Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Thanks for that GHScorpiosRule!  I like them both, especially adorable Robin, but yeah. Maxie has been so ba-ba-booey these days she fell off my radar.

Other than Cameron, and it we don't see Jake enough, no. I don't count Trina because, let's face it, she is a bit of retcon like Hayden was. I had a host of issues with Guza, but his teen/young adult scene were a bit more nuanced, possibly because he didn't directly write for them for a long time, only supervised. They recast Spencer - fine, but if they want to make him root-able, we need to understand why he does what he does. Also don't understand why they have him look down on the "townies," he never spent time with Helena, Nicholas didn't display that attitude as Stefan instilled Nic with manners, and Laura wouldn't allow him to play that, if written true to character. Spencer doesn't have to be nice, but he actually fits the "poor little rich boy" characterization: he mom died when he was an infant and Nic spent two years trying to get revenge instead of contacting Spencer, sent off to French boarding school. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I do like the fact that Chase was trying to make excuses for Willow, whom he loves ( or loved) and is more pissed at Michael. 

Too often I feel like the woman who cheats gets shamed and the guy skates. I'll be thrilled to see Michael face some repercussions of his actions.

Except he won’t.  And Willow also absolutely deserves to be shamed-she’s the one who took vows and promised fidelity.

I had to 😂 when Ned was talking to Tracy! I could see his phone screen and see some of the apps, and not a picture of her or a blank gray circle blob and that other shape you usually see on an iPhone.

Even in public that twit Willow treats Chase like a stranger. Just patted his shoulder as she left him there sitting in the hallway.

This FAKAKTA SHOW. Chase is going to comprise his principles and go snooping.

And this can’t be said enough: STFU OLIVIA!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

hope that Nik is booking into some obscure motel (but NOT the one Naomi booked) because everyone and all his relatives is staying at the Metro Court.

I assumed he was going somewhere else, because he didn't tell whoever, 'book me in this hotel', he said 'book me into a hotel'.  I figured he was going to hang out wherever, and keep an eye on his idiot spawn.  

Is "I'm just Student Nurse Tait" supposed to show how modest she is?

No, it shows how much of a bitch she is.  She married Chase, so there is no reason why Monica wouldn't assume that she took his last name, so Monica cutely called her Nurse Chase.  But she had to quickly correct Monica, because how dare Monica assume she take her husband's name.  I can't believe that I used to like her so much, when she's become such a terrible person.  

• Love 12
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

I assumed he was going somewhere else, because he didn't tell whoever, 'book me in this hotel', he said 'book me into a hotel'.  I figured he was going to hang out wherever, and keep an eye on his idiot spawn.  

He said to the person on the phone: “book me in a hotel in Port Charles.”

And that had to be the classiest motel I’ve ever seen!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He said to the person on the phone: “book me in a hotel in Port Charles.

Right.  He was not going to be hanging out in the Metrocourt, which is probably the smartest thing the character (and the writing for him) has done in a long time!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I do like the fact that Chase was trying to make excuses for Willow, whom he loves ( or loved) and is more pissed at Michael. 

Too often I feel like the woman who cheats gets shamed and the guy skates. I'll be thrilled to see Michael face some repercussions of his actions.

i get how you'd feel that way - but honestly, it just made me sick to my stomach that Chase kept trying to excuse that behaviour. I don't really think that guys skate if they cheat (on soaps) like most times. the woman gets yelled at, and the guy gets punched in the face and what not and they are both treated yucky (as it should be). 

Chase is making excuses for Willow as if Willow doesn't have agency here. Even if we want to play the "She was in a cult" card - like i broke down yesterday - every time Chase said "are we good?" "you can leave if you want." "you don't have to do this." Willow acted like she was like sacrificing herself to the Olympian gods or something and this was her sacred duty vs opening her mouth and saying "actually.. I'll just be w/you as a friend." SO SIMPLE- and it's driving me bananas that Chase is swallowing this "Willow is Light and Love and Perfection." No she's not. Neither is Michael. and both of them are trying to play it up like theyare the victims here and Chase excusing Willow ... is not right. especially when she acts like such a cow towards him all the time. 

