Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think we’ll see Carly falling for Jason and wanting this to be a real marriage while Jason doesn’t. 

Falling? This is her 20+ years dream come true. This is what she's wanted and in her mind, she thinks she'll finally have that "famileeee" with Jaysus. You know she'll be scheming to get him in her bed. BLECH.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

They are doing with Willow exactly what they did with Sabrina, who started out being kind of a goofy likeable character, and then became a sainted princess. 

Ugh. Sabrina sent me on a years long trip to the barge.

Oh well, I've had 6 good months so far. Maybe it won't be too bad, at least there are a lot of other stories going on. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

Ok, I need to meet a man who will say to me “count me in, mine schnitzel”

#swooningoverScott

🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

They are super cute! 

Ugh, Carly really putting the hard sell on Jason with the whole "Donna thinks you're her father/you're one of her favorite people--like mother, like daughter."  She's thisclose to humping his leg. 

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They are super cute! 

Ugh, Carly really putting the hard sell on Jason with the whole "Donna thinks you're her father/you're one of her favorite people--like mother, like daughter."  She's thisclose to humping his leg. 

Even though she'll not be alone for long, it will be so awesome* when Sonny comes back, and Jason dumps her so fast because Sonny is alive - only to have Sonny not want to be with her either because he wants to be with Nina

*and that's the only reason why it would be awesome because if Sonny could like die for real tomorrow that would be also fantastic. 

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean Spencer wants those two together?

yeah. i thought i caught it in editing but nope. thanks for that. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:
  2 hours ago, SiouxB said:

Ok, I need to meet a man who will say to me “count me in, mine schnitzel”

#swooningoverScott

🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

They really are cute together. And the unrestrained PDA was hilarious - as was Britta's reaction to it. Nice to see a mature couple in love. One of the things that keeps me tied to GH is that we have at least three "root-able" couples: Laura and Kevin, Liz and Finn, and Liesel & Scotty.  Btw, saw an old Love Boat episode with Kin Shriner last week. Amazing how his mannerisms and acting style haven't changed one bit over the decades - he talked with his hands in 1977 too.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

They really are cute together. And the unrestrained PDA was hilarious - as was Britta's reaction to it. Nice to see a mature couple in love. One of the things that keeps me tied to GH is that we have at least three "root-able" couples: Laura and Kevin, Liz and Finn, and Liesel & Scotty.  Btw, saw an old Love Boat episode with Kin Shriner last week. Amazing how his mannerisms and acting style haven't changed one bit over the decades - he talked with his hands in 1977 too.

I don't know if I am sold on Liz/Finn. (But i do like the slow burn, lingering touches/looks)
I won't mind them getting together, but at the same time, it would be nice if they were kinda friends more first (if this makes sense). but I am rooting for them more than Portia/Curtis mostly because I am finding that Curtis makes me mad. 

Also the show really needs a couple for the 30+ demographic. Millow is not it. i want Epic friendship for Chase/BLQ, and Sasha/Brando are snoozy. 

Spencer/Trina can work - will be very interesting to see how that plays out. 
for me Joss/Cam are dead on arrival

• Love 7

Still catching up from today so there will be more:

Spencer: "I'm a citizen of the world"

Me: STFU, you pompous little entitled worm. I really need him to get punched. I don't know how much more of his act I can take.

Scotty and Liesl are all kinds of adorable. I love their passion for each other and for life. Maybe if they decide to take an extended vacation, I'll run into them in St. Lucia (provided my 50th birthday trip doesn't go the way of one of these delta variant memes).

Britt's expression at seeing her mom get some action/public PDA was both appropriate and hilarious. She looks great these days. I guess even though she's still upset about the break up, it agrees with her. Glad she turned down Spencer's invite to the party. That would be just a little desperate.

Donna calling Jason "Daddy" was also pretty funny considering how much time he spends with his own kids. And now after less than a minute he's suddenly her dad too? Adorable little child though, although so entirely unnecessary. No. More. Babies! Jason looked nauseated (yet again) at the thought. He shut it down pretty damn quick lol.

I don't get the drama about the divorce papers. They're going to be the newest prop that we never stop hearing about.

