Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E07: Week 7 - Peru

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m still scratching my head on what the big deal is with this singer anyway 

And last I checked hooking up with someone isn’t what I would call dating. 
I remained unenthused with Victoria. 

She portrayed it as a love affair to Peter... it wasn’t until the episode aired and he say the story arc that the singer went to People with he version of their non-relationship.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

She portrayed it as a love affair to Peter... it wasn’t until the episode aired and he say the story arc that the singer went to People with he version of their non-relationship.  

And like an ass he believed her. 

• Love 3

I don’t care for Victoria and I agree about the non eye contact.  However, I have a loved one who often does this and I know it is due to anxiety.  Don’t know if that is her deal, as I haven’t watched enough.  The fact that she is on the show leads me to think “not!”  lol

• Love 5
12 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

She’s an attorney and she came up with the time is “windling” away? What a finasco! 

Yeah, I doubt either of the "new words" will make the OED or anything, but I rewound it to make sure I was hearing her say what she said. I was hoping others had caught it too.

I just LOVED that on Hannah Ann's list of reasons I love Peter that she did indeed use a heart as the 'dot' in an "I" in the title. I give her 6th grade love letter an 'A' for penmanship. However, I think one that didn't get read from the list was "He is my squishy gushy little sugar gumdrop and I just want to eat him all up. *heart eyes smiley emoticon*

At the bottom was just her writing different versions of her soon-to-be married name... "Hannah Ann Weber" "Hannah Ann Weber-Sluss" "Hannah Ann Sluss-Weber" etc. over and over in diagonals that run across the lines of the paper.

I am among those that say she's either in high denial or Madison didn't see Peter on Hannah B.'s season. Not sure what a woman of faith would think about finding a condom in his chick magnet car...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

I'm watching this episode right now - haven't read any posts yet. Madison and Peter are in the evening portion of their one-on-one, dancing away, and I'm expecting her to get all upset because she once dated one of the guys in the band.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, rebel2u said:

The Kelsey we saw in Champagne Gate and the Kelsey we have seen in the last several episodes seem to be so different.  In these last few episodes, she has been calmer and often seems to be the voice of reason in the house.  I'm wondering if the blow up over Hannah Ann drinking what Kelsey thought at the time to be her champagne was due to a nudge by her producer for Kelsey to cause some drama. 

I thought the same thing when I saw Kelsey run to Hannah Ann when she came back from the 3 on 1. These were the same 2 in the champagne gate? Now they are closer than Peter and any of the finalists. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, RedInk said:

Disagree that anyone has the "right to know" anything about your sexual status. 

Only, this isn't just anyone; it's a potential fiancé.  Last season, there was a virgin on "Married at First Sight". Unfortunately, the groom wasn't informed until after the wedding. Long story short, they didn't consummate the marriage and he opted to divorce. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I don’t care for Victoria and I agree about the non eye contact.  However, I have a loved one who often does this and I know it is due to anxiety.  Don’t know if that is her deal, as I haven’t watched enough.  The fact that she is on the show leads me to think “not!”  lol

Huh?  I'm an anxious person and I've never acted like that.  I'm a true neurotic.  I've taken tests!  LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I’ve seen almost all seasons of the Bachelor. Victoria is absolutely the worst contestant ever. Whiny, nervous, bitchy, negative, Insecure and a complete buzz kill. She’s not the best looking, in fact she looks consumptive. She would have been and probably has been cut by every man with a brain due to her rancid personality. Why this Twit kept her defies logic. Maybe men are stupider today. Used to be they avoided tears and drama. Yes Peter is a dolt, but it was pure projection calling him on always being in a mood. It’s sort of his job to have these conversations. 

Now go dig a hole in Central Park and hunker down in it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Dejana said:

The opening night had multiple windmill references from the contestants so it's not a last-minute lead switcheroo, where they thought it was going to be Virgin Bachelor Guy but Horndog Pilot Pete showed up instead. Maybe Madi is simply very young and thinks/hopes that whatever Peter's past, he will love her so much that she'll be the last woman he sleeps with. Or, maybe she's primarily in it for the opportunities, and felt that being up front about her faith/virginity early on would lead to a quick elimination and losing her chance to stay in the Bachelor ecosystem. As it is, Peter is hooked and she's hung around long enough for Bachelorette consideration, at least. Maybe she prayed Peter would have a Shower Jesus epiphany and give up his lascivious ways just in time to be the perfect man for her!

