Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Am I misremembering Phyllis losing a daughter?  I thought the story was her and Lenny couldn't have kids.  Let me guess: Portia is going to be her long-lost kid.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 12:51 AM, ybrik said:

II believe Sam probably told Dante a half truth. Scout is being shown pictures of Drew and told stories about him. Only it is Monica doing it not Sam.

Yup. I thought the same thing. But Sam wants Dante to think she's a good mom.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:35 AM, tvgoddess said:

Didn't he also try to kill Dr. Andre Maddox? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Correct. He hired someone to stab Andre. Andre survived. Then he hired an assassin to sneak into GH and kill both Andre and Franco, but changed his mind and decided to play hero who "killed the assassin and saved them."

On 8/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, it was interesting that the writers kept having Sam refer to Drew not by name, but as "Scout's dad."  Can't decide if that was meant to reflect her disconnect from her life with him or to remind the audience that Jason isn't her dad.

Probably both IMO.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

Aside from Willow being understandable pissed that Chase tricked her, what makes Michael the better choice? Does he somehow understand her better? Do they are more interests?

I think she has already said it, without realizing it: Michael + Wiley and all Michael's relatives gave her an instant family. She told Carly right before Wiley's birthday party, that she "loves" being a part of the family. It was only her and her mother as she grew up, and she wasn't close with her mom. Then this week, she told Chase she felt completely alone after giving up her baby, when she met him. 
She just doesn't understand that getting attached to Wiley and becoming a member of Michael's families, was not the way to deal with her loss and fill the void(s) of loneliness and heartbreak after Chase and Sasha lied. Michael clearly never gave a damn about Willow's emotional health. He needed a mommy for Wiley and he had feelings for Willow from before she started dating Chase; he only cared about getting what he wanted. I remember when he flat out said he believed Willow and Wiley "need" each other.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, Daisy said:

" Wouldn't it be just better to have Peter kidnap Louise and raise her like Liesl raised Britt? and "Punish" Maxie this way? 

No. He said before the wedding-that-wasn't that marrying Maxie meant "I win" and Faison ultimately lost. He still wants Maxie as the prize.  Having Maxie and Louise with him, regardless if it's Maxie's choice, is a win for him.  He fully intended to kidnap Maxie and newborn Lou and start a new life somewhere.

16 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

So at the end of the day, Nina (Crazy Eyes) Reeves is the real Gangsta on this show. Wasting no time doing what Anna and Valentin should have done ages ago. Go figure. No doubt though, Liesel will get the job done.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Nina calling Liesl at the end.  Look, if I wanted a psycho killed I'd call either Valentin or Liesl, as I'd trust those two to get the job done, so I am here for it.  Get him, Obrecht!!

If she was the real Gangsta, she would have stabbed him while he was in her apartment!  i was appalled that he pressured her to let him sleep on her couch at her "place" and she gave in (this was the first time I heard she was no longer staying at the Tan-O.). Or, there's no way she could have sneaked a phone call over night after Peter fell asleep, telling the PCPD or local police to surround her place without sirens, and then locked herself in the bathroom while they busted the door in and captured Peter?! Come onnnn.

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Couple more things: Am I misremembering Phyllis losing a daughter?  I thought the story was her and Lenny couldn't have kids. 

Not long after they took "Mike" in, Phyllis told him she and Lenny lost a baby. I think the infant died a few hours or day after birth? After that they didn't have any more kids. 

I thought the only positives about this episode were: Finn in supportive big brother mode giddily asking Chase to come camping with him and Violet, Elizabeth and her boys  AND Liesl insulting Jason and Carly to Maxie/Liesl and Britt looking so pretty (their dresses, hair and makeup).
ETA: Also, Chase shirtless at the beginning!! 😁 I missed the first few minutes.  (Seriously, if not for the obvious unwritten rule that Carly and Sonny's eldest must always win, the only reasons for a woman to be drawn to Michael are: she wants to be a mother, financial security due to his wealth, and a bunch of his family members to have her back.)

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9

I am super pleased that Drew is back, no matter who plays him, partially because he loves Monica and because he can barely stand Jason. 

