Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

The latest from TMZ, gun allegedly used for target practice by the crew.

Multiple sources directly connected to the 'Rust' production tell TMZ ... the same gun Alec Baldwin accidentally fired -- hitting the DP and director -- was being used by crews members off set as well, for what we're told amounted to target practice.

We're told this off-the-clock shooting -- which was allegedly happening away from the movie lot -- was being done with real bullets ... which is how some who worked on the film believe a live round found its way in one of the chambers that day....

There's also this ... one source who was on set and familiar with the goings-on of the crew tells us that when cops showed up, they found live ammo and blanks were being stored in the same area -- another possible explanation for how an actual bullet slipped got in the gun.

• Useful 3

The lax safety accusations for the AD also predate Rust. Per this article from CNN, people who worked with him in 2019 on a series were appalled by how flippant he was about safety protocols with both firearms and pyrotechnics, but it also seems like other people around him were counteracting it in a way that wasn't happening on this one. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/entertainment/rust-shooting-assistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html

Unfortunately, it seems like the perfect storm of ineptness and carelessness happened on Rust. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

The lax safety accusations for the AD also predate Rust. Per this article from CNN, people who worked with him in 2019 on a series were appalled by how flippant he was about safety protocols with both firearms and pyrotechnics, but it also seems like other people around him were counteracting it in a way that wasn't happening on this one. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/entertainment/rust-shooting-assistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html

Unfortunately, it seems like the perfect storm of ineptness and carelessness happened on Rust. 

Yes, before the gun got to AB, based on reports linked upthread and in other news media, there had been at least some of these reported failures of safety protocol:

• Guns on the set of "Rust" used for so-called "target practice" by crew and others after hours, presumably with real bullets
  • An armorer who had in the past expressed feelings of inadequacy
    --which might have led to not following gun safety protocols if the bosses tell her to, for instance, leave the weapons in charge of the Assistant Director --perhaps due to Covid protocols
  • An Assistant Director with a history of inattention to safety protocols who was left in charge of the the guns on set, which begs the question:
    Was there no prop manager? I don't seem to have read anything about such a person. Just the armorer.

And then, AB:

• didn't check the gun himself to see if it was loaded
  • and did point it (presumably) at a human--I don't think we can know at this point what he was pointing at exactly, and I assume he is an actor, not a marksman.

So, yes. I agree with @Zella: It was a "perfect storm."

I doubt AB will ever want to pick up a gun again--probably not even a plastic replica.
But if AB ever does choose to use a gun on set again, I assume there is no way he wouldn't check the chambers and recheck them --regardless of someone telling him it was "cold."
And I imagine he would refuse to use a gun loaded with even live ammunition blanks.

A horrible event.
Hopefully the extensive press coverage will lead to safety protocol enforcement reforms.
Prevention.

• Love 17

The last crew member killed on set was run over by a train.   Should we ban all trains, or working near railroad tracks?   It's about safety, not a particular prop.   You either follow all the safety procols, and call out unsafe practices or you are looking at an accident waiting to happen. 

Tough to compare but, sure. If you have a low budget and you're working with something difficult to control/handle safely (filming near railroad tracks when you don't have permission vs. playing with guns when you didn't hire an experienced armorer) then yes, ban. Write around it. Get creative or else figure out what you need to do in order to be able to feature trains or guns or whatever safely. Until then, you can't use them.

• Love 24
57 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Tough to compare but, sure. If you have a low budget and you're working with something difficult to control/handle safely (filming near railroad tracks when you don't have permission vs. playing with guns when you didn't hire an experienced armorer) then yes, ban. Write around it. Get creative or else figure out what you need to do in order to be able to feature trains or guns or whatever safely. Until then, you can't use them.

The problem with this approach is that it would be nearly impossible to actually enforce. Those who most need to follow the restrictions are the least likely to actually follow them. Who is going to determine which productions have a ban on dangerous stunts?

3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The last crew member killed on set was run over by a train.   Should we ban all trains, or working near railroad tracks?   It's about safety, not a particular prop.   You either follow all the safety procols, and call out unsafe practices or you are looking at an accident waiting to happen.   