I agree, the Bachelor franchise wouldn't be my first (or tenth) option for meeting a deeply Christian mate with whom I'd be equally yoked, but hey, it worked out for Sean and Catherine.

omg that is hystrical! next one on literally 🙂

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Only, this isn't just anyone; it's a potential fiancé.  Last season, there was a virgin on "Married at First Sight". Unfortunately, the groom wasn't informed until after the wedding. Long story short, they didn't consummate the marriage and he opted to divorce. 

What?  So the man just couldn't feature having sex with a woman who hadn't had sex with other guys first?  Did he think it would hurt?

I know times have changed but for  thousands of years, the standard wedding night was a blushing bride who claimed to be a virgin and a man with a little experience (obtained in low places) who would "teach her."  There was a practical reason for this because the man wanted to make sure his children were really his.

I figure Madison has this scenario in mind:  Peter will fall in love with her and put his wild youth behind him to marry a good woman and be faithful to her forever.  Remember Luke's story of how much sex he had before his shower epiphany?  That's a standard "witness" story among a certain type of Christian man.  He sows his wild oats but she remains "pure."

I know that's not standard thinking these days, but the idea that a  woman is more desirable because she's slept with lots  of other guys seems odd to me.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

What?  So the man just couldn't feature having sex with a woman who hadn't had sex with other guys first?  Did he think it would hurt?

I know times have changed but for  thousands of years, the standard wedding night was a blushing bride who claimed to be a virgin and a man with a little experience (obtained in low places) who would "teach her."  There was a practical reason for this because the man wanted to make sure his children were really his.

I figure Madison has this scenario in mind:  Peter will fall in love with her and put his wild youth behind him to marry a good woman and be faithful to her forever.  Remember Luke's story of how much sex he had before his shower epiphany?  That's a standard "witness" story among a certain type of Christian man.  He sows his wild oats but she remains "pure."

I know that's not standard thinking these days, but the idea that a  woman is more desirable because she's slept with lots  of other guys seems odd to me.

Sean, too, had his epiphany and became a "born again virgin", but unlike Luke, he didn't seem to have any requirements for his wife-to-be or do any shaming or have any "requirements" for his wife-to-be, or am I misremembering.

• Love 9

I was sad to see Kelly go out this way, I was a fan of hers for most of the season up until this episode. She was never super interesting or fun or funny or all that attractive, but it was extremely entertaining to watch her just be completely disinterested in Peter and the whole process, while also staying out of the drama. I don't know if I've ever seen that in the show before haha.

But in this episode she just seemed bizarre. I don't know if she was suddenly insecure or what, but the weird bragging and condescension mixed with desperately trying to stay with Peter, I was pretty baffled by it all.

Maybe as things started 'windling down' she used her genius lawyer brain to realize she should've 'cut it in the butt' a long time ago.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Sean didn't require that his wife be a virgin, but neither did Luke, he just didn't want her to be having sex with other guys right up until the day he proposed.

Yup, and people acted like he was out of his mind for it. He wasn’t my favorite, but it was all so absurd.

• Love 5

Mike Fleiss will gladly pay you Wednesday for a hotel room on Tuesday. And so The Bachelor continues its tawdry low-budget ‘exotic’ location tour with Peru conveniently bordering Chile. Paddington Bear, famously from Darkest Peru, had the good sense to emigrate to London. But London is damned expensive, especially when a crew of dozens of people are flying and lodging on the company dime. So is Paris. And Rome. Kelley is mustering some more false enthusiasm, this time for creatures with strange-looking hair, diffident attitudes and who spit when annoyed. But enough about her fellow Bachelorettes. Kelley wants to see some alpacas.

The Peruvian hotel is christened with yet more flopping onto the bed. Apparently Bachelorettes are unfamiliar with this most basic item of furniture given their enthusiasm for seeing one in each suite they visit.

