Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That “tribute” was a FUCKING INSULT. All in silence with no audio. FUCK YOU, FRANK.

We didn't get anything in my part of Canada other than Scotty saying that Alan would be "proud" and me going Huh?

When did Stuart Damon die? CM said that he had been in studio July 9th and we haven't seen him yet.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

We didn't get anything in my part of Canada other than Scotty saying that Alan would be "proud" and me going Huh?

When did Stuart Damon die? CM said that he had been in studio July 9th and we haven't seen him yet.

Stuart died on June 29 of this year.
Cameron shows up next week, I think?

The 10 second montage took place right before the preview for tomorrow’s show.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Like y'all aren't even acting like friends or acquaintences like y'all knew the guy for longer than a day or something.

And this has been one of my main issues  with this story! 

If I hadn’t been watching prior to this arc, I wouldn’t think Willow liked Chase let alone loved him at one time!! She claims to care about him, but I haven’t seen any of that caring from her. She has acted more inconvenienced and annoyed with Chase than anything else. Her supposed good friend was dying, and all she could do was whine about not being able to screw Michael openly and freely. I never saw her holding Chase’s hand or encouraging him. She always had a constipated, annoyed, irritated look on her face. It was clear she was being “bothered” anytime he got worse. She never even faked like she wanted to be there or that she was sad he was dying/sick. If he coded, she just stood back, looked stupid, and hugged Michael. It’s like the show went out of its way to show she had no feelings for Chase at all, which begs the question -why has she done all of this?!? 

Willow’s done absolutely nothing to help or comfort Chase through this ordeal. I won’t knock KM’s acting abilities, but either she sucks at showing any nuance to her character or she’s been directed to act like Chase means nothing to her outside of a duty. She certainly doesn’t treat him like a friend or like anyone she loved. Wouldn’t the story have been better if Michael was worried Willow’s concern for Chase was more than what she said?! Granted, KM would have had to act like she cared, but that could have caused some friction with Millow and might have been a better story than what we’ve been watching. I guess the show can’t have Michael not completely dominating over someone else! 🙄

I agree that Millow will somehow find themselves on a high horse and will be calling out Chase for his “lies,” but I will never drink the Kool-Aid. I’m TeamChase no matter what crap this show writes! 

I also can’t wait until Chase is free. I hate the very sight of Willow. Everything about her is awful.

• Love 16

The one thing about this Chase delaying the blowup with Michael and Willow is that Chase cannot stand Willow's lame tokens of affections. Chase and Willow are not going to sleep together because Chase cannot abide the sight of her. 

Both Willow and Michael seem to have this false narrative that they are being selfless by not telling Chase the truth. They are not heroic by any means and they have earned Chase's full hatred on both. Whether they tell him now or in 50 years from now, Chase has been betrayed by the woman he love and his so-called best friend. There is no fixing that.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 15

Like someone asked me, and this is going on and on on Twitter (even from Frank, like "will Chase try the truth for once" (He also mentioned Millow) and i am like what? like people keep bringing up the whole Sasha thing (which I didn't watch) but from what i gathered -  MIchael was fighting for custody. Willow wanted to be in the brat's life. Michael wanted Willow in the brat's life. Michael needed to be married to beat Nelle. Chase thought "hey why don't you two get married. 3 flies, one swat." they went all no no no. Sasha had a past. they were losing. Chase lied and forged the affair with Sasha so Michael could get his son, Willow can be with the kid. Chase literally got nothing out of that deal. The lie sucked. Yah he was manipulating the emotions/situation, but it's not like they could just break up  - they would have seen through it. He lost his best friend, the woman he loved but he chose that for their happiness. and what was best for the brat.

Let's look at What Michael + Willow are Doing. 
Willow lead Chase on letting him think they were getting back together - when Willow knew she loved Michael and the only reason why she didn't cut ties with Chase was because she thought Michael wanted Sasha- and she didn't want to be alone. (that's how it played out to me. Because the moment Michael said NOPE, I want you, Willow was like OKAY I WANT YOU TOO!). - scuzzy. 

Chase gets sick and he wants his girlfriend (why would he think different, Willow never told him they were taking things slow (that I remember if I am wrong I stand correct), Willow never said NOPE we're not boyfriend/girlfriend, we're just friends and seeing where we go from here. Willow is like fine whatever.