Unless there is one I haven’t heard of I think there have been two stunt deaths since the one with the train. A Walking Dead stuntman was killed in a stunt fall and on Deadpool 2 a stuntwoman died in a motorcycle accident. Like you say it’s not about banning certain stunts but about demanding a higher standard. 

Edited by Guest

"Search warrant reveals grim details of ‘Rust’ shooting and Halyna Hutchins’ final minutes" 
sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/story/2021-10-24/alec-baldwin-prop-gun-shooting-halyna-hutchins-search-warrant (originally reported by the Los Angeles Times)

I don't personally need to read "details" of the physical impact of the bullet(s) covered in this linked article,
just: How did this happen? 
which is what the information quoted below from the article covers:

Actor Alec Baldwin was practicing removing a revolver from its holster and aiming toward the camera during rehearsal for the movie “Rust”...according to a search warrant obtained by the Los Angeles Times on Sunday night...camera operator Reid Russell told Det. Joel Cano...As Baldwin was explaining how he was going to draw his gun and where his arm would be when he pulled the gun from the holster, it discharged, Russell said.

I know nothing about guns--never even touched one, but aren't there safety latches that have to be released for a gun to discharge?

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I know nothing about guns--never even touched one, but aren't there safety latches that have to be released for a gun to discharge?

Not revolvers. The safety is that if it’s a single action, you have to cock the hammer back before it’ll fire. Double action can be fired if you pull the trigger back hard enough (the action cocks the hammer back for you).

• Useful 13
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2021 at 11:34 PM, WendyCR72 said:

So between the two, in 37 years, this is still happening. Yes, it is few and far between, but it should not be happening at all. I realize CGI is expensive, but surely something - with all the technology in 2021 - can simulate gunfire with much less risk to human life.

Seems to me that CGI isn't the answer.  Stricter enforcement of safety on set is, and that is a lot cheaper, too.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:09 AM, aradia22 said:

I understand why they don't use CGI on a low-budget movie or a TV show. Use it on the Matrix and blockbusters where you can afford it. But then, with these lower budget stories, just write around it. You can write out the gun or you can edit around it so you see someone brandishing the gun but you never see it fired. It's not that difficult. 

Not sure how feasible that would be in a Western, which is what Rust is.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, aradia22 said:

If you can't afford the safety measures to properly handle guns, there are ways to be creative without compromising the story.

It's not a matter of not affording the safety measures.  It's about following them properly or being sloppy about them.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:19 PM, aradia22 said:

You could edit out the shots where there is the clear recoil of a gun being fired and not really lose anything.

In some cases this would work.  In others it would detract from the film.  Again, it's possible to use guns on a film set safely, but everyone has to follow the proper procedures all the time.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

"Search warrant reveals grim details of ‘Rust’ shooting and Halyna Hutchins’ final minutes" 
sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/story/2021-10-24/alec-baldwin-prop-gun-shooting-halyna-hutchins-search-warrant (originally reported by the Los Angeles Times)

The Hollywood Reporter has an article with additional details from the same search warrant.

...with Baldwin sitting on a wooden pew “facing south towards the camera and crew.”

“Joel said the rehearsal entailed actor Alec Baldwin cross drawing his weapon and pointing his revolver towards the camera lens,” the statement reads.

[Camera operator Reid] Russell was asked by Cano about the behavior of people on set during the church scene and he said that “everyone seemed to be getting along.” He also said in his statement that Baldwin was very careful with the firearm, and he relayed an incident earlier during filming when the actor made sure things were safe when he discharged a firearm.

Explanation of cross drawing from a 2017 Idaho State Journal column:

Cross draw carry isn’t new. Cowboys of the 1800s and early 1900s often carried cross draw so their revolvers wouldn’t get in the way of the work they performed on the ranch.

Today, cross draw carry is usually where the handgun is worn in front of the non-dominate hip at waist level, with the muzzle pointing toward the outside of the body and the grip facing toward the dominate hand.

The draw is performed by the dominate hand crossing the torso, grasping the handgun, bringing the handgun back across the torso and pointing it at the target.

