Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, why can’t soaps ever portray teens and partying realistically? Your parents go out and someone older gets a keg and chips and red solo cups. It can’t be that hard. Weren’t these writers and actors and producer teenagers? Secondly, the trio of Joss, Cam & Trina are such boring teens who are going to college. Then you throw in nuSpencer who is older but trying to portray younger with the Spencer dialogue talking a raging party where there aren’t, um, like any people. None of this is working for me. I want these kids off my screen and sent to college and now. Shouldn’t they be moving into their dorms by now? Good bye! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Jeez! 

If I remember correctly we first heard about Trina when she either threw a party with alcohol for all the underaged teens or she encouraged Joss to go to the party and lie about it to her parents. This would have been the same party that Joss met the cuter version of Oscar that didn't last long on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If I remember correctly we first heard about Trina when she either threw a party with alcohol for all the underaged teens or she encouraged Joss to go to the party and lie about it to her parents. This would have been the same party that Joss met the cuter version of Oscar that didn't last long on the show.

I forgot all about 2 day Oscar. I know he left to do a series but I wonder if it ever hit or not?! I’d look but I don’t care that much. LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Hater said:

I think on set they are but outside of that not too sure.  I think based on what I see MB say he likes the vibe he has with CW.  

Jeez, now I'm worried that SMike and Nina are meant to be long term. Honestly, other than Brender, none of Sonny's romantic pairings have worked for me.

• Love 3

lol. this bodyguard is supposed to be all around Joss, but it's like "yah go hang out with your friends i'll stay in the next room. Go explore the house. i'll just stay here." lol okay there.  This "epic rager party" is so lame lol

I'm just curious why Jax just doesn't have the phone in his pocket or something. why just have it there next to the poor moss who has done nothing to get yelled around all the time. (Though I am team Jax here. Morgan should totally be thrown in Carly's face all the time. and Michael getting shot in the head. "I'll do everything to protect them." yah. but they still end up being dead and hurt you dumbo). but he overplayed his hand. And now Carly has seen the phone. 
"I can't believe you'd go this far." says this stupid idiot. JAX WANTS TO PROTECT HIS DAUGHTER YOU IDIOT. All you keep saying is "you're going to deal with it." and be vague about it. 

Spencer was on point looking freaking scared
did i nap into October? Seriously? creepy guy w/a mask? Halloween in August?

Pretty nurse is a spy. for who?

Oh hi Ryan Lavery

See- this is a Friday Episode. Why we got it on Monday is surprising. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

See- this is a Friday Episode. Why we got it on Monday is surprising. 

They're still a day behind and haven't been able to catch up.

This party is so incredibly dumb. I'd rather watch the bodyguards offscreen.

And as much as I loathe Jax, shut your entire mouth up Carly and have several seats. Your righteous indignation is laughable.

EDIT: I try not to give KeMo crap about it, but I could hardly understand a damn thing. And now she's passed it on to Dom. Speak up, kids! And enunciate.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And as much as I loathe Jax, shut your entire mouth up Carly and have several seats. Your righteous indignation is laughable.

EDIT: I try not to give KeMo crap about it, but I could hardly understand a damn thing. And now she's passed it on to Dom. Speak up, kids! And enunciate.

ahh i see. thanks (I forgot that we are a day behind) - sometimes it's really obvious (like Friday's episode and today's)

lol. pretty much right? 
I'm assuming Jax's plan was to take this to Dante (who would do squat with it) or something, to show that there was a threat to Joss so maybe the police would get involved. 

If this was reversed, and Carly was demanding to know how Jax was going to protect her  daughter she wouldn't be mollified with simply "i've got it covered, trust me." Why the hell Jax should be shouldn't be blowing her mind. 

and i'm sorry "She's 18, has a boyfriend and starting college" is moot when someone is going after her. (i mean it's the mob so theoretically they could simply just go to australia if they really wanted to), but the entire dismissiveness is so dumb. I loved the whole "I live with what happened to Morgan every day." clearly not enough to get deeper involved. 

