Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Communion and Confession

• Start Topic

I don't particularly like either Jackie or Jennifer, but I feel like they're bringing from an entertainment perspective -- without necessarily being overly hungry -- in a way that few newbies do. 

• Love 3

Last week I decided that Jackie was my new spirit animal, and she still is. She spoke the truth and didn’t back down from Tre.

While her article on raising spoiled children didn’t single out Jennifer in particular, it was pretty obvious it was about Jennifer, and somewhat shady. No matter if it was her musing on what had happened, she should have known it would have caused an over the top reaction from “real housewives”.

If she had watched previous seasons of RHONJ she should have known that an explosion would take place. However, I think watching the real housewives behind the cage (I mean, TV) must be very different than experiencing them in the wild. 

I think Jennifer’s over the top reaction had a lot to do with the fact that Jackie really hit home and touched vulnerabilities of Jennifer’s part. She already has her husband saying she spoils them and gives into them, so it may have pushed a lot of buttons. To me, it feels like Jennifer is overcompensating with her strict upbringing by being too lenient with her kids. Now she had 5 brats and a not so great husband IMO.

Overcorecting problems and issues tends to produce a different set of problems.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Yeah....I don't even like Jennifer but I'm with her on this. I think it is shady as hell to be a guest at someone's home (and she was a guest) and then go home and write about it in a mostly negative way. "Spoiling" your kids is negative. I know Jennifer brags all of the time but the visit was on camera. EVERYONE would know it was about her since she described Jennifer's house to a T so just because she didn't name doesn't mean EVERYONE would not know eventually and, of course, the column would get mentioned on the show.

Yes!  Thank you!  I can't stand Jennifer, but what Jackie did was straight-up shady.  Yeah, she called the kids "sweet" to create plausible deniability, but she literally said she does not aspire to parent in the way that Jen does and questioned whether Jen's kids are going to continue to be sweet when they grow up.  I mean, what??  I would be pissed.  And, to me, it doesn't matter that Jennifer herself has called her kids spoiled (and that they are spoiled -- which, I think objectively they are.  Again, no love for Jennifer here!) -- it is a whole different ball of wax when someone else comes for your kids.  I can't believe so many are viewing the piece as complimentary and see Jennifer as overreacting. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Frank and Joe Gorga getting their own scene makes me irrationally angry. 

I would agree, but I essentially liked Frank telling Joe Gorga to spend more time with his Dad.  Let's see if Joe will listen to another guy, as opposed to his sister.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

If she had watched previous seasons of RHONJ she should have known that an explosion would take place. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it was precisely for that reason and the ensuing air time.

I think the drive for most to sign on for these shows is either money, promotion, narcissism, or exhibitionism.  Plays for camera attention are necessary regardless of the reason they are there.  

• Love 6
On 1/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, sATL said:

RE: the communion after party....UGGH..

the blue candy table didn't look appealing to me, the donut wall looked like a last minute thrown-together item, Frank Sr commenting on Tre' s body, and who invites their lawyer to the event ?

I know Gabriella doesn't like to film but I didn't care for her turning her head to the camera  (while walking ) and then trying hid behind Gia.

Melissa (and others) is dressed like it's 90 degrees... Delores walks in wearing a London Fog over coat.

Burberry. Frank made a point to show us the lining. Lol

• Love 4
16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Or, calling that other newspaper from North Jersey the "Star Ledger" (it's actual name), instead of just the "Ledger"....

I am with you on wanting other kids to go home after a certain amount of time.  My kids (now grown) have had friends who's parents thought because we had an inground pool, finished basement and 1/2 court basketball outdoor play-court (you know what I mean) - nothing as fancy or elaborate as Jennifer's-, that our house was the "free" daycamp.  I even had some moms who dropped their kids at my house and then, went out to the beach and happy hour while I'm home entertaining/feeding their spawn.   Finally had to put a stop to it all, and told the Moms that the kids could only stay for three hours without another adult as supervision.  

Um, I feel like this is an invitation.  Whatchyall doin Sunday?

• Love 23
2 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

We've seen Rails so much the last few years, it's starting to make me miss The Brownstone. 

