Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Communion and Confession

• Start Topic

The feud between Teresa and Jackie threatens to upset Joey’s communion; Jennifer is offended when she learns that Jackie has written an article about her family; Dolores plans an event for a homeless shelter; Milania copes with her detained father.

Airs 01/02/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern

I’m a little annoyed by the lack of continuity from the signs they show of the town and the actual location. Joe and Frank are out in Morristown but the sign they flashed before was of Franklin Lakes. Last episode they showed a Morristown sign butbthe scene was at Jennifer’s House in Paramus. They’ve actually filmed a lot in the Morristown area this season. I grew up there so I can’t help but notice this stuff. I’d never know otherwise.

• Love 3

Melissa likes to pretend like Teresa and Jackie are fighting over her. It gives her a story line.

I think that Jennifer is overreacting to the article since it could have been written about Melissa or Teresa's parenting and private lives, too. All of them live in McMansions and spoil their kids rotten. That said, I think if you want to stay friendly with people, their kids, spouse and parenting should probably be off-limits. I'm sure Jackie would be royally pissed if someone wrote an article "complimenting" her parenting style like that.

"I don't want to see another fight," says Dolores as she starts another fight.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 18

I also think that it's bizarre how desperate Jackie is to make up with Teresa. She won't admit to any wrongdoing and runs to everyone to plead her case about her side, like a dog with a bone. It's a bit desperate. Either meet Teresa halfway and admit partial fault or drop it and avoid her. Either way, stop talking about it ad infinitum to everyone in the room. No one cares.

• Love 14

Last time I watched was the trip to Oklahoma, where Jennifer was a hardcore braggadocious twit, so why is she upset about an article that talks about her wealth and asks a valid questioning about providing your children with everything?  Did she even understand what the article was actually about?  

I feel bad that any of these women have to apologize to Teresa, who seems like a good mother and a fun gal but can also be a rotten human being when it suits her interests.  

Since I've missed the show for a few weeks, I'm not sure how the forum is leaning in regards to Jackie but I already like her more than Teresa and Dolores put together, and she makes watching any scene with Melissa slightly more tolerable.  

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Why are there cuts or scars on Jackie’s neck and shoulder? or was it not mentioned?

Seriously!! What was that on her neck? I didn’t hear a word she said at lunch.  All I could do was stare at that mark,cut/burn??!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I also think that it's bizarre how desperate Jackie is to make up with Teresa. She won't admit to any wrongdoing and runs to everyone to plead her case about her side, like a dog with a bone. It's a bit desperate. Either meet Teresa halfway and admit partial fault or drop it and avoid her. Either way, stop talking about it ad infinitum to everyone in the room. No one cares.

She’s on a show where it’s her job to talk about it. In any case, I don’t see Jackie backing down to Teresa anytime soon. If she were desperate for Teresa to like her, she never would have spoken up in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Way too much time spent on the kids and way too much Jennifer.  Little Joey is too bratty for me.

I’ll take a hyper Joey over Jennifer’s screaming banshee of a daughter. Good lord. What a nightmare. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Why are there cuts or scars on Jackie’s neck and shoulder? or was it not mentioned?

I noticed that too. I thought the shoulder looked like it had broken blood vessels from carrying a heavy bag. That’s happened to me before. I assumed the neck thing was a straightening wand accident or something. Can’t imagine what else that would have been.

• Love 2

So I know the article didn’t say my name but when you skim it it says I spoil my children.......umm what? You are not Jennifer Lawrence you are not Sarah Jessica Parker no one knows who the hell you are. She is way over offended but T is and was pumping her up you feel violated. 

• Love 12

RE: the communion after party....UGGH..

the blue candy table didn't look appealing to me, the donut wall looked like a last minute thrown-together item, Frank Sr commenting on Tre' s body, and who invites their lawyer to the event ?

I know Gabriella doesn't like to film but I didn't care for her turning her head to the camera  (while walking ) and then trying hid behind Gia.

Melissa (and others) is dressed like it's 90 degrees... Delores walks in wearing a London Fog over coat.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

If it is customary for the groom's family to buy/give the bride-to-be a dress, wouldn't the dress be more traditional to the Turkish culture ? Jennifer and her mom are looking at dresses, albiet beautiful, that I didn't think fit the bill, with the bride's family.

Loved to see the conversation with Jennifer and her mom (outside of the kitchen cooking), though.

Melanina having studio session time with rappers???  Part of me thought it was a plug to have another ethnicity on the show..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Jackie is coming across as ultra thirsty to be on the show.

I love how Dolores continues to film mostly make up free in a lot of the scenes. Across all franchises. It's refreshing.

