Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I’m assuming we’ll get Nikolas doing something stupid at the party to try to unveil Spencer, it blowing up in his face and everyone getting angry at him. They’ve already set this in motion by having Alexis, Laura, and Ava doubt Nikolas’ claims. That or Spencer gets exposed but a recovered Ryan somehow escapes and terrorizes them and everyone assumes it’s Spencer behind it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She sure seems primed and ready to have an actual relationship with Jason -- "I don't know what the future holds with Jason" doesn't read like "this is a MOC only."  She's so heinous.

And whoever said Josslyn is an idiot is spot on.  The whole "ZOMG, you guys love each other--when's the wedding?" dialogue makes her sound like such a simpleton.

Joss is a dumbass. She's not new to the mob thing. The fact that she didn't even have a clue that this might be a MOC just makes her sound even more ridiculous. And that she has no problem whatsoever with a tail. Can we please have someone in this family not be all starry eyed and Brady Bunch like with each other? It's gag-worthy and nauseating. 

Someone on Twitter said that Carly was talking to a doll because she has no girlfriends and I cannot stop laughing. 😂🤣

I really didn't like Ava's reaction today. She should have been angry and not acted so clueless. She isn't dumb, and she should have realized what Nik said was very possible. She's had to give up her only child to CARLY, FFS! And why shouldn't Nik set him up to be found out and possibly publicly humiliated? I really don't care if Ava and Nik get back together or not because frankly, I just don't see chemistry there. I don't see it with Jason and Carly. I don't see it with Curtis and Portia or Curtis and Jordan. I don't see it with Joss and Cam. I don't see it with Finn and Liz. I definitely don't see it with Millow. Smike and Nina are gross. Sasha and Brando (still think that's a stupid name) are pretty but white bread bland. That's a really bad track record, Show.

The chemistry that I do see is either between pairings that aren't shown that much (Anna/Valentin) or ones that they are determined to scratch from the record (Jason/Britt - that is a whole separate rant that I won't go into right now. But be prepared, it is coming.) [I am in the minority that I do see *potential* with Sam and Dante - at least sexual chemistry. But I'm going to have to see them in bed to make a final determination.]

I will admit that the Spencer actor has improved since the beginning. He's leaned in to the character traits and is invoking ragey feelings in me so that's definitely saying something. I don't see major sparks between him and Trina but that could change.

All in all, I'm disappointed because it seemed like the show was on the right track for a little while and was showing promise, but then it quickly derailed and is now stuck in an endless cycle of letting storylines and secrets last for months and months, starting things with couples and then halting them before they really get going, and just generally being boring, endless and bad.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I really don't care if Ava and Nik get back together or not because frankly, I just don't see chemistry there. I don't see it with Jason and Carly. I don't see it with Curtis and Portia or Curtis and Jordan. I don't see it with Joss and Cam. I don't see it with Finn and Liz. I definitely don't see it with Millow. Smike and Nina are gross. Sasha and Brando (still think that's a stupid name) are pretty but white bread bland. That's a really bad track record, Show.

The chemistry that I do see is either between pairings that aren't shown that much (Anna/Valentin) or ones that they are determined to scratch from the record (Jason/Britt - that is a whole separate rant that I won't go into right now. But be prepared, it is coming.) [I am in the minority that I do see *potential* with Sam and Dante - at least sexual chemistry. But I'm going to have to see them in bed to make a final determination.]

I don't agree with you about most of the couples, but I agree about Sam/Dante and see potential, especially since the kiss. I HATE Britt/Jason and wish the show was trying to scratch them from the record, but I don't see that at all. I think they're being written as the root-for-couple, but I can see the show maybe going there with Jason/Carly, but I lean toward Jason/Britt getting together eventually, especially since it seems she's clued in now that this is a marriage of convenience.

• Love 1

Does the characters in the Nixon falls story live above the bar? They're never in a house. Why don't we see another store or something as part of Nixon falls? Where are the other residents? Such a strange story on the show

• Love 6
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

And why shouldn't Nik set him up to be found out and possibly publicly humiliated?

