Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Another thing that annoys me is Spencer’s dialogue. With his “Farewell” when he was trying to usher Nikolas out of the house.

The last time we saw him when Nikolas returned, I don’t remember Bechtel talking like a pretentious Eurotrash, like his SORAS version is doing.

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t remember Bechtel talking like a pretentious Eurotrash, like his SORAS version is doing.

I think he did but in a younger kid it doesn't come across as pretentious as it does in a  2o year old.  

This is from January 2020

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 2

I hate that "women need to support women" gets pulled out every time some snowflake doesn't like a minor critique.  The poster didn't say KeMo was responsible for the skirt--hell, sounds like she was defending Sam's reactions on screen--but all she heard was someone not praising her to high heaven.  

Honestly, though, if I was that woman I'd respond with "did you design the skirt?  No?  OK then, my criticism wasn't directed to you."

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hate that "women need to support women" gets pulled out every time some snowflake doesn't like a minor critique.  The poster didn't say KeMo was responsible for the skirt--hell, sounds like she was defending Sam's reactions on screen--but all she heard was someone not praising her to high heaven.  

Honestly, though, if I was that woman I'd respond with "did you design the skirt?  No?  OK then, my criticism wasn't directed to you."

me too. 

and sorry, as a woman, if i think what you are wearing isn't flattering or anything, i would think you'd want me to say something, so maybe you can TELL wardrobe that they can take these things into consideration. that is supportive. geeze.  Like i said I like the cargo skirt but the top of it is wrong and wearing that top (with her hair as it is) isn't really good too. had it been in a ponytail (and she was wearing a bra or something) or if the skirt had a top to it (like an overall dress kinda thing)it would have been more together 

18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The fact is that as ugly as that skirt was, it was still better than your acting skills.

hahahahaha. yeah  sam wasn't really.. there today. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The last time we saw him when Nikolas returned, I don’t remember Bechtel talking like a pretentious Eurotrash, like his SORAS version is doing.

It does make sense given that he's supposed to have been in boarding schools in Europe for several years.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm guessing that Spencer is responsible for most of the stalker stuff ( cockroach, hand, stuffed animal, blood shower) but the car fire is Ryan through the hench-nurse. Ryan probably recruited her after people started accusing him of stalking Ava, and the nurse will try and frame Spencer. 

I don't think the nurse is trying to frame Spencer, if she was, that would have been poor planning on her part for setting the car on fire. She overheard Ava, Kevin, and Laura talking and knew that what happened couldn't be pinned on Spencer. It seemed like the fire was set to take suspicion away from Spencer.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Yeah - the idea was sound the execution - kinda shaky on the landing (and to be fair to Spencer (as fair one could be) - I don't think he realized that there were other (more scarier) stalker-y things happening to Ava. (like we all thought he was doing everything) but now it's clearly, he was doing the childish stuff (roach, hand, blood), and Ryan Disciple was doing what was truly terrifying Ava (the Teddy Bear). So to Spencer, it's like "Dude, you pretend to stab me over a cockroach?!" (which is a rightly reaction), where as NIk is thinking I'm going to terrify you (see freaking out Ava and me). Sprina was awesome and again, I think Spencer was kinda hesitating to come clean to what he did do but he figured why not just milk the entire thing. (and as someone pointed out, now it's Trina that he risks losing (because she loves Ava), vs. Nik. 

Also yah. I am team shut up, Laura. quite frankly, you were part of Spencer being spoiled, lady, so. let's just roll it back about Nik spoiling Spencer. 

I'm still not sure what Spencer was behind. My immediate assumption was he was responsible for all of it, except this latest incident. The show hasn't made it clear what he was responsible for. Even if he wasn't responsible for the worst of it, he can still miss me with the crocodile tears about being accused of being the stalker. He knows that everyone thinks it's only one person behind this, so of course, Nik thinks he's responsible for all of it. Plus, he's still taken advantage of Ava's fear. He's been in PC since the cockroach incident and should have been aware of everything that was happening. He knew that Ava was freaked after the doll and insisted on divorcing his father. He still chose to take advantage of that and pile on by setting up the bloody sprinklers. 

I absolutely loved Nik's swagger yesterday after he revealed himself and how he didn't let even Laura's finger wagging stop him from pushing Spencer to confess. I think he went a teensy bit far with the stabbing, but I think he should have kept at it to get Spencer to confess. I'm so beyond pissed he's going to continue to get away with this for now.

