Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Especially when they are gossiping about Carly right in front of Bobbie🤣🤣🤣

Yes, I did enjoy that part.  Especially since Bobbie was just like, “eh, no need to apologize, my daughter kind of sucks”.  Ha!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Only halfway through but Spencer is behind it ALL. If he bitched to Esme (not a Lauren recast bent on revenge, but his Gurrrlfriend) and she decided to help? It’s still all on him.

STFU LAURA! I’d never thought I’d type those words. Nikolas isn’t a child that you need to guide anywhere. And I loved Nik’s comeback about Cyrus’ mother being a hostage. 

The opening was so confusing. You would think that SheBeast and Jason just thought of the idea to get married. It’s all galactically STOOPID. That Cujo was NEVER involved in the bidnez and her swanning in to the meeting and suddenly knowing about it was lame. So now, after the many years of KNOWING that it was just Mooby, to SheBeast being a what? Co-Dona? And it’s clear that the Corinthos aren’t part of the Five-what with Jaysus saying they weren’t as weak in front of the Five; not Four, but Five. As if they need to prove it to themselves???

Epiphany, Bobbie, Elizabeth, and Terry can ALL TAKE A BIG DOSE OF STFU too. After Cyrus was arrested, Britt (who I don’t like for reasons) did tell Elizabeth she had her old schedule back. And couldn’t tell Epiphany the same as she was at Cabo. Yeah, yeah, actress probably wasn’t available, but shut UP, Terry. And Monica and Bobbie DESERVED to be fired. I can’t believe that Bobbie would…oh wait, yes I can. Every single vet character under Frank’s regime has been massacred and decimated.

But Epiphany can also FUCK OFF.

41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I missed the first half so was happy to tune in to see the nurses night out gossip session. Especially when they are gossiping about Carly right in front of Bobbie

But it didn’t bother Bobbie, so I couldn’t enjoy it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Laura has so many issues w/the way the son she abandoned as a child is raising his kid, but what about her mothering? Way to kick a guy when he's down, Laura! She didn't even try to comfort Nik once lying Spencer left. I know she's upset w/him, but her parting words were completely unnecessary. Nikolas knows he messed up. I would think a loving mother would say, "I know you regret what happened tonight, but don't give up hope. Spencer won't be angry forever" or something a bit comfortinga and hopeful! She was just pouring salt in his wounds. Shut up, Laura!! She makes me sick when it comes to Nik sometimes, and I cannot wait until she finds out Nikolas was right. What wil she say then? Probably nothing! 

I had sympathy for Spencer, but I lost all of that today. I still like the character b/c he's interesting, but I cannot wait until all his lies blow up in his face. He knows he did everything his dad accused him of and still played the victim. I cannot wait until everyone learns the truth. And I'm not sure what to make of the girlfriend. She seems a bit unhinged. I could see her hurting someone for him. This is going to be interesting. 

I couldn't really concentrate on the GNO stuff (b/c I was also working), but I liked what I saw of the Teri and Epiphany conversations w/Britt. Unlike others, I don't mind Teri, and I could see her and Britt becoming friends. 

I feel bad for Trina. A lot of ppl were upset w/her for not being more upset w/the Victor lie, but I was fine w/her quick forgiveness at the time. But now that this Esme chick has popped up - Trina better make Spencer work for her forgiveness. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Epiphany, Bobbie, Elizabeth, and Terry can ALL TAKE A BIG DOSE OF STFU too. After Cyrus was arrested, Britt (who I don’t like for reasons) did tell Elizabeth she had her old schedule back. Ans couldn’t tell Epiphany the same as she was at Cabo. Yeah, yeah, actress probably wasn’t available, but shut UP, Terry. And Monica and Bobbie DESERVED to be fired.

And what bothered me was is like Cyrus told Britt to do it. that's her boss. So if Monica goes "look fire so and so and so and so," Terry and Britt would have to do it. so to be so catty  that Britt had to do her job and "sorry you lost hours." - like own up to the fact that 98 percent of why you hated Britt was for the past, not from when she came back and you all gloomed to it. 

And I am all for Sassy - but there is a big line. even with Piph and Britt, and Britt is still being a lot nicer than i wouldbe Piph is like I can't tear you a new one if you are being all "i deserve it." Cow. Sometimes It would be nice if someone would turn around to her (or any of them) and be why don't you ask yourself how you would feel if I treated you the way you just treated me? And then put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Love 7

Well, I did not see that coming.  Nurse Eavesdropper is Esmee Prince (insert eye roll for that last name) and is dating Spencer.  Which makes Spencer's behaviour towards Trina, especially yesterday and earlier today when he looked like he was ready to shove his tongue down her throat, even worse.  What a little pissant.

