Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does Leo have to be autistic to snub Sam? That showed common sense to me.

lmao - i nearly choked on a grape there. 

I was only asking because Leo was showing behaviour mannerisms that i've seen with some autistic children

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

They never took WR out of the credits that run on Fridays so I knew he would pop up. I just hope he gets offed more ridiculously this time, suited to WR's acting, like driving off a cliff while laughing megamaniacally.

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was wondering that too as soon as he became focused on the swim mask. And fidget spinners are a good toy for kids with autism and ADHD.It would be a good storyline. I hope that was why Austin wants to see him again.

This show will probably do as good a job on autism as they did on spina bifida. 

• Useful 1

Ah fuck Peter’s alive…..christ on a cracker what have we done to deserve this?!?!?!  

More Ryan Lavery please….oops I mean Drew.  I seriously am interested in seeing where that goes.

I like Austin (despite misguided ponytail).  Is something horrible going to happen to Leo now?  Olivia freaked out and Dante looked confused as to why she got so nuts. It just seemed like a weird exchange.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

who has spina bifida?

Donna, who calls Jason "Daddy". At least she had it until she was instantly cured.

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at all the pretzeling the show is doing to explain GF's break. Too bad MEK is caught up in it. Couldn't Laura have gone on some endless mayor's trip à la Monica and her medical conferences?

That's what I was thinking, a mayor's conference while Spencer's story gets resolved to justify why she isn't involved in it, and then she's in town but just on on-screen. Cyrus off screen ordering a hit on her is just overkill.

At least Kevin isn't going with her.  I'm sure his patients will be relieved.

• Love 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

Donna, who calls Jason "Daddy". At least she had it until she was instantly cured.

That's what I was thinking, a mayor's conference while Spencer's story gets resolved to justify why she isn't involved in it, and then she's in town but just on on-screen. Cyrus off screen ordering a hit on her is just overkill.

At least Kevin isn't going with her.  I'm sure his patients will be relieved.

ahh thanks. 

I don't even know why they have to be so complicated. but wouldn't be GH without mob hits somewhere so. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ah fuck [LWB/FS]’s alive…..

WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Complaints aside, the show has been so much more watchable without him. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

That whole thing with Olivia taking Leo to the Emergency Room(!) for a tiny cut on his finger is batshit crazy even for Olivia. If the writers desperately needed to get Leo and Austin together, Leo should have broken his leg or his arm or hit his head on the side of the pool. Why do they insist on making Olivia a flaming idiot?!

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

If the writers desperately needed to get Leo and Austin together, Leo should have broken his leg or his arm or hit his head on the side of the poo

Or you know, run into each other in the living room, the dining room, the foyer, pretty much anywhere in the Q house.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

No. Just no.  Oh heck no, GH.  No no no no no.  This was a low blow.  Why on earth did I have to sit through ridiculously boring Millow scenes and then, get rewarded for my efforts by having to see that Peter is still on this show?  Not okay. Not cool. Not acceptable.  And I see that tomorrow I get to have more Sonny/Mike scenes. I'm officially in the hate-watch category.

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. But I think my neighbors might have heard me yell, "Hell no," when he appeared. 

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

I'm surprised Nina hasn't had a stroke yet with Maxie saying "lemme stay here with you."  All she has to say "hi- someone just died you can't stay here."

It's a good thing Kirsten has always portrayed Maxie as self-involved. Anyone else would have known immediately that something was up just from Nina's behavior. So, was Watros going for comic effect? 

• Love 3

Chase and BL really did save the episode for me. I am hear for thr juicy drama/fallout that will happen when both Chase and BL secrets are revealed. Also Josh S. Should really be pushes more as the show's leading man. He's good looking and can actually act.

• Love 14

Previews...again, Amanda Setton nailing the soapy tone when she insists Austin's not getting a dime.  Kinda fun seeing her on the other side of these conversations after her stint at Kimberly Andrews.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

They never took WR out of the credits that run on Fridays so I knew he would pop up. I just hope he gets offed more ridiculously this time, suited to WR's acting, like driving off a cliff while laughing megamaniacally.

Maybe they can rip off The Simpsons and have Donna shoot him when he tries to steal her teddy bear. His dying words can be, "She's stronger than she looks" then gurgle gurgle thud.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

So what is the point of Peter's return, and to Nixon Falls. It probably means he learns Sonny is alive, and blackmails Nina for... Reasons. 

