Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Well now on this show. But back in the day people like Tracy were extreme with unpleasant personality, but they never caused anyone death or kidnapping. I think in a lot of ways Luke both saved and ruined soaps. 

This flies under the radar, but the Luke Spencer character not only saved soaps, but revitalized modern broadcast fiction as well. In reality, he was the first true "anti-hero" since the B&W Bogart days. A truly Grey character, with some darkness, but in the end you could always count on him to save the day.

9 hours ago, DanaMB said:

My thought was TIIC realized how much it comes across Jason loathes the idea of this marriage, and since every male has to love Carly, they had to fix it with this stupid, out of character kiss. He was all about Britt two seconds ago. 

The ironic thing is, Carly and Jason come across as two of the most sexless characters in soaps. He came alive briefly with Britt, but other than his time with Robin you could never sell this Robot Man to me as any kind of romantic lead.

10 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Lol at Liesl being “activated”….you said it best….GET HIM LIESL!!

She's much more efficient and professional than former WSB super-spies Anna and Valentin. Instead of rushing to Nixon Fails to dispose of Peter (my first thought), Liesel immediately decided "why should I spoil my vacation? I'll have Peter come to me in St. Lucia and end him while my sweetie is taking a nap in the Hotel." LOVE IT!!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

So apparently people are mad at Jax because "Joss is an adult and it's so hard to get out of the Mob, Jax should realize that he should just calm down." (just going by comments on twitter and a GH review video thing i saw)

people keep tossing "joss is an adult' like A: 18 has eons of experience to draw on and B: that there is just this switch you flip when your kid is "an adult" that you just don't care as much or something. Sure you don't baby them, and make their own decisions - but i'm pretty sure getting involved with the mob  would be one aspect that irregardless of your age your parent would try to prevent that from happening 

and B: yeah it's hard getting out of the Mob, but Carly dove right in and involved Jax's child (now i know part of that was IR wasn't on the show for a lot of Joss's "growing up" (before her soras) but I mean i doubt very much Jax was happy about Carly marrying Sonny and basically fostering this idea that this lifestyle is fine.  it's so insane that Jax's very normal outrage, and disbelief that his ex-wife has no care about his daughter's life (ie: asking her to be the maid of honour at a mob wedding where the bride (AND the maid of honour) have already been threatened), and Carly's big idea of "protection" is having Jason 'threaten" people, only to have people "threaten" them back. and tossing out "Well joss is an adult now.).  nor did these guys tell Jax the truth (of which he would still be anal about protecting his only child), but you know he would offer things to help protect Carly because he does care. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Like that's going to keep a bullet from piercing her skull. 

Well it's Carly. Michael got shot when 'he was just a little boy." so maybe in her mind. bullets only hurt children and people she hates. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The ironic thing is, Carly and Jason come across as two of the most sexless characters in soaps. He came alive briefly with Britt, but other than his time with Robin you could never sell this Robot Man to me as any kind of romantic lead.

I’m sure they will eventually handwave whatever does happen between Carly and Jason as being about their strong feelings of friendship and maybe grief over Sonny, but if they’re going to play with this idea at all, why not instruct the actors to look a little bit into each other? I agree that Steve’s Jason has never managed to get across even lust really, he’s too hampered by playing him robotically. With Robin I saw a lot of tenderness and sweetness but that was the last time it worked. When BM was Jason he was more like a normal human man. So maybe SB just isn’t capable. What a dumb storyline. 

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Well it's Carly. Michael got shot when 'he was just a little boy." so maybe in her mind. bullets only hurt children and people she hates. 

After being shot in the head while giving birth, I guess you get desensitized. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

people keep tossing "joss is an adult' like A: 18 has eons of experience to draw on and B: that there is just this switch you flip when your kid is "an adult" that you just don't care as much or something. Sure you don't baby them, and make their own decisions - but i'm pretty sure getting involved with the mob  would be one aspect that irregardless of your age your parent would try to prevent that from happening 

Well Carly still has two children to spare if something fatal were to happen to Joss and I hope that it will. 

It's not Sonny I'm hoping bursts through the doors of the church. I'm waiting for a machine gun.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, racked said:

After being shot in the head while giving birth, I guess you get desensitized. 

Pretty much so

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's not Sonny I'm hoping bursts through the doors of the church. I'm waiting for a machine gun.

Courtesy of Ms Woo. 

Honestly it won't surprise me if Joss doesn't get hurt but it's Jax instead.  but Honestly, Carly and Joss need to be knocked down several pegs so i hope it's Joss. 

