Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I get the Janet Jackson thing but I don't know enough about Timberlake's history to know why he feels the need to apologize for Cry Me a River. Isn't it just a break-up song? Haven't countless artists put out break-up songs inspired by their lives? It seems like Taylor Swift has built a good chunk of her career out of those types of songs.

I never understood why Justin got so much flack for that song either. I know Britney said she'd never go there and thought speaking about the cheating was wrong, but since when do people keep being cheated on by longterm partners private? If Justin owes an apology for CMAR, then I suppose the entire music industry should just do one big apology. 

Is it a gender thing? Are only girls allowed to be heartbroken and express that heartbreak through their art? Trying to understand the difference between Justin and the artists who get away with breakup songs. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes.  It's a gender thing. The issue isn't one song.  It was Justin profiting off of the continual slut shaming of an ex over close to 20 years. Justin is rumored to be a cheater and was even caught holding hands/touching legs, sans wedding ring, with a costar and he's allowed to return to being Mr. Actor, Mr. Music and Mr. Jimmy Fallon's best friend in short order.  No one asks him about that.  That wasn't Britney's situation. She had constant interviews about her virginity and her sexual activity.  Reporters couldn't wait to "pounce" on her and expose her for not being a virgin any longer. 

Meanwhile, Justin's out there essentially saying he's fucking her and he gets high fives.  The double standard was gross and he encouraged it.

Gender is behind that and it's why he was allowed to shirk responsibility for the Super Bowl incident while Janet wasn't. 

I'm not sure Taylor Swift is a good example of a woman "getting away with it."  Even though, to my knowledge, she has never come straight out or even coyly implied, the way Justin did about CMAR on Ellen, that any of her songs were about any specific ex, she still gets criticized quite a bit for only writing about her exes even though her body of work has more diversity than that.

Plenty of men write breakup songs about an ex.  They release them. And then they move on.

The photos with the costar created a huge stir. Justin made a statement apologizing for his behavior because there was such a reaction. Some things cause a stir but go away. As nasty as the media was to Britney at times, she even got away with things. I don't remember her getting with Kevin Federline when he had a girlfriend  being a big deal. 

Regarding gender and sexuality, I've seen it go both ways. There are people who think women are evil walking temptresses that poor men are unable to resist, and that everything is always women's fault. We've all known those women who hold other women accountable for affairs and hate them with every fiber of their being, yet somehow they forgive the men, the guys who are supposed to love and be faithful to them. I've always found this absurd. I've also seen it where some people act like anyone who's a female is like this infant that must be protected from all the evil men out there, and that they can't possibly hurt another person as a a petite little lady. Regarding Janet, I totally think there was sexism there, along with some racism. The sexuality of black men and women is always seen as more threatening. 

The grown men who asked Britney about her virginity were gross and would be canceled during metoo, but that wasn't Justin's doing as as young guy only one year older than her. He was her boyfriend, not a reporter, her manager, her parent, etc. It was no one's business, but I think because Britney's image was so sexual with the fake boobs and provocative performances, that people (mostly perverted older men) wondered if Britney was "not that innocent" prior to anything Justin said or did. Justin talking about their sex life after the fact at all was wrong, but I don't think the vast majority of the public ever heard him say one word. I never did until I had this discussion with a big time Britney fan somewhere. That makes this public apology kind of strange, because most people only know of CMAR. Unless you're a hardcore fan of Britney or Justin, you're not going to know every comment, especially if they're from obscure shows many years ago. 

He wasn't the one to blame for Britney's Lolita image and probably didn't realize how inappropriate it all was either because of his own youth. Britney's people (meaning those who handled her career) should have pretended/stopped all inappropriate intrusion into the girl's intimate life. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't because it seemed like they set out for Britney's image to be a sexy virgin. I don't like everything that's come out of Justin's mouth either and get the Janet apology, I just don't think he's a terrible person for being a young man who was cheated on by his first serious girlfriend and expressed his heartbreak in a song as a music artist. Most people in his shoes would have done the same. I don't think anyone cares that Britney wasn't faithful when she was scarcely more than a kid. Most of us consider her a sweet person who's human and messed up. Happens to the best of us. 

