Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Do you mean, like, now? Because with the exception of Pompeo, none of those actors are on the show anymore, nor is Shonda the show runner, she hasn’t been in years.

But don’t all these stories go back to when she was showrunner?  I just don’t know that I have heard anyone blame her for the toxicity, even though it seems to me that the person who gave all the actors the power to be awful bears some responsibility.  Maybe they have and it’s just not on my radar since I don’t watch it.  

53 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Isaiah using the slur at the GOLDEN GLOBES is still up on Youtube.

He seems awful.  I don’t know what bearing that has on my question about Shondra, but he seems awful.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

But don’t all these stories go back to when she was showrunner?  I just don’t know that I have heard anyone blame her for the toxicity, even though it seems to me that the person who gave all the actors the power to be awful bears some responsibility.  Maybe they have and it’s just not on my radar since I don’t watch it.  

Plus isn't it still her company that produces the show. So isn't she the Showrunners boss and could presumably fire that person if they weren't doing their job?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, orza said:

I recall some years ago a fan attacked Tim McGraw on stage. I believe she grabbed the back pocket of his jeans, wouldn't let go, and he had to fight her off. When Faith Hill took the stage for her set she tore into the fan and the audience applauded.

The fan didn't grab Tim's back pocket, she grabbed his crotch. It was basically a sexual assault on stage.

https://people.com/celebrity/faith-hill-talks-about-crotch-grabbing-incident/

3 hours ago, Zella said:

One of Heigl's biggest problems was the fact she kept doing it over and over again on different projects, which did make her seem like an unbearable diva, even when she had reasonable points. She'd also blindside producers and showrunners with her complaints because she'd never bring them up to them but then bitch about it to reporters/talk show hosts. (I've still never gotten over her bitching about the hours of filming she had to do, only for it to be revealed that she'd asked for that schedule to do interviews. Then she backpedaled fast with "I had no clue!" LMAO) Does Knight have a history of whining about his jobs and bosses? Did he complain to the media before he did his bosses? If not, that's likely why he seemed to get a pass, and she didn't. He handled it more professionally. 

I think part of the problem that contributed to Heigl's bad reputation is her momager. Her mother is supposedly very aggressive & known to cause problems, so when you hire Katherine Heigl, her momager comes along with her. (scroll down)

https://www.nickiswift.com/33923/katherine-heigl-became-hated-hollywood/

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, GaT said:

The fan didn't grab Tim's back pocket, she grabbed his crotch. It was basically a sexual assault on stage.

https://people.com/celebrity/faith-hill-talks-about-crotch-grabbing-incident/

I think part of the problem that contributed to Heigl's bad reputation is her momager. Her mother is supposedly very aggressive & known to cause problems, so when you hire Katherine Heigl, her momager comes along with her. (scroll down)

https://www.nickiswift.com/33923/katherine-heigl-became-hated-hollywood/

I've heard some pretty bad things about Heigl's mom, so I doubt she helped, but all the stuff I read about had nothing to do with her mom and was Heigl repeatedly biting the hand that fed her, publicly. Mom may have egged it on, but Heigl herself was the one shooting off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

He seems awful.  I don’t know what bearing that has on my question about Shondra, but he seems awful.

Well, she laughed off him using the slur at the Golden Globes in front of everyone.  But, I think he was fired after that so I removed my comment.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

No matter where else responsibility for this incident ends up being assigned, the complete lack of professional behavior from the armorer should get a big share of it, at the very least.

Now she's claiming that she didn't know bullets were on the set, they didn't give her any training and she was holding two positions on the set. In other words it's everybody's fault but hers.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

Going back to Rust, I'm glad that armorer could carry guns under her armpits and fire them for fun just so she could pretend to be a badass.  That was well worth the price of someone's life.

Fucking IDIOT.

Hannah Gutierrez Reed should be charged with something in this mess. She was the supposed armorer.

• Love 14

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVn1QIcvbjQ/

Kristin Chenoweth got engaged. It's been a long time since she was engaged to Marc Kudisch (I still remember seeing them in The Apple Tree). She waited a while. Hopefully this is the right guy.

The Broadway star, 53, is engaged to boyfriend Josh Bryant, PEOPLE can confirm. Bryant popped the question with a Rahaminov Forevermark three-stone Halo ring on the rooftop of New York City's Rainbow Room Wednesday evening. The happy couple enjoyed a celebratory dinner at Fresco by Scotto later that night. 