Chase gets sicker and goes WIllow I totally love you, but i get it if you don't wanna be around a sick guy, we can end things.
WILLOW: I love you too. Don't worry about it.  while she runs to michael and cries how Chase is loving her and this is bad. Oh we should tell him but he's sick. 

Chase is dying (and again. the show missed a BIG beat by not having this about his pension either but whatever he wants to be married to his true love). 
Chase: I love you and I want to marry you, BUT I'lL UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MARRY ME. YOU CAN DITCH OUT IF YOU WANT
WILLOW: NOPE! I WANNA MARRY YOU!. crying to Michael how this is a disaster and now she has to marry him. Oh around this time they had sex that's how Jax caught them. 

Boo hoo. we're being blackmailed now. boo hoooo hoo

NOW they are having sex again, they are making googly-flirty eyes at each other, they keep putting it off for dumb ass reasons and CHASE is wrong because he didn't automatically blurt out that he can walk (thus he's lying apparently) and he deserves what he's getting because he lied to MICHAEL AND WILLOW TOO?!  WHAT?!  MILLOW is the downtrodden party here? (and honestly I don't even blame Chase for not saying anything. like. at first he was all imma gonna surprise Willow at our wedidng, and it wouldn' surprise me he wanted to make sure that this was permanent and not oh i can walk, o wait more damage, now i can't). 

Chase deserves zero of the crap that he's being bombarded with, and people who uses the Sasha lie really need to show their work, because the way I see it, Chase lied so Michael + Willow and Wiley could all benefit. Millow are lying so they can feel good about themselves because they were gonna do a good thing because he was dying  and now they are "doing a good thing so chase can get better" when Chase was a-okay with WIllow leaving him. three times. 

55 minutes ago, lala2 said:

f I hadn’t been watching prior to this arc, I wouldn’t think Willow liked Chase let alone loved him at one time!! 

right? especially with that crap "I wish you were with me when i found out my baby was dead instead of Chase." like kick a rock. 

26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Chase has been betrayed by the woman he love and his so-called best friend. There is no fixing that.

there really shouldn't.  that's sort of why I want BLQ out of this mess ASAP because if he finds out she knew that could end that friendship too and I really don't want that. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

The writers are clearly trolling though with Michael calling himself vanilla and Chase saying he wished Willow and Michael never existed.

Yeah, you can't convince me that at least one of the writers doesn't visit these boards at least occasionally. That whole "vanilla" thing was just too specific.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

So, I guess Chase is gonna be the bad guy for working with Austin and get the proof to overturn Edward's will.

Spoiler
Spoiler

But how does Drew coming back change the ELQ math? His shares went to his kids ( which Valentin now controls)

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

Willow’s done absolutely nothing to help or comfort Chase through this ordeal. I won’t knock KM’s acting abilities, but either she sucks at showing any nuance to her character or she’s been directed to act like Chase means nothing to her outside of a duty.

The only read that makes sense is that she was inexperienced with healthy relationships (which realistically she would be), and what she had with Chase was satisfying at the time. As an entrée to normal-world dating and relationships, he was a big step up from life in the cult. But then when she formed a romantic connection with Michael, the golden boy, it was like comparing a hasty pencil sketch to a great oil painting. In the mind of Willow, Michael is just the better guy. And I don't think she's materialistic, and I don't think she cares about taking her place in two powerful families or anything like that. She just thinks he's better.    

Anyway, she's clearly long over Chase. She still wants him to live and be okay, but if she were free and clear to be with Michael, she'd accept Chase just being her friend or being the ex who will hate her and give her dirty looks forever.    

I'll knock KM's acting abilities. She was fine for a supporting player in the Shiloh story, but she's too flat and one-note to get it done as one of the show's young female leads. She's the weakest link in that triangle, in my opinion. Duell and Swickard are better, but I'm not finding any of the three compelling enough to sell a story that's being made so central and is going on and on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Daisy said:

hey didn't show the tribute here. 
(or my PVR cut it). 

it's a bummer that it sucks

it was on City TV Toronto but at the very end

it was nice to see the old Nurses Ball and Christmas Hospital scenes when the show actually had a decent budget!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I saw it on City, but live, maybe the PVRs cutting it off

ETA: I never know how to edit a post to ad a quote, I wanted to combine this with my previous post

Edited by Blackie
eta
13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

First, that montage at the end better not be the only tribute to Stuart Damon.