And also, crap...why does he have to be alive?!?

( The only upside is that Finn can stop flagellating himself) 

• Love 5

That ending was more horrifying than any scary movie I've ever seen. He better be back only so he can DIE HARDER. The only good thing is that now Finn won't have to live with having killed him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Also Josh S. Should really be pushes more as the show's leading man. He's good looking and can actually act.

Unfortunately they won't let anyone outshine Michael just as Drew cannot outshine Jason, and no one can be better or more virile than Sonny.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

( The only upside is that Finn can stop flagellating himself)

Now I can't get the image of ME in monk's robes self-flagellating out of my mind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

With Peter being alive and Drew being alive and the PCPD being dummies?

I predict when the truth about Bailey being Louise, the show will go with its favorite theme.

Child custody suit.

• Love 1

I can see it now - Maxie and Valentin get married to guarantee custody of Louise. Peter tries to kidnap the baby but falls into the harbor (trying to change things up here) and his body washes up on the New Jersey side of the border. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Sam thinking she'll find something in the WSB report that the WSB missed.  Because she's just THAT good of a P.I. 

(Insert endless laugh track)

I love Anna and Valentin together.  They really spark.  More of them, please.  Sam goes for BLQ and Chase. 

Millow can drown in a flood of self-righteous tears.  Insufferable doesn't begin to cover it.

They've got to be setting up something being wrong with Leo (autism spectrum?) and Austin being the one who helps get him diagnosed, thus early props from the Q's.

As to the last shot of the day, this sums it up for me:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Nobody else could see a problem with Leo only Austin? Doesn't Leo live in Q mansion with Doctor Monica, nurse Willow, Valentine and Ned aren't stupid either.

Ugh Peter. I knew the actor being gone was too good to be true. 

• Love 3

I'm in denial about Peter. I'm just telling myself that Nina is giving herself a guilt daydream about letting Maxie go off into the night with Peter's body unaccounted for, rather than let her stay in Nixon Falls.

Let me have this for the next 16ish hours.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm in denial about Peter. I'm just telling myself that Nina is giving herself a guilt daydream about letting Maxie go off into the night with Peter's body unaccounted for, rather than let her stay in Nixon Falls.

Let me have this for the next 16ish hours.

okay. (hug). 

maybe if we wish really hard we all had a fever dream. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Did.not.see.that.coming.

FV is good at keep secrets. Anyhoo, I can’t believe he’s back. I mean this storyline has been played to death. Yes, I know his baby is still a live for a  storyline but I’m so over Peter I don’t want any part of it. Ugh!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Weird thought - could this be Evil Twin Peter?

Peter's already evil though so what is there left for an evil twin to do? I suppose he could always set Moss on fire and burn down Carly's house. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Nobody else could see a problem with Leo only Austin? Doesn't Leo live in Q mansion with Doctor Monica, nurse Willow, Valentine and Ned aren't stupid either.

Ugh Peter. I knew the actor being gone was too good to be true. 

If they are writing him on the spectrum, he’s probably supposed to be high functioning so it’s not always easy to pick up on when they are younger. Nothing today except his lack of reaction to Sam seemed out of the ordinary to me and I just thought he was being rude at first (also forgot they are siblings). He was interacting with Olivia and Dante. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

If they are writing him on the spectrum, he’s probably supposed to be high functioning so it’s not always easy to pick up on when they are younger. Nothing today except his lack of reaction to Sam seemed out of the ordinary to me and I just thought he was being rude at first (also forgot they are siblings). He was interacting with Olivia and Dante. 

I knew immediately when I saw Leo he had autism or was on the spectrum. I also thought it was so random and that he was SORAD’s out of the blue. That said, how could no one have noticed? It took a visit to GH and a check up by Austin?!?! Odd. I’m sure it’s a worthy story to be told but I hate when soaps do storylines like this. I want pure escapism after a long day at work. Although, I did just say upthread that I didn’t wasn’t to see Peter again but that’s a whole different animal. BTW! I totally didn’t know who the kid was with Olivia. I was thinking it was Rocco but then realized that Rocco has blonde hair. I also thought they were banning all kids on the soaps due to COVID. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

The intense way he was playing with the swim mask was what struck me first followed by his reaction to the cut, and then the spinner.