If Jackie really wants to piss off Tre she should have an event there.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

We've seen Rails so much the last few years, it's starting to make me miss The Brownstone. 

Brownstone means Manzos.

Oh hell fucking no!

I don't miss that place or those troglodytes one bit.

• Love 11
On 1/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

JOVANI !!!! Jovaniiiii!!!! 

I hear "Joviani" and the first thing I think of is a spittle spraying, drunk Dorinda spewing and shouting in Dorindish.

• Love 18

Jackie can kick rocks. 

This is what she does: uses incredibly personal and sensitive issue related to the people in her circle as "objective examples" in a case that she's making about another topic. It's a jab packaged as logical argumentation. 

Do I think that Teresa is a hypocrite and generally unlikable person? Sure. But Jackie using what is clearly a sore subject for her as an example of "how wives can't control their wives" was unnecessarily inflammatory. True, sure. But not everything that is true needs to be thrown in people faces, especially if you expect to want to be invited to film with them throughout the season. Does Jennifer spoil her kids? Sure. But using Jennifer's parenting (because it was a jab at Jennifer, with her kids as collateral damage) as the "bad object" in your article -- literally, the entire fucking article is about the problems of the "wrong" way of parenting -- is super shitty. 

Jennifer thinks that just because she can string a few words together (because homegirl is not nearly as intelligent as she believes herself to be) and because she doesn't scream, that somehow her argument style is without fault. But she is shady and nasty and, personally, I prefer the "honest" emotion of Teresa yelling in anger over Jackie's condescending and chickenshit practice of throwing a rock and hiding her hand. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

What is:  what happens when your parents have too much disposable income? Alex.    {{takesdeepcleansingbreath}} disrespect packaged as precociousness bugs the hell outta me.  So I've never been a fan of Milania.  I never thought that reckless ass mouth was charming or cute or funny, but, her parents.  Understood.  So there's the long winded disclaimer, I still don't like this kid.  However, that has nothing to do with the following opinion:   She sucks at this.   And somebody who loves her should not have let it continue on camera.   You don't even have to have a decent voice to rap.  3 songs in on my kid's playlist and I'm ready to end it all.  But ole producer dude is dead on about what is necessary.  You cannot take your okey doke, induced coma energy, singing on 1 and 3 ass up on anybody's stage and expect to be anything but embarrassed.   They needed to look into kickboxing or junior roller derby.  I can honestly see her getting thrills from knocking chicks over while skating. 

It may depend on our definition of success, but I will say she and Marge are the only women who work - wait before anybody pulls Delores or Melissa out their ass, they work on/in enterprises created for their sole proprietorship and funded by their husbands.  That's *work* as more of a concept than obligation.  Jury might still be out on successful but {{whispers}} I think she is smarter than the other women and she's trying to secure her spot.   She's demonstrated the ability to make a point without bursting a capillary, to laugh at herself, to empathize and the willingness to see herself as being in the wrong if it's pointed out.   It sounds a little too normal for Bravo, but it's a check I'd take lol.    

This Jennifer girl irks my whole damn soul.    The episode opens with a member of the herd screaming in A minor at something early enough o' clock in the morning that the point of her glee is being the self appointed paul revere.   If the editing is uncut, Jen reacts by turning toward the shriek with an alarmed look on her face, then mock pursuing the precious little gumdrop, while giggling.   Whenever and by whomever she's being told she's indulgent and non disciplinarian, remind me what the basis of her umbrage is again?   I feel like I grew up and parented on an entirely different planet.  Blood curdling sounds were reserved for circumstances of a dire nature.  You betta had needed to go to the hospital.    Screaming as a form of communication?  I wish I would.

giphy-downsized.gif?cid=3640f6095c1a8da2

My final Jen nit.   Delores:  did you see the article in the Record?  Jen:  the Bergen Record?  In fairness, the full name of the paper Jackie's article was written in is indeed The Bergen Record.  This is super pedantic but it would be like residents of the Capital referring to their paper as The Washington Post.   It's D.C., THE Post refers to only one publication.   Nobody who lives in Bergen County and still reads tactile newspapers calls this thing The. Bergen. Record.   She's just so fucking extra.  About evvvvvverything.    It doesn't help that she's completely vapid.  