"I've been the runaway bride," Chenoweth jokes. "Now that I've found him, I won't let him go. I will race to greet him at the altar."

Bryant adds, "My best friend and soulmate said 'YES' to me! Kristin is my world, my everything, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her!" 

The couple dressed in their best for the engagement, with Bryant wearing a Collection Michael Strahan suit jacket as he got down on one knee. Chenoweth chose a black Balmain dress and matching Louboutins and later changed into a yellow Alex Perry look for dinner with her new fiancé. 

Chenoweth and Bryant, who have been linked since August 2018, first met at the wedding of Chenoweth's niece in 2016, where Bryant's band Backroad Anthem was performing. When the band was hired to play at Chenoweth's nephew's wedding in 2018, the soon-to-be couple met once again and started dating in August of that year, per Vogue. 

The Wicked star and her musician boyfriend only grew closer in 2020 while quarantining together in New York City at the start of the coronavirus pandemic, spending time bonding and creating TikTok videos.

"We managed to stay creative and still have a good time," Chenoweth previously told PEOPLE. "My boyfriend is 14 years younger than me. Thus, I'm good at TikTok. I didn't know what TikTok was, I didn't necessarily want to do TikTok. Now I love TikTok with his help." 

https://people.com/movies/kristin-chenoweth-is-engaged-to-josh-bryant-now-that-ive-found-him-i-wont-let-him-go/

• Love 15
19 hours ago, bobalina said:

Now she's claiming that she didn't know bullets were on the set, they didn't give her any training and she was holding two positions on the set. In other words it's everybody's fault but hers.

"They" didn't give her any training? Isn't she supposed to be the expert? Is the producer, director, gaffer, or somebody's assistant supposed to show her how guns work? What did she think being the armourer meant?

Edited by GaT
spelling
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, bobalina said:

If this is true (and the training was someone else's responsibility, which it really shouldn't have been), why on earth did she take the job? There were enough red flags to scare off other people and she's admitting she saw them but stuck around?

• Love 16

Too much stupid for a Saturday.

How does an armourer not know there are bullets on the set?    But you know, just like the assistant director, they hired her cheap.    Although seeing all the red flags, I gotta wonder if this would have happened no matter the budget.

Ice Cube.   There are no words.   He runs the big 3 Basketball league too.   I really hope he isn't allowing unvaxxed players who will travel around the country spreading it.   

• Love 10
17 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Harpo, who dis woman?

Madonna II.jpg

Isn’t this Madonna not looking like Madonna? I’ll admit the surgery and SM filters got her looking 20-30 years younger. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Enero said:

Isn’t this Madonna not looking like Madonna?

25 minutes ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

For this photo shoot, I take it.

Madonna under fire for recreating Marilyn Monroe death scene for V Magazine

More evidence that after sitting out COVID 2020, Halloween is a go this year.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Enero said:

Isn’t this Madonna not looking like Madonna? I’ll admit the surgery and SM filters got her looking 20-30 years younger. 

... and like a cross between Rita Ora and Anna Nicole Smith during the her Guess modeling heyday.  Definitely not 2021 Madonna.  The image manipulation in this just makes her unrecognizable which is the opposite of what you'd want in a cover photo.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

For this photo shoot, I take it.

Madonna under fire for recreating Marilyn Monroe death scene for V Magazine

https://pagesix.com/2021/10/29/madonna-under-fire-for-recreating-marilyn-monroes-death/

Madonna took "all publicity is good publicity" to a whole new level.

Now you mention that Madonna is the one in the picture, I can see a it little bit around the eyes, but no, she doesn't look anything like Marylin Monroe there.  She might have been able to pull it off in the 80s, but not now. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

... and like a cross between Rita Ora and Anna Nicole Smith during the her Guess modeling heyday.  Definitely not 2021 Madonna.  The image manipulation in this just makes her unrecognizable which is the opposite of what you'd want in a cover photo.

It’s almost like Renee Zellweger’s transition after her surgical/Botox/fillers journey. She looked like herself but then she didn’t. It’s hard to know what Madonna really looks like nowadays due to the surgery, heavy makeup and the SM filters.  But yeah, the point is she has transformed into a different person, looks wise that is  

16 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Madonna took "all publicity is good publicity" to a whole new level.

Some things never change. I can appreciate her boldness and consistency. That said I think she could’ve done the vintage corset and pearls with the Marilyn Monroe hair without including the pill bottles or “dead body” in the photo shoot but then it wouldn’t be getting the publicity she (and the magazine and photographer) were aiming for. 