He's gotta give his "mom" super side eye when he finds out how she dealt with the FrankenDrew situation though.  I mean, she basically threw the brother he actually liked under a bus for some freaky ass brainwashed version of who he used to be.

• Love 2

Michael: "Jason, Willow and I are together."

2-18.png

Jason, I had tuna for lunch.

2-18.png

Good thing Magic Mike, the all-knowing, is on the Peter Sinclair story.  He should have it solved in a week.  Too bad he couldn't have given us advance warning about 9/11 or the pandemic. 

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 12

OK.I'm gonna date myself here. I want a Moldavia massacre style wedding with more casualties.

Also: Moss has left the building. He opted out of his contract because of the constant verbal abuse suffered on the Corinthii kitchen counter.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

I think LW must be a good actress, because I truly loathe Carly.  Especially those bitch-faces she pulls on just about everyone. She is horrible.

Whereas MB is a shitty actor because whenever he plays tough, I just laugh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I hope that wedding becomes a mob bloodbath. Joss can eat a bullet, Willow too. You know, Willow who didn't want Julian near her son because he used to be in the mob, but is perfectly content with being part of the foremost mob family. And then there's Joss who is in complete denial. Of course, the denial has a lot to do with her crazy mother. 

If Joss is there, then Cam will be there for sure. 

So on the one hand, I'm glad that Chase is not dwelling on the whole Willow/Michael (CD is growing a belly) thing, but at the same time, let's not pretend that Willow and Michael were not a trashy affair. They carried on an emotional as well as a physical affair. 

I've actually wondered about Willow's reaction once Chase becomes involved with someone and is in a good stable relationship, while her world is possibly rocked by mob violence.

Nina calling Leisl for help was inspired. But Nina is so out of her depth when she tells Leisl that if she (leisl) can't do it, then Nina will??? That's very laughable coming from someone who allowed her blackmailer into her home. 

• Love 10

On one hand, very happy Chase is finally free of Milktoast and Willowtonin and their Lifetime Original movie romance. On the other hand, i wish he layed into them more. But, in the end, really loved his scenes with Finn. Both actors work well together and nice to see him want to go back to being a detective.

I do have this feeling with the whole Peter/Maxie/BLQ situation that Peter is going to be behind some sort of kidnapping of Maxie or BLQ and Valentin/Chase will save them

Is there anyone likeable in this Gnarly/Jason/Joss/Jax storyline/scenes? Like just all shut the hell up. I will say though, if Carly was still played by TB or Sarah, i could believe Carly/Jason kind of romance more, since they have much better chemistry with Steve.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hope that wedding becomes a mob bloodbath. Joss can eat a bullet,

They  seem to be telegraphing that something will happen to Joss, which means nothing will happen to Joss--or she'll be saved by Jason and Jax will have to genuflect to his almighty wonder.

13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought the only positives about this episode were: Finn in supportive big brother mode giddily asking Chase to come camping with him and Violet, Elizabeth and her boys  AND Liesl insulting Jason and Carly to Maxie/Liesl and Britt looking so pretty (their dresses, hair and makeup).
ETA: Also, Chase shirtless at the beginning!!

I strongly dislike Finn, but glad Chase isn't going to be alone if he doesn't want to and thoroughly echo the rest!

Liesl is my #1 character right now. Her despising everything Jason and Carly is me. Britt looked freaking stunning. Jason's an idiot of massive proportions. But Joss takes the #1 in that category. So damn stupid. 

This entire episode was nauseating and a chore to watch. It was just a Superpalooza Millow and Jarly prop fest. Why are we being subjected to this hell???

• Love 9

What was the point of the Joss/Jason scenes? She’s a little old to lament about her parent’s not getting along and to be this naive about the why her dad is concerned and the fact that he’s never liked Sonny or Jason or their lifestyle. It’s like they intentionally write her like a little kid which makes me wonder why they bother giving her screentime at this point. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that they brought on 2 new teens to act messy versus giving those types of SLs to the existing ones. Trina can at least be somewhat outspoken or disagree with her parents. Joss and Cam are total duds

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Liesl's hate for Jason and Carly gives me life to what is otherwise a galactically boring story.

