Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

Word on the street is that Peter and Kelly were "together" over Super Bowl weekend, right after he broke up with Hannah Ann. Apparently, Pete's jester brother spilled the beans to his friends about that one, and his brother and Barb have mysteriously been following Kelley on Insta too. So its no wonder why Peter didn't high-tail it to Auburn to reunite with his true love Madi. 

Madison and Peter are toast. That they hadn't met after the pool reunion shows how fake and made for tv their status is now. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Word on the street is that Peter and Kelly were "together" over Super Bowl weekend, right after he broke up with Hannah Ann. Apparently, Pete's jester brother spilled the beans to his friends about that one, and his brother and Barb have mysteriously been following Kelley on Insta too. So its no wonder why Peter didn't high-tail it to Auburn to reunite with his true love Madi. 

Madison and Peter are toast. That they hadn't met after the pool reunion shows how fake and made for tv their status is now. 

Hmmmm.  And wasn't Kelly the one he hooked up with before the Bachelor started shooting?

Petey's mom sure likes her... for now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Hmmmm.  And wasn't Kelly the one he hooked up with before the Bachelor started shooting?

Petey's mom sure likes her... for now.

For now are the key words.  Noone stands a chance with Barb.  lol.  But this all makes the Madi thing more stupid.  Why hate on someone that you know Peter isn't even with.  Just go along with it--it makes her even look worse as she was privy to this info.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, alexa said:

For now are the key words.  Noone stands a chance with Barb.  lol.  But this all makes the Madi thing more stupid.  Why hate on someone that you know Peter isn't even with.  Just go along with it--it makes her even look worse as she was privy to this info.

Mothers of grown sons are supposed to know to keep their opinions of girlfriends to themselves unless asked. And when asked, find something positive to say.  Don't  lie, don't gush, just come up with an honest compliment, while staying non-judgmental.  Anything more comes across as being too pushy, and most sons will react by doing the exact opposite of what you push them to do.

• Love 7

Kelly seemed one of the most mature, sensible, above-all-the-ridiculousness-this-season-had-to-offer grown women of them all.  WTH would she see in such a horndog namby-pamby momma's boy?  He is not a catch by any stretch of the imagination.  And throw in his family.  That would make me a Gold Medalist Sprinter in running as fast as I could away from that man-child.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Reality Steve said Peter hooking up with Kelly is one of the many rumors he’s heard. He really thinks Peter is a true man whore. 
Madi.... run. Run fast. And far!!

I think she has already ran?  lol

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Kelly seemed one of the most mature, sensible, above-all-the-ridiculousness-this-season-had-to-offer grown women of them all.  WTH would she see in such a horndog namby-pamby momma's boy?  He is not a catch by any stretch of the imagination.  And throw in his family.  That would make me a Gold Medalist Sprinter in running as fast as I could away from that man-child.

I get the sense she just likes to look like "she won" type.  So in the end when it comes down to really wanting to be with Peter and his mom, she will be out of there soon.  I mean if she found the bachelor house annoying, how could she tolerate Peter's family for the long term?  lol

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Am I the only one who liked Meredith? Ian is still my favorite "winner."

I loved Meredith.  I think she was one of the more "real" contestants on this show.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

As awful as Barbara is, she is the only person with personality on the show. This is like a "Peter coming of age" show, which, sadly, still hasn't happened for him. With his effeminate brother, and parents clutching on to each other's inner thigh, they will have to wait til the folks die to get married.  

If by personality you mean deep-seated mental problems...

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 3/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, lizajane said:

Well well well. My esteem for Hannah Ann just grew 10 sizes. She has matured from this experience and dodged a cannon ball. And best of all, she articulated her feelings very clearly. I don't even care if she was reading off of cue cards.

That was quite the scowl Peter's mama had going on. She is just pissed that she didn't get her way. Having said that, I predict this relationship is going to tank.

It was excruciating listening to the dialogue between Pete and Maddy. I hope that somebody can donate a thesaurus to her, as there are lots of other wonderful words in the English language besides 'like' and 'literally'.

Peter needs to move out of his parents house and grow the fuck up. He is perfect material for BIP or maybe LineDWTS.

My recording cut off Clare's segment so hope there wasn't much to miss, but can honestly say that I am looking forward to seeing how things turn out for her and hope there are at least a few decent guys for her to choose from.

