Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Spencer very clearly did the blood and the roach and the fake hand,

I beleive that too.  When Trina questioned him about the gallery, he almost look like he was going to confess and then Ava called.  Because Laura believes him to be innocent of eveyrthing, he'll skate on what he did do.  

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Joss need Mommy to pick her up from the island? S

I didn't understand this either.  She got to the party with Tony, was likely going to return with Tony if nothing had happened, so what's the point of Carly going all the way over to the island, not even picking up JOss on once she was back on the mainland.  They were laying it on thick about both of them going to the meeting of the Five Families, so either something will happen to Jason there and she'll blame herself for not showing up because she was picking up her dumb teenager from a party, or she'll show up late to the meeting and make a grand entrance.  

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Wasn't Joss's bodyguard named Devin?

The cute one was Devin but because the threat from Joey escalated, Jason said he was going to put the more experienced Tony on her for the party.  The more experienced Tony who left her alone multiple times during the night and then somehow had to call Mommy to come pick her up.  Cracker jack team of men Jason has there.  

34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sasha/Brando baby: don't care

Weird to have it shoe horned into this episode that had three very specific storylines going on.  But they were super happy so one of them is about to die.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ciarra said:

Can it be both?

LOL!  If I had to choose between Millow, Jarly or Shando (Brasha?!), I'd pick Brasha but I also get why people want them gone.  I think it should be Brando who dies and Sasha leaves town to lick her wounds (and go on maternity leave)

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought the actor did well in his scenes. He's settling into the role. And that was one lame-ass party, btw. I get that there's a pandemic and that the show didn't want to hire a bunch of extras, test them, put them in very close confines. Party still lame, though.

And they clearly could've avoided the party.  They could've had the party happen completely offscreen and have Joss, Cam, and Trina stay behind to clean up an obviously trashed Windemere.  Nothing in the story would've changed.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, he's such a wienie.

Why the GH mob story is so gummy bear. Tony Soprano would have owned it.

Absolutely.

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
45 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Looking at the opening credits - i actually like trina's braids better) 

Me too, but I imagine that they're a lot of work.

Coming from an African American family, I've been watching my Cousins braid their hair for years. It's actually quite soothing to watch.

In other news, although he's taking a lot of heat now, Nicholas was absolutely right. Hope he continues to be unrepentant.

Gotta say, outside of Nixon Fails, GH has been pretty good lately.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Joss need Mommy to pick her up from the island? She's an adult, she's with Cameron and her mob bodyguard. Let her get home on her own.

and to @perkie1968Oh I know this one -  they basically had two episodes of Jax (rightly) telling Carly she's a bad mother so now joss "needs her" to go to the Island so she can "baby her" and make her feel "Loved and protected" like good mamas do. 

Nothing was wrong with the Launch. Tony examined it. Take the Launch get home, and let Carly be there for her when Joss get s home., but no - they wanna go "seeeee. Carly CAN put the mob aside for her child! LOOK!!!" (ignoring the fact that Carly desperately wants to go to the meeting, flash her ring in their faces, and "own it" like she did last time. she basically said this to Jason)

(also Perkie thanks for the Devon/Tony Thing... also Tony sucked as a bodyguard so they probably shoulda stayed with Devon anyway)

1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Coming from an African American family, I've been watching my Cousins braid their hair for years. It's actually quite soothing to watch.

same. I love it when my mom braids my hair. it feels so good. and I dunno it just suits Trina's face better. the frizzy look is nice too. but i just like the braids best

16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But they were super happy so one of them is about to die.  

I feel the baby is going to die. Honestly I think the baby was only accommodated because Sasha's  actress is so obviously pregnant (I don't even think the "behind the potted plant" trick would have worked. (and she looks GORGEOUS pregnant. her hair is so glowy, and her face is shiny).  but i honestly have to feel this is a tock baby

• Love 1

My favourite Trina hair was around Taggart's death because her edges were these gorgeous swirls (and it was partly braided back I think in Dutch braids in the actual "death" scene and then loose below, which I loved).

I've been thinking lately maybe they've gone with the long curls so she resembles Portia a bit more. The actress has suited every hairstyle she's worn - she's got a great face shape.

• Love 6

When the fireman picked up Kiki's badge and just handed it to Ava, I was "Wait! Isn't that evidence? Shouldn't you put  it in an evidence bag and call the police since the fire was obviously set?" But then Ava just grabbed it and put it in her purse.