A big fall is really the only way to redeem Spencer at this point. He will feel humiliated and ashamed, but Trina (after her shock and anger) will show him kindness, and it will change him into a better man. I think that is why they are ramping up his arrogance before this party, so that his downfall will be great, and then he can find his redemption.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Guh. We started with Nixon Fails. 2:21 - Lenny closes his eyes. Me - Phyllis is going to back outside and he's gonna be dead.  2:22: Lenny is dead, and of course it's Mike who found him. Stupid me. Why should Phyllis be the one to find her husband, it's all about Mike. 

Also. dude, what the hell? Did Lenny take pills or something because what on earth woulda killed him that fast, esp that he was in the hospital being tested all day.  Also also - I'm supposed to feel sad now. They are doing the slow motion walk, and plinky music that's supposed to make me feel sorry, but they didn't develop Phyllis or Lenny at all.  So like am i supposed to be sad for people i don't really "know"? 

Sam and Shawn - boring. "the ME almost missed it." Me: well clearly the ME needs to work with Grissom in Vegas, because he wouldn't have missed it!" Jordan slamming some truth: Shawn why the hell are you getting involved with this when you just got out of jail." Also - I do like Sam's skirt. 

Shawn - you lost years of your life because you took a deal to protect Sonny.. so shut up. 

Spencer's big party with 4 people.  "solstice chic" hehehe. Trina looks fab, Joss is channeling Anne of Green Gables with her dress.  Okay you know. this conversation would be coming better from Cam - because honestly, people could be telling Trina (and Cam) about being friends/dating Joss. (you know considering that she's a mob princess and all). 

Carly and her mental Sonny. Like seriously? Like I said yesterday - this is the stupidest thing ever. Carly has wanted to be with Jason from the moment she met him. twenty years+ we've seen this play out. We've seen Carly shove  butt in all of Jason's relationships, basically torpedoing them all - and now it's all "what if it gets ruined?" Show, please. 

This  show is rich. "I really love you. I always told myself you were bad for me, but you were so good for me," Bitch, loving Sonny got you A: Shot in the head, B: Michael shot in the head, C: Morgan blowed up, D: Because you took up Sonny's business, your daughter is being threatened now, and you miss this/him? 

Jax and Britt recap. (still awesome). Jax is demanding that Jason puts a stop to this. (the threat with Joss). which is kinda cool (but still kinda hypocritical, because that will probably involve violence or something that Jax just shunned lol) "Joss isn't Morgan." (well are you sure? they are both pretty damned stupid).  Jax is done co-parenting with the mob. Britt tells him what they had was history, so he can stand down

Dante was being all "allegedly" with Jax about Carly/Jason starting up Sonny's business and Joss being threatened. Jax's mind just exploded and is like well MY hands aren't tied so I'll deal with this myself. 

Honestly, the show is kinda insinuating that something is gonna happen to Joss.  I could be reading way more into it, but i'm seeing these stuff. 

For a Friday show - this was so blegh. 

• Love 6

I thought Dante and Sam’s scenes at the metro court were decent like two weeks ago. But today? Not feeling it again. She is just so low energy. Their vibe is too on and off for me overall. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly, the show is kinda insinuating that something is gonna happen to Joss.  I could be reading way more into it, but i'm seeing these stuff. 

I think it's sounding like Jax is going to do something unauthorized and he'll have to go away for a while. Which would benefit the rest of the set if you know what I'm saying.

Aside from the overdramatics of Nixon Falls and the utter ridiculousness of Carly's entire self, I didn't mind today. Britt is gorgeous, I kind of finally saw some chem with this Jordan and Shawn, and go ahead and hate me but I liked Dante and Sam. She was smiling 100 times more than she has been. I said from the very beginning they should bond over being single parents. Not sure why it took this long but maybe they didn't want to repeat other stuff. Oh, and this party is hilariously stupid. Like why do they need VIP bracelets when it's just the four of them??? LMAO. Anyway, Trina looked great and Joss...well that dress was interesting. Epic misbehavior my ass. Are these four going to do anything besides stand around and talk?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh I loved Courtney Matthews! 