Me too but I’m disappointed there aren’t more older contestants for her, which would’ve been a nice change. Most are 30 or under. 

I cannot believe Peter still lives at home! What is the deal? He has a full-time job. No wonder his mother has such a hold over him. 

I was also distracted by Madison’s mouth movements. I wonder if it’s a nervous habit? It certainly couldn’t have been easy for her sitting up there listening to Mommy Dearest castigate her. 

They’re too far gone. Daddy knows he’ll pay alimony for life if he leaves the she beast, Peter is already too damaged to function in real life, and it appears she groomed the creepy little one as her henchman. Looks like he stands by her and holds her hand when hub and Bub make the odd break for some personal time and Barb uses the tra

Yep,, in NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) land they’re called “flying monkeys.” 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 10

Why on earth would any woman want this guy? He is an immature Mama's boy and speaking of Mama, there's another reason to run for the hills. 

Barb? You might want to loosen those apron strings just a tad and maybe take some acting lessons because your fake cry is probably the worst I've ever seen. Maybe keep a little piece of onion in your purse?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Thank you @butterbean1 for a thoughtful and insightful post. My sympathies on your mother, but good on you for understanding her disease and being able to cope.

My only thought as to why this family hates on Madison is that she has made it clear she won't have sex with Peter. His parents are the ones who gave cheers and fist pumps when it was revealed he effed Hannah Brown four times on her season, whereas if I were his mum, I'd be mortified. Seems bro is all in with the let's-have-sex thing too.0 minutes of filming that included me. Who will Barb find to blame when she gets her own reality show and has to sit and wait and sit and wait and sit and wait ...

Agree and also think Barb has disdain (at a minimum) and possibly hostility towards Madison’s Christian faith. When she called Madison “religious” it sounded like a pejorative. She also referred to herself as “spiritual” and sounded like she was trying to one-up Madison. 

I also didn’t understand why Madison didn’t tell Peter sooner about not wanting to be intimate before marriage. I think she should’ve expressed her feelings about this before she discussed him possibly sleeping with the other women. 

Sterling my mother is NPD mixed with BPD. We have no contact. I lived (and still feel) your pain. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I think it's because Madi stood up to Barb, plain and simple.  Likely, nobody in her house does that.  And since Barb hates her, husband and other son are required to also.  

Yes. You do not stand up to, argue with, contradict or correct the narcissist. If you do, you will pay. And if anyone else backs you up, they will pay too. 

Just ask my mother. : (

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, deSchenke said:

This was a sad mess of a season.  Peter was not suitable as “The Bachelor”.  I suspect it was his upbringing (ya think?!).

The first couple of episodes were spent by him lamenting time (or lack thereof) with Hannah B.  The first group date was actually cancelled because of his interactions with HB.

Then he threw Sydney under the bus with demanding she name names of who wasn’t there for the right reasons.

He put himself in the middle of the drama between Alehia and Victoria P.  Eliminated Aleia (how does she spell her name anyway?), only to bring her back during a group date.  Then he gives Aleaia the group date rose!!!  How insulting to the girls in the group date who were battered and bruised from the soccer match.  A rejectee got THEIR rose!  Even though she was accepted as coming back - now she gets a free pass to the next level.  Only to be sent home because poor Peter didn’t like how the other girls were treating her.  Well, Peter, you put her in this position - own up to it!

A mopey pool party with Chris Harrison announcing, “Peter went home”.  It sounds like a child grabbing his toys and going home because the game didn’t go his way.

Another cancelled cocktail party. Then the 2-on-1 date with MacKenna and Tammy.  He kept MacKenna only to send her home at the Rose Ceremony 5 minutes later.  Why - what was the logic there?!!!

Victoria F there far longer than any logic would imply - other than he wanted to bang her.  She couldn’t even look him in the eye when she spoke.  And he didn’t even meet her family.

Then being so “conflicted” between two women.  Or was it 3, or 4?  Did he really reconnect with Hannah B after being engaged?  And can he really be a soulmate to anyone Barbara isn’t onboard with?

He was worse that Juan Pablo, or Jason Mesnick, or anyone else I can remember.

he threw sydney under the bus after he threw her under a table, making out with her--I wouldnt be surprised if they had sex, and she was dumped that nite. at least juan pablo knew he was a jerk. ha

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Word on the street is that Peter and Kelly were "together" over Super Bowl weekend, right after he broke up with Hannah Ann.

