Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

She's always flitting from Italy to the Caribbean to Bali to blah blah blah while most of us sit at home in a pandemic.  I admit, I see the posts!  But after awhile it's going to wear on people......

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Teigen's problem isn't the volume of what she posts. It's the tone, and the fact that she seems so pathologically compelled to be seen and heard on social media that she can't read a room.

Textbook Teigen on social media was after the bullying story came out and she offered a lame apology that was quickly refuted by the victim, and Teigen's response was to lie low for a bit before surfacing with self-pitying "Poor me in my big fancy house, all alone and canceled" posts. That sort of shit makes people want you to fuck off bad.  

• Love 23

I feel sorry for women (and men too) who can't seem to go five minutes with a romantic or sexual partner. Why are they so afraid of being alone?

Christina Haack's Praise For Her New Fiancé Hints at Issues She Had With Tarek & Ant

The Christina on the Coast star revealed to People that she’s “the best version of myself and the most authentic” now that she’s engaged to Hall. She’s in a relationship that is “raw and real” because they are “on the same page with the same outlook on life.” Calling her fiancé, “a well-balanced man,” Haack also suggests that this is something she didn’t get in her prior marriages to El Moussa and Anstead. “He is a man who takes care of his woman and family and can handle anything that is thrown at him without letting it get to him,” she explained.

She's one of those HGTV "designers." She had a show with one of her ex-husbands (Flip or Flop) and then another with the more recent ex-husband.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I feel sorry for women (and men too) who can't seem to go five minutes with a romantic or sexual partner. Why are they so afraid of being alone?

Christina Haack's Praise For Her New Fiancé Hints at Issues She Had With Tarek & Ant

She's one of those HGTV "designers." She had a show with one of her ex-husbands (Flip or Flop) and then another with the more recent ex-husband.

The sad thing is that I'm not even sure Miss Haack herself knows WHAT 'the best . .and most authentic 'version of herself because she's been wearing a spinning mask  for so long she may have forgotten what or who she originally was underneath it! Oh, BTW, while her latest pics seem to show her wearing less makeup than usual, not only is not makeup free, she's still not displaying her natural hair color instead of altering it. 

It also should be noted that she has, in the past, sung her man's praises to the hilt extolling whoever he may be(at that time) as the greatest thing that's ever come down the pike- until things sour and he suddenly isn't. I hope her current Mr. Hall is aware of that history and isn't surprised, if one day, her kudos come to a sudden and abrupt end.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 12
On 11/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, PepSinger said:

@Bastet and @RealHousewife, I hear you both. I think what makes it more understandable for me is that the doctor figured out *why* she miscarried the previous two times. I had never heard of a weakened cervix, and if that was the only barrier to a healthy pregnancy, then I can see why they chose to have another child. The problem was solved. They weren’t just blindly trying to have another child.

That's the same thing as an incompetent cervix, right?  I saw that on Downton Abbey.  And yes, fixable.

You know what, as long as the parents involved aren't relying on someone else to pay for their children and are taking proper care of them, I'm not going to criticize them for having more.  Unless they're religious nutjobs like the Duggars, of course.

18 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sure Martin was a cop but he was a detective

Still a blue collar career in general.  No one starts out in the police department as a detective; they usually work their way up over the course of several years.  Not that Frazier and Niles had any kind of blue collar upbringing, unless it was when they were very young.

I didn't watch Frazier with any regularity, but from the few episodes I did see, it seemed like a lot of the focus was on ridiculing the brothers for being pretentious twats.

• Love 10

I am perfectly aware that nobody "starts out as a detective".  I was arguing against the boys having a totally blue collar background because their mother was also a research psychiatrist, which you agree with anyway.  Martin and Hester met on a crime scene, and by then I believe he was a detective or at least close to it. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I am perfectly aware that nobody "starts out as a detective".  I was arguing against the boys having a totally blue collar background because their mother was also a research psychiatrist, which you agree with anyway.  Martin and Hester met on a crime scene, and by then I believe he was a detective or at least close to it. 

It appeared to me that you were using "Martin was a detective" as part of the reason Frazier and Niles didn't have a blue collar background, when in fact it doesn't indicate anything either way (blue collar v not blue collar).  I apologize for misunderstanding.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

Keanu Reeves Says He's Been Married To Winona Ryder For Almost 30 Years

Should be a plot for a romantic comedy.  Co-stars accidentally married during a scene who find out years later they need a divorce.  There’s no license so it’s clearly a joke but it keeps coming up again 

Another one was also just released in Esquire, from the Speed days with Sandra Bullock

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a38241136/keanu-reeves-interview-2021/

A year or so after Speed came out, Bullock and Keanu were hanging out, talking about whatever, and somehow the subject of Champagne and truffles came up, which is not really a subject at all, but Bullock said, offhand, that she had never had Champagne and truffles. A nothing comment. “Really?” Keanu said. “Nope, never had ’em,” Bullock said. The conversation wandered to other topics.

