Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I'll play along with "What cereal are Millow?" Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats. Michael is the plain side that gets soggy and starts coming apart; Willow is the thickly sugared side that rots your teeth.

14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cam to Carly in the previews: "My past mistakes aren't going to keep me from being with Joss."  Oh, for fuck's sake, is he still apologizing for daring to think a murderer murdered someone? 

He got in the tamest schoolyard fight ever with Oscar (and got the worst of it), he failed to buy pot, and for a whole segment he was a suspect in one of Jason's two dozen non-fatal shootings (before being cleared). That's a big rap sheet to live down, especially in the eyes of Carly, who is known for frowning on misbehavior and criminality.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

The worst part is if Willow had just come clean she and Michael could still have been there for Chase as his friends. I mean it’s not like any of them were on bad terms. I get why she couldn’t tell him when he was on the floor having a seizure, but there’s been plenty of time between then and now. 

and this right here is the crux of the matter. Even if we take soapiness out of it it just blows my mind that these two dumb bunnies never came to that conclusion. That they simply could just be there for Chase. Both of them acted like Willow is the driving force of him living and he'd just crumple and die if he heard anything negative about them not being together. 

It's Chase. he would have been sad, disappointed, and probably have cried about it but he would have accepted it like the good guy he was, and they could have just all been there for the toughest moments of his life. Again I feel a good chunk of why Chase wanted to marry Willow was to make sure she was taken care of w/his police pension. (WHY the show never brought it up, is beyond me). I see a lot of things basically that Chase is in Millow's way and how he should step aside yadayadayada, and I'm like. what?  (as of now) it's not like he knew anything different. He believed that Willow forgave him and took him back. He wanted to marry her (partially to make sure she was provided for, and I guess, just, partially, to just have that title as "her husband."). The moment Chase gave Willow the out, she should have taken it.  the moment Jax "blackmailed" Michael, he should have realized how stupid this whole thing was and fessed up. 

Someone said it (and I wish i could give them credit) but they wanted to come out of this  so piously. Ohhh they gave Chase his dying wishes, Ohh, they bestowed Nina the gift of Wiley Ohh look at them aren't they so saintly and special and perfect, and all their agency just blew up in their face and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them. because - let's face it. their best friend didn't die and they're stuck in their lie. 

they suck. 

• Love 16

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The backstory: Thanks to some slight scheming by Kim, Clint had learned that his wife Nora had fallen back in love with her ex-husband slash Clint's brother Bo.  He reacted thusly:

Now THIS is GREAT SOAPINESS! Though Setton's Kim is the same as her Brooklyn.

9 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I miss JVD as Clint.  That guy was a force of nature and stole every scene he was in. 

He will always be Ross from Guiding Light to me. I adored the original, played by Clint Ritchie. But as with @mostlylurking, Bo was my favorite Buchanan. Just watching that clip makes me miss this show, even though I only watched it sporadically.

I wish I could find the clip where Lucky catches Elizabeth and Nik; all there is is the "aftermath" with the retcon of how she's no longer in love with Lucky because he's "safe" and Nik is the more "dangerous" one and her "wild side" is addicted to that. Whatever. Oh, wait, it's this, and Lucky seeing them is at the 9:30 mark.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Despite meeting both Valentin and Jax on seperate occassions, Phyllis thinks Valentin is better than Jax even though they both lied to Nina about her daughter and Jax was her last relationship.

And somehow amnesiac Mike is the best of the bunch? Okay, Phyllis.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I'll play along with "What cereal are Millow?" Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Cream of Wheat. Bland, mushy, and nothing can perk it up.

42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

the "aftermath" with the retcon of how she's no longer in love with Lucky because he's "safe" and Nik is the more "dangerous" one and her "wild side" is addicted to that.

Lucky can fuck off with his holier-than-thou attitude. I have no problem with his anger, but I always hated how Elizabeth bore the brunt of it. Yes, she was his wife, but Nik is his brother. That's a pretty huge betrayal. Ugh. 

It also annoyed me that Nik was supposedly the one who awakened Elizabeth's sexual passion. *barfs*

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Daisy said:

I don't understand this reference :(

It's a reference to a scene on OLTL. Clint Buchanan found out his wife, Nora, was having an affair with his brother, Bo. He arranged for Nora to walk in on himself in bed with his assistant, Kim (played by Amanda Setton). Nora was shocked and outraged and then Clint told her a) he knew about her and Bo and b) he didn't actually sleep with Kim, he just wanted her to know how he felt.

