Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I miss making fun of her journalism "skills", does that count? 

I mean girl reporter would have probably printed a conversation she would have had with her brother about the stalker and then claim that it was hard hitting news and she is not a girl reporter anymore but girt investigative reporter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Stella had a stroke? Geezeee. :(
(I thought your face drooped and words slurred so i learned something new?). 

Not always.  If you get them to medical care quickly and they get the right medication they're usually ok.  

Or sometimes they go to the ER and get sent home with the advice to get their vision checked.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I miss making fun of her journalism "skills", does that count? 

Hee, to an extent. I miss making fun of Kiki and Morgan. Good times, good times.

I have enjoyed Gladys for a while. The actress is fantastic. I want them to make her bitchy proprietor of Kelly's. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Steve Burton kept his on. I guess since he’s in the 50 and above stage he’s letting the young guys do the heavy lifting. 

I think he has been rarely shirtless for some time now. When he played Dylan on Y and R and had sexy times with Sharon, he was shirtless, but it was dark and pretty much just showed SC's rockin body.

There is is something weird about his body, probably to do with steroids. It looks not "real".  Maybe that is why we rarely see him shirtless.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I want them to make [Gladys] bitchy proprietor of Kelly's. 

That would be too prole for Gladys as she's currently written, but it's a much better idea than having her work at Deception. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, tvgoddess said:

You can definitely tell that I'm dead inside from watching this show. Maybe it's because I think JossCam are the blandest of bland, have no chemistry and are only a few steps shy of Millow in the exciting department. I just can't muster up any enjoyment. I do like Cam on his own and his friendship with Trina.

Then move over and save me a seat on the Dead Thing Train. I find Cam as dull as Millow and Joss mooning over him? Yawn. Major yawn.

• Love 5

When Violet went "Gramma!" I was like That's not Audrey!

I said it yesterday and I'm saying it again - I don't want Jax to lose his only child, but considering Carly's utter delusions today, to quote @Cheyanne11 if Princess Volleyball gets shot in the head (just killed off) Carly only has her self to blame. Michael didn't stick, Morgan didn't stick, but maybe this will be the one (unless they basically are pulling from the Cersei Lannister playbook and Carly shrugs off this death of a child too).  That look of disgust that she gave Jax when he was (rightfully) chewing her ass out just screams delusion. And her irritated "just let it go, its nothing."

SOMEONE IS THREATENING YOUR CHILD YOU IDIOT. Jax has every right to be scared and pissed due to your actions. It's too bad that Joss is 18 because you know that Jax would take her to Australia. 

• Love 10

Love it that Ava reminded Shawn he went to prison to protect Sonny.

LOL at the goon convention outside of Kelly's.

Why is Spinelli looking for Novak? Doesn't Jason have men stationed around town who can give him street-level info? If he doesn't, no wonder the bidness is in trouble. 

I also liked Liesl giving Jason what-for for his treatment of Britt. I think Jason is smart enough not to underestimate Liesl.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's too bad that Joss is 18 because you know that Jax would take her to Australia. 

Joss is stupid enough she'd refuse to go.

• Love 9

Liesl calling Jason "illiterate as well as inconsiderate" made my day, maybe my whole week. I adore her so much. Loved her scenes with Anna too. Finola and Kathleen just play so well together.

Ava calling out Shawn protecting Sonny? Two thumbs up. I wouldn't mind a hook up between these two. They have chemistry, a lot more than she has with Nikolas.

Do shut up, Carly. I hate being on Jax's side, but he's completely right here. 

Not really sure what point there is in Hayden's mom sticking around if she isn't there. Violet can only be trotted out so much.

DZ did a good job today. I think he's definitely the best guy actor of the main, non-recurring cast.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Liesl calling Jason "illiterate as well as inconsiderate" made my day, maybe my whole week. I adore her so much. Loved her scenes with Anna too. Finola and Kathleen just play so well together.

It always made my day when Obrecht used to call Anna "Scarecrow".

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I said it yesterday and I'm saying it again - I don't want Jax to lose his only child, but considering Carly's utter delusions today, to quote @Cheyanne11 if Princess Volleyball gets shot in the head (just killed off) Carly only has her self to blame. Michael didn't stick, Morgan didn't stick, but maybe this will be the one (unless they basically are pulling from the Cersei Lannister playbook and Carly shrugs off this death of a child too).  That look of disgust that she gave Jax when he was (rightfully) chewing her ass out just screams delusion. And her irritated "just let it go, its nothing."