So, we have confirmation that Spencer is in fact, the stalker though Crazy Pants Esmee is the one to set fire to Ava's car to take the heat off of Spencer.  

Strange line of the day:  Esmee to Spencer:  I think Ava should pay for Nikolas picking her over you.

Me:  Huh?  Shouldn't that be Nik's fault and not Ava's?  

I don't understand where the show is going in terms of piling the blame on Nikolas.  I agree, pretend stabbing your kid is a bit much, but they are being so heavy handed with Laura chastising him.  Is it just to give them an out when Spencer's actions are revealed and they can exonerate him by blaming it all on Nik?  

Laura with a pitchfork:  How dare you terrorize your son and think he could possibly be a stalker.

Show:  Spencer is the stalker, everyone.

Laura with a pitchfork:  See Nikolas, your behaviour is what cause Spencer to be a stalker.  

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, I did not see that coming.  Nurse Eavesdropper is Esmee Prince (insert eye roll for that last name) and is dating Spencer.  Which makes Spencer's behaviour towards Trina, especially yesterday and earlier today when he looked like he was ready to shove his tongue down her throat, even worse.  What a little pissant.

So, we have confirmation that Spencer is in fact, the stalker though Crazy Pants Esmee is the one to set fire to Ava's car to take the heat off of Spencer.  

Strange line of the day:  Esmee to Spencer:  I think Ava should pay for Nikolas picking her over you.

Me:  Huh?  Shouldn't that be Nik's fault and not Ava's?  

I don't understand where the show is going in terms of piling the blame on Nikolas.  I agree, pretend stabbing your kid is a bit much, but they are being so heavy handed with Laura chastising him.  Is it just to give them an out when Spencer's actions are revealed and they can exonerate him by blaming it all on Nik?  

Laura with a pitchfork:  How dare you terrorize your son and think he could possibly be a stalker.

Show:  Spencer is the stalker, everyone.

Laura with a pitchfork:  See Nikolas, your behaviour is what cause Spencer to be a stalker.  

LOL right? Frank tweeted something about Genie's Tour de Force acting, and I was basically like, too bad she doesnt have the writing to go along with her talent.  like. this is so stupid. Laura is being dumb over so much stuff (including the Florence thing), and then what? Oh surprise! Spencer was the stalker!! what are we going to do?

And doing this because Ava didn't testify to get you a company that you all have anyway is so stupid. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Soo... pretty long hair nurse shows up on the turret... (how? does she have a space ship?) whose name is Esme, stuck her tongue down Spencer's throat. Apparently she's a girlfriend... and crazypants. Even Spencer is taken aback from the crazy arson Esme did - but not taken back enough to play up being the victim. That's gonna blow up in his face too. But Nik is tres sads. So is Esme behind the crazier stuff? I'm confused. 

It seems like Spencer is behind everything except the car. It really sucks that Ava is being outwitted by a couple of teenagers. It makes her look so stupid.

I kind of enjoyed today, even with everyone being shitty to Britt. It was inevitable that all that would come back to bite her, and I liked her kind of egging on Epiphany to give it to her. Given that most of the entire table is pro-Jason, they don't have much room to stand on.

Carly is so pathetic. Is there anything about this wedding that is just about us? No, bitch! It's a MOC. And then she gives him the weepy eyes because she's losing her friendship. 🙄

Tomorrow looks hideous. Nixon Falls and Millow back? Kill me now.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It really sucks that Ava is being outwitted by a couple of teenagers.

Well, in Ava's defence the teens in question are quite the pair.  One has been given everyting on a silver platter his entire life and the other looks like she's going to start boiling bunnies.  Trina better be careful that Esmee doesn't realize Spencer has a thing for her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wow, Mean Girls much, people? UGH.

Laura, your son is in his thirties. At this point it's not up to you to "save" him.

German Chocolate Cake shots? I think I'm going to barf.

Esme the girlfriend is Stalker Nurse. I wonder what her angle is that she's so invested in helping Spence. I'd like more than another woman unhinged by lurve.

BH looked amazing in that top. I probably should have been annoyed by the Britt/Terry talk, but I thought it was well done, aside from the continued insistence that Monica and Bobbie were wrongly fired.

