Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Week 7 - Peru

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I really like Madison and respect her integrity. She seems to have been very up front about her religious beliefs with the women (and now with Peter), but doesn't allow them to define her. She is saving herself for marriage, but doesn't seem uptight or judgmental of anyone else. She just seems to have her beliefs and stick by them, and I think that's really cool. I am not very religious but find anyone who feels passionately about something to be interesting. That said, someone please ban "like" from her vocabulary! 

Peter acts differently around her, like he wants her to think he's good enough for her. He seems more nervous and actually more sincere. I think he wants to think he could change for her, because he really likes her, but that's a slippery slope and seems like a bad way to start a marriage. 

Victoria F. seems like purely a physical decision. He thinks "crazy"=good in bed and is frustrated after weeks of making out and nothing else. Just wait until he finds out he can't have the one he really wants until they're married 😂

• Love 20
1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

Victoria F. seems like purely a physical decision. He thinks "crazy"=good in bed and is frustrated after weeks of making out and nothing else. Just wait until he finds out he can't have the one he really wants until they're married 😂

I believe that Peter became more interested in Victoria after he found out that she used to date the Country singer.  She must really be special if she dated someone of that caliber.  Plus, the fact that she gives him a hard time, makes her a challenge.  I've been told that men like challenges.   

• Love 7

Wonder who he slept with 6 days prior in the previews?  Maybe he slept with someone on hometowns?   Otherwise aren’t the fantasy suites and the proposal usually only a day apart?  And if he did sleep with someone, it doesn’t seem like there is any chance Madison would stick around.  

2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I believe that Peter became more interested in Victoria after he found out that she used to date the Country singer.  She must really be special if she dated someone of that caliber.  Plus, the fact that she gives him a hard time, makes her a challenge.  I've been told that men like challenges.   

In his mind, it also makes her more marketable.  Which I am sure makes him think that he’ll be more marketable if he picks her.  They have shown him (terribly) dancing on every date so they are definitely prepping him to be on DWTS.   And having someone by his side sho dated someone “famous” might help with the votes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

That line Kelly supposedly said about her being an attorney was, to me, clearly a Frankenbyte from another interview or even when she introduced herself. If you notice, they didn’t show her actually saying that. So I don’t think she was necessarily smug. Just annoyed and kinda over it. Peter IS immature. I actually think he and Kelsey are two over emotional train wrecks who deserve each other. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Kelly was grating on my nerves. Yes, she's an attorney and the other girls are very juvenile in their ways, but her attitude seemed childish in a different way. "Look at me, I'm an attorney" isn't something that needs to be voiced by someone who considers herself more mature than the others.  "Windling down?" She created her own portmanteau for "winding down" and "dwindling." If she can be an attorney, we should all be on the Supreme Court. 

HOW did Victoria "open up" to Peter? Didn't she just whine and mutter her usual "I don't know?" Yet he gives her a rose. She has that boy wrapped. 

"My bandage is off! My bandage is off! Did you see it? You see? I have a badass scar, right? You see?" Do you see?" Then the women have to fuss over him being a big boy now, just like Mommy does.

I like Madison and wish she'd quit this show. She and Peter are not well-suited. They don't have the same values, and she's the most mature of the lot. She keeps out of the drama and she seems to get along with everyone. She doesn't have to recline on the sofa à la Kelly playing Cleopatra, while self-affirming how much more mature she is than the others.

Natasha seems like a cool girl but Peter was never into her. 

• Love 18

The Kelsey we saw in Champagne Gate and the Kelsey we have seen in the last several episodes seem to be so different.  In these last few episodes, she has been calmer and often seems to be the voice of reason in the house.  I'm wondering if the blow up over Hannah Ann drinking what Kelsey thought at the time to be her champagne was due to a nudge by her producer for Kelsey to cause some drama.  IICC, contestants have to sign a waiver that allows them to be portrayed any way the show chooses to portray them.  If I were a contestant and a producer suggested a storyline for me and I declined, I would worry that they would perceive me as difficult and not willing to play ball and I would get a bad edit.  At any rate, she seemed to be a hot mess in the early episodes and calm and measured in the more recent ones.