I thought the same. Plus the episode didn’t even have anything to do with him! Sadly, I think that’s all we’re getting but I hope I’m wrong. 

13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

And since they've retconned Hayden's story entirely, who knows what can happen now.

That's true, unfortunately.

Yep, considering the entire story is being rewritten in real time it could really have been anyone in the room with Naomi. I really hope it’s NOT the person in that spoiler. I really don’t care about this story at all unless Rebecca Budig is coming back. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

So, I guess Chase is gonna be the bad guy for working with Austin and get the proof to overturn Edward's will.

Reveal spoiler
  Hide contents

But how does Drew coming back change the ELQ math? His shares went to his kids ( which Valentin now controls)

Spoiler

Well, if he's back then Scout's inherited shares go back to him and out of Valentine's control.

• Useful 1

I think you all are missing the point that Chase IS at fault here because he didn't die like he was supposed to.  Truly disrespectful and inconsiderate of him--poor Millow.  

Sean to Hayden's mom: "We might be your best chance of finding your daughter."

Me: "Oh, sorry, I didn't see your superhero cape.  By all means, come on in, people I've never met."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 15

THIS was the "tribute"

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The only read that makes sense is that she was inexperienced with healthy relationships (which realistically she would be), and what she had with Chase was satisfying at the time. As an entrée to normal-world dating and relationships, he was a big step up from life in the cult. But then when she formed a romantic connection with Michael, the golden boy, it was like comparing a hasty pencil sketch to a great oil painting. In the mind of Willow, Michael is just the better guy.

So is your theory that Willow didn't love Chase, that she didn't have a romantic connection with him because he was her first real, healthy relationship after escaping from the cult? So it doesn't...count?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THIS was the "tribute"

So is your theory that Willow didn't love Chase, that she didn't have a romantic connection with him because he was her first real, healthy relationship after escaping from the cult? So it doesn't...count?

that was a nice tribute.... but he deserves more, Show. do better. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that was a nice tribute.... but he deserves more, Show. do better. 

I disagree. It was just music over a few clips. We didn't hear Alan speaking or singing. And it was just Alan, and made no sense with the rest of the episode. No Monica, Edward, Lila, AJ, Jason, Emily, Rick, Lesley, Tony, Bobbie, Robin, Stone, Steve, Audrey, Lee, Gail...

Brenda got a fucking better montage when Vanessa left in '98, oh wait. I keep forgetting who's show runner these days.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I disagree. It was just music over a few clips. We didn't hear Alan speaking or singing. And it was just Alan, and made no sense with the rest of the episode. No Monica, Edward, Lila, AJ, Jason, Emily, Rick, Lesley, Robin, Stone, Steve, Audrey, Lee, Gail

Brenda got a fucking better montage when Vanessa left in '98, oh wait. I keep forgetting who's show runner these days.

well I did say he deserves more :)

but i will agree with you that on this episode it made no sense. like.. i get it happened suddenly, and i don't know the inns and outs of stuff but i bet they could do a bottle episode kind of thing with Monica and do a whole clip show thingy.  without disrupting the flow (or you know disrupt the flow. i don't wanna see Millow lol)

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think she had a more limited frame of reference in romantic relationships than most women of her age would have. The actress was 23 when she first appeared on GH, and I think the character is the same age. Most 23-year-old women have had boyfriends in high school and college. Willow's past in the cult was recent enough for Shiloh to have fathered her baby that was born/died about three months before we saw her. So I don't think she's had much of a dating life.  

If she exchanged I-love-yous with Chase when they were together, I don't think she was deceiving him. When she was actually with him, I think she believed this was as good as it got. But she isn't being written (or acted) now as someone torn between two men for whom she has anything close to equally strong feelings.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

No, Michael. You're not vanilla. You're trash.