I was a little disappointed in Trina. I gave her somewhat of a pass yesterday because she was still in the shock of the situation, but she should have been more wary of believing Spencer. Her telling him she should have known he wasn't capable of being the stalker was stupid. First of all, she doesn't know him well enough to say something like that. Second, she knows that her relationship with Spencer started off with him lying to her. Third, she has information that none of them do that Spencer has been in town longer than he's let on. She was the one who brought up the sprinkler incident. It should have occurred to her that was the exact night she met him.

I don't know why I'm still surprised by the brain-bustingly hypocritical things Carly says. Her actually accusing Nikolas of not knowing how to parent and how his kid is spoiled and selfish? Brain explodes. I'm so, so, so glad Nikolas was having none of her crap.

• Love 8

I don't like Liesl, but I liked her scenes with Jax (a pattern with her and Britt.) I hope he takes her up on her offer of help.

I think Spencer mostly sucks, but the actor has impressed me the last couple of eps. I never thought he was that bad when he first started, but it definitely seems he's settled in.

I don't have as much a problem with KMo as others. Sometimes I think she's too laid-back and I have trouble understanding her sometimes, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. I think her performance today was fine. Her bitching at that person on Twitter was kind of stupid, though. I'm sure there's far worse criticism she's gotten, so I don't know what set her off today.

It's still early, but I think I'm sold on CM as Drew. It helps that I've always liked him and never hated Ryan on AMC, but I loved BM and his Drew and wasn't sure how I'd feel about a recast, but I thought he was great today. There were a couple of times he said something and I thought it was the exact way that BM would have said it. It didn't seem at all like a different character. Like someone else mentioned, his driving force being his love for his daughter is so in character. And, man alive, that beard is really working for me. When his face was revealed yesterday, I almost literally yelled out "RAWR" and I don't usually love beards on guys, but he looks so much like Greg Vaughn with that full beard.

I loved his line about how it couldn't have been the first time Sam got a phone call from a dead man. Which is why I'm not sure why everyone, including Sam, were so skeptical he could be alive. People pop up alive all the time, especially when there was no body.

It's idiotic that Spinelli isn't Sam's first call to trace the phone call, especially since the show mentioned him yesterday when Jason called him.

• Love 4

OMG, this squabbling about whether Jason or Carly is in charge of the Corinthos organization is so galactically stupid, even for GH. Add me to the list of people wanting Ms. Wu to run things. That said, I still had to FF through all that so I wouldn't stroke out.

I really wanted Jax and Liesl to speak entirely in German, with English subtitles for the rest of us.

4 hours ago, seasons said:

Lol Nikolas taking a beating from everyone still in the Scream costume. 👻

I know! That was hilarious.

Laura sobbing over Nik's bad parenting was a bit much. (And why wasn't Genie wearing waterproof eye makeup?) Spencer's crocodile tears were also too much. He's no innocent here. And gross that Spencer tried to turn things into sexy times with Trina. 

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

Carly.: sounds like Trina is in good hands, let's get out of here I have my mob business to get done

I thought that was hilarious.  It was such a "we have to leave the park now, because I have 8 loads of laundry to do and I have to call the guy from the bank again.  I have shit to do child, let's go"   I actually thought LW played that really well.  (You are my top priority but get your ass in the boat I've got a mob meeting to swan into)

I thought LW played that really well, too.

• Love 5

Well, if you mean that Carly gave not one crap about Trina and her safe return to PC, then yeah. Ok, kids, I have more important things to do so lets blow this popcorn stand right now!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Man, I know people mostly hate Spencer, and while I had stopped watching when the Bletchel version was dominating with terrible precocious storylines, I’ve seen enough clips so I get it. I never need to hear anyone utter the word “townies” again.  But this teen version of Spencer? I’m kind of falling in love with. I might even become a daily watcher again, because the actor is good. And I can see they’re setting up a storyline where everyone hates him because he’s awful except he’s really good to one girl who can see the heart in him, and ahh I’m a sucker for those storylines.  The actor is just really good at making it clear how into Trina he is, hes basically the heart eye emoji when she walks in the room. And I have a feeling this will eventually make Joss jealous so it’s a win win. I guess except for poor Cam. 