Episode previews show Peter checking in with God. But first, a call to Mom. She has more authority anyway. Incredibly, an actual pilot looks out of place wearing a bomber jacket. The producers must wonder if they have to move production to Yuma, AZ just to get a bit of sun to peek through. He pays a personal visit to the ladies’ suite. Their zeal is quickly doused by wet blanket Pete who wants to moan some more about the season he has singlehandedly ruined. Thought balloons would reveal they’d prefer a plain old date card.

It's hard to chronicle a narrative in the later rounds because most of the time there is naff all happening. In a good season (a relative term to be sure) producers will move heaven and earth to convey the impression that The Bachelor is still conflicted and undecided when it’s obvious whom he prefers. In a bad season – like this one – it’s difficult for the audience to feign interest in The Bachelor because he does such a poor job of selling himself. In this, at least, we find a kinship with the bored finalists who are primarily interested in seeing themselves on the cover of a prearranged US Magazine shoot and in watching their Instagram follower count spin up like slot machine reels.

If the objective was to portray Peru as an exotic, desirable destination then job most definitely NOT done. Green mountains are ten a penny on every continent. Peru looked gray, cloudy and mundane. Speaking of mundane, the ‘dashing’ Bachelor now looks like the guy sitting next to you on the light rail – sweaty, greasy, unkempt and now with a scar the same size and shape as a caterpillar splayed across his forehead.  Those of us who have bonked our coconuts on golf cart canopies multiple times - possibly after a frothy beverage or two - can't help but wonder how delicate Peter's epidermis is or how violently he made contact.

It’s certainly understandable that Victoria F would be the target of audience vitriol for her indecision, inability to articulate her thoughts and idiopathic mood swings. On the other hand, as form of punishment dealt to Peter she’s good value. And her anatomy is camera-friendly. The rose-at-the-limo rescue was obviously a setup. Like so many before her, Vic F cares about winning and nothing more. She knows that there are no sanctions for dumping The Bachelor and that engagement can be as serious or unserious a topic as she chooses. Hometowns look to include more of the tiresome crying jags along with tiresome, halting non-explanations – this time with a leavening of nagging. Just what every boy dreams of. Maybe those moronic Chase Rice lyrics had a more lingering effect than we first thought.

Kelley couldn’t be fussed the first night. And the second. And the last. So grudging credit for some consistency. Did she mention she was an attorney? Only about 7,298 times. She’s competitive also but not in the Victoria sense – Kelley just doesn’t want to lose a case and take the ribbing at work.

Hannah provided the producers with just what they wanted – floods of tears despite actually advancing in the show. Perfect misleading footage material. The luv note was a bit of a time warp back to the pre-phone era when notes were passed frantically during the 5 minutes between classes. That pasted-on smile just isn’t going away.

Those of us unfamiliar with Adderall’s dosage and side effects can only conclude that it renders the user a sniffling, quivering wreck. Kelsey cries more often than she breathes. Divorces are, regrettably, as common as cracks in a sidewalk. But the fresh-trauma routine is tiresome. If this is Kelsey’s seductive side, what will her everyday did-you-buy-milk fussbudget side look like? But Peter is obviously taken by the wounded-bird persona.

Madison is so far ahead of the field that comparisons to Usain Bolt are unfair. To Usain Bolt. The Auburn Tigress is clearly the fave on all fronts. Their bodies entwine like a DNA helix whenever they meet up. There will be an attempt to conjure some drama from Madi’s revelation that she’s still sporting the V plates on her bumper but rare is the red-blooded male who doesn’t appreciate a white dress that accurately represents its occupant.

Edited by Rainsong
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

At least Madison doesn’t just talk the Christian talk like Hannah did. 

I wonder if Luke P is watching that scene with his mouth hanging open.  Shower Jesus wants him to slide into her DMs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

OK, I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I'm wondering if I imagined it. When Peter was walking Victoria to the SUV, did I actually hear her cry/whine, "I don't want to goooo" like a three-year-old being told that playtime at the park is over, and it's time to go home?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Not really.  He seemed chill with it for the most part.  She was kinda neurotic and high maintenance, and I think he was probably there because he was recruited.  They just didn't mesh, mostly.  Although they looked really good together.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Have any of them said they are in love with him.  I think Kelsey said she might be falling, but the others.... isn't it all "I could fall in love with him?"  Kind of late in the season for not even one woman to proclaim her love.

