Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Gbb said:

Evening, Pounders! How’s everyone doing tonight? How’s your eating habit? Anyone else worried they’re going to need Dr Now if this quarantine goes on much longer? It’s like I’ve adopted a no carb left behind program. Hoping to get some motivation tonight to get back on track. 

While I haven’t (yet) succumbed to the lure of carbs I did eat way too much all weekend.  Unhelpful “news” articles about how you should allow yourself to eat and not worry about your weight are counterproductive for people like me.  I have to remind myself that when they say “if your body wants cake then have a piece” my result would be eating the entire cake in one sitting.  

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

still indulging my eating habit at the moment---poppyseed chicken with rice, broccoli, and some kind of jello for dessert.  My neighbor just bought us a 3 pound bag of florets which I hope we can eat before it goes bad;  of course, the expiry date is today.  

Hi everybody!!!!

I LOVE broccoli, eat it almost every day. Enjoy! 🥦

Edited by 7EasyPayments
every day is 2 words
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Evening, Pounders! How’s everyone doing tonight? How’s your eating habit? Anyone else worried they’re going to need Dr Now if this quarantine goes on much longer? It’s like I’ve adopted a no carb left behind program. Hoping to get some motivation tonight to get back on track. 

Just the opposite for me. I’ve lost my winter weight because I can’t get the hot foods bar stuff that put it all on. I’m rationing what I have in the house to make sure there’s food for my husband and son who we needed to bring back home from his residential house. They locked down so we wouldn’t have seen him otherwise for minimum2 months and being autistic, he wouldn’t have understood.

Edited by Wanda
Wrong word
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

I’m not even allowed to go to the store. They’re pretty empty here because everyone is doing delivery or curbside pickup but that me s those are completely sold out in every store in every town.

Well, if I don't go I don't have food. I live alone. Deliveries make me nervous, and I would rather pick out my own groceries. I go out when I have to, but otherwise I am home all the time

• Love 8
(edited)

Megan was always huge.   Mom ignored that the older sisters bullied her daughter.    By five or six, Megan was as big wide as she was tall.    Another divorced family, and that's mommy's second divorce.    Home alone with evil older half sisters, but mom still kept her in that situation.      Close to 600 by the end of high school.

I'm betting she's 675.   Yes I don't like her already.  

So she copied Mom's dating life. 

So she wants to be a pediatric nurse?   She wouldn't make it into nursing school, and would never be able to make it through training.  So she's laying in bed, shoveling thousands of calories of cookies, all washed down with at least 2 or more liters of carbonated, sugared soda!   

The mother was hit with an ugly stick..    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

And alcohol!

Yep, my eating habit is beer and pretzels. I ventured out for the beer earlier, and ended up standing in line while the chick in front of me chose about 20 different lottery tickets and found myself getting coughed & hacked on my a mask-wearing woman who has clearly not heard of the social distancing thingy. She was right behind me. I kept trying to move away from her, but she just kept moving closer. The lottery chick and the hacker were there together. Lottery chick was laughing about how long she was taking. I was shaking when I left. People are clueless here. 😡

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

If you're so fat you need one of these is exactly the reason you shouldn't be allowed to.  In fact I think stores shouldn't even have them at all.  Disabled folk pretty much all have their own equipment.   

My Mom had to use it once after her knee surgery.  She mostly used a walker, but in that huge home improvement store, the motorized cart was the only way she would make it all the way to the section she needed.

• Love 12

Quarantine Greetings! I’m only 10 minutes late tonight. Yay! For now, at least. This isolation is throwing everyone off and the baby does not want to stay asleep. 

is she a fecking toddler?! A big ol’ cup of chocolate milk and fruity pebbles, not to mention the mound of bacon??

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, materialgirl101 said:

Well, if I don't go I don't have food. I live alone. Deliveries make me nervous, and I would rather pick out my own groceries. I go out when I have to, but otherwise I am home all the time

There have been many times I would prefer to be alone through this. I wasn’t criticizing, merely commenting.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ShortyMac said:

So, her story is that her mom worked a lot, and her dad didn't cook, so, she got to eat whatever she wanted, and her sisters bullied her...

don't forget the divorce!

• Love 3

Wow, nearly died ands still putting away a platter of cookies... I predict she won't get anywhere.  If that was not a wake-up call, I don't know what will be.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Are they having a chocolate chip cookie eating contest?

Aren't WE? 

She dreamed of being a nurse. But she sadly had to put that dream aside, since it would interfere with her eating. Oy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

No, honey, Your weight is not taking everything away from you. YOU are taking everything away from you.

Another one looking for a miracle.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

There have been many times I would prefer to be alone through this. I wasn’t criticizing, merely commenting.

Ah - ok. Hard to tell in text.

Don't get me wrong, I am TOTALLY happy I am alone - there is no way I could live in a small apartment w/ another person. One of us would be dead by now.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3