Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Can you imagine if you’re daughter married into this family with all that has gone down and have to “break bread” with them? 
Peter standing up to his mom was too little too late and it wasn’t done with much conviction. He’ll never leave and cleave. 

With that level of enmeshment, I was shocked he said anything at all tbh. Barb is clearly unstable and it’s gonna take a while to “fix” the mess that is Peter because of it. She reminds me so much of my MIL, I’m actually twitching. My heart hurts for Peter and Madi. 

Even if he had stuck it out with Hannah Ann, Barb would have drove her crazy. She’s the type to wear her wedding dress to her son’s wedding 100%. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

I've been saying all season that Hannah is just a girl and not mature enough for the role she was playing.  But dang, gotta give it to her.  She's actually more of a man that Peter is.  I hope Madi follows Hannah's lead and leaves Peter hanging.

Hannah Ann is a child (to me) but she's incredibly beautiful and she showed herself so well on this episode.  I'm glad she's not the Bach because she's way too young!  And even the show knows it.  

I really like Madison's voice.  It's so pleasant and sexy.  Is she also 24?  LOL how old is she.  I can't stand how she constantly does this whole placing of the hair and licking her lips thing throughout every supposedly emotional moment.

Wow I'm still watching and Barbara is getting WORSE AND WORSE HAHA OH MY GOD WOW WOWO WOW WOW WOW OW WOW WOW WOW WOW.  This is like Jerry Springer!  

I don't hate Peter.  I think he's kind of a loser, and he's too skinny, and he's a baby, but I don't hate him.  I feel so bad for him 😞 That awful mother oh my god.  Run baby, run.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Never liked Peter. I thought he was a bad bachelor choice from the beginning largely because of his dynamic with his parents. It always came off as unhealthy. Then I read they were all wannabe actors. All leading to this mess tonight. What an awful choice by TPTB. I put it all on them. This family needs to be in a therapist office.

• Love 10

I actually think that Barb hurt HA tonight. She stole the spotlight. Instead of everyone talking about what Peter did to HA, everyone is talking about how crazy Barb is. 

HA must be pissed. She stayed, knowing she was his second choice. She wanted that influencer life. She should get it now, if Barb didn’t ruin it for her.

• Love 7

MY PVR CUT OFF WHILE CLARE WAS TALKING GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING BARBARA YOU RUINED IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

okay the show came back.  That was weird.

OK I didn't miss any shots of new guys.  Thank god.  Sorry for the over-Barbara-reaction.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I can't believe Peter just sat there silent during Lord Farquaads' tirade. 

Prince Harry gave up a whole title for his woman and he couldn't even ask his to please be quiet.

That's the romcom I want to see 😞  Even though we all just saw it.  When are they going to adapt this for Hollywood IT'S SO GOOD!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Was Neil Lane just there as a red herring, or was Peter really planning to propose until Barb went full monster-in-law on Madison? Would've been a terrible idea but Peter's judgment so far hasn't been the best...

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Dejana said:

Was Neil Lane just there as a red herring, or was Peter really planning to propose until Barb went full monster-in-law on Madison? Would've been a terrible idea but Peter's judgment so far hasn't been the best...

LOL Jane Fonda in Monster-in-Law has NOTHING on Barbara.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I can't believe Peter just sat there silent during Lord Farquaads' tirade. 

Prince Harry gave up a whole title for his woman and he couldn't even ask his to please be quiet.

Or rather, the work that went with that title...😂

But Peter is a baby in an adult body. His defense was way little, too late. I can understand why he is the way he is, though. What a nightmare of a mother. He will need a lot of therapy to ever deal with her and have a normal marriage. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

A few questions...

How long were they back in the US before HannahAnn and Peter broke up?

How long before tonight did CH go see Madi?

When HannahAnn said it was a red flag that Peter reached out to Hannah B, did she mean during the beginning of the season or after they were engaged?