A few days later, Bullock was sitting in the living room of the little house she had bought—her first house—with a girlfriend. They were painting their nails. She heard an engine outside, which turned out to be Keanu’s motorcycle. He rang the doorbell, and Bullock opened the door to find him there with flowers, Champagne, and truffles. He said, “I just thought you might want to try Champagne and truffles, to see what it’s like.” He sat on the couch. Bullock poured some Champagne, and they opened the truffles. Keanu put his hands out, without a word, and Bullock painted his nails black, same as hers.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Luckylyn said:

Should be a plot for a romantic comedy.  Co-stars accidentally married during a scene who find out years later they need a divorce.  There’s no license so it’s clearly a joke but it keeps coming up again 

Yeah, they've both been making this claim for years. It isn't true - no license, they never signed anything, the ceremony used the characters' names, etc - but they've certainly got plenty of chat show mileage out of it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that someone who gets COVID could still shed for months after testing positive and trigger another positive test even though they're not contagious.  It's why some places with testing mandates say that a person doesn't need to test for another 90 days after testing positive. 

I'm guessing the only reason he's testing so soon is because he's in Italy.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Chris Pratt has been cast as Mario in Super Mario Bros. from Illumination and everyone is taking it too seriously

https://toofab.com/2021/11/22/mario-producer-chris-meledandri-defends-casting-non-italian-chris-pratt/

"All I can tell you is the voice that he's doing for us, and Mario, is phenomenal," the 62-year-old insisted upon a recent return to LAX. "Yeah I can't wait for people to hear it."

"Well, as an Italian American myself, I understand," Meledandri conceded. "You know, I understand the comments."

But he pointed out: "Charlie Day, who's playing Luigi, actually comes from Italian heritage. Yeah so that's our nod."

Meledandri, the founder and CEO of Illumination, and the producer behind such smash hit franchises as Despicable Me, Ice Age, The Secret Life of Pets and Sing, hinted that the accent issue would be a self-referential joke within the film.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Chris Pratt has been cast as Mario in Super Mario Bros. from Illumination and everyone is taking it too seriously

https://toofab.com/2021/11/22/mario-producer-chris-meledandri-defends-casting-non-italian-chris-pratt/

I can’t say I’m outraged but I have no desire to hear Chris Pratt doing a stereotypical Italian accent. I also can’t say people are taking it too seriously since I’m not part of the group impacted. I do know what it is like it have to repeatedly see stereotypical depictions of my race so I always hesitate to say someone else shouldn’t react negatively.

The author of that article completely loses all credibility, for me, when they tried to compare this to the completely unrelated reaction to Karen Gillian’s costume in Jumanji. 

Edited by Guest
31 minutes ago, Dani said:

I can’t say I’m outraged but I no desire to hear Chris Pratt doing a stereotypical Italian accent. I also can’t say people are taking it too seriously since I’m not part of the group impacted.

If you want to get specific with it, the original game was created by Shigeru Miyamoto, who was born in Kyoto. So we have a white man voicing an Italian character created by someone from Japan. If Pratt was not involved, likely no one would care, I'm just wondering if pre-existing circumstances make it less 'problematic' or more.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

If you want to get specific with it, the original game was created by Shigeru Miyamoto, who was born in Kyoto. So we have a white man voicing an Italian character created by someone from Japan. If Pratt was not involved, likely no one would care, I'm just wondering if pre-existing circumstances make it less 'problematic' or more.

I’m not sure I understand what the character being created by a Japanese man makes. I’ve heard comments that Mario is stereotype for years. There are people who would have concerns about a movie being made no matter who was voicing him. 

I also can’t say people are taking it too seriously since I’m not part of the group impacted. [...] The author of that article completely loses all credibility, for me, when they tried to compare this to the completely unrelated reaction to Karen Gillian’s costume in Jumanji. 

