Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

If she keeps her job after this something is seriously wrong with CBS.

She won't.  I'll wager my almost paid in full home.

Also - "That same week, Holly Robinson Peete, who exited the daytime talk show in 2011 following its first season, claimed that Osbourne had complained she was "too 'ghetto,'"  and alleged that it played a role in her departure."  Yeah, because nothing says "ghetto", like Holly Robinson Peete, lol.  <extreme eye roll>

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

But were viewers tuning in for Sharon? 

I've watched the show regularly for about 5 years. wasn't tuning in for her. I enjoyed the other hosts, liked their Hot Topics, and they've always had interesting guests. They've had interesting shows like announcing the Daytime Emmy nominations and the after-Daytime Emmy show where they interview some of the winners. I would hate to have them cancel the show altogether because of "Mrs. O".

Plus, a lot of their drop in ratings can be attributed to the CBS affiliates preempting the show due to (important) coverage of COVID-19. My state's governor has 2-3 press conferences a week (as opposed to every day the first couple of months into the pandemic) in the show's timeslot. Hopefully, when those eventually come to an end and a new co-host is in place, ratings will go up again.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 5

I don't know how many of you remember the circumstances of when Sharon O departed NBC? First she said she was quitting over money, then she said it was because of their treatment of her son. Jack was supposed to be on a show that was basically Boot Camp with the Stars and then he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. NBC, and I'm on their side with this, decided this would not be a good idea. Whether they were afraid he would be hurt, or the liability, or it's very possible their insurance company refused to cover him, Jack and Sharon screamed discrimination.

NBC Entertainment President Bob Greenblatt said in a statement that “We hold medical information in strict confidence and therefore cannot comment specifically about Jack, but as a company that cares deeply about the health and safety of everyone on our shows — especially one like Stars Earn Stripes that requires dangerous water stunts, strenuous physical activity, and uses live ammunition — we required all potential participants to undergo medical vetting to ensure that they could safely participate.” He added that they did “offer him two substantial alternative roles on the show, both of which he declined.” Greenblatt’s statement also said, “This network does not discriminate on any basis.”

Earlier, the show’s executive producer, David A. Hurwitz, basically acknowledged that Jack’s medical condition was to blame, but says Jack was never cast and then fired. He told TV critics on July 24 that “because of the strains and the rigors of not only the show and but also our intense shooting schedule, it was best not to go with him at this time.” Hurwitz added that Jack “did not get penciled into the final lineup. Prior to us making our decision, it was found out that the rigors of the show were too intense for him.”

He had an opportunity to continue with the show but not on the challenges and turned it down. So my impression is they seemed to be more concerned about his facetime on a reality show than his health.

• Useful 5
17 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I watch the View and I have used that rationale for continuing to watch even though Meghan McCain continues to be a co host.

Yeah, but I'll take Meghan over Sharon any day of the week. Sharon is out & out nasty, racist and vindictive...among other things, and has been for a very long time. I also believe SO is that way in her everyday life. At least Meghan's political opinions can be ignored or fast-forwarded.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Yeah, but I'll take Meghan over Sharon any day of the week. Sharon is out & out nasty, racist and vindictive...among other things, and has been for a very long time. I also believe SO is that way in her everyday life. At least Meghan's political opinions can be ignored or fast-forwarded.

I think for most of us who can't stand Meghan, it's not about her political opinions but the way she talks to people. I think Sharon has it in her to be meaner than Meghan. I totally see where you're coming from, but her day to day, I find her easier to tolerate than Meghan. Does that make sense? It's like that person who maybe isn't as kindhearted but has a better temperament can be easier to be around. Meghan usually can't make it through one episode without being rude to someone. Even though Sharon has her aggressive side, she does often make it through shows perfectly pleasant. I also think that even if Meghan doesn't say blatantly racist things, she is far from an antiracist. She values patriotism and tribalism much more than antiracism and often echos things racists scream. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