• Useful 7

From PeopleAnne Burrell's Wedding Photos: See All the Details from Her 'Fairytale' Fall Day

Chef Anne Burrell can regularly be seen on the Food Network, either judging on other chefs’ shows or as 1 of 2 hosts of The Worst Cooks in America & the show’s celebrity version, where she leads a team of either civilians or celebrities who allegedly don’t know how to cook, against another team with the same issue & led by another celebrity chef/Food Network host, down the road to cooking a 3-course meal for 3 “culinary experts”. The finalist from the team whose meal is judged the best wins a cash prize; the cash prize won by the celebrity is donated to his/her favorite charity.

As far as her recent marriage, some to many might find it unusual she married a man. Back in 2012, she announced her engagement to another female chef—so many must’ve assumed she was a lesbian. Then, in 2018, she began dating the man she eventually married in the ceremony depicted above; they got engaged while quarantining with her family last year & recently married in the ceremony depicted above.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

As far as her recent marriage, some to many might find it unusual she married a man. Back in 2012, she announced her engagement to another female chef—so many must’ve assumed she was a lesbian.

I don't believe she ever said she was gay rather than bisexual; when Ted Allen "outed" her during an interview, he said he was not going to put a label on her, but she was "dating a woman right now".  (I put "outed" in quotes, because Burrell's rep said she didn't feel outed, as it was no secret who she'd been dating for a couple of years at that point, it's just that her then-partner is a very private person.)

Anyway, regarding the wedding, I love the colors!  Especially the orange bridesmaid dresses.  I think Anne's dress is nice, too, and I don't like very many traditional wedding dresses.

• Love 13

I for sure thought Anne Burrell was gay too. In other wedding news, which is also in their show threads, Tarek El-Moussa and Heather Rae Young were married on Saturday. Of course it was filmed for an HGTV special so they probably got the venue and a bunch of other expenses comped. Not to mention payment for the People exclusive and the special. Christina will probably rush into marrying her new fiancee in competition.

Now that we have more details, I imagine Alec Baldwin was concentrating on rehearsing his movements with the gun, making the draw, aiming, thinking "Then I pull the trigger..." and actually doing it on automatic with a gun he had just been told wasn't loaded. Halyma  Hutchins's husband will presumably sue for wrongful death and the armorer, AD and the movie's producers will be named in the suit, which will include Baldwin.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Of course it was filmed for an HGTV special

From the article:

The wedding and its preparations were filmed for a one-hour special titled Tarek and Heather The Big I Do, which will air on discovery+ in December.

The couple has shared that they originally were adamant that they would not film the nuptials, but eventually decided that capturing the memories would be best for them as a family, so the kids (to whom Heather is now officially step-mom) could look back on it all later.

Yes, because only TV shows have access to camera equipment in this the year 2021, so the only way to make sure the kids can get together years from now and watch the wedding (probably as part of trying to remember when all their various stepparents came and went) was to have it filmed by a Discovery crew for a streaming special.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Now that we have more details, I imagine Alec Baldwin was concentrating on rehearsing his movements with the gun, making the draw, aiming, thinking "Then I pull the trigger..." and actually doing it on automatic with a gun he had just been told wasn't loaded. Halyma  Hutchins's husband will presumably sue for wrongful death and the armorer, AD and the movie's producers will be named in the suit, which will include Baldwin.

If that happens, I can imagine AB would not want to fight the suit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If that happens, I can imagine AB would not want to fight the suit.

Yes, especially since he's been seen with the husband and child.  I hope this is settled out of court to lessen the pain for the husband and her family.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Yes, because only TV shows have access to camera equipment in this the year 2021, so the only way the kids could ever watch video of the wedding years from now (probably when trying to remember when all their various stepparents came and went) is if they had it filmed by a Discovery crew for a streaming special.

That part stood out to me as well.  I mean really. 

• Love 3

I never would have expected Anne Burrell to go all romantic with her gown, but I like it. (I thought she was a lesbian, as well, but hey! Shows what we know!) I hope she and her new husband have many years of happiness. And also, I never would have expected her to go the "horse and carriage" route, but I like that she was adamant about wanting her moment. Good for her!

I guess I always considered Anne an artsy, edgy type, and the very traditional wedding sort of surprised me!