• Love 3
On 2/10/2020 at 11:23 PM, Arkay said:

"Windling down?" She created her own portmanteau for "winding down" and "dwindling." If she can be an attorney, we should all be on the Supreme Court. 

LOL, getting a bit "nickypicky" ?    You've never mispronounced a word or used the wrong word in a sentence?  There are many things that you can criticize Kelly for but really, this is where you want to plant your flag?

On 2/11/2020 at 7:49 AM, nlkm9 said:

She’s an attorney and she came up with the time is “windling” away? What a finasco! 

"Windling" is a problem but "finasco" isn't?

:->)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, HookedOnAFeeling said:

LOL, getting a bit "nickypicky" ?    You've never mispronounced a word or used the wrong word in a sentence?  There are many things that you can criticize Kelly for but really, this is where you want to plant your flag?

I've seen lots of people laughing at finasco. It has become part of the bachelor language much like befumbled.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I thought I was watching Saturday Night Live for a minute.  Madison was giving the spiel they all do every season about family is so important, so everything and wanting someone like Dad and a family etc etc rinse and repeat.  And then he says "I love that".  It almost feels like a scripted joke.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 2/10/2020 at 8:44 PM, tennisgurl said:

It sucks that we have spent so much time on the drama and haven't gotten to see much of Natasha before this, she seems pretty cool, and she and Peter do seem to have some actual chemistry. 

Let's be honest.  He was never going to consider anyone but a basic white girl.  I think it's degrading the way he kept giving her the rose knowing that he was never going to even give her a chance.  That was so obvious.  He's Latino and they didn't cast any Latin American girls?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HookedOnAFeeling said:

Hello, Hooked. Yes, I wish to plant my flag here. There are many arenas in which I would not excel, but I have a Master's in English and have taught the subject for 26 years. I would absolutely expect someone with a J.D. to exhibit mastery of the English language. I've spent my adult life correcting the language and writing of children, along with helping them to cut down on interjecting "like" in every sentence. I recoil every time these Bachelor characters use terrible grammar, and this season has been a bonanza for completely artificial words. As she is an attorney, I do judge Kelly for bastardizing the language. 

I have previously mentioned  "finasco," "unsecureness," "ling-er-ee," and other mangled words. It grates on me. So sorry that you find this offensive. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Let's be honest.  He was never going to consider anyone but a basic white girl.  I think it's degrading the way he kept giving her the rose knowing that he was never going to even give her a chance.  That was so obvious.  He's Latino and they didn't cast any Latin American girls?  

I believe Sydney was partially Dominican. Even though Peter is part Cuban, he falls into the white category, just as did Juan-Pablo. I would put Ali's Roberto in that category, as well. Up thread someone was mentioning the very few inter-racial couples, but the Ali/Roberto coupling wasn't included.

I agree 100% that Peter would never seriously consider someone who wasn't Caucasian.  

• Love 1

I would again, with all sincerity, like to apologize to all previous bachelors, even you Colton.  This is easily the worst season I have ever watched. 

I wasn't too surprised with Madison in the preview because, to me, she has looked uncomfortable with Peter being all handsy. At first, I thought she wasn't into him, but now I think she's just not comfortable with constant groping. I think she likes Peter but not sure why. I think the bubble would burst fast for her when the season is over. I can't see her being very impressed with him in real life. I do wonder if the audience will handle her differently than Luke. I always understood Luke's pov. He also never got angry; he was calm when expressing his beliefs. Hannah snapped at him because she felt guilty about having slept with multiple men. But people still ripped into him. Madison has even less reason to believe Peter can keep it in his pants and here she is.

Hannah Ann is beautiful and seems younger than her age. That might be Peter's best match.

I enjoy Victoria F because she at least will tell Peter off.

I haven't been able to warm to Kelsey.

The date with Natasha was a waste of time. I think Peter wanted Natasha to send herself home.

Kelley was too normal for this show. Any chance she could be bachelorette? I'm leaning no because the show only likes train wrecks now.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I believe Sydney was partially Dominican. Even though Peter is part Cuban, he falls into the white category, just as did Juan-Pablo. I would put Ali's Roberto in that category, as well. Up thread someone was mentioning the very few inter-racial couples, but the Ali/Roberto coupling wasn't included.