I have no idea what a communion party is supposed to look like but at least now, Jesus is in Joey's heart.   Donut Wall?  So.  They're just glaze-stuck to an existing surface?....that folk have leaned on.....fingerprinted and had blowouts in front of?  and you go up and pluck one at will?  Is that how this works?   Because, I mean.  A croquembouche tower with munchkins wouldn'tve done the trick then or...?

I laughed at the difference in franchise *etiquette* when Tre and Frank were going back and forth about her behind still being a bubble.   I said these chicks' tolerance and boundary levels are set up all types of different.   RHOA's starting a fucking riot if you talking about their husbands.  Turning around and showing him your ass?   Protect ya neck.

tenor.gif

a to z, that whole thing was shady lol!  I think the part I'm struggling with was that given how boastful Jen is, what is she offended about exactly? (no snark, I really wanna know).   Was it as simple as what she said?  I can say what I want about me and mine, but you can't? 

Does anybody think part of Joe's reluctance to follow a suggestion like Frank had - pick your dad up and take him out for lunch or something - has anything to do with his - I don't want to call this an inability, I don't know - but with their dad's uncommunicative default?  I know he just had Lasik but before this, this is not a man who seems like more than a one word conversationalist.   In a room with 50 people, a dj and music, he said the food is very good.   Ya'll what would they even talk about? 

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I completely agree with your post!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

That's something that has always bothered me.  Joe G flies off his handle and Juicy always got blamed for charging and brawling.  At the baptism it's Joe Gorga who screams and loses it first.  In Lake George, it's Joe Gorga who charges (you can tell simply by the fact that Juicy has basically come 2 steps in the door before Joe Gorga slams into him).  Yet, Melissa keeps portraying this innocent picture like it's Joe Guidice who keeps starting the violence.  And it's not. And it's there on camera for everybody to see.  And I don't understand why they haven't clearly stressed that point, especially when there is video to back all of that up.  I don't love Teresa, but if I were her I would have nailed that home over and over again until it was clear.  Joe Giudice is not without faults (clearly, since he's sitting in prison right now), but crazy, table banging, nuts biting, punch throwing, charging neanderthal he is not.   That's the Gorga gene. 

Juicy and Tre have a habit of slipping in those constant, biting barbs that build up so their intended victim explodes verbally and/or physically,  it's not just toward Joe Gorga they did it & do it to eveyone. 

Edited by Giselle
Coffee hasn't kicked in.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don’t like Jennifer one bit. She’s a snake and so very passive aggressive. I can’t figure her angle out, but I will....

She might be all of those things but I LOVE her because she has real money unlike these other shady NJ howives. I love how that she is kidcentric, curvy not exercise obsessed and can outspend them all hands down, AND that they are green with envy. Such a great addition to the status quo of this group. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Portae said:

Jackie can kick rocks. 

This is what she does: uses incredibly personal and sensitive issue related to the people in her circle as "objective examples" in a case that she's making about another topic. It's a jab packaged as logical argumentation. 

Do I think that Teresa is a hypocrite and generally unlikable person? Sure. But Jackie using what is clearly a sore subject for her as an example of "how wives can't control their wives" was unnecessarily inflammatory. True, sure. But not everything that is true needs to be thrown in people faces, especially if you expect to want to be invited to film with them throughout the season. Does Jennifer spoil her kids? Sure. But using Jennifer's parenting (because it was a jab at Jennifer, with her kids as collateral damage) as the "bad object" in your article -- literally, the entire fucking article is about the problems of the "wrong" way of parenting -- is super shitty. 

Jennifer thinks that just because she can string a few words together (because homegirl is not nearly as intelligent as she believes herself to be) and because she doesn't scream, that somehow her argument style is without fault. But she is shady and nasty and, personally, I prefer the "honest" emotion of Teresa yelling in anger over Jackie's condescending and chickenshit practice of throwing a rock and hiding her hand. 