Nik getting all wet-eyed over Spence's rejection was ridiculous. What did he think, one apology would make it okay he fake-stabbed his son?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, in Ava's defence the teens in question are quite the pair.  One has been given everyting on a silver platter his entire life and the other looks like she's going to start boiling bunnies.  Trina better be careful that Esmee doesn't realize Spencer has a thing for her.  

It's not like Ava is some innocent little lamb who's never plotted or schemed. Having money and privilege doesn't give Spencer and Jr. Miss Esther (from the horror movie Orphan) anything on her. She definitely has more invested than just being Spencer's girlfriend. Why is Ava being blamed and not Nik? She has some screws loose. She might end up playing Spencer when this is all said and done.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

BH looked amazing in that top. I probably should have been annoyed by the Britt/Terry talk, but I thought it was well done, aside from the continued insistence that Monica and Bobbie were wrongly fired.

well considering all these people are FoJ (Friends of Jason) where evil doings is applauded, of  course they think that. normal people would have been shocked to find out what those two did, and would have not been surprised (regardless of how much they liked them) that they got fired. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I probably should have been annoyed by the Britt/Terry talk, but I thought it was well done, aside from the continued insistence that Monica and Bobbie were wrongly fired

Not just that, but I didn’t like the same old blaming Britt for everything else with the nursing staff. First, I don’t think Britt treated the other two nurses at the table horribly or cut their hours.

And when she cut Elizabeth’s hours, it was at Finn’s request/demand. There is also history of Elizabeth making mistakes when grieving (I think-or maybe that was Zaccara setting her up when he killed Shiobhan), so Britt telling Elizabeth to take time for herself after Franco’s murder wasn’t out of line.

But basically-None of them who were being catty-BOBBIE, EPIPHANY, ELIZABETH-have a leg to stand on as they are all Mooby and Jason loving apologists.

So STFU, Bobbie and Epiphany. Again.

• Love 9

Good God. So is this going to be a REAL marriage after all? 🤢🤢🤢🤢 The way Jason was talking and the SHEBEAST’s tears makes it look that way. After all the name checking of family and friends who are “happy for them”, what? Will they consummate the marriage in front of witnesses like they did in the medieval times? It was their asinine idea to lie about why they were getting married. It’s all so GROSS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good God. So is this going to be a REAL marriage after all? 🤢🤢🤢🤢 The way Jason was talking and the SHEBEAST’s tears makes it look that way. After all the name checking of family and friends who are “happy for them”, what? Will they consummate the marriage in front of witnesses like they did in the medieval times? It was their asinine idea to lie about why they were getting married. It’s all so GROSS.

this legit has to be something to appease LW. I know she's wanted Jason/Carly together for years.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

this legit has to be something to appease LW. I know she's wanted Jason/Carly together for years.

"If you're going to fire my boyfriend, you have to give me Jason/Carly..."

So it IS Spencer.  I swear to god, if that kid turns into another Jason, where everyone ends up apologizing to him for his bad acts, I'll lose it.  There needs to be at least some comeuppance when the truth is ultimately revealed.  Starting with Laura giving Nikolas a huge apology.

• Love 15

I have just caught up on the past 2 weeks of GH after being on vacation. I'm going to need someone explain it to me like I'm Sonny why I'm supposed to root for Willow and Michael over Chase and NotFranco. Willow and Michael are incredibly boring and have been lying to Chase and humping behind his back. He's MARRIED and had no idea Willow had a taste for white bread and mayonnaise until he walked in on her screwing said white bread during her son's birthday party. What on earth? Who does that? And if one of those men is going to get you that hot, it would absolutely be Chase over Michael.

Then there's Austin. Apparently he is supposed to have shares of ELQ but was cheated out of them by Tracy. So he wants what is rightfully his. Can't say I disagree with that. 

So Austin wants his inheritance and Chase wants his WIFE and best friend to be honest. And I'm supposed to cheer against them? I guess that makes sense for a show that thinks the mob is good and should be cheered for over doctors, lawyers, and police officers.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"If you're going to fire my boyfriend, you have to give me Jason/Carly..."

So it IS Spencer.  I swear to god, if that kid turns into another Jason, where everyone ends up apologizing to him for his bad acts, I'll lose it.  There needs to be at least some comeuppance when the truth is ultimately revealed.  Starting with Laura giving Nikolas a huge apology.

pretty much to the first

yeah I honestly...don't get why they are doubling down on this. they were both wrong. It would have been a stronger story (and shown there is something rootable for Spencer) had he heard about what Esme did (and again he acted appropriately by being completely taken aback/freaked out) - to take her down stairs, and say that Esme set the car on fire, but she was doing it to protect him and it could have been seriously, horribly bad (because what if Avery was in the car sleeping and Esme didn't know it?)

