Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Have to agree with the many other posters upset with Laura’s reaction. also liked Nik pointing out that Cyrus’s mother was kidnapped and being held hostage by Jason and Carly. I do wish Nik would point out that he has managed to forgive her for all the trauma she caused him even after he came back into her life. I mean at least Nik pretended to be dead after someone tried to kill him not like Laura who let Nik think she died while trying to put the blame on Stefan. Or there was the fact that she choose to stay away from her son again rather than let Luke find out that she had slept with Stefan and that he could have been Nik’s real father. 

I think Esme isn’t just randomly crazy. I think she may be using Spencer as a way in so that she can go after Ava. Granted her hair is long and straight and not as glorious, but maybe she could be the given up for adoption daughter of Connie Falconeri/Kate Howard.  Or some other person that Ava harmed in her past. 

Regarding CM debut as Drew. Really liked BM as Drew but not hating CM here. Watched him on AMC. He wasn’t always bad and had moments when I really liked him as Ryan so hoping he can come through as Drew. 

Also wanting to jump in on how much I hate what they have done with Lucky. I started watching when he first came on and I was about the same age as him. I liked all three versions of Lucky. I thought GV’s Lucky was more Laura’s son who seemed more heart and of course the writing didn’t really let him be competent. JJ’s Lucky was more Luke’s son when he came back where I thought in his first run he was a good mixture of both. I really hated the show passing on a pairing of Lucky/Claire so that she could get ruined by Sonny and basically written out within a few months and Lucky could go on his Irish adventure. 

• Love 6

Laura can shut up anytime. She's all team mob Carly and doesn't say anything against it. But she'll lecture Nik on being a Cassadine.

So the lurking hospital nurse is Spencer's girlfriend. So he's still the stalker and she's helping.

I could do without the catty nurses acting like highschool.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t blame Jonathan for Guza firing Greg. He had nothing to do with that. I was beyond ecstatic to learn that Jonathan was coming back. With him back, we got smart Lucky back; the one who was tech savvy and not the Neanderthal Lucky that was played by Vaughn.

If they hadn’t had Jonathan’s Lucky damn well crying constantly, he may have remained longer. Who knows? I blame the show, its many writers for turning him into a deadbeat dad. A few lines here and there would have prevented that. Though most recently, there was dialogue that Aidan was visiting Lucky, right?

All I know is the last time Jonathan showed up to save the now alive Jake (🙄🙄🙄🙄), those scenes with him and Becky showed that the chemistry with these two was still there and it crackled. At least for me.

I adore JJ’s Lucky so I am completely biased but I definitely agree. He gave an interview after he left where he said he had told  them he was coming back to have Lucky be with Liz, that he just wanted to work with Becky and that their chemistry was enough to support a storyline without the craziness they wrote instead. It’s not surprising that he left so soon after they attempted to fire her. I don’t think it was his fault the show decided to make Lucky a complete deadbeat, they could do more with him even offscreen. 

All of which is why I probably shouldn’t get my hopes up that they do anything good with Spencer. Right now I like him solely based on the actor and his chemistry with Trina. But soaps have taken characters like this and made them fascinating (GL’s Jonathan comes to mind) and I’m a sucker so I’m going to have to see it play out even though I did NOT appreciate him today. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Laura’s reaction. also liked Nik pointing out that Cyrus’s mother was kidnapped and being held hostage by Jason and Carly.

She actually said "you used a fragile old woman to get what you want" as if that's not the exact reason Carly kidnapped her in the first place.  Do better, Laura.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She actually said "you used a fragile old woman to get what you want" as if that's not the exact reason Carly kidnapped her in the first place.  Do better, Laura.

gus GIF

And since Show has decided that Laura also has a “dark side”, then Nik acting the way he has can be laid at her feet as well.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

that was the line that made me so  mad. and then "She was safe with Carly and Jason." yeah. she was also safe in her original home, where her son could feed her hummingbird cake and chat with her. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

But wouldn't it be Pif's choice if she wanted to stop being bedside versus admin? 