• Love 11

If Jax gets hurt it will be "he wasn't supposed to be there--if he hadn't interfered everything would be fine" so let's surprise me for once, show, and not do that. 

Maybe Sonny will burst in, take a bullet and then get amnesia about his time in Nixon Falls, because why not?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Catching up, what an absolutely damp, fizzle of an ending to the triangle with Chase, Willow, and Michael  I guess I'm glad that they didn't villainize Chase too much given we know (for some reason) the writers viewed Michael and Willow as the characters to be rooted for in this story, but this was it?  Nobody's mad, everyone's being mature, it didn't come out in some splashy way, and it's apparently okay Willow cheated because she's so in wuv with Michael?  Just terrible soap opera.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 19

What shall be the next obstacle in the path to twwuuu wuvvvv?  Will Willow or Michael be wounded at the wedding disaster that should be?  Will one of the 5 families (Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and HEART!) make threats against Mikey and spur him to distance himself from his son and ex wife for their own good?  Will Willow freak the fuck out and pull away from Michael for some other stupid reason?  Stay tuned to find out.  On the next episode of SOAP......  or a show that's almost meeting that quality of drama anyway.

• LOL 10
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess I'm glad that they didn't villainize Chase too much given we know (for some reason) the writers viewed Michael and Willow as the characters to be rooted for in this story, but this was it? 

This may be an UO, but now that Chase is out of that train wreck of a triangle I really want him with Brooke Lynn. Besides the fact that the character has really grown on me, she has all of Grandma Tracy's fierceness and family loyalty without a lot of her not so desirable traits (her scam of Valentin notwithstanding). She'd be good for Chase and they've already bonded on a friendship level. Chase is one of the few really good guys on GH and he deserves an equally decent love interest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This may be an UO, but now that Chase is out of that train wreck of a triangle I really want him with Brooke Lynn. Besides the fact that the character has really grown on me, she has all of Grandma Tracy's fierceness and family loyalty without a lot of her not so desirable traits (her scam of Valentin notwithstanding). She'd be good for Chase and they've already bonded on a friendship level. Chase is one of the few really good guys on GH and he deserves an equally decent love interest.

I am with you that Chase needs a great Love Interest - I wouldn't even be adverse to BLQ - I just kinda love the epic friendship thing too and they have that so. (I don't even think it's a UO - a lot of people want Det. BLQ

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

This may be an UO, but now that Chase is out of that train wreck of a triangle I really want him with Brooke Lynn.

I don't think that's an UO at all.  I'd be into it, although I'd also be fine if they just maintained a great friendship as friendships, particularly of the opposite sex, are rare on soaps these days.

But the triangle was a disaster that could have been saved by at least a soapy denouncement, which we didn't get.  And now, I guess, Harmony will Gladys it up as the problem for Michael and Willow?  Snore in the key of beige.

• Love 11
On 8/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, ulkis said:

They're much shorter, at least on GH. Scenes used to be 3, 5 minutes long ten or more years ago. Now they are probably 2 minutes at most.

I've noticed that too. I think it's intentional as a cost-saving measure. The actors don't have to remember as many lines for a scene. The scenes are so short they can just use their short-term memories. Less screw ups and start overs. Also, less blocking involved because there are scenes with lots of crossing over, back again, etc. Less movement, so lighting is simpler. 

It all reminds me of that Will Ferrell skit with Pearl, his friend's 2-year-old daughter. They'd tell her something, then roll the camera and watch her repeat it back. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, sas616 said:

I've seen speculation that Esme could be working for Ryan.  Perhaps even be his daughter.  I definitely got the feeling today that they've already met in one way or another

My first thought when seeing this was, hello Daddy Ryan. The repeated blinking of “go” seemed like a protective gesture, not something he would say to someone who’s merely working with him. Now I wonder who the mother will turn out to be.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Catching up, what an absolutely damp, fizzle of an ending to the triangle with Chase, Willow, and Michael  I guess I'm glad that they didn't villainize Chase too much given we know (for some reason) the writers viewed Michael and Willow as the characters to be rooted for in this story, but this was it?  Nobody's mad, everyone's being mature, it didn't come out in some splashy way, and it's apparently okay Willow cheated because she's so in wuv with Michael?  Just terrible soap opera.