Loved Ava's talk with Trina. She's definitely drawing on her experience with Kiki. Trying to rewrite history a little bit if she can. And her necklace is awesome.

So Nik finally figured out Spencer's the stalker and tells Ava tomorrow. It's about damn time this story ended. We could say that about so many stories.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Falling? This is her 20+ years dream come true. This is what she's wanted and in her mind, she thinks she'll finally have that "famileeee" with Jaysus. You know she'll be scheming to get him in her bed. BLECH.

Is it time for another Dear Diary entry from Carly? 😂

• LOL 3

When the episode started with Jason feeding the little girl (and yes, Burton did a good job with that scene), I assumed the little girl was Born-Through-Jeans Baby. I thought they were setting up the Drew return by showing that Jason has become her de facto father and still has a relationship with her even now that he's not with Sam.

I should have known better, but I tend to forgot about Spina Bifida Baby's existence.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I love Jordan's hair and Stella's. And mostly Portia's and Trina'a. None of the artificially straightened .

The only one of them with natural hair is Stella.

It's Trina's that bothers me the most.  The others are fully grown adults, they can do as they please.  But I wish they would allow Trina to wear hers naturally instead of hiding it.  I at least hope that it was the actress who decided on it and not the show.

41 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

It's Trina's that bothers me the most.  The others are fully grown adults, they can do as they please.  But I wish they would allow Trina to wear hers naturally instead of hiding it.  I at least hope that it was the actress who decided on it and not the show.

Reminds me of an old Erykah Badu quote. Someone once asked her "so you're wearing your hair natural now?" Erykah's response was: "Natural? You mean the way it grows out of my head?"

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's thisclose to humping his leg. 

I think she's thisclose to putting some little white powder in his beer so she can do wild things to him and have him wake up beside her all 'wuh?'

• Love 3

I have to say that the actor playing Spencer has improved over the past few weeks.  He has made Spencer into an obnoxious narcissist, and everyone's goodness and value is based on how their actions affect him (i.e. he's really upset with Nikolas because he lied to him, treating him like everyone else; Laura's good because she's always been good to him).  But I am starting to buy that he actually cares about Trina especially since she's had the issue with Portia (he obviously identifies with her to an extent).  I definitely want him to get some serious comeuppance, but I want to see him and Trina get together (after some sweating and groveling).  

Also, I do see some chem between Spencer and Britt.  I don't think that I want the story to go there; but I'm just saying that I've noticed it.

Re: Milquetoast Millow and Chase

This is a very classic soap trope.  Triangle ending with the loser suffering from an illness/injury resulting in the centerpoint staying with them out of guilt/pity.  This story isn't working for me because Milquetoast Millow have no chemistry and Willow has been acting like Chase is just an inconvenience getting in the way of what she truly wants.  Usually the girl seems to at least care a little about the loser.  Or, the loser isn't as sympathetic a character as Chase.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Blackie said:
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I assumed the little girl was Born-Through-Jeans Baby. I

shouldn't she be about 10 years old by now?

Given Drew's return is upcoming, I would expect we'll see at least a 7-yr-old Scout.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Given Drew's return is upcoming, I would expect we'll see at least a 7-yr-old Scout.  

I could see them recasting Scout with the girl who played the younger Alexis earlier this year in her stand-alone. The girl didn’t look like NLG but she resembled the actress who we last saw play Scout quite a bit. The actress also did well with heavy material in that episode so she’d probably do a good job reacting to her father being back from the dead. 

• Love 1

Ding ding ding ding, Nik announces the stalker is Spencer! Ava's mind is blown. Nik is blaming himself for his actions, but is also putting ownership on Spencer. Ava keeps asking what if he's wrong because it's kinda sketchy - but Nik is all "his antics aren't cute anymore and for his own sake he needs to be stop. Let's gooo"

Does Lenny only have the one shirt? Also. Nixon Fails. Boring, don't care. 

Why not take your doll to college? i took my stuffed animals to college. and all over the world. Like it's okay to have childhood memories. 

Usually when people go "are you okay?" they just want to know if you're okay, Joss." Goodness, Joss is such a dumb bunny. "why would you tell Daddy a Mobster was after me?!" 