Nurses get hired by the hospital and they go where they are assigned. Some areas need specialized training like OR or pediatric nurses but as long as the nurse is trained in the area, they go where they are told. You can request but the final decision is not yours.

The irony is that to be in administration requires higher degrees and abilities so moving Pip into administration was actually a promotion for her.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Piph (to me) seemed that she was the head nurse (and thus she would have to do admin work Anyway) but i guess not since she copped a fuss about having to do it. (which makes me wonder who IS doing it). 

They told us a few times that Epiphany was the head nurse. In my youth I had a job in an ER and the head nurse spent almost all of her time doing administration, making sure that staffing was adequate, begging the floors to take patients so they could move out of the hallways, fighting with doctors who were abusing their privileges. The only time she had hands on patient care was if there was a staffing shortage. So as Head Nurse, Pip should be spending most of her time doing administrative work.

52 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But liking a boss and being FRIENDS with a boss are two very different things. You can certainly be friendly. And you can even go out for drinks sometimes. But you keep your complains and your gossip to yourself.

Yeah, trying to be best buds was a big mistake on Terry's  part. But she's inexperienced and that's why Monica insisted that Britt had to accept the offer too.

Ironic that the two most junior nurses, Amy II and her friend, understand best.

And I wanted to smack Epiphany across the room when she said "I heard that Britt helped Jason but I assumed that it was exaggerated."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Laura can shut up anytime. She's all team mob Carly and doesn't say anything against it. But she'll lecture Nik on being a Cassadine.

This is what I cannot get past. I left the show for decades so I don't understand how Laura became friends with Sonny?!

Laura (who I normally love) needs to STFU. Sure Nik did a stupid thing. But she supports actual mobsters and thinks that Martin's mother was better off being kidnapped?

She supports that over anything that her son has done. She has become too sanctimonious. She has her own bad deeds to account for.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bannana said:

This is what I cannot get past. I left the show for decades so I don't understand how Laura became friends with Sonny?!

Laura (who I normally love) needs to STFU. Sure Nik did a stupid thing. But she supports actual mobsters and thinks that Martin's mother was better off being kidnapped?

She supports that over anything that her son has done. She has become too sanctimonious. She has her own bad deeds to account for.

I feel like they are too heavy handed with Laura giving Nikolas tough love. Especially with this Nikolas. GF does well with these big scenes but it comes off as a hallow to me because there’s no balance with the more loving moments. Nikolas already didn’t grow up with Laura and has his own abandonment issues there and even when he arrived in PC, Stefan remained his sole caregiver and he was just getting to know Laura.

I wish they had a dynamic more similar to Alexis and Nikolas. She can get angry at him too like in their last scene but there’s counterpoint moments like with Alexis being grateful for what he did for her with Cyrus and being genuinely happy when they found out he was alive when everyone else was upset with him.  

• Love 11

So in the brief time we’ve known her, Esmee has successfully masqueraded as a nurse, accessed the GH computers, recreated Kiki’s ID badge, and set fire to Ava’s car. I gotta hand it to the girl. She has SKILLZ. The Corinthos Organization (or is it The Morgan Organization now?) really ought to snap her up and put those talents to use. She blows Brick out of the water. 

And her odd remark about Ava deserving to suffer because Nick chose her over Spencer doesn’t bode well for Trina. We all know Spencer is going to choose Trina over Esmee. 

On other fronts, Britt is fast becoming one of my favorite characters. I felt really sorry for her at the GNO. Sure she’s done some bitchy things, but so has almost everyone at that table. (With the possible exception of Deanna.) I wish Terry would stop schooling her in that patient condescending voice. It’s irritating. Frankly, the “girls” missed a great opportunity because in addition to being gorgeous and smart, Britt happens to be a hoot. She’s definitely the one I’d want to hang out with in that group. 