I agree 100% that Peter would never seriously consider someone who wasn't Caucasian.  

Yes, he is Caucasian but he is also Latino as his mother is from a Latin American country. Some of my family is from South America and are fluent in Spanish and have a very specific culture that they love.  It would have been interesting to see him with a Spanish speaker from a similar culture that his mother's family is from.  You know, family being everything and all.  

• Love 4

Another thought: I wonder if Madison signed up for Colton. He seems more of what she's looking for. I can't see her signing up for any of the men on Hannah's season except Luke but he was the early villain and never in the running for bachelor.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Have any of the Bachelors ended up with a black contestant? 

No. I think Sean was the only one who had even dated black women before. He chose an asian woman.

Peter strikes me as someone who didn't even have POC as friends growing up. Colton seemed attracted to Katie and Tayshia, but he played football and was at least exposed to other races because of that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Have any of them said they are in love with him.  I think Kelsey said she might be falling, but the others.... isn't it all "I could fall in love with him?"  Kind of late in the season for not even one woman to proclaim her love.

And I was really struck by how totally unreactive Madison was when he said he was falling in love with her.  She actually reacted more like how the lead usually reacts when he/she is told that by one of the contestants.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:23 PM, Arkay said:

"My bandage is off! My bandage is off! Did you see it? You see? I have a badass scar, right? You see?" Do you see?" Then the women have to fuss over him being a big boy now, just like Mommy does.

Love it!

On 2/11/2020 at 7:11 AM, JudyObscure said:

The Fantasy Suite  has never meant you have to have sex, it's always been sold as, "time away from the cameras," and that's all it was for most of them until recent seasons, when women like Kaitlyn and Hannah Brown acted like they invented sex and thought they deserved a metal for it. 

To be fair, the fantasy suite has been about sex for waaaayyyy longer than Kaitlyn and Hannah B, who simply were upfront about it rather than coy, the way the show had been trying to avoid the topic for years and years.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:27 PM, CrazyDog said:

I know a few of the shows have worked out (I still look back fondly on Trista and Ryan), but still. Not a criticism of this season specifically, but the show as a whole.

Speaking of Trista, the preview showing of Kelsey's mom looked a lot like Trista.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It seems disingenuous to me to keep contestants around knowing you won’t pick them because you don’t want to appear racist. 

You have to keep some women around and Peter only kept one WOC around. I don’t think he would ever pick Kelsey either.

Edited by dirtypop90
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

No. I think Sean was the only one who had even dated black women before. He chose an asian woman.

Peter strikes me as someone who didn't even have POC as friends growing up. Colton seemed attracted to Katie and Tayshia, but he played football and was at least exposed to other races because of that. 

Yeah Tayshia even made it to the fantasy suites.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Arkay said:

Hello, Hooked. Yes, I wish to plant my flag here. There are many arenas in which I would not excel, but I have a Master's in English and have taught the subject for 26 years. I would absolutely expect someone with a J.D. to exhibit mastery of the English language. I've spent my adult life correcting the language and writing of children, along with helping them to cut down on interjecting "like" in every sentence. I recoil every time these Bachelor characters use terrible grammar, and this season has been a bonanza for completely artificial words. As she is an attorney, I do judge Kelly for bastardizing the language. 

I have previously mentioned  "finasco," "unsecureness," "ling-er-ee," and other mangled words. It grates on me. So sorry that you find this offensive. 

It grates on me, too, however, I think "ling-er-ee" was intended as a joke.  The general decline of English language usage frustrates me.  People write "window seal" when they mean "window sill," and willy-nilly replace "then" with "than," and vice-versa. I hate the use of "friend" as a verb.  One doesn't "friend" another person--- the word is "befriend."  Grr.  Also, "disinterested" is not the same as "uninterested."

Thank you, Arkay, for chronicaling the malapropisms, etc. Saves me time.

Edited by Just Carol
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Lemons said:

Can't speak regarding their racial/ethnic makeup, but Alayah and Kylie (she was cut on the first night) both have Spanish surnames, Benavidez and Ramos, respectively. And as mentioned earlier, Sydney said she was part Dominican.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, tennisgurl said:

Even with the Likes Madison seems pretty nice and she and Peter seem to get along, but if she is looking for someone to connect with on a deep spiritual level, Pete might be not her guy. It seems like she has put a lot of thought into her faith and its a big part of her life, while Peter is more "I think I have seen a church..." 

