Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

You can't suck it up for 30-45 minute car ride?  This trip to Houston is going to be a doozy.  What's the over/under on fast food stops?

Maybe if your mother packed her food for the 30 to 45 minute car ride she would go.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

I’m not even allowed to go to the store. They’re pretty empty here because everyone is doing delivery or curbside pickup but that me s those are completely sold out in every store in every town.

Before I’m misunderstood, due to the high risk status of my husband (heart disease) and son (diabetes) and my lung issues, my husband put the kibosh on my grocery runs, despite using gloves and a mask. There were several loud fights.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I LOVE broccoli, eat it almost everyday. Enjoy! 🥦

we do, too.  But it is just the 2 of us so it looks a bit overwhelming especially since I had planned for tomorrow''s dinner to be chili and cheese beer biscuits due to cooler weather.  Not a good combo with the broccoli.  I could decide not to do the chili and do fish, but that was for Friday's fishy meal.    I like to mix it in with squash for a change which we have or cauliflower which I don't have.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Evening all.  Munching on a protein bar right now.  GYm is still closed here in NJ.  Please make me laugh.  No gym workouts for 14 days.  Going crazy!!!!!

I feel ya!  The gym is the luxury I miss the most these days.  I'll never take it for granted again.

• Love 2

Mommy watches her eat with such love in her eyes.  We've seen this syndrome before, wasn't it Sean?  Mommy fed him almost to death, and she then ups and dies,  leaving him to die soon thereafter?   Not sure if I got that all right.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

This is another lady on this show who reminds me of Peter Griffin. I forgot who the first was.

She’s from TX and her 5-year old kid did everything for her.  The hubby was a truck driver.  I forget her name.

• Love 1
Just now, LizzyB said:

The gym is the luxury I miss the most these days.

Yeah, I miss swimming and yoga. Yoga videos just aren't the same. Still, I'm grateful to be healthy...so far.

• Love 5
Just now, Mary said:

She’s from TX and her 5-year old kid did everything for her.  The hubby was a truck driver.  I forget her name.

Ashley?  The one with the little boy who had to climb up and put laundry in?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

lol, sorry to disappoint you, but I live in NJ. (Google maps tells me it's just under 60 miles driving; 40 as the crow flies, apparently. I always think it's further because it takes a good couple hours to drive there but that's a lot to do with traffic.)

Well it’s about 1300 miles for me, so you’re still more likely to run into him than I am. Your gov is doing an excellent job too, though, from what I see on the news 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

I feel ya!  The gym is the luxury I miss the most these days.  I'll never take it for granted again.

I am running outside every day but in the past have only run every other day due to osteo arthritis in my right knee.  Now I don't give a crap about the pain and just suck it up.  I will either be ready for that Memorial Day 5k 10k or need a knee replacement.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Here I am! I went hog wild and ate carbs! I had a bologna sandwich with mayo, potato chips and cream of chicken soup. About sixty million grams of sodium and zero nutrition, but so delicious. 

@Suzywriter, are you feeling better this week?  I've ben thinking of you. 😊

• Love 1

I seriously wonder how Covid 19 is affecting DrNows’ patients. We all know how it’s affecting his practice, and thus any taping still going on for the show (I think they do the WATN this late), but this gives them the excuse to stay in their beds. no more romantic scooter runs through the grocery stores, no more hookups with online significant others and some states are instigating checkpoints to stop people from other states from entering.  Plus it’s harder to find delivery options, at least in my area of the country. And these patients are high risk by their very nature.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Yeah, I miss swimming and yoga. Yoga videos just aren't the same. Still, I'm grateful to be healthy...so far.

I'm grateful for an excuse to sit on my ass in pajamas all day and play The Sims 4 while eating unhealthy amounts of ketchup chips. It's hard but we all have to do our part. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Mommy watches her eat with such love in her eyes.  We've seen this syndrome before, wasn't it Sean?  Mommy fed him almost to death, and she then ups and dies,  leaving him to die soon thereafter?   Not sure if I got that all right.

You got it exactly right.  I can't believe a mother would feed her that junk when she's had all those medical issues.  She's not right in the head either!

• Love 4

Before gastric surgery was so popular, people used to get their "jaw wired"--they put braces on their teeth and wired them shut so that they could only drink protein shakes and other liquids. I think some of the poundticipants might benefit from wiring to help them change their eating habit.. This girl can put it away!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

300 by 11 is criminal.  I've said it before.  

No kidding! I was kinda growling at the TV at that. Like, did either of the PARENTS of this THREE HUNDRED POUND ELEVEN YEAR OLD CHILD have a clue there was a serious problem going on? Did she ever see a doctor? Did anybody from her school think to report this as a seriously dangerous situation? 

Yeah she was effed up AND she was a child. For fuck's sake what were all the adults in her life doing to let that situation keep rolling?

4 minutes ago, Kid said:

No, honey, Your weight is not taking everything away from you. YOU are taking everything away from you.

Another one looking for a miracle.

She's in some ways more functional than many of the pounditicipants. She wears real clothes and can walk even if not very far. She eats at a table and sits in real chairs.

So, here comes the road trip. 

• Love 11
Just now, Wanda said:

I seriously wonder how Covid 19 is affecting DrNows’ patients. We all know how it’s affecting his practice, and thus any taping still going on for the show (I think they do the WATN this late), but this gives them the excuse to stay in their beds. no more romantic scooter runs through the grocery stores, no more hookups with online significant others and some states are instigating checkpoints to stop people from other states from entering.  Plus it’s harder to find delivery options, at least in my area of the country. And these patients are high risk by their very nature.

They suspended filming last weekend.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

I'm grateful for an excuse to sit on my ass in pajamas all day and play The Sims 4 while eating unhealthy amounts of ketchup chips. It's hard but we all have to do our part. 

Do you have day time pajamas or just keep the same ones? I alternate to make things exciting.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

While I haven’t (yet) succumbed to the lure of carbs I did eat way too much all weekend.  Unhelpful “news” articles about how you should allow yourself to eat and not worry about your weight are counterproductive for people like me.  I have to remind myself that when they say “if your body wants cake then have a piece” my result would be eating the entire cake in one sitting.  

Being home all day I have to remind myself to eat. I have this weird mental block where I'll get stuff for work lunches and whatnot but I won't eat it when I'm home. And now I'm working from home for who knows how long...

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

Ah - ok. Hard to tell in text.

Don't get me wrong, I am TOTALLY happy I am alone - there is no way I could live in a small apartment w/ another person. One of us would be dead by now.

No worries. Everyone is on edge. This is the happy snarking place though 🙂

• Love 8