Reading about the ratings has me wondering if they'll shake up this cast or cancel? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The donut wall was so poorly thought out and half-assed. I have been to some bar mitzvahs with serious candy buffets. Scheana's candy buffet at her wedding was pretty impressive too.

https://www.theknot.com/content/vanderpump-rules-scheana-maries-wedding-planner

I was underwhelmed by this. Also cookie table 4 lyfe, but I'm a Pittsburgher. They are mostly at weddings, but I've seen them at communions. For my brother's wedding, I think there were 6,000 cookies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/dining/16cookies.html

I actually can't fault her. She has communicated to her parents that she doesn't like filming. She is a minor. Her parents could refuse to give permission to have her filmed. They have not. The poor girl is left to her own devices. If that's hiding her face or ducking behind an object or a person, I'm sympathetic. She has limited resources and tools. Gabriella has grown up around cameras and still doesn't like them around. Perhaps her parents could be a little bit more mindful of that. At about Gabriella's same age, Aimee Osbourne moved out of her parents house because she didn't want to be on The Osbournes. Gabriella's only other options are applying to a boarding school to get the hell out of there or moving in Juicy's family. And that's really fucked up if those are the steps she has to take to keep herself off the camera.

Aimee was born in 1983 and The Osbournes premiered in 2002 - making Aimee 18 or 19 at the time.  But I agree with your greater point that while Tre seems to get scores of accolades for respecting Gabriella's dislike of being on camera, Gabriella continues to be filmed for this show.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Saw a brief shot of Gabriella and I legit wondered what Gigi Hadid was doing at the party.

Yup..last week I saw pics of Tre and the girls on vacay in Jamaica and I had same reaction.  Gabriella is leigit model gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Jennifer’s children are screeching brats tho. I mean it’s what I’ve seen on the show and that’s not always real life but they haven’t shown anything else. Jennifer is hyping this up for a storyline..lame no thanks. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Yup..last week I saw pics of Tre and the girls on vacay in Jamaica and I had same reaction.  Gabriella is leigit model gorgeous.

Hopefully Teresa is too busy fawning over Milania to notice - she might try to stage-mom Gabriella into a modeling/acting career the way she did Gia in the first season.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

She’s on a show where it’s her job to talk about it. In any case, I don’t see Jackie backing down to Teresa anytime soon. If she were desperate for Teresa to like her, she never would have spoken up in the first place.

I think she regrets it now because everyone is telling her how hurt poor lil' ole Tre is.  I'm disappointed in Jackie for buckling. Maybe the sit down of apology with Tre will turn in to another fight. Who knows. She was clearly hired to stir the pot. I like the way she stirs much more than the way Delores stirs. 

5 hours ago, zenme said:

Little Joey is a brat. 

I can't even imagine when this is a teen. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Audpaud said:

Jackie is coming across as ultra thirsty to be on the show.

Yes!  I don't like her, something about her manner of speaking I find condescending. She acts like she's smarter/more successful than the other ladies, yet she's shilling her life on the same show, trying to secure her spot.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 13

I’m also guilty of buying my kids lots of gifts, so I’m not faulting my friend for her generosity. I just hope she heeds Politis’ advice so her children remain the sweet kids I met at the door. And though I’m not sure my children’s playroom will ever measure up to the one they played in that night, there is one thing of which I’m absolutely sure: I never aspire to have the home that other people’s children never want to leave.  

Contact Jackie Goldschneider at 

That's the last paragraph from Jackie's op ed.

I thought it was fine except for using someone you know to start off an article about spoiling children.  Because the other person is going to wonder why you came to their home and had an inspiration to write about spoiling children....

And the last paragraph is sooooo shady.

"I just hope she heeds Politis' advice..." which is insinuating that Jennifer is doing everything wrong.

Which yes, some of her kids are not kids I would want to be around, but I also wouldn't want to be around a couple of Jackie's kids either or Little Joey, and 75% of Tre's brood.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

No matter what it says, Jennifer is being a hypocrite. She's all, "I brought you into my home and you disrespected me!" Ummmm...look at how you treated Margaret's friend in Oklahoma.

Yes-she can sit down after her rudeness in Oklahoma.  Also-you bribe your kids so they try and make baskets on one of the two basketball courts at your house.  My parents would've just pushed me outside and told me to have fun.

I'm going to preface this with while I don't hate Teresa, I do find her victim portrayal and everyone walking on egg shells in order not to hurt a woman that threw a table and shoved Andy Cohen out of the way a bit much.  But I laughed at the absolute hypocrisy of her saying to Jackie that she didn't want to discuss anything because it was her "nephew's communion" after everyone's behavior at his baptism.    So brawls are acceptable at baptisms, but not communions?  What are the rules regarding confirmations or weddings?  I assume first confessions, rites of Priesthood, and last rites are more private affairs that don't require fighting (having only made it through confirmation).  I also wouldn't have wanted to talk to Jackie about the disagreement at the event but I probably would have just said "I'll call you later." And I've never started a brawl at any of my nephew's life events (although confirmation is coming soon).