I wonder if Kelley and Barb bonded over making Peter's breakfast the next morning. That would explain Barb's gushing over her.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Does anyone else firmly believe that Peter's brother's posts about Madi are direct dictations from Batshit Barb?  

Also, I have been nauseous ever since viewing all the shirtless photos of the little Weber boys on the sweetnums Instagram account.  There's also an account @barbar.weber88 with a picture of little Bud's mom from 20 years ago.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Does anyone else firmly believe that Peter's brother's posts about Madi are direct dictations from Batshit Barb?  

Also, I have been nauseous ever since viewing all the shirtless photos of the little Weber boys on the sweetnums Instagram account.  There's also an account @barbar.weber88 with a picture of little Bud's mom from 20 years ago.

I wouldn’t doubt if she’s posting them directly because of course Barb would demand having “the kids’” passwords to keep them safe in cyberspace.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Me too but I’m disappointed there aren’t more older contestants for her, which would’ve been a nice change. Most are 30 or under. 

I cannot believe Peter still lives at home! What is the deal? He has a full-time job. No wonder his mother has such a hold over him. 

I was also distracted by Madison’s mouth movements. I wonder if it’s a nervous habit? It certainly couldn’t have been easy for her sitting up there listening to Mommy Dearest castigate her. 

Yep,, in NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) land they’re called “flying monkeys.” 

It looks like Madison had her teeth recently capped? Maybe why she keeps running her tongue over her teeth. I was happy on the final rose show her mascara was professional applied.

Peter likely lives at home because he loves the constant attention he gets. He seems to love attention and need adoration constantly, otherwise he becomes, "conflicted." I think it's common in the helicopter parent generation. His mom is super insecure that she can't bear her son marrying someone "better" than her, or likely to judge her for not being virgin. The way Peter's mom clutched onto her husband's crotch the whole time, makes me think she needs lots of sexual attention and reassurance she's desirable. 

Regardless of Peter's generation, it's very very difficult, if not impossible, to have a relationship when there is codependency. For anyone, regardless of age. Peter needs a sugar momma. Someone that can support him financially, give him tons of attention, and take him out and entertain him. He seems to need constant stimulation. 

Most bachelors in the past were financially stable, educated, successful, and independent. Lets get back to that. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

It looks like Madison had her teeth recently capped? Maybe why she keeps running her tongue over her teeth. I was happy on the final rose show her mascara was professional applied.

Peter likely lives at home because he loves the constant attention he gets. He seems to love attention and need adoration constantly, otherwise he becomes, "conflicted." I think it's common in the helicopter parent generation. His mom is super insecure that she can't bear her son marrying someone "better" than her, or likely to judge her for not being virgin. The way Peter's mom clutched onto her husband's crotch the whole time, makes me think she needs lots of sexual attention and reassurance she's desirable. 

Regardless of Peter's generation, it's very very difficult, if not impossible, to have a relationship when there is codependency. For anyone, regardless of age. Peter needs a sugar momma. Someone that can support him financially, give him tons of attention, and take him out and entertain him. He seems to need constant stimulation. 

Most bachelors in the past were financially stable, educated, successful, and independent. Lets get back to that. 

I too wish there were some older contestants for claire, wondering if they cast them younger for bachelor pad cast off casting.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

Even if Barb was correct in knowing that Peter and Madison would not make it, big deal.  It's not like they were walking down the aisle imminently. I know it was all a big show and they probably don't even speak anymore.  But if they simply wanted to explore a relationship, what's it to her?  If it flops, it flops.  People break up all the time.  She certainly could haves shown a little bit of grace and decorum on freaking national TV.  She may have single-handedly ruined any future relationship he might have had simply by her histrionics.  One of his bring-home line dancing ditzes might feel comfortable there.  But I'm sure any strong, smart woman would avoid this guy (and his mommy) like the plague.

You know, I’m getting the impression that you’re one of those girls who wouldn’t go home with a guy with pubic facial hair and have sex in his family home where his  parents and equally doofy pubic hair bearded brother all live. You would refuse to give poor Barb the deets on all the sex and would refuse to be brought home some other night by the creepy baby brother. You’re as bad as that Madison girl! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

You know, I’m getting the impression that you’re one of those girls who wouldn’t go home with a guy with pubic facial hair and have sex in his family home where his  parents and equally doofy pubic hair bearded brother all live. You would refuse to give poor Barb the deets on all the sex and would refuse to be brought home some other night by the creepy baby brother. You’re as bad as that Madison girl! 