Definitely not vanilla. A vanilla shake or cone with some sprinkles or chocolate topping can make one smile. The SLS and his wanna-be Stepford wife certainly do not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Thanks for the clip @GHScorpiosRule
 That was pretty pathetic. Gail got a treasure hint hunt episode . Shaun Donnelly got a trip and a storyline. Alan, who was a major part of the show for decades , gets a brief clip with music. 🤬🤬🤬

I think KM's a better actor than Duell who really is terribly vanilla. She did a very good job on Willow finding out that her baby had died. My biggest problem is the writing -- first the idea that anyone in their right mind would prefer Michael ("She likes The Wine Guy with Chase, I'll buy her more expensive wine") to Chase and then how quickly Willow doesn't care about Chase while telling everyone that she does, yesterday's failure to drive him to a place she's going anyway a good example of it. It may be KM's decision to play it like Willow doesn't care a fig for Chase any more but the writing doesn't support her torn between the two men (which would have been a more interesting story) one iota.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I saw it on City, but live, maybe the PVRs cutting it off

Weird. I watched the show on City but no "tribute". Maybe it was a different market.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

The only read that makes sense is that she was inexperienced with healthy relationships (which realistically she would be), and what she had with Chase was satisfying at the time. As an entrée to normal-world dating and relationships, he was a big step up from life in the cult. But then when she formed a romantic connection with Michael, the golden boy, it was like comparing a hasty pencil sketch to a great oil painting. In the mind of Willow, Michael is just the better guy. And I don't think she's materialistic, and I don't think she cares about taking her place in two powerful families or anything like that. She just thinks he's better.    

Maybe on a better written show, I could agree but GH is just not that deep. In all honesty, I think it's a combination of bad writing, bad direction, and bad acting. Willow "loved" Chase. Now, she loves Michael. And because it's Michael - the show's original Golden Boy - she cannot show that she has any residual feelings for Chase at all. Michael must prevail over Chase, so any "love" she had for Chase disappeared. 

It would have been great if they really explored the cult's impact on Willow but they glossed over it. If I hadn't been watching, I wouldn't know she was ever part of a cult. She never discusses it, and it doesn't seem like that part of her life is influencing her decisions now. That would have be interesting to explore, but GH is incapable of thinking outside the box and doing anything new.  I also found the way Michael used his child to manipulate Willow and play on her feelings interesting, but, of course, it wasn't presented that way. Michael could never be manipulative and selfish! 🙄 I have also always thought Willow has been weirdly obsessed w/the son she willingly gave up for adoption. Even before she learned he was not her son, her attachment to Wiley was never healthy. To me, it's not healthy for her to be Wiley's "mom" b/c she essentially replaced her dead son w/him. That could have been interesting to explore, but they dropped the ball there too. So, I can only assume GH wants to do very one-dimensional storytelling!  

And I agree that KM's not the strongest actress, but I cannot rule out that the directors have possibly instructed her to NOT show any feelings for Chase. I don't know. To me, it would be normal for her to still genuinely care about Chase. I guess the writers/directors don't agree. A better actress would still throw in some nuance there, but KM has chosen to act completely detached from Chase. It's just odd and makes me wonder if Willow ever liked Chase.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

how quickly Willow doesn't care about Chase while telling everyone that she does, yesterday's failure to drive him to a place she's going anyway a good example of it. It may be KM's decision to play it like Willow doesn't care a fig for Chase any more but the writing doesn't support her torn between the two men (which would have been a more interesting story) one iota.

Seriously! She acts more like TWSLS's wife, than Chase's wife; what with her giggling and laughing and wiping off whatever that was on his face, yesterday.

This show definitely needed a Mona*, who could point at these two and say: "You got [laid]" just to see how they would hem and haw, and lie!lie!lie! that they haven't betrayed Chase, instead of the schmoopy "you two are more than in luuuuuuurve with each other than evah!" nonsense.

*Who's the Boss, when Tony boinked a fellow student at the end of season six. But he and Angela weren't really a couple, so not really cheating.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Maybe on a better written show, I could agree but GH is just not that deep. In all honesty, I think it's a combination of bad writing, bad direction, and bad acting. Willow "loved" Chase. Now, she loves Michael. And because it's Michael - the show's original Golden Boy - she cannot show that she has any residual feelings for Chase at all. Michael must prevail over Chase, so any "love" she had for Chase disappeared. 

I agree it could have been a better-told story.  It could even have been good with a certain amount of requisite annoying Corinthos fluffing. But they're just going to sandbag Chase, and I'm expecting it to get worse for him before it gets better. 

The one thing keeping them from going full Zander '04 model with Chase is that he has a strong on-show support system with Finn, Violet, Dante, Jordan, Jackie (once in a while), etc., He's more likely -- eventually -- to accept he's the loser in this triangle, get past Willow, and get involved with BLQ or someone else new. Which is better for fans of Chase than his kidnapping Willow, taking her to a foreign country, and trying to force her to love him, with Michael and Jason coming to the rescue by speedboat.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

So, I can only assume GH wants to do very one-dimensional storytelling!  