SOMEONE IS THREATENING YOUR CHILD YOU IDIOT. Jax has every right to be scared and pissed due to your actions. It's too bad that Joss is 18 because you know that Jax would take her to Australia. 

i was confused that some random (to me) woman walked into Kelly's and called Violet's name. Is this the same actress who has played Naomi in the past or is it a re-cast? Has Finn actually met Naomi before? Does this mean Naomi has been in Europe for a year, knowing Hayden disappeared and left Violet with Finn but decided to stick with some guy? I guess Naomi has appeared out of nowhere because the Show is not bringing back RB, or it's laying the foundation for Hayden to return? I was almost surprised that Violet asked about "mommy." I like seeing Elizabeth all but ignore her father's ex-mistress/lover. 

I liked Jax really irritating Carly and the sarcasm about/with Jason. Good work there by IR, lol. I almost laughed that Carly looked hurt when Jax said their marriage is for business. Is the bra-less dress supposed to make Carly look summer sexy? Because.....it doesn't. By contrast, Laura's outfit for her meeting with Dante makes it seem like mid/late fall.  Soo, 9 months and the Show is telling us Lulu isn't returning in the near future. 

The most noticeable thing about Sam is her puffy lips. That guard is just going to stand there. not noticing as Alexis and Nikolas go through Ryan's returned, un-opened mail?

Is Felicia just permanently off-screen (aside from the Sean tribute episode)? She hasn't been in a scene with Maxie since before Maxie found out she was pregnant with baby Louise, and it seems like the Show is having Dr. O fill that void is Anna's life as the female talk-to who is also Maxie's family.  They're frenemies now? 

I liked Ava asking Shawn if the years in jail for loyalty to Sonny was worth it. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

i was confused that some random (to me) woman walked into Kelly's and called Violet's name. Is this the same actress who has played Naomi in the past or is it a re-cast?

She's a recast. Robin Riker was the previous actress.

Who knows about Britt's HD diagnosis besides Jason and Liesl? I can't think of it.

Edited by tvgoddess
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Spinelli looking for Novak? Doesn't Jason have men stationed around town who can give him street-level info? If he doesn't, no wonder the bidness is in trouble. 

As ridiculous as it is, I'd rather have Spinelli on the phone than on my screen. 

7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

i I like seeing Elizabeth all but ignore her father's ex-mistress/lover. 

As long as we don't get another in-law who disapproves of a relationship story.

7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That guard is just going to stand there. not noticing as Alexis and Nikolas go through Ryan's returned, un-opened mail?

Just like Sam and Nick figured she would't hear them haranguing Harmony about giving them the unopened mail in the first place. (Some kudos to Harmony for at least looking at the guard when she declined, but she loses most of them for bringing the mail anyway.)

I thought people on parole, like Sam, were supposed to avoid contact with convicted felons. Does that not apply when the felon is still in prison? 

The only reason Sam believes Harmony is trying to fix her life is because they're both on parole? Ugh, Sam sucks. 

Another point scored when Jax told Carly he knew she was marrying Jason for business reasons. Did Awesome Writer sneak in today? Today had so much truth in it.

I just can't with this stupid "who's in charge of the Corinthos business" nonsense. The idea that Carly and Jason are having internal power struggles is ridiculous. 

DZ did a great job with Dante's conversation with Laura. The look of dread at the beginning that Laura might have bad news, the sorrow that Lulu isn't getting better, the uneasiness of telling her what Olivia said—all of it was done so well.

1 minute ago, rur said:

I thought people on parole, like Sam, were supposed to avoid contact with convicted felons. Does that not apply when the felon is still in prison? 

Yes, but Sam now has a parole officer who doesn't insist that Sam follow all those pesky rules.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Another point scored when Jax told Carly he knew she was marrying Jason for business reasons. Did Awesome Writer sneak in today? Today had so much truth in it.

I'm LOL'ing that Carly would be shocked/annoyed that anyone is saying the quiet part out loud.  Honestly, there's no reason this needs to be a secret.  It's like two companies merging to push out a competitor.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Who knows about Britt's HD diagnosis besides Jason and Liesl? I can't think of it.

I thought the third person was Britt herself?  Also, does having the genetic marker mean she will definitely get Huntington’s at some point or is it just a possibility?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

I thought the third person was Britt herself?  Also, does having the genetic marker mean she will definitely get Huntington’s at some point or is it just a possibility?

