Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

On 3/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, Mswldflwr said:

Kelly seemed one of the most mature, sensible, above-all-the-ridiculousness-this-season-had-to-offer grown women of them all.  WTH would she see in such a horndog namby-pamby momma's boy?  He is not a catch by any stretch of the imagination.  And throw in his family.  That would make me a Gold Medalist Sprinter in running as fast as I could away from that man-child.

I don't watch the show, so I have been wondering why he was ever even chosen to be the bachelor. Did all of this just come out this season?  Nothing like a mama's boy and. a psycho mother.  I did look up the episode where the mother meets matty for the 1st time, and mom says my son is a horn dog partier and I don't want him to change. L o l  Some standards!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I don't watch the show, so I have been wondering why he was ever even chosen to be the bachelor. Did all of this just come out this season?  Nothing like a mama's boy and. a psycho mother.  I did look up the episode where the mother meets matty for the 1st time, and mom says my son is a horn dog partier and I don't want him to change. L o l  Some standards!

It was just that stupid "We did it FOUR TIMES!!!" from Hannah B. Jeez, if your criteria for the Bachelor is just a guy who has lots of sex, I'm sure there's lots out there who has moved out of mama's house at least. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

It was just that stupid "We did it FOUR TIMES!!!" from Hannah B. Jeez, if your criteria for the Bachelor is just a guy who has lots of sex, I'm sure there's lots out there who has moved out of mama's house at least. 

lol, I don't think it was just the four times in a windmill. Although your comment is hilarious. Peter had a great edit during Hannah's season. With crazy Luke and cheating Jed, he was one of the contestants who came out smelling like roses. 

There was no drama with him, the other guys all seemed to like him and Hannah had nothing but good things to say about him. Hell she cried letting him go at Final 3 far more than she did letting Tyler go at the FRC. 

And while his parents did come across a wee bit weird with all the four times in windmill cheering and mom boo-hooing like someone died at the ATFR, people just thought they were this endearing family that really loved their son.

Plus and this was a big plus, Peter was a rare contestant who was fully gainfully employed. In fact he even went back to this job while Hannah's season was airing. So all these factors I believe contributed to their thinking he'd be a good Bachelor. 

And okay, Tyler also didn't want the gig, which also further secured it for Peter. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Well I guess a rumor I thought I heard somewhere (when this season started) that said Peter didn't end up with anyone in the end was right. Or did I dream that? I don't know.

What's bothering me now is that finally they will have Clare as the bachlorette, and they are giving her such YOUNG men and only one older than her! Is that supposed to make her feel like an old hag and have her diminishing self esteem around them cause crying drama from her? How cruel! I think she'd do best with MANY older men to choose from! I think she'd find she likes them better! My favorite beau and relationship was 13 years older than me!

Edited by SassyCat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

What's bothering me now is that finally they will have Clare as the bachlorette, and they are giving her such YOUNG men and only one older than her!

Yeah you can see how they already have dropped the ball on the upcoming season with their selection of her pool of guys. The problem I'd guess was that any stable, gainfully employed, wiser and older 'contestants' were simply not in their recruitment pool.  Most have a serious job they can't take off from for a few months and/or don't need this show's "services". Hell, they might not even care about their social media presence! 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And if he goes on BiP (assuming they have it this year), he'd better not give mom the address.  You just know she'd be down there giving her son advice.

You know they are wanting barb to be on it! The drama!

• Love 2

Maybe with this corona virus thing going on and postponements of schedules, they can dig up some real men for Clare. Ones who are truly hoping to meet her and looking for real love themselves. She's looked upon as desirable by many men (not boys), and it would bring some real looking for love (not instagram account numbers) back into this show. That would be a real win win situation for all involved. People want to see happy endings in this screwed up world.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Am I the only one who thought that maybe if he had done it "right" the first time, he wouldn't have had to try 3 more timea?

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, alexa said:

I just can’t see how this one three hour issue needs to cause such hatred.  It sounds like they were focused on working on the relationship and it was probably needed before they stepped foot in the house to meet monster in law.  

I agree. I think Barb had issues with Madison long before this occurred. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree. I think Barb had issues with Madison long before this occurred. 