PCFD fail. And Jordan isn't even running it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

One of the reasons I hate Jason is because he always props Carly no matter how stupid she is and never calls her out on it.

He does call her out, but he also never lets her bear any consequences of her actions, so it's moot.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He does call her out, but he also never lets her bear any consequences of her actions, so it's moot.

He calls her out, she gets that hurt, pouty face, he sighs, she says "I love you," he sighs and says "I love you, too" and then it's forgotten.  Been that way for decades.

• Love 4

I don’t think Covid protocols was the reason for the offscreen party. The pool always seems to be filled with extras and that’s one place they could get away with being empty because why would so many people be hanging out at a hotel pool on a regular day?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He calls her out, she gets that hurt, pouty face, he sighs, she says "I love you," he sighs and says "I love you, too" and then it's forgotten.  Been that way for decades.

which is why she freaks out when Jax (who also clearly cares) about her calls her on her crap. everyone else just lets Carly get away with it because why not, it's easier. Jax throws truthbombs and won't back down - and EVERYTHING Jax has said was - I care about you Carly i don't want you to get hurt, I don't want you involved with this and she's like 'ehmergerd, Jax is losing his mind, ehmergerd, Jax betrayed me, Jaaayyssssoonnn."

and honestly of course they trash Jax's phone. because of course their can't be anything that shows that Jason, Sonny, and Carly are criminals and do criminalistic things, and they are upstanding citizens and how dare Jax act like a normal concerned human being.  Like I believe Jax. He wouldn't have gone to the police (because at the end of the day he does care for the mother of his child). He wouldn't do anything to actually hurt her, or demolish Joss's love for her. I think he would have made her hear how stupid and psycho she sounded and made her choose. (and maybe just force Joss to Australia i don't know). 

Truthfully as i've said for the past few weeks - Joss needs to die. (or seriously get maimed, permanently disfigured, something) - like something that Carly's actions cause that she can't just handwave, ignore. Something that will completely severe Jax from Carly, (and truthfully, sever this BS relationship Joss has with the mob too). and the show needs to commit to it too. like I have no problem with Carly wanting to be a mob moll/queen whatever. but own it. As much as I hate Jason, at least he owns what he is, and he puts it first. Sonny and Carly are all "I LOVE MY KIDS, THEY NEED TO BE AROUND ME shocked pikachu face when they get targeted for violence and crime"

but they won't. and she won't. and carly/jason will win. so what's the point?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So is Spencer not the stalker now?

I think there are two stalkers or one stalker and one childish prankster.  Spencer sent the cockroach and did the blood at the gallery. 

I think the severed hand, the letter, the teddy bear to Avery and the burnt car and Kiki's ID badge are someone else, with the help of the nurse who's hanging around.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Their chemistry is fine but that, nor KM's beauty (which imo she looks off now due to her facial work) is enough to make up for her listless acting. But then her beauty at her prime was never enough for me to make up for her (imo) listless acting. And I think DZ is a great actor but nothing he is giving is overcoming the writing either.

Of course I am biased because they put Lulu in a coma. I get that Lante were stale but then recast Lulu and move her on as well.

I know a lot of Lante fans will never accept him with anyone other than Lulu.  I remember what happened to Brytni Sarpy, and I thought it was so beyond horrible and  there was a lot at play in the reactions to her.  Some of that won't be in play with Kemo, i'll leave it there.  But still many Lante fans are like Scrubs fans and that's a problem for any actor IMO.  For me, I am very open to Dante with others, and I loved him with Brytni.  Right now I see a lot of chemistry with Kemo so I'll wait and see how it plays out. 

I highly doubt i can accept anyone other than BM as Drew, so I'm not innocent of this kind of thing either. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Absolutely.

In other news, although he's taking a lot of heat now, Nicholas was absolutely right. Hope he continues to be unrepentant.

Gotta say, outside of Nixon Fails, GH has been pretty good lately.

I've been loving it!

• Love 3

So the phone calls with Drew weren't doing it for me as a Drew fan. But the 1 second preview clip for tomorrow made me less annoyed. I will see what CM brings to it.  I like Drew on paper (even though he is not needed in a bloated cast) regardless of whose playing him even if I am partial to Miller.  Billy checked out completely in the role, so I am not getting to be all angry over it.  He made his bed and that's that. I hope they don't completely rewrite what we saw on screen for him.  I just don't want to see some buddy buddy crap with Jason or sympathizing with the mobbies.    