I thought Justin had moved on. He's married, has a kid, and until this apology, I don't think he ever brings Britney up himself.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

he has a kid

Two kids now, actually. Last month, he announced,  on The Ellen Degeneres Show, that he & his wife, Jessica Biel, had welcomed a second child & second son, Phineas. Which Ellen knew about during the pregnancy because she & Justin were FaceTiming 1 time; Jessica walked into the view of the camera/FaceTime device & either she or Justin put their hand on her belly so Ellen could see & Justin told her they were expecting again.

I think the Biel/Timberlake sons’ names are rather old-fashioned, though I understand the eldest, Silas, is carrying on the family (sort of) tradition of his middle name being the same as Justin & Justin’s father (Silas’ paternal grandfather)—it’s Randall, which Justin’s father goes by. His first name, Silas, is also for a male relative of Justin’s. It honors Justin’s paternal grandfather/Silas’ paternal great-grandfather, who Justin was very close to & who died before Justin & Jessica’s wedding.

The names may be old-fashioned sounding, but at least they’re not “typical” Hollywood kid names, like Dweezil or Pilot Inspektor. You’ve gotta give the Biel Timberlakes that.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Justin Timberlake always reminds me of that dorky kid in school who gets in with the cool crowd and becomes a total asshole.

While some people might not feel he needs to apologise I think he’s smart enough to know that the backlash would be worse if he doesn’t acknowledge and atone. The pictures that came out with His costar have already damaged his reputation so in think this is just more damage control. 

Edited by Avabelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't remember her getting with Kevin Federline when he had a girlfriend  being a big deal. 

Pregnant girlfriend.

When someone puts out there that they are saving themselves for marriage there are bound to be be questions in interviews. Jessica Simpson got the same thing but she didn't have any ex to get interviewed. Jonas Brothers and their purity rings got the same speculation. If you put something out there people are going to wonder.

Just to add. I don't like any of them. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I never understood why Justin got so much flack for that song either.

Well, I've always been offended on behalf of Arthur Hamilton, Ella Fitzgerald, Julie London, and the OG title of that song.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Re Mr. Timberlake's belated apologies to Miss Jackson and Miss Spears: If nothing else comes out of it, I hope everyone who has eagerly bought the Spears parents' spin re them having supposedly always acted in her best interests consider how they (at the very least) put up little if any resistance to her being marketed as a sex object at a young age  which is  but  one reason why her male DNA Donor's continued legal guardianship (as well as her supposedly perpetual 'mental incompetence') should be examined if not completely abolished. 

• Love 8

So Timberlake has an MO.   Do something terrible to a woman, then blame her for it.

He damn well should apologize to Ms. Jackson (he's nasty).   He's the one who actually ripped open her top.   But somehow she got all the backlash.   Women weren't allowed to perform at the Super Bowl for YEARS because of that stunt.   At the time he was all "it was her idea."  1) it was his damn song, he knew the words.  2) he was a grown ass man at the time, he could have said"No that's a bad idea" and not fucking done it.   But no the evil woman put a spell on him and he had no control over my actions that day.

He and Britney break up and he spends decades cashing in on that.   Meanwhile Britney clearly needs help and where is he?   Off counting his millions from exploiting his relationship with her.

• Love 23

Meh, even though I have liked some of his songs, JT is, was, and likely forever will be trash to me. I don't think he would've ever apologized publicly to Britney even with the documentary because it had a relatively narrow focus and likely would've blown over in a while. As far a Janet Jackson is concerned, too little and 17 years too late, IMO. I doubt he would've mentioned her at all but for Buzzfeed* climbing up his ass and stapling all the receipts to the inside of his colon. Justin has been problematic to women, to Black women, and to Black people in general for years and for some reason he was allowed to keep doing it with impunity.

*I know many consider Buzzfeed to be a poor excuse for journalism but when they get it right, they get it right hard. JT wasn't running from that exposure and either he realized it or his management did.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 18
39 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

He damn well should apologize to Ms. Jackson (he's nasty).   He's the one who actually ripped open her top.   But somehow she got all the backlash.   Women weren't allowed to perform at the Super Bowl for YEARS because of that stunt.   At the time he was all "it was her idea."  1) it was his damn song, he knew the words.  2) he was a grown ass man at the time, he could have said"No that's a bad idea" and not fucking done it.   But no the evil woman put a spell on him and he had no control over my actions that day.