I remember from when he was a mere combatant and not The Bachelor, he was driving his own car for some reason and there was a prayer card in the console. 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think that Hannah Ann and Madison look very, very similar.  I think it's odd that nobody else says it?

I honestly couldn't tell them apart until I discerned that Madison has a lower hairline on her forehead than Hannah Ann.  If they were both wearing ball caps, no way I would know which is which.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:07 PM, clubsauce said:

Oh Peter. A scar can make you look tough, but only when you don’t point it out every five minutes and WHEN IT WASN'T THE RESULT OF A FREAK GOLF CARTING CRASH. 

It wasn't even a crash, which actually might be exciting.  Although the way @jade.black describes it, it is pretty exciting. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, rebel2u said:

I was trying to cut him a break on that, thinking that the air may be thinner on those hills/mountains?

No doubt.  I lived at almost 9,000 feet for several months once and skied every day, and STILL panted whenever I had to climb a flight of stairs.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I honestly couldn't tell them apart until I discerned that Madison has a lower hairline on her forehead than Hannah Ann.  If they were both wearing ball caps, no way I would know which is which.

You're doing better than I am at telling them apart.

Seriously, I had an easier time with the 4 blondes named Lauren on Ari's season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Another thought: I wonder if Madison signed up for Colton. He seems more of what she's looking for. I can't see her signing up for any of the men on Hannah's season except Luke but he was the early villain and never in the running for bachelor.

I saw a clip of her saying she was so excited it was Peter and that she was hoping it would be him. She's definitely aware of his past, but she probably hopes that if he loves her, he can wait, which he could if he did. But he probably won't.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, valen said:

I saw a clip of her saying she was so excited it was Peter and that she was hoping it would be him. She's definitely aware of his past, but she probably hopes that if he loves her, he can wait, which he could if he did. But he probably won't.

They all say that. I remember Dylan telling Hannah b that and it was clear on paradise he signed up for Hannah G.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 4:52 AM, JudyObscure said:

On MAFS, the groom's issue with his virgin wife was that it was too much responsibility.  It would be much harder to disengage himself from someone he was taking a chance on if he took her virginity.  But yes, I agree that this construction of things gets it backwards from the standard way virginity used to be viewed!

• Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 4:45 PM, dirtypop90 said:

Not only this but he seems to have had a very protected life where he was treated as very privileged and special.  I don't think he ever struggled financially and it seems like Mom and Dad made life cushy for him.  That is very nice, but it can make a person lack resources and resiliency because they didn't have to problem solve like average folk. He lacks the grit of someone who'd had to figure things out for themselves. It makes him less attractive to me.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

On MAFS, the groom's issue with his virgin wife was that it was too much responsibility.  It would be much harder to disengage himself from someone he was taking a chance on if he took her virginity.  But yes, I agree that this construction of things gets it backwards from the standard way virginity used to be viewed!

Wasn't it also that she used that issue to basically shame him because he wasn't a virgin and to imply that everything that went wrong was because he couldn't handle her values?  I always got the impression that it was partly a power play.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Not only this but he seems to have had a very protected life where he was treated as very privileged and special.  I don't think he ever struggled financially and it seems like Mom and Dad made life cushy for him.  That is very nice, but it can make a person lack resources and resiliency because they didn't have to problem solve like average folk. He lacks the grit of someone who'd had to figure things out for themselves. It makes him less attractive to me.

Perhaps, but couldn't that be said of all The Bachelors? Obviously we don't really know these people, how they were raised, or what they've had to endure, but I'm fairly certain that, to a man, none have come from disadvantage. A lot of them are "to the manor born", literally in Prince Lorenzo's case. Even "Farmer Chris" comes from a very successful farming family. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as I get the feeling there is probably one of these guys who did have to scrap for everything he's achieved. In any event, I don't think if Peter has had an easy time in life that it makes him unique here.

All that said, I do think he's one of the bigger dopes this show has ever seen fit to cast as the lead.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

I’ve read that he still lives at home.   I know that with his job he is often away, but I think that if you are ready to get married, living on your own would be the first step.  

• Love 8