While I personally don't think Mr. Bieber is  remotely close to being worthy of the late Dr. King's memory, it seems the latter's surviving daughter Reverend Bernice King believes  that this contemporary performer's acknowledging her late father can help the causes her late father believed in (and, I suppose, may have earlier greenlighted Mr. Bieber's usage of the quote -or at least has not attempted to stop it and Dr. King's heirs have not been shy about safeguarding usage in the past). The bottom line is that it's Dr. King's survivors' call  and not anyone else's   who should quote the slain minister's words and we need to respect that even if we personally might not have wanted certain folks to have done so. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think for most of us who can't stand Meghan, it's not about her political opinions but the way she talks to people. I think Sharon has it in her to be meaner than Meghan. I totally see where you're coming from, but her day to day, I find her easier to tolerate than Meghan. Does that make sense? It's like that person who maybe isn't as kindhearted but has a better temperament can be easier to be around. Meghan usually can't make it through one episode without being rude to someone. Even though Sharon has her aggressive side, she does often make it through shows perfectly pleasant. I also think that even if Meghan doesn't say blatantly racist things, she is far from an antiracist. She values patriotism and tribalism much more than antiracism and often echos things racists scream. 

I get what you're saying, RH...but that's what scares me about SO. While Meghan is rude, at least you know where you stand with her because she'll tell you to your face. Whereas with Sharon, she'll smile in face...and then when you're not looking, she'll stab you in the back and twist the knife a couple of times just to make sure you're dead.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, MsTree said:

I get what you're saying, RH...but that's what scares me about SO. While Meghan is rude, at least you know where you stand with her because she'll tell you to your face. Whereas with Sharon, she'll smile in face...and then when you're not looking, she'll stab you in the back and twist the knife a couple of times just to make sure you're dead.

Not to mention, that Miss McCain does not appear to revel in her grossness while expecting others to find it adorable which Mrs. Osbourne does. While Miss McCain is slightly more tolerable (which is somewhat like saying Siberia is slightly warmer than Antarctica), I have no use for either of them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

While I personally don't think Mr. Bieber is  remotely close to being worthy of the late Dr. King's memory, it seems the latter's surviving daughter Reverend Bernice King believes  that this contemporary performer's acknowledging her late father can help the causes her late father believed in (and, I suppose, may have earlier greenlighted Mr. Bieber's usage of the quote -or at least has not attempted to stop it and Dr. King's heirs have not been shy about safeguarding usage in the past). The bottom line is that it's Dr. King's survivors' call  and not anyone else's   who should quote the slain minister's words and we need to respect that even if we personally might not have wanted certain folks to have done so. 

I think Dr. King's children lost all credibility about trying to protect their father's legacy when they allowed Chrysler to use a MLK speech as a voiceover for a Dodge truck Super Bowl ad.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Dr. King's children lost all credibility about trying to protect their father's legacy when they allowed Chrysler to use a MLK speech as a voiceover for a Dodge truck Super Bowl ad.

While I personally agree that that was not the best usage of Dr. King's legacy, his children DO have the legal right to permit the usage of it in any way they see fit regardless of others' personal POVs and we have to accept if not like that fact! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

we have to accept if not like that fact! 

Accepting they have the legal right doesn’t mean they can’t be criticized for the choices they make. The main criticism of the Bieber usage is that the passages don’t fit with the songs and the message of them. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Blergh said:

Not to mention, that Miss McCain does not appear to revel in her grossness while expecting others to find it adorable which Mrs. Osbourne does. While Miss McCain is slightly more tolerable (which is somewhat like saying Siberia is slightly warmer than Antarctica), I have no use for either of them. 

Also with McCain - she gets serious, constant pushback on the show from the other women on the panel.  Especially Whoopie.  

713138262_Whoopieaa.jpg.4a4b35a2b22980b144b413af9ec2d2b4.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

Also with McCain - she gets serious, constant pushback on the show from the other women on the panel.  Especially Whoopie.  

No she doesn’t. They all let her get away with the rudeness, nastiness and unprofessional behavior. They don’t call her out or correct when she’s lying or spreading disinformation.