1.  About one month

2.  Two weeks

3.  Beginning of season

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Still watching, but wow, Peter seems checked out of this whole thing, even sitting next to Madison. "Are you in love with Madison?" Long pause..."Yeah."

Do you want to give this relationship a real shot?" "I think we should just take it one day at a time.." Madison looked not super thrilled with that response. For once, she's laying it all on the line and he seems hesitant.

Is he just subdued with his mom shooting daggers at him? Dude.

Why did Hannah stick around to watch this whole mess?

<The Soup voice>Stay out of it, Chris Harrison!</ The Soup voice>

ETA: Finished the episode. Yikes. Everyone else has said It better, so...yeah. That was unpleasant.

I don't understand Madison getting dragged back into this. The guy GOT ENGAGED to someone else. Who he slept with, who he said he loved (right? I kind of tuned out). Who he just said had the most beautiful soul of anyone he'd ever met. Hannah's right, Peter. Choose your words more carefully. They're meaningless at this point.

Crazy Babs and Dad should have kept their mouths shut and showed some tact and class, but they're probably not wrong. Given how uncomfortably close that family is, they probably do know how their son operates (lots and lots of sex. So much sex.) and how it is a tough match. But I don't see how it would work with Hannah either. 

They're coming to get you, Barbara. Social media folks, I mean. Lol, hope she's not big on Twitter. It's brutal and hilarious tonight.

There isn't anything wrong with Peter being a party-loving  horndog,  but he should never have tried to fake his way through a Bachelor season. Try again when you have your own apartment, Peter.

I would have had way more respect for Madison if she'd walked away. Good luck to her, I guess?

Both girls ended up in second place somehow. So odd.

I liked Hannah more tonight than I have all season. Of course she planned what she was going to say. And she made valid points. She's counting her blessings right now!

I half-watched Juan Pablo's season because he seemed like such a dick, and I've managed to avoid all BIP.  But I see a LOT of drama coming up. Just a feeling with Clare. But nice to FINALLY have a more mature lead.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 11

Well Peter, you don't have to go home... but you can't stay here. We're moving on as this wishy washy season of The Bachelor concludes as it began was in the middle and is now, not with a cheers but with an.... uh... "I guess?".

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

I just can’t get over the fact that Harrison schlepped all the way to bumfuck, Alabama to coax Madison into reuniting with Peter.  I had no idea the producers got involved to that extent. And given that Peter and Madison most likely broke up two minutes after they left the stage, what was the point? 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

So what was even the point of Kelly being there?

It surely went a little something like... "So Kelly, let's just move on here okay? If you're willing to come back and sit in the final audience like everything is all good we'll give you a slot on BiP."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Peters mom seems off her rails, her delivery sucks, she’s really dramatic and may have a disorder of some sort (although I loathe all the armchair and internet diagnoses), but she’s not wrong about Peter and Maddi. Not only are they not compatible, they don’t have the same values. It’s a disaster in the making. Barb knows her son wants to screw around and she knows he’s likely only interested in Maddi because he sees her as a challenge and he wants to see if he can be the one to get her to change her mind about the no sex thing.

But Maddi doesn’t care, because at the end of the day, she’s not into Peter. She’s trying to build her “brand” and gain social media followers. 

Edited by ShellsandCheese
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don’t believe Peter and Maddie are together. I think after he and Hannah broke up she was brought back to salvage the season. That’s why Chris  was the one who went to Ala. and Barb doesn’t have two fucxs to give. I think if any of this was real, Barbara would have been more amiable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I've seen every second of this show and all it's spinoffs and wedding specials, so I was really interested to see what was so different about this ending. Aaaaand...it was basically Jason / Melissa/ Molly redux  with a few minor alterations. But Jason MEANT it. This guy is an indecisive dweeb.

Hannah Ann came out smelling like a rose. Hope she ends up on Paradise.

Watching Peter's  mother's expressions was the best part of the show. Maddie came off cold and apparently rude to mom, but being shy, I can come across like that, too. Still, the mom is a nut.