• Love 7

Peter has a lopsided face.  His right cheek swells up and doesnt match the left.  Hes almost always showing us his left side. Its definitely his good side.

In the beginning of the episode,  I saw a blonde woman I couldn't identify.  It was Kelsey  without  makeup.  Then there was Kelsey with some makeup.  Then, on their date, we got full makeup Kelsey. 3 different looks in one girl. And at some point she got her stripey highlights redone.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, clubsauce said:

Oh Peter. A scar can make you look tough, but only when you don’t point it out every five minutes and WHEN IT WASN'T THE RESULT OF A FREAK GOLF CARTING CRASH. 

Sshhh, Madison says it's cool because it looks like he fought a tiger, lol.

Hannah finally shows honest emotion...pure despair at having to bring Peter home to her family. I can finally relate to her!

Oh Madison...she's nice and simple and giggly enough for Peter. But I have never bought those strong religious purity views on a reality show where the whole business model revolves around making out with multiple people (hey Peter!) and 4 fantasy suites just days (hours? maybe time moves differently in Bachelorland) before a proposal. Maybe she's angling for The Bachelorette since BIP wouldn't really be her thing. I assume.

Go Kelley. None of us watching this show take it seriously either. I still like her.

Kelsey has mellowed...I don't dislike her, but I can't unsee the nose. She's playing the game well.

Pretty hilarious that two eliminated so far along in the show were basically "Whatevs. Later, dude" instead of the usual wailing and gnashing and limo therapy sessions.

I'm too exhausted watching mood hurricane Victoria to even comment on her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I'm all for Madison now.  She's well liked by the other girls, fun to be around and now she's had that rare moment on The Bachelor where she's actually talked about something  serious and important to her.  She knows what her religion means to her and she's not afraid to tell Peter that "Christian" isn't just a box she checks, but the most important thing in her life.  It seems  like she's been quiet about it, too, and not asked the other women to say grace before breakfast.  She's just the opposite of Hannah Brown who talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk. 

The "saving herself for marriage" just proves she's serious about it to me.  There's no reason someone who feels that way can't go on this show.  The Fantasy Suite  has never meant you have to have sex, it's always been sold as, "time away from the cameras," and that's all it was for most of them until recent seasons, when women like Kaitlyn and Hannah Brown acted like they invented sex and thought they deserved a metal for it. 

If Peter chooses Madison it will show that he's ready to change and make his religion more central to his life.  In lots of families it's the wife and mother who takes the lead in that and the men are  in favor of raising the children in their religion, even if they've drifted away from it themselves.  With Peter's mother being Hispanic, I expect he's been raised Catholic but that shouldn't make a big difference if Madison isn't.

Glad to see smug Kelly go.  I thought from the first that the only reason Peter was interested in her was some soppy superstition of his that seeing her before the show was, "a sign!"  It took him this long to realize it was just a coincidence.

I'm guessing the "bring her home to us" girl is either Madison or Hannah Ann.  The family is going to fall for somebody on the hometown visit and I can't see Kelsey or Victoria being a big hit with Mom -- unless maybe one of them starts balling from the wine and Mom thinks she's a kindred spirit.  Hannah Ann has a sweetness too her and looks a little like Mom did in her modeling days so I wont count her out.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

The family is going to fall for somebody on the hometown visit and I can't see Kelsey or Victoria being a big hit with Mom -- unless maybe one of them starts balling from the wine and Mom thinks she's a kindred spirit.  Hannah Ann has a sweetness too her and looks a little like Mom did in her modeling days so I wont count her out.