Edited by BlueberryJane23
  • Love 20

When I saw Britt chugging back those shots, I thought she and Ava would make good friends. Hated by most of the town, they both despise Carly, and they can hold their alcohol. Then I remembered that Britt used to be with Nik, and figured that could be kind of awkward.

Ava's friendship with Portia though is a million times better than hers with Nina. I'll never accept it. I still hate it. I also think that if Michelle Stafford were still in the role, it never would have happened. Cynthia Watros has this innocent expression about her all the time. And yes, she used to play psycho on GL, but she never has here. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

I wish Terry would stop schooling her in that patient condescending voice. It’s irritating. Frankly, the “girls” missed a great opportunity because in addition to being gorgeous and smart, Britt happens to be a hoot. She’s definitely the one I’d want to hang out with in that group. 

Except Britt did need some hard truths. She did treat people badly, and she can't expect them to think she's changed just because she says she has. Apologizing to Pip and sending over a round of shots was a good first effort, but she has to show them at work that she supports them.

I hated everyone going Mean Girls on Britt, but the underlying reasons were solid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Except Britt did need some hard truths. She did treat people badly, and she can't expect them to think she's changed just because she says she has. Apologizing to Pip and sending over a round of shots was a good first effort, but she has to show them at work that she supports them.

I hated everyone going Mean Girls on Britt, but the underlying reasons were solid.

It wasn't the message, it was the delivery for me.  The whole "you can't sit with us" high school vibe was petty.  The giggling and saying out loud "can you believe her?" after she came over to their table was cruel.  At the end of the day, they have to work together and while, yes, Britt needs to make amends, they can't go around being brats to their superior.  In a real work environment (I know, haha) that wouldn't fly.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 18

Here's my unpopular opinion: The nurses did nothing wrong. Ducking now . . . 

Why would Britt think they would want her to sit w/them? This wasn't a work event. It was an after hours social event. IMO, they're under no obligation to suck up to Britt after work too. Granted, not being nice to superiors could impact promotions, etc., but I don't think they will, or should, be fired b/c they didn't want Britt sitting w/them at a completely unrelated social event.

I like Britt. I always have. I esp liked her w/Patrick and w/Nikolas and love her friendship w/Brad. I'm not enjoying her recent Jason fascination, but I like Britt. That said, she knows those ppl are not her friends. She has never been friendly to any of them or sought out their friendship EVER. To me, it's not important who was first rude/mean to whom. At the end of the day, most of those women don't like Britt and Britt didn't (at one time) like them either soooooo . . . . . I'm at a loss as to why she would think they would invite her or want to hang out w/her, and why them not wanting to hang out w/Britt is a bad/mean thing? Again, I love Britt but if she saw all them at a table and tried to sit down w/them, I'm not at all shocked or surprised that they gave her the side eye or asked her to leave. Of course they did. Why wouldn't they? Britt is not a friend. 

Britt went for years w/o being friends w/any of those ppl, so why does she care now? And if she does care and want them to like her or want to be on more friendly terms w/all of them, then, I'm sorry, I think Terry gave her good advice. I still haven't gone back to watch all those GNO scenes, but I did see the Terry/Britt part, and I thought it was fine. Everything Terry said made sense to me. And I love Britt. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2021 at 4:46 AM, Asp Burger said:

Honestly, I thought Monaco seemed tired, bored, and poorly audible when she was paired with Billy Miller too. And the two of them together were a lot of muttering in one place. 

Yes, and Dante is also a world class mumbler. I wonder if it’s in Kelly’s contract that she can’t be paired with someone who enunciates better than her. Next boyfriend: Moss!

2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

When I saw Britt chugging back those shots, I thought she and Ava would make good friends. Hated by most of the town, they both despise Carly, and they can hold their alcohol. Then I remembered that Britt used to be with Nik, and figured that could be kind of awkward.

Except on this show, it’s pretty difficult for two women to have a past that doesn’t include at least one shared mate. Carly and Sam share three! (Sonny, Jax, Jason). But maybe that’s part of the reason the female friendships are so rare. (BTW, I also would love to see more Ava/ Britt scenes. But they are my favorites, so I’m sure it won’t happen.)