But I'm not placing any money on it. It's hard for an adult to play on the spectrum much less a child of that age.

Monica is a cardiac surgeon and when she was in medical school it was called Pervasive Developmental Disorder and thought to be caused by a "refrigerator mother" which Olivia certainly isn't. Willow may be a student nurse but she can't see beyond Wylie and Michael. If he's high functioning and can play videogames with Rocco and Danny, Olivia and Ned wouldn't pick up on it.

Interestingly, one of the causes today is thought to be older parents.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I know high functioning kids can go longer without diagnosis but this kid was so not making eye contact and getting fixated on things that I thought in his very first scene that his story was going to be autism.  

And given that everybody watching the show pegged it within ten seconds of meeting him it seems implausible to me that nobody else had.  Maybe we should have been introduced to Leo in a situation where he was in his element first so we would be surprised because watching the episode I was like, "but how are they going to convince me that nobody has noticed this before... and obviously it is because the wirters hadn't written it before... but seriously helecopter mom who takes her kid to the ER for an absolutely nothing cut would have taken her kid for a full workup the first time he didn't make eye contact with somebody.

I hope Peter will be muirdered again shortly but I always thought he'd turn up alive to give some justification and eventual redemption for the  BLQ  scheme.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Can he take Michael with him?  Put him in the passenger seat hand-in-hand with Peter like in Thelma and Louise.

Seriously, does LW have dirt on FV or something? Why bring back the most unpopular character in recent GH history??

13 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Chase and BL really did save the episode for me. I am hear for thr juicy drama/fallout that will happen when both Chase and BL secrets are revealed. Also Josh S. Should really be pushes more as the show's leading man. He's good looking and can actually act.

I feel like he can have a decent career outside of GH and probably won’t stay for very long.  Heck if they do yet another Superman reboot I could really see him as Clark/Superman.

• Love 7
On 8/21/2021 at 11:35 AM, Sake614 said:

I’m still insulted on behalf of both Phyllis and Lenny that they needed Smike to save them and their business.

And watching Sonny playing victim in Port Charles is also not going to be pleasant viewing.  It can always get worse.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I want pure escapism after a long day at work

Theoretically, I know what you mean -(and i get it!) - the thing is, these types of stories are  what a lot of soaps (used) to do, and I'd rather a medical story like this, than more mob crap. (but truly i want more love/smut in the afternoon)

(also having this storyline with Olivia.... is going to grate so.)

• Love 6

So we start

Drew is dreaming of Scout and we have another nurse Chloe. (oh ORIGINAL Nurse Chloe!!) Okay. this is Peter land. I'm with it now. 

Sam:  Scout's Father is alive -Sam says as if she's saying "water is wet". Dante is being very nice about helping getting Sam some answers. 

Peter sees Mike. so. yah whatever. Peter revels himself to Nina. (I think Nina just died standing up). Good gravy I did not miss Peter. Nina don't tease me. Take the gun and shoot him dead now. 

Apparently there is a teleporter from the Tan-O to Deception because Maxie's home. 

Carly is the most deluded person in the world. Jason is basically saying Jax has the right to be upset and concerned. Carly: "Well joss is happy for us, and we can keep her safe, so come on!!"

Brit is looking very RBG in her outfit today. Austin is like call me Austin but leaves. Brit looked pissed. Liz is like can I have my vaycay time, Brit was like. yah no, you did it very last minute.  Liz is like "but it's my time. you can find someone" Brit: Yah but you have double shifts it's a heavy lift." Liz is like "petty to the end" and is going to go to Terry.  No liz. You waited last minute. deal with it. Shocker. Terry cleared her. Liz is such a cow doing what she did. They rectified things. But Terry basically told Liz don't come to me if you don't like what Britt says. (aka be a professional, butthead). Britt and Terry rectify it. Liz gets her vaycay though. (So much nicer than me. I would have said yeh, no cow). 

The Good Stuff:
 Millow is all "We need to talk." Chase gives a "whatever bitches"look, and said, "fine. let's go." 

Willow is like I know this is breaking your heart, but imma gonna need an annulment. "This is so left field, I know."  Chase. "Nah fam." Millow = surprised pikachu face, Chase "I know you love each other." (I kinda wish he were more crass here but whatever). Chase starts lobbing the bombs "what parts did you think I didn't know? the fact that you married me because i was dying, the fact y'all slept together on Wiley's birthday, or that you are in love?" 