• Love 19

I have always had a bad vibe about Jennifer Lopez.  I recall seeing an Oprah interview after her marriage to Cris where she deflected the P Diddy (he might have been Puff Daddy back then) nightclub arrest scandal by talking about her whirlwind marriage and saying she really preferred to stay home in the evening and knit.  Oprah was visibly incredulous.  I then read an interview with her right around the time of Bennifer in which she explained her first marriage in the context of being criticized during Selena for not speaking Spanish fluently and she quickly married someone whose primary language was Spanish.  She has just always struck me as a user of the worst kind, and I hope she and A Rod stay together because they shouldn’t be inflicting themselves on anyone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Have we been watching the same show?  Whoopi is a crap moderator and doesnt do nearly enough to limit MeAgain Mccain. 

The main pushback is Joy, although the other two in the cast go through phases where they're fed up with her and have a go at her. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No she doesn’t. They all let her get away with the rudeness, nastiness and unprofessional behavior. They don’t call her out or correct when she’s lying or spreading disinformation.

2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Have we been watching the same show?  Whoopi is a crap moderator and doesnt do nearly enough to limit MeAgain Mccain. 

The main pushback is Joy, although the other two in the cast go through phases where they're fed up with her and have a go at her. 

I have to agree with you two as well. Meghan’s rudeness and misinformation are usually ignored. I think because she usually can’t make it through an episode without being rude, the other women don’t feel up to constantly pushing her back. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, GaT said:

On one hand, that kid is a head case. There's really something, a LOT of somethings, wrong with her.  Maybe at 18 now some of her behaviours just seem unfortunate, but I recall that she was acting like this (hypersexualized, and just really trashy) at 14.

On the other hand, Dr. Phil is a dangerous quack.  I wouldn't want him treating anyone I actually cared about (or send them to any other place he recommended). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I usually roll my eyes at the word "cancel" because it's overused but this need to happen to "Dr" Phil. There have been complaints about him for years yet he still has a show pretending to help.

I agree- and no matter which side one is one re the Brittney Spears issue, it's a virtual certainty that that individual's involvement in one of her lowest episodes just wound up making things worse (same with Shelley Duvall). AFAIC, he's the Gloria Allred of therapy! 

Poor Miss Bhabie for having gone through that at such a vulnerable and impressionable age (and I hope she can make her peace and find her way to have a stable and productive adulthood despite that horrible setback). 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kromm said:

On one hand, that kid is a head case. There's really something, a LOT of somethings, wrong with her.  Maybe at 18 now some of her behaviours just seem unfortunate, but I recall that she was acting like this (hypersexualized, and just really trashy) at 14.

She spoke out in support of another girl who is suing the Ranch. Her behavior at 14 just makes me concerned for her because that it often an indicator of abuse. 

16 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I have always had a bad vibe about Jennifer Lopez.  I recall seeing an Oprah interview after her marriage to Cris where she deflected the P Diddy (he might have been Puff Daddy back then) nightclub arrest scandal by talking about her whirlwind marriage and saying she really preferred to stay home in the evening and knit.  Oprah was visibly incredulous.  I then read an interview with her right around the time of Bennifer in which she explained her first marriage in the context of being criticized during Selena for not speaking Spanish fluently and she quickly married someone whose primary language was Spanish.  She has just always struck me as a user of the worst kind, and I hope she and A Rod stay together because they shouldn’t be inflicting themselves on anyone else.

I recall how I laughed when Lopez feigned ignorance when asked about her infamous, revealing green gown....I think it was with Oprah.  She insisted it was just a dress and she had no idea it would turn heads...lol.  Right.  So, silly.  I found her denial insulting.  
https://www.biography.com/news/jennifer-lopez-green-versace-dress

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recall how I laughed when Lopez feigned ignorance when asked about her infamous, revealing green gown....I think it was with Oprah.  She insisted it was just a dress and she had no idea it would turn heads...lol.  Right.  So, silly.  I found her denial insulting.  