I can’t watch any of the Sam scenes, I just find KM really difficult to watch. But I do feel bad for her because social media is not a fun place to be. Yeah that comment she replied to was benign, but I’m sure it was more built up from other comments everyday. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't know why I'm still surprised by the brain-bustingly hypocritical things Carly says. Her actually accusing Nikolas of not knowing how to parent and how his kid is spoiled and selfish? Brain explodes. I'm so, so, so glad Nikolas was having none of her crap.

And the reason Carly was SOOOO pissed was because she needed to be at a mob meeting, not being inconvenienced with the daily tasks of parenting.  STFU, you asshole.

I didn't hate the Drew stuff.  I like the smirky smile at the end when he had the pen (or whatever that was) to get him out of the handcuffs.  All that SEAL training coming in handy. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Spencer: 
cockroach, fake blood maybe fake hand?

Stalker w/cute long hair Nurse assistant:
creepy teddy with Ryan's voice, car fire

I think Spencer only did the cockroach (because couldn't stop talking about it) and the fake blood (we saw him in the galary holding the device the set off the fake blood sprinklers.

The stuff with the fake hand, creepy teddy (but not to Avery) and the car fire with Kiki id badge was the stalking nurse. These were the more violent and more closely tied to Ryan

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, they retconned Nikolas’s existence, but she was kept a hostage and forced to marry Stavros (though that wasn’t legal), and he raped her. There were flashbacks that she and Stefan had a relationship behind Stavros’s back, so there was a time when Stefan thought Nikolas was his. Which is why Laura left without Nikolas when she finally escaped. She thought his “father” would be raising him.

Stavros was thought to be dead and Stefan was able to raise Nikolas despite Helena. We find out that Laura promised Helena to stay away from Nikolas in order to protect all her other loved ones. However, she tried to sneak to see Nikolas when he was still a small child (while she and Luke were still on the run from Frank Smith) and Helena retaliated by faking Leslie's death. Laura didn't know her mother was still alive until years later.

As for Nikolas as a father, he is a complete failure. He has spoiled and overindulged Spencer as a child and allowed him to continue to reward despite his bad behavior. Spencer had a credit card as a small child and used it to get anything he wanted including stealing an election. Nikolas comes up with this ridiculous plans in order to get revenge or get back his legacy, he never tries to actually talk to his son. Spencer has been shipped away as if he is an inconvenience and despite being spoiled by Nikolas what he really wanted and frankly needed was Nikolas' attention, guidance and parental limits.

Nikolas wanted to put the fear of god into Spencer rather than talking to him. What would have happened if Spencer picked up one of the many looking weapons at Wyndemere and used it to defend himself from the masked man that grabbed from behind by the throat all the while begging for him to not hurt him.

• Love 3

Not defending Nikolas' parenting, but Laura has never really taken care of her children/grandchildren beyond Lucky.  She has been a shit guardian to Spencer from the beginning, and we have commented on it in the past, so her laying down judgement on her son is bullshit.  Now, I don't blame her for not being the caregiver of Nik or Lulu, but she just... sent Spencer away, several times.  He kept coming back, obviously in need of someone to care for him (even KEVIN told her so) but she just sent him back to the same boarding school he had run away from and moved on.  The only time she actually spent a significant amount of time actually taking care of Spencer was the months after he broke his legs and she basically HAD to.  

• Love 4

This crap with Spencer reminds me of what a lost opportunity that character is.  When he was still really young, Nik specifically said he *didn't* want to raise Spencer to grow up like a Eurotrash Cassadine.  Plus it was in the wake of him trying to rebuild things with Lucky.  It would have made sense for him to have Spencer in a more positive relationship with the Liz/Lucky's kids from the start.  

Spencer should have been a Nik who got to grow up with his family from the start, but still unsure how to find his way forward given the Cassadines.  But I forgot, Frank's a genius and having NB play a spoiled dumbshit was SUPER funny and clearly the way to go.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

This crap with Spencer reminds me of what a lost opportunity that character is.  When he was still really young, Nik specifically said he *didn't* want to raise Spencer to grow up like a Eurotrash Cassadine.  Plus it was in the wake of him trying to rebuild things with Lucky.  It would have made sense for him to have Spencer in a more positive relationship with the Liz/Lucky's kids from the start.  