Michael: Constipated confused Face, Willow: shock pikachu face.  this is such a cop out. lol Millow doesn't even have to say anything.

Willow is trying to explain the lies, and Michael is like "you can see there was no right time?" Chase is like. are you serious? Michael started with his "right intention crap" and Chase is like, "thank you for giving me permission to be pissed."  Chase is like "I get why why you did everything.... but why sleep with Michael unless you were sleeping together the entire time."

Michael and Willow: "Oh crap we're busted faces."

Chase stands/walks and they are like "Oh! you can walk!' shock face. then Chase is like Austin wanted to screw you over, here is the document." Willow/MIchael are like pls don't do this. 

BLQ vs Austin
Austin is being all "I don't own you anything." BLQ is like "watch me squash you" mode activated. BLQ is disgusted that Austin used Chase, and said he was the worst side of Q. And then she pointed out that she did feel sorry for him but clearly this is just about the money and she'll be damned if she lets him get anything. She also pointed out if you wanted to know about the family you wouldn't have done this.  

again (like I've been (and @Cheyanne11 was saying) all this intent is crap since it's not in the will. . and again. I'm supposed to be all team Austin, but Austin is a jerk, so.. yeh. Like give it to him. just don't see how logical this is. Like. if i were a lawyer/judge i'd just be like. "well he didn't do it." 

Anyway everyone is in the den and Chase is all "Hmm what do i dooooo." and that's the episode.

I will say.... the fall out was a let down to me. it was just so. 
"i don't love you." "I know." "you're screwing Michael." "yah i know." "Look i can walk." "Oh that's cool!". it wasn't super soapy as it could have been. it's sort of like this just rushed this to get to the stupid intent thing. lame. 

• Love 6

I'm so happy Chase is free!!! It's about time they moved him on from propping boring Millow. Let them sink or swim on their own. I'm beyond ecstatic that he is away from those two bores, and I hope the writers have a story in line for him. 

I only hate that the show keeps trying to act like Willow was genuinely trying to reconnect w/Chase. She never was! That was clear. Her heart was never into it, but at least she admitted to lying for months and we can stop the narrative that her lies started when Chase fell ill. 

Liz was straight up wrong for trying to play Terry against Britt. I love how Britt handled it though, and I'm glad Terry told Liz that she can't run to her when she doesn't like Britt's decisions. As co-COSs, they will have to keep up a united front. I'm glad they both agreed to that. I know many don't like Terry, but I do. I think she and Britt will become friends. 

I think Chase said it best to Brook Lynn yesterday - if Austin has no legal claim, a judge will decide. I know BLQ is trying to fix her mistake in giving away shares in the first place, but don't be upset w/Austin. It seems like Qs come out of nowhere so none of this should be too shocking. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

I'm still loving CM's Drew. I love his hostage attire. They must launder his clothes on a weekly basis. He's so clean! I like his plan w/the nurse and hope it works out for him. 

Soaps are so silly. Sam has mentioned Drew more in the past few days than she has in the past two years! If she were still w/Jason, it would be, "Drew who? Scout has a daddy. His name is Jason." No shade on Sam, but rather the bad, inconsistent, plot point writing! 

I didn't mind Peter today. Still don't think he should be back, but his scenes w/Nina worked. Never thought I'd say that. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4

Things I liked about today:

Nurse Chloe is still alive and in cahoots with Drew. Is the screaming woman who got downsized supposed to be Holly?

Things I hated about today:

Peter. Peter back. Peter being the Big Boss holding Drew. Peter existing in the first place.

Nina caving to Peter. (Mike is really clueless, not wondering why Nina dropped the pitchers.)

Michael and Willow thinking that they can get off scot free because "we love each other".

The idea that it's okay to hide the paper that Edward wrote giving his intentions.

Liz being a bitch to Britt. Terry being a bitch to Britt  not redeemed because Terry said that she hated Britt's guts when Britt hadn't done anything to her personally. Everyone at the hospital being unprofessional including Liz demanding her vacation days with no notice. Britt should have made Terry find someone to cover Liz's shifts since she okayed the days off.

Everything about Carly and the not MoC.