I haven’t seen Thursday’s episode, but I don’t like what I’m reading about Terry. I was glad to see her getting a larger role on the show, but not if they’re just going to make her the resident catty gossip. We don’t need another Amy.

Did anyone else hear the Australian accent on Drew’s guard and wonder if Jerry Jax is involved somehow?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

This is super easy to explain: because everyone has to worship at Sonny's feet and ignore the whole mobster thing. Oh and the other hard and fast rule of this show is Sonny, Jason and Carly always win. Always.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Here's my unpopular opinion: The nurses did nothing wrong. Ducking now . . . 

Why would Britt think they would want her to sit w/them? This wasn't a work event. It was an after hours social event. IMO, they're under no obligation to suck up to Britt after work too. Granted, not being nice to superiors could impact promotions, etc., but I don't think they will, or should, be fired b/c they didn't want Britt sitting w/them at a completely unrelated social event.

I like Britt. I always have. I esp liked her w/Patrick and w/Nikolas and love her friendship w/Brad. I'm not enjoying her recent Jason fascination, but I like Britt. That said, she knows those ppl are not her friends. She has never been friendly to any of them or sought out their friendship EVER. To me, it's not important who was first rude/mean to whom. At the end of the day, most of those women don't like Britt and Britt didn't (at one time) like them either soooooo . . . . . I'm at a loss as to why she would think they would invite her or want to hang out w/her, and why them not wanting to hang out w/Britt is a bad/mean thing? Again, I love Britt but if she saw all them at a table and tried to sit down w/them, I'm not at all shocked or surprised that they gave her the side eye or asked her to leave. Of course they did. Why wouldn't they? Britt is not a friend. 

Britt went for years w/o being friends w/any of those ppl, so why does she care now? And if she does care and want them to like her or want to be on more friendly terms w/all of them, then, I'm sorry, I think Terry gave her good advice. I still haven't gone back to watch all those GNO scenes, but I did see the Terry/Britt part, and I thought it was fine. Everything Terry said made sense to me. And I love Britt. 

and that's fine if they don't want to invite her over. that wasn't my issue. 
here were mine

1: This was Terry's idea. Thus it was some sort of get together or something with senior members of the hospital to kick back. Terry and Britt are basically now (workingly) joined at the hip. if all the senior members are included why didn't Terry offer anything?

2: you can not want people to join you but you don't have to be such a cow over it. "It's Nurse Bobbi's last name to you." "Bitch comment, bitch comment, bitchy comment," (leaning over and giggling and whatever so she could still hear." it just rubbed me the wrong way and it just seemed so childish. I'm fine with wanting to draw a line in the sand and be all "oh we're not that close you can use my name." (I have a name that most people call me by my nickname, but if someone new joins up and does it, i politely correct them and tell them my fullname, showing that it's only for friends, family until we're close enough that you can use it). I've also let people know that they aren't really ... wanted (for lack of a better word) but again i'd have been more polite vs. gigglly and snotty about it.

most of the issues stemmed from Britt's job executions on Piph and Liz but like we said those came from Cyrus and them judging her for working for a Mob, when most of them are BFFS with the mob just ... it's so hypocritical. if it was based on her previous - non Cyrus actions then that's fine. but it didn't seem like it was. 

3: she didn't try to sit down with them. she was just chatting and saying hello. I think no matter how much you don't like someone, you can fake a Nice hello, "hope you are good., bye" vs giving dirty stinky eyes. 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

here were mine

1: This was Terry's idea. Thus it was some sort of get together or something with senior members of the hospital to kick back. Terry and Britt are basically now (workingly) joined at the hip. if all the senior members are included why didn't Terry offer anything?