JLo annoys me so much with stuff like this. She also pretended she was really shy doing Hustlers. Girl, your breasts are usually falling out of your dresses and you have your ass hanging out in many of your performances too. Spare us the bashful girl act. Wasn't there some Hollywood thing with a bunch of actresses and JLo said she was shy doing the movie and other actresses are trying not to LOL? lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Besides, she's past 50 now and has kids old enough to use (and read) social media. It's not cute or sexy anymore (if it ever was, YMMV). Jen's not the only one who is this age and needs to dress like it. *coughMARIAHCAREYcough*

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Besides, she's past 50 now and has kids old enough to use (and read) social media. It's not cute or sexy anymore (if it ever was, YMMV). Jen's not the only one who is this age and needs to dress like it. *coughMARIAHCAREYcough*

I'm honestly all for women feeling sexy at any age, and J.Lo and Mariah both look fabulous. But I definitely think there's a difference being tastefully sexy when appropriate and feeling the need to constantly have your bits out. J.Lo was too provocative for my tastes at the Super Bowl too. It's a family event, can't you give it a rest for one day? I promise J.Lo, you won't lose your sex appeal over night. At the rate you're going, you'll be hot even when you're elderly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

People should dress in what makes them feel good and not something based on their age. 

I'm not saying that she needs to wear caftans and muumuus from now on. To me, being past 50 and dressing scantily in public just seems like being desperate (for youth, attention, whatever). Again, YMMV.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I mean the green dress wasn’t dissimilar to other things she had worn and wasn’t even that talked about off the stage it was all about the lighting on the stage. And the absolute frenzy over it was so crazy over the top I can’t imagine anyone predicted the reaction. 

People should dress in what makes them feel good and not something based on their age. 

I don't think J.Lo was quite as big a star then, and a lot of us hadn't seen her dressed like that. I don't know if other people who were at the show dressed like that either. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't think J.Lo was quite as big a star then, and a lot of us hadn't seen her dressed like that. I don't know if other people who were at the show dressed like that either. 

I was responding to the suggestion that she had to know the stir it was going to cause and she was being disingenuous to say she didn’t. The fact that some people weren’t aware of her doesn’t mean she had to know the dress would cause a reaction. And certainly no would have predicted that think pieces would be written about it 20 years later. She also acknowledges that the dress ended up increasing her level of fame.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I still think that if Selena hadn't been murdered (R.I.P.) there would have been no "J-Lo."  I remember when Selena first came on the scene in the U.S. and not only was she an excellent singer, she had a great body (in particular, her rear end).  I think non-singing Jennifer Lopez got the role because her body resembled Selena's.  Then she shows up in that Versace dress with Diddy...

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Then she shows up in that Versace dress with Diddy...

It was three years after the movie came out and she was in the middle of filming The Wedding Planner and was at nominated for a Grammy that night so was more than a plus one. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
Just now, biakbiak said:

It was three years after the movie came out and she was in the middle of filming The Wedding Planner. 

I know when it was, 2000.  Selena came out in 1997.  I was just referring to that green dress, which had nothing to do with her filming another movie.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I was responding to the suggestion that she had to know the stir it was going to cause and she was being disingenuous to she didn’t. The fact that some people weren’t aware of her doesn’t mean she had to know the dress would cause a reaction. And certainly no would have predicted that think pieces would be written about it 20 years later. She also acknowledges that the dress ended up increasing her level of fame.

I can see her being surprised people would talk about it decades later, but agree to disagree about her thinking it was just a gorgeous dress. I was aware of Jennifer myself, had seen her many times, and never saw her in anything that was as risqué up to that point. Neither had most people, so I would imagine she'd know most people hadn't seen her dressed like that. Now if you were a huge fan of hers, maybe you had, IDK. It was also a different time, so she would stand out more regardless of her typical attire. I know her dress wouldn't be considered as big a deal now. As I mentioned in another post, it's not the only time I've found her disingenuous, so that plays a part in my opinion as well. To each his own. 

• Love 4

I admit J. Lo is really high on my celebrity dislike list.  For me it is the fact that she seems to be a poster child for outsize success for mundane mediocrity. She's pretty, I guess.  But she is only a passable singer and a passable actress.  And there is a such a user vibe about her.  It also feel like she will utilize the hip hop/rap/black community to help catapult her to success or to establish her bona-fides when she needs to but will jump away with a quickness if her proximity to blackness and black culture is perceived as too close and not useful for her at that time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I admit J. Lo is really high on my celebrity dislike list. 