Agree with nearly every bit of this.  But, shittilly, it's what I love about her lol.  The only part I disagreed with was that she hides her hand.    When I think of that phrase, I think of somebody who does something gulp-worthy then gets all Miss Scarlett who me?  Fiddle dee dee wh'y whatever could you possibly mean?   I did miss a couple of episodes but so far what I've seen of Jackie is that her typical response to objection is to agree then ask if any of what she said was inaccurate.    Which, to your point doesn't make her the boss of being heavily opinionated, even though, being opinionated is kind of what she does for a living.  I'm rambling but I mean that what I enjoy is that her confrontations make them look their ridiculousness in the mirror.  Jen does have the trappings of Queen Abdullah of Jordan, forcing her to read what she's said to her friends out loud makes her sound like an asshole.  Maybe noone's ever told her she's an asshole before.  That's what I think the difference between Jackie and everybody else is (maybe even Delores and Marge) if you said to them, you're a little bit of a dick.  You haven't known me long enough to tell for sure but yeah alright, I can be.  And keep it moving.   This houswifeesque keeping it real only bothers me when the person doing the shit talking doesn't include themselves.  

23 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

That's something that has always bothered me.  Joe G flies off his handle and Juicy always got blamed for charging and brawling.  At the baptism it's Joe Gorga who screams and loses it first.  In Lake George, it's Joe Gorga who charges (you can tell simply by the fact that Juicy has basically come 2 steps in the door before Joe Gorga slams into him).  Yet, Melissa keeps portraying this innocent picture like it's Joe Guidice who keeps starting the violence.  And it's not. And it's there on camera for everybody to see.  And I don't understand why they haven't clearly stressed that point, especially when there is video to back all of that up.  I don't love Teresa, but if I were her I would have nailed that home over and over again until it was clear.  Joe Giudice is not without faults (clearly, since he's sitting in prison right now), but crazy, table banging, nuts biting, punch throwing, charging neanderthal he is not.   That's the Gorga gene. 

Now see the reason I wasn't finna say anything is because my memory ain't shit.    But lol:

50 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Juicy and Tre have a habit of slipping in those constant, biting barbs that build up so their intended victim explodes verbally or physically,  it's not just toward Joe Gorga they did it & do it to eveyone. 

Then Bravo messed up and replayed that clip from years ago.  What I saw was Juicy return to a lobby he'd already left.  Now look lol, I'm no fight club expert but here's the thing.  If we're escalating and you leave the room, I'm cool.  But then, you turn around, come back, fastwalk towards me and tell me to apologize?  Lol!  Beybay, where I'm from, that means hold these earrings cause this bish want these hands.    I promise I wasn't gonna say a thing and I don't recall even having a bias at that point, but they way I saw it, Gorga was responding to what Juicy brought back into the room.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would agree, but I essentially liked Frank telling Joe Gorga to spend more time with his Dad.  Let's see if Joe will listen to another guy, as opposed to his sister.

I thought it was pretty funny that Frank said that when his dad calls he "drops everything" to be there for his dad.  What is he even doing with his time, now that he's disbarred, other than holding his ex's coat at howife functions?  Not that I believe JoeGo is "working 15 hours a day" either...

• Love 16
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Um, I feel like this is an invitation.  Whatchyall doin Sunday?

Ha-ha!!  Alas, we sold that house a while ago, and downsized.  We got tired of taking care of other people's kids all that property after our kids had grown.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Portae said:

thinks that just because she can string a few words together (because homegirl is not nearly as intelligent as she believes herself to be) and because she doesn't scream, that somehow her argument style is without fault. But she is shady and nasty and, personally, I prefer the "honest" emotion of Teresa yelling in anger over Jackie's condescending and chickenshit practice of throwing a rock and hiding her hand. 

Yep.  And she can take several seats with her "How could she get so aggressive and yell in my face like that?!  Well, I never!"  This show is on its ninth season, biznatch.  We all know what it is.  You can't accept a job as a RHO and then say you're offended by the screaming arguments.  That's like taking a job as a lifeguard and then getting annoyed that you're wet. 

• Love 8

I did a Scobby head turn when Frank told Delores that the kiss she gave him was like a kiss from his grandma. What kind of morning kiss does he usually get from his ex-wife that he is residing with? In the previous episode in her TH, Delores said Frank should have told her about the disbarment because she's the closest to him. That's another part of her boundary issues. And the numskull wonders why she can't get a man.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She might be all of those things but I LOVE her because she has real money unlike these other shady NJ howives. I love how that she is kidcentric, curvy not exercise obsessed and can outspend them all hands down, AND that they are green with envy. Such a great addition to the status quo of this group. 

