Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Alexis does not come off well in her interactions with Harmony. I mean, she's the inmate.

IA that Alexis came off hypocritical on Wednesday but to be fair, Alexis wasn’t the one interrogating Harmony on Friday. It was only Nikolas and Sam attacking her. The only thing I remember her chiming in about is that opening someone else’s mail is a federal crime.

I think for some reason they’re trying to redeem Harmony because Alexis, Sam, and Nikolas came off as overly aggressive towards her this week and she came off like the reasonable one who is holding herself accountable for her past actions and saying that she is trying to be a better person. Ironically, something those 3 never do. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I know people have speculated that Cameron Mathison might be a recast Drew but just looking at Joey Novack yesterday,  I can see him as the uncle. There's enough of a physical resemblance. 

No. We’ve already seen the Uncle Novak, who heads the organization. He apologized to Jason after the first time Joey made a threat to Jar Jar Binks (when Joey told he was now working for them) and promised it wouldn’t happen again. Then again after the “engagement” when SheBeast was flaunting that ring around for all to see.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I know people have speculated that Cameron Mathison might be a recast Drew but just looking at Joey Novack yesterday,  I can see him as the uncle. There's enough of a physical resemblance. 

I wanna say that they already introduced his uncle, Vincent Novak and that he had scenes with Jason and Carly at the MC restaurant. 

I've sort of wondered if the Novaks don't have Drew. Not that Jason or Carly would care about that anyway.

31 minutes ago, ouinason said:

But Loraine is just not as cool of a name as Harmony.

Actually, I couldn't even remember her real name.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

know people have speculated that Cameron Mathison might be a recast Drew but just looking at Joey Novack yesterday,  I can see him as the uncle. There's enough of a physical resemblance. 

We already met the uncle. He’s much older.

• Love 2

Alexis does not come off well in her interactions with Harmony. I mean, she's the inmate. 

Not to mention, Alexis is hardly one to talk about relationships with criminals.  I mean, her dating profile is like a FBI Most Wanted poster. 

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

And speaking of Harmony, shouldn't they change her name back to whatever her real name was before she joined DoD?

Didn't she try and then went back to Harmony because she said she just didn't relate to her real name? 

• Love 6

Ah, I must have missed a day.  Or was playing Freecell and only half listening when the uncle was onscreen. I appreciate the reminders. 

eta: part of that was wishful thinking as rival mobs really don't last long. I think the Zaccarias (spelling?) lasted the longest, didn't they? 

4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Ah, I must have missed a day.  Or was playing Freecell and only half listening when the uncle was onscreen. I appreciate the reminders. 

He was only on for like a minute both times. I remember @perkie1968’s post it was, I think, that had Uncle not believing the “engagement” announcement has anything to do with Wuuuuuuve. His expression as SheBeast was waving her finger and running same hand through her hair so the ring would flash said it all.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Well I think for the most part, GH always had a strong criminal element which is fine. but then they just kiss Bernard, Wright and Burton's butt - and they like the mob element so they always pump it up. And since the Corinthii never lose, it's always the same crap different story.

There were always bad guys especially when the WSB arrived but they were never the "heroes" of the show. until The Sopranos hit and the EP fell in love with MB.

4 hours ago, lorj said:

So many mobsters on this show. Why doesn't gh stop with the mob? Who cares ? We don't even know what their business is.

On purpose. Because they have to be the good guys. If they did real mob things, they wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I think for some reason they’re trying to redeem Harmony because Alexis, Sam, and Nikolas came off as overly aggressive towards her this week and she came off like the reasonable one who is holding herself accountable for her past actions and saying that she is trying to be a better person. Ironically, something those 3 never do. 

Sam and Nik don't admit to flaws, maybe Nik a little bit over playing dead. But Alexis pleaded guilty and ended up in prison because she wanted to take responsibility for what she had done.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

On purpose. Because they have to be the good guys. If they did real mob things, they wouldn't be.

Pretty much. 