Nikolas named his son by the ridiculous name of Spencer to honor his mother's side of the family. Courtney was dead. Then he and Emily reunited and they were building a family to raise Spencer together. After she died and he spent months have sex with her ghost or tumor hallucination's of Emily, he kept going from one relationship to another.

I remember a scene clearly where he takes Spencer dressed in fancy clothes to Lucky and Liz's home to spend time with Cam and Jake. He looked in envy at how easily Lucky was with all the kids (before they turned Lucky into a deadbeat dad) and wished that he could be like Lucky.

Rather than building a better relationship with Spencer that same day, he stuck his tongue down Liz's throat. In the years that followed, Spencer grew close to women that Nikolas was involved with (Britt and Hayden) who gave him affection and attention. Something he desperately needed and wanted from his father.

• Love 2

I'm just astonished that the Cassadine Prince doesn't have a landline. 

How can Laura know for sure that Spencer had nothing to do with the car fire?  Just because he's standing there at the time doesn't mean he couldn't have paid someone to do it for him.  He is filthy rich. 

Did anything come of the exclusive bloody trail hiking boots?  Because I'd like to see poor innocent me Spencer take the fall for some of this.

Oh, and who carries a pen these days?

• Love 5

I just bought a whole pack of pens. I keep at least one in each purse and case.

Failing to follow through on the exclusive boots is another Jordan fail. And Dante is too busy romancing Sam.

Nikolas may have give Spencer his first credit card but Laura let him keep it with enough of a limit that Spencer could fly to Port Charles on it.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I just bought a whole pack of pens. I keep at least one in each purse and case.

Failing to follow through on the exclusive boots is another Jordan fail. And Dante is too busy romancing Sam.

Nikolas may have give Spencer his first credit card but Laura let him keep it with enough of a limit that Spencer could fly to Port Charles on it.

Numerous times and each time she was surprised that he flew himself home to Port Charles when she told him to stop doing that.

• Love 3

Does Laura know that her precious, fragile Spencer rigged her mayoral election?  Because I’d like to see what she thinks of that (though maybe she does know—I can’t remember—and thinks he was just being precocious.).

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
57 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still do. Carry multiple pens actually.

Rephrasing. 

What evil henchman carries a pen these days?

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Nikolas wanted to put the fear of god into Spencer rather than talking to him. What would have happened if Spencer picked up one of the many looking weapons at Wyndemere and used it to defend himself from the masked man that grabbed from behind by the throat all the while begging for him to not hurt him.

I think Nik may have gone slightly too far with fake stabbing him, but Spencer deserved having the fear of God put into him. Nik already tried to talk to him about it and Spencer still lied to his face and now that the fire happened, he's used it to weasel out of confessing, not that we really know if he would have confessed before Nik got that phone call. 

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think Spencer only did the cockroach (because couldn't stop talking about it) and the fake blood (we saw him in the galary holding the device the set off the fake blood sprinklers.

The stuff with the fake hand, creepy teddy (but not to Avery) and the car fire with Kiki id badge was the stalking nurse. These were the more violent and more closely tied to Ryan

I don't really consider sending someone a fake hand or sending that teddy to be violent acts. The fake hand was fake so there was nothing violent about it. It was absolutely creepy to send that doll to Avery, but all Avery knew was she had a talking doll, she wasn't upset by it - only the adults were freaked out because they knew who the doll belonged to. I think that's why Nik found it easy to believe it was Spencer. He mentioned that everything the stalker did was creepy, but not violent. That's why I think he did everything but the fire. The fire took it to a whole other level and was definitely more violent and, apparently digging up Kiki's grave, is on another level of twisted.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I do. I write, so I make sure to call a pen at all times in my purse - sometimes multiple pens.

Maybe he uses it as a torture device or he gets bored and does Mad Libs while watching over the prisoner(s). Though I guess a pencil would be better for that kind of thing.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Karen Wexler, Scotty's daughter, was only a teenager when Sonny got her hooked on drugs to keep her stripping in his sleazy club and sleeping with him. Karen had been sexually abused as child by one of her mother's boyfriends, she had told Sonny this during their "affair." When she started to resist him, he told her she must have wanted it to happen.

I imagine the rage levels were particularly high on the day when they recently had Sonny act aghast at Laura telling him about David Hamilton "seducing" her at 16.