Maddie will dump Peter like a hot potato once the cameras are gone. None of the issues she had were even addressed, and they're not going away.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 9

Madison to CH: "I'm so surprised to see you!"

Me: "In this staged house where you don't live?"

I wish Madison had just said "Peter who?" and not let herself get dragged back into this mess, but she handled herself very well against Barbzilla's vitriol. Hannah Ann was obviously rehearsed - she knew damn well when she accepted the proposal that it wasn't going to be her only engagement - but I still enjoyed her takedown of Peter. It would have been a much better season if she had been this feisty all along.

The Weber "men" are such wusses. I understand that trying to stand up to Barbzilla is scary, but there are three of them and only one of her. They need to stage an intervention and tell her to dial her involvement in her sons' lives back by 99.99%.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, GracieK said:

That entire rant was about how she was put out and how she had to wait.. what a selfish, self involved POS

I think Peter's mom has some sort of personality disorder and she is a b**ch.  However, I think it is rude to keep someone waiting for 3hrs and not offer an apology.  Yes, it was most likely production that delayed things but Maddie would've appeared very classy by saying,"  I was told to show up at [insert time].  I had no idea that you were waiting 3hrs for me.  I apologize."  Instead she just smirked.  This made Maddie seem ill-mannered and did not show her in a good light.  She didn't even deny anything that Mama Weber was saying and we all know she isn't afraid to stand up to people so Mama Weber's complaint must have been true. 

That being said, any woman who chooses to even date Peter or his brother after seeing this shit show must be out of their mind or have ulterior motives.  He comes from a highly dysfunctional family and it's very unlikely that Peter will grow up anytime soon.  

• Love 14

I wonder where Peter went to sleep after the show?  You just know that the moment he goes home, the pressure will start and Madison sure isn’t letting him sleep in her room.  

For his own mental well-being, he has to move out ASAP.   

And then there is his job.   Who would want to fly on a plane piloted by this spineless wuss?   His coworkers won’t be too happy either.  

I wonder if mama Weber works?   Will be pretty awkward there for a while.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, nutty1 said:

A few questions...

How long were they back in the US before HannahAnn and Peter broke up?

How long before tonight did CH go see Madi?

When HannahAnn said it was a red flag that Peter reached out to Hannah B, did she mean during the beginning of the season or after they were engaged?

6 hours ago, tinderbox said:

1.  About one month

2.  Two weeks

3.  Beginning of season

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I thought I picked up some context clues that were different, but maybe I’m mistaken. I thought Hannah said the proposal was November, and it’s been 3 months since then for their Very Special Breakup. Chris had Peter confirm that it’s been a month since the Very Special Reunion with Madison, and they haven’t seen each other since. That means, after the breakup, Harrison immediately went to Auburn and brought Madison back to see Peter. This probably explains why Peter was expecting Harrison. He JUST dumped his fiancé and was expecting to film a Very Special Sitdown but instead here’s Madi in the wake of his first relationship ending.

ETA: Oh, and the Hannah Brown “closure request” definitely happened while he was engaged to Hannah Ann. HA had the brilliant line of there being three women in their engagement—that he was still hung-up on both Madison and Hannah B, too. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13

Barb was in idiot to think she could whisper orders to Pete Sr. In Spanish and no one would hear or understand.  

a, she is miked

b, People magazine helpfully wrote a whole article to make sure everyone knew what she said. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

The Weber "men" are such wusses. I understand that trying to stand up to Barbzilla is scary, but there are three of them and only one of her. They need to stage an intervention and tell her to dial her involvement in her sons' lives back by 99.99%.

They’re too far gone. Daddy knows he’ll pay alimony for life if he leaves the she beast, Peter is already too damaged to function in real life, and it appears she groomed the creepy little one as her henchman. Looks like he stands by her and holds her hand when hub and Bub make the odd break for some personal time and Barb uses the tracking devices she placed on their card to hunt them down.