(I caught your edit. honestly... i would love to get a job where i can mumble and look exhausted like KeMo and still get paid)

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I will never understand why the producers of this show allow KM to talk through her nose and barely enunciate her words. Surely, they’ve read all of our complaints about her somewhere! And she ruining my favorite person, Dante!

• Love 4

There is no heat with Sam and Dante.  I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I don't see it.  She's going from JaSam which was a dumpster fire so this shoudn't be too hard but not feeling them overall. TBH I am really wondering why I ever like Drew and Sam with Miller because KM really just does the same thing in every paring of hers.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

There is no heat with Sam and Dante.  I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I don't see it.  She's going from JaSam which was a dumpster fire so this shoudn't be too hard but not feeling them overall. TBH I am really wondering why I ever like Drew and Sam with Miller because KM really just does the same thing in every paring of hers.

Her best pairing was with Billy Miller. I think, besides their chemistry, you could tell Kelly absolutely adored Billy and they were basically best friends off set, and they both loved the pairing so much.

I wish they could have gotten Billy back cause he does bring that sparkle out of Kelly. But he is much better off not having to play second fiddle to Jason.

• Love 17

I have to give DZ props that he's really working hard to generate heat with Sam. And lol that neither member of the 'single parent's club' have to go home and look after their children.

Nice directing that Eavesdropping Nurse walked through an earlier scene between Laura and Liz.

The show really should have forked over a few bucks for some random party guests because this way looks so cheap.

41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'm just curious why Jax just doesn't have the phone in his pocket or something. why just have it there next to the poor moss who has done nothing to get yelled around all the time.

Was Jax always this stupid? I don't remember it so but putting his phone on the table like that was such an idiotic move.

• Love 8
Just now, statsgirl said:

Was Jax always this stupid? I don't remember it so but putting his phone on the table like that was such an idiotic move.

especially when like a few weeks ago we saw Martin with his phone in his pocket recording the racist judge chick. so clearly this was a set up simply to have drah-mah

• Love 6
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

If I remember correctly we first heard about Trina when she either threw a party with alcohol for all the underaged teens or she encouraged Joss to go to the party and lie about it to her parents.

Actually, I think it was Carly finds a condom in Joss's backpack and Joss tells her she was hanging onto it for her friend, Trina.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Shouldn't the Joss/Trina/Cam actors actually be going to college around now (I know that the Joss actress is). I guess they will be off screen for a while. 

Hopefully. Too many teen focus this summer.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hater said:

Hopefully. Too many teen focus this summer.

True dat. This sad remake of "I know What You Did Last Summer" isn't cutting it. And the writers are trolling us so hard with the character's reference to horror movies. It's almost like they want us to know that they're in on the joke.

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

(I caught your edit. honestly... i would love to get a job where i can mumble and look exhausted like KeMo and still get paid)

It's hard to believe that some 20 years ago KeMo was ranked as one of the most beautiful women in the world. I want to like her for old time's sake, but her acting choices makes it difficult.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3

Spencer is a terrible host, since it sounded like most of the partygoers were outside and he stayed indoors with just his three townie friends. 

Geez, Jax, put the phone in your pocket or hide it in Moss--how obvious can you be?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The Jax/Carly conversation was a rehash of the same one they’ve continued to have forever. Assuming she didn’t catch him, what was the plan? I don’t buy that he’d turn the evidence over to the police (not even sure the PCPD would care considering how they work with the mob these days) and Joss would side with her mother no matter what. He’s lost the battle a long time ago but he serves no other purpose on this show right now. 

• Love 2

So, Jax is rightfully concerned over his daughter's safety and Jason's response is that he put his best bodyguard on Joss. And yet, said best bodyguard tells Joss/Cam that they can head up to the turret but if they're not back in 30 minutes, he'll come get them. Uhm, Joss can be killed/kidnapped/maimed 5 times in 30 minutes. The point of the bodyguard is to guard the body, not hang out in the front hallway, nowhere near the body that they're supposed to be guarding. So stupid. Jax is right to be concerned. Also Jax, you run a multi million dollar business, but you're going to leave the phone on the counter rather than hidden in your pocket. So stupid.