Remember Madison said she wasn't ready to accept a proposal from Barb's perfect boy.   Makes sense to me.  They hardly know each other and had some major lifestyle differences to overcome.  But to Mama Weber, that was probably a scathing insult that wouldn't be tolerated.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

lol, I don't think it was just the four times in a windmill. Although your comment is hilarious. Peter had a great edit during Hannah's season. With crazy Luke and cheating Jed, he was one of the contestants who came out smelling like roses. 

There was no drama with him, the other guys all seemed to like him and Hannah had nothing but good things to say about him. Hell she cried letting him go at Final 3 far more than she did letting Tyler go at the FRC. 

And while his parents did come across a wee bit weird with all the four times in windmill cheering and mom boo-hooing like someone died at the ATFR, people just thought they were this endearing family that really loved their son.

Plus and this was a big plus, Peter was a rare contestant who was fully gainfully employed. In fact he even went back to this job while Hannah's season was airing. So all these factors I believe contributed to their thinking he'd be a good Bachelor. 

And okay, Tyler also didn't want the gig, which also further secured it for Peter. 

Yeah, Peter has an actual job that was very easy for viewers to grasp as a real, substantial profession (as opposed to influencer/personal trainer/chicken enthusiast), and could also be worked into the show as a theme for the season. The average person presumes pilots, even accounting for nepotism, aren't completely stupid. Peter's a co-pilot/first officer most likely, but the starting salary at Delta is one a lot of twentysomethings wouldn't mind:

https://money.cnn.com/2016/03/29/news/companies/delta-pilots-pay-hike/index.html

Starting first officers at Delta today earn an average of about $68,000 in base pay, according to Kit Darby, an expert on pilot pay, while the most senior captains earn about $261,000. That's less than comparable pilots at United(UAL) and American (AAL), as well as those at major cargo carriers like FedEx(FDX) and UPS (UPS). But Delta has the best profit sharing program in the industry, which added nearly $40,000 to every pilot's pay last year, according to figures from Delta.

Peter wasn't a Firestone, but those days aren't coming back, so on paper, he seemed like a very good candidate for the show. People thought he was cute, virile and he had a glamorous job! It's just that he falls in love at the drop of a hat, has low emotional intelligence and still lives at home with an overbearing, overly involved mother, which has severely damaged his ability to make decisions about his personal life. It's the perfect storm for a bad Bachelor.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Guiltypleasure25 said:

I’m kind of shocked that they didn’t choose Hannah Ann to be the bachelorette, after she was dumped on screen post engagement.  Also, I was a little disappointed that Madi took him back, if that was real.  She should have stood by her convictions.

on a shallow note, I don’t find Peter to be handsome and don’t know how he gets so many girls.

I saw an interview with Chris Harrison on YouTube. He spoke favorably about Hannah A, but it sounded like they’d already selected Clare when Hannah stepped up her game. He intimated that Hannah would be on BIP and is a welcome part of Bachelor Nation, so perhaps they’ll select her as Bachelorette for another season. 

Wow, I figured Peter and Madison wouldn’t make it but the break-up happened even quicker than I expected.

I don’t think he has a chance at a healthy relationship with a woman until he moves out and distances himself from his overbearing mother. 

Has to be the center of attention, extreme emotions, manipulates everyone around her, has to control everyone around her, nothing is ever her fault, etc.  My mother has it and it is a nightmare to deal with someone with BPD.  Their world is centered around them and if you go against anything they say it is because you are trying to hurt them or purposely doing the opposite of what they want...not that you have a mind of your own.  They are exhausting.

There’s some crossover in the two disorders, because these are also NPD traits.

From mayocliinic.org:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration

Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people

Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior

Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations

Take advantage of others to get what they want

Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Be envious of others and believe others envy them

Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment

Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted

React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior

Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior

Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change

Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection

Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Edited by Sweet-tea
18 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

So happy to see these two!  Best season and best Bachelorette by far!  I'm no crier, but I was in tears at that proposal.  Wish they'd made it!

I l

always wonder f these long dating couples, if they just married instead of dating for years if  they may have worked out. who knows.

Edited by nlkm9
add
55 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Am I the only one who thought that maybe if he had done it "right" the first time, he wouldn't have had to try 3 more timea?

I just turned 40. The whole thing sounds exhausting to me. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

There’s some crossover in the two disorders, because these are also NPD traits.

There aren't really clear lines among personality disorders.   It's not uncommon for someone to have narcissistic, histrionic, and borderline traits, as these disorders are very close. 