Deal with the consequences, deal with both Nik and Spencer fighting their inner Cassadines and both healing from this.

but now it's like. gonna be weeks of people "making it up to spencer" when the dude was 100 percent wrong anyway. that's not good soap. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I have just caught up on the past 2 weeks of GH after being on vacation. I'm going to need someone explain it to me like I'm Sonny why I'm supposed to root for Willow and Michael over Chase and NotFranco. Willow and Michael are incredibly boring and have been lying to Chase and humping behind his back. He's MARRIED and had no idea Willow had a taste for white bread and mayonnaise until he walked in on her screwing said white bread during her son's birthday party. What on earth? Who does that? And if one of those men is going to get you that hot, it would absolutely be Chase over Michael.

Then there's Austin. Apparently he is supposed to have shares of ELQ but was cheated out of them by Tracy. So he wants what is rightfully his. Can't say I disagree with that. 

So Austin wants his inheritance and Chase wants his WIFE and best friend to be honest. And I'm supposed to cheer against them? I guess that makes sense for a show that thinks the mob is good and should be cheered for over doctors, lawyers, and police officers.

Austin first:
Tracy didn't steal the inheritance - she was keeping correspondence from Edward from Jimmy Lee. (there was just some "he was proud" bs when Austin was asked why didn't Jimmy Lee come to PC before Edward died, or to the funeral or any time before he got sick). So the theory is Edward has something in his office that will show that Edward intended to get to Dianne's office to include Jimmy Lee + his children to his will. 

My argument is  - Edward could have softened towards Jimmy Lee but that doesn't mean he could have gotten money + stocks. He totally softened towards Tracey and all she got was relish. maybe Jimmy Lee woulda have gotten ketchup. I dunno. (also while Tracey was being Tracey - I think if Austin had just flat out told everyone this - they would have been more receptive, and at least Ned would have helped him look for it). BLQ is only shifty of himbecause of BLQ2 and everyone else is following Ned's lead on this. I think if Austin had went this way vs. "im suing you all" it would have been more... easy going. 

Re: Willow and Michael. Because it's Michael, and the sun shines out of his butt i suppose.  I honestly don't get how people are rooting for them either. they are lying, they had every opportunity NOT to be in this situation and they decided to martyr themselves so they'd look good about it and now they are going to wit until chase can walk 5 steps before dumping him. WIllow is treating him like the crap at the bottom of her shoe but it's supposed to be about Millow. i don't get t.

• Love 2

Wow, what a bunch of bitches, led by Epiphany, Bobbie, Terry and yes, Liz. And Shut up Terry, if it was your party, it was your invitation to extend. I can't stand Ephiphany and Bobbie,  already think Britt is worth 10 of Epiphany and Bobbie put together and dislike Terry when she thinks being a mean girl makes her one of the gang so they're not scoring any points here.

Between the nurses and Terry dumping on Britt and Laura dumping on Nik, it was a pretty unpleasant episode.

Also unpleasant was Nik' Spencer's girlfriend. Does he know that she's setting fire to Ava's car (which should come with jail time) or is she doing it on her own?

I am so bored with this Marriage of Convenience and everyone pretending it's a love match. More gaslighting.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Okay. is there not a medical term for "Locked In"?

Locked In Syndrome is the most common medical term. although it's also known as pseudocoma, cerebromedullospinal disconnection, de-efferented state, and ventral pontine syndrome. There are a number of causes, strokes and poisoning and traumatic brain injury among the more common.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But it didn’t bother Bobbie, so I couldn’t enjoy it.

Same here.  Bobbie is just fine with no matter how heinous her daughter is.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

And doing this because Ava didn't testify to get you a company that you all have anyway is so stupid. 

I think Spencer wanted Valentin to suffer especially because he considered him an interloper taking away the Cassadine ancestral home (which it wasn't). But Valentin didn't kill Nik after all so it's just so stupid at this point.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If Valentin knew, there is no way he would have kept quiet about it. Not when it happened at a time when Valentin was more of a full on Villain and there was no good relationship between him and Laura.

That makes me wish that Valentin had known.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I wish Spencer threw in Nik's face that he knew exactly how it felt to feel helpless because Valentin threatened him constantly and even attempted to murder him before Drew and Sonny stopped it. Laura made the decision to send him off to France to keep him safe from that. But I guess that would ruin the whitewashing rewrites of Valentin and Ava as victims GH is tryin to do. It's not just about the inheritance.

