Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Is she like the Slatton sister who supposedly thought drinking a diet sodie negated the calories in the food?

A diet “sodie”  😂😂😂

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, JunebugTx said:

Why does Megan not need a jacket and mom is wearing a winter coat?

Cause she is 600 pounds?!?!  It's like having on a parka everyday, all day.  Hahahahaha

• LOL 3

Someone actually got a home scale?!

And her response is not "this will help me keep on track" but "I hope it's not accurate because I don't like what it says."

Is this 6 months or a year?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

She's blaming Mom for her not losing, jeez princess cook for yourself.

And more importantly, why are baby goats in totes to begin with? And why would they be organic?

I'm tired.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I'm 54.  Raised on Led Zeppelin.  Motown is classic.  It's like Bach or Mozart.

Half a generation older than you, but Led Zeppelin ROCKED!!!!  Traffic was a go to get high band!

• Love 2

Good evening, Pounder!

I'm playing catch up. I get together witha group of friends on Wednesday evenings for girl talk and wine. Since our usual hangout is closed, we w(h)ined on Xoom.

My eating habit was a bowl of the Italian sausage and tortellini soup left over from last night. It's pretty healthy -- chicken sausage and lots of vegetables.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Mom helps me and supplies two plates of cookies upon request.

ETA:  Mom is on board to follow the plan, too!  Although this is boring as shit, me thinks it might end well.  Holding my breath...

I assume you’re dead now

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
Just now, umgoblue said:

Cause she is 600 pounds?!?!  It's like having on a parka everyday, all day.  Hahahahaha

She has more blubber than a seal, and seals swim in ice-cold water 24/7!

• LOL 5

Finally someone bought a scale!  But are home scales accurate up to 1000 pounds?  It was my understanding that they didn't go up that high.  Remember the two scale approach that many used...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I read that as "Whitney" at first and I was all "Yes, actually. She is just like Twatney, isn't she?"

I would like to sign up for your exercise plan, please. 

I also read it as Whitney!

1 minute ago, Kid said:

A diet “sodie”  😂😂😂

My former pastor used to call them that.  

So it's her mom's fault that she's not losing weight?

• Love 1
Just now, CousinOliver said:

Oh, her mom’s fault.  Got it.   Impressed with getting a scale, though. 

It was Mom who bought the scale, maybe after being accused of not being "supportive"?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

she doesn't know the secret recipe for making crispy bacon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

we've been using zoom for our women's AA meetings. It's a closed meeting thank goodness. Trolls starting interfering with the open AA meetings so they had to shut them down. What is wrong with people?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

It’s been well-established that NOTHING is her fault.  Until she starts owning it, nothing will change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Half a generation older than you, but Led Zeppelin ROCKED!!!!  Traffic was a go to get high band!

Ah, the low spark of high-heeled boys.  ❤️

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

why is she SO obsessed with sodium??

maybe she watches some med show on tv that talks about sodium.  Who knows? 

I wish the people on the show would look up a definition for "try hard" and see how they are missing the mark.  

At least she is at a gym.  I just got a text from a neighbor wondering if we will get a refund on our monthly fees due to it being closed for the duration of COVID.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think that some people perceive discomfort as "trying". 

They don't like the food but they eat it = trying.

That they did not try the part about portion size or how many times a day to eat does not seem to enter their consciousness. They ate the food that they didn't like, so they tried. Sometimes I think they get on that scale and think "I had fifty meals that I didn't like last month! Why did I not lose weight?"

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

we've been using zoom for our women's AA meetings. It's a closed meeting thank goodness. Trolls starting interfering with the open AA meetings so they had to shut them down. What is wrong with people?

there are always hyenas and jackals. 

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Someone actually got a home scale?!

And her response is not "this will help me keep on track" but "I hope it's not accurate because I don't like what it says."

Is this 6 months or a year?

6 months IS a year to these people !!

Oh, wait it's not?!?!?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Twopper said:

At least she is at a gym.  I just got a text from a neighbor wondering if we will get a refund on our monthly fees due to it being closed for the duration of COVID.  

My gym is charging full membership, but they said they will upgrade everyone who sticks with them through this period to Elite.  My Mom's changed to half-rates.  I guess it depends place to place...

• Love 1

Did she just say "my mom isn't eating the right food, and that makes it a lot harder to lose weight."

Wait, Megan's mother ate the wrong food, and this keeps Megan from losing weight?? I would love to hear her internal rule book. Does she think she will go to jail if her mother commits a crime? 

• LOL 5
(edited)

So obviously I’m way behind, but sweet jebus these people are sad. “Food is the only thing that makes me feel like I want to feel.”

-when my dad tells me how proud he is of the person I’ve become

-when watching my little dog explore every sight and scent as we’re out for a walk on a beautiful day

-when an old friend calls me out of the blue just to catch up

-when I walk through the doors in the morning and the security guard says, “Good morning, beautiful!”

-when I see the lightbulb come on over a student’s head, and I know he or she has got it

Ok it may be awhile before I get those last two again, but there are so many things that make me feel the way I want to feel. I can’t imagine my only joy in life being stuffing myself with crap.

Edited by CringeWatcher
“goid” is not a word.
  • Love 10