No excuses for Timberlake but I think most people  would be hardpressed to even remember who the guy on stage with Janet Jackson was back then!  It was always about her.  I guess he'd hate to know that for a big chunk of the viewing public he could have been just another anonymous background dancer/singer that day.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Meh, even though I have liked some of his songs, JT is, was, and likely forever will be trash to me. I don't think he would've ever apologized publicly to Britney even with the documentary because it had a relatively narrow focus and likely would've blown over in a while. As far a Janet Jackson is concerned, too little and 17 years too late, IMO. I doubt he would've mentioned her at all but for Buzzfeed* climbing up his ass and stapling all the receipts to the inside of his colon. Justin has been problematic to women, to Black women, and to Black people in general for years and for some reason he was allowed to keep doing it with impunity.

I agree.  I have never liked Timberlake, and I never thought he was a good artist.  Everything he did was a poor imitation of what African American artists did, much better.  I would have cancelled him for lack of talent back in 2002, but that's just me.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, xfuse said:

When someone puts out there that they are saving themselves for marriage there are bound to be be questions in interviews. Jessica Simpson got the same thing but she didn't have any ex to get interviewed. Jonas Brothers and their purity rings got the same speculation. If you put something out there people are going to wonder.

I think it's creepy that anyone needs to know in the first place. Seriously, what business is it of anyone's? 

And these teenage stars kept putting that stuff out there because people had this weird obsession with the idea that teen stars needed to be "perfect and pure role models" for kids, and that was the narrative they had to push. Because if a teenager acts up or sleeps around, clearly they did it because their favorite idol did, and not because of a whole host of other reasons, I guess. And heaven forbid a teenager, especially a teenage girl, say they may not plan to wait until marriage for sex! That could send a bad message, or something!

So on top of these teenagers having to navigate a tough industry that kept telling them they needed to be innocent little angels while simultaneously exploiting them, sexually and otherwise, and dealing with their own personal teenage struggles and issues to boot, they apparently also had to take on the role of being role models to kids instead of leaving that responsibility up to, oh, I dunno, the kids' actual parents. 

And yet people still wonder how so many teen stars get so messed up. Gee. Yeah. It's a real mystery. 

As for Justin Timberlake, I was never into him, either. My sister was a huge *N Sync fan, and he was her favorite, so I was familiar with his work that way, but he never did anything for me (plus, I was a Backstreet girl anyway, so...:p). I always thought he gave off a kinda cocky vibe. So this is not all that surprising to me. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

Re Mr. Timberlake's belated apologies to Miss Jackson and Miss Spears: If nothing else comes out of it, I hope everyone who has eagerly bought the Spears parents' spin re them having supposedly always acted in her best interests consider how they (at the very least) put up little if any resistance to her being marketed as a sex object at a young age  which is  but  one reason why her male DNA Donor's continued legal guardianship (as well as her supposedly perpetual 'mental incompetence') should be examined if not completely abolished. 

Obviously he didn't try hard enough, but I do remember Britney's dad being a typical dad and hating his daughter wearing revealing clothes. She didn't listen to him, probably because her mom had her back. It seemed like Lynn ran the show, and she was the one who was all for Britney's sexy outfits. She said if she were Britney's age and had her figure, she'd wear them too. 

I've always thought that virginity talk was weird even with those who are older. Just like I don't need to hear if someone's been with a hundred people, the world doesn't need to know you're a virgin at any age. I remember Colton from the Bachelor and the nonstop virgin talk. Some things should be kept private imo. 

I thought it was strange when Jessica Simpson brought up her virginity as well. She even had a song about it on her first album. Not sure if she was behind it or her people were also trying to market her as another sexy virgin a la Britney. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Well, I've always been offended on behalf of Arthur Hamilton, Ella Fitzgerald, Julie London, and the OG title of that song.  

Timberlake also put out 'What Goes Around Comes Around' in 2006, just as Britney was struggling with significant mental health issues and 5 years after their relationship had ended.  The lyrics lent themselves to a lot of speculation that it was Justin capitalizing on Britney's very public meltdown to twist the knife and make even more money by beating a dead horse.