Why?  Because she could stare at a snow globe for hours?

How is Spencer's "La grand feet" going?  It's fête.  Didn't this guy go to school in Paris?  He's about as fluent as Valentine.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 6

Oh Lenny.  We hardly knew you, yet we knew way more than was necessary.  Mo did pretty good with finding Lenny and everything after.  It’s probably the most subtle acting he can manage.

I hated Joss’ Little House dress at the party.  A rare miss, usually her outfits are the best thing about her.

The scenes between Britt and Jason were good.  Again, Jason shows some awareness about the reality of his situation and who he is.  He’s done this a few times with Britt and with Monica.  It doesn’t excuse anything, but it’s something. 

That was the most alert and awake I’ve seen KeMo in quite a while.  She’ll probably need to sleep for a week after all that exertion.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why?  Because she could stare at a snow globe for hours?

How is Spencer's "La grand feet" going?  It's fête.  Didn't this guy go to school in Paris?  He's about as fluent as Valentine.

I don't know. I just liked her and I loved her and Jason as a couple. I think they were the first couple I ever saw get together on the show. Granted I was only around 13 at that time. Lol I have a lot of unpopular opinions at times. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I don't know. I just liked her and I loved her and Jason as a couple. I think they were the first couple I ever saw get together on the show. Granted I was only around 13 at that time. Lol I have a lot of unpopular opinions at times. 

I was just making a joke.  I hope you didn't think I was dissing your opinion. 

What really cracked me up about today's episode is that Carly was going on and on about how she and Sonny  were the greatest love that evah wuvved, and Sonny was alive in Nixon Fails totally forgetting her and romancing Nina.

He didn't forget how to take a radial pulse though.

I was wondering if the show was going to fork out some cash for extras for the rave of all raves but it paid for VIP bracelets instead.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Umm… Carly tells  “Sonny” that she and Jason havent’t decided what kind of marriage they’ll have. Bitch, what? Delusional much? I have a feeling Jason knows exactly what kind of marriage this is going to be and it’s not what Carly wants.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Trina looked fabulous. Cam looked spiffy in both outfits. Spencer looked like Euro-trash (am I allowed to say that?). At first I didn't know what to think of Joss's puffy sleeves but when she was standing and I saw that is was a short skirt with cutouts on the sides I thought it was sort of cute. Maybe not what you would wear to a "rager" but I didn't hate it. Her overly light face make-up though , whats up with that? Same with Britt. Have these girls been getting too much sun at the metro court pool?

The wrist bands are hilarious. Spencer , you have 3 friends, I think your security will know who they are to let them in your house if they need to go there. Does Spencer have another "plan"?

2 hours ago, Hater said:

She is just so low energy.

I guess that is why they had to put out the weapons of mass distraction today.Dante looked super excited so maybe they will be hot once they hit the sack, we will see.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thank God Lenny went quickly and not long and drawn out like Mike last year, made worse by my mother passing not long before and my dad (who had dementia) going quickly downhill soon after. I’ve mostly been ignoring the Nixon Falls storyline but I still would have been aware of it while ff and seeing it mentioned here and it likely would have been too soon to deal with another very drawn out character death, even if we barely knew him

• Love 4

Have we ever seen any customers in that ridiculously named bar in Nixon Falls? How does that place stay in business? I too am glad that they didn’t drag out Lenny’s death forever like they did Mike’s. That was interminable and so boring after the first 9-10 months. Can’t wait to see this epic rager that Spencer is throwing for 4 people!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, lorj said:

Does the characters in the Nixon falls story live above the bar? They're never in a house. Why don't we see another store or something as part of Nixon falls? Where are the other residents? Such a strange story on the show

I'm pretty sure evil Elijah* burned down the whole town before Smike and Nina brought him down.

