Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

At 24 years old and over 600 lbs., Megan lives at home with her mom, who cooks for her since Megan can't do much on her own. Now Megan must travel to Houston to meet Dr. Now and change her eating habits or her life may end before it begins.

Mom is shoveling mass quantities of food and Megan is taking it all in.  What will the reason be for this dysfunction? 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast and US West Coast showings.

Original air date 2020.04.01

• Love 5

Hi all! Hope everyone is staying healthy, both mentally and physically! It was actually sunny today (we've been getting a lot of rain lately) and around 50F so I went outside for a few minutes at lunch, at least. Hope this is a decent escape from reality (because I live 60 miles from NYC and reality sucks) for a couple hours (though I don't have high hopes given the rest of the season so far). Eating habit is...not great (haven't eaten much today, to be honest) but I don't really care at the moment.

• Love 7

Hi All!  How is self-isolation going for you?   Don't turn to food for consolation, turn to the forums! 

Eating habit tonight is homemade lentil soup and puff pastries I baked the day before yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing this 'picky eater' in action!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

“You are not a picky eater if you weigh 600 lbs!”

😂😂😂😂😂

Good evening, Pounders.  I hope you are all safe.

Don’t like her already.  Don’t like mom either.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Butt in the front- check! IS that on the bingo card?

Looks like a new card needs to be drafted! I'm on it! 

Just now, CousinOliver said:

First time I’m not working during live chat!   I usually read through next day. 

Welcome! Great to have you here!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Megan, Taylorville, IL (should make for an epic drive thru parade to Dr. Now's office), 24 years old, and weighs so much.   How sad to see someone so young in this condition.   I hate the mother already.    Mother says daughter weighs too much, and shouldn't, so Mother cooks up a huge breakfast of Grease, Freedom and Death.     

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Evening, Pounders! How’s everyone doing tonight? How’s your eating habit? Anyone else worried they’re going to need Dr Now if this quarantine goes on much longer? It’s like I’ve adopted a no carb left behind program. Hoping to get some motivation tonight to get back on track. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)

At least she eats at a table using a real fork and maybe even the dishes are real and not single-use...   And wears shoes.  The house looks neat too.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 11

Here I am! I went hog wild and ate carbs! I had a bologna sandwich with mayo, potato chips and cream of chicken soup. About sixty million grams of sodium and zero nutrition, but so delicious. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

because I live 60 miles from NYC and reality sucks

So sorry. I can’t imagine how terrible it is there. Also I have developed a major crush on your governor. If you happen to see AC, please tell him I said, “how YOU doin’?” 😚

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

They are both insane. When I eat I feel love. Food is my best friend. I feed her because I love her and want her to be happy. It’s like Christmas Day to go to the supermarket. barf.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9