Me too. I just think her saying she didn’t know it would cause a stir isn’t weird. I mean she didn’t design it, hell she didn’t even ask for it, she tried on a few dresses that her stylist picked out and it was one. 

• Love 8

A year or so after that, she wore a see-through dress to the Oscars. She was a presenter. Apparently, the dress was so transparent in front that the cameras could only show her face. If she didn't know what was going to happen before she put on the infamous Versace dress (and my reaction is about the same as @RealHousewife and @Crashcourse), she had to have known by that time. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

https://www.biography.com/news/jennifer-lopez-green-versace-dress

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I mean the green dress wasn’t dissimilar to other things she had worn and wasn’t even that talked about off the stage it was all about the lighting on the stage. And the absolute frenzy over it was so crazy over the top I can’t imagine anyone predicted the reaction. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I was responding to the suggestion that she had to know the stir it was going to cause and she was being disingenuous to say she didn’t.

55 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I can see her being surprised people would talk about it decades later, but agree to disagree about her thinking it was just a gorgeous dress.

31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh, she knew exactly what she was going for wearing that dress.  

That dress was actually worn by 3 other women before J Lo wore it.  Amber Valletta on the runway, Donatella Versace at a gala at the Met, & Geri Halliwell at an awards show in France. Since the spice girls were still pretty famous when Geri wore the dress, she should have gotten at least the amount of fame for wearing it as J Lo later did, but she didn't. In fact, I've never understood why J Lo would pick a dress that had already been seen at other events. Given the reaction to the other times the dress was worn, I don't think she could have known how big the whole thing would become. I think it was just a combination of the dress & the person wearing it that struck people as memorable.

• Useful 8
  • Love 7

I went back and looked up the year she presented at the Oscars where they could only show her face - it was 2001. I don't know what the guidelines are here about posting photos that may be considered daring, so just do a Google image search. Anyway, that was the same Oscars show that featured Bjork and her swan dress, so maybe that's why this particular J. Lo gown is not so memorable. 🤣😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

It also feel like she will utilize the hip hop/rap/black community to help catapult her to success or to establish her bona-fides when she needs to but will jump away with a quickness if her proximity to blackness and black culture is perceived as too close and not useful for her at that time.

Which seems like exactly what happened.  She left first marriage to unknown (but Spanish speaking, which she kept pointing out during the Selena critique) man and started dating P Diddy, but dumped him very quickly after the nightclub scandal.  She marries one of her back up dancers in a rush and makes her Oprah interview like she was the most innocent innocent who ever lived.  Then she dumped him for Ben Affleck, whose star was rising at that point.  User vibes indeed.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GaT said:

That dress was actually worn by 3 other women before J Lo wore it.  Amber Valletta on the runway, Donatella Versace at a gala at the Met, & Geri Halliwell at an awards show in France. Since the spice girls were still pretty famous when Geri wore the dress, she should have gotten at least the amount of fame for wearing it as J Lo later did, but she didn't. In fact, I've never understood why J Lo would pick a dress that had already been seen at other events. Given the reaction to the other times the dress was worn, I don't think she could have known how big the whole thing would become. I think it was just a combination of the dress & the person wearing it that struck people as memorable.

The other times it was worn weren’t at events as big as the Grammys though, right? My parents would have no clue who Amber Valletta or Donatella Versace are, but they did know Jennifer Lopez. People also expect more risqué fashion at fashion shows, not so much at the time from mainstream American actresses at Grammys. 

This is partially why what Bjork wore also created such a stir. There are pieces like that often worn by models, but you don’t see mainstream musicians usually dressed like that. 

• Love 6

It also feel like she will utilize the hip hop/rap/black community to help catapult her to success or to establish her bona-fides when she needs to but will jump away with a quickness if her proximity to blackness and black culture is perceived as too close and not useful for her at that time.  

But at least once she overestimated her bona fides with the Black community by using the n-word in a song. She quickly got told in no uncertain terms that she didn't and never would have that kind of privilege. I've long found it amusing how often she's managed to appropriate her own culture, not to mention other's. There is absolutely no shame in her game.

