Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Did she at least send thoughts and prayers to him?

One can do that without announcing it publicly.  In fact, Jesus said that was the best way to do it.  Matthew 6:5

• Love 16
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

For all we know she's paying all his medical bills - I'm sure she's smart enough (or has people around her smart enough) to make sure she doesn't come off looking selfish even if it takes a few days to hit the news.

I read on HuffPo the dogwalker is a family friend and the whole family very upset. From that I assume he's being taken care of, even if it's not announced.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was reading some racist Nazi post on Reddit about how the dogwalker deserved to know the truth about black people after being all gungho about Black Lives Matter. Ugh.

Good lord. What the hell is wrong with people? 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The exact quote from the link - 

"The source said the singer "is offering half-a-million dollars to anyone who has her two dogs, no questions asked. Anyone who has the dogs can use this email, KojiandGustav@gmail.com to retrieve the reward."

I'm sure that if someone who doesn't have the dogs but knows who does gives them the info, they'll get the reward. 

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

If Lady Gaga gets her dogs back & they aren’t already microchipped, I would hope that doing that would be the first item on the agenda for either her or an assistant to take care of.

Perhaps, but let's be clear about what's done when a pet is chipped.  It's unpowered. It's RFID. Basically the same tech used for paying tolls remotely while driving under scanners. I think the range of a portable scanner is just a few feet, and the huge ones on tolls is like 100 feet. 

So mainly the chip is there for Veterinary practices and pounds to scan to identify what animals are brought in.  It doesn't "find" any animal otherwise. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

Lady Gaga posted a statement on Instagram. 

My beloved dogs Koji and Gustav were taken in Hollywood two nights ago. My heart is sick and I am praying my family will be whole again with an act of kindness. I will pay $500,000 for their safe return. Email KojiandGustav@gmail.com to contact us. Or, If you bought or found them unknowingly, the reward is the same. I continue to love you Ryan Fischer, you risked your life to fight for our family. You’re forever a hero.

The dogwalker’s family gave a statement to TMZ.

Ryan is receiving extraordinary care in the hospital right now and his doctors expect him to make a full recovery. We cannot possibly say enough to thank all of the first responders, nurses and doctors who have worked so tirelessly to care for Ryan.

Of course, we also want to thank Lady Gaga who has shown nothing but non-stop love and concern for Ryan and our family right from the outset. Ryan loves Gustavo and Koji as much as Lady Gaga does; so we join in her plea for their safe return.

Edited by Guest

Great news about the dog walker (I personally don't like to identify someone), and hope he makes a full recovery.   

To me, the entire robbery looks like a targeted event.    I wonder if there have been similar attacks with dog thefts?   

I'm worried about the dogs though, with the shooting, the perps have to know that they're going to get caught, and the dogs are evidence.   

A lot of good news, the dog walker who was shot in the chest is recovering, and both dogs were returned safely to a police station.    Supposedly, woman who returned the dogs wasn't involved, but how did she end up with the dogs?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lady-gaga-dogs-recovered-safely-following-abduction/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Lady Gaga's Stolen French Bulldogs Returned Unharmed

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ a woman turned the dogs in Friday night to an LAPD station. We're told the dogs were unharmed and have been reunited with Gaga's team. The suspects who shot her dog walker are still on the loose, and no arrests have been made.

I'm so glad the dogs are safe, I was really worried they would be hurt or killed.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 17
On 2/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, ParadoxLost said:

She has literally offered to pay the person who shot her employee $500K

Maybe it is all just a trick to catch the dog napper. To paraphrase a great movie about a giant reward: Whoever returns the dogs are obviously the person who stole them. And they don't deserve any reward.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

Perhaps, but let's be clear about what's done when a pet is chipped.  It's unpowered. It's RFID. Basically the same tech used for paying tolls remotely while driving under scanners. I think the range of a portable scanner is just a few feet, and the huge ones on tolls is like 100 feet. 

So mainly the chip is there for Veterinary practices and pounds to scan to identify what animals are brought in.  It doesn't "find" any animal otherwise. 