Jason go kick a rock. "I want Jax to deal with me, not you." Dude. It's his ex-wife (that he probably cares about still) and his daughter. There is no "you."

Now we're pumping up Jason's "heroics". Jax is speaking the truth "how does Jason get away with everything no matter how much damage he causes?" Jax was smashing some truth baseballs today about Jason's actions. 

Trina is still giving Portia crap. Girl get over it now. (all I have to say if I gave people that attitude when I was 18, even though i voted and moving my dorm room, my mom would give me what-for, irregardless of the "truth" that i knew)

Spencer's acting is improving every day (and i really liked those sunglasses) he and Cam are bonding. Cam is kinda not buying it. lol "More people like you!" (the show is trying to have both ways - that Cam/Spencer grew up together but they are acting like they met this summer."

Again having Joss anyway "okay" with all the mob stuff/body guards(even mostly) is so wrong and not normal. 

You know show. it would actually be better if you just have Carly owning the fact that she gets to marry Jason finally instead of making this about her and sonny. 

I guess tomorrow we'll go back to Q's and probably some party prep.Maybe. 

• Love 4

"What is it about Jason that otherwise intelligent people forgive him everything? " Jax is truth telling.

Shut up Jason. Jax shouldn't have to deal with you about his daughter .

Carly is very clever , playing helpless to get Jason feeling aorry for her. And why not? It always worked in the paat.

So a mob bodyguard following her around like like having a Secret Service agent? Joss is such a dumb bunny, no wonder Southern Coastal wait listed her.

Sonny remembers everything , even French translations. He just can't remember Carly.

I am really liking the new Spencer actor. He's really nailed the entitled, snobbish private school boy.

• Love 13

This is from yesterday, but damn, Britt in that orange bikini looked amazing!  That color on her was exquisite.  And I did like that she voiced what I was thinking, re Spencer's party, that what was she going to do at a party with 18-yr-olds.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This is from yesterday, but damn, Britt in that orange bikini looked amazing!  That color on her was exquisite.  And I did like that she voiced what I was thinking, re Spencer's party, that what was she going to do at a party with 18-yr-olds.

that was so weird. like it would have made more sense if it wasn't a big party and he was planning to "parent trap" Nik + Britt. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

shouldn't she be about 10 years old by now?

She was born Feb 2017 so she should be 4 1/2 by now but we'll see if they SORAS her.  Donna should only be turning 2 at the end of Sept, but that kid yesterday was at least a year older.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Why not take your doll to college?

Here's an even crazier thought, leave them at home since you won't be living in the dorm for the rest of your life.  Joss is acting like she's moving out never to return to the family compound.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Joss is acting like she's moving out never to return to the family compound.  

Remember when Carly was acting like Jax wanted to take her to the moon when he wanted her to live with him *across town?*  Like mother, like daughter, as the shrew is fond of saying.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She was born Feb 2017 so she should be 4 1/2 by now but we'll see if they SORAS her.  Donna should only be turning 2 at the end of Sept, but that kid yesterday was at least a year older.  

Here's an even crazier thought, leave them at home since you won't be living in the dorm for the rest of your life.  Joss is acting like she's moving out never to return to the family compound.  

right?
I legit feel she's going to have a Rory Gilmore moment. "Oh mah gawd mom, I'm so adult, go away." 

two hrs later
"mommy? i need you."

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

right?
I legit feel she's going to have a Rory Gilmore moment. "Oh mah gawd mom, I'm so adult, go away." 

two hrs later
"mommy? i need you."

One of the best Gilmore Girls episodes evah.  Hoping for another revival so we can see what's new with the Stars Hollows gang. Methinks Lorelei and Luke will never get married.

In GH news, Carly and St. Jasus are really getting on my nerves.

And Nixon Fails (every single day) always brings this show to a grinding halt. Also, as other posters have noted, it doesn't seem like Lenny and Phyllis have any family or friends besides SMike and Nina. Very odd.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2021 at 1:46 PM, Katy M said:

But, I also think there was nothing noble about pretending to cheat in order to manipulate people into making the decision that you think they really want to make.