It was a much better story than this one. First of all, Bo and Nora were a one-time supercouple whose reunion fans had been wanting for over a decade. Second, they weren't actually sleeping together at that point, it was an emotional affair. Third, Clint, Nora, and Bo were all portrayed by excellent actors and there was room to sympathize with all parties, while also recognizing when they were wrong. As actor Jerry verDorn (Clint) said, "the villain is the situation."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And somehow amnesiac Mike is the best of the bunch? Okay, Phyllis.

Lucky can fuck off with his holier-than-thou attitude. I have no problem with his anger, but I always hated how Elizabeth bore the brunt of it. Yes, she was his wife, but Nik is his brother. That's a pretty huge betrayal. Ugh. 

It also annoyed me that Nik was supposedly the one who awakened Elizabeth's sexual passion. *barfs*

Oh I absolutely agree about Lucky’s holier than thou, self righteous attitude. And I also hated how the affair was all Elizabeth’s fault, and how Nik was just an “innocent” bystander in all of it. But that day dream of Lucky shooting Nik, and Nik flying like six feet, will never NOT be funny!😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Yeah add me to the 🤢🤮about Nik “Awakening” Elizabeth.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

In all my Millow annoyance yesterday, I forgot to mention that Joss?  Still insufferable.  Her calling anyone else privileged and spoiled is pretty fucking rich.  This from the girl whose Daddy bought her a kidney (which I know wasn't her doing, but still).  Also, gotta love how now Joss decides to stay in her lane and not warn Trina off Spencer (even if giving her a broader picture of him might not be such a bad thing) and then puts it on Cam if he wants to say anything (sexist or not, I did chuckle at him basically being like 'yeah, but that's a chick thing').  Where was that "to each their own" philosophy when Cam was hurting over Franco and blaming Jason (never getting over that)?

In summation, STFU Joss.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8

Classic Gooze. I often felt the storylines were reverse-engineered to provide "justification" for the women being screamed at, degraded, humiliated, called whores and sluts, etc. By the time it happened, a lot of the viewers would be applauding the payoff. But I usually found the "payoffs" icky. Sonny forcing that predatory kiss on Faith at the mob meeting, while twisting her arms behind her back, is an earlier example with a more villainous female character than Liz. Guza and Pratt really ramped up her evil deeds in the weeks leading up, so, you know, "How can you object to cruel treatment of Faith? She did this, this, and this! She made poor Benny have a heart attack!" 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I disagree that Michael never loses.There are a lot of things annoying about the Michael character but he loses quite a lot. His mother is Carly for frig's sake. His long string of failed relationships. Not that he fought for it but he lost ELQ too.

And was given Aurora on a silver platter. Not that we've ever seen him doing actual Aurora work. For a guy who never took a business course, he's done pretty well.

Were any of his failed relationships his fault? I missed the first ones but Abby was killed and Nelle was cray so not Michael's  fault. He is super wealthy from both the Quartermaines, who he barely tolerates, and the Corinthii, who he loves and admires. He thinks Carly is wonderful and he claimed Wylie without a thought as to how it would affect Lucas losing his son. Not even when Wylie was waking up nights crying did it occur to anyone that he might be missing his fathers Lucas and Brad

He's no loser in the love department, Sasha thinks he's pretty perfect. And now he's got Willow the girl he really wanted.

My parents would mix in Nestles Quick powder and serve it on a dinner plate. We'd try to make roads in it and frantically keep them clear before the chocolatey cereal oozed over and covered them up. Good times.

But it did require the addition of chocolate to make it tolerable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Were any of his failed relationships his fault? I missed the first ones but Abby was killed

Abby was the first one, wasn't she?  And I'm starting to this she purposely walked under that falling crane to get away from him.

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Abby was the first one, wasn't she?  And I'm starting to this she purposely walked under that falling crane to get away from him.

I think she was, and originally Sam set her up with Michael to provide some sexual healing from his rape. And of course they fell in love. They had to adjust her profession from prostitute to stripper (hence her "strooker" moniker) so it wasn't quite as gross as it could have been. It was still pretty gross. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Were any of his failed relationships his fault? I missed the first ones but Abby was killed and Nelle was cray so not Michael's  fault.