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Delores:  did you see the article in the Record?  Jen:  the Bergen Record?  In fairness, the full name of the paper Jackie's article was written in is indeed The Bergen Record.  This is super pedantic but it would be like residents of the Capital referring to their paper as The Washington Post.   It's D.C., THE Post refers to only one publication. 

Point of correction because you'd have to live here to know, there is another paper in Morris County that has a newspaper called The Daily Record. So to say "The Record" wouldn't necessarily be correct since it is entirely different than the Bergen Record. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, esco1822 said:

Point of correction because you'd have to live here to know, there is another paper in Morris County that has a newspaper called The Daily Record. So to say "The Record" wouldn't necessarily be correct since it is entirely different than the Bergen Record. 

Lol, thank you doll.  I getcha but the thing I was trying to articulate was that it's super regional.  The subject, the writer and the caller live in Bergen County.   I warned ya'll I'm a pedantic pain in the ass  :D

• Love 7

So I've never been a fan of Milania.  I never thought that reckless ass mouth was charming or cute or funny, but, her parents.  Understood.  So there's the long winded disclaimer, I still don't like this kid.  However, that has nothing to do with the following opinion:   She sucks at this.   And somebody who loves her should not have let it continue on camera.   You don't even have to have a decent voice to rap.  3 songs in on my kid's playlist and I'm ready to end it all.  But ole producer dude is dead on about what is necessary.  You cannot take your okey doke, induced coma energy, singing on 1 and 3 ass up on anybody's stage and expect to be anything but embarrassed.   They needed to look into kickboxing or junior roller derby.  I can honestly see her getting thrills from knocking chicks over while skating. 

Thank you.  I can't stand Milania.  Okay, actually, her crying and falling asleep at her birthday party on the Italian cruise was funny.  But other than that, the kid needs a swift kick in the a$$.  And, (I suppose I'm going to hell?), good lord that kid is unattractive.  Unattractive personality combined with unfortunate looks.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

Yes-she can sit down after her rudeness in Oklahoma.  Also-you bribe your kids so they try and make baskets on one of the two basketball courts at your house.  My parents would've just pushed me outside and told me to have fun.

I'm going to preface this with while I don't hate Teresa, I do find her victim portrayal and everyone walking on egg shells in order not to hurt a woman that threw a table and shoved Andy Cohen out of the way a bit much.  But I laughed at the absolute hypocrisy of her saying to Jackie that she didn't want to discuss anything because it was her "nephew's communion" after everyone's behavior at his baptism.    So brawls are acceptable at baptisms, but not communions?  What are the rules regarding confirmations or weddings?  I assume first confessions, rites of Priesthood, and last rites are more private affairs that don't require fighting (having only made it through confirmation).  I also wouldn't have wanted to talk to Jackie about the disagreement at the event but I probably would have just said "I'll call you later." And I've never started a brawl at any of my nephew's life events (although confirmation is coming soon).

Anytime there is a Gorga-Guidice event I always assume it will look like they are shooting for My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Hard to tell the difference. 

hqdefault (1).jpg

57 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol, thank you doll.  I getcha but the thing I was trying to articulate was that it's super regional.  The subject, the writer and the caller live in Bergen County.   I warned ya'll I'm a pedantic pain in the ass  :D

But we love your pedantic ass.

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Thank you.  I can't stand Milania.  Okay, actually, her crying and falling asleep at her birthday party on the Italian cruise was funny.  But other than that, the kid needs a swift kick in the a$$.  And, (I suppose I'm going to hell?), good lord that kid is unattractive.  Unattractive personality combined with unfortunate looks.  

And those nails! My parents were hairdressers and I would never been allowed those nails at that age, or hopefully any age. They are horrific.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

But I laughed at the absolute hypocrisy of her saying to Jackie that she didn't want to discuss anything because it was her "nephew's communion" after everyone's behavior at his baptism.    So brawls are acceptable at baptisms, but not communions?  What are the rules regarding confirmations or weddings?

Teresa didn't start the brawl at the baptism. Not even close. If you watch the ep, it was Joe Gorga who went utterly ballistic, screamed, and cried like a child. I can see why Tre decided to tread lightly. Approaching her brother to say congratulations at the baptism lit up a fire storm in public - who the hell knows what a thirsty non-family-member bitch like Jackie might be capable of? This was the smartest thing she could have done. Just because someone is calm in their speech pattern doesn't mean what they're saying isn't incendiary or unacceptable.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Teresa didn't start the brawl at the baptism.

