Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Communion and Confession

• Start Topic

Teresa can shut her piehole about husbands being off-limits, considering her incessant ragging on Melissa's husband, and her questioning Delores's relationship with Frank.

@ZaldamoWilder

She [Melania] sucks at this.   And somebody who loves her should not have let it continue on camera. 

Lawd, what a cringefest. Teresa needs to stop trying to push her untalented spawn into show biz.

@sATL, I also wondered why Teresa's lawyer was at the party. Maybe he was trying to collect a payment from his fraudster client?

@thesupremediva1

Approaching her brother to say congratulations at the baptism lit up a fire storm in public -

Teresa's congratulations hardly came from good will  - even Gia knew her mother's intentions for approaching the Gorgas was foul.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

My post said "everyone's behavior".  I'm not letting anyone in that family off the hook.  She ended up being part of it and I was mostly speaking to her comment to Jackie, which I personally found ironic.

It's possible that her comment to Jackie was more about lessons learned. She's come a long way with her brother and Melissa and given the last event she attended for her nephew, she maybe didn't want to risk getting upset and causing a scene which would upset her brother. Not necessarily hypocritical but certainly ironic given that piece of history captured on film. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

think that Jennifer is overreacting to the article since it could have been written about Melissa or Teresa's parenting and private lives, too.

Yes, they all spoil their kids but she literally described Jennifer’s house down to the two story playroom so it was clearly about her.

Just now, msrachelj said:

I don't understand.

It’s a designer that played a role in a fight on RHONY.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's possible that her comment to Jackie was more about lessons learned. She's come a long way with her brother and Melissa and given the last event she attended for her nephew, she maybe didn't want to risk getting upset and causing a scene which would upset her brother. Not necessarily hypocritical but certainly ironic given that piece of history captured on film

Very true-I'm very negative so far in 2019!  Honestly I had forgotten all about the communion until Bravo replayed a snippet-so well done producers for not forgetting.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

Very true-I'm very negative so far in 2019!  Honestly I had forgotten all about the communion until Bravo replayed a snippet-so well done producers for not forgetting.

Teresa and Joe's tempers are so over the top, I don't think I've forgotten any of their nasty exchanges which led to physical altercations between the two Joe's. I've seen snippets of their father to feel confident that they inherited their tempers from him. Their mother always seemed quiet and just wanted everyone to get along.

• Love 7

So, let me get this straight- the "teams" are Teresa, Dolores and Jennifer vs. Jackie, Melissa and Marge (with T vs M staying neutral to each other? I pick team number 2.

Gabriella is absolutely stunning!

Edited by tvfanatic13
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

So, let me get this straight- the "teams" are Teresa, Dolores and Jennifer vs. Jackie, Melissa and Marge (with T vs M staying neutral to each other? I pick team number 2.

I've been thinking about this, because at the moment it seems like there are two "games" (to torture an analogy a bit) and four "teams" in play this season: 

In the "We're Mad at Jackie" Bowl, it's definitely Teresa and Jennifer as captains of team 1, with Delores playing whatever the position is that just tees the ball up for the kickers to kick.  Jackie, Melissa, and Marge are team 2, with Marge mostly riding the bench. Jackie is also the ball. 

In the "Crazy Danielle" Bowl, it's definitely going to be Team Danielle versus Team Margaret. Teresa is obviously going to be on Team Danielle; Delores will end up team Marge in this one. Jackie will probably end up TM; Jennifer will blindly follow Teresa onto TD. Melissa is a wild card. 

It will be interesting to see how the overlapping / conflicting alliances play out. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

That's the last paragraph from Jackie's op ed.

I thought it was fine except for using someone you know to start off an article about spoiling children.  Because the other person is going to wonder why you came to their home and had an inspiration to write about spoiling children....

And the last paragraph is sooooo shady.

"I just hope she heeds Politis' advice..." which is insinuating that Jennifer is doing everything wrong.

Which yes, some of her kids are not kids I would want to be around, but I also wouldn't want to be around a couple of Jackie's kids either or Little Joey, and 75% of Tre's brood.

Yeah....I don't even like Jennifer but I'm with her on this. I think it is shady as hell to be a guest at someone's home (and she was a guest) and then go home and write about it in a mostly negative way. "Spoiling" your kids is negative. I know Jennifer brags all of the time but the visit was on camera. EVERYONE would know it was about her since she described Jennifer's house to a T so just because she didn't name doesn't mean EVERYONE would not know eventually and, of course, the column would get mentioned on the show.