• Love 16

Looks like reports on the AD from Rust are starting to come out of the woodworks. This just popped up on my push notifications from my local news. 

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/news/local/dave-halls-fired-movie-set-arkansas-gun-discharged-freedoms-path-alec-baldwin-rust/527-897746b7-d325-4a41-ae65-92c16f6b0184

He was apparently fired from a production in Arkansas in 2019 after a gun went off on set and wounded someone. This is the same year as the previous complaint already reported from a TV series in which he was accused of being negligent about safety precautions. 

• Useful 11
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Looks like reports on the AD from Rust are starting to come out of the woodworks. This just popped up on my push notifications from my local news. 

https://www.5newsonline.com/article/news/local/dave-halls-fired-movie-set-arkansas-gun-discharged-freedoms-path-alec-baldwin-rust/527-897746b7-d325-4a41-ae65-92c16f6b0184

He was apparently fired from a production in Arkansas in 2019 after a gun went off on set and wounded someone. This is the same year as the previous complaint already reported from a TV series in which he was accused of being negligent about safety precautions. 

Well, it was said that Rust was low budget, which means whomever hired this guy likely did so because he came cheap. Apparently, that quality carries over to his practices.

I don't care how cheap he was. Did no one involved with this film do background checks on the crew?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Veteran prop master turned down ‘Rust’ gig over ‘massive red flags’

Every story coming out makes the producers like worse and worse. 

But during four days of negotiations, he became alarmed that “Rust” appeared to be a slapdash production that put saving money over people’s safety, he told the California paper.

“There were massive red flags,” he said, saying that he emailed to turn down the gig.

“After I pressed ‘send’ on that last email, I felt, in the pit of my stomach: ‘That is an accident waiting to happen,’” he told the LA paper.

Zoromski said he now feels haunted over the fatal shooting of 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins — believing that had he taken the job, the deadly accident would never have happened.

“I take my job incredibly seriously,” he told the LA Times.

“As the prop master, you have to be concerned about safety. I’m the guy who hands the guns to the people on set,” he said.

One of his key concerns had been that producers — who only had a budget of $7 million — refused his request to also hire both an assistant prop master and an armorer.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, Avabelle said:

This is probably my own ignorance to how the film industry works but how are live rounds even allowed on the set? Maybe I’m naive but I always just assumed the guns used in movies were fake and it was sound effects and maybe a smoke machine that made them look real?

I also thought the guns were fake.  I seem to remember seeing something where they showed small explosive devices that were used to simulate a bullet hitting it’s target.  Obviously you can’t expect most actors to have the ability to reliably hit a moving car’s window, for example.  So why is there a need for having operable guns on set?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I also thought the guns were fake.  I seem to remember seeing something where they showed small explosive devices that were used to simulate a bullet hitting it’s target.  Obviously you can’t expect most actors to have the ability to reliably hit a moving car’s window, for example.  So why is there a need for having operable guns on set?

No, my understanding is guns used in shows and movies ARE real guns. It is the blanks that is supposed to render things fake, as blanks are missing the bullet tips. But, as we found out in 1984, 1993, and now, if a blank is shot from a short distance, they can still be lethal. Apparently, those real guns can allegedly be modified so only blanks - not real bullets - can fit in the chamber for any given show/movie, but the expense of doing so means it does not happen.

With past reports of toy guns mistaken as real guns by law enforcement, it does make me wonder, as asked here, why fake toy guns (that look real) cannot be used instead (and use CGI for the shooting, etc.).

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 10/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, Dani said:

Because he wanted to? Plenty of bigger names will agree to lower budget indie films if they think it’s a good part. Baldwin has compared this movie to Unforgiven and was a producer on Crown Vic with the same writer/producer. 

But I still don't get it. I know the first rule of Hollywood is never spend your own money, but why couldn't Alec Baldwin raise more than $6 million? Especially if this was some kind of passion project for him that he helped develop and was a producer on.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, it was said that Rust was low budget, which means whomever hired this guy likely did so because he came cheap. Apparently, that quality carries over to his practices.

I don't care how cheap he was. Did no one involved with this film do background checks on the crew?!

Yeah that was my first thought too. I bet he gets hired because he works cheap. 