The show always takes the easy way out and goes with the most obvious. Even the stories it has an obvious interest in—Mike's Alzheimer's, the dumb social justice thing with Shawn—it does it in the most shallow way possible, and makes it about someone other than the natural protagonist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

the dumb social justice thing with Shawn

Speaking of which, my 🙄🙄 so hard when he was telling Naomi how not knowing who shot Hayden overwhelmed him, or whatever bullshit he spewed, while he was in prison, and thus, unable to get her justice.

• Love 4

Let's see what happens today

Sam, Dante, Shawn. 
Out of all of this i'm sorry that Violet lost someone else in her life. Sam is stupid and i hope her parole gets revoked. This is boring. and I don't care. 

Nik,Spencer, Trina
Catching sun in an indoor pool? At Sunset? Okay Cassadines. Nik didn't get the plot he was just scared for Spencer's safety. Spencer is deflecting like crazy, but Nik doens't care but Spencer overplayed his hand and Nik caught the lie so NOW can you figure out your son did this? Spencer is all about about how Ava sold out because she cared about her face more than him getting the company. Kick a rock.

Quartermaines. 
Give me strength. So apparently Tracey knew about Edward/Jimmy Lee communicating, and she stole the letters. So now Ned is Angry and is all FAMILY EMERGENCY and they are like what are we gonna dooo, if it'd Edward's wishes. (Olivia got all swoony because Ned's like we should give Austin what is his, and Ned's like well I'm Lila's granddaughter too). A: SHUT UP OLIVIA. Like quite frankly. (even if Tracey copped a fit). if there was proof that Edward wanted to change the will - ALL The Q's (minus Tracey, because it's Tracey), would happily give Austin what is his. I get so freaking sick of her "You Quartermaine" Crap. Go Kick a rock, Olivia.  Anyway they are like we can't assume, because rightly it says that Edward regretted it but it didn't = he would have changed the will. So they are gonna buy out Austin 

Michael is still trying to justify how he's doing the right thing by Chase by screwing Chase's wife and lying to him all the time. BLQ is all "I'm not related to Willow so i can't judge her, but You're the most principled Quartermaine since Lila, so I hold you to a higher standard" I literally felt something in my brain explode. (Maybe it was my brain). 

Hospital
Everyone is swooning over WIllow. Who cares.

Monica threw shade at Willow, when Willow is like "I'm student nurse Tait thank you very much," when she was like "Well you took Michal's last name, one would assume you'd take your husbands." I'm all for keeping your maiden name, but the excuse that willow was like "well i enrolled as Tait so that's just easier," doesn't fly with me because since she's rejecting EVERYTHING that is Chase, why not his last name too. 

Chase.... this is where i basically lost my mind. - Chase is basically excusing Willow for everything, that he trapped her, she just felt like she was doing the right thing, Chase boxed her in. Show. I watched this a few months ago.  So no boo.  Chase did not do any of that. CHASE GAVE HER SEVERAL CHANCES TO LEAVE. WILLOW CHOSE NOT TO. Let's just stop this recon (I know we're reconning everything but still). Austin was speaking a lot of truth. 

Then Chase is like "Why are you all in this anyway." and Austin basically went psycho with all Quartermines do is take and take and take and take. and they are taking from you and hey are taking from me, and down with Quatermaines, I want my legacy."

To which - if Austin felt that convinced there were documents in Edward's office. Why go to court. Just go get a court order, get the documents (legally). file the petition, and whatever. and I still don't even get unless the document read; "REMINDER. IF I DON'T DIE TOMORROW, GO TO DIANNE, AND ADD JIMMY LEE + GRANDKIDS IN WILL, I TOTALLY WANT TO TAKE BACK THE WHOLE EVERYTHING HOLT IS DEAD TO ME." what is it going to prove? the intent was there, but if he didn't do it. YOU DON'T, AND AREN'T ENTITLED TO SQUAT. They aren't stealing anything from you because it's not YOURS.  GUH. 

Honestly if there was a way for Austin + Michael to both lose this, I'd be great with that outcome. Like go figure the only storyline i was really looking forward too, and they botched it up. 