Jackie acts like she's so tough so effin' own it that you were shady.  That article was not complimentary. If someone wrote about what a shitty parent I was specifically and then said "and I do some of those shitty things, too," then I don't see that as complimentary. If Jackie spoils her kids, then write about your own damn family.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

I've been thinking about this, because at the moment it seems like there are two "games" (to torture an analogy a bit) and four "teams" in play this season: 

In the "We're Mad at Jackie" Bowl, it's definitely Teresa and Jennifer as captains of team 1, with Delores playing whatever the position is that just tees the ball up for the kickers to kick.  Jackie, Melissa, and Marge are team 2, with Marge mostly riding the bench. Jackie is also the ball. 

In the "Crazy Danielle" Bowl, it's definitely going to be Team Danielle versus Team Margaret. Teresa is obviously going to be on Team Danielle; Delores will end up team Marge in this one. Jackie will probably end up TM; Jennifer will blindly follow Teresa onto TD. Melissa is a wild card. 

It will be interesting to see how the overlapping / conflicting alliances play out. 

You thought it out so much better than I did Abbottrabbit! Kadooz (tm Ramona)!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Yes, they all spoil their kids but she literally described Jennifer’s house down to the two story playroom so it was clearly about her.

It’s a designer that played a role in a fight on RHONY.

However, I think the general readership of the publication would have had no clue as to who was being talked about.  And as for Teresa - yet again - commenting on what other people SHOULD have done - I would remind her than in her cookbook Fabulicious, she made mean and disparaging remarks about Kathy Wakile, Caroline Manzo and Melissa Gorga - don't recall her calling them with a head's up about it.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
Thought better of first sentence after seeing it in print .
  • Love 13
Just now, Carolina Girl said:

Which would only have had meaning to the women who were in attendance.  The general readership of the publication would have had no clue as to who was being talked about.  And as for Teresa - yet again - commenting on what other people SHOULD have done - I would remind her than in her cookbook Fabulicious, she made mean and disparaging remarks about Kathy Wakile, Caroline Manzo and Melissa Gorga - don't recall her calling them with a head's up about it.  

Except when the episodes aired, EVERYONE who watches would know it and not just the readers in Bergen County.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Which would only have had meaning to the women who were in attendance.  The general readership of the publication would have had no clue as to who was being talked about. 

Except for once it aired or amongst people on the area who most likely all knew that both of them were new cast mates since they were spotted filming. 

There are many ways to right that article without making it concentrated on Jennifer but Jackie acknowleged that is what she did. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Except when the episodes aired, EVERYONE who watches would know it and not just the readers in Bergen County.

This of course presumes that the people who read the article months prior to airing remembered/knew the author was on Real Housewives of NJ. It wouldn't have aired had Frank/Dolores not done their part to spread the word around.  They were the only 2 who even read the article prior to the party.

1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Gabriella is absolutely stunning!

not saying the child is un-flattering - but when was she shown long enough recently to see her entire face and body long enough to see anything ? I all saw was hair.. and a quick glimpse of her face smashed against Nonno ( all I saw was "eyes" and forehead)...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
Just now, esco1822 said:

This of course presumes that the people who read the article months prior to airing remembered/knew the author was on Real Housewives of NJ. It wouldn't have aired had Frank/Dolores not done their part to spread the word around.  They were the only 2 who even read the article prior to the party.

I feel pretty confident in saying there is no way that article would not have aired. This franchise survives on catfight drama.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

not saying the child is un-flattering - but when was she shown long enough recently to see her entire face and body long enough to see anything ? I all saw was hair.. and a quick glimpse of her face smashed against Nonno ( all I saw was "eyes" and forehead)...

I saw enough of her with Nonna to form that opinion.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sATL said:

I am not really seeing it, either. And cannot imagine her modeling because she is sooo uncomfortable in front of a camera. To me, Gia is the most attractive one of the lot.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I’m a little annoyed by the lack of continuity from the signs they show of the town and the actual location. Joe and Frank are out in Morristown but the sign they flashed before was of Franklin Lakes. Last episode they showed a Morristown sign butbthe scene was at Jennifer’s House in Paramus. They’ve actually filmed a lot in the Morristown area this season. I grew up there so I can’t help but notice this stuff. I’d never know otherwise.

They always show that Franklin Lakes sign, no matter where they are. Teresa and Melissa don't even live there!