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

But I still don't get it. I know the first rule of Hollywood is never spend your own money, but why couldn't Alec Baldwin raise more than $6 million? Especially if this was some kind of passion project for him that he helped develop and was a producer on.

I don't find it that surprising that people weren't clamoring to sink their own money into this. I don't think Alec Baldwin is really a box-office draw these days, and Westerns have been considered box office poison for years. Honestly, before this, when I thought of Alec Baldwin, I didn't think of any current projects he was involved in but his wife's weird social media presence and the drama between him and his oldest daughter, and I don't think I'm alone in that. It's not because he's untalented--I've never been a big fan of his, but I do think he's a good actor. But I don't think he's inherently going to pull in investors just because he's Alec Baldwin at this stage in his life/career. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

This accident points to something people in the business always say: that when there's no red carpets, it's a tough, hard-working, punishing job. Sounds like there was a lot of exhaustion on the set before the accident -- the long hours, the early morning shoots, being away from family for weeks or months to go on location. Things just slip through the cracks when everyone is tired and cranky.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Zella said:

untalented--I've never been a big fan of his, but I do think he's a good actor. But I don't think he's inherently going to pull in investors just because he's Alec Baldwin at this stage in his life/career. 

I mostly agree with you, but even so 6 million seems like a tiny amount. I would have thought he could easily generate more than that by calling in favours (from people he has made money for) and asking them to take a chance on him. I mean the last Jay and Silent Bob movie had a $10 million dollar budget.

• Useful 2
44 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I mostly agree with you, but even so 6 million seems like a tiny amount. I would have thought he could easily generate more than that by calling in favours (from people he has made money for) and asking them to take a chance on him. I mean the last Jay and Silent Bob movie had a $10 million dollar budget.

Well, he can call in all the favors he wants, but it still doesn't negate the fact that this was almost certainly a box-office bomb, long before anything tragic happened on set. I'm not sure why anyone else should be as passionate about this project as Alec Baldwin and put their own money into it, with the almost guaranteed certainty there was never going to be a return on their investment. Would you have put money into this, knowing you probably wouldn't see a return? I sure wouldn't have, even if I were good friends with him, and it seems like all the preproduction red flags would be an even better reason not to invest in it. People put more money into Jay and Silent Bob because they had a reasonable expectation that it was going to make more money back for them than a Western starring Alec Baldwin, even if that other movie was guaranteed to be absolute crap quality-wise. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

For prospective, the last Joel Souza movie that Alec Baldwin helped produce had a $3.6M budget and made $4,000 at the box office. That kind of track record just isn’t going to bring in millions. It’s not comparable to Jay and Silent Bob which has a cult following. Obviously, those involved believe it’s a really good movie and the hope is that it will well received but hope doesn’t bring in money. 

23 minutes ago, Dani said:

For prospective, the last Joel Souza movie that Alec Baldwin helped produce had a $3.6M budget and made $4,000 at the box office. That kind of track record just isn’t going to bring in millions. It’s not comparable to Jay and Silent Bob which has a cult following. Obviously, those involved believe it’s a really good movie and the hope is that it will well received but hope doesn’t bring in money. 

Wow $4,000 that is rough. I only used Kevin Smith as an example because when I used to be a big fan of his he would always talk about how he could always get funding since his movies were pretty low budget and always made a profit. I figured an Alec Baldwin movie using that logic could make enough to fund more than a 6 million dollar budget, but I guess not. And with the prospects of it bombing even at that budget it seems like a lot of work for no money, even before you consider any tragic accidents. Which makes me wonder why he turned down Tina Fey and Mr. Mayor. Hell doing corporate gigs as Trump would probably be more profitable.

And now I am also wondering how the much more washed up Baldwin brothers are able to earn a living.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Craig Zobel, director of Mare of Easttown, on filming guns. He says "Let computers do it."

“There’s no reason to have guns loaded with blanks or anything on set anymore,” Zobel wrote on Twitter. “Should just be fully outlawed. There’s computers now. The gunshots on ‘Mare of Easttown’ are all digital. You can probably tell, but who cares? It’s an unnecessary risk.”