There are locators that you can use to track a pet from afar. Someone I used to see when I was with my dog offleash showed me a program she installed on her phone that tracked her dog so she could find him when he’d chase after critters in the woods. That was about a decade ago. Surely there are GPS collars for pets?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Surely there are GPS collars for pets?

Collars sure but anyone who isn’t a moron who steals a dog remove collars and tags as soon as possible. 

I am assuming Lady Gaga has travelled internationally with her dogs which would mean they have been microchipped.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Great new to wake up to. I know the dog walker is getting the best care, but I was worried the dogs will be missing forever. The unknown is the worst because our imagination naturally goes to the worst case scenario.

The show Inside Edition has been reporting bulldog-nappings weeks before it happened to Lady GaGa, so I think they were targeting the dogs and not her. They may not even know the dogs belong to her unless they're really that stupid not to know the publicity it would obviously generate. 

Now that the dogs and dog walker will be ok, I'm glad it happened since it made the news this crime widespread. I've only heard about dog-nappings on Inside Edition before this and that show doesn't have as wide an audience as national/world news.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I wonder if the woman who turned the dogs in was involved in the dog-napping scheme.  

According to the police statement she found the dogs. I’m sure they are looking into her story. She handed the dogs over at a police station so if she’s involved she’s an idiot for putting herself on their radar (or she wants to make a deal).

2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

As I understood it, the reward was $500K and “no questions asked,” so my guess is that the woman who returned the dogs was either in cahoots with the dognappers or knew them, returned the dogs and they split the money.

The police don’t do “no questions asked”. I’m sure there were lots of questions asked. 

If the woman is in on it, I bet she'll either throw the other dog-nappers under the bus (I'm sure the police will offer a deal) or the $500k will go to lawyers. 

If she's not in on it, I hope they find them so dogs are safe from at least one dog-napping ring and nobody else get shot. This walker was "lucky" but what about next time?

• Love 4

Lady Gaga Dogs Found Tied To Pole In Alley... Finder To Get $500,000 Reward

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... they believe the woman who found the dogs is a Good Samaritan who happened upon the dogs and recognized them from all the media attention. We're told the woman saw the email address we posted from Gaga and said she found the dogs, and she was advised to take them to a nearby police station. The dogs are fine.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

I'm wondering if they actually weren't targeting her dogs and it was just a coincidence.   Once the reward and publicity was kicked into high gear, they became too hot to hold onto which is why they were just left.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm wondering if they actually weren't targeting her dogs and it was just a coincidence.   Once the reward and publicity was kicked into high gear, they became too hot to hold onto which is why they were just left.

It’s also extremely possible that once they shot a guy, a crime much more serious than dog napping, especially when committed during a crime like dog napping they decided it was a good idea to just leave the dogs somewhere where it couldn’t be traced back to them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

Interesting. I bet they didn't have any intention of actually shooting someone, they thought that once the walker saw the gun, he would give the dogs up. I bet they were surprised when he defended them. Once they realized the world of trouble they were in, they had to get rid of the dogs. I'm really glad they left them somewhere, killing them & getting rid of their bodies would be easy to do & make it a lot harder to trace the dogs back to them.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GaT said:

Interesting. I bet they didn't have any intention of actually shooting someone, they thought that once the walker saw the gun, he would give the dogs up. I bet they were surprised when he defended them. Once they realized the world of trouble they were in, they had to get rid of the dogs. I'm really glad they left them somewhere, killing them & getting rid of their bodies would be easy to do & make it a lot harder to trace the dogs back to them.

That was my impression watching the video. I think they would have just shot him immediately once he said no if they were actually intending to shoot him. It took him fighting back for them to do it.

Edited by methodwriter85

Interesting. I bet they didn't have any intention of actually shooting someone, they thought that once the walker saw the gun, he would give the dogs up.

If they didn't have the intention of shooting him, they wouldn't have shot him. They could have left without the dogs. 

The fact that they had bullets in the gun meant they at least planned for the possibility of having to shoot somebody.