Diane Sawyer also did a reprehensible interview with Britney where she essentially accused Britney of breaking sweet, wonderful Justin's heart and reduced her to tears.  It wasn't just the male press that treated Britney like a villain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

And these teenage stars kept putting that stuff out there because people had this weird obsession with the idea that teen stars needed to be "perfect and pure role models" for kids, and that was the narrative they had to push.

But people didn't. It was Britney, Jessica and later Jonas brother(or their people) who put it out there. There were/are plenty of other teen stars that no one asked or bothered about because that wasn't part that they pushed on the public. 

11 minutes ago, xfuse said:

But people didn't. It was Britney, Jessica and later Jonas brother(or their people) who put it out there. There were/are plenty of other teen stars that no one asked or bothered about because that wasn't part that they pushed on the public. 

No, people asked them about their sex lives back then, too.. I remember interviews where they were asked about any lyrics that sounded even slightly sexual, and about their love lives, and things of that sort. 

And even when they did volunteer that information, keep in mind, they were teens being heavily controlled by their parents/publicists/other adults. They were likely just stating things those people had told them to say. 

• Love 12

They were also some variety of evangelical Christian, where purity was of paramount importance. I think the Jonas Brothers all got purity rings too? Nick Lachey was on Howard Stern and admitted he and Jessica did everything but penetrative sex before the wedding so her virginity was only a technicality.  Typical hypocrisy.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I thought it was strange when Jessica Simpson brought up her virginity as well. She even had a song about it on her first album. Not sure if she was behind it or her people were also trying to market her as another sexy virgin a la Britney. 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was Jessica's perverted weirdo father who had something to do with getting it out there that she was a virgin. He used to talk about her breasts too and called them "suckers" at one point. I can't remember if it was him or Jessica that said something about not being able to make it in the christian music business because of her breasts and curvy figure. She's apparently forgiven him for all of his awful behavior over the years. Hopefully he worked on himself to earn that forgiveness from her.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

No idea who he is or what he said or why but I have to give him credit he certainly knows how to apologize.  Was he sincere?  Maybe, maybe not, but either he or people he listens to made sure he covered his bases with that apology.

That was his second apology after a lame ass first one and being given the opportunity before they even put the interview in question up to review it and see if he wanted to add anything and he said he was fine with what he said. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

No idea who he is or what he said or why but I have to give him credit he certainly knows how to apologize.  Was he sincere?  Maybe, maybe not, but either he or people he listens to made sure he covered his bases with that apology.

This would be the perfect time to get rid of that god awful show along with The Bachelorette. It's always made me sad and frustrated that both shows have stuck around so long.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was Jessica's perverted weirdo father who had something to do with getting it out there that she was a virgin. He used to talk about her breasts too and called them "suckers" at one point. I can't remember if it was him or Jessica that said something about not being able to make it in the christian music business because of her breasts and curvy figure. She's apparently forgiven him for all of his awful behavior over the years. Hopefully he worked on himself to earn that forgiveness from her.

You’re right! I’ll never forget how creepy her father was. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

He hosts The Bachelor & The Bachelorette & other shows that are part of that franchise. He’s also hosted the Miss America competition a few times & was the final host of the syndicated, non-Primetime, non-Jimmy Kimmel version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, which was canceled at the end of last season after something like 20 seasons on the air, with various hosts through the years (but I’m not sure they included the late Regis Philbin, who debuted the program as host in Primetime, & they definitely didn’t include the current Primetime host, Jimmy Kimmel).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To remove an unnecessary comma.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

I remember those comments well. He was interviewed in 2004 by GQ - the exact quote (keep in mind that he was once a pastor):

"Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she’s sexy in both. She’s got double Ds! You can’t cover those suckers up!” 

At the time, I said that if my dad had ever said anything like that about me I'd give myself up for adoption - and I was in my mid-20s. Thankfully, he would never do that.

Jessica touched on that a bit in her autobiography, but apparently she never had a problem with the things her dad said. Not surprisingly, he played a major factor in the Nick/Jessica split. Clearly, there was no love lost between Nick and Joe. I think the Simpson/Lachey union was the first casualty, or one of the first, of the "curse of the reality show".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Watching Lachey and Simpson on that show they were never going to last. There was serious issues there pre show. I imagine her virginal til marriage status was half the reason they married and the promised reality tv show the other half.