I know this will all probably lead to some version of Rylee on GH but just keep him in character.  The Sam thing? I can honestly do without because well I can't stand her and that's very obvious. But keeping in character, yes Drew would have called her.  I will support Drew from afar.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

I'm guessing a lot of Lante fans feel like me and begrudge Dante moving on because they wrote off Lulu. I wouldn't even care about that if was someone other than Sam or Carly. I wanted them to recast Lulu and I haven't changed my mind on that. However, ER always put in an effort and I agree with what others have said that KM seems (and I could be completely wrong obviously) to think all she has to do is show up on set. It just looks shitty, DZ leaving on his own, deciding to come back, and then ER getting fired and then putting him with one of the show's (imo) laziest cast members.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm guessing a lot of Lante fans feel like me and begrudge Dante moving on because they wrote off Lulu. I wouldn't even care about that if was someone other than Sam or Carly. I wanted them to recast Lulu and I haven't changed my mind on that. However, ER always put in an effort and I agree with what others have said that KM seems (and I could be completely wrong obviously) to think all she has to do is show up on set. It just looks shitty, DZ leaving on his own, deciding to come back, and then ER getting fired and then putting him with one of the show's (imo) laziest cast members.

It does look shitty.  I wasn't a huge fan of Emme but you can't say she didn't try.  Also Dante's whole return has just been terrible, his next potential story is a triangle with a recast Drew Cain and Sam?  Slim pickings.  He seems pretty useless to me outside of Sam right now.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

"It's like every checkup gets me a little closer to meeting this little person." Ugh. I get what the show was trying to say, but of course they put it in the dumbest possible way.

Just because Spencer didn't set Ava's car on fire doesn't mean he's innocent. Good lord, people are stupid.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm guessing a lot of Lante fans feel like me and begrudge Dante moving on because they wrote off Lulu. I wouldn't even care about that if was someone other than Sam or Carly. I advocated for them to recast Lulu and I haven't changed my mind on that. However, ER always put in an effort and I agree with what others have said that KM seems (and I could be completely wrong obviously) to think all she has to do is show up on set. It just looks shitty, DZ leaving on his own, deciding to come back, and then ER getting fired and then putting him with one of the show's (imo) laziest cast members.

Hi Ulkis:

It's not just that the writers wrote Lulu off the show which was totally ridiculous. I figured the writers would either make Lulu break up with her boy toy or kill him off, I just didn't think they would put her in a coma just when she was finally able to say out loud that she was still in love with Dante.

First, let me say I don't want Dante to move on but if he did I hoped it should take some time. Second, if he's going to move on couldn't they cast another actress to play his love interest; someone that could be written off the show once Lulu comes out of her coma??!!  Instead, the idiotic writers decide to pair him up with Sam Mccall.  Sam Mccall really!  

I thought that pairing amnesiac Sonny with Nina was horrible but pairing Dante with Sam is just is even worse.  Sam slept with Dante's father!  Not only did she sleep with Sonny she also got pregnant by him! I'm familiar with the phrase keep it in the family but this is truly disgusting.

Sam has slept with just about every male character in Port Charles who has been a lead in a storyline on GH;

1. Jax

2. Sonny

3. Jason

4. Lucky

5. Silas

6. Drew

Who's next Micheal?  Chase? Silas 2.0 (Hamilton Finn)?

Edited by littlefingers116
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

This is nitpicky, but:  "Spencer's father is in Dubai--is he not?"  Who talks like that?  Oh, right, Carly's snotty daughter.

Speaking of, co-signing what everyone has said already about Carly today.  She is the absolute worst.  Really channeling Sonny with the betrayal talk.  I'm just shocked no barware was injured in the making of those scenes.  She really has some nerve to act hurt that Jax wants to friggin' protect his daughter.  She's just so used to everyone letting her do whatever the fuck she wants that any pushback and she can't deal.  Go to hell, Carly.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This is nitpicky, but:  "Spencer's father is in Dubai--is he not?"  Who talks like that?  Oh, right, Carly's snotty daughter.

LOL that ticked me off  I was like WHO SAYS THAT?! it's "isn't he?!" 