Ugh, this show. I generally need to to turn off my sense of right and wrong in order to watch this show that has insisted on Sonny/Carly/Jason being the moral compass since about 2001 when they swapped out Sarah Joy Brown for Tamara Braun. THAT generally seems to have been when the mode of the show changed.

Spencer's crocodile tears creeped me the fuck out. Dude is insane. 

I kept waiting for Carly to ask Joss why she's wearing the Laura Ashley dress she wore to spring fling 1988.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought LW played that really well, too.

Yeah I have to say that was funny and realistic for any parent. Trina will be fine ok let’s go!  

15 hours ago, Hater said:

Did someone mention Sam's skirt? Well Kelly didn't take too kindly to the comments about it.

I think her whole outfit was bad and made her look heavy when she’s the tiniest thing. It was too much material and the top was too big. But I never blame the actors for their hair/makeup/clothes. It’s all on wardrobe and the wardrobe department on this show really needs some work. Maybe they just don’t have the budget. That could be a factor. I will say I really like all the pool outfits. They’ve been pretty cute, especially Liesl and Ava. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hate that "women need to support women" gets pulled out every time some snowflake doesn't like a minor critique. 

So much this. To talk about it in depth would take me way off-topic, but several years into the me-too/times-up era, I think we're in the midst of an overcorrection when it comes to discussion of pretty much anything woman-related (which, of course, means pretty much anything). I hope it eventually sorts itself out, keeping the good progress and doing away with the extremism and hypersensitivity, which often seems performative to me to shut other people down. If KMo thinks criticism of an unflattering skirt is the worst thing anyone wrote about her or Sam that day, I envy her sheltered 'net existence.  

14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I absolutely loved Nik's swagger yesterday after he revealed himself and how he didn't let even Laura's finger wagging stop him from pushing Spencer to confess.

Coloma does a lot of things well, but swaggering Nik is probably his strongest suit. His best day in almost two years on the show was bursting into the room soaking wet with Ava in his arms and just verbally shredding Valentin. I wish the writers would give him more wins. The way they write him a lot of the time, I was totally expecting Joss's bodyguard to shoot him when he sprang the trap on Spencer.   

12 hours ago, racked said:

But this teen version of Spencer? I’m kind of falling in love with. I might even become a daily watcher again, because the actor is good.

I'm trying to decide what's more miraculous: that they gave a young-adult role to a model with no acting experience and he's really good, or that Cameron Mathison, whom I never liked at all on AMC, had a great first day as a character I never found interesting and didn't really want back. I'm kind of into Drew II: Electric Boogaloo, so far.

In fact, I liked the whole Wednesday episode. I even enjoyed the ridiculousness of the Five Families putting the screws to Jason to make an honest woman out of the widow Corinthos. I almost hope they go as stupid with it as Days of Our Lives did many years ago, when Bo was undercover and a mobster was all "I want my guys to have stable family lives, so I need to see you dance romantically with Billie right in front of me."  

10 hours ago, ouinason said:

Not defending Nikolas' parenting, but Laura has never really taken care of her children/grandchildren beyond Lucky.  She has been a shit guardian to Spencer from the beginning, and we have commented on it in the past, so her laying down judgement on her son is bullshit.  Now, I don't blame her for not being the caregiver of Nik or Lulu, but she just... sent Spencer away, several times.  He kept coming back, obviously in need of someone to care for him (even KEVIN told her so) but she just sent him back to the same boarding school he had run away from and moved on.  The only time she actually spent a significant amount of time actually taking care of Spencer was the months after he broke his legs and she basically HAD to.  

I know Genie Francis is about to take one of her hiatuses, and I really hope Laura is still on the canvas when her precious grandson is exposed beyond any doubt for at least some of this stuff. I mostly hated her yesterday, and I usually do where her overindulgence of Spencer is concerned.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm just astonished that the Cassadine Prince doesn't have a landline. 

Then no one would get to look at a cell phone and yell, "No SERRRRRRRRVICE!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Then no one would get to look at a cell phone and yell, "No SERRRRRRRRVICE!"

When the teens announced that there was no cell service in the house, I was aghast, because Nikolas would never let that happen again!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Like others, I do! I have them in every bag/tote I regularly use.

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Does Laura know that her precious, fragile Spencer rigged her mayoral election?  Because I’d like to see what she thinks of that (though maybe she does know—I can’t remember—and thinks he was just being precocious.).