Abby was his first girlfriend, I'm pretty sure. Starr left abruptly. He dumped Kiki. Rosalie was just a one-night stand. Sabrina died. Nelle was psycho. Sasha faked being a cheater.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved all the Buchanans (even Asa), but Bo was my man. 

Bo always had a 1950s, "hard-boiled," "man's man" air about him. He so wouldn't have fit in on GH these days, a show where Mooby and Jasus are the exemplars of masculinity.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Bo always had a 1950s, "hard-boiled," "man's man" air about him.

And a sense of decency, he was such a mensch.

9 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

He so wouldn't have fit in on GH these days, a show where Mooby and Jasus are the exemplars of masculinity.

He most definitely would not.  But Faux Bo would!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

am all for Chase's passive-aggressiveness toward Willow and Michael.

I;m at a different table on this.  He should totally have confronted them but instead he'll string this along and turn into the bad guy, which will piss me off.  Also, Austin is creepy and I don't understand what he's doing in the middle of all of this.

Someone remind me about Ryan and the letters?  The comment today that Harmony helps him send letters made me think he sent one to Ava, but I don't remember exactly.  

I do appreciate continuity and the fact that Harmony told Alexis that not only was she working at Springridge but also Turning Woods, because I do remember we saw her there when Mike was alive.  

I'm glad Laura reprimanded Spencer's douchebagness when snarking about Cam's job, though I wish she would have smacked the taste out of the douchebag instead.  Guh, I hate nuSpencer.  

• Love 4

I loved Portia making the distinction to Trina between being a mother and being a best friend. She doesn't keep the boundary all that clear sometimes, but it's nice to hear her know there's a difference and it's healthy.

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

am all for Chase's passive-aggressiveness toward Willow and Michael.

I;m at a different table on this.  He should totally have confronted them but instead he'll string this along and turn into the bad guy, which will piss me off. 

I totally get this. I enjoyed seeing Willow and Michael squirm. That's the least those two dirtbags deserve. Of course Chase will end up being the bad guy. He's up against the golden child, who can never lose.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Carly, slamming Cam for picking up a gun when you're going to marry the town hit man? Really?

Carly managed to check both the hypocritical and passive aggressive boxes today.  

Cam:  Sorry I called Jason a killer who kills

Carly:  Eh, your mom did the same

Cam:  Sorry I picked up a gun and almost shot Jason

Carly:  Yeah, don't do shit like that while you're dating my daughter.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Carly, slamming Cam for picking up a gun when you're going to marry the town hit man? Really?

How does lightning not strike her every time she opens her mouth?

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly:  Yeah, don't do shit like that while you're dating my daughter. 

Cam: "Don't worry, if I even tried it her bodyguard--you know, the one she needs because your family is a fucking criminal organization and she's in constant danger of harm--would stop me cold."

• Love 14

I love how Portia is like. "We are not best friends, I am your mother." That's a conversation my mother and I had when I was younger. Like I said, Portia didn't owe Trina anything in regards to that conversation, it was nice that she saw what Trina's fears were and eased them, but yeah Trina was expecting like she's owed everything that goes on in her Mother's life and it doesn't work like that. 

Carly shut up. "You picked up a gun near my daughter, how dare." shut up. also also really would love someone to smack Joss with the truth that she wasn't there for Cam. At all. in his time of grieving all Joss could think about was how poor Jason was being accused of *gasp* being something that he is 

Alexis + Harmony= skip

Someone please pick up the clues Spencer is dripping ALL OVER THE PLACE. Laura you is wise, you is smart, you is not dumb, girl! Laura giving Spencer that verbal slapdown though was great. (it wasn't enough but what we got works)

Valentine you are so sexy. 

Cam and Joss = constant skip

LOL All of that passive aggressiveness Chase was throwing at Willow and Michael was a thing of beauty. (And Willow was giving her "Chase Stinks" face) Austin shut up. Chase shouldn't base anything on one person. He should get better for himself. and quite frankly, what's there to fight for? but she's not worth it, so i hope Chase dumps them both soon. 

OMG Stella.. I hope she's okay. 
(and at least she was gonna mail the divorce papers)

• Love 2

I really don’t like this floppy side swept hair all the millennial guys seem to be sporting.  Not just on this show (Chase, Michael, Spencer, even Cam is headed that way), but in real life.  I guess I’m old but I’m just not a fan.