Actually when she petted his shoulder before she walked away - it hit me that Willow is treating Chase like a patient.. Cold, distant, and just doing what she's supposed to do. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Good lord, Willow is really being made out to be this Mary Sue sainted nurse when she's just a horrible person. I can't believe I used to like her at one point. She had fire and spark. I liked the way she was finally able to stand up to Shiloh. Her first time with Chase was sexy and sweet. But now they've gone full sugary rot your teeth while pretending that she's the best human to ever human. She's awful, and I hate her.

Reading this I suddenly had flashbacks of Sabrina. Ugh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

More proof that she's dangerously obsessed with Wiley. There's also Jake, Danny and Scout and Bailey so far as she knows.

Same kids that were not at Wylie's birthday party.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Largely on the barge here but caught about half of today’s show while eating lunch. I can definitely handle Austin as truth-teller, as those are all too rare in PC.  I’d be interested in seeing Chase’s darker/scheming side.

The only thing I could focus on in the pool scenes is how filthy the Spencer actor’s feet were. I get that happens when they’re barefoot, but either change the camera angle or put some flip flops on him!

• Love 3

Student nurse Willow pissed me off when answering what to do if a patient wants to discharge themselves from the hospital. If any nurse ever spoke to me like that I would definitely be discharging myself.

I can't believe I used to like Willow.

• Love 9

First, I’m lovin GH these days.  I don’t like every storyline but it’s feeling soapier then usual.

Love that Chase finally knows about Michael and Willow.  Part of me just wants him to ‘walk’ away from the marriage and finally move on to bigger and better, but really where’s the fun in that?

Love how Millow looks HORRIBLE!  Chemistry-less.  Selfish.  Just one of the most non-rootworthy couples on GH right now and that says a lot.  I know that unfortunately a Corinthos must always win, but I really hope Chase can make Millow suffer.  At least for a little while.

Love the quiet sociopath that is Austin and the burgeoning sociopath that is Spencer.  Finally some characters who aren’t mustache-twisting villains, but people with ties to the community but are devious and perhaps even deadly?

Love the eye candy that is Shawn.  I don’t care about him finding Hayden I just want him to stick around for a while.

Love the possibility of Trina potentially falling for psychopathic Spencer, just for the potential drama of it all.

Love that whack ass Carly and he who I won’t even name finally got together even if it’s contrived.  I never liked Britt with him and if I have to hear him robotically say that he “let Britt down” one more time I’ll lose it!  Now if Jarly can just have hot monkey sex just as Sonny remembers who he is and walks in on them, my GH satisfaction will be complete!

Love the possibility of Nik and Ava possibly getting back together soon although I don’t think Nik will tell Ava that Spence is the stalker.

Weird but I used to love Curtis when he was fun-lovin, smart, and sexy as hell.  Once he got in his feelings about his wife keeping secrets he just comes across now as a judgmental, mopey, twit. But I like Porsha.  Not sure where I want that relationship to go.

Last but not least, I like Nina and I hate what they’ve had her do and I really can’t see how she can come back from this.

Forgot to add I googled GH Stuart Damon a few days ago and found an article that said GH will do a tribute EPISODE like they did with John Reilly so hopefully that 15 second montage was just that, a montage and NOT the tribute.

Edited by Jenxee
  • Love 6
On 8/9/2021 at 10:50 PM, Daisy said:

Like someone asked me, and this is going on and on on Twitter (even from Frank, like "will Chase try the truth for once" (He also mentioned Millow) and i am like what? like people keep bringing up the whole Sasha thing (which I didn't watch) but from what i gathered -  MIchael was fighting for custody. Willow wanted to be in the brat's life. Michael wanted Willow in the brat's life. Michael needed to be married to beat Nelle. Chase thought "hey why don't you two get married. 3 flies, one swat." they went all no no no. Sasha had a past. they were losing. Chase lied and forged the affair with Sasha so Michael could get his son, Willow can be with the kid. Chase literally got nothing out of that deal. The lie sucked. Yah he was manipulating the emotions/situation, but it's not like they could just break up  - they would have seen through it. He lost his best friend, the woman he loved but he chose that for their happiness. and what was best for the brat.

