Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Half a generation older than you, but Led Zeppelin ROCKED!!!!  Traffic was a go to get high band!

Older than dirt here. I saw the Beatles live in concert.

Zeppelin does rock. And I loved Traffic. I listened to The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys today while organixing the freezer.

• Love 1

You guys are going to make me have nightmares about my Astronomy class which was calculus based, and made me sweat and have panic attacks. And still have dreams about since 1995.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

Not gonna lie though I could really go for some good wings right now. I cant wait to go get some good spicy wings when this is over. Or a good curry.

I'm going out for sushi when this is all over.  At least you can do wings or curry as takeout.  I feel like takeout sushi is risky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I still have my Dual turntable, Boston Acoustics speakers, and Pioneer receiver and CD changer. I'm old school

I downsized.  Everything high fidelity found a good home!  

• Love 1
Just now, 88Keys said:

I'm going out for sushi when this is all over.  At least you can do wings or curry as takeout.  I feel like takeout sushi is risky.

Stuffs closed unfortunately. Also if you take out wings they lose their crispyness.

Just now, ShoePrincess said:

Zeppelin does rock. And I loved Traffic. I listened to The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys today while organixing the freezer.

The Earth's crust was cooling when I was born because I remember the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show!  

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, parrotlover said:

I can find paper towels and toilet paper but not hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes

you can make your own sanitizer. One quart of water to 4 teaspoons of bleach.

Edited by DEG9
corrections
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I did, too, until he put out the single "Roll With It!"

It's actually a great song to drive to!  

And that voice ...

• Love 1

I think my most nightmare class was probably the first half of modern physics or electro-optical engineering. Those were really rough classes and I did not understand the math. 

• Love 1

Just made it to the first doc visit, and I have questions. 

1. Are there really very many people in their 40s and 50s who take 8 different prescriptions??? I take anxiety medication, that’s it. My mom is 70 and has zero prescriptions. Nada. No offense to anyone with actual health problems, but c’mon Dr N, it’s not like we all go to crap after 35.

2. Why is Megan so glib?

3. Is the mom related to Charlie? 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Mine was Cosmology, a 100-level Core* class taught by a guy who apparently thought we were all physics majors. I managed a D+. Called the registrar's office when I got my grades just to make sure it still counted for the Core requirement. (It did; major classes had to be a C or better, but Core requirements you just had to not fail.) No way was a retaking that one, either way. I would have taken Rocks for Jocks** or something rather than that.

*Liberal Arts school; we had a "Core Curriculum" with various requirements aside from your major.

**I'm not a jock

There's the doggie! Aw, cute doggie! (Weiner dog. It's just a nickname. Don't eat her.)

I had a summer class in 1987 Biology for the non-science major.  Had to take 3 credits of any science and Rocks for Jocks did not fit into my schedule.  Teacher was an MD from Mt Sinai Medical Center in NYC.  Thought we were all going to med school  I have never worked so hard for a three credit, non-major class in my life.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Me too.  September 1964 Civic Arena in Pittsburgh!

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Mom's high, she's just incredibly stupid.  

I can't believe she'll lose 30 lbs in 2 months, and end up in the 400's, and get surgery.   She still thinks WLS is the magic bullet, and she can stop working then.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, Otter said:

It's actually a great song to drive to!  

And that voice ...

YES!!!  I meant that I had not listened to Winwood for a while and got back into him when he put out "Roll With It".

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I ain't doin' shit when the restrictions get lifted. Because after the summer, come the fall, I totally expect a second wave of this stuff to happen so I'm just gonna keep the social distancing up until... I don't know, when there's a reliable vaccine around my 40th birthday? (I'll be 37 this summer so...)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

The Earth's crust was cooling when I was born because I remember the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show!  

And some of my coworkers think I'm old when I say my first concert was Billy Idol's Rebel Yell tour.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, parrotlover said:

I can find paper towels and toilet paper but not hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes

Your doing better than I am where I live. All of that and more were pretty much wiped out two weeks ago, including pasta, ground beef and an apparent run on sauerkraut......... Don't ask!😊

Back to Megan: Is this chick even remotely interested in hitting her weight loss goal? Hell, I am way older than her and don't take any where near 12 medications.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Is mom high?

Yes. Yes she is. And do you blame her? In her shoes I'd be high as fuck just to get through the day. 

Once more, Megan is excited and can't wait. I bet she's ready to do whatever it takes. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

OK. I'm back. I watched Modern Family. There was a Dirty Dancing reference which did my babyhouseman heart good. 

We watched Dirty Dancing again last week.   We are trying to watch some old movies in the midst of Love in the Time of Coronavirus.

• Love 5

Wow, she really thought she would be approved!  I guess for her the actual magnitude of weight loss is unimportant, as long as she shows she is moving in the right direction.  But by that logic one bite of food is just as good as a giant plateful, it is, after all, eating.  So why doesn't she apply it to portion sizes? 

• Love 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

I ain't doin' shit when the restrictions get lifted. Because after the summer, come the fall, I totally expect a second wave of this stuff to happen so I'm just gonna keep the social distancing up until... I don't know, when there's a reliable vaccine around my 40th birthday? (I'll be 37 this summer so...)

I feel like there’s going to be a huge uptick in cases once states/cities lift the restrictions. I’m just going keep isolating. 

• Love 5
(edited)

An off topic tip.   If you can't find regular ground beef, the frozen hamburgers are pricey, but available.     My store has two brands of paper towels now, so things are improving.   

Are those moles or piercings on her face?    

I saw John Denver in concert twice.,    Rick Nelson played at Homecoming at my college, a few months before he died, and he was great.   

So Megan is searching the place to find Mommy's stash of food?    And she's the one that ordered the mega multi pack of Pizza, Wings, and Pasta.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

Me too.  September 1964 Civic Arena in Pittsburgh!

Me three, Summer of 65 Comiskey Park in Chicago.  I had Beatle gravel that I kept for waaay too long.  😄

• Love 2