Her 100% utter hatred and unwillingness to give an inch is all of us. 

51 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What was the point of the Joss/Jason scenes? She’s a little old to lament about her parent’s not getting along and to be this naive about the why her dad is concerned and the fact that he’s never liked Sonny or Jason or their lifestyle.

"My Dad knows you're a good person."  God, she's such an idiot.  Also, would love someone to clue her in on "that custody battle when I was a toddler" and how dirty Mommy Dearest played to try and expunge Jax from Josslyn's life.  Although, she's so brainwashed that even if she knew/knows, she'd probably just do that constipated look she's relying on too much and say "I'm sure my Mom had her reasons." 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Her 100% utter hatred and unwillingness to give an inch is all of us. 

"My Dad knows you're a good person."  God, she's such an idiot.  Also, would love someone to clue her in on "that custody battle when I was a toddler" and how dirty Mommy Dearest played to try and expunge Jax from Josslyn's life.  Although, she's so brainwashed that even if she knew/knows, she'd probably just do that constipated look she's relying on too much and say "I'm sure my Mom had her reasons." 

Liesl should team up with Mrs. Woo. Lisel takes out Jason,  Madame Woo takes out Carly. Winning had by all. 

I would have had more respect for Jason had he turned around and said. "Joss, I'm not a good person. I do horrible things, your dad knows it, and he has every right to be concerned." Like i am so tired of people acting that Jax is upset over nothing, or the danger is going to go away because Joss will be in college. 

For the life of me I don't understand how Carly has had 3 kids (4 including Donna) and all 3 are/were A-Okay with this lifestyle (one died from it, one almost died from it, one experienced the death but it's all peaches)

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

For the life of me I don't understand how Carly has had 3 kids (4 including Donna) and all 3 are/were A-Okay with this lifestyle (one died from it, one almost died from it, one experienced the death but it's all peaches)

Sam, Kristina and Molly are also fine with it, Laura props both Sonny and Carly, and Maxie is so excited to plan Carly's wedding to Jason.

Carly/Jason/Sonny is the true cult on this show.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam, Kristina and Molly are also fine with it, Laura props both Sonny and Carly, and Maxie is so excited to plan Carly's wedding to Jason.

Carly/Jason/Sonny is the true cult on this show.

I thought Kristina was anti-mob?

pretty much right there. 

• Love 1

Today's Show

Jax apologizes for ruining Joss's special night. They meet some mobster and Jax's head exploded and says that Joss is going no where near the wedding. cue Righteous Smug Bitch Face. Jax is like this is a mobster. Carly. Go to hell, he's just a colleague. Jax -don't you think I didn't do research on the 5 Families? Carly: HAHA SUCKER, Joss is going to be my maid of honour. Jax: Maybe Joss should know this wedding is a sham? (GO Jax!!!)

Carly is trying to convince Jax that they are getting married for love. Jax is like "i'm not born yesterday, everything you've done is to shore up Sonny's business." Carly is throwing out screw yous and you have to goes. Jax goes. how dare you use your children as bullseyes. What if Joss dies standing up there with you? But i guess you have Sonny's blood money to keep you warm at night exit Jax. WOW! GO. JAX! Carly is starting to have a temper tantrum because Jax told the truth and wants to drink, and Jason takes her away. 

Jason said he had the pool cleared out, and he wants to punch out Jax because Jax doesn't know know what Carly and he are going through or why they are doing this. Here's a question: Did you guys tell Jax why you are getting married? No. You are lying and making it sound like this is one true love at work. Jax isn't stupid. He knows this is a sham. and you are endangering his kid's life. But yah Jason, you wanna go punch Jax because Jax loves his kid and wants her to be protected and his ex wife is endangering her because of Carly's decisions. Stupid scum buckets. Don't care about this memory lane crap. Omg they were going to kiss, and Carly stopped it. thank you for sparing my eyeballs. 