My post said "everyone's behavior".  I'm not letting anyone in that family off the hook.  She ended up being part of it and I was mostly speaking to her comment to Jackie, which I personally found ironic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

Tre's lawyer was at the communion. She ( and whomever else) might be on probation.  Had to look good in front of "company" that could  report to officials who could lock a person back up, call in their restraining order, be involved in a lawsuit, etc.

Also - folks are 7-9 years older by the time the communion happens. Might not be in the best of shape to kick someone's ass in a suit & tie and/or skin tight dress.

• Love 3

Jovani!!! Haha

I don’t think Jackie’s article insulted Jennifer’s parenting or inferred anything about her kids being spoiled. She clearly described Jennifer’s kids as being sweet children. I also don’t see this as Jackie transgressing any boundaries of trust by writing a blog that was inspired by a visit to Jennifer’s house. She didn’t name Jennifer or her kids, she didn’t implicate the location of her home. She didn’t even share any details that weren’t shared in front of the RHONJ cameras. Hell, with the information she shared about Jennifer in the blog, I could have written that article as well because it was everything that was shown on TV. There was ONE shady line in that article and that’s when Jackie ended the article by saying that she hoped her new friend (Jennifer) heeded the advice provided in the article. Isn’t it advice that Jackie (who admits in the article also spoils her kids?) and for all parents to heed? Given that she’s a writer, she probably wasn’t trying to be shady but rather trying to come full circle with the article by making ending it with reference to the anecdote she used to open the article with. So Jennifer admits that her kids are spoiled but her issue is that someone else would say her kids are spoiled even though no one actually said her kids are spoiled. Just because someone references your children doesn’t mean you can suspend all sense and think it’s okay to accuse them of saying something they didn’t say just because your own bias negatively interpreted what they said.

Not surprising that Teresa would take the opportunity to let all of the women know about the article and using Jennifer’s summary of the article when her dead ass didn’t even read it and probably doesn’t even read the newspaper anyway.

I’m seeing a pattern with Jackie and I’m going to call her out on it (though I do still like her so far). Jackie doesn’t seem like a malicious or ill intended person. I don’t think she meant any harm to Teresa or Jennifer. But Jackie’s issue is that she gets defensive really quickly. She’s always talking about not backing down and that’s fine, but that doesn’t mean that in an altercation that there is no room for you to assume some kind of responsibility even if the issue is a result of miscommunication. If you said or did something that someone took in a negative way and that wasn’t your intent, explain yourself before you defend yourself and buckle down with defiance. I understand that Teresa went off the rails real quick on her but had she said ‘I was trying to make an analogy that I thought you would be able to relate to and admittedly, I don’t know all the details and so I never thought it would trigger you like that and it wasn’t my intention to do that either because I was not trying to insult you or hurt your feelings. I’m happy to talk it out and own up to that but I won’t engage with you right now if you’re going to yell and curse at me right now’. She could of owned up to perhaps the wrong use of words without even saying ‘sorry’. So far, Jackie has this much to Melissa and Dolores and Margaret but has yet to say it to Teresa. Maybe it won’t make any damn difference but at least she can say that she has nothing else to own up to. When Jennifer accused her of calling her kids spoiled, Jackie’s first reaction was ‘what did I say that was a lie’? Jennifer was being unreasonable but Jackie knew that from the moment Jennifer went in on her…why would you think the best first reaction would be to say something that dismissive? She still handled it better than the whole Teresa incident but in both cases, I understand Jackie’s position that whatever she said didn’t justify the reactions she got out of Teresa and Jennifer…and in Jennifer’s case, her reaction is based on things that Jackie didn’t actually say.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Teresa didn't start the brawl at the baptism. Not even close. If you watch the ep, it was Joe Gorga who went utterly ballistic, screamed, and cried like a child. I can see why Tre decided to tread lightly. Approaching her brother to say congratulations at the baptism lit up a fire storm in public - who the hell knows what a thirsty non-family-member bitch like Jackie might be capable of? This was the smartest thing she could have done. Just because someone is calm in their speech pattern doesn't mean what they're saying isn't incendiary or unacceptable.

That's something that has always bothered me.  Joe G flies off his handle and Juicy always got blamed for charging and brawling.  At the baptism it's Joe Gorga who screams and loses it first.  In Lake George, it's Joe Gorga who charges (you can tell simply by the fact that Juicy has basically come 2 steps in the door before Joe Gorga slams into him).  Yet, Melissa keeps portraying this innocent picture like it's Joe Guidice who keeps starting the violence.  And it's not. And it's there on camera for everybody to see.  And I don't understand why they haven't clearly stressed that point, especially when there is video to back all of that up.  I don't love Teresa, but if I were her I would have nailed that home over and over again until it was clear.  Joe Giudice is not without faults (clearly, since he's sitting in prison right now), but crazy, table banging, nuts biting, punch throwing, charging neanderthal he is not.   That's the Gorga gene. 

• Love 16