Wait....I must have the wrong name. I hate the blonde who writes for the Penny Saver flyer. Lol. What’s her name? I like who you’re describng. That must be the Turkish girl. Lol

• Love 4
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Remember in the early seasons when Teresa kept pushing to show Gia modeling, singing, in her dance group, and doing gymnastics. We've had a very long diversion from that part of her agenda as her financial and legal woes moved to the forefront. But I don't think she's ever abandoned her goal to foist her children on us.

21 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I would think those professionals in the recording studio would be embarrassed for Milania and for themselves.

I understand Teresa wanting Milania to express her feelings in her poetry or rap, but why does it follow that you take her to a recording studio and subject these people (including your kid) and the viewers to that spectacle?  I guess she'll do anything to keep the franchise alive. 

Milania is at a difficult age to begin with...middle school is the most awkward time of all for any kid let alone a kid that has family issues that are blasted on national TV along with a father that is doing time and a mother that is parading around in bikinis all the time. But her interest in rap shouldn't automatically lead to a session with professional musicians and producers! Teresa is desperate to get one of her daughters to be stars and all they really want, it seems to me, is to have normal lives. It seems like her kids don't really like her...look at how they run away when she demands that they kiss her or how Milania groans and rolls her eyes when Teresa attempts to have a mother/daughter talk with her. She doesn't really discipline them and they run roughshod over her. She's very awkward in her attempts to "mother" them...the awkwardness is cringeworthy. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I don’t like Jennifer one bit. She’s a snake and so very passive aggressive. I can’t figure her angle out, but I will....

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

11 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Wait....I must have the wrong name. I hate the blonde who writes for the Penny Saver flyer. Lol. What’s her name? I like who you’re describng. That must be the Turkish girl. Lol

I thought you said Jennifer (who is Turkish). Jackie is the one who wrote the spoiled kids column. I LOVED Jackie the article writer for SLAMMING Tre about why is Juicy in jail if a wife can control her husband. I LOVED THAT. But I agree with you. When she sneaked out of taking responsibility of the article she wrote about Jennifer my props for her and love disintegrated. IMHO she wrote that article about Jennifer's kids, kids are off limits. It might be true and does not mention names but come ON....this article now went nationwide right after their visit to her house due to being on the show. And that sucks and she won't own that.  She now sucks IMHO. 

• Love 4

Jackie is a columnist...not a journalist. She needs to stop calling herself a journalist. She writes a column on soccer mom issues...that's a far cry from investigative journalism. And while I have no problem with her piece on spoiled, entitled suburban white kids, I do have a problem with the way she did it. She could have done it without being so specific about the house and other details that it made it so apparent that she was talking about Jennifer and her family. It seems to me to breach a personal relationship and Jennifer's hospitality. Having said all that, I agree that Jennifer herself is a spoiled TAP...Turkish American Princess. There's something very obnoxious about the way she brags about her material possessions and bourgeois lifestyle. We see for ourselves how she bribes her children with "presents" in order to get them to behave. Where does she think this is going? When all of these kids are teenagers she will be sorry she didn't nip this in the bud  when they were younger. Her husband seems uninterested in his family...on his days off he hangs out with his friends instead of his kids? Talk about an unplugged parent...and the misogyny in their culture is nauseating. Her mother was unsupportive of Jennifer in her complaint that her husband doesn't spend any time with the family and prefers to be with his friends when he has time off...her mother said she supported Jennifer's husband! Her husband doesn't seem like a very forward thinking man...as long as he is the earner and she is the spender, he feels entitled to do what he likes and leave the children and their needs, etc..to her. I don't see the dynamic changing here since it seems to be so ingrained in their cultural background.  I would like to see Jennifer's kids at least have their hair combed and not look so disheveled and messy. They all look like ragamuffins most of the time...not at all like children of a doctor that live in a McMansion.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I thought you said Jennifer (who is Turkish). Jackie is the one who wrote the spoiled kids column. I LOVED Jackie the article writer for SLAMMING Tre about why is Juicy in jail if a wife can control her husband. I LOVED THAT. But I agree with you. When she sneaked out of taking responsibility of the article she wrote about Jennifer my props for her and love disintegrated. IMHO she wrote that article about Jennifer's kids, kids are off limits. It might be true and does not mention names but come ON....this article now went nationwide right after their visit to her house due to being on the show. And that sucks and she won't own that.  She now sucks IMHO. 