My final Jen nit.   Delores:  did you see the article in the Record?  Jen:  the Bergen Record?  In fairness, the full name of the paper Jackie's article was written in is indeed The Bergen Record.  This is super pedantic but it would be like residents of the Capital referring to their paper as The Washington Post.   It's D.C., THE Post refers to only one publication.   Nobody who lives in Bergen County and still reads tactile newspapers calls this thing The. Bergen. Record.   She's just so fucking extra.  About evvvvvverything.    It doesn't help that she's completely vapid.  

We have other "Records" here--the Daily Record, for one, though I am not sure that goes to Paramus or to wherever Dolores lives...which I don't think is Begen County? Oh, whatever--but for some reason, thought she was in Wayne. Maybe that's Danielle? I better get back on my stalking game; I vow to, at some point, see these fools out in their--my--natural habitat! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I am not really seeing it, either. And cannot imagine her modeling because she is sooo uncomfortable in front of a camera. To me, Gia is the most attractive one of the lot.

Beautiful picture..

Tre didn't get the memo to wear a mini skirt  and thigh high boots ? :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I don't understand.

Jovani is the designer that Luanne on RHNY wore at her cabaret. Dorinda hooked her up and was yelling out Jovani over and over during the performance because she was mad at Lu.

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Ooof Antonia has her mom's original nose.  

• Love 7

I would think those professionals in the recording studio would be embarrassed for Milania and for themselves.

I understand Teresa wanting Milania to express her feelings in her poetry or rap, but why does it follow that you take her to a recording studio and subject these people (including your kid) and the viewers to that spectacle?  I guess she'll do anything to keep the franchise alive. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, esco1822 said:

So it was pretty much what I thought - she used the extravagance of Jennifer's home/lifestyle, as a jumping off point to discuss a broader issue. To me, it did not sound like she was singly Jennifer out - more that this was a situation that may be quite prevalent in her circles and warranted discussion. The bulk of the article was about how to raise appreciative children. And she never once maligned Jennifer's children, IMO. Quite the opposite; she said they were sweet. 

The only part I found a bit snarky was the final line - about never aspiring to create a home that other people's kids don't want to leave. But....I feel, for all of Jennifer's bragging (and there has been a LOT), that was quite a tame shot. 

12 hours ago, zenme said:

Little Joey is a brat. 

I wondered how Gino felt when his father proclaimed, during the toast, that he'd "always wanted a Joey". 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The only part I found a bit snarky was the final line - about never aspiring to create a home that other people's kids don't want to leave.

I actually took that, not as snark, but as her never wanting to have more kids in her house any longer than necessary since she already has 4. I just took that to be her attempt at humor.  

• Love 18

That's how I took it too. I don't like this Jackie too much but I heard no shade in that article (though maybe she should have at least given Jennifer a heads-up? Done in the right way, she probably would have felt flattered and smug even--like, "Of course you want to base your article on fancy-pants me!"). 

Haha, speaking of (lack of) pants, I have that skirt that Gabriella is wearing!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Yeah....I don't even like Jennifer but I'm with her on this. I think it is shady as hell to be a guest at someone's home (and she was a guest) and then go home and write about it in a mostly negative way. "Spoiling" your kids is negative. I know Jennifer brags all of the time but the visit was on camera. EVERYONE would know it was about her since she described Jennifer's house to a T so just because she didn't name doesn't mean EVERYONE would not know eventually and, of course, the column would get mentioned on the show.

Jackie acts like she's so tough so effin' own it that you were shady.  That article was not complimentary. If someone wrote about what a shitty parent I was specifically and then said "and I do some of those shitty things, too," then I don't see that as complimentary. If Jackie spoils her kids, then write about your own damn family.

But Jackie copped to buying her kids a ton of crap too. I reckon most moms in their area do. I think the point of the article was - how do we counter this, in order to raise humble, appreciative children? The bulk of the article was parenting advice from some "expert" and had nothing to do with any single mom or children. Most blogs like hers will start off with a personal anecdote and then diverge into the broader issue. I read the article and that's exactly what it did. She started with, "So I went to this house and they had all these crazy toys and it got me thinking....." It made her think about a subject that affects her and many others. She even called the children "sweet" at the end. I really didn't think it was that bad. 

And I don't know why she'd really care if people knew the intro section was about her family. It wasn't untrue. It wasn't really insulting. I think Jennifer's OWN behavior on the show would warrant much more discussion than the snippet from that mommy blog. 

4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I actually took that, not as snark, but as her never wanting to have more kids in her house any longer than necessary since she already has 4. I just took that to be her attempt at humor.  