Not to mention, Chase just hands over the piece of paper to Michael, who just hands it over to Austin. If they weren't going to let Chase stay mad, they could have at least milked some drama out of whether or not Michael was going to destroy the paper or hand it over and use that to create some tension between Michael and Willow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

My first thought when seeing this was, hello Daddy Ryan. The repeated blinking of “go” seemed like a protective gesture, not something he would say to someone who’s merely working with him. Now I wonder who the mother will turn out to be.

When Harmony went to Alexis and told her that Esme was trouble and that Spencer should stay away from her and so on, I liked the camera panning on Ryan and him blinking just once for "yes."

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow gets a pass solely because it's Michael. Ugh. Imagine if she had cheated on Michael with Chase.

The whole town would be lining up to call her a WhoreSlutTramp, and she and Chase would both be pariahs.

One thing that I found really interesting is she talked about the pure, genuine love that she and Chase has.  In my mind, she was basically admitting that she's mainly choosing Michael because of Wiley and the family that he has rather than for just himself.

• Love 8

What am I missing about britt and carlys adoration for Jason? He has no emotions. He's a killer. He always wears black.

Why is Nina obsessed with sonny/ Mike? Its still sonny. A mobster. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

And recast Lucky already and let him and Cam have a complicated relationship. Cam has stagnated and that would make the character more interesting.

I'll go one better. If he's interested, we need J.J. to come home to GH.

The writers just couldn't stop crapping on this iconic character. Yes, I could see how the death of Sibohan McKenna might have been crushing (although in the end Elizabeth is his only true love), but to flee to Africa for years and become a deadbeat dad? Come on - Luke & Laura's son is made of much, much stronger stuff. There had to be a better way of writing him off without making the character look so bad.

Other than maybe Chase, the current GH canvass is missing someone with Lucky's sense of honor and understanding of right-and-wrong. Yeah, he could be obnoxiously judgemental at times, hey he's L&L's son, but it usually came from a good place. Plus, he was the only Spencer, other than Laura, that Stefan Cassadine ever had any respect for.

And on this mob-centric show, we'd have another competent good guy to root for. I'd love to see Lucky come back, partner with Dante or Chase and make the PCPD look respectable again. Maybe even some WSB capers with Anna, Robert and Valentin. It could be fun.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, drtslim said:

One thing that I found really interesting is she talked about the pure, genuine love that she and Chase has.  In my mind, she was basically admitting that she's mainly choosing Michael because of Wiley and the family that he has rather than for just himself.

I think it's obvious to everyone, except for the writers and Willow. If there was no Wylie, there would be no Michael and Willow. Michael would still be staring at her across the room.

Again, what does Michael have to offer aside from his son, his large family and money? He is as bland as a turnip, lacks so much imagination that he decided that he plagiarized Chase with the whole wine guy business. The only conversation he and Willow have ever had was about Wylie. Remove him from the equation and there's nothing to talk about. 

I wish Chase had given Willow a bottle of water and slammed the door in her face. But I guess his parents raised him properly, which really sucks. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

There had to be a better way of writing him off without making the character look so bad.

All they have to do is say Lucky is in regular contact with the boys, but for whatever reason, the show refuses to do that.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's obvious to everyone, except for the writers and Willow. If there was no Wylie, there would be no Michael and Willow. Michael would still be staring at her across the room.

Would Michael be interested in Willow if she weren't so interested in Wylie? I think that appeal goes both ways. One reason Michael and Sasha broke up was because she didn't feel ready/want to be a mom to Wiley.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wish Chase had given Willow a bottle of water and slammed the door in her face. But I guess his parents raised him properly, which really sucks. 

I wish Chase had been allowed to be angrier, but overall I'm glad he's washing his hands of the whole thing and leaving it in the past. Those dummies don't deserve to take up a lot of Chase's emotional energy.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Would Michael be interested in Willow if she weren't so interested in Wylie? I think that appeal goes both ways. One reason Michael and Sasha broke up was because she didn't feel ready/want to be a mom to Wiley.

If memory serves, Michael started being into Willow during their grief group thing, but Chase asked Willow out first.

• Love 6

Wiley at first (but sleeping  with Chase), Wylie + family now. Chase has a family too but his parents live elsewhere mostly and Finn is single with only Violet.

Michael moved her into the Quartermaine mansion with Ned and Olivia and Leo, Brook Lynn, Bailey , Valentin and Charlotte now and of course Monica and all the children in her daycare. Even though she's living in the gatehouse now (with Wylie!), Willow is always at the main house in the centre of a fairly large family. For someone who grew uo in a cult, whose father is dead and is estranged  from her mother, that can be a powerful inducement. Especially if she has mental issues.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

When Harmony went to Alexis and told her that Esme was trouble and that Spencer should stay away from her and so on, I liked the camera panning on Ryan and him blinking just once for "yes."