It sounded like another person entirely, but I can buy that. Having the marker just means that you aren't showing symptoms yet. As far as I can understand from simple googling, she will definitely get it. Hence her freak out the last couple of months.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Jax has every right to be scared and pissed due to your actions. It's too bad that Joss is 18 because you know that Jax would take her to Australia. 

Not a spoiler, just a hunch: Jax is going to get a job as a Professor at Joss's college so he can keep an eye on her. The way Ingo played it, you could almost see the idea written across his face as it came to him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Not a spoiler, just a hunch: Jax is going to get a job as a Professor at Joss's college so he can keep an eye on her. The way Ingo played it, you could almost see the idea written across his face as it came to him.

yeah i caught that to sort of like a "wait a minute, I can protect Joss too...." kinda thing. 

• Love 2

With all respect to Jax's backstory as a business genius, he's been so stupid about the mob that I can't see an elite college like PCU (😆) hiring him.

I did love him saying that he'll leave so that Carly and Jason can whisper sweet battle plans into each other's ear. snerk.

DZ did a good job today. I wonder how long he'll be willing to stick around when they sideline him again.

Ava looked gorgeous with the lighter make up. Nice to see the pointed barbs at Shawn about Sonny. For a minute I was afraid that she was going to hire him to fake date her to accelerate the divorce.

Glad Alexis and Nik found the letter to Spencer (nice continuity for a change). I'm so ready to pull the plug on this stalker storyline.

31 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

At first I thought she was referring to the doctor who made the diagnosis but then decided that it was Britt herself.

30 minutes ago, rur said:

As ridiculous as it is, I'd rather have Spinelli on the phone than on my screen.

Absolutely. It seems rather lazy of Jason though.

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Sam sucks.

Can't be said enough. I don't understand the logic in making the character so unpleasant, although the barbs at Nik were funny.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Good adult scenes between them, loved Liesl's anger at both Peter and Jason for what she perceives as his abandonment of Britt. It's a more or less consistent role for Jason, feeling that his responsibility is to Carly and Sonny mob while regretting leaving Britt. I like that she's doing just fine without him too.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Head's up to New York GHers: The show is likely to get preempted around 3:30 for the latest developments in the governor's sexual harassment case.

Because it couldn’t possibly wait 30 more minutes until the 4 pm news. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If Ava misses Avery so much, she could take her swimming in the pool at Carly's hotel can't she? Not that we need to see more kids but Ava could have made a comment that Avery was taking a swim lesson or swimming with the Nanny. Poor Avery , locked away in Carly's house.

Carly's dress was horrible. Britt had on "the dress" yesterday. Ava looked great.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Head's up to New York GHers: The show is likely to get preempted around 3:30 for the latest developments in the governor's sexual harassment case.

Because it couldn’t possibly wait 30 more minutes until the 4 pm news. 🙄

Turns out there was no preemption! I am slightly surprised.

• Love 2

I’m a huge fan of Britt’s and thought her blue dress yesterday was really cute on her. However. She’s worn it twice now and both times, there were perspiration stains under the arms. Not a good look!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Not a spoiler, just a hunch: Jax is going to get a job as a Professor at Joss's college so he can keep an eye on her.

How would that work though?  You only see your professor in whatever class you have him for and then not the rest of the time.  She'll be in different classes, in residence, at volleyball, out on the town.  He'll probably see her less than he does now.  

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

My first thought was "that's not Jackie" and then I remembered that Jackie is Chase's mother and not Finn's so she wouldn't be Gramma!!

• Love 1

Did Carly, who pops a squat and marks everyone she deems *hers*, actually have the nerve to imply Jax doesn't consider her thoughts in regard to Josslyn?  The whole "she's our daughter, not just yours" would be a bit more believably if she wasn't ordering Jax to back off in the next breath.  Shut up, Carly.  Also, hideous dress. 

I don't like Shawn, but wow, he and Ava had some major sexual chemistry in their scenes.  I really want her back with Nikolas, but I can't deny what I saw with my own eyes.  Although, LOL at Shawn saying he has a job and that he's "working for himself" in finding Hayden's shooter.  Does that come with benefits? 

Really like the way Harmony actress is playing these scenes when getting confronted about her past: apologetic, but not begging anyone to forgive her, just stating the facts and remaining calm.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Really like the way Harmony actress is playing these scenes when getting confronted about her past: apologetic, but not begging anyone to forgive her, just stating the facts and remaining calm.

