Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Before I’m misunderstood, due to the high risk status of my husband (heart disease) and son (diabetes) and my lung issues, my husband put the kibosh on my grocery runs, despite using gloves and a mask. There were several loud fights.

I've been told no groceries.  Let's see how my milk obsessed hubby gets by.

• Love 1
(edited)

13 hours drive to go, and they start with drive thru first thing?     That poor car is about dragging from the load.    

The first part of the order didn't sound too bad, until Mommy Dearest added four more sandwiches to the order, and everything else.   Of course Mom would have a bright pink coat.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

They suspended filming last weekend.

Thank you. Missed that. I’ve been doing my best to stay off the internet as much as possible. That means all sites (this one is an exception). 

• Love 6
Just now, Chicklet said:

Do you have day time pajamas or just keep the same ones? I alternate to make things exciting.

Sleep naked! Save the second set.

I joked the other day that if my yoga pants could talk, this is what they would say:
giphy.gif

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Hi, everyone.  I have been on lockdown for a month, and have lost my job.  Can't do Facilities from home.  Mourning Kenny Rogers.  Doing nothing but drinking, except when my husband ordered Chinese food and I hoovered it up. Felt a lot better.  Cats are good, food and catbox ok.  Play with wand toys and try to communicate love, not fear.  Am scared (!) and I wish a homestyle chicken sandwich and a large frys would fix it.

• Love 6

No, Megan, it's not gastric bypass that would physically stop you from eating, it's getting your jaws wired shut.  Seriously, they should do that... and do 1200 calories a day in liquid diet...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I think this is the first time that someone has acknowledge that they have watched the show and know what they might be getting into.  Let's see if this continues and she doesn't say that she is not sure how he will respond to her not following the diet.  🤔

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I've been told no groceries.  Let's see how my milk obsessed hubby gets by.

Don’t get me wrong, he complains about not having his low cal, dairy free treats *eyeroll*

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think I'd call what they bought just two meals.   That first stop was a lot of food, and the last one was a huge bag of stuff, and they had a 'few snacks".   

And she's eating like a garbage disposal on high speed on the way to Dr. Now's office.    

That remark about losing weight, while shoveling food in is pathetic.   Why does she want to be a pediatric nurse?  Because kids are bite sized?     As you've probably guessed, I can't stand her, or the mother.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm grateful for an excuse to sit on my ass in pajamas all day and play The Sims 4 while eating unhealthy amounts of ketchup chips. It's hard but we all have to do our part. 

I'm working from home; I have a Zoom meeting with my boss every morning at 9, the rest of the day I'm on my own. My work is not hard and I am so enjoying not commuting (lolling in bed until 6 AM makes me feel positively decadent). I'm kept fairly busy so I'm not snacking much. I don't mind it a bit. It'd be great if I wasn't worried sick about how the world's crumbling......

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

While I haven’t (yet) succumbed to the lure of carbs I did eat way too much all weekend.  Unhelpful “news” articles about how you should allow yourself to eat and not worry about your weight are counterproductive for people like me.  I have to remind myself that when they say “if your body wants cake then have a piece” my result would be eating the entire cake in one sitting.  

A "loser" on The Biggest Loser finale last night made the point, post-weight loss, that she has now learned that when everything else is out of control, two things she can control are her nutrition and exercise.  I found that helpful for these times (and I know all about how terrible that show is, but as you ALL KNOW, I like trashy shows).

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Drive thru! Check!

Drive thrus are going to be the only restaurants to survive in America. Where I live McDonalds and Starbucks have long lines at the drive through. Even Papa John is making big money. Sit down restaurants are dead.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Hi, everyone.  I have been on lockdown for a month, and have lost my job.  Can't do Facilities from home.  Mourning Kenny Rogers.  Doing nothing but drinking, except when my husband ordered Chinese food and I hoovered it up. Felt a lot better.  Cats are good, food and catbox ok.  Play with wand toys and try to communicate love, not fear.  Am scared (!) and I wish a homestyle chicken sandwich and a large frys would fix it.

Hey sweetie. You need to find something to occupy yourself (besides snarking here).  I'm sewing masks for careworkers. There are other things that you might be able to do that would be helpful. Don't sit and dwell, for that will not help anything.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

we do, too.  But it is just the 2 of us so it looks a bit overwhelming especially since I had planned for tomorrow''s dinner to be chili and cheese beer biscuits due to cooler weather.  Not a good combo with the broccoli.  I could decide not to do the chili and do fish, but that was for Friday's fishy meal.    I like to mix it in with squash for a change which we have or cauliflower which I don't have.  

I combine broccoli with Ramen (love it but not Dr. Now approved, LOLOL ) for a quick lunch. 🥦😉

• Love 2