Of course not. That entire heinous story was completely swept under the rug, and I WILL NEVER FORGET.

• Love 5

I still haven't seen all of yesterday's episode (fell asleep when I was trying to catch the second half - obviously it didn't hold my interest), but I wanted to comment on two possibly UO's:

1) MC is the weak link in this story. His acting is mediocre at best. It's not so much that he isn't Nikolas the character, although he really hasn't struck me as such, but he hasn't done very much to impress me either.

2) Unlike everyone else here, I wasn't overly impressed with CM either. Did he do anything overly bad? No, but I'm not going to single him out or proclaim "he's the perfect Drew!" after only one episode. Plus, my judgment for acting well on this show is always going to lean towards the women. With very few exceptions, they act circles around the men time and time again, constantly. It's sad really, that it's so clearly obvious yet nothing is done about it.

34 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm trying to decide what's more miraculous: that they gave a young-adult role to a model with no acting experience and he's really good

Nicholas Alexander Chavez (still getting used to the name) doesn't have any TV experience but he is theater trained. So it's not like they just picked up a Ryan Paevey off the street (no offense to him, he's a lovely guy). He sent in a tape and they were impressed with it, it's a Mark Teschner casting choice. I'd rather have a million theater trained actors than boyfriends of lead female characters who claim to be Juilliard trained or actors being given their third and fourth roles on the show after Frank runs into them in the parking lot or the grocery store.

I realize I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, as I dragged NAC's acting the first few days/week on the show, but I've since turned around. He's turning out to be quite good. And his acting is far superior to that of his TV father.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Nicholas Alexander Chavez (still getting used to the name) doesn't have any TV experience but he is theater trained. So it's not like they just picked up a Ryan Paevey off the street (no offense to him, he's a lovely guy). He sent in a tape and they were impressed with it,

I didn't know. It didn't come up in the couple interviews I read with him, and I was going by his otherwise blank IMDb page. Well, it's good they went that way, then. 

Someone yesterday compared Spencer and Trina to Nikolas and Gia 20 years ago, and I can kind of see it, but I like these two better. Marisa Ramirez in her GH years had a kind of grating, whiny voice I never got used to, and Coltin Scott/Stephen Martines was my least favorite of all the Nikolases (counting temp recasts, five) even before those articles painted such a disturbing picture of him.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Rephrasing. 

A stupid one who talks too much?

Good help is so hard to find!

Also, add me to those impressed with Nicholas Chavez.  He had a rough start, but he's really settled into the role and he and Sydney Mikayla have good chemistry.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny forgave Spencer for election tampering and told him never to let anyone else know.

What more do y'all want?

Well there you go. The town mobster forgave him so therefore his actions were justified. 🙄 but didn’t Valentin know? Or Charlotte?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

2) Unlike everyone else here, I wasn't overly impressed with CM either. Did he do anything overly bad? No, but I'm not going to single him out or proclaim "he's the perfect Drew!" after only one episode. Plus, my judgment for acting well on this show is always going to lean towards the women. With very few exceptions, they act circles around the men time and time again, constantly. It's sad really, that it's so clearly obvious yet nothing is done about it.

I was expecting full on Ryan Lavery.  He was very controlled yesterday except in the fight scene with those crazy eyes.  We'll see if this continues.  I liked Billy, but the ship has sailed far far far far away.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Hater said:

I was expecting full on Ryan Lavery.  He was very controlled yesterday except in the fight scene with those crazy eyes.  We'll see if this continues.  I liked Billy, but the ship has sailed far far far far away.  

He seemed a little cartoony in his struggle with the guard. Not at the end though. Again, my hatred is probably clouding my judgment. If he continues to improve, I'll give him props. 

And on a related note, they just showed him and I'm already tired of him being captured. Doesn't bode well. Let him escape and get to PC already. I'm hoping for some hilarity between him and KeMo.

Edited by tvgoddess
7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

He seemed a little cartoony in his struggle with the guard. Not at the end though. Again, my hatred is probably clouding my judgment. If he continues to improve, I'll give him props. 

And on a related note, they just showed him and I'm already tired of him being captured. Doesn't bode well. Let him escape and get to PC already. I'm hoping for some hilarity between him and KeMo.

