Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

When Lauren was still alive, Spencer hadn't been SORASed, so there was a decent age gap. There wouldn't really be much reason for them to interact. But given that nearly everyone called her Kiki, I suppose using her given name is supposed to be a giant clue that Esme is Up To No Good, as if we weren't already aware. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So; I can delete the past two weeks' worth of shows except Today's, because CHARLES! SHANE! MISTAAAH SHEFIEEEEEEEEEEELD!!!!

Why'd he have to play a bad guy? He can't do it. Is he trying for a Russian accent?

There go my hopes for Charles and Tristan being onscreen together again.

• Love 1
Just now, ffwbe said:

CS seems young to play Victor and I thought Victor was dead. 

What show do you think you're watching? Heinrik is an example that NO ONE, well, practically NO ONE stays dead!dead!dead! or most sincerely DEAD.

Thao's Victor was DEADTOME after he blackmailed Robin.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

On today's episode

Jax calls Trina for info on the infamous pasta sauce then heads over to talk to Alexis.   Knowing what i know about the behind the scenes stuff between these two, those scenes were just uncomfortable to watch.  He says: I know something but if I tell, then someone will get hurt.  She says; Butt out.  which means he knows that Sonny's in NF with Nina.  

I couldn’t help but think of the BTS issues, but I actually  thought they did a good job not letting it come through in their performance. 

• Love 13

I didn't watch today's episode, but I've been wondering about two things.

1. Has Spencer been in touch with his uncle Victor? He brought him up a couple of times and he also used his name when he arrived in PC.

2. Ava is going to Europe to put distance between herself and Nikolas. But I've been wondering if she's not also going to join the other kidnapees. If Victor is the boss, which I'm assuming he is, and Peter is his little underling, then he might want to grab Ava for Spencer's sake. No one would even realize that she's missing for a good while until she reappears on screen in a cell similar to one Drew is in. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What show do you think you're watching? Heinrik is an example that NO ONE, well, practically NO ONE stays dead!dead!dead! or most sincerely DEAD.

Thao's Victor was DEADTOME after he blackmailed Robin.

I remember a scene several years ago where Luke and Tracy say in unison “no one in this town stays dead”.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I totally forgot CS was joining the show so I was surprised at who he was playing. Oddly enough, I remember when he was on GH for a few episodes back in the 80’s. He mostly worked with Emma Samms. He quickly went to DOOL and became a huge daytime star. Funny how things work out for people. While he’s a good actor I don’t really think they needed to undead Victor. 

I thought NLG and IR were great in their scenes together. It’s too bad they sorta hate each in real life. LOL!!!! I liked how Jax needed someone to vent to and give him an honest answer. NLG is soooo good as Alexis and gives it to straight. It’s too bad Alexis’s own life is such a mess. 

I liked seeing Kin Shriner & KT working together. She’s been great since she’s returned. With all that said. I have no idea how this all plays out with Leisel, Scott, Victor, Nina & Peter. It sounds like such a bunch of storylines mixed together. I just wanted Leisel to find Peter and kill him once and for all. Now, I have no idea who Peter is going to end up meeting.  

• Love 1

I knew that Victor would be showing up eventually with the name-dropping that's been going on.  I actually suspected that he would be involved in Liesel's kidnapping; but I thought that we'd just be seeing dayplayer guards for a few days-weeks before it was revealed that they were working for him.  Color me surprised, but I'm actually interested in this story (and I'm actually finding myself buying Liesel and Scott's pairing).  I am curious if Spencer and/or Esme is in league with Victor; and if he's connected to Ryan and/or Peter.  

I loved the scenes between Ava and Trina. 

Esme is definitely the brains behind her and Spencer's operation.  It'll be interesting to see how she responds if he gets distracted (by his feelings for Trina, or an actual desire to reconcile with his father).  

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I loved the scenes between Ava and Trina. 

What a delightful pairing this has been and it came about in a totally organic way. 

Anna and Jordan were harder on Scott than they've ever been on Jason/Carly/Sonny and it enrages me.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Unless it's a character I really like like Alan or Tony. Nathan was pretty nice to look at, too. 

I was going to do a hard agree, until I remember that practically the whole cast has returned from the dead, many of whom I like or at least at one time did: Leslie, Laura, Luke, Lucky, Robert, Anna, Duke, Nicolas, AJ, Brenda, Taggert...I'm sure I'm forgetting many!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I was going to do a hard agree, until I remember that practically the whole cast has returned from the dead, many of whom I like or at least at one time did: Leslie, Laura, Luke, Lucky, Robert, Anna, Duke, Nicolas, AJ, Brenda, Taggert...I'm sure I'm forgetting many!

Robin, Jason, Carly, Sonny, Holly

♩♩ What was she to do, where was she to go, Faison threw her out on her fannnnny!

So over the bridge from...somewhere in Europe...to Mr. Sheffield's door!