No I could not tell, and I agree with him.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, aradia22 said:

He looks fine in a "we have a Hemsworth at home" kind of way. He just looks older but he's been given more of a leading man makeover.

After recreationally watching YouTuber Lorry Hill's videos on plastic surgery, my guess is a slight rhinoplasty and a chin/jaw implant, OR a jaw realignment. Possibly some microdermabrasion to get rid of his freckles, although that could just be a really good spray tan. Maybe some tinkering with his hairline as well.

• Love 3

Jesse Spencer just left Chicago Fire after being the star for ten years.  One of his reasons is the permanent injuries he has suffered while shooting the fire and rescue scenes.  Kristin Chenoweth was rushed to the hospital after being hit in the head by falling lighting equipment.  She has also fallen off an elevated stage and down concrete stairs.  Harrison Ford broke his leg during the Star Wars revival. I think safety in all areas of Hollywood could be improved.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I think safety in all areas of Hollywood could be improved.

Yes, guns are only one danger.  The conversation needs to encompass unsafe working conditions and unfair labor practices in general.  Which is, of course, very much not limited to Hollywood; if anything good can come out of a high-profile incident on a film set (a location where people of numerous different occupations work) in an era where information is disseminated and public attention gathered more easily, it would be sustained calls for workplace protections and employer accountability across the board.

• Love 15

Not only did the AD get fired from a previous film, but Hannah Gutierrez, the armorer, mishandled guns on a film set with Nicholas Cage. Somehow she wasn't fired.

Stu Brumbaugh, the key grip on "The Old Way," told CNN that Gutierrez handled guns on the set of that project in a reckless manner and that he urged the film's assistant director to fire her.

"There's a universal way to handle weapons on set and immediately red flags went up when I worked with Hannah," Brumbaugh said. "This is why I asked for her dismissal."...

Brumbaugh cited an incident in which Gutierrez fired a gun near the film's star Nicolas Cage without warning.

"Make an announcement! You just blew my f***ing eardrums out!" Cage screamed in response and then walked off set angrily, according to Brumbaugh.

"She was talking to the stunt coordinator, and she just fired off a round, it sounded [like she fired] at the ground, and that's when Nick really laid into her. That's when I said she needs to be let go, she's the most inexperienced armorer I had ever worked with. I have no idea why she wasn't let go."...

A source who worked on "The Old Way" and requested their name not be included for fear of professional reprisal told CNN they also had concerns about Gutierrez's work on the project.

"She walked out onto the set with live rounds with no announcement whatsoever to the cast and crew by her," the source said. "She never announced to anyone that she was walking on the set carrying firearms loaded with blanks with her."

"She didn't carry the firearms safely. She had pistols tucked under her armpits and was carrying rifles in each hand that were ready to be used in the scene," this individual added. "Firearms were aimed at people. She turned around and the pistols that were tucked under her armpits were pointing back at people."

So the two people who were handling the guns and expected to check each other were both incompetent. I wonder if she didn't get fired because of her Daddy, respected (and connected) armorer and stuntman Thell Reed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Jesse Spencer just left Chicago Fire after being the star for ten years.  One of his reasons is the permanent injuries he has suffered while shooting the fire and rescue scenes.  Kristin Chenoweth was rushed to the hospital after being hit in the head by falling lighting equipment.  She has also fallen off an elevated stage and down concrete stairs.  Harrison Ford broke his leg during the Star Wars revival. I think safety in all areas of Hollywood could be improved.

And the whole Batwoman scandal with Ruby Rose.  She was almost paralyzed.  I don't even know why they're continuing the show, albeit with a different star.  I think it's disgusting.  They don't deserve another show after what they've done to people.

https://www.newsweek.com/ruby-rose-instagram-batwoman-full-transcript-1641134

Warner Brother is trying to paint Ruby Rose like she's crazy and a liar but how can she fake a neck injury and a hospital visit and the scars?!  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

For prospective, the last Joel Souza movie that Alec Baldwin helped produce had a $3.6M budget and made $4,000 at the box office. That kind of track record just isn’t going to bring in millions. 

The movie that came to mind for me was Jane Got a Gun with Natalie Portman. But (according to wikipedia), that at least had a budget of $25 million and earned $3.8 million.

• Love 3