• Love 10

Kevin's first reaction seriously is that Spencer is NOT capable of terrorizing Ava? Does he not know his step-grandson at all? I don't expect him to admit to Laura that he thinks Spencer is a turd, but Kevin is supposed to be one of the smarter people in Port Charles.

Ugh, I can't listen to Carly and Jax have the same stupid argument about Joss's safety. Carly won't budge, Joss is a moron,  and Jax is beaten his head against the wall here. I don't have sympathy for him anymore. He knew who Carly was and what she was into when he married her. She hasn't changed an iota since then. Why does he expect it now?

I found the "sexy talk" between Sam and Dante so embarassing. Just awful.

I loved Trina's full-throated scream. Well done!

LOL at Spencer locking up behind his security dude. Way to keep people safe. I loved Trina mocking Spencer about not knowing how to reboot the cell booster. You tell that little turd, girl!

• Love 11
On 8/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, tvgoddess said:

I thought that she's looked amazing for more than just Friday. That day where she was talking to Liesl in her office and she was kind of at the window, the lighting was absolutely gorgeous and it framed her so well. But her hair, her makeup, all of it has been really flattering as of late. And her acting has been on point also. She's at the top of my list.

I thought the same thing. The only time I've managed to care at all about this story. I felt bad for Phyllis. At least she knows he went peacefully. I just wish this story was over. Now there's really no point in dragging it out anymore. Can we please move on?

Kelly T looks amazing, she's gorgeous and added to that, she can act.  She stands out to me right now as the player most likely to land in primetime, and I really don't understand why she hasn't.  She reminds me a lot of the actress who used to play Lilah on Angel, only IMO Kelly is more beautiful.  Same kind of energy and presence though. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 5

I thought Sam and Dante were SO hot.  But I always loved Dante and Kemo is such a beautiful woman... I don't really believe anyone can not see chemistry there, but I guess different strokes.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

It's hard to believe that some 20 years ago KeMo was ranked as one of the most beautiful women in the world. I still have her Maxim issue somewhere in storage. I want to like her for old time's sake, but her acting choices makes it difficult.

I've tried to give her chances because at one point I could tolerate Sam and liked KM, but I just can't anymore. The acting is just one constant mumble.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was an amazing scream worthy of any horror movie I've ever seen.

So tired of Carly and Jax having the same argument.  Jax, I like you, but this is what happens when you purposely procreate with a self-involved, smug asshole.  Though I will say Carly has some fucking nerve to act all "HOW DARE YOU!" when Jax brought up Morgan.  He's 100% correct, but he should've seen for the passed however many years it's been since Morgan went boom that at the end of the day, Carly loves her life as a mob moll to much to give it up, even for the safety of her kids.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But what was she screaming at exactly? The lights going out? My reaction to that would be, "oh crap". I did like her commitment to it though. Full on Jamie Lee Curtis.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I thought Sam and Dante were SO hot.  But I always loved Dante and Kemo is such a beautiful woman... I don't really believe anyone can not see chemistry there, but I guess different strokes.  

Their chemistry is fine but that, nor KM's beauty (which imo she looks off now due to her facial work) is enough to make up for her listless acting. But then her beauty at her prime was never enough for me to make up for her (imo) listless acting. And I think DZ is a great actor but nothing he is giving is overcoming the writing either.

Of course I am biased because they put Lulu in a coma. I get that Lante were stale but then recast Lulu and move her on as well.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Honestly, I thought Monaco seemed tired, bored, and poorly audible when she was paired with Billy Miller too. And the two of them together were a lot of muttering in one place. I remember transcribing an entire Sam/"Jason" conversation here with what I thought I was hearing with the captions off. It was probably funnier than what they were really saying.  

She was flat as a Kansas backroad opposite Jason Thompson as well.  The last time she really seemed energized to me for more than a few episodes at a time was during SB's original run, around the time Original Recipe Franco was terrorizing them.