What.The.Hell. What sort of person would be picked up at line dancing, then go home withPeter for sex knowing both parents and younger brother were there? That’s just so messed up. Sick freaks.

Barbara sounds like a character in an Ann Rule book. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, PhysNerd said:

I think Peter's mom has some sort of personality disorder and she is a b**ch.  However, I think it is rude to keep someone waiting for 3hrs and not offer an apology.  Yes, it was most likely production that delayed things but Maddie would've appeared very classy by saying,"  I was told to show up at [insert time].  I had no idea that you were waiting 3hrs for me.  I apologize."  Instead she just smirked.  This made Maddie seem ill-mannered and did not show her in a good light.  She didn't even deny anything that Mama Weber was saying and we all know she isn't afraid to stand up to people so Mama Weber's complaint must have been true. 

That being said, any woman who chooses to even date Peter or his brother after seeing this shit show must be out of their mind or have ulterior motives.  He comes from a highly dysfunctional family and it's very unlikely that Peter will grow up anytime soon.  

But I think in the context of a TV show, sit around and wait is fairly normal.  And also it isn't her relationship, so if we are talking about the two of them taking some time to talk--well, then they should be able to talk before Madi is thrown in front of psycho MIL, imo.  They were just plain mean to her anyway--no matter what she did, because she isn't precious HA.  lol

• Love 11

It's the next morning and Barb still sucks.

Peter -- I've lived in Auburn! It's very nice there!  It's not far from Major Delta Hub Atlanta! Way cheaper than LA!

Time to move out of your parents' house anyway, doofus. Move to Auburn or an equivalent town regardless of how things go with Madi. You can line dance anywhere.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, rebel2u said:

How much work has Claire had done to her face?  (Yes, I'm snarking early, even before the season has begun.  Somebody stop me.) 

agreed, lots and lots of filler. but that girl really wants to find love, so bring the silver foxes on:)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, alexa said:

But I think in the context of a TV show, sit around and wait is fairly normal.  And also it isn't her relationship, so if we are talking about the two of them taking some time to talk--well, then they should be able to talk before Madi is thrown in front of psycho MIL, imo.  They were just plain mean to her anyway--no matter what she did, because she isn't precious HA.  lol

Are we sure the wait was Madi's idea?  It could have been a production thing and Madi didn't even know. Did Barb have an appointment somewhere?

Or maybe some people assume after a flight that long, people want some time to shower, stretch their legs, get something to eat, etc.  

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Are we sure the wait was Madi's idea?  It could have been a production thing and Madi didn't even know. Did Barb have an appointment somewhere?

Or maybe some people assume after a flight that long, people want some time to shower, stretch their legs, get something to eat, etc.  

Oh, I agree, I don't really believe the mom.  I was just responding to the other post.  I think the 3 hours probably had nothing to do with Madi.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I just can’t get over the fact that Harrison schlepped all the way to bumfuck, Alabama to coax Madison into reuniting with Peter.  I had no idea the producers got involved to that extent. And given that Peter and Madison most likely broke up two minutes after they left the stage, what was the point? 

honestly, it was so terribly disjointed and wierd, it reminded me of a danielle steele novel....if Peter wants Madi like Colton wanted Cassie, he should go and chase her. Hannah ann awkwardly steps in the house and announces "oh its been a month since weve seen each other" (peter is a pilot and has his own plane-wut?). Madi walks on stage to see peter (oh we havent spoken since ). and most pathetically, a move I did in high school asking a friend to talk to someone I like--Chris harrison going to see Madi.

I truly thought when Madi came out, Mommy would pretend to hug her, etc just because she was on national tv. the fact that she couldnt restrain herself, and picked on this poor girl just shows the level of craziness. I dont think the producers ever expected her to be such a lunatic and the whole "live show" thing got away from them. (all those people who never got to speak---was hannah brown there )? oh and one more thing---it sounds like Peter had to see hannah brown while he was engaged to hannah ann? I didnt care for hannah ann but wow. and peters sweaty pathetic tears and face.....run Madi Run!!!!