Let's look at What Michael + Willow are Doing. 
Willow lead Chase on letting him think they were getting back together - when Willow knew she loved Michael and the only reason why she didn't cut ties with Chase was because she thought Michael wanted Sasha- and she didn't want to be alone. (that's how it played out to me. Because the moment Michael said NOPE, I want you, Willow was like OKAY I WANT YOU TOO!). - scuzzy. 

Chase gets sick and he wants his girlfriend (why would he think different, Willow never told him they were taking things slow (that I remember if I am wrong I stand correct), Willow never said NOPE we're not boyfriend/girlfriend, we're just friends and seeing where we go from here. Willow is like fine whatever.

Chase gets sicker and goes WIllow I totally love you, but i get it if you don't wanna be around a sick guy, we can end things.
WILLOW: I love you too. Don't worry about it.  while she runs to michael and cries how Chase is loving her and this is bad. Oh we should tell him but he's sick. 

Chase is dying (and again. the show missed a BIG beat by not having this about his pension either but whatever he wants to be married to his true love). 
Chase: I love you and I want to marry you, BUT I'lL UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MARRY ME. YOU CAN DITCH OUT IF YOU WANT
WILLOW: NOPE! I WANNA MARRY YOU!. crying to Michael how this is a disaster and now she has to marry him. Oh around this time they had sex that's how Jax caught them. 

Boo hoo. we're being blackmailed now. boo hoooo hoo

NOW they are having sex again, they are making googly-flirty eyes at each other, they keep putting it off for dumb ass reasons and CHASE is wrong because he didn't automatically blurt out that he can walk (thus he's lying apparently) and he deserves what he's getting because he lied to MICHAEL AND WILLOW TOO?!  WHAT?!  MILLOW is the downtrodden party here? (and honestly I don't even blame Chase for not saying anything. like. at first he was all imma gonna surprise Willow at our wedidng, and it wouldn' surprise me he wanted to make sure that this was permanent and not oh i can walk, o wait more damage, now i can't). 

Chase deserves zero of the crap that he's being bombarded with, and people who uses the Sasha lie really need to show their work, because the way I see it, Chase lied so Michael + Willow and Wiley could all benefit. Millow are lying so they can feel good about themselves because they were gonna do a good thing because he was dying  and now they are "doing a good thing so chase can get better" when Chase was a-okay with WIllow leaving him. three times. 

People don't have to "show their work" just because you disagree with them. The Chase lie is very similar to Willow and Michael's current lie. All three made idiotic, well-intentioned decisions that hurt people. Somehow Willow and Michael are scuzzy because they're lying and trying to feel better about themselves, but Chase's noble lie wasn't the act of a martyr. He could have broken up with Willow without lying to her. What was she going to do? Make him stay in a relationship with her? And, no, Willow did not lead him on. She was clear with him after he admitted his lie that they could start something up again, but that she wanted to take it slow. 

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

The affair lie has nothing to do with the present situation at this point. People are assuming that if they hadn't lied Chillow would be together and Willow wouldn't have to make anything up. But that's not necessarily true. It was over a year ago. They could have broken up for whatever reason and Willow could have been put in the same position when the current events happened.

That's just a hypothetical. Yeah, maybe they would have broken up for other reasons eventually, but we don't know that. What we do know is Chase lied to her and threw her together with Michael and she fell in love with them. Chase (and Sasha) got the ball rolling, so I don't feel sorry for either of them that they had to take their lumps over it.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

More proof that she's dangerously obsessed with Wiley. There's also Jake, Danny and Scout and Bailey so far as she knows.

How does that show she's dangerously obsessed with him? It is his legacy. It doesn't mean it's ONLY his legacy. Why would she mention other people's kids?

8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

No, it shows how much of a bitch she is.  She married Chase, so there is no reason why Monica wouldn't assume that she took his last name, so Monica cutely called her Nurse Chase.  But she had to quickly correct Monica, because how dare Monica assume she take her husband's name.  I can't believe that I used to like her so much, when she's become such a terrible person.  

Monica made an assumption - a well-intentioned assumption but an assumption nonetheless. Lots of people don't take their husband's last names. Willow isn't a bitch just because she politely corrected Monica.