*who I liked about 1000x more than Smike 

• Love 1

Hopefully they will at least pay for a sound effects CD of crowd noises and maybe flash some strobes through the window for this epic bash.

So now Jordan/Dante are sharing police investigation info with ex con and failed hitman Shawn? Uh huh. And parolee Sam, who has already tried to interfere with Dante doing his job.   

Mike: Seeing what Phyllis is going through losing her spouse, it makes me think about what my wife might be going through how I am gonna support Phyllis. What a tool. 

• Love 5

I just FF through the whole Nixon Falls story today. I did catch the tail end when Smike was talking about the feeling that he lost someone but can’t remember who. And Nina being all ‘that’s okay you don’t need to know.I’m here.’ Or whatever she said. 

Agree with others who loved Trina’s dress and wondered WTF joss was wearing?  Was she going to a ‘rager’ or auditioning for the part of Laura Ingles?

speaking of WTF clothes, Sam you really don’t need to have the girls on full display. And we’re those pants or a skirt? I couldn’t quite tell but they were pretty fugly.

carly imagining Sonny and saying goodbye, while saying she and Jason haven’t discussed what kind of marriage they’ll have, was pretty funny. Especially her imagining that Sonny would be happy and understanding about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Oh Lenny.  We hardly knew you, yet we knew way more than was necessary.

I was getting super salty with Lenny and Phyllis having that big scene together, but since they then abruptly killed him off I'll let it slide.  But, OMG, the ridiculous slow-motion and Sonny shaking his head (because it's ALL ABOUT SONNY) had me cracking up.

Carly to Faux-Sonny: "Jason and I haven't decided anything yet," re a platonic marriage.  Oh, do fuck off with this show, because the writing does not support this. Jason literally looks like he wants to upchuck his Monavie smoothie any time the wedding is mentioned.

Why the hell are Jordan and Dante sharing police information with Heckle and Jeckle?  And Shawn can just stop with the whole search for the one-armed man speech.  Justice for Hayden, blah blah blah. 

I was amused by Josslyn's "we can't all be judged by what we did when we were eight--I used to like to dress like corn."  Truly, if only she had grown up to be as much as a weirdo, instead of a wannabe mafia princess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

carly imagining Sonny and saying goodbye, while saying she and Jason haven’t discussed what kind of marriage they’ll have, was pretty funny. Especially her imagining that Sonny would be happy and understanding about it.

never in a million trillion years would think I'd be calling for Sonny to return (I despise him), but I'm almost there because Carly is intolerable for me. And yes, it's terrible but I want him to yell at her. Not that he has any leg to stand on or room to say anything because of Nina and his lack of wanting to find out who he is, but I'm so sickened by her attitude. She's so gross right now.

• Love 8

These visions Carly keeps having of Sonny aren’t Sonny-like at all. Sonny would never be so understanding and encouraging Carly to move on. I doubt he will be once he comes back to town and gains his memories back. This is what Carly wants to hear. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

WTF joss was wearing?  Was she going to a ‘rager’ or auditioning for the part of Laura Ingles?

If you fluffed up Joss's hair she would have looked like she belonged to 1985 with that floral Laura Ashley dress. LOL. 

19 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I will admit that the Spencer actor has improved since the beginning. He's leaned in to the character traits and is invoking ragey feelings in me so that's definitely saying something. I don't see major sparks between him and Trina but that could change.

The actor has these expressions that basically say, "I am amused by all these little people that I can so easily manipulate" and that honestly feels pretty true to how Spencer has been written. Kid is a legend in his own mind. LOL.

• Love 5
On 8/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, drtslim said:

I have to say that the actor playing Spencer has improved over the past few weeks.  He has made Spencer into an obnoxious narcissist, and everyone's goodness and value is based on how their actions affect him (i.e. he's really upset with Nikolas because he lied to him, treating him like everyone else; Laura's good because she's always been good to him).  But I am starting to buy that he actually cares about Trina especially since she's had the issue with Portia (he obviously identifies with her to an extent).  I definitely want him to get some serious comeuppance, but I want to see him and Trina get together (after some sweating and groveling).  