2: you can not want people to join you but you don't have to be such a cow over it. "It's Nurse Bobbi's last name to you." "Bitch comment, bitch comment, bitchy comment," (leaning over and giggling and whatever so she could still hear." it just rubbed me the wrong way and it just seemed so childish. I'm fine with wanting to draw a line in the sand and be all "oh we're not that close you can use my name." (I have a name that most people call me by my nickname, but if someone new joins up and does it, i politely correct them and tell them my fullname, showing that it's only for friends, family until we're close enough that you can use it). I've also let people know that they aren't really ... wanted (for lack of a better word) but again i'd have been more polite vs. gigglly and snotty about it.

most of the issues stemmed from Britt's job executions on Piph and Liz but like we said those came from Cyrus and them judging her for working for a Mob, when most of them are BFFS with the mob just ... it's so hypocritical. if it was based on her previous - non Cyrus actions then that's fine. but it didn't seem like it was. 

3: she didn't try to sit down with them. she was just chatting and saying hello. I think no matter how much you don't like someone, you can fake a Nice hello, "hope you are good., bye" vs giving dirty stinky eyes. 

I completely agree that they should have said hello to her. There's no reason to not be civil. I hate the very sight of Bobbie. She annoys me as much as her daughter, and she should remain fired (IMO) for what she did to Nelle. From what I was reading, it sounded like Britt tried to sit w/them. I haven't had a chance to go back and re-watch those scenes so I wasn't sure what happened. But if she just said hello, then they were being bitchy to just be bitchy. I get it. 

Re: the Epiphany and Liz demotions (or whatever) - Even though Cyrus asked Britt to do that, Britt relished in doing it. We can't deny that. Liz and Epiphany knew that too. It's not like she said, "Hey, my boss is requiring this change. If you have an issue, take it up w/him." I know nothing about the command structure of a hospital, but I would think Liz and Epiphany could have tried to go above Britt to make a complaint. 

Re: Terry not inviting her - I think that's fine. Forget the group - why would Terry think Britt would even want to hang out w/them socially? As far as Terry knows, Britt doesn't like any of them either. 

Anyway, that's JMO. I suspect Terry and Britt will become friends, and that Britt will be friendlier w/most of the ppl on the show. That's where things seem to be headed anyway. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I completely agree that they should have said hello to her. There's no reason to not be civil. I hate the very sight of Bobbie. She annoys me as much as her daughter, and she should remain fired (IMO) for what she did to Nelle. From what I was reading, it sounded like Britt tried to sit w/them. I haven't had a chance to go back and re-watch those scenes so I wasn't sure what happened. But if she just said hello, then they were being bitchy to just be bitchy. I get it. 

Re: the Epiphany and Liz demotions (or whatever) - Even though Cyrus asked Britt to do that, Britt relished in doing it. We can't deny that. Liz and Epiphany knew that too. It's not like she said, "Hey, my boss is requiring this change. If you have an issue, take it up w/him." I know nothing about the command structure of a hospital, but I would think Liz and Epiphany could have tried to go above Britt to make a complaint. 

Re: Terry not inviting her - I think that's fine. Forget the group - why would Terry think Britt would even want to hang out w/them socially? As far as Terry knows, Britt doesn't like any of them either. 

Anyway, that's JMO. I suspect Terry and Britt will become friends, and that Britt will be friendlier w/most of the ppl on the show. That's where things seem to be headed anyway. 

This wasn’t a social gathering of just friends/colleagues. Elizabeth pointed out that it was sooooo nice that Terry set it up to show how a boss can treat employees as humans or something along those lines in a very catty way. Britt was not asking if she could join them. And since Terry set it up, she absolutely could have extended an invite to Britt to join them. 

Terry isn’t their buddy anymore. And there was no need for Elizabeth, Bobbie, and Epiphany to act the way they did. As I posted up thread. Those three are also Mooby and Jason mob apologists.

And Cyrus didn’t ask Britt-he ordered her to do the things she did. With him being chairman, just who could they have complained to about the cut in hours?

