Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Your doing better than I am where I live. All of that and more were pretty much wiped out two weeks ago, including pasta, ground beef and an apparent run on sauerkraut......... Don't ask!😊

Back to Megan: Is this chick even remotely interested in hitting her weight loss goal? Hell, I am way older than her and don't take any where near 12 medications.

Wiping out flour and yeast surprises me, too. 

You have to find it on the black market, which is hard to do when everyone is on house arrest!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Forty-one minutes later and literally nothing has happened on this show that I couldn't have predicted 42 minutes earlier.

1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I feel like there’s going to be a huge uptick in cases once states/cities lift the restrictions. I’m just going keep isolating. 

My friends keep calling and saying "When this is all over, let's hit the beach and go for drinks and and and." And I'm all "Uh... I'll click like on your pictures when they hit Facebook and IG, okay?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

he Earth's crust was cooling when I was born because I remember the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show!  

I wasn't a Beatle fan then so I skipped Ed Sullivan and watched The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh on Disney those 3 Sundays.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I saw the Carpenters in 19...when Karen Carpenter was alive. Was not my choice but was kinda enjoyable. First concert was a classical violinist when I was 14 but we won't go there to my deep dark childhood.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

she doesn't know the secret recipe for making crispy bacon.

From what I saw, neither does mom.

"I'm making squash."
"Did you put brown sugar and butter on it?"
"Yeah."

GAH!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

We watched Dirty Dancing again last week.   We are trying to watch some old movies in the midst of Love in the Time of Coronavirus.

The first episode of Netflix's The Movies that Made Us is about Dirty Dancing!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Concerned said:

Drive thrus are going to be the only restaurants to survive in America. Where I live McDonalds and Starbucks have long lines at the drive through. Even Papa John is making big money. Sit down restaurants are dead.

Our sit downs are offering curb service. They seem to be the  big chains, though. I don't know how the smaller places on campus are doing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Brown sugar and butter on the squash.

She needs to shut up about what her mother is eating!!!  If an alcoholic quits drinking,  the rest of the world continues to drink.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Mom's a Grub Hub kinda gal, I can tell.

Grub hub is so expensive though especially if youre only ordering for one person. Really all the delivery services like that are crazy expensive.

• Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

No, Megan, you don't have to 'stay on track just a little longer', you will need to watch what you eat for the rest of your life!

She doesn't want to understand that.  The "magic surgery" will conquer all!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Kid said:

Me too.  September 1964 Civic Arena in Pittsburgh!

1964, Indiana State Fair

My mantra is "70 is the new 30!" I chant it every day.

Edited by ShoePrincess
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
Just now, LizzyB said:

Hall and Oates at the Boston Garden in 1984.  Obstructed view seats, naturally (behind a pole, but I was still very excited).

I would have crawled over broken glass to see them but they were never anywhere I could see them!

• Love 2

You can see her eyes a little more now.  But unfortunately, the fat around her eyes are migrating to her forehead ala 1000 Pound Sister, the cliff is becoming very pronounced.  Yikes!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

My first concert was Guns n' Roses at the Roanoke Civic Center in '93. My mother didn't let me go to concerts when I was at home and I had to wait until I was at college to see a band live. Mom said she saw what went on at Woodstock. 🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I checked the listing for next week's show. It's someone named Ashley T who sounds like a good train wreck:

Ashley is 24 and lives alone; her only sources of comfort are food and the relationships she has online; but not a single one of her profiles is real; Ashley learns that Dr Now isn't someone she can lie to like her online friends.

Who am I kidding? It's likely to be a huge bore that, by 10:05 p.m., I'll have completely forgotten all about.