And then Austin is making it all Well. THEY ALL NEED TO PAY MICHAEL needs to pay because he's a Corinthos AND A Quatermaine and he has everything and he needs to PAY and Chase is like "boy you crazy, I'm gone." but then he lied to Willow (and here goes the crumbling of Chase's high ground, way to go show." 

Also. now ELQ is Wiley's legacy? God, can AJ's secret children show up and like. blow that up in the water yesterday?  Seesh. 

• Love 8

Spencer thought he was so smart but his big stupid mouth did him in. Spencer swears he had nothign to do with Ryan or with stalking Ava. But then says when he heard about the cockroach incident, he returned the letter to Ryan. Later, Nik's looking at the letter and the postmark return date is Feb 13/21, before Ava got the cockroach (which I think she received on Valentine's Day). So Nik knows that Spencer is a lying liar who's pants are on fire and he's going to theach that boy a lesson and I hope the show follows through on that because i'm here with the popcorn for that. Bring that boy down a peg or seven. And then punish his ass for scaring the poop out of Ava and Avery.

Also Dante is HAWT!

Edited by perkie1968
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Austin might be telling Chase how terrible Willow and Michael are for Austin's own good, but he's not telling Chase anything that isn't true.

Naomi has been dead for 10 minutes, tops. Her body is not cold. Good grief.

DZ is looking really good with his haircut and well-fitted suits.

• Love 12

Sam puts her finger on one bead of Naomi’s necklace and says “There’s no pulse” and “ she’s cold”.  Huh? This actress isn’t even trying anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Austin might be telling Chase how terrible Willow and Michael are for Austin's own good, but he's not telling Chase anything that isn't true.

DZ is looking really good with his haircut and well-fitted suits.

All of this.  No issues whatsoever with Austin.  I don’t care one fig about Austin’s inheritance and blah blah blah, but I think he spoke all the truth to Chae regarding Michael and Willow.  I kind of loved that he said more than once that Michael and Willow were “screwing”.  It’s so crass and really drove the point home how they’ve been terrible to Chase.

I was so confused when Shawn said Naomi had been dead a while and Sam said she was already cold.  Didn’t they just like go outside and come right back in to question Naomi further?  They made it sound like it had been hours.

Ditto about Dante.  He’s hot!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

All of this.  No issues whatsoever with Austin.  I don’t care one fig about Austin’s inheritance and blah blah blah, but I think he spoke all the truth to Chae regarding Michael and Willow.  I kind of loved that he said more than once that Michael and Willow were “screwing”.  It’s so crass and really drove the point home how they’ve been terrible to Chase.

I was so confused when Shawn said Naomi had been dead a while and Sam said she was already cold.  Didn’t they just like go outside and come right back in to question Naomi further?  They made it sound like it had been hours.

I had meant to mention it (I might have edited it out). Austin was hitting all the truth homeruns today and I like that he was crass, because Chase's bubble legit needs to burst

With Sam/Dante they legit went downstairs, and around the block, called Elizabeth, found out Hayden's middle name wasn't Amelia and came back upstairs. I don't know how 'cold' one gets in that time period.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Sam puts her finger on one bead of Naomi’s necklace and says “There’s no pulse” and “ she’s cold”.  Huh? This actress isn’t even trying anymore. 

Unfortunately, she's about to get tons of storyline. 

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I laughed so hard at that.    Maybe the show got so  much flack for having Liz take Peter's pulse, declared him dead, than possibly have him not dead, since he's no longer in the freezer.  So they made sure we'd understand that Naomi is truly dead, since she's cold.  

Or Maybe the air conditioning in the room  was on high and that's why she was cold!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Spencer thought he was so smart but his big stupid mouth did him in. Spencer swears he had nothign to do with Ryan or with stalking Ava. But then says when he heard about the cockroach incident, he returned the letter to Ryan. Later, Nik's looking at the letter and the postmark return date is Feb 13/21, before Ava got the cockroach (which I think she received on Valentine's Day). So Nik knows that Spencer is a lying liar who's pants are on fire and he's going to theach that boy a lesson and I hope the show follows through on that because i'm here with the popcorn for that. Bring that boy down a peg or seven. And then punish his ass for scaring the poop out of Ava and Avery.

Also Dante is HAWT!