Yeah, I was more like... the articles being written and pressing the producer for a comment like that felt like... a slow day in entertainment news

I do not see the problem with Chris Pratt playing Mario (unless you have issues with him for other reasons) when John Leguizamo played Luigi in the last movie they made about this game.  Plus, we don't actually have a voice actor from the GAMES to compare him to unless he's gonna go around yelling "hya, ho, ha, woo" through the whole game.  It's definitely a slow news day since this info, and the people voicing displeasure about it, have been around for months.  I know you gotta get the clicks, but can you not find something actually news worthy to "break".  Nobody is giving Jack Black crap for playing Bowser, leave poor Jumpman Mario and his weird brother Luigi Mario alone.

Also, the game and it's resultant tv shows and movie are definitely stereotypical and basically like the white people in Squid Game, what the people of that country see these foreigners as.  In this case, it's Japan's view of Italians, but it's not new in any way.

• Love 9

Ryan Reynolds receives Governor General’s Award

Actor Ryan Reynolds was awarded the Governor General’s Award by Gov. Gen. Mary Simon on Friday.

The 45-year-old actor from Vancouver is known for his roles in “Deadpool,” “Green Lantern” and “The Proposal” among many others.

Reynolds tweeted the news Saturday morning saying he is a wreck following the award. The tweet also featured a five-minute-long clip with a short musical performance by Canadian musician Steven Page.

I don't know how well known his charitable works are outside Canada, but here, he's pretty special.

• Love 20
On 11/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, Luckylyn said:

On 11/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, Llywela said:

Yeah, they've both been making this claim for years. It isn't true - no license, they never signed anything, the ceremony used the characters' names, etc - but they've certainly got plenty of chat show mileage out of it!

It’s a fun story.   We all have them.   It’s nice to know Hollywood  stars have those stupid little “a funny thing happened” stories as well.  It makes them feel more human.   Plus with this and the Sandra Bullock Tuffles story it makes KR seem like a pretty cool dude and we need more cool dudes.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

It’s a fun story.   We all have them.   It’s nice to know Hollywood  stars have those stupid little “a funny thing happened” stories as well.  It makes them feel more human.

Yeah, it totally reminds me of those family stories we all know but that get told every year at some family gathering and we all laugh as if we hadn't heard it every year since we were children. lol 

14 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I don't know how well known his charitable works are outside Canada, but here, he's pretty special.

Ryan Reynolds makes me wish I was Canadian. He is in league with Keanu as someone who seems like he would just be the greatest person to know and hang out with. We need more of those guys. I would happily hear stories of the nice, fun and silly things they do than hear about another person who has abused their fame to force their will on others. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would happily hear stories of the nice, fun and silly things they do than hear about another person who has abused their fame to force their will on others. 

I remember shortly after all the stories of awful celebrities started breaking when #MeToo was really gaining steam a few years back, someone had started a thread somewhere asking for positive stories about celebrities to combat that. I don't know who all was mentioned in there, never saw the full discussion, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds was among those mentioned. 

I do remember that there were a lot of people who had many positive things to say about David Hyde Pierce :). Which made me happy. 

• Love 23
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

I do not see the problem with Chris Pratt playing Mario (unless you have issues with him for other reasons) when John Leguizamo played Luigi in the last movie they made about this game.

I really do not understand this train of thought. Because one actor of a different race played a character nearly 30 years ago there’s no reason to have a problem with it today. 

1 hour ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

I've never heard of Miss Lohan's flame Mr. Shammas before but I have to wonder why someone would believe she is the person  it worth be  spending the rest of one's life with- to say nothing of being worth forsaking all others for. Has he spent his whole life under a rock or in a space capsule and never been exposed to other people who might be more relaxing than living on top of a sinkhole?!  Has he never met any of    her relatives?  And it's hard to imagine that any relatives of his would be bragging this up for their impending Christmas cards! 

But as I said at the start, I've never heard of Mr. Shammas before so perhaps it might be a case of 'trainwrecks  think it's now or never/ so trainwrecks crash together'!

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I've never heard of Miss Lohan's flame Mr. Shammas before but I have to wonder why someone would believe she is the person  it worth be  spending the rest of one's life with- to say nothing of being worth forsaking all others for. Has he spent his whole life under a rock or in a space capsule and never been exposed to other people who might be more relaxing than living on top of a sinkhole?!  Has he never met any of    her relatives?  And it's hard to imagine that any relatives of his would be bragging this up for their impending Christmas cards! 

I know she’s been a train wreck but this is such a depressing line of thought. I don’t follow her at all but it seems like she has either pulled herself together or is just keeping a lower profile. 

On 11/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, theredhead77 said:

The bolded part is my point exactaly. Why is Brittany's distracted driving news? Because it's Brittany and every move she makes will once again be scrutinized and discussed to death.  