Omg. I’m sooo confused and I’m the one who started it. I hate the columnist. I’m not going to edit my post because then it will be hella more confusing. I hate the blond who writes articles. 

• Love 6

So this Milania rapping thing is a real thing like for money?  I thought this was just a special visit to the studio to cheer Milania up thing.  There is going to be a lot more editing and auto tune to make that track ready for sale.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Agree with nearly every bit of this.  But, shittilly, it's what I love about her lol.  The only part I disagreed with was that she hides her hand.    When I think of that phrase, I think of somebody who does something gulp-worthy then gets all Miss Scarlett who me?  Fiddle dee dee wh'y whatever could you possibly mean?   I did miss a couple of episodes but so far what I've seen of Jackie is that her typical response to objection is to agree then ask if any of what she said was inaccurate.    Which, to your point doesn't make her the boss of being heavily opinionated, even though, being opinionated is kind of what she does for a living.  I'm rambling but I mean that what I enjoy is that her confrontations make them look their ridiculousness in the mirror.  Jen does have the trappings of Queen Abdullah of Jordan, forcing her to read what she's said to her friends out loud makes her sound like an asshole.  Maybe noone's ever told her she's an asshole before.  That's what I think the difference between Jackie and everybody else is (maybe even Delores and Marge) if you said to them, you're a little bit of a dick.  You haven't known me long enough to tell for sure but yeah alright, I can be.  And keep it moving.   This houswifeesque keeping it real only bothers me when the person doing the shit talking doesn't include themselves.  

Now see the reason I wasn't finna say anything is because my memory ain't shit.    But lol:

Then Bravo messed up and replayed that clip from years ago.  What I saw was Juicy return to a lobby he'd already left.  Now look lol, I'm no fight club expert but here's the thing.  If we're escalating and you leave the room, I'm cool.  But then, you turn around, come back, fastwalk towards me and tell me to apologize?  Lol!  Beybay, where I'm from, that means hold these earrings cause this bish want these hands.    I promise I wasn't gonna say a thing and I don't recall even having a bias at that point, but they way I saw it, Gorga was responding to what Juicy brought back into the room.

I agree with you all over again a second time.

I too think the editing monkeys were up to monkey business and not showing everything that led up to the explosion,  they only showed Joe G charging Juicy and not Teresa working both of them up. In another clip they also showed Little Joey's christening and only showed Teresa congratulating her brother and him having none if it. Even if that wasn't the case, and I may be wrong, I believe in the last instance this was Joe & Melissa's first season and Teresa was already pissed that they and Kathy were filming, the dumb ass was still pissed over sprinkle cookies, still pissed about a poorly written house warming card, and who knows what else. Tre and Joe were more than likely running their mouths nonstop as they usually do.

Edited by Giselle
Clarity
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I agree with you all over again a second time.

I too think the editing monkeys were up to monkey business and not showing everything that led up to the explosion,  they only showed Joe G charging Juicy and not Teresa working both of them up. In another clip they also showed Little Joey's christening and only showed Teresa congratulating her brother and him having none if it. Even if that wasn't the case, and I may be wrong, I believe in the last instance this was Joe & Melissa's first season and Teresa was already pissed that they and Kathy were filming, the dumb ass was still pissed over sprinkle cookies, still pissed about a poorly written house warming card, and who knows what else. She and Joe were more than likely running her mouth nonstop as they usually do.

JoeGo has commented that Teresa had nothing to do with them for two years prior. When they came on the show she acted all lovey and the hypocrisy just chipped him off. Someone will need to explain the big words in this post to JoeGo.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

I am not really seeing it, either. And cannot imagine her modeling because she is sooo uncomfortable in front of a camera. To me, Gia is the most attractive one of the lot.

And we wonder why poor Gabrielle wants to avoid the cameras...