I love how all the five families and every single bad person does actual criminal stuff. Like

Luis Alcazar - Gun Runner
Lorenzo Alcazar - Gun Runner/Working with (evil) people. 
Faith - mobstress (Carly only wishes she could reach Faith levels of awesome)
Zacaaras- guns + drugs 
Cyrus - drugs
Novaks - probably drugs, guns.

The Corinthos Organization?
Gummi Bears and being pains in my ass. 
they clearly intimidate people for protection money. I know Sonny had strippers and underage people in a club. people suggested money laundering. but the show legit needs to poop and get off the pot. I'm tired of being told how "evil" all these mobsters are but the Corrinthi answers to the Families and does criminal actions too. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

But Alexis pleaded guilty and ended up in prison because she wanted to take responsibility for what she had done.

And that should have made her much more sympathetic toward Harmony, who was doing the same. Or Alexis could at least admit to the hypocrisy. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Not a fan of how Alexis, Nik and Sam are treating Harmony. In case you didn’t notice Alexis, you’re in prison. You’re hardly in a position to judge others. 

So I don't really have a problem with Alexis being hostile to Harmony because of the whole Kristina situation, but Harmony has actively tried to change. She turned on Shiloh, she testified against him, she went to jail and served her time. She is on parole and she is trying to contribute to society by working jobs that no one really wants to work. 

When it comes to the supporting cast, the show is never about where the character starts and where the character is now. It's always about their past when the main cast is stagnant AF and never changes. Jason is still a murdering thug, Carly is still the biggest asshole this side of the equator, and everyone else is judgmental, but never of the people who should be judged.

In conclusion, the writing sucks. 

• Love 18
On 8/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Too bad they were wrong about that. And speaking of Harmony, shouldn't they change her name back to whatever her real name was before she joined DoD?

Well, Willow didn’t change hers back, so…

20 hours ago, ouinason said:

But Loraine is just not as cool of a name as Harmony.

Kali (I had to look it up), on the other hand, sounds like a perfect soap name. But then what would we call her and Michael? Kachael? Mili, rhymes with Wiley? 

Nah, she should just leave it alone.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Kali (I had to look it up), on the other hand, sounds like a perfect soap name. But then what would we call her and Michael? Kachael? 

Kali is also the Hindu Goddess of Destruction 

And that was her name before?🙄😒

E7609F4C-0521-46F8-BA52-858DBF018585.jpeg

• LOL 6
53 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I think there's a difference between Willow and Harmony, though. Willow changed her name to Willow to escape Shiloh and Dawn of Day. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think there's a difference between Willow and Harmony, though. Willow changed her name to Willow to escape Shiloh and Dawn of Day. 

Ah, ok. I was thinking Willow was her DoD name. So I guess she was making a statement by choosing that: I bend, but I don’t break? A bit on the nose, but then, this is Willow we’re talking about. (I’d rather be the goddess of destruction, lol.)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I don't really have a problem with Alexis being hostile to Harmony because of the whole Kristina situation, but Harmony has actively tried to change.

That's why I'd like Alexis to at least acknowledge her hypocrisy: "I should be happy for Harmony trying to change her life but I can't forgive her for what DoD did to Kristina." Why is it so hard for the writers to put in lines like that?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's why I'd like Alexis to at least acknowledge her hypocrisy: "I should be happy for Harmony trying to change her life but I can't forgive her for what DoD did to Kristina." Why is it so hard for the writers to put in lines like that?

Co-sign.  Alexis can say she can't forgive what Harmony did while still believing she's changed.  The whole "what's your angle?" said so snidely--including accusing her of being a stalker and abetting a serial killer--is not a good look.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Co-sign.  Alexis can say she can't forgive what Harmony did while still believing she's changed.  The whole "what's your angle?" said so snidely--including accusing her of being a stalker and abetting a serial killer--is not a good look.

I rewatched the scenes from Wednesday and Alexis did soften towards Harmony at the end of their conversation and said she understood trying to change and said something about one day at a time so the conversation wasn’t as bad as I remembered. Nikolas and Sam came off worse when they approached her on Friday tbh. Sam said she believed her at the end but it didn’t follow the rest of the conversation unless we’re supposed to believe that she thinks everyone on parole is magically trying to do better. Alexis is obviously still suspicious of Harmony but I’d be ok with that if she had acknowledged that she has the same track record with falling in with terrible men.