• Love 6

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10148115/Alec-Hilaria-Baldwin-talk-photographers-going-hiding-Vermont.html

Alec Baldwin talks to reporters for 4 minutes on the street in an effort to stop them following his family around. Hilaria Hillary buts in several times, talks over Alec, walks in front of him. I couldn't embed the video, but here's a direct link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/2536015.html

I wasn't listening so much as watching the interaction between those two.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Not a fan of Hillaria Hillary but I can understand her interrupting her husband because she was afraid he'd say something to incriminate himself.  I think she was trying to protect him.

Good point.

• Love 3

Hilaria Hillary buts in several times, talks over Alec, walks in front of him.

I can't with her "Spanish" accent coming in at the beginning and the end but disappearing for the rest of the video when she was in Karen mode. Alec seemed perfectly able to handle himself and he wasn't agitated or emotional. I don't think she was protecting him. If anything, the distraction was more likely to throw him off. She could have just filmed in order to prevent mischaracterization or having the footage edited. She wanted to get her two cents in and act self-righteous. 

• Love 9

And then Alec Baldwin went on about gun safety on movie sets and I was waiting for him to put his foot in his mouth, so yeah, some might think of it as her butting in but I think it's a good thing she did.   And it was a smart move to film the whole encounter. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Enero said:

It’s almost like Renee Zellweger’s transition after her surgical/Botox/fillers journey. She looked like herself but then she didn’t. It’s hard to know what Madonna really looks like nowadays due to the surgery, heavy makeup and the SM filters.  But yeah, the point is she has transformed into a different person, looks wise that is  

Some things never change. I can appreciate her boldness and consistency. That said I think she could’ve done the vintage corset and pearls with the Marilyn Monroe hair without including the pill bottles or “dead body” in the photo shoot but then it wouldn’t be getting the publicity she (and the magazine and photographer) were aiming for. 

Considering that Miss Ciccone  stooped so low as to literally use her own tragic mother's grave as a prop (in the Truth or Dare [1991]film), her not being above treating Miss Monroe's death scene as publicity stunt doesn't come as a surprise to me. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Enero said:

Isn’t this Madonna not looking like Madonna?

Madonna hasn't looked like Madonna for a couple of years now. She just won't admit she's not in her 20s anymore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GaT said:

Madonna hasn't looked like Madonna for a couple of years now. She just won't admit she's not in her 20s anymore.

And I'm sure she doesn't want others to consider that she was actually born before Miss Monroe's 1962 death! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I can't with her "Spanish" accent coming in at the beginning and the end but disappearing for the rest of the video when she was in Karen mode. Alec seemed perfectly able to handle himself and he wasn't agitated or emotional. I don't think she was protecting him. If anything, the distraction was more likely to throw him off. She could have just filmed in order to prevent mischaracterization or having the footage edited. She wanted to get her two cents in and act self-righteous. 

Dr. Zella has long armchair-diagnosed Hilaria with Severe Attention Whore Syndrome. I really don't think she is capable of not trying to make everything about herself. Perhaps I'm being unfair to her--I can understand possible concern about him saying something incriminating--but she has a history of making everything all about her, even just standing in an elevator, so I have a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt. Rather than the boy who cried wolf, she's the girl who cried "Me!" So, it makes it hard for me to not read her behavior along those lines automatically. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

OMG I just watched that video, and I stand by my interpretation. He tries to get her to SHUT UP three separate times, and she keeps inserting herself verbally and inching her way on camera. His answers were fine--they were way better than hers. He didn't need her help, and I don't think he wanted it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

Dr. Zella has long armchair-diagnosed Hilaria with Severe Attention Whore Syndrome. I really don't think she is capable of not trying to make everything about herself. Perhaps I'm being unfair to her--I can understand possible concern about him saying something incriminating--but she has a history of making everything all about her, even just standing in an elevator, so I have a hard time giving her the benefit of the doubt. Rather than the boy who cried wolf, she's the girl who cried "Me!" So, it makes it hard for me to not read her behavior along those lines automatically. 

Actually, in her case, I think in this instance both things are true.  I agree she's an insufferable attention whore, but I do believe she really was trying to prevent him from incriminating himself.

• Love 5
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Actually, in her case, I think in this instance both things are true.  I agree she's an insufferable attention whore, but I do believe she really was trying to prevent him from incriminating himself.