Yeah, I have this mental image of Mama Weber and the random "hussy of the night"  in the kitchen, Mama asking the details of their sexual escapades so that she knows what to make him for breakfast, if he'll need the whole bacon-eggs-toast thing, or will he be OK with just a muffin.  Because that's what women are meant for - having sex with, and then cooking up some grub.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Yes I agree. And at the time of the ATFR, Melissa already knew they were done. She didn’t know  they’d be trotting Molly out. 
It all worked out. They’re both happily married.  Jason and Molly have a lovely family and Melissa went back to her ex boyfriend and they have 3 or 4 kids. 

What I find interesting is that Jason, Arie and Peter chose the lady their family wanted and then had a change of heart. So much for the family’s input.

Just read that  they decided not to pursue a relationship. I believe Stevie Wonder saw that coming.

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

The official social media statements:

Barb got everyone talking about her, so I guess that's a win in her mind? Peter and Madison were probably never going to work under any circumstance, but he seemed pretty dazed by his mother's antics on AFTR. He surely knows about her continuing to trash Madison even after the show when the "relationship" was probably already over. Everything might go back to "normal" for the Weber family in a week, but I don't know...

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dejana said:

The official social media statements:

*faints* Between this and the coronavirus I feel like the walls are caving in on us. If you can't believe producer made and driven reality tv stars can find love what do you have left in this crazy world? See you on BiP!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I'm guessing Madison just didn't want to fake things so that's why the news came out last night.  Plus maybe the reddit rumor that she's already talking to a new guy is true.

Peter can go back to hooking up with Kelley, the producer and million others.

Hannah Ann is the big winner in all this.   She got to do the publicity tour (saw her on Ellen) and now can go to Paradise and have her pick of Clare's rejects.   Nice.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I'm guessing Madison just didn't want to fake things so that's why the news came out last night.  Plus maybe the reddit rumor that she's already talking to a new guy is true.

Peter can go back to hooking up with Kelley, the producer and million others.

Hannah Ann is the big winner in all this.   She got to do the publicity tour (saw her on Ellen) and now can go to Paradise and have her pick of Clare's rejects.   Nice.

Usually the contestants leave this show as "hot properties" in the Tinder world, but I don't know about Peter.  Thanks to Barb, the quality women will be running the other way.  Maybe it isn't too late for him and Victoria?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Usually the contestants leave this show as "hot properties" in the Tinder world, but I don't know about Peter.  Thanks to Barb, the quality women will be running the other way.  Maybe it isn't too late for him and Victoria?

Only if Victoria sees him as a challenge.  She seems like that type of person who gets a thrill off of getting a committed person to stray.  Getting a smug thrill off of pretending to be a friend to the person being cheated on, enjoying the excitement of sneaking around, and when the affair finally comes out in the open she ends it.  It's no longer fun, the guy doesn't seem desirable anymore, people are mad at her and calling her names, but in the back of her mind she's counting it all up as a win.  She's proved that she's got something that the little woman at home doesn't have.  It's a nice power trip.

Peter would be a whole new game.  He's a man-whore who would consider Victoria another notch on his manly belt of conquests.  Where's the fun in that?  He doesn't have a wife or girlfriend that she can lure him away from.  He does have a weirdly over-involved mother, but mama would happily throw her into his bed, and snicker with her the next morning.

The only way to 'win' would be to get Peter to put Victoria above his mother.  Not just for an evening, but really tell his mom to back off.  Like, Peter's got a new woman in his life that he can sleep with, make long term plans with that don't include Mommy, maybe even marry and have kids with.  That's a whole different playing field, and Vic might not want to put that kind of effort in unless she was really sure that she wanted Peter forever.

• Love 5

I’m kind of shocked that they didn’t choose Hannah Ann to be the bachelorette, after she was dumped on screen post engagement.  Also, I was a little disappointed that Madi took him back, if that was real.  She should have stood by her convictions.

on a shallow note, I don’t find Peter to be handsome and don’t know how he gets so many girls.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

This was a sad mess of a season.  Peter was not suitable as “The Bachelor”. 

15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Peter was as poor a choice as that South American soccer player guy was and what a mess that season was!!! As far as being financially stable, educated, etc. this guy was NONE of those things. And on top of everything else, his mother is a psycho so there's that too.