I think I might cringe if they reshoot some old Drew/Sam stuff because I don't see KM putting much into it.  Their acting styles are completely opposite.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

I think I might cringe if they reshoot some old Drew/Sam stuff because I don't see KM putting more into it.  Their acting styles are completely opposite.

Drew: SAM!!! I'm alive! Can you believe it????? Where's Scout?! I have to SEE her!!!

Sam: *mumble* Yeah, I guess. I think she's at Monica's. *mumble*

• LOL 12

I remember BM's debut but was long gone by the time Drew's plane crashed, so I don't have a problem with a recast in general.  Still, I hated Ryan Lavery and just hearing CM's voice sets my nerves on edge. I guess it's promising that I  didn't completely hate Drew yesterday.  Maybe because I was so ticked off at Spencer getting off the hook. 

We're at that stage where I just want something, anything to happen. Mysteries are fun but only up to a point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Well there you go. The town mobster forgave him so therefore his actions were justified. 🙄 but didn’t Valentin know? Or Charlotte?

If Valentin knew, there is no way he would have kept quiet about it. Not when it happened at a time when Valentin was more of a full on Villain and there was no good relationship between him and Laura.

So I’m thinking no, Valentin didn’t know.

As for Cameron, I’d stopped watching All My Children when he was on; many years, so he’s a blank slate for me.

• Love 1

Hmm my teevee provider isn't working online so i can't watch the show. 

Oh yay it's back.

Okay. is there not a medical term for "Locked In"? it sounds fake. poor Ava needs a hug. Legit. She wants to leave PC. (Is Maura West due for a Hiatus too?)

Carly: Nikolas is a self-absorbed Jerk. Jason: Agreed. Me: Show, are you freaking for real? I am still praying for Ms Woo to take out Carly. Why are we wasting our time with this. and now the line "Carly: Is any part of this wedding about us?"  Like bitch. get a clue. Jason's only doing this to save your life. He never hid that. No matter how much schmoopy music you play Show, I give zero poops. 

Okay - that was so freaking bitchy, all of those nurses needed to go kick a rock, and Terry is doing this "hey let's be all buddy buddy catch up", and doesn't invite Britt?  And Britt was trying to be a bigger person, and they were all being cows. I'm sorry, Terry that's bull. No you can't make people make Britt, but having a girls night out was your idea, and you excluded Britt. that's on you. When you saw her, you could have invited her. 

Epiphany: I never saw anything romantic between those two
Me: are you blind? Maybe not on Jason's end, but Carly's rabid for Jason for years

Laura shut up. honestly she's gonna get so much egg on her face it won't be funny. Omg. Now Laura is all like "I told you not to get involved with Cyrus." Nik: I just gave him back his mother, and Laura is like. "For what you wanted!" and nik is like "so she was better off as Carly's and Jason's hostage?" Laura: "She was safe!" Me: THAT'S NOT THE POINT! (I legit wonder if Genie is taking a hiatus because she can't stand the stupid). 

Soo... pretty long hair nurse shows up on the turret... (how? does she have a space ship?) whose name is Esme, stuck her tongue down Spencer's throat. Apparently she's a girlfriend... and crazypants. Even Spencer is taken aback from the crazy arson Esme did - but not taken back enough to play up being the victim. That's gonna blow up in his face too. But Nik is tres sads. So is Esme behind the crazier stuff? I'm confused. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 5

I'm just not buying that these teenagers can arrange fake blood coming out of sprinklers and blowing up a car. Especially this girl who just came on from out of town.

I missed the first half so was happy to tune in to see the nurses night out gossip session. Especially when they are gossiping about Carly right in front of Bobbie🤣🤣🤣

Did Milo and Epiphany break up? Was that before?

Edited by Blackie
Spelling due to typing on my phone

I am usually one of those people that watches the entire episode (yes, even the Nixon Falls shit) but even I fast forwarded through all the Laura/Nikolas scenes.  I just can not hear her chastise him from her soapbox anymore.

“Maybe people can change?” - Says Elizabeth, the woman who MARRIED A SERIAL KILLER.  And I say that as a Friz fan!  

I liked when they used to do GNO back in the day with Robin, Liz, and two other doctors I can’t remember right now (I think one was Lanie?).  But I didn’t enjoy the cattiness today.  It’s played out.  At least Britt pointed out the hypocrisy of Sonny worshippers looking down their noses at her, not that it registered at all with anyone.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 8