I don't think the way she acts these days is something that will vary with a different leading man. It's more about being in a rut, having no passion for this character/job after most of 20 years, but with nothing better out there to take a risk on. Maybe she wishes she had taken a hard run at pilot season at her first escape opportunity in the aughts, when she was at or near the height of her Dancing with the Stars/Maxim fame. But I shouldn't mind-read. Maybe she really loves playing Sam and it just doesn't read at all. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Maybe she really loves playing Sam and it just doesn't read at all. 

I think KeMo can love playing Sam and still be bored as hell. Those aren't mutually exclusive. Her place on the show seems secure, and I think if she were interested in doing other things she has the clout to negotiate time off to do them. She's done it before, when she had that burlesque show in Vegas.

IMO, she's extremely complacent and knows that she can get away with doing the bare minimum. It doesn't help that the writing for Sam has been terrible for years, but that certainly isn't unique to Sam. Other actors make an effort. It's insulting that she doesn't.

• Love 9

I thought at least BM/KM had physical chemistry with one another. I thought her and Jason Thompson had a good vibe. As for KM's acting on its own, yes the beginning of her run on GH was probably the best she's done on this show. I just can't get into this Sam and Dante stuff.  I need more than they're better than the last go round of JaSam. And no I don't think their chemistry is all that great, it's serviceable.

It's all very forced and boring, and for me it's been that way since the moment they started to interact in January. The dialogue Dante was spitting out yesterday was stupid as well "I am not your type!" the digs at Jason were dumb as hell (don't even like him).  She's dated Patrick, Drew, and Lucky and she banged your father, buddy.  But yes you're so different than her past lovers.  Like @dubbel zout said the whole conversation was not sexy.  It was cringey.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

You know, I swear I saw KMo shooting some sensuous looks at Dante yesterday, the kind I haven’t seen from her since her days as a groupie for a Vampire boy band led by Caleb Morley. They both appeared engaged. Maybe this pairing could work (ducks and cowers for cover).

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't see KeMo doing anything different than she does with every single pairing, especially the thing she does where she bites her finger to show seduction or whatever the hell that is. Meh.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

And whoever said Josslyn is an idiot is spot on.  The whole "ZOMG, you guys love each other--when's the wedding?" dialogue makes her sound like such a simpleton.

I ...think?.... the Show is trying to have Josslyn project her "I've fallen in love with my best friend Cam" storyline onto her mother and Jason, starting with the "relationships can be complicated" line right before she and Cam were "officially" a couple, when Jason and Carly announced their engagement. Carly reacted like, when did you become an authority on relationships. 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I was kind of disappointed in the Ava/Nik scenes today. I think the show has done an actually good job of toning down Ava's more self-destructive impulses, without completely neutering the character - she can still be snarky and live in a grey area - but I felt like her reaction today was very un Ava-like. Maybe it's just because Nik's evidence was shaky and maybe when she knows definitively Spencer is behind it her reaction will be more intense, but I expected some anger, but there was none. And I didn't buy her confusion over Spencer being nice to her and why would he do that. Spencer used that conversation to make sure she stayed away from Nik completely, which is exactly what the stalker would do. I like that she loves Nik enough to not want to see him ruin his relationship with Spencer - especially given what happened with her and Kiki - but I don't buy her wanting him to do nothing. 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:58 AM, tvgoddess said:

I really didn't like Ava's reaction today. She should have been angry and not acted so clueless. She isn't dumb, and she should have realized what Nik said was very possible. She's had to give up her only child to CARLY, FFS! And why shouldn't Nik set him up to be found out and possibly publicly humiliated?

Ava doesn't know Spencer that well. Spencer and Nik's relationship has been in a really bad place, and Spencer is his only child.  Ava knows what it's like to lose a child. She's still living with the grief of losing Kiki; the idea of losing her only living child to a stalker is absolutely terrifying.  I think at least 50 % of her reaction to Nikolas is projection of her loss of Kiki onto him.  And of course she doesn't want to believe that the son of the man she loves, would be so dark and twisted as to threaten her little girl who is also his cousin.  Spencer supposedly loved and respected Avery's father, "Uncle Sonny," so I understand that skepticism.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, Blackie said:

Trina looked fabulous. Cam looked spiffy in both outfits. Spencer looked like Euro-trash (am I allowed to say that?).