Mama Weber certainly needs to learn to regulate her emotions better, and to have some understanding of how her outbursts impact other people.   It's OK to not approve of, or even dislike, your child's choice of partner -  it's not appropriate to yell those opinions out as though they are facts, in front of the couple, and in public.   She has no sense of how she applies rules to others  - like wanting an apology from Madison -  but not to herself, when she was the one behaving rudely.  Madison's big "crime"  was not being in love, wanting to talk to Peter before being grilled by his family, and having the audacity to allow Peter to have feelings for her that got in the way of him being committed to whom Mama wanted him to marry.   

I think Madison's view of saving sex for marriage was something Mama W couldn't handle.  this is a mother who celebrated her son's sexual exploits, allowed him to entertain women in his bedroom, and who allowed the show to insinuate that she and her husband were having sex in a car. To be faced with someone who believed that sex was more of a sacred thing to be reserved for love and marriage was an affront.  Mama saw it as a rejection of her own (lack of ) values.  She read into it that Madison was criticizing how Mama had raised Peter, when Madison had not done so. 

Mama liked the idea of her baby boy having three fantasy suite dates, and then choosing whoever was best in bed, while Madison wanted "true love"  to rule the decision.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I just realized that Peter's season ended like Hannah Brown's did.  They both "reunited" with someone who was not their F1 during the ATFR and similarly both of the reunited relationships were over within a couple of days.  

I wonder what IS in the contract.  If asked back to the show and asked to reunite, do they have to (until after the airing of AFTR)?

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Peter was as poor a choice as that South American soccer player guy was and what a mess that season was!!! As far as being financially stable, educated, etc. this guy was NONE of those things. And on top of everything else, his mother is a psycho so there's that too.

I remember reading where when the show first started, they were inundated with men wanting to be on. Now? Well, obviously the well is running dry with the shitty unwatchable assholes they've been featuring lately. What's next? A cruise by the local unemployment office and see who is hanging around and wants to be the next bachelor? A quick peek in the soup kitchen? 

I hated this season as much as anyone, although I liked Peter at the beginning.  But I'm not understanding people saying he's not educated or financially stable?  You have to either get a degree or go to a flight school to learn to fly a commercial aircraft.  Yeah, he lives with his parents. Weird.  But I highly doubt he's not financially stable.  

• Love 6
On 3/11/2020 at 7:08 AM, GracieK said:

This assumes that Mama Psycho’s version is even accurate. I can’t give the benefit of the doubt to someone who clearly cannot conduct themselves with an ounce of composure and maturity. I suspect her perception of things and her recall is OFTEN skewed, dishonest, and colored to support her delusions and emotional instability. All of her emotions - happiness, anger, sadness, worry - are overly exaggerated so I am going to garner so is her perception of whatever takes place around her. And she’s a professional victim. She seems extremely toxic to me and I applaud Maddie for not being sucked into it because denials or reasoning would only fuel her mania. 

I would've assumed Barb was lying, but Maddie didn't deny anything.  Maddie has shown repeatedly that she isn't afraid to stand up to Barb. She simply smirked and said "It is what it is."  This indicates that Barb was telling the truth. Barb is clearly psychotic, but in this one particular instance, Maddie came across as rude for not apologizing or offering some sort of explanation. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

I would've assumed Barb was lying, but Maddie didn't deny anything.  Maddie has shown repeatedly that she isn't afraid to stand up to Barb. She simply smirked and said "It is what it is."  This indicates that Barb was telling the truth. Barb is clearly psychotic, but in this one particular instance, Maddie came across as rude for not apologizing or offering some sort of explanation. 

I think at that point Barb just wanted an apology, but also some kind of power play to put Madison in her place, so to speak - "I'm the mom, I'm right. You're wrong".

Yes, maybe for common courtesy and showing respect to elders, Maddie could have had apologized and maybe everyone would have moved on. But I think Maddie is also a little stubborn in her thinking that she did nothing wrong - whatever the reason was for the 3-hour delay - and that she doesn't want to rehash the past again and again. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

I see and respect your observations.
Yeah, but we don’t know what went on behind the scenes. It may have taken everything for Madison to keep it together for just this part and remain composed. If it had been me and I was young and wanted to come off okay I could understand Madison’s choice to say very little because she had to make it thru the segment without losing it on Mama Weber.