• Love 10

She could have, but I really don't see any reason why she had to. As far as Terry knows, Britt doesn't like any of the ppl at the table, including Terry herself so I'm just not seeing why Terry would have included her in the invite. I also think it's fine for Terry to do things for the nurses on her own.  They are not joined at the hip simply b/c they are co-COS. If Britt wanted to invite some of those same nurses to lunch w/o Terry, then that would be fine too. 

I've managed to maintain real, genuine friendships w/the ppl I supervise so I'm not of the opinion that Terry cannot be friends w/these ppl anymore. 

Anyway, that's JMO. We can agree to disagree.  

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

She could have, but I really don't see any reason why she had to. As far as Terry knows, Britt doesn't like any of the ppl at the table, including Terry herself so I'm just not seeing why Terry would have included her in the invite. I also think it's fine for Terry to do things for the nurses on her own.  They are not joined at the hip simply b/c they are co-COS. If Britt wanted to invite some of those same nurses to lunch w/o Terry, then that's her business. 

I've managed to maintain real, genuine friendships w/the ppl I supervise so I'm not of the opinion that Terry cannot be friends w/these ppl anymore. 

Anyway, that's JMO. We can agree to disagree.  

I think again it was just more of the optics. All of those guys were senior people, and Terry invited them as the boss. why not bring the Co BOSS with you. Let Britt say no. Maybe it would have been awkward. But maybe Britt says sure, and then she can apologise etc (if she felt too). I just know if I was part of senior staff and everyone was invited minus me (irregardless if they liked me, or i liked them)  I would feel really excluded and put out. 

This seemed like a work -get together. not a BFF friend get together (that's the only reason why i was Team Britt here). if it was strictly friends hanging out and Terry happened to be there, then yah sure. maybe  bit of a freeze out. (but they still coulda been nicer about it)

I think it's totally cool that you are friends with the people you supervise (and we see on the show there are really no boundaries like that - like i posted before i personally put a boundary in place simply because i think that's just best for my professional safety but i've beeen seriously hurt/betrayed at work before so it's needed). so i don't have a Problem with them still being bffs with Terry (will be interesting to see how that plays forward). and Britt is more of a harder-butt in general at work. but yah. since this was a worky thing... to me it just wasn't cool at all.  

• Love 4

Did SWSNBN leave a trust fund for Spencer?  Because I can't see him flouncing if Nik is his only source of money.  It's similar to Alexis's younger daughters, who expected their credit card bills paid, but treated her like dirt.

• Love 1

Joss's shorts remind me of a pair of pants I had as a kid that had red, white, blue, and patterned panels. I felt very groovy.

LOL at all the talk about how busy the Tan-O was.

Sure Jan GIF

"Do her parents know about these plans?" Laura, the more pertinent question is does Esmé know about these plans? Methinks she won't take kindly to being shunted off to some single room somewhere.

6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Did SWSNBN leave a trust fund for Spencer?  Because I can't see him flouncing if Nik is his only source of money. 

As far as I know, Cassadine money is the only money Spence has.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Did SWSNBN leave a trust fund for Spencer?  Because I can't see him flouncing if Nik is his only source of money.  It's similar to Alexis's younger daughters, who expected their credit card bills paid, but treated her like dirt.

I thought that money she received from saving that dog (who really saved himself) went to starting a charity. I don’t think she had other money unless she got a settlement from one of her many divorces. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm all in for a bitch vs bitch match.

Esme vs Joss with two s's

My money is on Joss no doubt

I love how joss turned up the bitch meter in a flash

As Carly's daughter and raised with Sonny girl can be a brat but I love seeing her take no shit from some "random"

Edited by seasons
  • Love 7

Even if Spencer inherited money from his mother, if it's in a trust fund Nik would be the one controlling it. I hope Laura doesn't guilt Nik into giving Spencer money to live on.

Spencer has lost all the points he gained over the past week. What did he think was going to happen when Esmee showed up? She's bunny boiler material.

This is the first time I've seen a use for Josslyn. But will her inner bitch hang around long enough to take Esmee down or will she just get bored and move on?