Peter’s family won’t meet the women on hometown dates. He meets their families. The lead’s family usually meets the final 2.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I really like Madison and respect her integrity. She seems to have been very up front about her religious beliefs with the women (and now with Peter), but doesn't allow them to define her. She is saving herself for marriage, but doesn't seem uptight or judgmental of anyone else. She just seems to have her beliefs and stick by them, and I think that's really cool. I am not very religious but find anyone who feels passionately about something to be interesting. That said, someone please ban "like" from her vocabulary! 

Peter acts differently around her, like he wants her to think he's good enough for her. He seems more nervous and actually more sincere. I think he wants to think he could change for her, because he really likes her, but that's a slippery slope and seems like a bad way to start a marriage. 

I’m perplexed by any woman on this season who saw the whole windmill thing act insulted or hurt that peter is intimate with other girls . I understand being upset about it , but they came on the show knowing he was the windmill guy. What do they expect? In so many ways he and Hannah brown are 2 peas in a pod in terms of their behavior on the show

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Why are we just now finding out that Madison is a devout Christian and a virgin? I am glad that she chose not to be define by those things.  However, she probably should have told Peter earlier on. He had the right to know.  

Disagree that anyone has the "right to know" anything about your sexual status. Peter, though, should have reconsidered keeping her on after that discussion, knowing he was planning to sleep with women on this show. He tells someone like Madison he loves her and then hooks up with other contestants...and doesn't expect repercussions? I think he's going to choose her, and I hope she rejects him & becomes Bachelorette. Just everyone please reject exhausting, misogynistic, manboy Peter. If not, then I hope it's Kelly heading up the next season.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 11

I have always said that it makes sense to not get engaged to someone that just slept with someone else. All the way back to when Emily was pissed at Brad and Nick confronted Andi in ATFR. I know that it’s what you sign up for, and the show isn’t reality, but they also stress being there “for the right reasons.” No actual right reasons person is going to be okay with their almost fiancé sleeping with someone else possibly the day before they get engaged. 

That said, it’s all in how you approach it, and I think Luke handled it poorly with Hannah. Any contestant with this issue can say, “for ME, this is a line” without shaming or seemingly telling the lead what he/she can’t do. That’s where Luke went off the rails. 

• Love 18

Well, at least the show is finally moving on, and we have actual normal dates.  There--I said something positive!  lol.  But I still think he is not a great bachelor by any stretch of the imagination. 

And as for Madison--and Peter being involved with others--I do agree that based on what is often said after the show airs, that the leads knew who they wanted to be with etc, it should be entirely possible to not get too intimate with too many people.  As has been said here many times--it makes no sense to say after the fact that you knew from the first date-- and then to go on and act confused through the filming.  My guess is that they can't resist making out with several women as they know they will never get this opportunity again.  lol

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Peter’s family won’t meet the women on hometown dates. He meets their families. The lead’s family usually meets the final 2.  

Yeah, I was thinking of that final 2 meeting in the lead's hometown, is there a name for that?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I was trying to cut him a break on that, thinking that the air may be thinner on those hills/mountains?

When I saw that scene, I was reminded of my trip to the Grand Canyon last September and I tried to race up the steps from the first vista.

Yeah, I sounded like him - those mountains in Peru are easily a mile up or more.  Much thinner air.

10 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Her parents house looks really nice.

Many of the 'hometown' date are re-located to staged and prepped rental properties.  It's most likely one of those.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yeah, I was thinking of that final 2 meeting in the lead's hometown, is there a name for that?

I don't think they do that.  They usually fly the parents/siblings to the final exotic sham-engagement country and the two dummies left meet them at their fancy resort to proclaim their forever love to Insta Ads the lead while the family politely listens until they can go back to enjoying their free trip.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

The looks on the faces of the overly-confident Tammy and Kelly when he cut them gave me joy. Granted, not everyone is into makeup like I am but Kelly was so plain and I think she really could have used a little bit of color on her face.