I noticed that. Intriguing. Is Ryan protecting Esme or communicating how dangerous she is?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I.e., Wiley.

No, Wiley wasn't a factor then. Michael believed his child was dead, and Willow had given up her child. I was not regularly watching during that time, but I read that Michael liked Willow. He was cowardly as usual and lost his chance with her because Chase was more assertive and asked her out first. During this period, Brucas had Wiley who Michael didn't know was his kid. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

And recast Lucky already and let him and Cam have a complicated relationship. Cam has stagnated and that would make the character more interesting.

I knew the character would figuratively die the moment he and Joss coupled up. She's a 100 lb anchor dragging the character down into the Corithos sleaze.

4 hours ago, ljr said:

Why is Nina obsessed with sonny/ Mike? Its still sonny. A mobster. 

I have long held the theory that Sonny has more than a few sexually transmitted diseases and we all know fever is one of the ways our bodies fight infection and that people act and say stupid things when they have a fever.  So my answer to this is that Nina has caught an STD from Sonny and she's delirious with fever.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Willow gets a pass solely because it's Michael. Ugh. Imagine if she had cheated on Michael with Chase.

Carly would've gotten in her face, screaming how they "accepted her into the family and THIS is the way you treat us?" 

Because she sucks. 

• Love 12

Catching up still, I do love Dr. O figuring out a way to work murdering LWB/FS into her getaway plans.  "8am - breakfast with my snickerdoodle Scotty.  10am - establish alibi by attending conference.  12pm - murder LWB/FS.  1pm - manicure in hotel spa."

Speaking of Scotty, a big no to Esme being a Ryan spawn when Scotty, Kevin, and Lucy's daughters are never allowed to breath Port Charles air.  And, honestly, no to Ryan, I'm so tired of him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Scotty, a big no to Esme being a Ryan spawn when Scotty, Kevin, and Lucy's daughters are never allowed to breath Port Charles air.  And, honestly, no to Ryan, I'm so tired of him.

Why do you want them to breathe PC's air? They're better off where they are than floundering in Port Chuck.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why do you want them to breathe PC's air? They're better off where they are than floundering in Port Chuck.

They're alive when they aren't in PC. I suspect Esme is not a long-term character.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I really like BL and Chase better as friends. But I'm really down on them as a couple after she was shown to be so dismissive of Michael being in the wrong. Screw that.

15 hours ago, ulkis said:

The effects of Carly Jr. If there was a Cam/Trina/Spencer triangle, he'd probably be interesting again. Joss is a soul-sucking personality stealer.

I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch Friday's episode. I so do not want to watch Jason being into kissing Carly. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. So I started thinking about F*ck, Marry, Kill with Sonny, Jason, and Michael and I got myself upset. I mean with those choices, I'd definitely f*ck Jason. If he's good enough for Britt (and half the female cast), he can't be that bad. But then I couldn't bear to be stuck with either of the other two even if it meant a possibility of ridding the other from the earth. Why do I torture myself like this? I'm going to make it much easier on myself with the next go around and make the choices much easier. (Kill Peter, Marry Chase, F*ck Dante).

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I noticed that. Intriguing. Is Ryan protecting Esme or communicating how dangerous she is?

Can’t it be both?

Re. Chase and Brooke Lynn: Count me among those who would prefer they remain friends. Good friendships are rare on this show; good male/female friendships even more so.

Which means of course they will become a couple. Because production doesn’t care about friends.

Edited by 30 Helens
Thought of more stuff.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why do you want them [Serena and Christina] to breathe PC's air? They're better off where they are than floundering in Port Chuck.

Because, even though the risk is high they'd land in terrible stories and/or pairings, I'd prefer that to them existing off-screen for the entirety of their soap lives.

And selfishly, it would give Scotty/Lucy/Kevin more to do, and more reason to interact with each other.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch Friday's episode. I so do not want to watch Jason being into kissing Carly. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. So I started thinking about F*ck, Marry, Kill with Sonny, Jason, and Michael and I got myself upset. I mean with those choices, I'd definitely f*ck Jason. If he's good enough for Britt (and half the female cast), he can't be that bad. But then I couldn't bear to be stuck with either of the other two even if it meant a possibility of ridding the other from the earth. Why do I torture myself like this? I'm going to make it much easier on myself with the next go around and make the choices much easier. (Kill Peter, Marry Chase, F*ck Dante).

