Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I saw The Smiths in 1985. I still can't believe I saw them live.

I saw Morrissey in concert a few years ago. Great concert, but I could have done without being forced to watch footage of cows being slaughtered between sets. The guy I was with is a vegetarian and even he said that was a bit much.

• LOL 4

OMG are they kidding with this shit? Good god ... this is soooooo boring. 

Just now, 7EasyPayments said:

You can hear me cheering on the David Live album that was recorded at the Tower Theater.

That's where I saw the Smiths! I also worked there as an usher. One of my most favorite jobs ever. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

True story.  I saw Prince when he was the opening act for Rick James!  

Ha!  The thought of Prince opening for anyone is astounding.  That's awesome.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Squee Bastard said:

Best concert I've been to hands down was Prince's Purple Rain tour in 1983.

I saw that one, too! G.d. the man was a freakin' genius and showman! I guess I was really awestruck because the next show I saw was the Decembrists in 2011. 😄

• Love 3
Just now, aliya said:

I saw that one, too! G.d. the man was a freakin' genius and showman! I guess I was really awestruck because the next show I saw was the Decembrists in 2011. 😄

First time I've ever cried at a celebrity death, was when I heard of his passing.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

I saw New Edition in the 7th grade.  Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit.

Best concert eva?  Prince...hands down!

Prince was an experience!  So sad that he is gone.  My best concert, though, was Elvis Costello and the Attractions, mid-80s.  So much fun.

Edited by LizzyB
It's Elvis Costello and the Attractions, not "at" the Attractions.
  • Love 1
Just now, umgoblue said:

Ha!  The thought of Prince opening for anyone is astounding.  That's awesome.

Prince was just starting out with "I Want To Be Your Lover"!  What makes me even older than time was that there were 3 acts and I think we only paid $50 for the show!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Shes still not thinking right. The surgery isnt a solution. It isnt something you try for a bit and then never have to again. And then you have to do it for the rest of your life.

• Love 8

I feel bad for her.  She has stayed on track for a whole year and is steadily losing weight.  Not getting the surgery must be a massive disappointment, but she's still working.  

No therapy this episode?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Was it the tour with Carole King and Joe Mama? I think it was 1971. I was a junior in high school.

This was in the fall of my freshman year.  I saw Carole King the same year, but I can't remember if that was at the same event.  I went to see Paul Revere and the Raiders and Three Dog Night when I was in high school.

I have no idea what is happening on the show as the tv is in another room.

Til next time,  if there is a next time.

Wash your hands everybody and stay six feet away from me and don't cough on me!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Prince was an experience!  So sad that he is gone.  My best concert, though, was Elvis Costello at the Attractions, mid-80s.  So much fun.

I also enjoyed an MTV concert... Was Not Was (walk the dinosaur) and ...wait for it....Milli Vanilli. 

I actually went up to dance on the stage with Downtown Julie Brown. Ha!

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Holy shit, White Tiger is "The Gronk (the Patriots' Rob Gronkowski)!" He just got bumped off The Masked Singer. His final song was "I'm Too Sexy" and boy is he; what a talk cool drink of water he is.........MEOW! 😁

Anyway, all my love Pounders. Great being with you all especially in these times.

Have a good night.

6 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

My first concert was Three Dog Night at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA

Joy to the World,  yinz!

My first concert was a Dick Clark Caravan of Stars with Gene Pitney as the headliner. Second wa Jerry Lee LewisOpening act was Ronnie and the Daytonas.

Ommmmm. 70 is rhe new 30!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Just made it to the first doc visit, and I have questions. 

1. Are there really very many people in their 40s and 50s who take 8 different prescriptions??? I take anxiety medication, that’s it. My mom is 70 and has zero prescriptions. Nada. No offense to anyone with actual health problems, but c’mon Dr N, it’s not like we all go to crap after 35.

I'm 44 and I take no meds. Though I do miss my old Xanax prescription for some reason lately...

26 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I had a summer class in 1987 Biology for the non-science major.  Had to take 3 credits of any science and Rocks for Jocks did not fit into my schedule.  Teacher was an MD from Mt Sinai Medical Center in NYC.  Thought we were all going to med school  I have never worked so hard for a three credit, non-major class in my life.

My other science class was affectionately nicknamed "Baby Bio." I also took "Math for Liberal Studies." I like science but I am never going to be a scientist.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

I actually met Anderson!  I saw Tull several times in Detroit while I was going to UM. When I was back in DC, they were supposed to play at U Maryland. When we got to the venue, the show was cancelled. I told my companion that I heard that the Stones stayed at the Holiday Inn, if it was good enough for the Stones, it was good enough for Tull.

So we went to the nearest HI and there they were, in the parking lot! I got to meet all of them. Turns out they were there, but the equipment truck had broken down on the highway, so no show. 

My first job was busboy in a Holiday Inn restaurant.

Met Bob Seeger, J. Geils Band, Engelbert Humperdink, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, et al.

• Love 3