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

i get how you'd feel that way - but honestly, it just made me sick to my stomach that Chase kept trying to excuse that behaviour. I don't really think that guys skate if they cheat (on soaps) like most times. the woman gets yelled at, and the guy gets punched in the face and what not and they are both treated yucky (as it should be). 

Chase is making excuses for Willow as if Willow doesn't have agency here. Even if we want to play the "She was in a cult" card - like i broke down yesterday - every time Chase said "are we good?" "you can leave if you want." "you don't have to do this." Willow acted like she was like sacrificing herself to the Olympian gods or something and this was her sacred duty vs opening her mouth and saying "actually.. I'll just be w/you as a friend." SO SIMPLE- and it's driving me bananas that Chase is swallowing this "Willow is Light and Love and Perfection." No she's not. Neither is Michael. and both of them are trying to play it up like theyare the victims here and Chase excusing Willow ... is not right. especially when she acts like such a cow towards him all the time. 

Actually when she petted his shoulder before she walked away - it hit me that Willow is treating Chase like a patient.. Cold, distant, and just doing what she's supposed to do. 

It's not SO SIMPLE to break up with someone deathly ill and then with someone on their death bed. Chase is "making excuse" because, having told a similar lie, and knowing Willow, he knows that she's not some evil supervillain because she married him under false pretenses. He actually gets that the situation isn't black and white. 

It's Chase's issue acting like Willow is perfection and light. Willow didn't ask him - or anyone else - to treat her like that. She and Michael aren't making themselves out to be victims. Willow said she knows that Chase will have a right to his anger and is willing to accept it.

Contrary to popular opinion, Willow actually does feel guilty. She loves Chase but is not IN love with him, but is married to him. She doesn't want to be overly affectionate, so is acting a bit awkward, but she's not acting like a cow because she pats his shoulder or didn't give him a ride to PT.

4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Student nurse Willow pissed me off when answering what to do if a patient wants to discharge themselves from the hospital. If any nurse ever spoke to me like that I would definitely be discharging myself.

I can't believe I used to like Willow.

I guess experienced nurses Felix and Liz should have set her straight if her answer was actually so unacceptable. But Willow's the horrible one, not them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this can’t be said enough: STFU OLIVIA!

Agreed. I wretched when Olivia asked Ned "So was all of that just to impress me?" Lady, you had a baby with Mooby. Does it really take that much to impress you?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I think that Dante has looked like shit ever since he "cleaned up" a few months ago.  That haircut is terrible, and why did he suddenly start wearing suits to work?  He never used to dress that formal in the past.  It makes him look like a prick to me.

I kind of felt like they were trying to make Willow into the new Sabrina.  What with Felix and Elizabeth fawning all over her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I’m actually interested in how this Chase/Austin team up is going to turn out, especially since screwing over Michael means screwing over Brooke Lynn as well. I’m wondering if Chase will be blinded by his revenge and lose Brooke as a friend, or if finding out that Brooke knew about Michael and Willow will be the final straw to join Team Austin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

At least they didn't go from 0 to 100 with Chase and they had to show him being actively manipulated at first, then worked on by Austin before he lied to Willow about his PT. And what Austin had to say was that Michael essentially has everything. Anyway, Chase will probably pull back at some point because of Wylie. Because everything in the world revolves around that little twerp.

I guess the only way that Olivia can stay somewhat relevant is if she lives at the Q mansion. I don't WTF she's still doing there. I don't know why her opinion on ELQ things matters. It doesn't concern you, Olive.

So Nikolas actually knows about the party Spencer is planning to throw? And Spencer seems to have forgotten about his tiny little scar from the fire and how he dressed like the Phantom of the Opera and went into extreme drama mode over his face and being hideous. While I don't find the actor that bad, Spencer needs to STFU. Nikolas shouldn't be paying for his tab at the bar. Nikolas should tell his son who is lounging by the pool all day to go and find himself a job or do some volunteer work with people who will never have a fraction of what he has and can only dream of touring Europe. 

And yo, Spencer! Trina hates liars and she loves Ava. 