Kudos to the actress who plays Aunt Stella because she made me feel badly for her today.  I think she really knows she fucked up royally.  It just didn’t have to get to that point.  I liked the scene between Portia and Trina.  She was totally right, you don’t burden a child with the issues of her parents.  I really don’t want Curtis to be Trina’s father.  That’s just unnecessary.

I didn’t like Alexis antagonizing Ryan, nor her judgemental attitude towards Harmony when her own daughter fell under the same spell that Harmony did with all that Shiloh business.  With her French mani and eyeliner.  Country club prison indeed!

No issues with Chase’s passive aggressiveness whatsoever.  They deserve it.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

;m at a different table on this.  He should totally have confronted them but instead he'll string this along and turn into the bad guy, which will piss me off.  Also, Austin is creepy and I don't understand what he's doing in the middle of all of this.

I will say I liked it today - and really probably this is a conversation that they need to have not with everyone around + the birthday etc. but if it lasts longer than a few days then yah, it will tick me off (and put Chase in bad guy mode). And I agree Austin in this is so creepy. 

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How does lightning not strike her every time she opens her mouth?

right?! also lolol on your last comment

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She actually said that? Because, WENCH, your spawn wasn't anywhere near Cameron when he picked up that gun.

No i think i mixed up the two (because she was also like if you do that near Joss......) but she totally "gun shamed" Cam. 

23 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Today was the first day I liked nuSpencer.  He gave Trina good advice.

And then today he was an obnoxious asshole to Cam, and spoke like Ava was some peasant who married his father, all to/right in front of Laura's face. I'm happy that Laura scolded Spencer, but it should have been a harder smackdown. I have to wonder, was he going to add his beloved grandmother to his list of enemies if Laura said anything positive about Ava. 
I liked Cam's snark about Spencer's ego.

15 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

I feel bad for Aunt Stella. I think she’s the only one that realizes Curtis will regret this. I also think she’s so involved because of what she gave up to raise her nephews and now the only one left is throwing away his marriage.

I feel bad for Stella collapsing, but she was extremely entitled in everything she said until a teenager got hurt. She admitted today she's projecting the loss of her own love.  Truth is, she hasn't witnessed enough of Jordan and Curtis' marriage to be sure Curtis will have regrets - she didn't live with them. I don't understand why she brought up Taggert's lost marriage because she doesn't know him that well.

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

, but Chase is really coming off as the victim here and even with what Michael and Willow have done, he actually defended their character.

He defended Willow's character, but you can see he's getting angrier and more disgusted when he's trying to test them with comments, giving them an opportunity to tell the truth, and they're so easily lying to his face.  He said as much to Austin. Willow's puzzled look "something seems off with Chase" made me roll my eyes. 

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That's a big rap sheet to live down, especially in the eyes of Carly, who is known for frowning on misbehavior and criminality.

LOL. I wanted Carly and Joss to both get hit by lightning as Cam was apologizing to Carly/talking about his intentions, Carly brought up the happiness and safety of her daughter in the context of Cam picking up a gun and aiming it as Jason ... while Joss beamed with joy at Cam being "impressive."  Yet the Mob Queen Bad Ass looked afraid of having a one-on-one talk with Jason's mommy. Hey Monica,  Tracy is your late husband's sister, so she's family, and she didn't gaslight and help cover up the murder of your and your late husband's son!!!  UGH, another shitty moment.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth was Lucky's ex-wife and fiance at the time of that affair. Lucky said it hurt so much that Nik had reverted to "betraying Cassadine bastard" behavior (i.e., he thought Nikolas always had it in him to do that) whereas Elizabeth was supposed to always be the angel he fell in love with they were teenagers.  The idea that she could betray him and lie to him when he hadn't betrayed and failed her first this time, crushed him.

On a sort of related note, I loveeeee how Chase is behaving (much like Lucky when talking to Nik and Elizabeth separately after seeing them having sex, but before he confronted them).  The "guy who used to be my best friend" line was a good start. I think he's giving himself time to figure out  what to do, and I hope he's setting them up to be revealed as the assholes they are.  I like how Austin is giving Willow and Michael such a look of disgust when they didn't act at all guilty with Chase. 

That was a rather small gathering for the fake-looking birthday cake - not even everyone who lives in that mansion!!  I get that Dante picked this (odd) time to take Rocco to see his comatase mommy, but seriously no other kids?!  No Grandma Bobbie? No Aunt Kristina? 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Cam: "Don't worry, if I even tried it her bodyguard--you know, the one she needs because your family is a fucking criminal organization and she's in constant danger of harm--would stop me cold."