Same, especially when she's faced with such self-righteousness from Alexis, Nik, and, to a lesser degree, Sam.

Maybe that's why Jason has been so decent to Harmony, because he can see she's genuinely trying to atone for her past while knowing there are certain things she can never really atone for.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Or maybe he'll enroll in some classes himself. I know a couple of parents who've actually done that. (And one of them spent the night in the dorm with her daughter every week.  -- Way to let your kid adjust . . . )

• Love 1

While the scenes with Laura and Dante were emotional and moving, I couldn’t help but 🙄🙄at the doctors being direct and no hope. Because the same thing was said about Laura during her catatonic years. Just send her to France and maybe their doctors will have the treatment to help her wake up! Yeah, yeah, I know this is all to tell the viewers the show doesn’t plan on recasting the character for the foreseeable future. Bastards.

Not that I cared for Emma’s Lulu, because I didn’t. Julie Berman was Lulu to me-the daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer.

Sam, Alexis, and Nik can take a Big Giant scoop of STFU.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While the scenes with Laura and Dante were emotional and moving, I couldn’t help but 🙄🙄at the doctors being direct and no hope. Because the same thing was said about Laura during her catatonic years. Just send her to France and maybe their doctors will have the treatment to help her wake up! Yeah, yeah, I know this is all to tell the viewers the show doesn’t plan on recasting the character for the foreseeable future. Bastards.

This is the same facility where Michael was sent because he was diagnosis with a permanent coma with 0 chance of recovery. They should refer Lulu's case to whoever treated Michael.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't like Shawn, but wow, he and Ava had some major sexual chemistry in their scenes.

I saw it too, but then Maura has chemistry with eveyrone and everything.  

True, true.  And, to get back on my Shawn dislike train, I couldn't roll my eyes more than when he answered Ava's question about Jordan by snidely saying they might've had something romantic but she lied about being a DEA agent.  Because law enforcement is something to be deeply, deeply ashamed of--especially when compared to be a mob flunky.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

True, true.  And, to get back on my Shawn dislike train, I couldn't roll my eyes more than when he answered Ava's question about Jordan by snidely saying they might've had something romantic but she lied about being a DEA agent.  Because law enforcement is something to be deeply, deeply ashamed of--especially when compared to be a mob flunky.

Well that's another retcon. Shawn knew this when he was involved with Jordan and he also knew that she was working under cover to get evidence against the Jeromes.

What broke up Shawn and Jordan was his going to prison and then Jordan finally revealing that he was TJ's father.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

What broke up Shawn and Jordan was his going to prison and then Jordan finally revealing that he was TJ's father.

Ah, yes. When Shawn oh-so-nobly chose loyalty to Sonny over staying out of prison for his newfound son.

• Love 4

Carly is bra-less for hanging out by the pool.  Meanwhile Laura is wearing a black velveteen? suit jacket?  I know Laura is supposed to look mayoral, but can't they lighten up her summer wardrobe?

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Carly is bra-less for hanging out by the pool.  Meanwhile Laura is wearing a black velveteen? suit jacket?  I know Laura is supposed to look mayoral, but can't they lighten up her summer wardrobe?

It’s not just Laura. Brook Lynn has been sporting boxy blazers for the past year. At least her temporary recast got to wear spring/summer clothes. So I don’t know what is up with wardrobe. They even had Maxie wearing a leather jacket in the summer!

• Love 9
On 8/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Asp Burger said:

one of Jason's two dozen non-fatal shootings

Okay, I exaggerated. Jason's official score, not counting all the "shot at" incidents in which he escaped without injury, is 11. If anyone wants to make a Jason Morgan bullet-scar diagram, here you go:

Abdomen (the Tin Man), side (Moreno's men), side (Reese), leg (Manny), shoulder (Manny on a second occasion), knee (PCPD day player), shoulder (Sam), clavicle (Jerry), leg (Ewen), back (Faison), back (unidentified Cyrus lackey). 

His bestie, Sonny, has a slight edge with 12 that we know about (he may well have been shot in his pre-GH crime life), and his hits have carried a higher fatality likelihood:   

Shoulder (jail guard), chest (Sorel’s men), chest (Brian Beck), chest (Nico), unknown location (Javier), shoulder (Anthony), chest (Johnny), shoulder (Ronnie), chest (Paul), chest (Garvey), leg (Sam), arm (Dante).