23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She's just so used to everyone letting her do whatever the fuck she wants that any pushback and she can't deal. 

she really can't. i've been noticing. When Jax calls her on her BS, (or anyone) - Carly can't say anything. or she keeps repeating (i can't believe this, i can't believe this) as her brain is trying to reboot so she can slam them down with something. 

What still blows my mind that outside of the "bodyguard that doesn't guard the body," Carly literally can not say how she intends to protect Joss. You can call all the meetings you want with the 5 families but if someone decided to snipe Joss tomorrow (please do this), they're gonna do it and deal with the fall out to send a message to the "Corinthos Organization," because we know if it were reverse, Sonny would send out Jason to do it irregardless of what the 5 families said.

which is what is terrifying the hell out of Jax. Who went through Michael and Morgan (too). and people are gonna be defending Carly because betrayal and "well it's the mob that's life." vs seeing Jax's pov. (actually this storyline would be stronger if Joss wasn't 18.). 

• Love 4

Joss' "Is he not?" sounded so pretentious. Even Spencer couldn't have carried it off.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Truthfully as i've said for the past few weeks - Joss needs to die. (or seriously get maimed, permanently disfigured, something) -

Fixed that for you. Michael ended up in a coma and nothing happened. But then Morgan died and still nothing happened.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I was waiting for him to say "Jax was right about that" when Jax said that Jason would have taken over for Carly, she just had to say the word.  Carly doesn't even have to move away any more, she just has to not show up at the Five Families meeting and Jason says that he's running the Corinthos "business" now.  But Jason said nothing. He lets Carly pretend that she's essential for the mob business.

46 minutes ago, Hater said:

He seems pretty useless to me outside of Sam right now.

That says a lot about him since he and Jordan are the only remaining police presence on the show. Meanwhile we get endless mob from Carly and Jason to mob kids Joss and Michael to bodyguards to attorney Diane.

• Love 3

Lord knows Carly isn't perfect....we've all been witness to her faults, jealousy etc. over the years.

However, Jax is far from being an angel. Jax who claims to love and care about Carly was going to use his recording to black her?  What if the wrong person got their hands on that recording then what?

Personally, I NEVER liked Jax from the very beginning because he was always calling Sonny a thug.  Yeah, Sonny is a mob boss has done some bad s*** but Sonny never claimed to be an angel.  

Jax on the other hand acts like his s*** doesn't stink and that he's the better man which is far from being true.  Jax's is a corporate raider, something the writers haven't mentioned in years.  A corporate raider is a so-called businessman who goes in and buys up companies and then breaks them up and sells them off.  This means that Jax has cost countless people their lively-hoods over the years.  Why hasn't there been a storyline of the blowback about that?  Then there's his criminal brother Jerry, a true thug.  Jax protected Jerry for years even though he KNEW what evil deeds his brother did to various people in Port Charles.  Jerry made Sonny look like a saint with all the horrible and heinous things he did and if not for him and that poison maybe Edward Quartermaine and countless others would still be alive.  Third, Jax bought a kidney for Joss and in doing so brought that nutcase Nell to town who wrecked havoc on the Corinthos clan and anyone else who got in her way.  Buying the kidney was a criminal offense and something Jax should have gone to prison for but he didn't.  He bought a kidney because he thought that any child of his shouldn't have to be on the waiting list like 99.9% of the population when they need an organ transplant but he gets a pass.  Last but not least, Jax blackmailed Micheal into letting Nina have access to her grandson when he knew the reason Micheal wanted to keep her away from Wiley. Micheal wasn't being malicious, his decision to keep Nina away from Wiley was well deserved after what she did; telling Wiley that Willow wasn't his real mother.  Jax, ruined his relationship with Micheal, someone he claimed to love and all to impress a woman who doesn't give a crap about him.  Jax blackmailed Micheal to get in Nina's good graces and back into her bed which didn't work.  Personally, I can't wait for Jax to find out that the woman he ruined his relationship with Micheal to impress has been hiding Sonny this entire time and more than likely will end up in the sack with Sonny and pregnant with his baby before it's all said and done. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Fixed that for you. Michael ended up in a coma and nothing happened. But then Morgan died and still nothing happened.

yeah but i figured they probably want to keep EMC on the show  so i figure the permanently disabled/permanently maimed scared for life, that Carly can't just... ignore.. like Michael brings up his shooting and points to some imaginary spot on his head. they "all mourn Morgan" but Joss is all up in mobsters faces, and Carly's acting like she's queen be on the hill. 