Alexis also mentioned Harmony falling in with Cyrus after getting out of prison. I suspect when the actress didn’t return after Covid, they gave a modified version of the storyline she was supposed to have with Cyrus and passed it on to Gladys. Idk I don’t get why they brought this character back especially to interact with Alexis and Ryan who she’s had nothing to do with before this. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Alexis also mentioned Harmony falling in with Cyrus after getting out of prison. I suspect when the actress didn’t return after Covid, they gave a modified version of the storyline she was supposed to have with Cyrus and passed it on to Gladys. Idk I don’t get why they brought this character back especially to interact with Alexis and Ryan who she’s had nothing to do with before this. 

I wanna say that maybe part of Harmony's storyline went to Brando. As far as I remember, and I am very much known for remembering wrong, Jason and Harmony looked like they were going to start working together, that she was going to become a mole in Cyrus's organization as long as Jason protected Willow.

• Useful 1
On 8/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, statsgirl said:
On 8/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, lorj said:

So many mobsters on this show. Why doesn't gh stop with the mob? Who cares ? We don't even know what their business is.

Exactly.  But I still maintain that the Corinthos business really is importing coffee (because running sanitation isn't glamorous enough for Sonny), but it's grown with child slave labor and Sonny does all the illegal things to cover that up.

5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Idk I don’t get why they brought this character back especially to interact with Alexis and Ryan who she’s had nothing to do with before this.

With Alexis it could be interesting considering Harmony and Kristina's involvement in DoD.  And I always like seeing Inga Cadranel.

• Love 1

Is Amanda Setton pregnant again or something? Her clothes is getting bigger and frillier by the day? 

Oh. Willow decides now it has to end. Whatever.  Willow go kick a rock. "OH the day he takes five steps thus will be happy he can walk,  is the day i'm gonna destroy his life." Why don't you just do it now you selfish dummies. So basically it's still not going to end.. 

Oh ewww. Sex flashback. STOP. I don't want to see it.  hahahahha "Maybe he can see what we did and forgive us?" hahahahahahahahahahaa. These people suck so much. Willow can't even be a good pretend wife and go with Chase to his PT. Michael can't even offer to drive him. They want to be all "Willow was so dignified when dealing with Harmony." Gag me with a skipole already.

BLQ just blew up Michael's world because she has eyes and can see the schmoopy crap between Millow. Michael unleashes: constipated eyeroll face. BLQ is feeling guilty about the Bailey lie. but. MICHAEL - YOU HAD A CHOICE.  STOP MAKING IT LIKE YOU HAD TO LIE. Chase could have taken the truth while he was sick. 

Chase remembers his wedding day in a whole new light. So Sad. Chase no longer loves Willow. (YES!). What I didn't like was Chase saying "Willow is in a marriage she doesn't want to be in" Where he should say "He no longer wants to be in it either."

OH Yay.. a Sam Day.... *rolls eyes*
to be fair.... my mom sometimes forgets my name. So did my gramma and grampa. it happens.. Oh Is Violet's gramma dead? RIP Gramma. 

Nik you are so dumb. just pocket the letter if you're going to be all illegal. Opening it in front of the guard basically is just dumbness... Ohhh. Nik got there. Spencer could be the stalker. finally. Alexis is talking him out of it. Oh Nik did take the letter. 

Trina darlin - let it go. your mom is a human. Trina: My mom is human. Me: Can i have a million dollars? I do think Spencer is right and she can have a reaction to it, but i don't know they are just making it sound like Portia had a right to tell Trina and that's why Trina's upset. that's how it feels anyway.

Scotty/Austin  - honestly I still don't get how they are even going to win this? Ahuh. there just happens to be letters from Edward about changing his mind. Ahuh. Oh. that's why Austin's being friends with Chase. Seriously, Chase needs new friends. 

