Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Month 1, only 604!   BMI of 87.     She's been overweight forever.    High blood pressure, blood thinners (2017-2018 DVT for legs and lungs).   Blood thinners will really complicate the surgery, recovery, and healing.     "I snack a lot", and Mommy does huge amounts of food, and buys a lot of garbage food.    

• Love 6
Just now, Chicklet said:

8 medications? Holy crap. And she's laughing about it.

It’s like Roberts’ list. Robert, the first participant who died ON the show.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I am running outside every day but in the past have only run every other day due to osteo arthritis in my right knee.  Now I don't give a crap about the pain and just suck it up.  I will either be ready for that Memorial Day 5k 10k or need a knee replacement.

I'm proud of you!  I'm doing a little running, lots of walking, online yoga classes, and some calisthenics.   

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Otter said:

Y'all are too fast!  I can't come close keeping up!  But this fun regardless.  I'm on the short bus.

Hahahaha, I just give the show itself an occasional glance. Most of the time I'm reading the snark and laughing!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I love how they all sit there and say OK when he presents this to them.

Yeah, her diabetic mom looks like she watches what she eats very well.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Odd thing I've noticed over the years and Megan is another one -- when they're sitting they're freakishly huge.  Not just weight along but tower over family sitting next to them.  I guess those fat butts are like booster seats.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm grateful for an excuse to sit on my ass in pajamas all day and play The Sims 4 while eating unhealthy amounts of ketchup chips. It's hard but we all have to do our part. 

I've been working from home for almost two and a half weeks so far and today is only the second day I didn't wear jeans. Granted, they're jeans I can't wear out of the house, but still. Not stretch pants. (I am still not actually wearing pajamas, though. I don't sleep in long pants and it's too cold to wear shorts during the day.)

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

8 medications? Holy crap. And she's laughing about it.

I mean Im on six and I am not 600 pounds so its not really that surprising. Granted half are hormones and the other half are psychiatry meds.

Edited by Splashes
  • Love 3
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

What does a normal 1 year old weigh? How can a1 year old be obese?

Somewhere between "delightfully chubby" and "aw, who's a big chonker? You're a big chonker."

Or maybe that's my cat?

• LOL 14
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Hahahaha, I just give the show itself an occasional glance. Most of the time I'm reading the snark and laughing!

I'm a virgin!  Takes some getting use to for sure!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Assuming most of the poundicipants with glasses are wearing readers That can be bought over the counter since they obviously didn’t go through a detailed exam in an office to get a prescription. They wouldn’t fit in the exam chairs. 

I always wonder about that. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

THe Mother really thought Dr. Now would say she wasn't that big.   Mommy really thought Dr. Now was going to fall in love with her.   I can't stand either of these fools. 

That awful seat cover looks just like the mother.     I call bull on the sisters causing anything.   She weighed 300 before the father ever left, and eats enough for a football team.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mom helps me and supplies two plates of cookies upon request.

ETA:  Mom is on board to follow the plan, too!  Although this is boring as shit, me thinks it might end well.  Holding my breath...

Edited by umgoblue
  • Love 3

8 meds! Wow

Like Megan, I'm on two different meds for my high blood pressure and I'm on blood thinners. Unlike Megan, I didn't have sisters who tormented me into an eating disorder.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I really think they're playing to the wrong audience with these Peleton and The Mirror commercials. Do they not understand their audience?

i want a Peleton, but I have no room for it.

• Love 1