All of this. I really need Spencer to get his comeuppance. I don't have high hopes, but we'll see. Just hoping for something to wipe that obnoxious smirk off his smug face. I'd love someone to punch him. He's very punchable. Not sure who that would be though. Even Nik isn't about to haul off and slug his own kid. I really can't wait to see this epic rager that he's promised. I really wish we would get a Regina Morrow situation, but this one is more likely to be Romper Room. 

Good lord, Willow is really being made out to be this Mary Sue sainted nurse when she's just a horrible person. I can't believe I used to like her at one point. She had fire and spark. I liked the way she was finally able to stand up to Shiloh. Her first time with Chase was sexy and sweet. But now they've gone full sugary rot your teeth while pretending that she's the best human to ever human. She's awful, and I hate her.

Yeah, I don't know what that Naomi is cold already was all about. Makes no sense but sometimes if we complain loudly enough about an obscure detail they'll explain it in a few episodes.

Thank god no Millow tomorrow and I get my Britt back and with Liesl. So 2 points there but minus 10 for the endless Portia/Curtis/Jordan blahness back and then there's Jarly. 😒

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Even as a straight guy I've gotta admit DZ is a good-looking young man.

30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Good lord, Willow is really being made out to be this Mary Sue sainted nurse when she's just a horrible person.

It amazes me how none of the Qs or anyone else in Willow's orbit doesn't see that this woman needs counseling.

30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

All of this. I really need Spencer to get his comeuppance. I don't have high hopes, but we'll see. Just hoping for something to wipe that obnoxious smirk off his smug face.

Would love to see the little turd brought down a few pegs. Jeez, other than Elizabeth and Dante are any of the offspring of legacy characters not horrible people????

ETA - Ned is basically ok, so maybe it's not all bad.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Would love to see the little turd brought down a few pegs. Jeez, other than Elizabeth and Dante are any of the offspring of legacy characters not horrible people????

She's not on the show, but hello! Robin! Maxie, (even though she's acting not so smart these days, but understandable).

• Love 2

I hope that Nik is booking into some obscure motel (but NOT the one Naomi booked) because everyone and all his relatives is staying at the Metro Court. No chance to hide there.

I am completely bored with the Chase/Willow/Michael story. I can't stand Willow any more so all that praise for her today just elevated my blood pressure. Is "I'm just Student Nurse Tait" supposed to show how modest she is? It's not like CEO Monica doesn't know who is a nurse and who isn't.

I was watching Chad Duell today and he really only has 2 expressions: wrinkly worried and bland. I don't like Spencer but the actor is better than Duell.  Even the Charlotte actor is better and works  harder.

Sam is such a super PI, she doesn't know that body temperature remains stable for 30 - 60 minutes after death and it takes 12 hours for it to cool. With all the dead bodies, this show really needs a coroner to go to the crime sites.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Also. now ELQ is Wiley's legacy? God, can AJ's secret children show up and like. blow that up in the water yesterday?  Seesh. 

More proof that she's dangerously obsessed with Wiley. There's also Jake, Danny and Scout and Bailey so far as she knows.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
18 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

She's not on the show, but hello! Robin! Maxie, (even though she's acting not so smart these days, but understandable).

Thanks for that GHScorpiosRule!  I like them both, especially adorable Robin, but yeah. Maxie has been so ba-ba-booey these days she fell off my radar.

• Love 3

Sam: There's no pulse.

Me: Well, typically, necklaces don't have a pulse, you dolt.

Sean: You can't call the police, they might send some gung-ho 'by the book' person.

Me: Yes, it's awful when law enforcement actually does what they're supposed to do.

Sean to Dante, after Dante comments on Sam pushing the limits on her parole: I tried to tell her not to call, I could handle this myself.

Me: I see walking the straight and narrow lasted (checks watch) less than a month.  Good job, Mob Flunky. 

I can't even get into all the "the body is cold" nonsense.  Good old time space continuum at work today, I see.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I do like the fact that Chase was trying to make excuses for Willow, whom he loves ( or loved) and is more pissed at Michael. 

Too often I feel like the woman who cheats gets shamed and the guy skates. I'll be thrilled to see Michael face some repercussions of his actions.

• Love 9

When the Qs were having their emergency family meeting today, Michael didn’t say a word. BLQ did a lot of talking but Michael could only look constipated or confused. Typical looks for him, right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7