Carly:  Ok, cuz I'm the only one allowed to put my children's lives in danger with my lifestyle.  

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And then today he was an obnoxious asshole to Cam, and spoke like Ava was some peasant who married his father, all to/right in front of Laura's face

Douchebag was in fine form today because he also said "your husband" instead of "Kevin" when talking to Laura about Kevin.  Then explained himself that he was still mad at Kevin for not outting Ryan when all that crap went down.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't understand why she brought up Taggert's lost marriage

She wasn't talking about that Marcus.  Her first love's first name was also Marcus, the guy who's wife Yvonne ended up at Turning Woods with Mike and "married" him.  Took me a second to remember that and realize that's who she was talking about.  

• Useful 2

Didn't Cam get a soccer scholarship to Stanford? So while that might not pay for everything, tuition shouldn't have been an issue and PCU wouldn't "help with expenses." God, this show has to retcon everything.

Alexis, you're the one who falls in love with inappropriate men, so maybe lay off Harmony, huh?

Good lord, the hypocrisy was more rampant than usual today.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Carly. Wow. You're really gunning (pun intended) for Hypocrite of the Year, aren't you?

20 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I really don’t like this floppy side swept hair all the millennial guys seem to be sporting.  Not just on this show (Chase, Michael, Spencer, even Cam is headed that way), but in real life.  I guess I’m old but I’m just not a fan.

Thank you! I was starting to think it was just me. I think they just haven't gotten haircuts due to Covid and have decided to keep the current hairstyle but they all look hideous. Cut your hair!

Doesn't look like a great show from the looks of it, but I'll still watch later. Hoping things start to pick up soon but we are in the dog days of summer so I'm sure that's doubtful.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Douchebag was in fine form today because he also said "your husband" instead of "Kevin" when talking to Laura about Kevin.  Then explained himself that he was still mad at Kevin for not outing Ryan when all that crap went down.  

Spencer wasn't even there for the beginning of that storyline. Ryan was already out in Port Charles when Laura came back from her year-long tending to Spencer's broken legs, FFS.

• Love 5

Honestly, I don't even care what Chase does at this point. He can turn into Hulk and smash and I still wouldn't care. He can make Willow weep. He can lock Michael up in a dark room and play clown movies on a loop. Still wouldn't care.

Chase may be angry, but he showed how decent he was when he stopped himself from confronting the tubs of mayo in front of Wylie. He continues to put that child's well-being first, which is a lot more than what I can say for his parents. Hey, Michael! Willow needs THERAPY. For her grief and all the baggage she has been dragging around but also for sleeping with you, because no sane woman would.

I don't care about Austin and the writers seem desperate to find him a storyline that's Q-related. So that's where they seemed to have parked him for now. I find him creepy. I think the part of the storyline that sucks is that Chase will be listening to him and relying on him because his other friends have been lying to him as well. I'm glad Chase has written Michael off. 

That last scene with Austin staring at Michael's face, CD looked like he was trying to pass gas or something. WTF was that? Dude's acting has not improved at all in the 10 years he's been on the show.

I'm assuming that Stella just had another stroke. Vernee Watson-Johnson will forever be associated with Fresh Prince for me and I just love her because of that and because I loved that show so very much, but her role of constant busy body interloper is thankless. She deserves a better storyline than this. 

Nobody needs scenes with Monica telling Carly that she'll get along with her since she managed to get along with Tracy. Honestly, enough with everyone lining up to kiss Carly's ass. Monica is the last person who should put up with any of this. She doesn't need nor does she have to acknowledge Carly or her existence.

Spencer is such an elitist little turd. So that hasn't changed. Must be so nice to grow up with billions of dollars and not have to work a day in your life. Someone should tell him his mother was a stripper at one time (I know she was blackmailed into it, but he doesn't have to find out right away).

Maybe Nikolas will cut him off once he finds out what his son has been up to and how he broke up his happy marriage. Maybe Spencer will have to wear an apron and wait tables and go to PCU with the townies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I think they just haven't gotten haircuts due to Covid and have decided to keep the current hairstyle but they all look hideous. Cut your hair!

Yes!  I gave everyone a pass during the height of Covid because I knew they couldn’t get haircuts and they were doing their own hair and makeup (plus I ended up growing out a pixie during that time and had a full-on mullet going on).  But salons are open now.  It’s time!