If Joss's face got seriously burned (to the point plastic surgery couldn't fix it) or if she got shot and the bullet damage was so severe they had to amputate (her leg  - oh no! nomore volleyball!) - something that wasn't invisible, and they could't ignore. that's soap. That's what Jax was afraid of. This is what Carly's actions lead to. And Joss's belief that "family business"is great and "she can't show fear".(or common sense). It's easy to "blame Sonny" or "Blame the Jeromes" and all of that - but how you absolve yourself when it's clear the Novaks are going after you because you got involved and decided to flaunt it?

but it's General Hospital so of course they're not gonna do that.

• Love 1

Is anyone else tired of the Sonny amnesia storyline???

This is one of the longest storylines in history...okay that's an exaggeration but it certainly feels like it. I mean seriously, Sonny has had amnesia for months now but Lenny was diagnosed with cancer and died 5 minutes later.🙄

I really hope Sonny doesn't sleep with Nina and knock her up but I have a bad feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.  Lord knows how Nina justifies what she's doing, it's one thing to get back at Carly but it's quite another when you KNOW you're keeping this man away from his children and grandchildren, letting them all grieve when the man is alive and well...well amnesia challenged but still alive.  If she thought that Micheal was pissed with her before...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think there are two stalkers or one stalker and one childish prankster.  Spencer sent the cockroach and did the blood at the gallery. 

I think the severed hand, the letter, the teddy bear to Avery and the burnt car and Kiki's ID badge are someone else, with the help of the nurse who's hanging around.  

I thought Nicholas rigged the blood at the gallery, that it was a way to somehow get the stalker aka Spencer, bring him into the light so to speak?

Where the heck did this nurse come from and how is she affiliated with Kevin???🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, littlefingers116 said:

I thought Nicholas rigged the blood at the gallery, that it was a way to somehow get the stalker aka Spencer, bring him into the light so to speak?

Nikolas put in an extra security system to catch the stalker.  Spencer (dressed up like a ninja) set up the blood to fall from the sprinklers.  We saw him with the detonator, that fell from his hand. Then Trina picked it up, accidentally pressed the button and set everything off.  Then Ninja Spencer ran over to the Savoy and pretended he was Victor to Trina.  Then he dumped his "bloody' shoes in a dumpster when he heard that Jordan was looking into footwear, which apparently went nowhere.  

5 minutes ago, littlefingers116 said:

Where the heck did this nurse come from and how is she affiliated with Kevin???

This we don't know yet, but I'm guessing it will be something stupid, like she's a disciple of Ryan's and has been communicating with him and doing his bidding.  Harmony said she'd only been working with Ryan for a few weeks, so I'm going to guess that Nurse Eavesdropper was working with him before that.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, littlefingers116 said:

Yeah, Sonny is a mob boss has done some bad s*** but Sonny never claimed to be an angel.  

Sonny has never truly owned up to what he is, though. He always has some mitigating factor for his terrible behavior, so it's not ever his fault.

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why do we care?

Some of us don't, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

and to @perkie1968Oh I know this one -  they basically had two episodes of Jax (rightly) telling Carly she's a bad mother so now joss "needs her" to go to the Island so she can "baby her" and make her feel "Loved and protected" like good mamas do. 

Nothing was wrong with the Launch. Tony examined it. Take the Launch get home, and let Carly be there for her when Joss get s home., but no - they wanna go "seeeee. Carly CAN put the mob aside for her child! LOOK!!!" (ignoring the fact that Carly desperately wants to go to the meeting, flash her ring in their faces, and "own it" like she did last time. she basically said this to Jason)

(also Perkie thanks for the Devon/Tony Thing... also Tony sucked as a bodyguard so they probably shoulda stayed with Devon anyway)

same. I love it when my mom braids my hair. it feels so good. and I dunno it just suits Trina's face better. the frizzy look is nice too. but i just like the braids best

I feel the baby is going to die. Honestly I think the baby was only accommodated because Sasha's  actress is so obviously pregnant (I don't even think the "behind the potted plant" trick would have worked. (and she looks GORGEOUS pregnant. her hair is so glowy, and her face is shiny).  but i honestly have to feel this is a tock baby

Wouldn’t that be kind of ghoulish to do that to someone who is actually having a baby though?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, littlefingers116 said:

Yeah, Sonny is a mob boss has done some bad s*** but Sonny never claimed to be an angel.  