She was there to sell evil science experiments, but Mr. Sheffield saw more!

She had style!  She had flair!  She was there!

That's how she became Obrecht-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! ♩♩

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 15
27 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

What behind the scenes stuff??

It was being discussed in the GH News thread. The gist is, NLG has been very vocal about there not being a mandatory vaccination policy for GH production, and IR has been pretty vocal about being anti-vaxx. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The difference for me is when they leave it open and when they just do it.  So, for example, we knew Lucky was alive almost from the get-go.  Robert and Anna died in an explosion where they couldn't find the remains.  Jason fell into the water after being shot and they didn't find a body. Brenda drove off a cliff or something, but I know her body was not recovered.  So, that's a soap staple of people coming back to life.

But, when you contrast that with AJ, who was shot and there was a body. Diego who was shot in the warehouse, there were cops all over the place and they came up with that ridiculous story of Lorenzo being able to remove his son that only he could tell was alive from a crime scene,  Lesley who died in a car accident and they had a body.  Jake who was run over by Luke and then donated an organ. Those are the ones that drive me bonkers.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Jake who was run over by Luke and then donated an organ. 

But that's a soap staple, too! LOL. And the donated organ was a kidney. You can live with only one. At least they didn't try to retcon a heart transplant. (Though that I'd like to see, actually!)

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

It was being discussed in the GH News thread. The gist is, NLG has been very vocal about there not being a mandatory vaccination policy for GH production, and IR has been pretty vocal about being anti-vaxx. 

Wouldn't that make them on the same side, then?  Tell me like I'm Sonny.

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But that's a soap staple, too! LOL. And the donated organ was a kidney. You can live with only one. At least they didn't try to retcon a heart transplant. (Though that I'd like to see, actually!)

But, wouldn't the doctors and nurses harvesting his kidney realize he wasn't dead?  That was my point.  It just bugs me to no end.  Not as much as Diego, though.  I'm still very ragey about Diego.  Because not only did they come up with a stupid explanation for him being alive, they ended a murder mystery with someone who wasn't onscreen being the killer and we're supposed to believe that Georgie turned around, saw dead dude and calmly said, Oh, it's just you.  

No, I won't get over it.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Ah got it. I read it wrong and thought there was some sort of beef between I Ingo and the actress who plays Trina. Didn’t realize it was actually something between him and NLG. 

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm reminded of Whoopi Goldberg's character in Soapdish asking RDJ how she's supposed to write for a decapitated character:

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Isn't in Jax's best interest to blab?  He's never getting back into Nina's pants, and the return of Sonny makes life safer for Joss, since since Sonny will stabilize da biz, and get Carly out of it. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Isn't in Jax's best interest to blab?  He's never getting back into Nina's pants, and the return of Sonny makes life safer for Joss, since since Sonny will stabilize da biz, and get Carly out of it. 

It also gets Jax off Carly and Michael's shit lists, which, for some reason, Jax cares about being on. Jax keeping the secret protects Nina from becoming a total pariah and loosing contact with Wiley, but in the long run, when the truth comes out, Jax is at risk of digging himself into a deeper ditch when it comes to the Corithii, which, unfortunately for him, includes Joss.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

It also gets Jax off Carly and Michael's shit lists, which, for some reason, Jax cares about being on.

Nothing even happened with that stupid "blackmail"! I enjoyed it while it lasted, because it's always satisfying to see Michael squirm, but it was ultimately pointless. Ugh.

And Jax was never going to turn over anything incriminating of Carly to the police, so that dumb attempt was just as pointless. 

If this is what Jax is going to be doing on a regular basis, he can trot off to Australia for a good long time, because toothless threats aren't threats, Show.

• Love 4

I might have missed something over the last few months but didn't Victor Cassadine die in the Creighton-Clark explosion way back when? What's their excuse this time for their latest "death/not-death?" And since when was he obsessed with Dr. O? (Wasn't Victor Cassadine the name she gave Nathan for who Nathan's father was?)

I know it's Mr. Sheffield, but when did Victor Cassadine become British?

• Love 1
On 8/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Daisy said:

Austin is asking why he should vote for Valentine. 
shouldn't Austin actually have shares first? I hope he falls flat on his face. Valentine brings this up and Austin is like it's only a matter of time. Austin says he's not fallen off the turnip truck. boring crap. 

I don't know how it is in soap-land, but I don't think that letter from Edward would hold any water in terms of changing the conditions of the will - at least not legally. My understanding is that if there's a valid will in place, then anything else (unless it was signed and witnessed) would not be enough to force a change.

However, I think it might be possible that in the interest of avoiding some protracted litigation and bad PR the ELQ corp would decide to cut Austin in for something, but I don't think that Edward's will would be changed based on this letter. It just seems so strange that everyone is acting as though this letter makes the will change a done deal, more or less. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I don't know how it is in soap-land, but I don't think that letter from Edward would hold any water in terms of changing the conditions of the will - at least not legally. My understanding is that if there's a valid will in place, then anything else (unless it was signed and witnessed) would not be enough to force a change.