I thought Spencer looked like he was dressed to study or watch movies on the couch - not at all party attire.

On 8/15/2021 at 1:03 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

all Spencer can talk about is a night of "epic bad behavior." What does that even mean, drinking your milkshakes without straws?

Apparently "epic bad behavior" is off-screen dancing so much that not one of them has a hint of sweat on them, and using props to take cutesy shots in a party photo booth.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

(Though I am team Jax here. Morgan should totally be thrown in Carly's face all the time. and Michael getting shot in the head.

I laughed at Carly's "HOW DARE YOU?!" reaction and baring her front teeth to attack, when Jax brought up Morgan. It was in fact a Mob car bomb that blew up, just not one Sonny planted.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

The dialogue Dante was spitting out yesterday was stupid as well "I am not your type!" the digs at Jason were dumb as hell (don't even like him).  She's dated Patrick, Drew, and Lucky and she banged your father, buddy.  But yes you're so different than her past lovers.  Like @dubbel zout said the whole conversation was not sexy.  It was cringey.

DZ seemed like he was really trying to make it work. I actually was amused by the "I'm not your type" digs because "brooding" and "law breaking" applies to both Jason and Sonny, and shows that Sam has poor judgement. She deliberately chose men who made her life difficult.  Drew doesn't count since she only fell for him because she thought he was Jason. It seemed like she dated Patrick mostly because she liked the idea of a stable daddy for Danny and could gain a daughter by being the mother presence to Patrick's daughter, Emma.  As for Lucky, she seduced him as a Fuck you to Elizabeth and Jason.

That call was a fail for both KeMo and CM. He sounded like Drew was casually calling Sam while driving somewhere, and Sam just seemed kind of startled like a colleague she hadn't heard from in years decided to get in touch.
Speaking of - LOLOLOL that Sam thinks very highly of herself, presuming she and Dante are "colleagues."  Lady, you're a felon.  Dante just reminded you of that about 5 minutes ago at the scene of Naomi's death/murder. 

My jaw dropped when Laura asked Elizabeth if she'd been in touch with her dad about Naomi's death, Elizabeth replied she hadn't heard from him "in months" and seemed to imply that her parents are divorced. This is the first time I've EVER heard Elizabeth acknowledge any sort of contact with her parents. Just weeks ago, Scotty asked her if her father could come to help her.  Elizabeth wondered aloud to to Laura if she'll ever hear from or see Hayden again. This makes me wonder if the Show intends to bring back Dr. Webber and/or Hayden.  If not, at least bring back her brother, Steven Lars! He should definitely be out of prison by now.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think KeMo can love playing Sam and still be bored as hell. Those aren't mutually exclusive. Her place on the show seems secure, and I think if she were interested in doing other things she has the clout to negotiate time off to do them. She's done it before, when she had that burlesque show in Vegas.

IMO, she's extremely complacent and knows that she can get away with doing the bare minimum. It doesn't help that the writing for Sam has been terrible for years, but that certainly isn't unique to Sam. Other actors make an effort. It's insulting that she doesn't.

That’s where I am with Sam as well. Her lack of effort is so blatantly apparent and I reached a point where I’m annoyed when she’s sharing screentime with my favorite characters because it ruins their scenes for me. All I see is low energy, mumbling, awkward pauses mixed with rushing through dialogue and staring at the ceiling. I also think she gives nothing back to her screen partners when they have their bigger scenes. The main one in the past few years was Alexis. It was painful to watch her stonefaced in those scenes. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I laughed at Carly's "HOW DARE YOU?!" reaction and baring her front teeth to attack, when Jax brought up Morgan. It was in fact a Mob car bomb that blew up, just not one Sonny planted.

How else is Jax supposed to make the point that Carly's children are in danger if he doesn't bring up the fact that Carly's children have been in danger and one DIED from that danger? That was not a cheap shot in the least.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

How else is Jax supposed to make the point that Carly's children are in danger if he doesn't bring up the fact that Carly's children have been in danger and one DIED from that danger? That was not a cheap shot in the least.