Sonny has never truly owned up to what he is, though. He always has some mitigating factor for his terrible behavior, so it's not ever his fault.

Plus, everyone always has to remind him he's a good person and a good father, ad nauseum.  So, yes, the show does want us to believe Sonny is good *despite* anything bad he allegedly has done.  It's all scripted as for the greater good. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Wouldn’t that be kind of ghoulish to do that to someone who is actually having a baby though?

it depends. (I would say they would ask the actress if she was comfortable with it). Sarah Drew on GA pitched the idea of her (character's baby) dying on the show while she was pregnant. I mean there have been actual pregnant people on soaps before who had soapy baby stuff happen to their babies. if she wasn't comfortable with it i wouldn't say push it but at the same time the show doesn't really need any more babies either so i dunno

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

and Jax has always regretted (from what i remember), protecting/defending his brother. (like Ava). he's done some bad crap, but Jax doesn't say he's perfect either. he's human and he does dumb crap sometimes. Sonny choses time and time again to be a criminal despite anything/everything and he never owns up to anything. 

(also being a corporate raider isn't a bad thing. generally speaking they target companies that are doing horribly, that's how they are able to scoop them up for minimal profit, make them look good and sell them off. it's like flipping houses but with companies, like if Jax didn't buy them up it's not like they were gonna be solid for another 20 years or something)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Catherine Scorsone's character on Private Practice had a baby with a brain that died while she herself was pregnant.

Being a corporate raider is not Santa Claus but it is a legal. Unlike being a mob boss.

45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Just like Carly has for being a mob queen now. They're always "more sinned against than sinning".

• Love 6

I first wondered if that nurse was helping Spencer, but she overheard his grandparents and Ava talking and didn't call to warn him that they were on their way to confront him. So the most likely scenario probably is that she has been Ryan's nurse, as some of you said. 

But I do hope Spencer doesn't get to skate on everything else he actually did do.

OTOH, Nikolas, a simulated stabbing is NOT fine, what the hell??

• Love 6

So what was Jax's big plan if he got Carly to say something incriminating on tape?

Was he going to go to the police?

What exactly does he expect Carly to do?

What is the point of trying to get blackmail information if you don't really know how to use it?

Faking your death for 3 years and then years later attacking your son by pretending to be a serial killer, are reason why Spencer is messed as he is. Besides overindulging him and never giving him any limits.

And now for the stalking nurse.

She is either in league with Ryan or she is some lost daughter of Ava looking for revenge or a combination of both.

I thought Nikolas and Ava were just breaking up temporarily and would reunite once they found out Spencer was the stalker. After today, they’re done. Ava getting reminded of her dead daughter on the same episode that Nikolas is terrorizing his son was a huge anvil. I thought Nava were originally meant to be the shady couple but it’s all been on Nik’s side so far with Ava either reluctantly going along with his plans or not agreeing with him. 

Hi! I have just started watching again after a break of about 20 years. Right now, this is the best soap on the air. 

I enjoyed the “party” at Wyndemere. Wondering how Kevin and Laura ended up together. what happened to Lucy? And Luke?  

The Ava/Trina stuff was nice but MW’s face was awfully shiny yesterday. She must have had a recent bit of Botox or something. She’s no spring chicken. And certainly (thankfully) hasn’t destroyed her face like Monica. Which reminds me, the Stuart Damon clips made me tear up. I always loved Alan.

• Love 2

This may sound petty, but just for the violation of hacking his phone, I hope Jax gets it together and rains down a veritable shitstorm (TM Johnny Sack) on Snarly and Jasus, starting with engineering the sudden disappearance of Jar Jar Binks. I know if ain't gonna happen, but a guy can dream, right?

7 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

The Ava/Trina stuff was nice but MW’s face was awfully shiny yesterday. She must have had a recent bit of Botox or something. She’s no spring chicken.

No. No she's not, but Ava's always been very lovely in an nontraditional, timeless kind of way. Her outfit today was very nice, and I seldom notice those kinds of things.

• Love 12

The day player with long dark hair is very pretty. She’s working for somebody which I’ll probably hate her later for. LOL!!! They were nice scenes between MW & BK. It seems just like yesterday that Ava was a marksman murderer and now she’s a heroine. Talk about progress. So I assume Spencer was the true stalker but didn’t cop to it since the car fire threw everyone off his scent. Trina looks awesome in her party dress. She’s done her 3 years as the new comer teen and now she’s a vet. I guess next summer some of the kids will SORAS’d or some new teens will come to Port Charles. It started with Scotty & Laura and has continued. It’s a rite of passage in daytime. 