11 hours ago, bybrandy said:

but seriously helecopter mom who takes her kid to the ER for an absolutely nothing cut would have taken her kid for a full workup the first time he didn't make eye contact with somebody.

Olivia took him to the ER for a physical problem. There is still a stigma against mental health problems and if he were making eye contact as he did with Austin, she might not notice the flat affect.

Compared to Unfrozen Popsicle, I can accept this.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Cyrus off screen ordering a hit on her is just overkill.

A fairly clever way to accommodate GF's leave at least. Such a shame she has to take MEK with her. But at least Laura and Martin will truly have a chance to bond.

On the other hand, the whole "hit" thing only underscores what gummy bear mobsters inhabit the GH universe.

If I'm writing this show, either Nik or Kevin (or both) has a sit down with Jasus with a conversation that goes something like this: "Jason, you may have heard that Cyrus has taken out a hit on the Grandmother of Sonny's Nephew. Of course, this is unacceptable and we all know what needs to happen next." End scene.

• Love 4

I thought it was so random having Maxie at the Metro court with Carly and Jason until...the Wedding Planner plot point.

I didn't like Britt's nun dress.

I am with Liz, camping is a lot of work!!  But I still like it and it can be relaxing some times !

I see "Peter's" acting hasn't improved.

The drama of Chase standing was a bit UCG 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well at least Robert was right about Peter having something to do with Holly's "death." And I was right that she was there on the boat with Drew. I'm so very rarely right, let me have this. I was genuinely surprised that Peter didn't just kill Chloe. 

I'm also surprised that Sam wasn't wearing a shirt in Drew's fantasy.

The episode wasn't not bad overall. The storylines are finally moving forward after being stalled for so long. 

Carly lives in a fantasy world, doesn't she? Jason drinking his beer while Maxie was rattling on about planning the wedding was a very Jason thing to do. I thought he had a horrified look on his face for a second. 

In the STFU category, Willow and Michael once again arrive in first place. I wish Chase had been less understanding because I'm sure Michael will not be understanding at all if/when Chase gives Austin the document. Also, fuck Michael and whatever faces he was making that are supposed to pass for acting.

Elizabeth was so wrong for running to Terri to fix her booboo. No, you can't ask for vacation at the last minute. You know you were going camping, ask ahead. And Terri's reply about how she was trying to help out her friend. Like no. You are her boss and this is called preferential treatment, to allow Elizabeth to have a vacation at the last minute. What happens when Nurse Bumpkin or Nurse Pink Scrubs want vacations at the last minute? Are you going to accommodate them too?

• Love 12

Sam and Dante are so boring. 

CM continues to do well so far in his scenes. 

Millowtonin suck no matter what but glad Chase got to say something finally. 

"Nina, Nina, Nina"  <==haha

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Sorry for quote box.

Holy shit, this is a great episode.

Noticing that Maxie, Carly and Nina have pretty much the same hair color. At least today they do.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I didn't like Britt's nun dress.

I didn't either. It was too harsh looking yet puritan at the same time. Very severe and it didn't flatter her, which I understand professional environment but she's so pretty. They should highlight it.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly lives in a fantasy world, doesn't she? Jason drinking his beer while Maxie was rattling on about planning the wedding was a very Jason thing to do. I thought he had a horrified look on his face for a second. 

I had to admit Jason cracked me up today. First taking Jax's side over Carly and then him chugging away his beer. Oh, and the budget. "Whatever". I do love that he could give a crap less about Carly's dream day.

Nina looked genuinely horrified to see Peter when she dropped those glasses. I like that the secrets are slowly starting to come out. Well, the Chase and Millow one is now way out thank god. Run, Chase. Run as far away as you can and don't look back. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is the screaming woman who got downsized supposed to be Holly?

Most likely.

At least Chase got in the first digs. I wonder why everyone was so shocked he could walk, though. Willow and Michael were going to wait until Chase could walk five steps before they told him the truth. So what if the time table advanced a bit outside of their plans? Serves them right.

Peter's return at the Tan-O was soapy, you have to admit. I'm glad he's blackmailing Nina, because I desperately want this idiotic Nixon Falls story DONE.

LOL at Elizabeth's face when Terry and Britt worked together. Elizabeth was wrong in two ways, asking for vacation time at the last minute and running to Terry when Britt turned her down. Both of those are deeply unprofessional.

• Love 9