This is art.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Chase and BL is a potential pairing I want to like but I don’t see romantic chem between them, just friendship chem. I think JS had a spark with the temp recast BL but not this one. Also, BL is way too far up Michael’s ass for my liking but that’s neither here or there. 

• Love 7

Today's show

Austin is asking why he should vote for Valentine. 
shouldn't Austin actually have shares first? I hope he falls flat on his face. Valentine brings this up and Austin is like it's only a matter of time. Austin says he's not fallen off the turnip truck. boring crap. 

Maxie has learned nothing and is all up in BLQ/BaileyLou's face. No wonder Peter sussed her out. BLQ thinks Austin likes Maxie that way. Maxie says she's terrified that Austin will remember that they were together that night. 

Shawn and Alexis are playing checkers. Sam comes in and goes "I got a call from Drew." she sounds so laissez faire about it. Alexis and Shawn are acting so casual about Drew being alive too. something something justice for him and hayden. Sam knows it was Drew. Alexis says she'll work with Shawn to find Hayden  so Sam can concentrate on Drew.

Jason and Jordan are meeting. Jordan is like "you invited mob, you expect trouble?" Jordan thinks Cyrus might do stuff. 

Carly is dreaming about Jason. Anna shows up. Anna says Jason is a good man. Shut up Anna. Also compared Robert and herself to Jason and Carly. SHUT UP ANNA.  Novak guy showed up.  Carly is threatening Novak's nephew. Novak is all we sent him out of the country.  Lmao. Sonny would be happy that Carly and Jason were getting married. In what world?

Dante and Anna share WSB files. Anna thinks it's Peter and if Helena wasn't dead she'd think of her. 

No one (including me) has time for Gladys.  Sasha is all 'you don't want me to come to the mob wedding?" shut up Sasha. "I don't want to keep you away from your family." Um. his family is in the mob you dumbo. She's like look at Michael and Dante. (you mean those people who excuse every thing the mob does? Shut up Sasha). 

Why not give Gladys Brando's apartment and Sasha and Brando get a new apartment. It's not that complicated. 

Gladys is whinging to Novak. This will not end well. 

I'm shocked - the Tan-O is closed again. Mike has no time for Peter, and peter is all "Yah i know who you are." whatever. clearly a red herring. Shock. Peter back pedals. Just as shocked as the Tan-O being closed. Holy crap. Mike went after Peter with a baseball bat and Nina stopped him why? The mobby is coming out. Nina tells her story, Peter threatens Nina and I'm just like why not just stab him in the chest right now?

Lisel has the plan to murder Peter. Lisel is channeling this board saying he's a stain and no one will miss him. Lucy is eavesdropping on Lisel and Anna, and she's all shocked pikachu face that Lisel and Scotty are going away together. Now Lucy is going after Scotty.  Oh Lucy is only upset because Lisel ruined the nurses ball a few times. 

Jason is all 'CYRUS IS MAKING A MOVE!" Carly is all surprised. 

Mike asked Nina a date. They are all snuggly. if they have sex i am going to gouge out my eyes. 

the plane that Lisel and Scotty are on is having issues. and fade to black. 

today was very whatever for me.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Carly is dreaming about Jason. Anna shows up. Anna says Jason is a good man. Shut up Anna. Also compared Robert and herself to Jason and Carly. SHUT UP ANNA

Truer words. WTF, Anna? But really WTF, Show. They're propping this MOC as twu wuv so damn hard and it's just so pathetic.

21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Mike asked Nina a date. They are all snuggly. if they have sex i am going to gouge out my eyes. 

Same, but you know they will. And I will gouge out my eyes at Jarly too. The whole thing is making me want Sonny to come back and blast the both of them - call her a faithless whore and declare them dead to him. Thanks a lot, Show. It took this to get me to want Sonny back. Fuck off.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Peter threatens Nina and I'm just like why not just stab him in the chest right now?

I was thinking, karate chop him in the neck.  He was all up in her face, with that long neck of his exposed, and that was the first though that went through my mind.  Also, grab the baseball bat and smack him around a little.  

39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sonny would be happy that Carly and Jason were getting married. In what world?

In the world where Sonny's worm food, 6 feet under.  In a world where Sonny is in fact alive, not so much.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1