Spencer and Esme visit Alexis. Esme is wondering why "Spence" hasn't told people about her. They see Ryan, and Esme turns around (maybe someone's idea here that Esme is Ryan's kid is gonna be true?) Spencer is delighted that Ryan is locked in. (I think Spencer cut his hair?) Esme goes to Harmony and Ryan. Why is Esme so intrigued about Ryan. she is creepy..  Harmony is telling Alexis to tell Spencer that Esme is trouble. 

Ava is visiting Kiki's grave. Nik is there too. they are rehashing the fact the Nik was "wrong" about Spencer. Ava is like "the danger is real." Ava wishes it had been. Nik is upset that he lost Spencer and Laura, he doesn't want to lose Ava too. He's thinking that too bad Ava and Avery and he can't run away. Ava is like this defeats the point lol is Maura on holiday?

Lisel is all "PETER IS ALIVE?" Lisel is like "you haven't called the authorities? Good. the jailhouse is too good for him. I have better plans." GET HIM LISEL. Nina is all "I'll deal with it myself." 2 seconds later. Peter is like NINA WHO WAS THAT ON THE PHONE?! and Nina looks like she's gonna poop her pants. I trust Lisel more than you on this, Nina.  Peter: threaten threaten threaten...don't care don't care don't care. I can't believe I defended WR before. He's soooo. annnooyyyingggg. Liesl tells Nina to tell Peter to go to St Lucia. Get him Lisel!

Austin and Scotty are talking about the "document". Oh apparently the document now says Edward was GONNA give Jimmy Lee stocks. so. whatever. (such bull).  Maxie and Jax are talking about Nina's new life. 

Mike and Peterzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Basically Mike is all "Nina doesn't like you, get out of town." Mike "you think you're a good liar, Petah?" Phylis is all "how dare you be mean?" I'm so over this. Phyllis needs to shut her trap and go away. Take Peter and Mike with you. 

Cliffhanger- -Mike stutters out that he feels that Peter knows who he is. 

the best part of this show was Lisel being activated and Jax's truth bender. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Today's Show

What if Joss dies standing up there with you? But i guess you have Sonny's blood money to keep you warm at night exit Jax. WOW! GO. JAX!

My favorite moment of the episode!! Really good line read by IR. I actually clapped.

But in what universe is it believable that Jason would voluntarily almost kiss Carly and she would pull away? Talk about sloppy writing given he still considers Robin to be a friend.
I thought the scene at the pool of her reminding Jason of his days acting with SJB's Carly was building to her trying to kiss him and/or having a "realization that she's fallen in love with Jason" next week.  It's like she's trying to tell him in as subtle a way as Carly can manage that they were always meant to be.

Good use of Harmony, figuring out in just minutes with Esme and Ryan that Esme is a bunny boiler and warning Alexis. I really enjoyed Alexis trying to get through to nuSpencer; good work by NLG.

"Smike" gets a clue. Phyllis is useless.  LWB again demonstrates he thinks he's on a stage doing Shakespeare. Peter's threat to destroy her life in Port Charles is laughable; Jason would shoot him before he ever got close enough to Carly to speak to her and there are at least a handful of other people who would arrest/kidnap or kill him as soon as he was seen anywhere.  

Do the writers really think the audience is stupid enough to get on board with a Sonny/Carly/Jason triangle at this point in the Show's history?

I want Robin, Elizabeth, Sam, and Monica to be present at that wedding and laugh their asses off when Carly doesn't get to marry the man she's always truly wanted. (I'm just assuming).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

My favorite moment of the episode!! Really good line read by IR. I actually clapped.

Me too! that was soooo amazing.  and honestly we were talking about it before -Carly wants to believe she is all big and bad and tough and strong - someone rightly claps her down with truth and it's "boohoo why are they so MEAN to me?!" like. pick a lane dude.

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But in what universe is it believable that Jason would voluntarily almost kiss Carly and she would pull away?

it should have been Jason pulling back. No way on this earth Carly would have walked away from Jason kissing her. they really are milking the Sonny is Carly's true love and it's not. Sonny was Carly's consolation prize and meal ticket. Everyone and their mother knows the second Jason shows interest, Carly's on Jason like mold on cheese. come on show. 