I loved seeing Chase put the screws to Willow. Poor baby Willow, running to Michael because she can't take the truth.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This seemed like a work -get together. not a BFF friend get together (that's the only reason why i was Team Britt here). if it was strictly friends hanging out and Terry happened to be there, then yah sure. maybe  bit of a freeze out. (but they still coulda been nicer about it)

That is the crux of it for me -- it was a work get-together that Terry arranged to show what a nice person she is. Without this, I doubt that Bobbie would be hanging out with Amy and Deanna and Liz.  It also puts a lie to Terry saying that it wasn't her place to invite Britt to join them because it absolutely was since she organized it.

When it's a work thing, there are always a few people there aren't universally liked because everyone gets invited. In this case, it would have been Britt. Suck it up, mean girls.

• Love 15

Since I missed the deep dive earlier on Britt vs. Mean Girls - 

The bottom line although she needed to hear some of it, the nurses were 1) childish and 2) unprofessional. And I realize that they aren't at work, but this is a superior. You just don't do that. Not if you want to keep your job anyway.

Obviously didn't get to see all of today with the pre-emption, but loved the soapiness of what we did get to see. Chase coming back in and seeing BL in the chair was LIFE! And Maxie showing up at the Nixon Falls 1 customer bar. Wait, is she their only customer? It didn't hit me right away but someone pointed out that now they both have something on the other. It was all just delightfully soapy and I was thrilled. 

"Spence" is the new "Mikey". I cringe every time I hear it. And Esme is beyond disturbed, you can tell. Not sure if she's going to try and take out Ava or Trina, or both. And I mean, she wants them dead. She's being all sweetness now, but there is evil in her.

LMAO at her sightseeing in Port Charles. "So here's where they dump the bodies into the harbor..."

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am just amazed that Phyllis has zero friends and family.

Who were those yahoos at that barbecue where Jax got shot? Fellow merchants? And she has no friends from work?

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She has Mike. Who else does she need?

😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Did anyone else hear the Australian accent on Drew’s guard and wonder if Jerry Jax is involved somehow?

Yes, we need another Aussie, too.  Jax has lost his accent.  Jerry's wasn't real.   Love hearing that accent.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

here were mine

Yes, I thought it strange that if they are Co-chiefs, then it is odd to have one invite everyone out and not ask the other or not have the whole thing start with both of them.  And when they ran into her, being bitchy was dumb - nobody would do that, even if they felt that way - it could still have repercussions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Yes, we need another Aussie, too.  Jax has lost his accent.  Jerry's wasn't real.   Love hearing that accent

Hey! We have one! He’s had it all his life and never lost it!

I am, of course, talking about Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

As much as I cant stand Joss, i do appreciate that she always has Trina's back.

I also kind hope they combine Chase and BLQ secrets and it all explodes at the same time...or i just want more BLQ/Chase scenes and less Wilting Willow and Vanilla Michael.

• Love 9

i had to find another way to watch the episode because my network website isn't working again and this time it just refused to work. 

Loved: Joss's shorts, (would have worked better I think with a white top). Trina's clothing
Chase - pointed barbs. Willow catching Chase. (Why didn't he just roll himself there, but whatever- it ended up with a great Friday cliffhanger). Okay whatever. "Edward was gonna include Jimmy Lee" drama over, move on.

Kinda Cute: Anna + "Marty"

Over: Spencer's indignant behaviour... when he is guilty. he has the right to be pissed about the stabbing, but dude. stop. Also Laura's stupidity. And "Spence" (I nickname almost everyone, but "Spence" drives me nuts. Chase still loves Willow

Wanna Slap: Willow's obvious side stepping. (I know! me too!!. you are doing him zero favours) and lies. Chase is giving you all the openings and you keep failing

Couldn't give 2 poops about: Nixon Fails.  Carly's crap

Kinda Freaks me Out: Esme

• Love 4

I don’t think the actress who plays Terry is a very good one. She’s very monotone with little expression in her voice or on her face. I understand that she’s a trans person but that shouldn’t mean that she doesn’t have any acting talent.