I just watched it. He wasn't saying anything incriminating, and she acted like a complete asshole. He didn't want or need her help. He kept trying to get her to butt out, and she wouldn't listen. He handled them way better than she did. If anything, she seems to have made the whole thing way more of a circus with her "interventions."

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

OMG I just watched that video, and I stand by my interpretation. He tries to get her to SHUT UP three separate times, and she keeps inserting herself verbally and inching her way on camera. His answers were fine--they were way better than hers. He didn't need her help, and I don't think he wanted it. 

True, he wanted her to shut up but it still looks to me like he was on the verge of saying too much when he started talking about guns.   I think if his lawyer had been standing beside him, the lawyer would have acted pretty much the same way Hillaria....uhhhh...Hillary did.  Don't say anything to the press.

2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just watched it. He wasn't saying anything incriminating, and she acted like a complete asshole. He didn't want or need her help. He kept trying to get her to butt out, and she wouldn't listen. He handled them way better than she did. If anything, she seems to have made the whole thing way more of a circus with her "interventions."

He could have possibly said something incriminating, and that's what she was afraid of. 

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on out interpretations of what we saw.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

True, he wanted her to shut up but it still looks to me like he was on the verge of saying too much when he started talking about guns.   I think if his lawyer had been standing beside him, the lawyer would have acted pretty much the same way Hillaria....uhhhh...Hillary did.  Don't say anything to the press.

I'm sure his lawyer wishes he hadn't said anything, but I really don't think any lawyer worth their salt would have made such a spectacle of themselves in trying to get him to stop talking, especially after he made it clear he was not interested in the intervention. Her behavior seemed almost performative. Which seems to be her MO. 

I'm not an Alec Baldwin fan, to be honest. I think he's a talented actor who has a well-deserved reputation for being volatile. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with his demeanor or anything he said. He was appropriately cagey when needed to be without seeming like he was being devious. He was handling the press well, more so than I would have assumed he would during what I am sure is a stressful time when he absolutely doesn't want to talk and knows anything he says will be ripped apart and analyzed ad nauseum, and I thought he was quite sympathetic. 

Hilaria? Not so much. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Zella said:

I'm sure his lawyer wishes he hadn't said anything, but I really don't think any lawyer worth their salt would have made such a spectacle of themselves in trying to get him to stop talking, especially after he made it clear he was not interested in the intervention. Her behavior seemed almost performative. Which seems to be her MO. 

I'm not an Alec Baldwin fan, to be honest. I think he's a talented actor who has a well-deserved reputation for being volatile. But there was absolutely nothing wrong with his demeanor or anything he said. He was appropriately cagey when needed to be without seeming like he was being devious. He was handled the press well, more so than I would have assumed he would during what I am sure is a stressful time, and I thought he was quite sympathetic. 

Hilaria? Not so much. 

Ok, are we done yet? 😅

Just now, Crashcourse said:

Ok, are we done yet? 😅

I'm sorry. I didn't see your late edit about agreeing to disagree. I wasn't trying to be difficult. I do agree to disagree. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Zella said:

Me too, she was just awful. She can’t help herself.

I am not a fan of Alec Baldwin for a number of reasons. However, my heart breaks for everyone involved especially the victim’s family and Alec because he was holding thrum. He handled this just fine andhe was very restrained and appropriate and was polite to the press.

His wife is just awful. She wasn’t there, but she is making it about her.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

She can’t help herself.

That's what I'm inclined to think. I've never recovered from the elevator photo she posted several years ago. 

image.png.1ffca31c97a5e3d5ba401dac25560681.png

Or the plane one.

article-2547160-1B0334AA00000578-413_634

Actually the plane one is my favorite. Everyone else's face is just magnificent. We get it. You can do yoga. Get out of the aisle and sit down. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5

I don’t get how the armorer can claim she didn’t have any training. Her dad is literally a famous armorer in the business so she grew up around it all. I’m sure his reputation is the reason she was even considered for this job and my understanding is that this is not the first project she has worked on. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That's what I'm inclined to think. I've never recovered from the elevator photo she posted several years ago. 

Or the plane one.

Actually the plane one is my favorite. Everyone else's face is just magnificent. We get it. You can do yoga. Get out of the aisle and sit down. 

What an asshole she is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
17 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I don’t get how the armorer can claim she didn’t have any training. Her dad is literally a famous armorer in the business so she grew up around it all. I’m sure his reputation is the reason she was even considered for this job and my understanding is that this is not the first project she has worked on. 

I don't see how anything she said was believable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5