Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm working from home; I have a Zoom meeting with my boss every morning at 9, the rest of the day I'm on my own. My work is not hard and I am so enjoying not commuting (lolling in bed until 6 AM makes me feel positively decadent). I'm kept fairly busy so I'm not snacking much. I don't mind it a bit. It'd be great if I wasn't worried sick about how the world's crumbling......

We will get through this. Stay strong, Stay busy, Stay sane. And snark away. 🙂

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Before gastric surgery was so popular, people used to get their "jaw wired"--they put braces on their teeth and wired them shut so that they could only drink protein shakes and other liquids. I think some of the poundticipants might benefit from wiring to help them change their eating habit.. This girl can put it away!

I know someone who did that in the mid 80's.   She lost a lot, but she also gained it back a few years later.  It probably didn't help that her husband was probably at least 500 pounds himself.  He has died, and I have no idea what happened to her after that. 

3 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Hi, everyone.  I have been on lockdown for a month, and have lost my job.  Can't do Facilities from home.  Mourning Kenny Rogers.  Doing nothing but drinking, except when my husband ordered Chinese food and I hoovered it up. Felt a lot better.  Cats are good, food and catbox ok.  Play with wand toys and try to communicate love, not fear.  Am scared (!) and I wish a homestyle chicken sandwich and a large frys would fix it.

It’s terrifying times. I’ve given up withdrawing from Ativan since I don’t drink. Had to bring my son home from his residential group home and his dayhab is of course closed. He doesn’t understand why. There’s nothing to do except let him watch barney videos until they break. My cat sits on me every chance he gets. We will get through this. Bruised and battered, but somehow we will come out the other side, whenever it is. Good luck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

See how dainty she is when she was picking up that cookie?  Come on girl!  Shovel those bad boys into your mouth!!!

Apparently, she doesn't know what show she's on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

"I ain't looking for no man."

Prediction: She'll have a man by the end of the episode.

Oh yes. She'll be online looking for some toothless loser who'll steal her disability checks before you can say "bag-o-snacks"

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I wish they would find a really jolly poundticipant, one who laughs and makes jokes and has a weird hobby. We need a change from all of this desperation. 

that's just crazy talk !!!!   🤣🤣

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
Just now, Concerned said:

Interesting that she could read that because so many poundparticipants have zero knowledge of nutrition.

While she can read the label I will be surprised if she knows how to count the calories.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

"45 sugars. And 71 carbs."

It annoys me when people don't use actual units. It's grams, Megan!

This is clearly brand new territory for her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well the show is boring as shit. I'm here for the wit and wisdom of all you Pounders. Whis is NOT boring. Thank you!

I'm signed up for a Zoom meeting about my hobby (photography) that will start at the top of the hour so I'll probably just switch off the show and enjoy an hour or so geeking out about Lightroom or Photoshop or whatever the heck is on the agenda. And depending on how it goes I may toggle back and forth between this chat and the meeting. The joys of solitary confinement, I mean, staying at home. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, CousinOliver said:

Allegedly

That is the operative word.  

I really like and inspiring story when they change their lives around. This one comes off as too much of a victim to me. I don’t see change coming but I could be wrong.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2

My fence blew down during a tornado Saturday night so I've been forced to walk the dogs several times a day so at least I'm getting out. It gets replaced Friday no more strolls at night. I feel very unsafe doing that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I wish they would find a really jolly poundticipant, one who laughs and makes jokes and has a weird hobby. We need a change from all of this desperation. 

They had those sisters, and they did not cheer me up 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh, and my girlfriend got laid off today. I feel that I'm going to be hearing, "Can you come here for a second and help me with" on a daily basis. Girl, I just wanna watch "90-Day Fiance" and eat hummus and chips.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Well it’s about 1300 miles for me, so you’re still more likely to run into him than I am. Your gov is doing an excellent job too, though, from what I see on the news 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I hope so. I see more NYC news lately than anything (my "local" affiliates are all out of NYC; I also get ABC out of Philly one channel down). They do cover North/Central NJ but for obvious reasons they're focusing even more on NYC these days when they're not covering national stuff.

• Love 1
Just now, hoosiermom said:

My fence blew down during a tornado Saturday night so I've been forced to walk the dogs several times a day so at least I'm getting out. It gets replaced Friday no more strolls at night. I feel very unsafe doing that.

Yikes! A tornado! I hope the fence was the worst you got from it. What the EFF is going on? A friend lives in Boise where they had a 6.3 earthquake yesterday. You'd think the fucking plague would be enough without stuff piling on like tornadoes and earthquakes. Sheesh.

• Love 3

The winner of the guess the poundticipant's weight contest is <drum roll>  @poeticlicensed!  Winner, winner, grease and freedom dinner!

Johnny tell them what they've won!

You've won a car full of road snacks (yes, a car full), flip flops in many colors, a dream journal to record everything you will never achieve, and your very own copy of Mommy Dearest, the heart warming tale of a woman's love of padded hangers. And, of course, the respect of your fellow Pounders. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Oh, wow- I know exactly what storm you are talking about.  Glad you are OK!  One of my friends in Newburgh had a tree narrowly miss her house.

Assuming most of the poundicipants with glasses are wearing readers That can be bought over the counter since they obviously didn’t go through a detailed exam in an office to get a prescription. They wouldn’t fit in the exam chairs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Hellga said:

No, Megan, it's not gastric bypass that would physically stop you from eating, it's getting your jaws wired shut.  Seriously, they should do that... and do 1200 calories a day in liquid diet...

I think some of these addicts would rip their teeth loose to get the wiring off after a couple of hours. 

• Love 3