HA! You may be right. I can definitely relate to that. I read it as her feeling that it's wrong to try and lure other people's children to your home when they could be with THEIR families. But I think your interpretation sounds a lot more like Jackie. I dig it. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, snarts said:
13 hours ago, Audpaud said:

Jackie is coming across as ultra thirsty to be on the show.

Yes!  I don't like her, something about her manner of speaking I find condescending. She acts like she's smarter/more successful than the other ladies, yet she's shilling her life on the same show, trying to secure her spot.

Yup.  The packaging might be different, but the contents remain the same. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Probably not for long!!   ;-)  Antonia was what - 14-15 years old?  As soon as she turns 16, she'll be taking a few weeks either during summer vacation or winter break to heal up from surgery because of a "deviated septum".  Happens all the time!   (It even happened to Melissa!!)   

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, zenme said:

Little Joey is a brat. 

So are his brother and sister.

25 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Gia needs a nose job...if Teresa can afford a boob job she can get Gia a nose job.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But Jackie copped to buying her kids a ton of crap too. I reckon most moms in their area do. I think the point of the article was - how do we counter this, in order to raise humble, appreciative children?

Then, imo, if it really just came to her while at Jennifer's, just write about your own family as the example. I will be the first one to say I think my own kids are spoiled and I do think it is kind of a trap that many of us fall into. But I'm not going to go to the house of someone I know after being invited, describe their situation in a very detailed way to show how OTT they are, and then use that as my intro and an example of how rotten our kids (collectively) can turn out. I just think it was all kinds of shady and she admitted she likes to piss people off with her columns. So she was successful.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

They always show that Franklin Lakes sign, no matter where they are. Teresa and Melissa don't even live there!

We have other "Records" here--the Daily Record, for one, though I am not sure that goes to Paramus or to wherever Dolores lives...which I don't think is Begen County? Oh, whatever--but for some reason, thought she was in Wayne. Maybe that's Danielle? I better get back on my stalking game; I vow to, at some point, see these fools out in their--my--natural habitat! 

At one point they must've decided to pick a location central to everybody where it must've been easy to get some good footage of the sign.   The Manzos live in Franklin Lakes so maybe we're looking at years old exteriors and don't know it.   Ok next episode, everybody pay close attention to the Franklin Lakes sign lol.  We're looking for indications that the weather is identical each time, placement, tree leafiness, all that.  Fan out and report back.    Tre and Melis both live in Montville.

Lol ok lemme Jackie-back up and try this again.   Her column is published in the Bergen Record.   A newspaper which features articles and events from in and around Bergen County.  So when Delores (she lives in Wayne btw Teeny) says to Jennifer, a Bergen County resident, "there's an article in the Record about you" (I think) it's more than a safe bet for Jennifer that the paper she's referring to is The Bergen Record.  Which (this was my clunkily made point):  none of the residents of Bergen County refer to as anything other than the Record.   Delores, who lives in Passaic County, called it the Record.   Don't mind me, this is a very Jersey-specific irk and I don't know how long she's been around.   It'd be like pulling into a Jersey gas station and walking towards the pump.  Already doing too much lol.

17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

So it was pretty much what I thought - she used the extravagance of Jennifer's home/lifestyle, as a jumping off point to discuss a broader issue. To me, it did not sound like she was singly Jennifer out - more that this was a situation that may be quite prevalent in her circles and warranted discussion. The bulk of the article was about how to raise appreciative children. And she never once maligned Jennifer's children, IMO. Quite the opposite; she said they were sweet. 

The only part I found a bit snarky was the final line - about never aspiring to create a home that other people's kids don't want to leave. But....I feel, for all of Jennifer's bragging (and there has been a LOT), that was quite a tame shot. 

I wondered how Gino felt when his father proclaimed, during the toast, that he'd "always wanted a Joey". 

12 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Well damn.  Lol.  I might be able to relate a little too much to her awkward ass wording.  I took it as the only compliment in the article.  Like:  your house is so child friendly, I had to bribe my kids to leave.   And, if there's more to that statement the rest of my thought bubble is:  and while it's lovely that your home is so child friendly, I actually want other people's children to go home.  No?  Nobody? Bueller?  