• Love 2

Why were Sonny and Nina going through Lenny's things?  They barely know the guy but they're snooping through his stuff.  

Colour me shocked that it was Maxie at The Tano.  I thought for sure KSt was out for longer.  Nina looked like she was going to pee her pants.

BLQ and Chase, nice cliffhanger with her finding the empty chair and him finding her sitting in it.  

Esmee is going to be boiling bunnies by the end of next week.  Spencer did not look amused that she was infiltrating the teen group.  

So Marting showing up at Laura's with his panties in a bunch probably means that Cyrus has escaped and that will be GF's story to leave for a month.  

• Love 5

AS IF the Five Families are expecting some sort of Wedding of the Year for Carly and Jason.  This is so much bullshit.  And Michael stoking Carly's fire that Jason might actually fall for her.

Theoretically I'm glad Joss wasn't falling for Esme's crap, but Eden McCoy's delivery of *every* line she says has that same know-it-all quality that it's hard to get behind anything she says.

Oh, look, The Tan-O is closed.  Again.  What will ~all their customers do?  /sarcasm

Spencer still acting like the injured party is not a good look.  I'm guessing he's going to have to end up saving Ava (or Trina or someone) from Esme to get his redemption. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly's fire that Jason might actually fall for her.

Well it could happen. 
if we had a nuclear winter and Carly was legitimately the last woman on the planet. 

Oh, look, The Tan-O is closed.  Again.

I am shocked, shocked that they were struggling to get money. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Why were Sonny and Nina going through Lenny's things?  They barely know the guy but they're snooping through his stuff. 

Of course it was Sonny putting things to rights. As Nina said, Phyllis would have been lost without him holding her hand because Nina herself couldn't have done it.🤮

Sonny remembering a blonde woman and Nina still doesn't tell him. Nixon Falls is destroying her brain cells.

Spencer still acting like the injured party is not a good look.  I'm guessing he's going to have to end up saving Ava (or Trina or someone) from Esme to get his redemption. 

I'm afraid that's going to happen and so Spencer will skate on this too. Saving Trina is more realistic but with this show, they will go overboard and have it be Ava.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, seasons said:

Michael E. Knight - so glad to see soap veterans from other soaps on GH. But his look confuses me with that smooth baby face and white hair. 

He and I have that same trait in common, although I'm not nearly as handsome. Seriously, that grey hair makes him look ten times better then when he played Tad the Cad back in the day. Anna did seem a small bit flattered and receptive to Martin, even though I don't think he's her type. But she did date Luke for a moment. Guess anything can happen.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5

I'm just curious how GH's security cameras, which were so numerous that two longtime staffers ( Liz and Finn) couldnt figure out a way to circumvent them to dispose of Peter's body, also failed to capture a single shot of a teenager, presumably unfamiliar with the hospital layout, setting fire to a car.

I also was annoyed at Esmee being set up as a foil for Joss instead of Trina. It's Trina's story. she is friends with Ava, she was interested in Spencer (she got doused with fake blood meant for ava). It feels like the show taking away material from Trina to provide a showcase for Joss. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I also was annoyed at Esmee being set up as a foil for Joss instead of Trina. It's Trina's story. she is friends with Ava, she was interested in Spencer (she got doused with fake blood meant for ava). It feels like the show taking away material from Trina to provide a showcase for Joss. 

I disagree.  What info Esme got (Joss' entire backstory) came from Spencer which he clearly discussed his entire PC life with her.  but Spencer didn't know Trina existed until he came back to PC so unable to tell his gf anything about her.  So that gave Esme a chance to pick at Joss, because she "knew" her and maybe thought of her as a threat to her relationship with Spencer, depending on what he said of their past. 

I'm pretty sure Esme will quickly realize that Spencer has a thing for Trina, so her interest will shift there pretty quickly.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Super weird how joss hugged carly because of her marrying Jason. Its not a real marriage.

Also talking about how people in Nixon falls loved lenny.imaginary people?

• Love 1