Apparently, Peter's mom doesn't realize the telenovela thing already happened and it's too late to audition with her overwrought "Bring her home!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

When the first date card arrived and they were all on the couch, there was a shot of Hannah Ann and somebody else was playing absent-mindedly with HA's hair.  My co-worker has a habit of playing with her hair all the time but it's her own hair!  Playing with somebody else's just seems creepy!  Is this a woman thing or am I just jealous because I have no hair to play with?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Not sure who peter picks , he seems most into Madison .. but chances are next bachelorette will either be hannah Ann or Madison . Attractiveness wise , I think Hannah has a prettier face .. but Madison has a kelly kapowski vibe and look to her . We’ve done the virgin bachelor story line twice .. but Madison would make the first virgin bachelorette so I’m sure she’ll be the lead . This show has a fascination with virgins . 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

When the first date card arrived and they were all on the couch, there was a shot of Hannah Ann and somebody else was playing absent-mindedly with HA's hair.  My co-worker has a habit of playing with her hair all the time but it's her own hair!  Playing with somebody else's just seems creepy!  Is this a woman thing or am I just jealous because I have no hair to play with?

I think it's a woman thing. My African-American co-worker used to play with my blonde hair sometimes, like putting it in a ponytail. I've heard that black women have to deal with annoying people who want to know what their hair feels like, so I couldn't resist joking, "You just want to know what a white girl's hair feels like!" She shot back with, "My husband's white!" (When she was moving away, I cracked her up with, "Who's going to be 'my black friend' now??") 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I am frankly surprised that Kelly lasted this long.  She seemed a little too smart for the influencer/beauty queen group.  I thought she would quit the show on her own, but what her elimination really showed me was that Peter is shallow and thinks with his dick. 

None of the remaining women are even remotely wife material.  I actually find it scary how vapid and self-obsessed they are. Someone up thread mentioned being a mom at 24 and not relating to these women.  I was not a mom at 24, but I had some serious goals, other than makeup, clothes and screwing.  I cannot relate to this bunch at all.  The emotional maturity of the contestants has dropped off a cliff.

Kelsey had better bring the drama on her home town date.  She has made her family and love life sound so dramatic.  I am half expecting her dad to be in prison or something.  I also think she is hard looking for 28.  I would not be a surprise if she is actually 32-34.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, b2H said:

Many of the 'hometown' date are re-located to staged and prepped rental properties.  It's most likely one of those.

Yeah, I remember that one of the hometown dates the 'home' of one of the bachelorettes was actually filmed in a show home that no one had ever lived in and just had stock furniture and accessories intended for prospective buyers to better envision living there, plus whatever the show added to try to make it look like someone actually lived in it.  One of the bachelorettes had her hometown footage filmed in a spa.  One of the bachelors had his footage shot on a borrowed houseboat.

Renting or borrowing a place to film happens often, although not all the time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, valen said:

I have always said that it makes sense to not get engaged to someone that just slept with someone else. All the way back to when Emily was pissed at Brad and Nick confronted Andi in ATFR. I know that it’s what you sign up for, and the show isn’t reality, but they also stress being there “for the right reasons.” No actual right reasons person is going to be okay with their almost fiancé sleeping with someone else possibly the day before they get engaged. 

That said, it’s all in how you approach it, and I think Luke handled it poorly with Hannah. Any contestant with this issue can say, “for ME, this is a line” without shaming or seemingly telling the lead what he/she can’t do. That’s where Luke went off the rails. 

I think that’s exactly what Luke did. He calmly said that if she slept with someone else, that’s a deal-breaker for him. Hannah was the one who then flew off the rails with the whole slut-shaming rampage, bragging about the multiple windmill activities. I recall Luke just standing there dumbfounded as Hannah screeched at him and practically shoved him in the car. Luke was smarmy the way he kept weaseling back, etc, but that was one instance where I don’t think he did anything wrong.