• Love 3

I'd love to see Spencer waiting tables or cleaning up at the gym, not that that would ever happen because Uncle Sonny would bail him out when he gets back. I'm glad Laura finally gave him a slight smackdown but Grandma Laura also contributed to spoiling him and creating the sociopath he is now.

Ryan was sending letters to Spencer . Now we know how.

When Harmony showed up at the Q door and someone asked "What is she doing here?" I thought 'they must have opened the border to Canada'.

I'm glad Austin talked Chase into staying. I really want Willow and Michael to squirm.

My daughter walked by, saw the pile of presents for Wylie and went "Ewww. That's why we had Birthday Week. " (As a child she was allowed to open one present a day and the birthday lasted for a week.)

I understand why Trina is upset, she's just found out that her mother cheated on her father or the guy she thinks is her father. It would take a lot more maturity than an 18 year old has to excuse that because her mother felt lonely.

58 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She actually said that? Because, WENCH, your spawn wasn't anywhere near Cameron when he picked up that gun.

It was peak hypocrisy even for Carly. She warned Cameron that he better not pick up a gun while he's dating her daughter even as Carly herself realizes her long-sought dream of marrying the professional hitman .

I really wish that Cameron had had a bit of Spencer in him and called her on it instead of that suck-up speech to please Joss.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She warned Cameron that he better not pick up a gun while he's dating her daughter even as Carly herself realizes her long-sought dream of marrying the professional hitman .

Meanwhile, Jason's at a toddler's birthday party with his ever-present gun.  Stay hypocritical, Carly.

• Love 12

RE: Chase / Willow / Michael - It is a good thing that I'm not a soap opera character because I would have made a major scene, probably way back at the gate house. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with this kind of situation in many years. (fingers always crossed, though, because life can be unpredictable).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I didn't get to see the entire show today, but I did see where Chase gave Willow yet another opportunity to be honest w/him. Did she take it? No, of course she didn't. She continued to lie! This was the time for her to free herself and tell Chase the truth, but she didn't take it. I loved how Chase rolled back when she leaned in to kiss him. That has to be the FIRST time I've ever seen her go for a kiss. She's usually looking repulsed by Chase. Willow is such pure trash to me.

I also don't care what Chase does to Millow. I cannot stand Michael or Willow. If he causes them to squirm and not be together for awhile - that's fine w/me. No matter what this show does, I will never not be TeamChase. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And was given Aurora on a silver platter. Not that we've ever seen him doing actual Aurora work. For a guy who never took a business course, he's done pretty well.

Were any of his failed relationships his fault? I missed the first ones but Abby was killed and Nelle was cray so not Michael's  fault. He is super wealthy from both the Quartermaines, who he barely tolerates, and the Corinthii, who he loves and admires. He thinks Carly is wonderful and he claimed Wylie without a thought as to how it would affect Lucas losing his son. Not even when Wylie was waking up nights crying did it occur to anyone that he might be missing his fathers Lucas and Brad

He's no loser in the love department, Sasha thinks he's pretty perfect. And now he's got Willow the girl he really wanted.

does it matter if it was his fault? They were failed either way.

I've never got the impression he thinks Carly is wonderful. Appreciates her support but gets exasperated by it.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

does it matter if it was his fault? They were failed either way.

I missed the beginning of this conversation, so I can't say whether or not it "matters." I'll tell you what it says to me, though: Michael is a weak character. He is someone life happens to, not someone who makes things happen.

The only time he was proactive in ending a relationship was with Kiki, and that was during his Michael Without Pity phase, when he was actually kind of awesome.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I didn't get to see the entire show today, but I did see where Chase gave Willow yet another opportunity to be honest w/him. Did she take it? No, of course she didn't. She continued to lie! This was the time for her to free herself and tell Chase the truth, but she didn't take it. I loved how Chase rolled back when she leaned in to kiss him. That has to be the FIRST time I've ever seen her go for a kiss. She's usually looking repulsed by Chase. Willow is such pure trash to me.

I also don't care what Chase does to Millow. I cannot stand Michael or Willow. If he causes them to squirm and not be together for awhile - that's fine w/me. No matter what this show does, I will never not be TeamChase. 

She looked repulsed when Chase said he wanted a kiss from her. 
Girl needs a slap. 

I like how Chase is having a slow burn anger. This is me. I take forever to process things so like when something (bad mostly) happens to me. I'm usually really mellow for a few hours because i need to work things out. then the more i think about it is the more angrier and angrier i get because you're working through all stuff that lead to that moment. 