Edited by nlkm9
mistake
  • Love 8

Twitter is fascinating today.  Let's just say there is not much love for Barb other than making fun of her.  I also noticed several people reminding her that she had already met and liked Madi on that first one on one date, and there is footage to prove it, lol!  I guess she forgot she had already met her?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I’m still not sure of the Hannah Brown comment. I think HA meant the beginning of the season, which was why she said that should have been a red flag. But seriously, if it was after they were engaged? OMG. That makes this shit show even more shitty. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

53 minutes ago, alexa said:

Oh, I agree, I don't really believe the mom.  I was just responding to the other post.  I think the 3 hours probably had nothing to do with Madi.

I would think it would be up to Peter to take the lead and apologise to his mother.  I think the complaint was just another example of how mom would expect Madison to behave.  Oh, Peter was out partying all weekend and didn't do... (fill in the blank), well, as his wife, you are responsible, so grovel and beg my forgiveness.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Just Carol said:

This is turning into the best season EVAH!!  Hannah Ann has a personality!  Snappy comebacks, coherent statements, self-determination!   

Question: how come when TB breaks up with their finances, the ladies wear baby blue?  Becca and now Hannah Ann.  

Shoutout to Robert Reed, I mean Mr Webber and his dyed mustache, and Barb for her coif to sit in the audience and see what the result of their helicopter parenting.

Also, is it weird that during the FaceTime, Barb called HA her"daughter."  That is weird, right?

Anyone who marries this guy will be crazy. He must have to ask his mother if he can land a plane.  His mother is sick, and has infantilized him.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GracieK said:

This assumes that Mama Psycho’s version is even accurate. I can’t give the benefit of the doubt to someone who clearly cannot conduct themselves with an ounce of composure and maturity. I suspect her perception of things and her recall is OFTEN skewed, dishonest, and colored to support her delusions and emotional instability. All of her emotions - happiness, anger, sadness, worry - are overly exaggerated so I am going to garner so is her perception of whatever takes place around her. And she’s a professional victim. She seems extremely toxic to me and I applaud Maddie for not being sucked into it because denials or reasoning would only fuel her mania. 

My mother-in-law and my husband's aunt were both like this. Sharp tongued and conniving women. Skewering everything by their weird outlook.  ALL women run from this family and do not marry into it.  Peter does not have the balls to stand up to her and behave when a man.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 5

all those people who never got to speak---was hannah brown there 

No she wasn't. Hannah's actually in Jupiter with Tyler and his family and friends. And no, that's not starting any romance rumors. Seems like she's just being a friend and supporting him after his mom's death. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Well, well, well, mama Weber didn't do herself any favours tonight but one thing I will say, after voicing her complaints about Madi (waiting for 3 hours, not apologizing etc etc), Madi never addressed any of it, she just had this smug expression on her face and a smirk which makes me think there's more to this than meets the eye and Madi isn't necessarily an innocent little flower in this car crash series of events but I guess we'll never know for sure. It just strikes me odd that mama Weber would like HA so much and loathe Madi.

Trashing her son's chosen candidate was never going to achieve anything other than make her look like a classless nutcase.  At the end of the day I agree with her that this relationship will never last so why all the aggro, just sit back and watch it blow up and then you can have your precious son back.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, Juniperjen said:

Last night also makes me see the first one-on-one date very differently. At the time the vow renewal seemed sweet. Knowing Barb’s narcissism now, you know that entire situation was manufactured by her. She had to make the focus on her somehow, so Peter’s first one-on-one date was not about him getting to know someone better, it was focused on his mom.

OMG, so much this!!

Barb manufactured an entire event with all of their "loving friends" to make his first date all about her.  Wow.  I hadn't thought about that until you pointed it out! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6