I can't figure out who Gabriella looks like.   I also feel 498 years old because 3 of these children are under 15 and nobody's hem is longer than their fingertips.   But Melissa's wearing a shirt as a dress so maybe I should calibrate my expectations.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I don't for a second believe that that paper copy of the Record, splayed out on Frank & Delores' kitchen island looking like it had been hand ironed by the underbutler at Downton Abbey, was delivered by any paperboy other than the production company. They probably all knew about it beforehand because they all have google alerts set up for each other's names; they just had the Catanias and Jennifer walk through the amateur dramatics of that "reveal" scene for storyline purposes. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Jovani!!! Haha

I don’t think Jackie’s article insulted Jennifer’s parenting or inferred anything about her kids being spoiled. She clearly described Jennifer’s kids as being sweet children. I also don’t see this as Jackie transgressing any boundaries of trust by writing a blog that was inspired by a visit to Jennifer’s house. She didn’t name Jennifer or her kids, she didn’t implicate the location of her home. She didn’t even share any details that weren’t shared in front of the RHONJ cameras. Hell, with the information she shared about Jennifer in the blog, I could have written that article as well because it was everything that was shown on TV. There was ONE shady line in that article and that’s when Jackie ended the article by saying that she hoped her new friend (Jennifer) heeded the advice provided in the article. Isn’t it advice that Jackie (who admits in the article also spoils her kids?) and for all parents to heed? Given that she’s a writer, she probably wasn’t trying to be shady but rather trying to come full circle with the article by making ending it with reference to the anecdote she used to open the article with. So Jennifer admits that her kids are spoiled but her issue is that someone else would say her kids are spoiled even though no one actually said her kids are spoiled. Just because someone references your children doesn’t mean you can suspend all sense and think it’s okay to accuse them of saying something they didn’t say just because your own bias negatively interpreted what they said.

Not surprising that Teresa would take the opportunity to let all of the women know about the article and using Jennifer’s summary of the article when her dead ass didn’t even read it and probably doesn’t even read the newspaper anyway.

I’m seeing a pattern with Jackie and I’m going to call her out on it (though I do still like her so far). Jackie doesn’t seem like a malicious or ill intended person. I don’t think she meant any harm to Teresa or Jennifer. But Jackie’s issue is that she gets defensive really quickly. She’s always talking about not backing down and that’s fine, but that doesn’t mean that in an altercation that there is no room for you to assume some kind of responsibility even if the issue is a result of miscommunication. If you said or did something that someone took in a negative way and that wasn’t your intent, explain yourself before you defend yourself and buckle down with defiance. I understand that Teresa went off the rails real quick on her but had she said ‘I was trying to make an analogy that I thought you would be able to relate to and admittedly, I don’t know all the details and so I never thought it would trigger you like that and it wasn’t my intention to do that either because I was not trying to insult you or hurt your feelings. I’m happy to talk it out and own up to that but I won’t engage with you right now if you’re going to yell and curse at me right now’. She could of owned up to perhaps the wrong use of words without even saying ‘sorry’. So far, Jackie has this much to Melissa and Dolores and Margaret but has yet to say it to Teresa. Maybe it won’t make any damn difference but at least she can say that she has nothing else to own up to. When Jennifer accused her of calling her kids spoiled, Jackie’s first reaction was ‘what did I say that was a lie’? Jennifer was being unreasonable but Jackie knew that from the moment Jennifer went in on her…why would you think the best first reaction would be to say something that dismissive? She still handled it better than the whole Teresa incident but in both cases, I understand Jackie’s position that whatever she said didn’t justify the reactions she got out of Teresa and Jennifer…and in Jennifer’s case, her reaction is based on things that Jackie didn’t actually say.

Jackie's first mistake was assuming Tre knew what an analogy was.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I’m a little annoyed by the lack of continuity from the signs they show of the town and the actual location. Joe and Frank are out in Morristown but the sign they flashed before was of Franklin Lakes. Last episode they showed a Morristown sign butbthe scene was at Jennifer’s House in Paramus. They’ve actually filmed a lot in the Morristown area this season. I grew up there so I can’t help but notice this stuff. I’d never know otherwise.

I don’t know anything about Morristown but I know what you mean, that would annoy me, too,. It seems like a lot of unnecessary editing! What’s the point? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Giovanni is the designer that Luanne on RHNY wore at her cabaret. Dorinda hooked her up and was yelling out Jovani over and over during the performance because she was mad at Lu.

