Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I'm guessing Sharon took a whole ton of heat for defending Piers

Sharon Osbourne apologizes for supporting Piers Morgan in Meghan row

In a statement shared to social media on Friday, Osbourne apologized for her outburst on "The Talk," saying she "panicked, felt blindsided, got defensive" during her exchange with Underwood.

"After some reflection, after sitting with your comments & sitting with my heart I would like to address the discussion on The Talk this past Wednesday. I have always been embraced with so much love & support from the black community & I have deep respect & love for the black community."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This isn't the first time Sharon has stuck her foot in her mouth on that show - but they no longer are getting the ratings they once did, so it may be the final nail in the coffin. As for J-Lo, her relationship with A-Rod has always reminded me of her relationship with Ben Affleck - and now it has ended the same way. I wasn't surprised at all.

• Love 10

And of course, Piers Morgan has to add his two cents...

Piers Morgan says Sharon Osbourne Bullied into Apologizing for Defending Him

Piers, however, is adamant Sharon herself got bullied into posting that apology, and stood up for himself ... insisting that just because he "doesn't believe Meghan Markle's bulls**t" ... that doesn't make him a racist.

He added, "I demand an apology from those @TheTalkCBS bullies for their disgraceful slurs against ME."

sigh

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I'm having trouble remembering three husbands. There was Marc Anthony, Chris something, who's the third? 

Chris Judd and Ojani Noa were the other two besides Marc.  Everybody is saying that they are not surprised about her breakup this time, but I was.  Jennifer has looked the other way on Alex’s supposed cheating for so long (as someone said, the rumors have been around for as long as they have been together), I was surprised that the breaking point was now.

I just plain like J. Lo for some reason, and she deserves better than for her fiancé to be trolling reality stars’ social media for hookups, so good for her.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, GaT said:

That's a shame, it seemed like they were each pretty intertwined with each other's kids, so that's going to be a problem.

I'm not sure about that. I think  Mr. Rodriguez's ex Cynthia has shared if not primary custody of their daughters  and Miss Lopez's 3rd ex Mr. Anthony has frequent visitation with their  own respective son and daughter. 

In any case, there's no reason (besides parental egos) that Mr. Rodriguez's and Miss Lopez's children shouldn't be able to stay in touch with each other - if that's what they want. 

• Love 6

Though given that one of those years was a pandemic year so I don’t know if that works in this case but yes there have been rumors of infidelity on his part their entire relationship. Most recently with someone from Southern Charm.

Yeah, I'm not surprised because of the recent story but after it died down, I thought they were going to push through and still get married.

• Love 2

One of the presenters at the César Awards ceremony, Corinne Masiero, staged a naked protest. She was presenting the award for best costumes.

Um... okay. Like, I get it. This is the industry you work in. But is this the most sympathetic cause that necessitates a dramatic protest? Err...

• Love 4
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Um... okay. Like, I get it. This is the industry you work in. But is this the most sympathetic cause that necessitates a dramatic protest? Err...

The photos made it look like it was some anti-fur thing, with her in a blood-covered donkey costume. Not sure how that relates to movie theaters being closed... And sorry, but hundreds of people crammed together in one room is not what we should have right now. I’m not really feeling her cause here.

• Love 8

Sharon Osbourne (and her odious friend) sound like Dr. Chumley in Harvey; longing for someone to listen to their woes while stroking their hand and soothingly repeating: "Poor thing.  Poor thing." 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2021 at 7:32 AM, Peace 47 said:

Jennifer has looked the other way on Alex’s supposed cheating for so long (as someone said, the rumors have been around for as long as they have been together), I was surprised that the breaking point was now.

I just plain like J. Lo for some reason, and she deserves better than for her fiancé to be trolling reality stars’ social media for hookups, so good for her.

Been there, done that. Even though they are 2 rich & beautiful people, they are still human and emotions and connections cause us to put up with many things that other people may shake their heads at. I'm glad they are separating now instead of going through with a sham marriage just to appease the masses or their egos. 

• Love 8
On 2/9/2021 at 8:17 AM, Shannon L. said:

She must like it because here she is with a make over:

james-charles-gave-jojo-siwa-an-understa

gRRa1FojJ9ccrcUMnfZLc1ZGFd8qSpQzFd5sRgeT

NINTCHDBPICT000603341751.png

She kinda looks like Adele. She's pretty. better than the high pony tail to the side

• Love 8

Surprising no one, Sharon Osbourne has reportedly been calling other hosts of The Talk by offensive slurs.

Journalist Yashar Ali reported Tuesday that Osbourne has a long record of insulting the race and sexual orientation of former “Talk” co-hosts like Julie Chen and Sara Gilbert.

Ali said multiple sources, including former co-host [Leah] Remini, said Osbourne referred to Chen, who is Chinese American, as  “wonton” and “slanty eyes,” and to Gilbert, who is lesbian, as “pussy licker” and “fish eater.”

Please remove this vile 'person' from the airwaves permanently.

Edited by Vermicious Knid
wrong show
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Surprising no one, Sharon Osbourne has reportedly been calling other hosts of The View by offensive slurs.

Please remove this vile 'person' from the airwaves permanently.

How was Mrs. Osbourne able to stay on the show if she called even the ones who created and hosted the show such nasty terms (not that I ever was a fan of Miss Chen but even she didn't deserve such a vile slur   )? I wish I could say I'm surprised or shocked but she's always come across as a bullying, spiteful person who considers she's entitled to bulldoze others on a one-way street- and no surprise that she started her 'defense' of Mr. Morgan declaring him as her friend!  Buzzards of a feather. 

If they decide to permanently pull the plug on this show, I won't be entirely upset (although I'd hate to think  that others would become unemployed as a result). 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

Tina Turner (how on earth is she 81?!?) has made a documentary about her life. 