It was a mehish episode. 
* Trina writing kick me on Spencer's back was kinda funny but.. not sure why she did it . 
* Nik finally finding the plot was nice. 
*Finding out why Austin is manipulating Chase (like a Q) is cool. but legit honestly. I don't like Howarth as Austin so i don't want him to win. (even if it means Michael loses). 
*Michael + Willow legit make me feel violence. I wanna pop their heads like grapes. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but i don't know they are just making it sound like Portia had a right to tell Trina and that's why Trina's upset. that's how it feels anyway.

This drives me crazy.  My kids know how my hubby/their father and I met but they don't need to know about the rest of my love life, prior to their existence.  The fact that Trina believes she has a right to know about Portia's lovelife is anoying to me.  

• Love 7

The only thing worth commenting on is Trina again looked fabulous in her swimsuit and cover up. Girl hasn't missed yet on these pool outfits.

The rest? Sucked. Not going to pore over every minutiae with such a C storyline lineup as today. The writers are clearly trolling though with Michael calling himself vanilla and Chase saying he wished Willow and Michael never existed. 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

This drives me crazy.  My kids know how my hubby/their father and I met but they don't need to know about the rest of my love life, prior to their existence.  The fact that Trina believes she has a right to know about Portia's lovelife is anoying to me.  

That's the thing. 
Like. you are bummed out that your mom had an affair? Okay sure you have that right.But the way she's going on how Mom never told me, and I always thought a-b-c and x-y-z and i needed to know.. that's why that one episode i was glad that Portia told her (very nicely) that honey chile, I am not your best friend so i owe you squat. 

I just feel this entire thing is trying to set up Curtis as Trina's father (which we don't need). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

LOL that Trina recorded Spencer snoring and wrote "Kick me" on his back. Atta girl!

On the other hand: Trina, your mom is entitled to her own life and her own secrets. You don't get access to everything.

Ryan used some nice Crane stationery for that letter to Spencer, heh.

The house I grew up in has a powder room, and it's certainly no Q mansion.

"I just wish Michael and Willow never existed." You are not alone, Chase. You are not alone.

• Love 14

Nice little Stuart Damon montage at the end, but is that all they’re going to do for him?

(just watched the old Cinderella over the weekend, and he was such a handsome man)

• Love 1
Just now, AuxArx said:

Nice little Stuart Damon montage at the end, but is that all they’re going to do for him?

(just watched the old Cinderella over the weekend, and he was such a handsome man)

ohhh there was a montage?! yay!

• Love 1

Yeah, if that's all they're doing to honor SD? I shouldn't be surprised but that really sucks. 

My mom is the opposite of Portia. Completely tells me everything about her love life, sometimes more than I ever wanted to know.

• Love 3

Chase, you cannot imagine how much I co-sign wishing that Willow and Michael had never existed. I agree with @Daisy
that the least Willow can do is go with Chase to his PT appointment since she's going to GH anyway to start her shadowing. Millow really suck.

I don't think that Trina is entitled to know all about Portia's love life but her mother cheating on her father during their marriage, that's a huge deal.

I don't see the point in a plot twist of looking through Edward's papers for a change of mind. If he wrote to Jimmy Lee that wanted to change his will and he spoke to his lawyer about it, what is one more paper going to do?

Is it

Spoiler

Drew/CM

threatening Naomi? She had to look way up and those were pretty big shoes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

I wondered the same thing. I saw the montage start and thought, "ooh,, it must be a teaser for the SD tribute episode." NOPE!

That's really crappy if the "tribute" to SD is a brief montage of just footage of him (no Alan and Monica, Alan and young Jason/SBu,, etc.) after an episode where the only people talking about Alan were Austin and Scott, and the only Qs in the episode were BL and Michael.  Michael and Willow really are the worst. They're acting like Chase is some guy in a wheelchair living at the Q mansion who is a burden on their great lurvvvee, until he can walk.  I would never guess that Willow ever genuinely cared about him, let alone was completely in love with him.  Ugh!!  Michael,  shut the HELL up.

I'm so confused about the Naomi/Sam and Shawn stuff and why a guy in a tux would be hiding ...in Naomi's bathroom? So now Naomi's dead because someone's after Hayden, or after Violet?  Shawn as Mr. Seeker of Justice makes me roll my eyes. 

Alexis, have you ever met Spencer? He's not "a ham."