This! When I saw the JOVANI tag in this ep I shouted Jovani! JOVANI! A la Dorinda and laughed silly. I Loved the cross product pollination to RHONJ

• Love 11

Lu's Jovani dresses are a WHOLE lot nicer than what we saw at the store. And what? Did they call the fiancé that they have never met and ask for her size/measurements? The whole thing is very strange. I am dreading the scenes in Turkey (although Istanbul is one of my favorite places).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

At one point they must've decided to pick a location central to everybody where it must've been easy to get some good footage of the sign.   The Manzos live in Franklin Lakes so maybe we're looking at years old exteriors and don't know it.   Ok next episode, everybody pay close attention to the Franklin Lakes sign lol.  We're looking for indications that the weather is identical each time, placement, tree leafiness, all that.  Fan out and report back.    Tre and Melis both live in Montville.

Lol ok lemme Jackie-back up and try this again.   Her column is published in the Bergen Record.   A newspaper which features articles and events from in and around Bergen County.  So when Delores (she lives in Wayne btw Teeny) says to Jennifer, a Bergen County resident, "there's an article in the Record about you" (I think) it's more than a safe bet for Jennifer that the paper she's referring to is The Bergen Record.  Which (this was my clunkily made point):  none of the residents of Bergen County refer to as anything other than the Record.   Delores, who lives in Passaic County, called it the Record.   Don't mind me, this is a very Jersey-specific irk and I don't know how long she's been around.   It'd be like pulling into a Jersey gas station and walking towards the pump.  Already doing too much lol.

Well damn.  Lol.  I might be able to relate a little too much to her awkward ass wording.  I took it as the only compliment in the article.  Like:  your house is so child friendly, I had to bribe my kids to leave.   And, if there's more to that statement the rest of my thought bubble is:  and while it's lovely that your home is so child friendly, I actually want other people's children to go home.  No?  Nobody? Bueller?  

I can't figure out who Gabriella looks like.   I also feel 498 years old because 3 of these children are under 15 and nobody's hem is longer than their fingertips.   But Melissa's wearing a shirt as a dress so maybe I should calibrate my expectations.

Or, calling that other newspaper from North Jersey the "Star Ledger" (it's actual name), instead of just the "Ledger"....

I am with you on wanting other kids to go home after a certain amount of time.  My kids (now grown) have had friends who's parents thought because we had an inground pool, finished basement and 1/2 court basketball outdoor play-court (you know what I mean) - nothing as fancy or elaborate as Jennifer's-, that our house was the "free" daycamp.  I even had some moms who dropped their kids at my house and then, went out to the beach and happy hour while I'm home entertaining/feeding their spawn.   Finally had to put a stop to it all, and told the Moms that the kids could only stay for three hours without another adult as supervision.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

And, if there's more to that statement the rest of my thought bubble is:  and while it's lovely that your home is so child friendly, I actually want other people's children to go home.  No?  Nobody? Bueller?  

This is exactly what I took that statement to mean.  I work at place that has children around all day, every day (and have for over 15 years), and when people ask me about having kids, my response is usually, "I like kids, as long as they go home with other people at the end of the day."  So I am totally with Jackie there!

I also feel 498 years old because 3 of these children are under 15 and nobody's hem is longer than their fingertips.   But Melissa's wearing a shirt as a dress so maybe I should calibrate my expectations.

Yes, let's make sure we are using the right expectations!  Lol!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Lu's Jovani dresses are a WHOLE lot nicer than what we saw at the store. And what? Did they call the fiancé that they have never met and ask for her size/measurements? The whole thing is very strange. I am dreading the scenes in Turkey (although Istanbul is one of my favorite places).

JO-VAAAAAAAA-NI!   JOVANI!!!!!!!

I am not happy that we will be "going" to Turkey with Jennifer - we barely know her, and the little I do know, I do not like!  Why are we interested in her brother's wedding?  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Not a Jennifer fan, but I'm looking forward to Turkey.  Not sure why.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I would think those professionals in the recording studio would be embarrassed for Milania and for themselves.

I understand Teresa wanting Milania to express her feelings in her poetry or rap, but why does it follow that you take her to a recording studio and subject these people (including your kid) and the viewers to that spectacle?  I guess she'll do anything to keep the franchise alive. 

Remember in the early seasons when Teresa kept pushing to show Gia modeling, singing, in her dance group, and doing gymnastics. We've had a very long diversion from that part of her agenda as her financial and legal woes moved to the forefront. But I don't think she's ever abandoned her goal to foist her children on us.

• Love 6

At one point they must've decided to pick a location central to everybody where it must've been easy to get some good footage of the sign.   

Maybe Caroline is behind this--she wants to remind us that she's still lurking around Jersey!

• Love 4