Too bad Ned is on his redemption arc, because classic Edward would have been to pay off the judge to rule in the Q's favor.

• Love 1

Yesterday was a nice break from these mob people today.

I had to check my calendar when Spinelli said that it was the day before the weddin, which is September 17. Is this overnight going  to last 2 weeks?

LOL that the only people to show up for Jason are Michael and Spinelli and for Carly her mother, her daughter, her once and future daughter-in-law, her son's ex and her business partner. Carly clearly has no friends.

Why is Carly wearing a tiara and sash like a new bride? This is her 5738th wedding.

I don't understand the tradition of hiring strippers and getting drunk the night before your wedding. Isn't that when you're least interested in another person, and when you really don't want a hangover?

What takes so much time getting Joss set up for PCU? It's the same city even if left something at home it's easy to fix. My  preps for sending my kid to college consisted of buying a fridge for her dorm room. Does that make me a worse mother than Carly?

I did like that Dante is taking everyone to jail (a very Chase thing to do). And Jax is going to Nixon Falls.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

However, I think it might be possible that in the interest of avoiding some protracted litigation and bad PR the ELQ corp would decide to cut Austin in for something, but I don't think that Edward's will would be changed based on this letter. It just seems so strange that everyone is acting as though this letter makes the will change a done deal, more or less. 

that's why it's so annoying. it's not noterized. it's nothing it's just. like a memo "Like memo to me, talk to lawyer about my will."   so unless Scotty is going to contest that the current will is invalid (and how this will be proven I don't know). then this paper means nothing. It just means that Edward meant to forgive Jimmy Lee and include him into the will and it never happened. 

not to mention. that it ALSO  doesn't mean Jimmy Lee would have gotten shares (see Tracey). so sure if it were changed Austin (as a grandchild) would get his whaever percent once the grandchildren shares get readjusted, but they are making it out like he'd be like Michael - has AJ's shares (I'm assuming AJ's went to him ) and his own. 

what you said woulda made a good story. or even like. the whole someone clapping austin in the face with "Well you shoulda taken our deal because you stll get nothing" would be interesting. but getting worked up over a leter that has no legal standing makes no sense to me. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This MOC is going to give me an aneurysm. Bachelor parties for Carly and Jason? *smells toast* But it was worth it to see the stink-face on Sam. I have no sympathy for her in this situation. She's the one who asked for the divorce. 

Can a meteor in the shape of a wedding ring come and take out BOTH Carly and Sam?  Because that's my kind of bachelorette party.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

"I've always felt in my heart that you and Michael belong together." Shut up, Olivia. And Willow, it didn't take you a while to figure that out. You can shut up, too.

And Phyllis, stop using emotional blackmail to force Mike and Nina together. You can shut up.

EVERYONE CAN SHUT UP.

(Sorry, I'm kind of shirty today.)

• Love 16

Olivia was probably the worst but Bobbie was a close second with all the propping. That episode was really hard to stomach. So tomorrow (two weeks time), do you think Carly will be wearing a white dress like she's some virgin? I mean, I hate the meaning behind it but let's not pretend like Carly hasn't already done this 87 times already.

Points to Sam for being interested in Dante without clothes on.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I like that they had Brando be the stripper. I mean, it was beyond secondhand embarrassment to watch, but it was supposed to be that for a change. It was a little gross how much everyone was into it when they knew the stripper, but it's also fairly in character for Olivia to want to get her money's worth. Heh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I had to check my calendar when Spinelli said that it was the day before the weddin, which is September 17. Is this overnight going  to last 2 weeks?

I was just coming here to ask if I had missed something the day I didn't watch that caused them to move the wedding up. Yuck so we are getting a 2 week wedding day.

54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What takes so much time getting Joss set up for PCU?

Especially since it is now apparently Sept 16 and she should be 2 weeks in 2 classes by now

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I might have missed something over the last few months but didn't Victor Cassadine die in the Creighton-Clark explosion way back when? What's their excuse this time for their latest "death/not-death?" And since when was he obsessed with Dr. O? (Wasn't Victor Cassadine the name she gave Nathan for who Nathan's father was?)

He allegedly died pre-explosion because, as he mentioned yesterday, Obrecht herself shot him to keep her secrets about Nathan's paternity. 

Then again, this happened in a lab where a cure for death was being stashed so I guess it's not that much of a handwave.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

We need a good name for this 2 week wedding day/bloodbath.

When Curtis had to leave his bar I was kind of hoping he would be involved in the strip thing too (I know I'm bad). It was too much to wish Dante would be involved.

Although what would have been funny is if Gladys would have butted her way in to Carl's party only to see her son dance. 

Edited by Blackie
Spelling due to typing on my phone
  • LOL 7