6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

His threat to destroy her life in Port Charles is laughable

This is where if I had been Nina i would have sat down tossed Peter my phone and said "go ahead. There's a reason why you're on the run. but sure. go ahead and call Carly and anyone else you want." (so many people on this show get blackmailed and they act so weepy when the right response is to call the bluff. Like Peter is going to come out of the shadows and be HI WSB! HERE I AM! BTW SONNY IS ALIVE DON'T KILL ME OKAY?

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Do the writers really think the audience is stupid enough to get on board with a Sonny/Carly/Jason triangle at this point in the Show's history?

Yes. 

• Love 4

Wait a second, Jason and Carly nearly kissed today and JASON was the one to initiate it?? His Stockholm syndrome finally has full grasp of his faculties, clearly. Hasn't expressed attraction to Carly in decades but two seconds of dancing and he's ready to go! It feels like most everything that's happened with this "relationship" has been filtered through Carly, so Jason suddenly getting demonstrative is just weird. Ugh, this whole situation is agonizing and September 17 can't get here fast enough. 

Nikolas and Ava's goodbye conversation was absolutely heartbreaking. Maura knocks it out of the park every damn time, I swear. These two better find their way back to each other, show. 

It's a pipe dream but man, what I wouldn't give to see Liesl live her best life by attending her conference, fucking Scotty, and murdering Peter with plenty of time to spare to hit the beach of St. Lucia. He has got to GO (for real this time, no more playing possum allowed). 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But in what universe is it believable that Jason would voluntarily almost kiss Carly and she would pull away? Talk about sloppy writing given he still considers Robin to be a friend.

yes seems so OOC but I guess he is trying to go all in and do what Carly wants. No way they are having sex though without him having to take Viagra, i won't buy it

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's a pipe dream but man, what I wouldn't give to see Liesl live her best life by attending her conference, fucking Scotty, and murdering Peter with plenty of time to spare to hit the beach of St. Lucia. He has got to GO (for real this time, no more playing possum allowed). 

Liesl has become such a great character: beautiful sexy older woman, funny, redeemed - well maybe not but still enough likeable stuff by a good actress but the character  andstill evil enough that we can hope she kills Peter herself

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

This week has been my first time experiencing the Peter character. I have watched this show on and off my whole life with the past few years being an off time. I know the actor is Laura Wright's boyfriend, but who thought this guy could act? He has been terrible. He makes MB look like an oscar calibre actor. Just awful!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Liesl has become such a great character: beautiful sexy older woman, funny, redeemed - well maybe not but still enough likeable stuff by a good actress but the character  andstill evil enough that we can hope she kills Peter herself

Redeemed? When has she been redeemed (I am asking)? As she done anything to make up for what she did to Robert, Robin and Liz?

7 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Redeemed? When has she been redeemed (I am asking)? As she done anything to make up for what she did to Robert, Robin and Liz?

I guess I meant redeemed in that as the character she is now is at least a watchable character compared to so many others on this show. So I guess that technically isn't so much redeemed as rewritten or retconned or something like that. I guess that is my opinion, Robin isn't even on the show anymore. I like have enjoyable characters that are actually on the show.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it should have been Jason pulling back. No way on this earth Carly would have walked away from Jason kissing her. they really are milking the Sonny is Carly's true love and it's not. Sonny was Carly's consolation prize and meal ticket. Everyone and their mother knows the second Jason shows interest, Carly's on Jason like mold on cheese. come on show.

SO TRUE!!! There have been various moments over the years since LW was cast as Carly that Carly has either demonstrated or said that she actively thinks of Jason as sexy/handsome/whatever.  Whereas Jason treats her as a friend who often irritates him and makes his life difficult, but will acknowledge if necessary that they were involved a long time ago.