• Love 4
On 2/8/2021 at 9:44 AM, VCRTracking said:

Guess I don't have the last CRT TV in existence after all.

The off-white-everything doesn't appeal to me either, but I like a house that looks lived in, and this one definitely does. Thanks for keeping it real, Mr Pesci.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:44 AM, VCRTracking said:

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

https://people.com/movies/burt-reynolds-laid-to-rest-2-years-after-death/

I just read this article about Burt Reynolds being laid to rest at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery two years after his death.

It kind of gave me the creeps.  So I looked up the cemetery on wikipedia.

I come away from it wondering if Reynold's family got some money out of this.

Seems like if Reynold's wanted to be buried in what is effectively a tourist attraction for dead celebrities, with video kiosks playing documentaries, movie, and music events that you'd be buried there immediately and pick the spot yourself.  Celebrities should probably put clauses their wills to make inheritance come with strings attached if they don't want that.

I don't know.  I'm just speculating.  Maybe there is nothing to see here and the family knows something about how Reynold's would want his memory preserved.  I just find it kind of tacky and weird and disrespectful. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

https://people.com/movies/burt-reynolds-laid-to-rest-2-years-after-death/

I just read this article about Burt Reynolds being laid to rest at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery two years after his death.

It kind of gave me the creeps.  So I looked up the cemetery on wikipedia.

I come away from it wondering if Reynold's family got some money out of this.

Seems like if Reynold's wanted to be buried in what is effectively a tourist attraction for dead celebrities, with video kiosks playing documentaries, movie, and music events that you'd be buried there immediately and pick the spot yourself.  Celebrities should probably put clauses their wills to make inheritance come with strings attached if they don't want that.

I don't know.  I'm just speculating.  Maybe there is nothing to see here and the family knows something about how Reynold's would want his memory preserved.  I just find it kind of tacky and weird and disrespectful. 

Interesting points. My question is what it took so long? Was there some kind  of 'waiting list' or were the survivors not able to raise the funds to have him buried there for two years? And if he was cremated, who had the cremated remains for two years and why the need to have them buried under a marker? Also, for all his professed adoration of his adopted hometown of Jupiter,Florida- why Hollywood and not there (and I looked it up- both his parents were also cremated with their remains evidently given to loved ones)? 

I hope all this somehow was worth it to him and/or his survivors even if it had to be dragged out for so long. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Interesting points. My question is what it took so long? Was there some kind  of 'waiting list' or were the survivors not able to raise the funds to have him buried there for two years? And if he was cremated, who had the cremated remains for two years and why the need to have them buried under a marker? Also, for all his professed adoration of his adopted hometown of Jupiter,Florida- why Hollywood and not there (and I looked it up- both his parents were also cremated with their remains evidently given to loved ones)? 

I hope all this somehow was worth it to him and/or his survivors even if it had to be dragged out for so long. 

From the article, it sounds like there was a memorial in Florida at the time of his death.  I highly doubt the survivors paid for him to be buried there.  I kind of suspect that the cemetery paid for Burt Reynold's ashes and that there were some family dynamics or guilt that took two years to work through before they made a financial deal.

This is based on nothing but it feeling weird that the article identified one of the people quoted in the article as the cemetery's "president and co-owner".  This isn't laying someone to rest.  This is a business transaction for a tourist attraction.

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2021 at 3:51 AM, Avabelle said:

Watching Lachey and Simpson on that show they were never going to last.

Even though I didn't know who either one of them were at the time, I once watched several season one episodes of Newlyweds while channel surfing, as there was nothing on I wanted to watch and I thought well, this guy's attractive, let's see what this is about.  Even allowing for "reality" TV nonsense, it was glaringly obvious that marriage wasn't going to last for any significant length of time (if they'd lived together first, they'd have known not to even get married, but of course her family's creepy obsession with "purity" wouldn't have allowed that).