I'm not sure it was manipulation since the four of them had already talked about "what if?" Anyway, Michael and Willow weren't forced into a MoC anymore than Willow was forced to marry Chase. She made choices each time, including sleeping with Michael during their son's birthday party, when she knows she is Chase's wife.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, Daisy said:

Did they legit age up Donna just so she could call Jason daddy? I legit felt my eyeballs roll out of my head. I'm tired of this 5 families crap. OH gag me with a Skipole. This is pissing me off - Jason's responsibility to protect and take care of Carly's kids. Screw his own kids. (Carly is all turned on with the idea of her and Jason having kids. I blame Valentine for this)

Probably. The last time I recall that Donna was on-screen, she was an infant. Brando had just "saved Carly's life" when he was new to Port Charles, and Carly was all "meet our baby."

Has Jason even told Jake and Danny that he and Carly are getting married? I LOL at Carly's hurt  face that Jason has no intention of playing "Daddy" to Donna. I was waiting for Carly to say "So how did your boys take the news?" The "our kids" stuff just comes across as Jason saying he's taking on the responsibility to protect all of the spawn of both Carly and Sonny (except for Dante). 

On 8/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, ciarra said:

I assume Spencer's underage for drinking, but the actor just looks old for a guy having a party while dad is away.

Yes, he is. He asked for an alcoholic beverage while they were sitting by the pool, Britt said no, and he protested that he could drink in Europe.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, Linny said:

Spending five minutes feeding Donna cheerios is about as good as it's going to get for Jason (and certainly more interaction than we've seen him have with his actual kids in quite some time). 

Voluntarily, yes. The only times he's seen them recently is because Elizabeth brought Jake to see Jason at the PC jail before he was transferred to Pentonville, and Sam brought Danny to see Jason when he was handcuffed to the bed in General Hospital while he was recovering from the stab wound courtesy of Shawn in Pentonville jail cell/Carly.

13 hours ago, paisley said:

Exactly who does Spencer know to invite to a party beside Trina ,Joss and Cam?

I was wondering the same thing - the only teenagers on the Show right now are Spencer, Trina, Joss, Cam and Cam's brother, Jake.  

9 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I just assumed the actress/Show agreed on her hair style, so she would look more like the actress who plays Portia, Trina's mom.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I doubt Scout even knows who her father is /was unless they soras her.  She was just a baby when drew 'died.'

No, she was pre-school age the last time BM's Drew was in a scene with Scout. She was SORAS-ed  after Oscar died; she was coloring/drawing in Drew's office at Aurora. Alexis was there as well.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

You know show. it would actually be better if you just have Carly owning the fact that she gets to marry Jason finally instead of making this about her and sonny. 

Absolutely. Her tears today that she's "worried things will change between us" were worthy of several eye rolls. So much WTF.  Carly if true to character would do cartwheels of joy if Jason so much as vaguellyyyyy hinted that he might be romantically and/or sexually interested in her once they are married. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, drtslim said:

Also, I do see some chem between Spencer and Britt.  I don't think that I want the story to go there; but I'm just saying that I've noticed it.

I saw it, too. 😬

And I remembered the actress dating the Morgan actor, who was younger (nothing wrong with that), and flashbacked to how obnoxious they were in real life. So I promptly forgot so I could enjoy Britt again. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm not sure it was manipulation since the four of them had already talked about "what if?" Anyway, Michael and Willow weren't forced into a MoC anymore than Willow was forced to marry Chase. She made choices each time, including sleeping with Michael during their son's birthday party, when she knows she is Chase's wife.

I know she made our own choices and she's responsible for them.  But the motivation for Chase and Sasha to pretend to cheat was to get Willow and Michael to get married instead of just saying "we're OK with this"  and let them make the decision based on that.  How is that not manipulation?

• Love 1

Nik was super sexy today being all forthright with Ava and taking accountability and charge of the situation. Glad he didn't let Alexis, Laura, or Ava talk him out of consequences for Spencer.

I'm sure I was supposed to be overwhelmed by the romance and pathos of the Nixon Falls Follies, but I found myself laughing at how local acting class cringy it all was.   

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Glad he didn't let Alexis, Laura, or Ava talk him out of consequences for Spencer.