Sonny may not have planted it, but if he wasn't in "the business" the bomb wouldn't have been there, so yes, the Corinthos ~lifestyle is the danger.  And it's laughable that Carly, of all people, would ever accuse anyone of a cheap shot.  She invented them.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny may not have planted it, but if he wasn't in "the business" the bomb wouldn't have been there, so yes, the Corinthos ~lifestyle is the danger.  And it's laughable that Carly, of all people, would ever accuse anyone of a cheap shot.  She invented them.

That story was also retconned because MB complained. The original version had Sonny behind the car bombing and the justification was that obviously he didn’t know that Morgan would try to steal Julian’s car and die in the process. Months later, they introduced Olivia Jerome and suddenly she was behind both the car bomb and everything Julian did. Not as bad as what they are doing with Hayden’s shooting but still a massive whitewash for Sonny and Carly, who now got to blame someone else for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

what would scare me more - is how easily Carly shrugs off the danger that has befallen her children. Like she "says" the right things but 2 seconds later it's more of "meh it's with the territory" which is why when it does happen you don't really feel sorry for her at all. Like if Joss were to be killed via Novak... would Carly really do anything differently? She'll cry, scream, be "I miss Joss" but 2 years tops she's sniffing around trying to be the top mob moll in town (again)

• Love 3

I think that was the correct decision. It's already ridiculous enough Sonny killed AJ, it would be even more so if he were just chilling around town after killing Morgan.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think that was the correct decision. It's already ridiculous enough Sonny killed AJ, it would be even more so if he were just chilling around town after killing Morgan.

Personally I disagree because it gave Sonny and Carly a reason to smugly look down on the Jeromes. They would mention it once a week for years. It’s part of what makes them so unrootable. They judge others for doing the same exact thing they do and get to pretend like they are parents of the year because of the slanted writing. I despised Guza’s GH but there was at least an attempt to show that Sonny’s life brought danger to his kids which he frequently disregarded. It’s half hearted as best now. Nothing really ever happens to his kids/stepkids because of the mob threat and I doubt we’ll ever see anything different. 

• Love 8

If my husband that I thought was dead called me on the Phone. "Drew?!" wouldn't be my reaction. I'd be freaking the hell out that I thought a dead man was calling me. Sam is very relaxed about this. 

Wasn't Joss's bodyguard named Devin?  Who is creepy nurse?(Looking at the opening credits - i actually like trina's braids better) 

Sasha/Brando baby: don't care

Ava/Portia - just being awesome. The entire thing. (See Ava + Portia would be great BFFS not Nina + Ava)... i wonder if the Stalker is the guy who sexually assaulted Kiki?

Laura Pissed Off Gramma: Activated. And she does it so..sweetly LOL. Now Laura: Pissed off Mommy is activated and she is maaadd. Kevin and she are going off on him

Spencer is sad he can't get alone time with Trina lol that poutface "FINE i'll check the wifi" was so funny.  This entire thing was pretty good coming out. (But with Ava's car getting on fire it might let Spencer skate free on everything). Yah Laura went right to Spencer is innocent

Carly vs Jax:
Carly is demanding the eff was going on and he was trying to get her to incriminate herself and what was Jax going to do with it? (good question, put her butt in jail hopefully.... does Jax even know that Carly had Sonny drug him to lose custody of Joss ages ago? I forgot)

No, Carly she's not your first priority. Clearly. Jax is laying it down right there. "What's more important to you the business or your daughter?" and Carly has her bitch please screw you look on her face.  I don't think Jax would have taken it to the cops (because it would hurt Joss). at the end of the day but I think he would have used to to pressure Carly to potentially for once to do the right thing in her life and put her children first. (or at least hear how "business" she is)

I am so tired of everyone treating Jax like he's freaking out that Joss is going to college and he can't control her or one of those Father of Brides movies and he's being irrational about dumb stuff  he should get over it. A mobster threatened her.  (and Joss was stupid that she just pushed his buttons so it pretty much was worse). Carly doing "everything she can to protect her family" would have been you know not getting involved with a mobster, getting out when Michael got shot in the head, getting out when Morgan got blew up, and 100 percent not getting involved when Jason flat out told you not to. 