Nick Lachey used sexist media to further his poor me post-divorce narrative the same way Justin Timberlake did after his break-up with Britney Spears. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I remember those comments well. He was interviewed in 2004 by GQ - the exact quote (keep in mind that he was once a pastor):

"Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she’s sexy in both. She’s got double Ds! You can’t cover those suckers up!” 

At the time, I said that if my dad had ever said anything like that about me I'd give myself up for adoption - and I was in my mid-20s. Thankfully, he would never do that.

Jessica touched on that a bit in her autobiography, but apparently she never had a problem with the things her dad said. Not surprisingly, he played a major factor in the Nick/Jessica split. Clearly, there was no love lost between Nick and Joe. I think the Simpson/Lachey union was the first casualty, or one of the first, of the "curse of the reality show".

Bleh so gross! I wonder what Jessica said in her book. Most girls would be mortified by their fathers talking about them like that. 

• Love 7

I only know who Nick Lachey is because he was part of the group 98 Degrees who sang the theme song from Mulan “True to Your Heart” with Stevie Wonder.

They had a few good songs and then I lost interest and stopped listening.

And since I LOATHE all and every reality show, I didn’t know about Nick’s misogyny. Disappointing, as he didn’t come off that way in the interviews I’d seen him in around the heyday of the group.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

This old Brad and Angelina photo shoot is disturbing.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/120077871.html

I’d never seen these photos before. Who in the world thought it was a good idea to have them do photos which look a lot like a woman trying to escape a man, him holding her to the bed and then carrying around her drugged/dead body around? 

Not long after this photoshoot, Angelina would sell paparazzi photographs of herself, Pitt, and her son Maddox on a beach in Africa. This signaled to the public that she and Pitt were indeed an item.

Angelina sold those photos? That's fucked up.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Bleh so gross! I wonder what Jessica said in her book. Most girls would be mortified by their fathers talking about them like that. 

We have a former President who described his daughter similarly. It's a small sample, but enough to make me wonder how "normal" this kind of behavior has been. The Creeper Dad Phenomenon. 

• Love 2

I'm in the "meh" group in that poll.  I think Brad and Angelina let their freak flags fly--that's why they were attracted to each other.  Then things probably got real (and stale) when they got married and had to raise a family together.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

This old Brad and Angelina photo shoot is disturbing.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/120077871.html

I’d never seen these photos before. Who in the world thought it was a good idea to have them do photos which look a lot like a woman trying to escape a man, him holding her to the bed and then carrying around her drugged/dead body around? 

Creepy. This is the first time I have seen those photos but remember they caused Jen Aniston to say Brad had a “sensitivity chip” missing. Everything about that photo shoot is odd. 

Edited by Guest
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

The pictures were from before her Saint Angelina phase, so I don’t find them too surprising, in light of all of the weird/creepy things she used to do.

Angelina did manage to shift her public image. I remember when she carried a vial of Billy Bob’s blood around on a chain.

10 minutes ago, Dani said:

Creepy. This is the first time I have seen those photos but remember they caused Jen Aniston to say Brad had a “sensitivity chip” missing. Everything about that photo shoot is odd. 

Brad was beautiful in Thelma and Louise and just golden in A River Runs Through It, but I never found him to be an amazing actor. He was just damned pretty. I could see that about a sensitivity chip.

• Love 7

Re: the whole revived "Free Britney" thing, and the accompanying reexamination of how she was treated in the first place... 

People were reminded at least one comedian tried to make this point back in 2007:

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

That was a great speech, yes. I appreciate him speaking up like that. 

Doing it now would be commendable.  Doing it in 2007 was practically unimaginable. 

I was a frequent viewer of his back then and frankly had forgotten this until it trended recently. But viewing it now I do clearly recall seeing it back then. To be 100% honest, while I agreed with him, I thought he was being unrealistic if he expected anyone else to follow his example. And they didn't, which is probably why I forgot about his speech for the 14 years after that. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 12

The Craig Ferguson video does also have me rethinking the Leave Britney Alone video.  Remember how most people laughed at it? 

Besides Craig F., closer to the time of Leave Britney Alone, Michael Moore was saying similar things. 

But it seemed less over the top (there was probably some gay/transphobia in even the best of us hearing Leave Britney Alone), so people didn't laugh at Moore.  Then again nobody listened to Moore either. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6