• Love 2

So Spencer's girlfriend is a bunny boiler. I hope she boils him but real good for misleading Trina like that and everything that he's done. The dress the gf was wearing looked like it was straight out of the Mary Kate and Ashley Olson collection, purse and jewelry included. 

I like how she stalked Eva all the way to the hospital, found a nurse's outfit, torched the car. Where did she get Kiki's badge from? Esme sure is a multi-tasker. 

Carly asking about the sort of marriage she and Jason will have. Woman, it's called a marriage of convenience. Separate bedrooms, no bedtime kisses and no nookie. And as a bonus, your youngest child gets to call him Jason and only Jason, not daddy.

I see we had an almost full table of Regina Georges. What's up with the bitchiness? I hate that sort of behavior so much. Britt did some pretty awful things back in the day, and she was hired by a mobster to run the hospital, but fucking hell, one is Jason's ex, the other one is Sonny's mother-in-law and soon to be Jason's with a mob moll for a daughter, the other one, her hot son was killed because he worked for Jason, but apparently the violent death of Epiphany's only child because of who he associated with is fine and dandy. I still can't believe that they replaced Stan by Spinelli. Table full of hypocrites. And shut up, Terri! Just go hang out with Willow, or something.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Okay - that was so freaking bitchy, all of those nurses needed to go kick a rock, and Terry is doing this "hey let's be all buddy buddy catch up", and doesn't invite Britt?  And Britt was trying to be a bigger person, and they were all being cows. I'm sorry, Terry that's bull. No you can't make people make Britt, but having a girls night out was your idea, and you excluded Britt. that's on you. When you saw her, you could have invited her. 

They were such assholes. I hate mean girl mob mentality. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

They were such assholes. I hate mean girl mob mentality. 

Honestly that that showed me why most of my best friends are boys, and also why I am a hermit 98% of the time. I would have lost my poop on them

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And when she cut Elizabeth’s hours, it was at Finn’s request/demand. T

No, that was a different time.  When Britt was first hired back, Cyrus had her get rid of Pif and downgrade Liz' hours because he wanted to push the drugs through the hospital and he didn't want the two top nurses getting wind of it. 

What you're thinking of is more recently, when Finn found out about the poison antidote and made a concoction out of it, the first time, and Liz was all, 'what the heck was that you injected into Chase', so Finn asked Britt to move Liz to a different floor so she woulnd't nose in his stuff.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But basically-None of them who were being catty-BOBBIE, EPIPHANY, ELIZABETH-have a leg to stand on

Pif and LIz have a leg to stand on.  I love Britt but she was wrong in getting rid of Pif and taking away Liz' hours, even if she was just doing Cyrus' bidding.  Bobbie on the other hand was fired for cause, by Cyrus before Britt even started, so blaming Britt was BS.  

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also unpleasant was Nik's girlfriend. Does he know that she's setting fire to Ava's car (which should come with jail time) or is she doing it on her own?

You meant Spencer yes?   Esmee told Spencer today, that she set fire to Ava's car, because she overheard NAva speaking, and that Nik thought Spencer was the stalker.  So by setting the fire while Spencer was at Wiindemere, it took the heat off of him, since everyone would assume that he wasn't responsible for any of it, since he couldn't have done the car.  Spencer seemed pissed that she would go to that extreme, but still went off with her.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Um, is anyone looking for Peter’s dead body that escaped from the basement at GH? Or did they just decide to forget about him and move on?

The same people who are looking for him are also looking into the "very specific boot print" that was found at the gallery, the night the stalker attacked it.  

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No, that was a different time.  When Britt was first hired back, Cyrus had her get rid of Pif and downgrade Liz' hours because he wanted to push the drugs through the hospital and he didn't want the two top nurses getting wind of it. 

What you're thinking of is more recently, when Finn found out about the poison antidote and made a concoction out of it, the first time, and Liz was all, 'what the heck was that you injected into Chase', so Finn asked Britt to move Liz to a different floor so she woulnd't nose in his stuff.  

Point. But I still maintain it wasn’t Britt’s fault because she was doing what her boss told her to do. So no. Neither of those two have a leg to stand on.

And like @Daisy, I’m glad 99% of my friends in school, college, and work were/are guys.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Pif and LIz have a leg to stand on.  I love Britt but she was wrong in getting rid of Pif and taking away Liz' hours, even if she was just doing Cyrus' bidding.  Bobbie on the other hand was fired for cause, by Cyrus before Britt even started, so blaming Britt was BS. 