While it is silly to fight off thieves who want material things (because you don't know their moral code and they just might shoot you), I don't blame the dog walker for fighting back. Dogs are living things and become part of our families. It's not silly to fight off somebody trying to steal your children. While dogs are not children, they are also not handbags. 

I don't know if I could risk my lives for dogs I walked, but Fischer might be quite close to these dogs. He probably also thought nobody would morally bankrupt enough to shoot somebody to steal their dog.

Edited by kili
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, kili said:

If they didn't have the intention of shooting him, they wouldn't have shot him. They could have left without the dogs. 

The fact that they had bullets in the gun meant they at least planned for the possibility of having to shoot somebody.

While it is silly to fight off thieves who want material things (because you don't know their moral code and they just might shoot you), I don't blame the dog walker for fighting back. Dogs are living things and become part of our families. It's not silly to fight off somebody trying to steal your children. While dogs are not children, they are also not handbags. 

I don't know if I could risk my lives for dogs I walked, but this Fischer might be quite close to these dogs. He probably also thought nobody would morally bankrupt enough to shoot somebody to steal their dog.

Does anyone know if the ASPCA hands out any kind of medals for valor because it seems Lady Gaga's dogwalker sure went WAY above and beyond the call of duty to protect those dogs' lives via putting himself at risk for being shot?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Apparently Alec and Hilaria Baldwin have a new baby. Either through adoption or surrogacy because their last kid was born in September.

As if taking care of five kids (the youngest five  months old) has been relaxing as a walk in the park.

Well, as long as everyone's healthy and happy (and none of the offspring inherit his temper or her pretentions), that's all that matters. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Agree but I wonder why that's being brought up now?

BTW, he's the only son of the late movie icon Steve McQueen as well as the father of The Vampire Diaries star Stephen R. McQueen.

I know. It's not like the long feud between William Shatner and George Takei that goes back decades. I was just shocked that the late John Avildsen allowed this division to happen and he didn't mind it all.  It's interesting to know about what went on then and how that was justified as normal behavior. I was just glad Zabka and Macchio made up their friendship after Pat Morita's death.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

And more Alec Baldwin temper tantrums over the announcement of their new child

https://www.eonline.com/news/1243661/alec-baldwin-slams-comments-on-hilarias-baby-post-shut-the-f-k-up-and-mind-your-business

Someone dared asked the question I think most fans are wondering, where did this baby come from, since it a newborn and she just gave birth 6 months ago, and he literally tells her to "shut the f up and mind your own business"

You know if you want your privacy, fine, but these are natural questions fans are going to wonder.  SO I suggest instead of cussing out fans that dare ask a natural question, perhaps

1.  Don't post on social media a very cryptic picture about having a new baby with no details OR 

SO agree with this. I know his wife loves the attention, maybe they could have conferred and agreed on what to post.

And then there is my favorite celebrity who may be engaged but will never, ever post anything about it!

• Love 5

From ParadeAlec and Hilaria Baldwin and Family Welcome Daughter Lucia to Their Brood

This is Alec’s 7th child & 3rd daughter—As we probably all know, he has an adult daughter, Ireland (whom I think is a fashion model), from his first marriage to Oscar winner Kim Basinger. Including Lucia, Alec also has 6 children now—2 girls (the eldest, Carmen, & now the youngest, Lucia) & 4 boys (the children in between the 2 girls—Rafael, Leonardo, Romeo & Eduardo) with his present wife, Hilaria.

As Hilaria delivered Eduardo only 5 months before Lucia arrived, it’s not known (& probably nobody’s business but the Baldwin family’s) whether Lucia arrived via surrogate or adoption. Also not yet known are the baby’s vital statistics—length, weight, etc.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

As Hilaria delivered Eduardo only 5 months before Lucia arrived, it’s not known (& probably nobody’s business but the Baldwin family’s) whether Lucia arrived via surrogate or adoption. 

I think the question is not where did the baby come from, but who in their right mind wants another newborn after having one just 5 months ago, in addition to the 4 other kids under the age of 8 you already have. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18