Also, I do see some chem between Spencer and Britt.  I don't think that I want the story to go there; but I'm just saying that I've noticed it.

Re: Milquetoast Millow and Chase

This is a very classic soap trope.  Triangle ending with the loser suffering from an illness/injury resulting in the centerpoint staying with them out of guilt/pity.  This story isn't working for me because Milquetoast Millow have no chemistry and Willow has been acting like Chase is just an inconvenience getting in the way of what she truly wants.  Usually the girl seems to at least care a little about the loser.  Or, the loser isn't as sympathetic a character as Chase.

I think the actor playing SPencer is fantastic.  First of all, he's gorgeous.  And he is very smooth, but shows a little vulnerability here and there.    He's good. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

No matter how many anecdotes the show puts in Sam's dialogue about being a mother, I'll never believe it.  She just never comes off motherly to me.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was amused by Josslyn's "we can't all be judged by what we did when we were eight--I used to like to dress like corn." 

I loved Trina’s confused reaction too. “We’ll revisit that later.”   Ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Ugh, this endless Carly propping. First she has a conversation with Jason about how great their relationship is. Then she has a conversation with imaginary Sonny about how great their relationship was, and how great she and Jason are. 

I wish I trusted the show to make this soapy by having Sonny come back and be at odds with Carly and Jason, and have them battle for power, and the town turns on all of them for causing a mob war, have somebody be a true villain in all this. 

But I know they won't. 

• Love 9
On 8/12/2021 at 7:45 AM, drtslim said:

Re: Milquetoast Millow and Chase

This is a very classic soap trope.  Triangle ending with the loser suffering from an illness/injury resulting in the centerpoint staying with them out of guilt/pity.  This story isn't working for me because Milquetoast Millow have no chemistry and Willow has been acting like Chase is just an inconvenience getting in the way of what she truly wants.  Usually the girl seems to at least care a little about the loser.  Or, the loser isn't as sympathetic a character as Chase.

I've said this before (I think? Possibly I'm doing that thing where I THINK about writing a post and my brain then believes I've actually done that), but I don't understand why Michael/Willow aren't written and portrayed as struggling more with this betrayal of a man they both allegedly care about. They should have exchanged nothing but longing looks or awkward conversations for a good while. Willow should have seemed fairly desperate to squelch her feelings for Michael and commit to Chase. Michael - who, according to this show, is not a villain - should also feel guilty, because Chase is his friend, right? He should have used his (ridiculous) position as CEO to offer Finn a state-of-the art research lab, plus whatever assistants and funding he required, to help him find a cure.

They have the bare bones of a classic soap story, but zero understanding of why it's classic, why it would be compelling to watch, why the lovers would be sympathetic even though they're doing the wrong thing.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, lorj said:

I was also thinking Lenny's death wasn't drawn out like sonny's father. But why kill off lenny? What happens now? Sonny never goes back to port Charles ?

I have a bad feeling they'll all end up back in Port Charles (Phyllis, Sonny, and Nina), but it seems like first someone from PC will have to see Sonny, or taste his famous marinara sauce if it hasn't gone bad yet. Because Nina would never go for it unless/until someone realizes Sonny is still alive. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, statsgirl said:

"What is it about Jason that otherwise intelligent people forgive him everything? " Jax is truth telling.

Seems like once each episode Awesome Writer gets to have one character say exactly what we've all been thinking for years. Love it!

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

He should have used his (ridiculous) position as CEO to offer Finn a state-of-the art research lab, plus whatever assistants and funding he required, to help him find a cure.

Good idea. Valentin was CEO at the time, Michael was running Aurora,  but Michael still would have had the clout to get a lab and assistants.