She is an incredibly talented woman, but her life has been the opposite of easy.

She's a legend. Without Tina, they would have been no Beyoncé, no Lady Gaga, no Cardi B, no Megan Thee Stallion, no J-Lo, and all the rest of the copycats that try emulate the legend herself. She did it all before them and I am glad there's a documentary out. She deserves it. I still have that old Beyond Thunderdome poster tucked in my closet, plus a CD of her Greatest Hits. Yes, my parents got me hooked quite a long time ago.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 23

How did Sharon Osbourne even get a talk show?   It's not like this is her first tv show.    I highly doubt she suddenly started saying these vile things on THIS show and had never shown signs of things like this before.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

How did Sharon Osbourne even get a talk show?   It's not like this is her first tv show.    I highly doubt she suddenly started saying these vile things on THIS show and had never shown signs of things like this before.

Because that’s how recently this kind of behavior was tolerated without consequences. Hell, she hasn’t been fired yet so who knows if there will be any consequences now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Blergh said:

How was Mrs. Osbourne able to stay on the show if she called even the ones who created and hosted the show such nasty terms (not that I ever was a fan of Miss Chen but even she didn't deserve such a vile slur   )? 

Julie Chen Moonves is a shady character herself, but for totally different reasons. 

I think at the end of the day, the evidence suggests that Sharon got away with a lot, because ultimately TV production is about results.  Julie's power wasn't an opposing force here, because ultimately it was strongly in her best interest to bite her tongue. Is it wrong she had to?  Sure.  But I wouldn't discount the possibility that Julie might have been complicit in shutting down consequences to Sharon from her actions to other people at the same time, because Julie was a company woman, because... her husband ran the damn company. 

In other words, Sharon stayed because overall the audience loved her. Loved the impression of her being outspoken.  Loved the quaint aspects of her being British, but also associated with the rebellious aspects of Heavy Metal music.  And undeniably, you can't beat Sharon's level of recognizabiliry and built in fan love from The Osbournes, reality show judging, being by Kelly's side in most of her endeavours, etc. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

You're right, it's The Talk. They just blur together. I've fixed it.

And now for something completely superficial: Billie Eilish is a blonde. The horror. But it actually looks pretty good.

My recollection is that she started out that way (a less bleached version, I mean). 

12 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Mrs. O just can't keep quiet. Every time she defends herself, she just makes things worse!!

https://people.com/tv/sharon-osbourne-repeats-racial-slur-in-new-denial-racism-allegations-the-talk-mount/

Sharon Osbourne hasn't changed nor does she want to learn.  Sharon just wants enough POC voices to say "All is forgiven" to keep her television gig and be racist in peace.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Kromm said:

Julie Chen Moonves is a shady character herself, but for totally different reasons. 

I think at the end of the day, the evidence suggests that Sharon got away with a lot, because ultimately TV production is about results.  Julie's power wasn't an opposing force here, because ultimately it was strongly in her best interest to bite her tongue. Is it wrong she had to?  Sure.  But I wouldn't discount the possibility that Julie might have been complicit in shutting down consequences to Sharon from her actions to other people at the same time, because Julie was a company woman, because... her husband ran the damn company. 

In other words, Sharon stayed because overall the audience loved her. Loved the impression of her being outspoken.  Loved the quaint aspects of her being British, but also associated with the rebellious aspects of Heavy Metal music.  And undeniably, you can't beat Sharon's level of recognizabiliry and built in fan love from The Osbournes, reality show judging, being by Kelly's side in most of her endeavours, etc. 

Thank you for this possible explanation!

IOW, as long as this human stinkbomb attracted ratings, they were willing to overlook Mrs. Osbourne's odious stench even when she lobbed insults in their direction.  Well, they sure reaped what they sowed. 

Do you think it's possible that Miss Gilbert (the show's creator) may have tried to see if they could dump her like last week's shrimp salad- only to be told by Miss Chen,etc. that even the most vile insults lobbed in their directions didn't matter as long as Mrs. Osbourne's presence gave them good ratings?

BTW, I never bought the Kool-Aid that this female DNA Donor who let her minor offspring venture to nightclubs with the cameras rolling (despite the fact that even then it was illegal for folks under 18 to ENTER said nightclubs) and made zero attempts to spare them from her and spouse's worst excesses &shadowside  was anything remotely resembling 'a typical and wholesome'  parent. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Blergh said:

IOW, as long as this human stinkbomb attracted ratings, they were willing to overlook Mrs. Osbourne's odious stench even when she lobbed insults in their direction.  Well, they sure reaped what they sowed. 

But were viewers tuning in for Sharon? I have never watched the Talk but I followed the comings and goings. I also never watched the Osbournes but I knew enough  about Sharon to think she isn't a nice person.   If she keeps her job after this something is seriously wrong with CBS. Which wouldn't surprise considering how long Les Moonves kept his job.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

But were viewers tuning in for Sharon? I have never watched the Talk but I followed the comings and goings. I also never watched the Osbournes but I knew enough  about Sharon to think she isn't a nice person.   If she keeps her job after this something is seriously wrong with CBS. Which wouldn't surprise considering how long Les Moonves kept his job.

Good question!

At the very least, it seems that that show's viewers were willing to tolerate Mrs. Osbourne's presence on the show while watching others they considered worthy and likable folks instead of either surfing to other programs and/or urging the show's powers that be to dump her!  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Blergh said:

At the very least, it seems that that show's viewers were willing to tolerate Mrs. Osbourne's presence on the show while watching others they considered worthy and likable folks instead of either surfing to other programs and/or urging the show's powers that be to dump her!  

I watch the View and I have used that rationale for continuing to watch even though Meghan McCain continues to be a co host.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5