• Love 6

I mean... who could predict this?

That the dress, which was at once a flowing bohemian chiffon gown and barely there, led Google to create one of its most popular features, is one of fashion’s favorite stories, a testament to the immeasurable impact of an industry sometimes considered superfluous. As former Google CEO and executive chairman Eric Schmidt wrote on Project Syndicate in 2015, “People wanted more than just text. This first became apparent after the 2000 Grammy Awards, where Jennifer Lopez wore a green dress that, well, caught the world’s attention. At the time, it was the most popular search query we had ever seen. But we had no surefire way of getting users exactly what they wanted: J­Lo wearing that dress. Google Image Search was born.”

But was it really so simple? Did Jennifer Lopez really create a whole new way to look at the internet? According to Cathy Edwards, director of engineering and product for Google Images, it wasn’t overnight, but Lopez was definitely the impetus. “It is completely true,” Edwards said in a Google hangout Friday afternoon, “but it is also not the case that this happened and the next day we said, Oh, we should build an image search engine!” At that point, she noted, the company was only two years old, with a very small number of employees, “and everyone there at the time was like, Of course we need to build an image search engine, but they weren’t sure how much priority to give it.” When the Lopez dress moment happened, in February 2000, “it became so clear that this was important, but they didn’t have anyone to do it.”

Later that summer, Google hired a recent college graduate, Huican Zhu, as an engineer, and partnered him with Susan Wojcicki, the current CEO of YouTube, who was then a product manager. They worked together to build it, “and single handedly, almost, launched it in July 2001.”

https://www.gq.com/story/jennifer-lopez-versace-google-images

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh, she knew exactly what she was going for wearing that dress.  

FWIW, IMO, Miss Lopez has been about as naive as Mae West was re her wardrobe and its intended effect! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Which seems like exactly what happened.  She left first marriage to unknown (but Spanish speaking, which she kept pointing out during the Selena critique) man and started dating P Diddy, but dumped him very quickly after the nightclub scandal.  She marries one of her back up dancers in a rush and makes her Oprah interview like she was the most innocent innocent who ever lived.  Then she dumped him for Ben Affleck, whose star was rising at that point.  User vibes indeed.

I was a big Ben Affleck fan at the time and I remember thinking Ben you in danger.    She was someone who loved the limelight and up till then he seemed to want to be an actor and not a celeb.  When he married Jennifer Garner I thought she was a much better match for him.

I don't hate J Lo but there is definitely something about her that I don't like.  The woman cannot be without a man.  Since she has became famous 25 years ago has she ever been single?  No boyfriend no husband?  And if the cheating rumors are true about A Rod which they seem to be I guess she is willing to overlook them so she can still have a boyfriend/ fiance/ or god forbid husband.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Blergh said:

FWIW, IMO, Miss Lopez has been about as naive as Mae West was re her wardrobe and its intended effect! 

Except it was shown that several women wore the exact same dress with no one giving a fuck. If your going to allude to Mae West actually quote her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I was making an observation.  Jennifer Lopez seems to be someone that always has a man in her life.  She doesn't like to be single so it seems.

I understand your point, but people rarely make the same observation about men. Men are serial monogamists. Women always need to have a man. It's the same damn thing, but for a woman it implies weakness. For a man, it implies a desire for long term commitment.

I'm not a JLo fan because ...I don't know what about her is likable or admirable. I'm not a fan of her music (but I'm not big on music at all, so that's not unusual). I don't watch the TV shows she's on. I rank her on my personal "do I like them scale" above Blake Shelton, who I will never forgive for that Sexiest Man thing, and below Gabrielle Union. They are in that amorphous "not sure why they are still famous, but okay, they are on TV and red carpets a lot."

That being said, I don't understand why people have such strong feelings about JLo? Do I hate her for being my contemporary and having such a fabulous body and great skin? Yes, but no more than I hate some of my very best friends (that I actually love) for the exact same thing. It's more of a "Bitch, why can't I look that good?" hate than a visceral emotion.

I reserve my celebrity serial dater hate for creeps like Leonardo DiCaprio and John Mayer.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8