Michael is incredibly passive for a romantic lead. I'm surprised he knows how to tie his shoes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I wish I trusted the show to make this soapy by having Sonny come back and be at odds with Carly and Jason, and have them battle for power, and the town turns on all of them for causing a mob war, have somebody be a true villain in all this. 

They actually might. It's the easy way for them to go, as opposed to Sonny picking up right where he left off. It would be so much better for him to reject his old life and start fresh once his memories come back.  If TIIC and MB were thoughtful and honest, the "Sonny as Mob Boss" concept really doesn't have anything new to offer. Look at the Cyrus Renault S/L, it was an immediate bust and when Sonny was still in Port Chuckles he barely moved the needle.

By the way, doesn't it look like Mike is going to devour Nina's face each time they kiss? I'm guessing MB hasn't had a romantic interest of the same height in so long he's forgotten how to kiss a woman he doesn't have to look up to.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

They actually might. It's the easy way for them to go, as opposed to Sonny picking up right where he left off. It would be so much better for him to reject his old life and start fresh once his memories come back.  If TIIC and MB were thoughtful and honest, the "Sonny as Mob Boss" concept really doesn't have anything new to offer. Look at the Cyrus Renault S/L, it was an immediate bust and when Sonny was still in Port Chuckles he barely moved the needle.

By the way, doesn't it look like Mike is going to devour Nina's face each time they kiss? I'm guessing MB hasn't had a romantic interest of the same height in so long he's forgotten how to kiss a woman he doesn't have to look up to.

That's MB's kissing style. Although, I think he does like working with CW more than LW but that's another story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved Trina’s confused reaction too. “We’ll revisit that later.”   Ha!

Has Trina been told yet about the time a burned Spencer wore a white mask and crashed the Nurses's Ball while doing an homage to Phantom of the Opera? I would not be surprised if Frank is dying to do an homage to that, although carefully cutting around Emma's part in that or outright retconning her out.

• LOL 2

I wanted to add that Kelly Thiebaud looked amazing on Friday but I’m not really sure why. Did she her hair trimmed or darken? Makeup? Did she have a tan? The black skin tight dress? Maybe, all of the above but she really stood out but I can’t put my finger on it.

She was great with IR & SB in two totally different ways. They have really written her so much better this time around. I guess before she was strictly a villain whereas now she has more layers and is working with everybody in the cast. I even noticed that when she was at the pool with Leisel and Scott that she moved the hair from KG face while doing the scene like it was a daughter just straightening up her mother. So subtle. So effortless. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 19

I thought Joyce Guy did a very nice job with Phyllis breaking down after Mike and Nina left. Too bad the focus will go back to Mike on Monday, though.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, TVbitch said:

Hopefully they will at least pay for a sound effects CD of crowd noises and maybe flash some strobes through the window for this epic bash.

I know! It's hilarious that Spencer keeps talking about this "epic rager" and we never see more than the four of them.

18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Michael is incredibly passive for a romantic lead. I'm surprised he knows how to tie his shoes.

He knows, it's just that everyone else falls all over themselves to tie them for him. The coddling he gets is absurd.

I honestly don't get what the Sonny/Carly scenes were going for. Carly doesn't need his permission to marry Jason. We all know she'll sleep with Jason the instant he gives her any kind of go-ahead, so this "we don't know if it will be a real [wink wink] marriage" is equally dumb. The conversation did not make me nostalgic for Sonny and Carly as a couple. It did not give me any feelings about Jason and Carly as a couple. Mostly it left me thinking, "Oh, good, I can FF through these scenes too and get through this episode that much faster."

If anyone gets hurt when Jax decides to take matters into his own hands, it will be Jax. And of course it will be his fault, because Jason is the bestest protector ever, and if only Jax had trusted him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! It's hilarious that Spencer keeps talking about this "epic rager" and we never see more than the four of them.

