Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

This is an experience related from 1983.  If it was evidence that Hollywood hasn't evolved yet then I would assume she'd have given examples from somewhere in the thirty eight years since she filmed it.   

I'm not saying that it wasn't wrong or that Hollywood has evolved, really.  I just don't see how this in particular is further evidence that Hollywood still hasn't evolved.

I think you are right. Sorry to get angry at this.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I didn't know who she was, don't watch inaugurations, but as soon as I read "looked suspicious" I knew it was some racist asshole thinking no black woman could afford to live in whatever neighborhood it was. I hate people sometimes. I really, really do.

It's a shame you missed it because it's the content of the poem that makes the situation so ironic and even more egregious.  I tried to find a 'non controversial' source of the poem (i.e. not a news source) and this is the best I could do.

"The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman

• Love 8

She is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Every time I think I'm not priviledged I remember that I can walk down a street without being suspected of something, or worse, shot by some fool who thinks they have the right to "protect their land", that if I'm pulled over, I don't have to be afraid of making a sudden move that will get me killed, that if I'm browsing in a store I won't be followed by security. Land of the free clearly only applies to some and it breaks my heart. 

It really is heartbreaking. For years I thought I understood this point but the last few weeks have been eye opening. With the recent attacks on Asians, for the first time I have begun to really worry about walking down the street because of my race. I have been given a minuscule taste of that fear and it has completely altered by understanding. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

It's a shame you missed it because it's the content of the poem that makes the situation so ironic and even more egregious.  I tried to find a 'non controversial' source of the poem (i.e. not a news source) and this is the best I could do.

I agree. My dad and I aren't really into poetry but we both loved her poem and thought she did an amazing job.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, cynicat said:

Thank you for that. It was beautiful and very moving. The world needs more of her and less of security guards who follow people around because they "look suspicious" though they are doing nothing even remotely suspicious.

• Love 13
(edited)

Steven Spielberg and the Duffer brothers teaming up to adapt Stephen King's The Talisman for TV

That looks interesting. 

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Thank you for that. It was beautiful and very moving. The world needs more of her and less of security guards who follow people around because they "look suspicious" though they are doing nothing even remotely suspicious.

I know. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Couldn't he just...follow Patton Oswalt?

Well that’s something that Patton would be aware of, it literally takes one click to determine if someone follows you.

• Useful 6
28 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I don't really understand mocking Baio for searching for his name in the first place. Couldn't he just...follow Patton Oswalt? It's not like it was an old tweet he had to dig around for.

I think the joke is that SB actually does searches on his own name in posts where he is not specifically tagged where it would not necessarily come up on his feed.  I believe he has a rep for going after just generic people with fairly modest follower counts (comparative to celebrities) who mention him in tweets.  And by that standard the only way he'd know they mentioned him is if he put his own name in the search.  Which if you are a celebrity is not the wisest thing to do otherwise you are doing your own personal version of 'Mean Tweets' only without someone like Jimmy Kimmel going through and curating the funnier ones.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, AstaCharles said:

I hope the Duffer brothers do a better job than the Stand remake.

I hope the Duffer brothers do a better job than the Stand remake.

That statement was legitimately worth repeating. 

If you say it 3 times does that make it happen?  Like Beetlejuice?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I think the joke is that SB actually does searches on his own name in posts where he is not specifically tagged where it would not necessarily come up on his feed.  I believe he has a rep for going after just generic people with fairly modest follower counts (comparative to celebrities) who mention him in tweets.  And by that standard the only way he'd know they mentioned him is if he put his own name in the search.  Which if you are a celebrity is not the wisest thing to do otherwise you are doing your own personal version of 'Mean Tweets' only without someone like Jimmy Kimmel going through and curating the funnier ones.

That's a good analysis there. Never thought about that.