I get that Josslyn is maid of honor because Carly doesn't have any female friends and Michael is best man in part because Jason's only male friend is Spinelli (I assume he'll be the wedding official), but they're acting like Michael never got shot in the head for standing near Sonny. Ridiculous. I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Sonny to go back to PC so we can be done with this awful NF storyline.  It boggles the mind that nurse Phyllis has completely shrugged off Sonny's amnesia despite seeing that he had a wedding ring on his finger when she met him, and is pushing him to move forward with Nina because she just lost her husband.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Jax goes. how dare you use your children as bullseyes. What if Joss dies standing up there with you? But i guess you have Sonny's blood money to keep you warm at night exit Jax. WOW! GO. JAX!

That was AMAZING.  I might have rewound that a time or three it was really good.  Great delivery by Ingo as well.

Lol at Liesl being “activated”….you said it best….GET HIM LIESL!!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I guess I meant redeemed in that as the character she is now is at least a watchable character compared to so many others on this show. So I guess that technically isn't so much redeemed as rewritten or retconned or something like that. I guess that is my opinion, Robin isn't even on the show anymore. I like have enjoyable characters that are actually on the show.

So she isn't redeemed at all - and no I don't count Nathan dying as some sort of punishment because there are plenty of law abiding good people that lose there kids. She is really the underlying problem of this show: a character that is entertaining, but instead of keeping her in the shadows like Helena Cassadine, they make her a moral hypocrite and bring down other characters like Anna down to prop her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Everyone on this show at one time or another has done something shitty. Some worse than others, some more illegal than others. But they're all basically awful people. Except maybe Chase. And Trina.

Well now on this show. But back in the day people like Tracy were extreme with unpleasant personality, but they never caused anyone death or kidnapping. I think in a lot of ways Luke both saved and ruined soaps. 

I would argue that Lisel is firmly headed towards grey territory. She's done horrible things. (I'm pretty sure she's done her time). I think a good chunk of the horrible things she's shown regret. But now maybe 8.5-9.5 times out of 10 she does the right thing. So it makes her grey. She won't tell you she's a good person, but she wants to do better. Maybe i'm biased because I didn't see all the Bad Lisel i only know this one. So i get she's done horri-bad stuff but she looks like she wants to amend for that which works for me. 

27 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

the underlying problem of this show

I'd argue the underlying problem of this show is glorifying the mob and making Sonny/Jason/Carly "Good" while the other mobsters are bad. Those three don't do the right thing the majority of the time they do things that get them profit, power and prestige.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Wait a second, Jason and Carly nearly kissed today and JASON was the one to initiate it?? His Stockholm syndrome finally has full grasp of his faculties, clearly. Hasn't expressed attraction to Carly in decades but two seconds of dancing and he's ready to go! It feels like most everything that's happened with this "relationship" has been filtered through Carly, so Jason suddenly getting demonstrative is just weird. Ugh, this whole situation is agonizing and September 17 can't get here fast enough. 

My thought was TIIC realized how much it comes across Jason loathes the idea of this marriage, and since every male has to love Carly, they had to fix it with this stupid, out of character kiss. He was all about Britt two seconds ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I'd argue the underlying problem of this show is glorifying the mob and making Sonny/Jason/Carly "Good" while the other mobsters are bad. Those three don't do the right thing the majority of the time they do things that get them profit, power and prestige.

Not when there are a bunch of other glorified assholes besides them on the show now.

The problems with this show now are the shoddy production values, the dialogue and the very short scenes that makes the show so choppy.

Esme is so gonna get herself killed by Ryan, isn’t she? Or become his protege. Or she’ll kill him. Whatever she ends up doing, it won’t be good. Like Harmony said, she’s trouble

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Not when there are a bunch of other glorified assholes besides them on the show now.

The problems with this show now are the shoddy production values, the dialogue and the very short scenes that makes the show so choppy.

i've seen you mention this before - and i'll give you the production values and dialogue - but the scenes don't seem any shorter than other soaps in the past. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Esme is so gonna get herself killed by Ryan, isn’t she? Or become his protege. Or she’ll kill him. Whatever she ends up doing, it won’t be good. Like Harmony said, she’s trouble

I've seen speculation that Esme could be working for Ryan.  Perhaps even be his daughter.  I definitely got the feeling today that they've already met in one way or another

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i've seen you mention this before - and i'll give you the production values and dialogue - but the scenes don't seem any shorter than other soaps in the past. 