Even funnier that at least three out of the four are virgins (it is possible that "Mr. Continental" Spencer has gotten laid overseas), and all Spencer can talk about is a night of "epic bad behavior." What does that even mean, drinking your milkshakes without straws?

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wanted to add that Kelly Thiebaud looked amazing on Friday but I’m not really sure why. Did she her trimmed or darken? Makeup? Did she have a tan? The black skin tight dress? Maybe, all of the above but she really stood out but I can’t put my finger on it.

The eyeliner made her eye color really pop. 

It took me a whole 15 minutes to watch Friday's episode. Skipped all the Nixon Falls story. I feel bad for Phyllis just very suddenly losing Lenny like that, but the writers took zero time to develop the characters. They are just an extension of Mike at this point, although I think that the actors tried their best to rise above the writing.

I like the Spencer actor, even though Spencer is a turd. But they seem to be going the way of him behaving the way he does because he's really just an insecure brat. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If anyone gets hurt when Jax decides to take matters into his own hands, it will be Jax. And of course it will be his fault, because Jason is the bestest protector ever, and if only Jax had trusted him.

And Dante will lecture him about how he SHOULD arrest him, but he'll give him a break because he was obviously misguided.

Spencer actor has definitely settled in after a bit of a rocky start. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wanted to add that Kelly Thiebaud looked amazing on Friday but I’m not really sure why. Did she her trimmed or darken? Makeup? Did she have a tan? The black skin tight dress? Maybe, all of the above but she really stood out but I can’t put my finger on it.

I thought that she's looked amazing for more than just Friday. That day where she was talking to Liesl in her office and she was kind of at the window, the lighting was absolutely gorgeous and it framed her so well. But her hair, her makeup, all of it has been really flattering as of late. And her acting has been on point also. She's at the top of my list.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Joyce Guy did a very nice job with Phyllis breaking down after Mike and Nina left. Too bad the focus will go back to Mike on Monday, though.

I thought the same thing. The only time I've managed to care at all about this story. I felt bad for Phyllis. At least she knows he went peacefully. I just wish this story was over. Now there's really no point in dragging it out anymore. Can we please move on?

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5
On 8/9/2021 at 5:00 PM, Daisy said:

hell, if it were me, i would be there at the crack of dawn making sure that Chase was okay to go for the day. Willow is all ONCE HE TAKES FIVE STEPS ON HIS OWN I CAN BLOW UP HIS WORLD, WOOHOO! 

I know I’m late with this comment, but that scene cracked me up. This is how I envisioned the follow-up scene:

Chase: <stands up, takes a step>
Willow: “I have something to tell you..” 
Chase: <takes three more steps then sits down> “What?” 
Willow: “Never mind.”

It was so weirdly specific!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

First off, why can’t soaps ever portray teens and partying realistically? Your parents go out and someone older gets a keg and chips and red solo cups. It can’t be that hard. Weren’t these writers and actors and producer teenagers? Secondly, the trio of Joss, Cam & Trina are such boring teens who are going to college. Then you throw in nuSpencer who is older but trying to portray younger with the Spencer dialogue talking a raging party where there aren’t, um, like any people. None of this is working for me. I want these kids off my screen and sent to college and now. Shouldn’t they be moving into their dorms by now? Good bye! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Jeez! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, YaddaYadda said:

They are just an extension of Mike at this point, although I think that the actors tried their best to rise above the writing

Kudos to them both. I I thought Joyce Guy's acting choices in the episode, calm and poised while Sonny and Nina are there and breaking down after they left, was so good.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
On 8/14/2021 at 5:05 PM, Hater said:

That's MB's kissing style. Although, I think he does like working with CW more than LW but that's another story.

I always thought that MB, LW & SB were a trio, thick as thieves & all for one & one for all. Basically, they are a package deal. 

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I always thought that MB, LW & SB were a trio, thick as thieves & all for one & one for all. Basically, they are a package deal. 

I think on set they are but outside of that not too sure.  I think based on what I see MB say he likes the vibe he has with CW.  

• Useful 2