That's where chase is right now. like first he was shocked then he was like well ya know they love each other so... but like now he's all screw you and the horse you rode on

chase needs a real friend because Austin i feel is just using him for somethin

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Daisy said:

chase needs a real friend because Austin i feel is just using him for somethin

Yes, Chase needs a real friend, however if Austin is taking advantage of this situation to somehow worm his way into the Q family fortune?  That is pure Quartermaine conniving and I can't look down on that.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
On 8/3/2021 at 4:06 PM, mostlylurking said:

Today was the first day I liked nuSpencer.  He gave Trina good advice.

And then today he was an obnoxious asshole to Cam, and spoke like Ava was some peasant who married his father, all to/right in front of Laura's face. I'm happy that Laura scolded Spencer, but it should have been a harder smackdown. I have to wonder, was he going to add his beloved grandmother to his list of enemies if Laura said anything positive about Ava. 
I liked Cam's snark about Spencer's ego.

Spencer was extra-Douche today. I couldn't stop thinking "nothing wrong with that boy that a good kidnapping and prolonged pistol-whipping couldn't fix." Not that I'm advocating violence on this show or anything.

In other news, I hope Austin becomes the friend Chase so desperately needs. His old PCPD partner and buddy Dante doesn't seem to have much time for Chase.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Spencer was extra-Douche today. I couldn't stop thinking "such as shame he's not a Corinthii - nothing wrong with that boy that a good kidnapping and prolonged pistol-whipping couldn't fix." Not that I'm advocating violence on this show or anything.

Ha! Spencer actually IS a Corinthos - he's Sonny's nephew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Ha! Spencer actually IS a Corinthos - he's Sonny's nephew.

Heh - I remembered that right before you commented. Let the kidnapping and pistol-whipping begin!  It'll be good for what ails him.

On a more serious note, I loved Laura in Grandma mode today. And it appears Carly and Alexis were competing for "biggest hypocrite" crown today, and Natasha won it running away.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1

Alexis having no sense of Kristina got sucked into the same cult as Harmony, only it seems Harmony lacked anyone to pull her out, to have any kind of empathy was annoying. Her french mani is also annoying, you're suppose to be in prison.

I know BLQ knows Willow married Chase because he's sick but does she know Michael and Willow are carrying on having sex? I missed some of today's ep, so idk if I missed anything. I'd like that to be the thing that makes her turn on them because it would fit BLQ logic to be okay with Willow pretending to marry Chase, but having sex with Michael while doing it, the way they did sneaking off would be another. Austin now seems to be manipulating Chase but honestly I want Millow to suffer so as long as Chase doesn't get anyone physically hurt he can twist the emotional knife all he wants (but I hope he knows Willow isn't worth actually wanting her back.)

Carly needs to STFU about anyone touching a gun when she's Jason's biggest fan and marrying him. Cam didn't even fire a gun. He's a hardworking kid. Jason kills people for money. 

Laura, it may be too late to tell Spencer to know off giving Cam a hard time, the little snot seems to be set in his ways. Trina won't tolerate shitting on someone for working, though, so maybe he'll be forced to at least fake it if that's gonna be a thing. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I know BLQ knows Willow married Chase because he's sick but does she know Michael and Willow are carrying on having sex? I missed some of today's ep, so idk if I missed anything. I'd like that to be the thing that makes her turn on them because it would fit BLQ logic to be okay with Willow pretending to marry Chase, but having sex with Michael while doing it, the way they did sneaking off would be another. Austin now seems to be manipulating Chase but honestly I want Millow to suffer so as long as Chase doesn't get anyone physically hurt he can twist the emotional knife all he wants (but I hope he knows Willow isn't worth actually wanting her back.)

nope as far as she is concerned they are just making moon eyes at each other. 

36 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, Chase needs a real friend, however if Austin is taking advantage of this situation to somehow worm his way into the Q family fortune?  That is pure Quartermaine conniving and I can't look down on that.

also true (and then well played) but then Poor Chase x2 LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I missed the beginning of this conversation, so I can't say whether or not it "matters." I'll tell you what it says to me, though: Michael is a weak character. He is someone life happens to, not someone who makes things happen.

Yes that's one of the things I was thinking of when I said "there are many annoying things about the Michael character", haha.The conversation started from me saying imo Michael doesn't always win.

• Love 3