Now that I know Madison is a virgin (from this board; I must have been typing here and missed her saying this), I’m guessing she also “pulls a Luke” and leaves if this was also a dealbreaker for her. Maybe she leaves before the FRC without talking to Peter and hence Harrison tells him what they just found out. Then a Mama Webber is tearfully pleading to a Peter to bring Madison home, presuming Peter told her he was going to propose to Madison but he really screwed it up...literally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Kelly wasn’t more mature than the others , she just looks older than them and puts herself on a constant pedestal , talking about how much better she is than the others , which to me is more immature than 23 year old Madison and Hannah . Victoria , she’s right about . 
Plus , kelly has a punchable , smug face . I would’ve sent her packing too . 

mama Weber is the most dramatic fame whore of the season . She’s crying like it’s a life or death situation . You met these girls maybe one time , relax . She sure mAkes the most of her screen time . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 12

A couple of things -

In Hannah's note, did she make little hearts above her "i"'s ?

image.png.0ac389bcbfdc5f28faba23de53ac2125.png

What if the producer is punking us and Peter's mom is talking about their dog Lassie that ran away ? 

And lastly, Veronica F always can get cast as the next Samara in The Ring, I don'ttttttt knoooowwwwwwww 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RedInk said:

He tells someone like Madison he loves her and then hooks up with other contestants...and doesn't expect repercussions? I think he's going to choose her, and I hope she rejects him & becomes Bachelorette. Just everyone please reject exhausting, misogynistic, manboy Peter. If not, then I hope it's Kelly heading up the next season.

Which kind of says that he didn't really love her, IMO. WHICH MAKES SENSE. How many hours have these people actually spent together? I know a few of the shows have worked out (I still look back fondly on Trista and Ryan), but still. Not a criticism of this season specifically, but the show as a whole. But I'm a total Wrong Reasons watcher.

7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

The "saving herself for marriage" just proves she's serious about it to me.  There's no reason someone who feels that way can't go on this show.  The Fantasy Suite  has never meant you have to have sex, it's always been sold as, "time away from the cameras," and that's all it was for most of them until recent seasons, when women like Kaitlyn and Hannah Brown acted like they invented sex and thought they deserved a metal for it. 

But exactly, in recent seasons, including Windmill Peter's, it's been all about the sexy times. Of course no one expects her to sacrifice her values, but I just find the entire show of dating and making out with multiple people (especially in recent years) to go against the idea of abstinence and purity. I just find it odd and feel like her hopes and expectations aren't super likely to be met on this show, especially by immature Peter. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Victoria is just trying to get Instagram followers out of this.  It's so fucking obvious!  But is Peter in on it too?  He must be!

If Victoria becomes the new Bachelorette I WILL BE THROWING MYSELF OFF A PERUVIAN MOUNTAIN

And I will be deleting this show from my PVR if that happens. I can't stand to even look at her. Actually I wouldn't watch any of the remaining ones, except maybe Kelsey. I just can't with all the horrible literally, like, like, literally, like like like......

2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I am frankly surprised that Kelly lasted this long.  She seemed a little too smart for the influencer/beauty queen group.  I thought she would quit the show on her own, but what her elimination really showed me was that Peter is shallow and thinks with his dick. 

None of the remaining women are even remotely wife material.  I actually find it scary how vapid and self-obsessed they are. Someone up thread mentioned being a mom at 24 and not relating to these women.  I was not a mom at 24, but I had some serious goals, other than makeup, clothes and screwing.  I cannot relate to this bunch at all.  The emotional maturity of the contestants has dropped off a cliff.

I agree. None of them are wife material, especially Madison and Hannah Ann. They are just too young - maybe in three or four years.