• Love 5

I really hope Sonny doesn't sleep with Nina and knock her up but I have a bad feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.

Isn't Nina a bit ... old to be with child? I mean I know this is a soap and writers like to pretend these characters aren't the age they actually are but come on.

As to the Sonny has amnesia storyline - am I sick of it? Hell to the yeah and I've only watched the last month or so! The story is just awful.

Jax vs Sonny? Jax all day every day. Sorry but being a corporate raider is not a crime nor is it illegal. Sonny is a mobster. Now a mobster of what exactly who knows but still plenty of death and violence has followed this character lo these many years. He and his merry band of mob enablers have really hurt this show more than helped it. I think in the beginning the writers were going for a Tony Soprano type thing, but I don't think they ever quite understood that Tony wasn't a hero. On this show? You'd think Sonny was a saint. It's tiresome.

That rager party was amazing! You know when the show doesn't have the budget for a big scene, they really should not bother. I like the suggestion earlier where they should have just had the after party clean up and just focused on the characters they did. It would have made a lot more sense.

I was on the barge for a long time and as mentioned above just started watching again. How is it possible that Carly has gotten even more heinous? I really didn't think it was possible but here we are. Though i do not care at all about the Carly/Jason mob marriage, I think it would be far more interesting if Jason was having feelings for the she-beast and was conflicted.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, littlefingers116 said:

Sam has slept with just about every male character in Port Charles who has been a lead in a storyline on GH;

1. Jax

2. Sonny

3. Jason

4. Lucky

5. Silas

6. Drew

Don't forget Patrick.

6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of, co-signing what everyone has said already about Carly today.  She is the absolute worst.  Really channeling Sonny with the betrayal talk.  I'm just shocked no barware was injured in the making of those scenes.  She really has some nerve to act hurt that Jax wants to friggin' protect his daughter.  She's just so used to everyone letting her do whatever the fuck she wants that any pushback and she can't deal.  Go to hell, Carly.

I love this post so much I'm going to marry it. And not in a pointless MOC, not in an I'm only marrying you because I have to since you didn't die but as soon as you take 5 steps I'm out of here, but a really true I'm in love with you so much it hurts marriage.

3 hours ago, Runningwild said:

The Ava/Trina stuff was nice but MW’s face was awfully shiny yesterday. She must have had a recent bit of Botox or something. She’s no spring chicken.

Maura's six months younger than me, so thanks for that. She isn't too old to run marathons, which is why she has such incredible legs. Her face doesn't look shiny on my screen at all.

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It seems just like yesterday that Ava was a marksman murderer and now she’s a heroine. Talk about progress.

A heroine? I wouldn't go that far at all. The majority of the town still despises her.

2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Isn't Nina a bit ... old to be with child? I mean I know this is a soap and writers like to pretend these characters aren't the age they actually are but come on.

Yes. A thousand times yes (sorry, I had to). It's driving me crazy that these women keep getting pregnant at their ages. It is not realistic at all.

In the Jax vs. Sonny debate, Sonny will always be the worst because of what he did to Karen. It might be a million years ago, but that's on his permanent record. 

I haven't watched today yet, sounds kind of boring.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

In the Jax vs. Sonny debate, Sonny will always be the worst because of what he did to Karen.

Karen? that's.... Scotty's daughter? he kill her?

9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yes. A thousand times yes (sorry, I had to). It's driving me crazy that these women keep getting pregnant at their ages. It is not realistic at all.

I also think it's ridiculous that Sonny keeps accidentally impregnating women. I know it's supposed to show how virile he is but all I can think of is how he's probably got more than one STD because he clearly refuses to ever use a condom. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Karen? that's.... Scotty's daughter? he kill her?

It was way before my time, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. He got her hooked on drugs and made her strip in his club. I feel like there's more to it than that though.

• Love 2

Karen was still in high school when Sonny took advantage of her. One reason why I can never hate Scott Baldwin is that he has never forgotten or forgiven Sonny for that. 

Would getting Karen hooked on drugs so she'd keep stripping at his club be considered sexual trafficking? Looking back on it now it sure seems like it but maybe someone with more knowledge of the subject and a better memory of that storyline can chime it. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Love 6