Carly is all like "we're done" and Jax is like "You still don't get it you stupid bint" and Carly's biggest concern is that she could be incriminated - not that Jax could (and is) right. And Jax keeps slapping the truth bombs, by basically saying, "You could have left, and Jason could have taken over and nothing would have been different." (what he should have added was mostly because Sonny/Jason kept you (and kept telling you) to stay away from the business Sonny dies, and she went "WHEEEEE!" and jumped in with 2 feet and eyes wide open). 

and I'll have to point out:

Having Sonny give Jax a drug to make him lose custody (and he could have died on your wishes and (if he knows) he forgave you "but omg he betrayed me because he wanted to slap me with truth bombs". Carly just forever shut your mouth and kick rocks then die. 

this was a pretty good episode, but holy hell did Carly make me rage. lol my head hurts.

• Love 7

I don't think it can ever be said enough times in the day, but STFU, Carly. STFU STFU SHUT THE FUCK UP, you goddamn heifer. Please, put the snarling on mute. Nobody cares that  you're hurt by what Jax did. 

"He betrayed me."

Fling barware at him, why don't you. 

Honestly, I'd like the writers of the show to shit across from me and explain to me what's so rootable about Carly. Tell me, writers, why am I supposed to like Carly and disagree with everything that Jax has been saying about her? Tell me, show, why am I supposed to root for her and Sonny and Jason? And out of the three mentioned, she has got to be the worst of them.

I still think Heather Webber has something to do with some of the stuff that has happened with Ava, including the car burning down. Spencer very clearly did the blood and the roach and the fake hand, but I'm not sure that he was behind the teddy bear. Avery is also his cousin, the daughter of his late beloved *grabs the nearest barf bag* uncle. 

I thought the actor did well in his scenes. He's settling into the role. And that was one lame-ass party, btw. I get that there's a pandemic and that the show didn't want to hire a bunch of extras, test them, put them in very close confines. Party still lame, though.

Portia/Ava scenes were great. More female friendships please and thanks (Carly not included). 

Shouldn't Ava be rushing to the cemetery to make sure Kiki's grave hasn't been dug up? I'm sure the smirking nurse made the card, but still. I also feel like the Spencer and Ava stuff would be more appropriate for Halloween than the month of August.

So Drew has been locked up on a cargo ship for 2 years with someone who seems to have a Scottish accent? I don't know, Sam, maybe you should contact Spinelli to try and trace the call. 

• Love 6

Spinelli is too busy wiping Jax's phone to trace Sam's call. I really hope the international businessman had backed everything up. I would be furious if I were Jax but I'm not sure how much madder he can get. And so what if Carly incriminated herself? It's not like PCPD is going to do anything about it. Dante would probably just cover it up because Avery and Donna need her.

One of the reasons I hate Jason is because he always props Carly no matter how stupid she is and never calls her out on it.

Why does Joss need Mommy to pick her up from the island? She's an adult, she's with Cameron and her mob bodyguard. Let her get home on her own.

I don't like to bash Sam/KM but her reaction to the phone call was so lame. "Help me" when Dante got there from this supposedly tough PI, wondering why someone would try to distract her from the only case she's had in the past three years, and then finally putting it together that no one saw Drew's body so hey, maybe it really was him alive.

Props to the show for finding a way to continue Ava's stalker but I was hoping that this would all be over now. I thought that the creepy nurse looked a lot like Keifer's sister who was terrorizing Alexis, and a younger Harmony. Seems the casting director has a Type.

I really liked the Ava/Portia scenes. They're doing a good job of integrating Portia except in the endless "we kissed' scenes with Curtis.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, he's such a wienie.

Why the GH mob story is so gummy bear. Tony Soprano would have owned it.

13 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Looking at the opening credits - i actually like trina's braids better) 

Me too, but I imagine that they're a lot of work.

• Love 4