So they brought Naomi back to killer her off. The actress was very good at playing dead. And Shawn's whole telling Sam to leave because of her parole and that he would handle it. You just got out of prison, flunky, for pleading guilty to the attempted murder of the daughter of the woman lying on the floor dead. All it takes is one racist cop to show up, take a look at the dead white woman on the ground for you to become a sieve or find your ass sitting back in jail. 

Lastly, let's all sing the praises of student nurse Tait. she is so good and she is so great and birds sing when she passes by and she is just so out of this world that wonderful wonderful Willow. I can't believe they brought Felix out to sing her praises and his scenes were painful. He sounded like a robot.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

I think that Dante has looked like shit ever since he "cleaned up" a few months ago.  That haircut is terrible, and why did he suddenly start wearing suits to work?  He never used to dress that formal in the past.  It makes him look like a prick to me.

I kind of felt like they were trying to make Willow into the new Sabrina.  What with Felix and Elizabeth fawning all over her.

I think he's in a different role now with the PCPD. Not exactly sure what that is, but I feel like since he came back to the force he's been elevated somewhat from what he used to be.

I didn't see the Chase and Sasha lie so I can't comment on that. But Willow (and Michael, but since we're talking about how sainted she's portrayed I'll stick with her) looks HORRIBLE here. What kind of people peace out on their own 3 year old's birthday with a room full of guests to go have sex? It would be one thing if she owned it and decided she just doesn't give af about Chase or how he feels. But that's not what's happening. She says she feels terrible but she doesn't show it.

The acting from Spencer has improved, I will give him that. I'm feeling ragey so I guess that's a good thing. Better than say, "And Chad Duell". I still have irrational hatred toward his hair though. It bothers me. And I will always think he doesn't deserve Trina, she's way too good for him.

Still sitting here at my JaBritt table, party of one.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Shawn's whole telling Sam to leave because of her parole and that he would handle it. You just got out of prison, flunky, for pleading guilty to the attempted murder of the daughter of the woman lying on the floor dead. All it takes is one racist cop to show up, take a look at the dead white woman on the ground for you to become a sieve or find your ass sitting back in jail. 

I have so many issues with this.  Legally, how is he going to "get justice" for Hayden anyway?  Legally, he did it, and admitted to it.  He wasn't exonerated, he was just let out of jail.  Is there some way they can get his conviction vacated at this point if they find proof, and IF Robert or some other prosecutor wants to take it on?  I just don't understand the point of this story beyond the terrible retconning.  

ETA:  I wanna see his Innocence Project lawyer questioning him on what he was actually doing that day, for an alibi, and him being all "trying to shoot the innocent man standing next to her.... I missed.... again"

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I wretched when Olivia asked Ned "So was all of that just to impress me?" Lady, you had a baby with Mooby. Does it really take that much to impress you?

She had a baby with Julian Jerome, the Hitler/Pol Pot/Stalin of Port Charles. She hasn't got much room for the moral high ground, not that it ever stops her.

2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I’m actually interested in how this Chase/Austin team up is going to turn out

Same. Austin is egging Chase on for his own reasons, but they still have a lot of common ground. I like Austin as the devil on Chase's shoulder. Though I don't want this part of the story to drag on. The stupid lie has gone on long enough. Chase needs to blow things up fast and spectacularly and then move on. Yeah, he'll be the big bad here instead of the people who've been lying to him for months, but whatever. It'll be worth it to cause Willow and Michael more discomfort, even if that doesn't last nearly long enough and people will be falling all over themselves to excuse Michael, at least.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I’m actually interested in how this Chase/Austin team up is going to turn out, especially since screwing over Michael means screwing over Brooke Lynn as well.

It took me a while to understand how it would screw over Brook Lynn and then I realized that as great-grandchildren they would have equal shares in ELQ. I see former CEO Michael as much more ego-tied to the company though, as long as Brook Lynn gets her dividends, it doesn't matter to her who runs it. It will hurt Michael more than BL.

At this point, Brook Lynn knows that Michael and Willow have feelings for each other, but not that they are involved in an adulterous affair. During Wylie's birthday party as the family wait for them to show up.🤮

17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

, it shows how much of a bitch she is.  She married Chase, so there is no reason why Monica wouldn't assume that she took his last name, so Monica cutely called her Nurse Chase.  But she had to quickly correct Monica, because how dare Monica assume she take her husband's name.  I can't believe that I used to like her so much, when she's become such a terrible person.  