I will give Madison the benefit of the doubt, because I’m biased and the creepy Weber family sucks and Babs reminds me of my long ex mother in law

• Love 12

I didn't see Madison "smirking." I saw her trying to keep a bland smile on her face while she was being verbally attacked by a nutjob, and giving brief defensive answers.  I've been in that situation with screaming mad customers, and I'm sure I had the same frozen smile.  And I probably have similar answers without conceding.

Now that Little Petey is trying to get Batshit Barb a TV gig, we know that's a family of famewhores who will do ANYTHING for attention, even act like lunatics. https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/13/bachelor-star-peter-weber-mom-barbara-reality-tv-show/

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I see and respect your observations.
Yeah, but we don’t know what went on behind the scenes. It may have taken everything for Madison to keep it together for just this part and remain composed. If it had been me and I was young and wanted to come off okay I could understand Madison’s choice to say very little because she had to make it thru the segment without losing it on Mama Weber.

I will give Madison the benefit of the doubt, because I’m biased and the creepy Weber family sucks and Babs reminds me of my long ex mother in law

I saw an interview with Chris Harrison and he said Madison was blindsided by Barb’s words, so I’m going to cut her some slack for her response. I think she was shocked and in that moment wasn’t able to respond well. Chris said he himself was shocked by Barb and that is was very uncomfortable for him being up there too. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, EllenB said:

I didn't see Madison "smirking." I saw her trying to keep a bland smile on her face while she was being verbally attacked by a nutjob, and giving brief defensive answers.  I've been in that situation with screaming mad customers, and I'm sure I had the same frozen smile.  And I probably have similar answers without conceding.

Now that Little Petey is trying to get Batshit Barb a TV gig, we know that's a family of famewhores who will do ANYTHING for attention, even act like lunatics. https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/13/bachelor-star-peter-weber-mom-barbara-reality-tv-show/

To be fair to Peter—which I really have no inclination to do—that clip does not show him trying to get his mom a TV gig. This “reporter” was stalking Peter as he entered AND left the gym and hit him with a barrage of rapid-fire questions, to which Peter tried to answer as neutrally as possible. One of the questions happened to be that fans were saying Barb would make for great TV and he just agreed with the statement. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/13/2020 at 2:13 PM, sistersledge said:

You know they are wanting barb to be on it! The drama!

I'd watch.

14 hours ago, GracieK said:

I don’t think it’s rude that she didn’t give Barb - a woman who is insulting her, making faces at her and telling her husband to say something bad about her - an apology.

The mom's little inset camera was AMAZING.  I was cracking up.

• Love 1

Am I misremembering the "meet the parents" episode?  I thought Peter and Maddie had a long talk outside and then she drove off; we never saw her go in the house to greet the family.  I have no doubt they don't show us everything, but I wonder if Barb was so antagonistic that the producers couldn't use any of it.

6 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Am I misremembering the "meet the parents" episode?  I thought Peter and Maddie had a long talk outside and then she drove off; we never saw her go in the house to greet the family.  I have no doubt they don't show us everything, but I wonder if Barb was so antagonistic that the producers couldn't use any of it.

No that’s the description of peter and victoria when he never went in. Rude and babs/mommy dearest forgot about that !!

Edited by nlkm9
Error
  • Love 2

Did anyone else notice at the end of the show that Barb was all over Claire?  Run Claire, Run!  She'll turn on you too!  I imagine it was Barb's attempt at staying relevant by becoming Besties with the new Bachelorette.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Why is Madi's face so small?? And why is she holding on to Barb?? This is beyond weird.

Because Madison is a tiny girl, and Barb is.....not.

Madison was hanging onto Barb in that picture because remember, at that time, Barb was crazy about Madison because Peter chose her to bring home to Mommie Dearest, so Madison was feeling the love.  More like, feeling the love-bomb.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Barb has a larger than average face as do most pageant winners and  TV stars.  It's that quality that makes them stand out from the crowd.  Put simply, the audience can see them better. Take a look at pictures of Hannah Brown standing in front of all the other Miss Alabama contestants like the little Hannah from her season.  From Oprah to Vanna White it's a big factor in why they shot past all their competitors.  I also think it was love at first sight when Barb met Hannah Ann because she thought she was looking at herself when she was young.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I also think it was love at first sight when Barb met Hannah Ann because she thought she was looking at herself when she was young.  

This.  If I remember correctly she even said something about how beautiful HA was and how she reminded her of herself at that age.

• Love 2