• Love 3

Piers was also gross this morning commenting on a female host’s(? Not sure her job) dress. He kept on about it being a miniskirt even after she said it was a dress. He told her to stand up and show everyone. You could tell she was not happy about it. I would’ve fired him for that too. It was sexual harassment or at least extremely inappropriate behavior right on camera 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I love he he just so very elegantly said 'Dude, she curved you as was her right. Get over it."  LOL

That's the biggest problem.   Morgan will NEVER see that someone has the right to ... just not want to be around him.   He is so white male privileged that he literally CANNOT see that.   So anyone who does exercise that right must be a terrible horrible person who clearly is just out for themselves (project much???)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

That's the biggest problem.   Morgan will NEVER see that someone has the right to ... just not want to be around him.   He is so white male privileged that he literally CANNOT see that.   So anyone who does exercise that right must be a terrible horrible person who clearly is just out for themselves (project much???)

This was posted elsewhere by another board member. I won't say it totally sums up Piers, because it mostly just shows his sexism and leaves out his racism, nativism, etc., but it's a good, really quick view into how nightmarish it must be to be NEAR him. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
On 3/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, Stuffy said:

Piers was also gross this morning commenting on a female host’s(? Not sure her job) dress. He kept on about it being a miniskirt even after she said it was a dress. He told her to stand up and show everyone.

That is NOT acceptable. No No No !

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

That is NOT acceptable. No No No !

Here it is:

To be fair, she seems to have displayed it herself. Unless him demanding is cut from this clip. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Here it is:

To be fair, she seems to have displayed it herself. Unless him demanding is cut from this clip. 

They did cut out the beginning but him telling her to stand up is in that clip. 

“Up you go. Up you go.” Like he’s talking to a toddler. 

Edited by Guest
8 minutes ago, Dani said:

Yeah that’s the version that I saw. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dani said:

Ah. I rarely have accent interpretation problems, so maybe it's just how fast he's speaking there. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Enero said:

Is anyone surprised? Weren’t there rumors of infidelity on his part when the engagement was first announced? My thought has always been that if a celebrity couple are engaged for more than a year, the wedding ain’t happening. 

Though given that one of those years was a pandemic year so I don’t know if that works in this case but yes there have been rumors of infidelity on his part their entire relationship. Most recently with someone from Southern Charm.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Though given that one of those years was a pandemic year so I don’t know if that works in this case but yes there have been rumors of infidelity on his part their entire relationship. Most recently with someone from Southern Charm.

Didn't Madison confirm ARod DMing her? Not that she's the most reliable narrator, but naming him of all people really comes out of left field for her.

• Love 3
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Didn't Madison confirm ARod DMing her? Not that she's the most reliable narrator, but naming him of all people really comes out of left field for her.

Yes she confirmed it (he also liked several of her IG photos and followed her) though she said they had never slept together which was the original rumor. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Eh. I think it still applies. I personally know couples who were planning really nice weddings that were due to happen last year. They cancelled the weddings due to the pandemic but still managed to get married. My point, if they wanted to get married they would have, despite the pandemic. They could’ve had a preacher or JOTP perform the ceremony then do the BIG wedding with all their celebrity guests later. Trouble in paradise was likely more so the culprit facilitating the postponements rather than the pandemic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Enero said:

year. They cancelled the weddings due to the pandemic but still managed to get marrie

Sure many people did get married but I also have a ton of friends who are waiting which is also extremely common. 

• Love 12

Ah.  Not really a shock.  I think J Lo gets validation from being in a "power couple" situation and that can make her overlook her partner's infidelities or drawbacks.  I think that hoopla has started to die down and the reality of being with someone like him (again) was starting to sink in.

I guess the huge Valentine's Day bouquet of roses (both the size of the bouquet and the Instagram performance of showing it off) were a sign that something was probably off there and an attempt to recapture the glorious attention of the early days.

Yes, the pandemic might have delayed a lot of weddings, even celeb weddings, but I'm not convinced the pandemic would have stopped J Lo or A -Rod if they really wanted it.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8