Liz should not have got her hours cut, that was wrong. Isn't there a nurses' union at GH? But moving Epiphany to administration was a legitimate call for someone running the hospital. Just because Pip prefers patient work to administration doesn't mean that Britt is terrible for putting her in an admin position if she's needed there. That's the way a workplace goes. Contrary to what she believes, Epiphany isn't god.

Is Esmee now on staff at GH? She was wearing a nurse's uniform and walking the halls. Did she follow Ava from her gallery and steal a uniform?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's the way a workplace goes. Contrary to what she believes, Epiphany isn't god.

But wouldn't it be Pif's choice if she wanted to stop being bedside versus admin?  

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Esmee now on staff at GH?

I don't think she's an actual nurse.  I think she's the same age as Spencer, and grabbed a set of scrubs from somewhere so she could walk the halls and eavesdrop on people.  I'm just not sure how she managed to access the computer system to make a copy of Kiki's ID badge.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Liz should not have got her hours cut, that was wrong. Isn't there a nurses' union at GH? But moving Epiphany to administration was a legitimate call for someone running the hospital. Just because Pip prefers patient work to administration doesn't mean that Britt is terrible for putting her in an admin position if she's needed there. That's the way a workplace goes. Contrary to what she believes, Epiphany isn't god.

Is Esmee now on staff at GH? She was wearing a nurse's uniform and walking the halls. Did she follow Ava from her gallery and steal a uniform?

thanks for your information re: locked in syndrome. (I had meant to quote you but stuff got ahead of me) but yeah- my thing is - if Britt didn't fire Epiphany/reduce Liz's hrs, she would have lost her job. Like did she enjoy doing it, probably because those guys aren't close to begin with. But if Cyrus wasn't involved would she have done it? no. and the fact that these guys don't see it it's so dumb. 

And again (even though Terry finally stopped throwing it in her face) - yeah Cyrus hired Britt. but it didn't mean Britt was in bed with the guy with his shady dealings and quite frankly - even if she was. all of those people kiss the mob's butt anyway. so like. kick rocks. 

going on some comments on twitter people are really tired of the "so Jason is good mob, but Bad Mob is Bad Mob" angles. If you wanna be friends with Jason/Sonny/Carly, cool. but realize they aren't "good people" they threaten, destroy, murder people they feel they aren't worthy or a threat. Same with Cyrus, the Zaccaras, the Alcazars, the Jeromes, the Novaks or whomever they bring to town.. And unlike most of these people, when Britt saw that something illegal was being done. she did her best to stop it. most of those people at the table have no qualms doing illegal things "because it was right"

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

But wouldn't it be Pif's choice if she wanted to stop being bedside versus admin?  

that seems a bit complicated (to me). like. i think it would depend on how the hierarchy is. I would imagine it goes. Monica (boss) hires Britt/Terry (chief of staff), but I would have assumed there would be a Head Nurse. (who would probably answer to Britt/Terry). delegation you know and they were more of the admin-y too, and they take care of Nursing schedules, hirings, firing, etc, 

Piph (to me) seemed that she was the head nurse (and thus she would have to do admin work Anyway) but i guess not since she copped a fuss about having to do it. (which makes me wonder who IS doing it). 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No. But on this show? As Head Nurse, she probably gets to decide what she wants and doesn’t want to do.

Being demoted sure didn’t curb her insufferable arrogance.

God, I miss Jessi.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly asking about the sort of marriage she and Jason will have. Woman, it's called a marriage of convenience. Separate bedrooms, no bedtime kisses and no nookie. 

It might have been my wishful thinking but I saw that scene as Carly all but asking when she was going to get to boink him and Jason working very hard to put the idea fa-a-a-ar out of her head without being forced into directly saying, "No way, no how, not now, not ever."

And I will give LW credit for doing a good job with that scene today. 

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Esmee now on staff at GH? She was wearing a nurse's uniform and walking the halls. Did she follow Ava from her gallery and steal a

For a 19 year old girl she sure seemed to do a lot at the spur if the moment 

• Love 5

I will never understand Jaysus’ loyalty to Cujo. Is it because she was the first female he boinked as Jason Morgan? Because she hasn’t “ALWAYS” been loyal to him.