They're much shorter, at least on GH. Scenes used to be 3, 5 minutes long ten or more years ago. Now they are probably 2 minutes at most.

• Love 5

I can’t imagine SB playing Jason as attracted to Carly, he always plays him as repulsed by her but somehow bound to her, like he’s under a curse. But I would love for the storyline to go that way because I hate Jason and think Carly is exactly what he deserves. 

Love the idea of Esme being Ryan’s daughter or working with him.  She doesn’t seem to have any actual interest in Spencer. All their scenes alone, they’re just plotting and being devious, they only ever touch or kiss when others are around. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I would argue that Lisel is firmly headed towards grey territory. She's done horrible things. (I'm pretty sure she's done her time). I think a good chunk of the horrible things she's shown regret. But now maybe 8.5-9.5 times out of 10 she does the right thing. So it makes her grey. She won't tell you she's a good person, but she wants to do better. Maybe i'm biased because I didn't see all the Bad Lisel i only know this one. So i get she's done horri-bad stuff but she looks like she wants to amend for that which works for me. 

At one time Sonny, Carly & Jason (after the accident) were extremely well liked. For some reason they saw a spark between Sonny and Brenda and they became a bona-fide super couple. They then papered over all the bad shit Sonny did and used Robin good will to make him a "white" hat who did black hat things, and it worked for a few years. They were hedging their bets when Carly blew into town, but when she got good audience response, they went through with the plan to make her Bobbie's daughter to tie her to the canvas. People were celebrating Jason not being boring Jason Q anymore. The only reason Guza was able to get away with it, was because of good initial audience response. Now with the state of soaps, they are terrified of jettisoning any of them because of the fanbases. 

Now her daughter Britt, I think of as a true grey hat and a throw back to that classic archetype. She went to jail and even the illegal she did, like carrying Rocco, did end up help Lante and she has no contact with the child. The worst kidnapping she did was with Spencer, who was never in any danger from her. 

Liesl did a home invasion on Liz with a gun. 

You like Liesl, fine. But I prefer someone like Helena to her and Ava as she was always presented as black hat bitch. 

• Love 1

The looks on SBu's face after Carly dodged his kiss were priceless. The "Whuh?", "WTF?!" and "Are you kidding me?!!" were all there. He gets some acting points from me today! Oh great, now when Sonny resurfaces, Carly will be all "Jason totally wanted me, but I held true to my love for you!!" 

Liesl, if I may quote RuPaul... "Good luck, and don't. fuck. it. up. 

• Love 8

I think Esme is definitely working with Ryan.  Her "surely, he doesn't want me to go so soon" with the pointed look tells me this is not their first interaction.

The only way I'd enjoy this Liesl killing Peter storyline is if I actually believed he was going to die.  Alas, I don't.

Jax telling Carly she can console herself with Sonny's blood money when she gets Joss killed was *chef's kiss.*

And, lastly, there is no way you can convince me that this guy is hot for Carly:

gimme a break.png

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, racked said:

Love the idea of Esme being Ryan’s daughter or working with him.

Please, no more long-lost children. But if Ryan put the whammy on Esme and she's working with him, I'm all for it.

29 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, lastly, there is no one you can convince me that this guy is hot for Carly:

gimme a break.png

I know. Every time someone mentions the MOC Jason looks like he has indigestion. Stop trying to tell us he's falling in love with Carly, Show. He's not.

It cracks me up how they wheel out Ryan Lecter every day. "Locked-in syndrome" isn't unknown, Alexis. Don't be so amazed Esme has heard of it.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Every time someone mentions the MOC Jason looks like he has indigestion. Stop trying to tell us he's falling in love with Carly, Show. He's not.

Yesterday Jason was all like "Jax has a right to be concerned, blah blah blah" to Joss.  Today he's like "I wanna punch him in the nose for being mean to my girl!"  It's all so stupid.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Only when she doesn't need something from Sonny.

Not during the Guza era. God, I miss Kristina from that time, where she'd read Sonny for filth on a daily basis.

• Love 5