My original point was hundreds, if not thousands of people speed (myself included) and text while driving (I do not do this, anymore), but it's not news, and shouldn't be news when Brittany, or any celeb, or anyone does it.

I have no problem with it being news.  If it means one fewer person texts while driving, whether they're speeding or not, that's progress.

• Love 8
On 11/24/2021 at 7:24 AM, Blergh said:

The sad thing is that I'm not even sure Miss Haack herself knows WHAT 'the best . .and most authentic 'version of herself because she's been wearing a spinning mask  for so long she may have forgotten what or who she originally was underneath it! Oh, BTW, while her latest pics seem to show her wearing less makeup than usual, not only is not makeup free, she's still not displaying her natural hair color instead of altering it. 

What's a spinning mask?  (I googled it but it didn't help.)

On 11/24/2021 at 7:24 AM, Blergh said:

Oh, BTW, while her latest pics seem to show her wearing less makeup than usual, not only is not makeup free, she's still not displaying her natural hair color instead of altering it. 

Seriously? Wearing makeup and dying your hair has nothing to do with whether or not someone is their authentic self. If anything altering your hair and makeup is a form of self expression. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

What's a spinning mask?  (I googled it but it didn't help.)

Well, googling doesn't always cover slang- especially evolving slang.

FWIW,   I say that Miss Haack has had a 'spinning mask' to attempt to denote her pretending to have a perfect look instead of  revealing her own untouched face and  that she spins her life to others as though she has a perfect life with perfect companions (at the moment) until things can no longer be spun as being perfect. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 2

I always felt sorry for Lindsay Lohan. She's not much older than me (3 years), so I sort of grew up with her, and her parents are basically a masterclass in how to be awful to your famous child star. I'm glad she seems to be in a better place than she was.  

• Love 22
On 11/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, Blergh said:

I've never heard of Miss Lohan's flame Mr. Shammas before

On 11/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, Mabinogia said:

I have no clue who this guy is, 

Apparently he's just a regular, non entertainment industry guy. Why should anyone have heard of him? 

Edited by GaT
because no matter how many times I read before posting, something always gets by
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Well, googling doesn't always cover slang- especially evolving slang.

FWIW,   I say that Miss Haack has had a 'spinning mask' to attempt to denote her pretending to have a perfect look instead of  revealing her own untouched face and  that she spins her life to others as though she has a perfect life with perfect companions (at the moment) until things can no longer be spun as being perfect. 

I only mentioned that I googled it because it bothers me when people ask questions without first trying to find answers themselves.  And if "spinning mask" is a neologism I'm probably not the only one who didn't know what it was supposed to mean.

Edited by Leeds
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I always felt sorry for Lindsay Lohan. She's not much older than me (3 years), so I sort of grew up with her, and her parents are basically a masterclass in how to be awful to your famous child star. I'm glad she seems to be in a better place than she was.  

Same. I'm around her age, and it feels like yesterday Lindsay was a beautiful teen girl with talent and so much potential. It made me sad to see her struggle and what she dealt with. I hope she has good people in her life right now. 

• Love 15

Pickles and Agent,

Congratulations on beating the odds. Truly that's worth celebrating!

However, in Miss Lohan's case, I can't pretend that there ARE no odds for her or any intended suitors to have to deal with. Yes, I hope they somehow overcome said odds re her issues but I also hope she's not expecting Mr. Shammad to do ALL the heavy lifting or this bond could wind up being a major disaster for both of them!  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dani said:

I know she’s been a train wreck but this is such a depressing line of thought. I don’t follow her at all but it seems like she has either pulled herself together or is just keeping a lower profile. 

I am grateful my husband did not consider the rest of my family when he decided to marry me and let me tell you, that goes both ways. 

• Love 18

What Lindsay needs is a solid rock to rebuild her life on.   Hopefully he loves her and not her money.   If he does, they have a chance.   Especially because he does not seem to be in the entertainment business.   She needs to leave all the "stardom" behind and just be Lindsay.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

What Lindsay needs is a solid rock to rebuild her life on.   Hopefully he loves her and not her money.   If he does, they have a chance.   Especially because he does not seem to be in the entertainment business.   She needs to leave all the "stardom" behind and just be Lindsay.  

She really does. I hope he is that for her.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

She has for the most part. I'm not saying she doesn't still have her trainwreck moments, but Dubai seems to be a good place for her.

For those of you with an interest in the Lindsey Lohan story, here's a YouTube essay video on Lindsey Lohan's rise and fall and struggles afterwards:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2