I still remember her accusing Jason of being abusive or some such when she ran to the Quartermaines with Baby Michael in tow and ended up marrying AJ for…reasons. That’s some real loyalty there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Carly asking about the sort of marriage she and Jason will have. Woman, it's called a marriage of convenience. Separate bedrooms, no bedtime kisses and no nookie. And as a bonus, your youngest child gets to call him Jason and only Jason, not daddy.

Man, she is laying it on thick.  You know they're going to be married 14 seconds before she knocks on his bedroom door in a cheesy white satin negligee.  Also, if it's SO fucking urgent to get married, go to City Hall tomorrow.  A month from now doesn't scream asap.

I see we had an almost full table of Regina Georges. What's up with the bitchiness? I hate that sort of behavior so much. Britt did some pretty awful things back in the day, and she was hired by a mobster to run the hospital, but fucking hell, one is Jason's ex, the other one is Sonny's mother-in-law and soon to be Jason's with a mob moll for a daughter, the other one, her hot son was killed because he worked for Jason, but apparently the violent death of Epiphany's only child because of who he associated with is fine and dandy.

That was one big table of SUCK today--save for Amy and the-nurse-whose-name-I-can-never-remember (edit: is it Cindy?).  Epiphany is a bully, always has been, and Bobbie will break the law without a thought if her daughter asks her to, so they can go fuck themselves.  Elizabeth joined in, too, which isn't surprising (she looked great, though).  And, Terry Terry Terry, NOT a good look to be seen buddying up to your staff while your co-COS is left out in the cold. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And apparently had time to stop at Kinko's to recreate Kiki's ID badge.  Good thing she's a devoted girlfriend and no doubt had researched Ava's past--and what she might be able to use against her--just in case ~Spence needed help.  She's a real keeper!

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, if it's SO fucking urgent to get married, go to City Hall tomorrow.  A month from now doesn't scream asap.

Ms. Woo: being engaged means crap
Ms. Woo: she can still go to the feds
Ms. Woo: we'll eliminate her if you aren't married
Jason: we need to get married quickly
Carly: So Sept 17th work for you?
Jason: yeup!

geeze. Ms Woo, put us out of our misery and take them both out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That was one big table of SUCK today--save for Amy and the-nurse-whose-name-I-can-never-remember (edit: is it Cindy?).  Epiphany is a bully, always has been, and Bobbie will break the law without a thought if her daughter asks her to, so they can go fuck themselves.  Elizabeth joined in, too, which isn't surprising (she looked great, though).  And, Terry Terry Terry, NOT a good look to be seen buddying up to your staff while your co-COS is left out in the cold. 

WORD!

Yes It Is GIF

And Terry better learn now that she is now her “Biz’s” BOSS, along with all of them  and not a colleague-so she better know to treat them aa such. This is how it works. Oh what am I saying? Of course she’ll let Epiphany do whatever the hell she wants, just as Monica did when she was Chief. Nothing will change except when Britt says something, they’ll go running to Terry, like the brats they all are.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

Laura has so many issues w/the way the son she abandoned as a child is raising his kid, but what about her mothering? girlfriend. She seems a bit unhinged. I could see her hurting someone for him. This is going to be interesting.

Not to mention she might want to try some of this lecturing on her other son, who has completely abandoned all of his children? I remain bitter about how they destroyed Lucky offscreen. 

Parenting by terrorizing your child is bananas, but in this town no one has room to lecture anyone else. Of course Nikolas should be, I don’t know, getting his kid some therapy and cutting off his funds if he really thought he was the stalker. But Laura really needs to back off. 

I still love Spencer though and I just pray this show has it in them to make him interesting and complex and show that he’s broken and let him grow. I know that rarely happens but he’s not in the Corinthos vortex of suck so I’m hoping. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, racked said:

I still love Spencer though and I just pray this show has it in them to make him interesting and complex and show that he’s broken and let him grow. I know that rarely happens but he’s not in the Corinthos vortex of suck so I’m hoping. 

Me, too.  Now that it's clear he IS the stalker--and doesn't seem to mind that Crazy Girlfriend is helping him--and he's still acting the victim, he's got an uphill battle, but I'm interested to see if they do something worthwhile here. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

@racked and @Cheyanne11 - I agree w/you both. I still like Spencer too. That said, I no longer have the same sympathy I had for him earlier this week. I never expected him to tell the truth immediately, but he really played up the "victim card" knowing he did EXACTLY what his dad accused him of doing. It's just hard - for me at least - to maintain my sympathy. He will deserve the comeuppance he gets when all is revealed. That said, I do think he has legit complaints re: Nikolas (who I also love), so I also hope they keep his motivations complex. I'm angry at him right now b/c the blowback against Nik - esp from Laura - is too much, but I do still like him. 