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Alexis, have you ever met Spencer? He's not "a ham."

He's been a drama queen, I'll give her that. But mostly he's a turd who was never punished for tampering with an election (NEVER FORGET), among other grievous faults.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

the least Willow can do is go with Chase to his PT appointment since she's going to GH anyway to start her shadowing. Millow really suck.

This is what's driving me insane. (and this is where I feel for Chase for "not seeing it." They get married, he's basically dead, he comes back, and he moves to Q's (because of whatever dumb reason they come up with) -and Willow doesn't like.. share who sleeps at the gatehouse with Michael? like. even if it's separate rooms or something - like you are't there if he needs help in the middle of the night? I'm assuming they don't want to move Wiley again (who cares about him) but i mean. 

hell, if it were me, i would be there at the crack of dawn making sure that Chase was okay to go for the day. Willow is all ONCE HE TAKES FIVE STEPS ON HIS OWN I CAN BLOW UP HIS WORLD, WOOHOO! - so you don't even go to PT to see if he can take said 5 steps on his own? Like y'all aren't even acting like friends or acquaintences like y'all knew the guy for longer than a day or something.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And somehow, even after all of that, Chase will end up as the bad guy in this.

yeah if tomorrow's previews are any indication...they are gonna tank Chase from here till doomsday to justify Millow. Because God forbid they face the consequences of their actions

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is it

Reveal spoiler

Drew/CM

threatening Naomi? She had to look way up and those were pretty big shoes.

Spoiler

No, he doesn't show up before his call to Sam. Unfortunately, the going theory is that the guy in Naomi's hotel room is Undead Popsicle. 

• Useful 2

That spoiler on who might be the person in Naomi's room, why would that person be involved in that story?  Did that person know Hayden??  I'm thinking it's another of NIk's employees that wants to keep Hayden hidden.  

• Love 2

First, that montage at the end better not be the only tribute to Stuart Damon.

second, does anyone have links to what I’m guessing were Nurses Ball song/dance numbers? I wasn’t watching during those years and seeing SC as the cowardly lion and clearly rocking some song are both things I would love to watch.

26 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That spoiler on who might be the person in Naomi's room, why would that person be involved in that story?  Did that person know Hayden??  I'm thinking it's another of NIk's employees that wants to keep Hayden hidden.  

Yes they knew each other briefly. But I can’t see why that person would threaten Naomi or even be looking for Hayden. 

30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And since they've retconned Hayden's story entirely, who knows what can happen now.

That's true, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yes they knew each other briefly.

Wow, I have no memory of that at all.  But then I try very hard to wipe that person out of my brain!

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

yeah if tomorrow's previews are any indication...they are gonna tank Chase from here till doomsday to justify Millow. Because God forbid they face the consequences of their actions

If they were gonna do that they would had had him decide to get back at them on his own. They are using Austin as the fall guy.

• Useful 1

I could seriously live a very long and very happy life if I NEVER, EVER had to watch another Millow sex scene. Why do TIIC think we’re all enthralled with this pairing and actively yearn to see them naked? They are the only couple on the show who gets such treatment. then again they’re the only on screen couple presently on the show at all. 🤮

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I could seriously live a very long and very happy life if I NEVER, EVER had to watch another Millow sex scene. Why do TIIC think we’re all enthralled with this pairing and actively yearn to see them naked?

"OH MY GOD stop telling me when you have nerdy sex!" -Dr. Perry Cox

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If they were gonna do that they would had had him decide to get back at them on his own. They are using Austin as the fall guy.

no i mean, Chase was just gonna roast them and split. Austin is gonna be all "let's screw with them." thus making Chase bad guy rather then letting him have the high road (that he naturally has) and split. 

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That “tribute” was a FUCKING INSULT. All in silence with no audio. FUCK YOU, FRANK.

they didn't show the tribute here. 
(or my PVR cut it). 

it's a bummer that it sucks

• Love 2

We don’t know for sure that this was the actual tribute to SD. If it is, then I’ll join you in hurling expletives at Frank because it was a shitty thing to do. But I’m holding out hope that we’ll get ‘something’ better.

• Love 5