I remember reading where when the show first started, they were inundated with men wanting to be on. Now? Well, obviously the well is running dry with the shitty unwatchable assholes they've been featuring lately. What's next? A cruise by the local unemployment office and see who is hanging around and wants to be the next bachelor? A quick peek in the soup kitchen? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

Only if Victoria sees him as a challenge.  She seems like that type of person who gets a thrill off of getting a committed person to stray.  Getting a smug thrill off of pretending to be a friend to the person being cheated on, enjoying the excitement of sneaking around, and when the affair finally comes out in the open she ends it.  It's no longer fun, the guy doesn't seem desirable anymore, people are mad at her and calling her names, but in the back of her mind she's counting it all up as a win.  She's proved that she's got something that the little woman at home doesn't have.  It's a nice power trip.

Peter would be a whole new game.  He's a man-whore who would consider Victoria another notch on his manly belt of conquests.  Where's the fun in that?  He doesn't have a wife or girlfriend that she can lure him away from.  He does have a weirdly over-involved mother, but mama would happily throw her into his bed, and snicker with her the next morning.

The only way to 'win' would be to get Peter to put Victoria above his mother.  Not just for an evening, but really tell his mom to back off.  Like, Peter's got a new woman in his life that he can sleep with, make long term plans with that don't include Mommy, maybe even marry and have kids with.  That's a whole different playing field, and Vic might not want to put that kind of effort in unless she was really sure that she wanted Peter forever.

What about Peter Sr.  He would be a notch for her.

36 minutes ago, Guiltypleasure25 said:

I’m kind of shocked that they didn’t choose Hannah Ann to be the bachelorette, after she was dumped on screen post engagement.  Also, I was a little disappointed that Madi took him back, if that was real.  She should have stood by her convictions.

on a shallow note, I don’t find Peter to be handsome and don’t know how he gets so many girls.

The show was still in progress when Chris went after Madi (unlike every other guy who went with choice #2 and reached out themselves).  Maybe once she realized what a loser Peter was, it was too late for her to turn down the show.

Hell, the show even brought Neil Lane in... did they seriously think that there would be a proposal?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Chris H talked Madison into coming on the show so they could have the "most dramatic ending." There was probably a clause in her contract that she had to appear. She wisely went along with showing up, listening to what Peter had to say, and agree to date him. 3 days later she says, ok, I did what was required,  now get this man-whore away from me (though she would never use those words).

Good luck to Hannah Ann and to Madison. And now Peter is free to go on Bachelor in paradise,  unless it gets cancelled. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I certainly hope that they don't decide on a Peter for Bachelor 2.0 to give him his "happy ending"!  Let him go back home to Mommy, never to be seen on Bachelor World again!

I suspect we'd get Brad 3.0 before we get Peter 2.0.

And if he goes on BiP (assuming they have it this year), he'd better not give mom the address.  You just know she'd be down there giving her son advice.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

People has an article and pictures showing Madi hanging out with Selena Gomez.

THIS (and more instagram followers, and possible product endorsements, etc) is why people want to be on The Bachelor/Bachelorette.  Love is way down on the list.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I remember reading where when the show first started, they were inundated with men wanting to be on. Now? Well, obviously the well is running dry with the shitty unwatchable assholes they've been featuring lately. What's next? A cruise by the local unemployment office and see who is hanging around and wants to be the next bachelor? A quick peek in the soup kitchen? 

To be fair, people with good jobs typically can’t just take 2 months off from work to be on TV. This is how we get Chicken Enthusiasts, Dog Lovers, Pantsoprenuers, and lots of “Former” (fill-in-the-blank).

20 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I certainly hope that they don't decide on a Peter for Bachelor 2.0 to give him his "happy ending"!  Let him go back home to Mommy, never to be seen on Bachelor World again!

I vote for stranding Peter and Hannah Brown together in the remote wilderness like a 2:1 date. Please, Show. These are NOT “fan favorites.” We don’t care about their journeys—unless it’s seeing them shivering together on an iceberg as the camera crew flies away in their helicopter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Hell, the show even brought Neil Lane in... did they seriously think that there would be a proposal?

Hell, no. They brought out Neil Lane, and his briefcase, only to tease the audience, especially those who'd read the spoilers that said Peter would propose on ATFR.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1