Correcting Monica that her name is Tait not Chase didn't bother me as much as correcting her that it's not 'Nurse' but 'Student Nurse'. Monica knows damn well that Willow isn't a qualified nurse yet but she was paying Willow a compliment/encouraging her. Correcting Monica that she's only a student nurse gave Willow Uriah Heap vibes.

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How does that show she's dangerously obsessed with him? It is his legacy. It doesn't mean it's ONLY his legacy. Why would she mention other people's kids?

It's Edward's legacy to his grandchildren, great-grandchildren and now great-great-grandchildren (Wylie). It is so much greater, it would make sense that Michael cares about it to preserve it for the family but Willow is so laser-focused on Wylie, that's all she sees.

When Willow said that she doesn't interfere in ELQ affairs, I thought what a perfect mob moll she would be.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It took me a while to understand how it would screw over Brook Lynn and then I realized that as great-grandchildren they would have equal shares in ELQ. I see former CEO Michael as much more ego-tied to the company though, as long as Brook Lynn gets her dividends, it doesn't matter to her who runs it. It will hurt Michael more than BL.

ELQ is important to Ned, and BLQ still feels guilty for losing the company the first time around. She’s very much in the “protect shares at all cost” camp right now. 

• Useful 2

This is how I feel about the Chase and Sasha lying about having an affair versus TWSLS and Willow actually having an affair. The first was a lie to help their respective significant others, so that TWSLS could get full custody of his spawn. Their lie wasn't a betrayal in the traditional sense that they actually cheated on them. And it was for a good cause (to their addlepated minds).

What Willow and TWSLS are doing now, actively, is a betrayal and it is actively hurting Chase because as Brook Lynn asked: "Where does that leave Chase?" It leaves him thinking, believing the woman he married actually loves him, actually would be faithful to him, as she actually took vows to do those things. And it took less than a month after marrying Chase before Willow just couldn't control herself and banged TWSLS, who also proved what a "good" friend he was. I frankly don't believe he ever was. He punched Chase in the groin for lying about cheating. A lie that benefitted his wussy ass.

It's apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned. What is "noble" about stabbing a supposed best friend/ your husband in the back, and pretending to be a friend and a faithful wife? Especially since Chase hasn't done a damn thing to deserve it; except for not actually dying.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is how I feel about the Chase and Sasha lying about having an affair versus TWSLS and Willow actually having an affair. The first was a lie to help their respective significant others, so that TWSLS could get full custody of his spawn. Their lie wasn't a betrayal in the traditional sense that they actually cheated on them. And it was for a good cause (to their addlepated minds).

What Willow and TWSLS are doing now, actively, is a betrayal and it is actively hurting Chase because as Brook Lynn asked: "Where does that leave Chase?" It leaves him thinking, believing the woman he married actually loves him, actually would be faithful to him, as she actually took vows to do those things. And it took less than a month after marrying Chase before Willow just couldn't control herself and banged TWSLS, who also proved what a "good" friend he was. I frankly don't believe he ever was. He punched Chase in the groin for lying about cheating. A lie that benefitted his wussy ass.

I'm sorry, but I think they're both bad.  You're right in there's nothing noble about lying to a dying, and now not dying but paralyzed (or not) man and pretending you love him while going behind his back with another man.

But, I also think there was nothing noble about pretending to cheat in order to manipulate people into making the decision that you think they really want to make.

I think it's apples and apples. Or oranges and oranges.

And does this even happen in real life?  The marrying someone with a deadly disease, or a serious medical condition, because you feel sorry for them?

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm sorry, but I think they're both bad.  You're right in there's nothing noble about lying to a dying, and now not dying but paralyzed (or not) man and pretending you love him while going behind his back with another man.

But, I also think there was nothing noble about pretending to cheat in order to manipulate people into making the decision that you think they really want to make.

Honestly, still not over the totally contrived point that Michael couldn't marry Sasha to strengthen his custody case because she wasn't pure enough.  