Kelly to me was just smug and condescending. She may think she's smart, but she sure doesn't sound like she is from the way she mangles English, which I am assuming is her mother tongue.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

That was me, and I cannot relate to these women at all. However, I really was too young...graduated with my B.A. at 20, married three months later when I turned 21, baby at 24 and divorced single mother at 25. It was a mistake to marry and become a mom so young; I know that now all these decades later. However, I still cannot relate to these women or to Peter. My husband and I were young but not giggly fools. If I were single at that age, and if a show like Bachelor had existed, I would absolutely never have gone on it. Also, while I like Madison a lot, I don't think a vapid show like this is where she should be searching for a mate. It's automatic that for the Bachelor, there will be a lot of physicality with multiple partners, and that is not the place for her. She's saving herself for marriage, and Peter can't save himself for 30 seconds. 

We have all said it multiple times, but watching that clip of Peter's mother with her sobbing and pleading just reinforces that Tears + Histrionics = True Love in the Weber household. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Which kind of says that he didn't really love her, IMO. WHICH MAKES SENSE. How many hours have these people actually spent together? I know a few of the shows have worked out (I still look back fondly on Trista and Ryan), but still. Not a criticism of this season specifically, but the show as a whole. But I'm a total Wrong Reasons watcher.

But exactly, in recent seasons, including Windmill Peter's, it's been all about the sexy times. Of course no one expects her to sacrifice her values, but I just find the entire show of dating and making out with multiple people (especially in recent years) to go against the idea of abstinence and purity. I just find it odd and feel like her hopes and expectations aren't super likely to be met on this show, especially by immature Peter. 

The opening night had multiple windmill references from the contestants so it's not a last-minute lead switcheroo, where they thought it was going to be Virgin Bachelor Guy but Horndog Pilot Pete showed up instead. Maybe Madi is simply very young and thinks/hopes that whatever Peter's past, he will love her so much that she'll be the last woman he sleeps with. Or, maybe she's primarily in it for the opportunities, and felt that being up front about her faith/virginity early on would lead to a quick elimination and losing her chance to stay in the Bachelor ecosystem. As it is, Peter is hooked and she's hung around long enough for Bachelorette consideration, at least. Maybe she prayed Peter would have a Shower Jesus epiphany and give up his lascivious ways just in time to be the perfect man for her!

I agree, the Bachelor franchise wouldn't be my first (or tenth) option for meeting a deeply Christian mate with whom I'd be equally yoked, but hey, it worked out for Sean and Catherine.

Edited by Dejana
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Yeah, I remember that one of the hometown dates the 'home' of one of the bachelorettes was actually filmed in a show home that no one had ever lived in and just had stock furniture and accessories intended for prospective buyers to better envision living there, plus whatever the show added to try to make it look like someone actually lived in it.  One of the bachelorettes had her hometown footage filmed in a spa.  One of the bachelors had his footage shot on a borrowed houseboat.

Renting or borrowing a place to film happens often, although not all the time.

Going back a couple of seasons, Rachel's hometown visit was staged because her dad was a judge and the family refused to film at home lest it open a can of worms with threats and such.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

On a very superficial note: Peter looked horribly ill, sweaty and pasty throughout the show. Kelsey also had some rather  bad makeup moments. You're supposed to wear the make up, not the other way around. Hannah Ann is rather heartbreakingly beautiful though. In conclusion: What a colossal bore of a season.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I don't think Victoria has ever looked at Peter.  She is always looking off to the side when they talk and incessantly runs her fingers through her hair.  She could not send a stronger message to Peter with her "you're always in a mood" and all of her "I don't knows."  Yet, he keeps her.  I agree with an above poster that when he found out that she had dated the signer, he got more interested in her as it automatically made Peter seem more interesting.

I am kind of hoping that everything blows up in his face (no spoilers just opinion).

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't think Victoria has ever looked at Peter.  She is always looking off to the side when they talk and incessantly runs her fingers through her hair.  She could not send a stronger message to Peter with her "you're always in a mood" and all of her "I don't knows."  Yet, he keeps her.

Yeah. That Victoria has a real aversion toward establishing eye contact. That would really turn me off and send me running.

• Love 14