As y'all said, Spencer is interesting and flawed, and that's fine w/me. That's how I prefer my characters honestly. I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoyed TC's Nik's swing to the bad side. It was the most interesting I had found him in years so I'm not opposed to characters doing bad things; I'm opposed to the "special treatment" the Corinthos clan and those adjacent to them get by the writers. That's what bothers me. I don't care that their mobsters; I care that the town upholds them as model, great citizens when they are anything but and then trash ppl like Nikolas, Brad and Julian! The bias is too much!  

I think Esme is going to go unhinged and do some really crazy stuff, and I don't think Spencer will be able to handle it. 

And thank you @racked for mentioning Lucky! Laura has all this criticism for Nikolas but we know she's not critiquing her deadbeat son, Lucky for abandoning his children!! I loved GV's Lucky, and I loved how much he loved his kids even though - at the time - none were biologically his. And I hate how JJ's return ruined all of that. It's a shame Lucky's a deadbeat now, but we don't hear about Laura lecturing him. She saves all her judgmental, obnoxious lectures for poor Nikolas! 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I loved GV's Lucky

me too. he was my lucky - and i hated how they dumped him for JJ and JJ seemed to be in and out. I know most people got ticked that he was part of the Keystone Cops,  but he was awesome. (and then they just trashed him here and forever on the alter of Jason - and then they trashed his character completely by making him a deadbeat)

48 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Terry better learn now that she is now her “Biz’s” BOSS, along with all of them  and not a colleague-so she better know to treat them aa such. This is how it works. Oh what am I saying? Of course she’ll let Epiphany do whatever the hell she wants, just as Monica did when she was Chief. Nothing will change except when Britt says something, they’ll go running to Terry, like the brats they all are

Pretty much. my co-worker friend got promoted to a position to where she is now my boss, and i basically told her you realize our work relationship is basically over now. there is a line, i'm here, and you are there. you can call me friend but if i complain about higher management, quite frankly, i don't know if you'd keep that between us as friends, or if it will even unintentionally talk about it. I don't really think it's realistic that they'd all be super comfortable shooting back with their boss

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, racked said:

I still love Spencer though and I just pray this show has it in them to make him interesting and complex and show that he’s broken and let him grow. I know that ra..rely happens but he’s not in the Corinthos vortex of suck so I’m hoping

I have higher hopes for this than I normally would; because I do think that Spencer's reintroduction storyline has actually been pretty well-written especially compared to so many of the current and recent ones.  And I still find myself weirdly invested in Spencer and Trina, which I think has been particularly well-developed so far (especially for a teen romance).

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I don't really think it's realistic that they'd all be super comfortable shooting back with their boss

I don’t get the impression that Terry thinks of herself as their boss. And they certainly don’t think of her that way. I know one of them (Liz?) said something about how nice it will be having a boss who’s liked or who they like. But liking a boss and being FRIENDS with a boss are two very different things. You can certainly be friendLY. And you can even go out for drinks sometimes. But you keep your complains and your gossip to yourself.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Laura has all this criticism for Nikolas but we know she's not critiquing her deadbeat son, Lucky for abandoning his children!! I loved GV's Lucky, and I loved how much he loved his kids even though - at the time - none were biologically his. And I hate how JJ's return ruined all of that.

I don’t blame Jonathan for Guza firing Greg. He had nothing to do with that. I was beyond ecstatic to learn that Jonathan was coming back. With him back, we got smart Lucky back; the one who was tech savvy and not the Neanderthal Lucky that was played by Vaughn.

If they hadn’t had Jonathan’s Lucky damn well crying constantly, he may have remained longer. Who knows? I blame the show, its many writers for turning him into a deadbeat dad. A few lines here and there would have prevented that. Though most recently, there was dialogue that Aidan was visiting Lucky, right?

All I know is the last time Jonathan showed up to save the now alive Jake (🙄🙄🙄🙄), those scenes with him and Becky showed that the chemistry with these two was still there and it crackled. At least for me.

Aa for Spencer, I’ve hated that little piece of 💩 ever since Nicholas played him, the antics and stunts he pulled as a middle schooler and tween to the now more creepy, immature, and dangerous threats. What’s to like? He hasn’t paid or been found out for fixing the Mayoral election. I have no faith that he’ll face any comeuppance for the stalking. In the end, Esme the Scarecrow will be blamed for all.

• Love 2