• Love 7

What I want someone to bring up to Austin - 

If he (or he had a patient) who had a living will that clearly states something, and they were in a coma and then there was this person going on and on about how they had conversations/letters from the patient saying how they kinda regretted the living will terms they had, and there was an intention to do it but there was nothing legal saying there was a change. 

as a doctor - would he legally be obligated to follow "the intention" or would he have to follow what the will states. 

imo that's what Edward's will is to me. 

• Love 1

I will say this about the Spencer actor...knowing that this is his first acting job, hes doing good. And Spencer/Trina definitely have better chenistry then 90% of the adult couples the show peddles out. Plus, i cant wait for the drama to unfold and what they do with it.

• Love 20

The thing about Spencer is that he sucks and is annoying, but every character he encounters thinks that he sucks and is annoying too, which makes him much more bearable. I admit, the actor is growing on me, and I like him with Trina. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Liesl and Scotty are adorable together. they all look great in the pool.  Haha Carly "dead-fence?" I love that. 

Did they legit age up Donna just so she could call Jason daddy? I legit felt my eyeballs roll out of my head. I'm tired of this 5 families crap. OH gag me with a Skipole. This is pissing me off - Jason's responsibility to protect and take care of Carly's kids. Screw his own kids. (Carly is all turned on with the idea of her and Jason having kids. I blame Valentine for this)

Spencer needs a slap lol (I'm surprised Laura didn't). 
Laura: "Spencer would never do anything like that" (hurting Ava). Laura come on.  
Nik is maybe putting it together? 

Clearly Nik wants Britt + Nik together. You are 18 not 8. grow up. 

Trina is still ticked at her mother. Girl, Channel Elsa and let it GO, already. Ava is clapping Trina with truth. She's not entitled to anything. Everytime Trina opened her mouth to say "but" Ava just shut it down and was like, Girl, no one is perfect not even you, show your mouth compassion. That was awesome. 

Stella can remember everything in Jordon's office but stealing the letter and we basically got hashed everything with that happened with them the last 2-3 weeks.

meh episode

• Love 4

"We should probably teach Donna to call me Jason." Holy crap, I am DEAD from this line, y'all. What a sick burn. Jason will do a lot for Carly but embracing fatherhood ain't it. He's not going to be Sonny and pride himself on his children and consider himself father of the year. Spending five minutes feeding Donna cheerios is about as good as it's going to get for Jason (and certainly more interaction than we've seen him have with his actual kids in quite some time). I thought Laura Wright and Steve Burton did good work here; Carly so clearly wants to cut-and-paste Jason into Sonny's role (he even made her precious coffee correctly!) and Jason is pretty much full-body rejecting that concept. He's given his word to Carly to go through with this sham marriage, but man, you know he'd run for the exit if he could.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

"We should probably teach Donna to call me Jason." Holy crap, I am DEAD from this line, y'all. What a sick burn. Jason will do a lot for Carly but embracing fatherhood ain't it. He's not going to be Sonny and pride himself on his children and consider himself father of the year. Spending five minutes feeding Donna cheerios is about as good as it's going to get for Jason (and certainly more interaction than we've seen him have with his actual kids in quite some time). I thought Laura Wright and Steve Burton did good work here; Carly so clearly wants to cut-and-paste Jason into Sonny's role (he even made her precious coffee correctly!) and Jason is pretty much full-body rejecting that concept. He's given his word to Carly to go through with this sham marriage, but man, you know he'd run for the exit if he could.

you also know if Robin were still in town, Jason wouldn't even bother lying to her. just "yah i have to marry Carly coz she dun eff'ed up. again". 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Oh my god I could not love Scotty and Liesel more. They are adorable. I’m loving all these fab beach/pool getups too. 

Donna is so cute and she can use a spoon so already miles ahead of golden boy Wiley who is still pouring spaghetti all over himself. Get it together kid!

Spencer is such a little shit. I can’t wait to see what Nik has planned for him. Also, and now I love Kevin, but how did he not lose his medical license for treating Ryan covertly like that?  You’d think that would be some sort of ethics violation. 

Once again Ava and Trina’s friendship is so refreshing to see.  Ava was totally correct - Trina is allowed to have feelings over her mother’s affair but Portia does not have to discuss her marriage with her daughter.  I am really feeling bad for Stella.  That actress is so good.