I'll believe Spencer has consequences when they actually happen. Historically he has not been held responsible for his actions. Election fraud, anyone? (I'LL NEVER FORGET.)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I just assumed the actress/Show agreed on her hair style, so she would look more like the actress who plays Portia, Trina's mom.

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

What do you call the style that Portia and Trina wear, I really don't know and am interested. Is that chem processed hair or extensions?

I was just looking online for pictures of Trina and came across a picture of Dom  (Dante) and the super beautiful original Jordan (Vanessa A.) Those 2 would have been SMOKING HOT together and it would burst my Canadian heart if Dom could get on her CBC show.

BTW I thought that she had chemisty with Curtis, I don't think nuJurdoan does

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

She sure seems primed and ready to have an actual relationship with Jason -- "I don't know what the future holds with Jason" doesn't read like "this is a MOC only."  She's so heinous.

And whoever said Josslyn is an idiot is spot on.  The whole "ZOMG, you guys love each other--when's the wedding?" dialogue makes her sound like such a simpleton.

• Love 9

"You really do remember the things that count, Mike."

LMAO the writers are trolling 

@Cheyanne11 IA with your assessment of Josslyn. There’s no reason that she should automatically believe that Jason and Carly are in love with each other. Her writing has been a problem for a long time. However, considering that Spencer has been on practically every day since he debuted, I think the teen group has a new lead to center around so I’m less annoyed by her than I normally am. I don’t know how I feel about Spencer yet but I have more hope for him than I do for Joss and Cam who I gave up on being interesting a long time ago. 

Edited by ffwbe
29 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She sure seems primed and ready to have an actual relationship with Jason -- "I don't know what the future holds with Jason" doesn't read like "this is a MOC only."  She's so heinous.

And whoever said Josslyn is an idiot is spot on.  The whole "ZOMG, you guys love each other--when's the wedding?" dialogue makes her sound like such a simpleton.

well i think we've all said Joss was an idiot at some point but I said she was a dumb bunny today because of her starry eyed reaction to the wedding. 

• Love 2

Joss thinks Jax doesn't understand? Seriously? I hope she's shot or someone else is hurt for standing to close to her and she gets it because the floating rib bombing and Morgan being dead still has her stupid. 

She should not be all mafia princess, she was raised by Jax.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Joss thinks Jax doesn't understand? Seriously? I hope she's shot or someone else is hurt for standing to close to her and she gets it because the floating rib bombing and Morgan being dead still has her stupid. 

She should not be all mafia princess, she was raised by Jax.

Honestly that's my wish. I don't really want Jax to lose his only child - but honestly, Joss seriously needs to be killed because she is way to casual about "oh yah this is totally fun and awesome," and as I said before - this time Carly can't blame anyone but herself.

But knowing the show, Carly will probably just got Cersei Lannister  and have it completely commit to being what she wants to be

• Love 2

I just loved Jax today! I love him in "no fucks to give about the mob" mode. It's just unfortunate that he can't really get any substantial wins against Jason or Sonny. I've been really liking Jax/Britt, but wasn't loving today's scenes because of how, as Jax so beautifully put it, she was basically doing the standard make excuses for Jason mob moll shtick. I can give Britt a little slack though in that she hasn't been around this stuff for that long and that Jason did save her life. Still, Jax is absolutely right how insane it is that so many women - and not really just the women, but everyone in town unless they're a villain or is supposed to look bad - genuflects before Jason.

I was kind of disappointed in the Ava/Nik scenes today. I think the show has done an actually good job of toning down Ava's more self-destructive impulses, without completely neutering the character - she can still be snarky and live in a grey area - but I felt like her reaction today was very un Ava-like. Maybe it's just because Nik's evidence was shaky and maybe when she knows definitively Spencer is behind it her reaction will be more intense, but I expected some anger, but there was none. And I didn't buy her confusion over Spencer being nice to her and why would he do that. Spencer used that conversation to make sure she stayed away from Nik completely, which is exactly what the stalker would do. I like that she loves Nik enough to not want to see him ruin his relationship with Spencer - especially given what happened with her and Kiki - but I don't buy her wanting him to do nothing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7