Please, next Sonny would-be assassin: Head. You want to aim for the head

Edited by Asp Burger
Consistency
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

That was just such a weird look for Carly, in any environment. Yes, it showed that she has a great toned back. But why the heck would Carly wear a dress like that? A dress that would only be okay at a backyard BB? If that?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

This is the same facility where Michael was sent because he was diagnosis with a permanent coma with 0 chance of recovery. 

Too bad they were wrong about that.

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well that's another retcon. Shawn knew this when he was involved with Jordan and he also knew that she was working under cover to get evidence against the Jeromes.

The writers seem very insistent that Jordan is a liar for choosing not to disclose things about her work. 

Her lie about TJ is one thing. Her keeping her mouth shut about her job is another. Curtis and Shawn need to quit being such big babies about it. 

While Sean Blakemore is an attractive man, the shorts he was wearing were not. My dear Shawn, is your investigation into Hayden's attempted murder going to pay your bills? How are you going to pay Sam? Do you have money from your mob years stashed somewhere?

I'm not a fan on Alexis and Nikolas and Sam, up to a certain extent, ganging up on Harmony. But Harmony isn't one of the cool kids, so the cool kids always bring up her past to make some kind of point. And speaking of Harmony, shouldn't they change her name back to whatever her real name was before she joined DoD?

I'm fine with Lulu staying in her coma. 

I laughed when Ava batted her eyelashes at Shawn when she was asking him if he'd be her bodyguard. Those scenes between the two were good. I liked her asking about spending 6 years in jail for Sonny.

Joey (I keep wanting to call him Ventura for some reason and now I can't even remember his last name) sure is stirring the pot. Hey, show, can we just have this mob war already instead of dragging the shit out of it like you did with Cyrus only for the whole thing to fizzle out and end with nothing having happened.

So a couple of things that I noticed. That whole gun talk with Cam and Carly, I think Cam will pick up a gun again to protect Joss. She was essentially threatened in front of him, then turned around and told Cam it was business and didn't concern him. 

Second thing, and echoing a whole bunch of people. Yes, let Joss eat a bullet, end her stupid volleyball career because this is the single one thing that she seems to love, care about and doesn't want to lose. Maybe she'll start resenting the hell out of her mother, Jason and their lifestyle and stop being all *hearteyes* over this.

Carly will still be Carly, Joss almost dying won't faze her. She screamed and cried over Michael taking a bullet to the head and Morgan being blown up, but eventually fell in line like the good mob moll that she is. If something happens to Joss, she'll still have Donna, the spare daughter.

Also, that bodyguard Devin is pretty hot. So put him on screen. Maybe have him exchange lines with wholesome Yuri. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Please, next Sonny would-be assassin: Head. You want to aim for the head

I was hopeful that by making ME and RoHo doctors that the focus would finally be back on the hospital.   Guess that Disney/ABC enjoys their part in glamorizing violence. 

signed - another cable cutter.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers seem very insistent that Jordan is a liar for choosing not to disclose things about her work. 

I know. She was undercover; it was supposed to be a secret! That's the whole point!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Joss is stupid enough she'd refuse to go.

There was at least on prior occasion where Jax wanted her to go and she refused to go and had to have bodyguards.  

17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Although, LOL at Shawn saying he has a job and that he's "working for himself" in finding Hayden's shooter.  Does that come with benefits? 

I thought too that who is going to pay him?  Working for "himself," one thinks of self-employment, but that is doing something that pays.  Where does he have the money for his own place that he said he was going to get?  

I know people have speculated that Cameron Mathison might be a recast Drew but just looking at Joey Novack yesterday,  I can see him as the uncle. There's enough of a physical resemblance. 

Alexis does not come off well in her interactions with Harmony. I mean, she's the inmate. 

Dante and Laura had a nice scene. Too bad that it means full speed ahead with Sam.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And speaking of Harmony, shouldn't they change her name back to whatever her real name was before she joined DoD?

But Loraine is just not as cool of a name as Harmony.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, lorj said:

So many mobsters on this show. Why doesn't gh stop with the mob? Who cares ? We don't even know what their business is.

No other soap opera has this. 

Well I think for the most part, GH always had a strong criminal element which is fine. but then they just kiss Bernard, Wright and Burton's butt - and they like the mob element so they always pump it up. And since the Corinthii never lose, it's always the same crap different story. 

Like Why should i care about the Novaks? 
they'll be neutered, and then they'll be murdered off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10