Jason saying Donna should call him Jason.  That was amazing.  Jason needs another child like he needs a hole in the head.  He has no time for the children he already has.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

you also know if Robin were still in town, Jason wouldn't even bother lying to her. just "yah i have to marry Carly coz she dun eff'ed up. again". 

Robin would be the only one to see right thru this from jump and be like "got it, business arrangement."

• Love 4

I really liked today's episode. It helped that 70% of it was characters that I like.

Nik/Spencer/Laura&Kevin are very believable as a family and I like that Nik is pulling out his Cassadine side to deal with Spencer. I like the new Spencer, can do both charming and smarmy.

Scotty and Liesl were fun and so were Britt and her mother. Acknowledging their bad pasts but moving on and finding some joy in it. Lol at ancient Greek horror tales. Even the medical seminars was realistic.

KT has an amazing body.

Ava talking to Trina was all sorts of win. Like a godmother or mentor.

I love Jordan's hair and Stella's. And mostly Portia's and Trina'a. None of the artificially straightened .

I usually have nothing good to say about SBu but he was charming acting with Donna. So cute the shakes of the head. (Ugh at Carly so desperate to make him Daddy.)

My father had a pair of pyjamas with the same pattern as Curtis' shirt. That's all I could think about in his scenes.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

All of this. I really need Spencer to get his comeuppance. I don't have high hopes, but we'll see. Just hoping for something to wipe that obnoxious smirk off his smug face. I'd love someone to punch him. He's very punchable. Not sure who that would be though. Even Nik isn't about to haul off and slug his own kid. I really can't wait to see this epic rager that he's promised. I really wish we would get a Regina Morrow situation, but this one is more likely to be Romper Room. 

Good lord, Willow is really being made out to be this Mary Sue sainted nurse when she's just a horrible person. I can't believe I used to like her at one point. She had fire and spark. I liked the way she was finally able to stand up to Shiloh. Her first time with Chase was sexy and sweet. But now they've gone full sugary rot your teeth while pretending that she's the best human to ever human. She's awful, and I hate her.

Spencer is despicable. That said, I feel like the actor is doing a stellar job of playing an entitled jerk, although I prefer villains with some charm.

They are doing with Willow exactly what they did with Sabrina, who started out being kind of a goofy likeable character, and then became a sainted princess. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

And does this even happen in real life?  The marrying someone with a deadly disease, or a serious medical condition, because you feel sorry for them?

I think it does, but there isn't usually a third party involved.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I assume Spencer's underage for drinking, but the actor just looks old for a guy having a party while dad is away.

He was in France for years so he's probably used to drinking.

I wish that they would get someoneof staff who speaks French if they are going to have Valentin and Spencer speak it. Fete is 'fet' not the English 'fate' and pere is 'pear' not 'pater'.

13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It also kind of looked like Stella’s hospital gown.

Yes, that too.

• Love 3

My father had a pair of pyjamas with the same pattern as Curtis' shirt. That's all I could think about in his scenes.

Drew (Billy Miller) and Curtis had some awesome buddy vibes.  Is Sonny going to work at Curtis' bar per Nina?  It's sad how far Curtis has fallen down as Sean now gets the 'action' scenes but I guess that was the price demanded for owning a bar/new set.  Portia and Curtis don't really seem to have much chemistry but neither did Curtis and Jordan.  Silver lining though as Jordan's character appears to be recharged with the help of the script and Stella (still an ineffectual police commissioner though - as with anyone who wants to remain in MB's good graces -  with the acceptance of the 'good' violent thug Corinthos family). 

And while I haven't seen Scotty and Leisl recent scenes yet, props to the writers/FV for that pairing.  That pair must be real fun to work with on the set.

• Love 5

I have zero interest in Jason or Carly, together or separately, so I don’t care how it plays out but after watching today, I think we’ll see Carly falling for Jason and wanting this to be a real marriage while Jason doesn’t. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

They are doing with Willow exactly what they did with Sabrina, who started out being kind of a goofy likeable character, and then became a sainted princess

I never liked Sabrina. There was nothing goofy or likable about her. 

• Love 9