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ladle said:

Yes!  Thank you!  I can't stand Jennifer, but what Jackie did was straight-up shady.  Yeah, she called the kids "sweet" to create plausible deniability, but she literally said she does not aspire to parent in the way that Jen does and questioned whether Jen's kids are going to continue to be sweet when they grow up.  I mean, what??  I would be pissed.  And, to me, it doesn't matter that Jennifer herself has called her kids spoiled (and that they are spoiled -- which, I think objectively they are.  Again, no love for Jennifer here!) -- it is a whole different ball of wax when someone else comes for your kids.  I can't believe so many are viewing the piece as complimentary and see Jennifer as overreacting. 

She said she doesn't aspire to have a home that kids never want to leave (which is what Jennifer said). Considering her blog is centered on motherhood and suppose to be an honest review of the challenges of said motherhood, I took that comment to mean, 'I've got a handful as is, please don't give me more'.

The piece wasn't complimentary nor did I find it insulting because she barely talked about Jennifer. She used the incident as an anecdote to explain why she was writing the column in the first place. She didn't infer or even say that 'this friend' gives her children everything. She only described the home she walked through and how extravagant it was which led her to wonder whether excessive luxury can spoil children. It's no different from going to a party and seeing a pregnant woman sipping on a glass of wine and you wonder whether alcohol really heightens the risk of pregnancy and a healthy birth because it has become incredibly taboo to drink while pregnant. Then you go home and do some research and reach out to some experts and you come back to write a column that points out that most doctors aren't worried about the occasional drink while pregnant. The anecdote may seem like shaming pregnant woman but the actual research shows that there's no reason that as a bystander you should automatically judge and make insinuations about that woman. Unless you know her as an everyday drinker, that drink she's sipping on is unlikely to harm her child. That is like what this article was. The anecdote may infer that Jennifer is spoiling her kids but the research in the article shows that giving your children lots of gifts or expensive gifts itself is not actually what spoils them. As a reader, it would tell me that if I walk into family's home with a basketball court, spa and thrones all over the place, I shouldn't automatically assume that the children of the home are spoiled and will grow in entitled, shitty adults.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not a Jennifer fan, but I'm looking forward to Turkey.  Not sure why.

All I can hope is that the rest of the cast are as obnoxious to Jennifer on that trip as she was to Marge's poor friend on the ranch.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mytmo said:

So this Milania rapping thing is a real thing like for money?  I thought this was just a special visit to the studio to cheer Milania up thing.  There is going to be a lot more editing and auto tune to make that track ready for sale.  

That’s what I took away from it.  That Milania is currently showing an interest in rap, so because her mom has some connections they were able to set up a fun session for her.  I never got the feeling Tre was looking for a recording contract or thought Milania was the next Cardi B.  Just a fun thing to support her daughter’s current hobby.   I actually thought it was sweet, and if I was in Milania’s shoes I would have thought it was the BEST DAY EVER THANK YOU MOM!!!!  Also, nothing wrong with exploring the creative arts whether you are a star or not.

• Love 8
On 1/2/2019 at 7:03 PM, ghoulina said:

I feel like I need to read the entire article. Because some of the women seem to think it was perfectly nice, even complimentary. But others saw it as offensive. All I CAN say is - welcome to the world of running in the same circles as a comic or blogger. 

No matter what it says, Jennifer is being a hypocrite. She's all, "I brought you into my home and you disrespected me!" Ummmm...look at how you treated Margaret's friend in Oklahoma.

Honestly, Jennifer should be thanking Jackie for making her more relevant. Prior to this article, her storyline revolved around the wedding of woman we've never even seen.

In fairness, Jennifer did apologize when she was confronted with her behavior and even offered to sleep in the camper. Not saying Jennifer is the height of graciousness, but she has shown more self-responsibility than Jackie at this point. But I'm saying this as someone who thought it was shitty of Jackie to write the article. I understand the article is technically right - but it doesn't change the fact that Jackie was an invited guest and then wrote about it in a passive-aggressive way without even giving Jennifer the benefit of the heads up. I'd feel some type of way about that too.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I see a judgemental bitch that can't mind her own business and loves to stir the pot.

Yay someone else who doesn't like Delores!!  I've never really liked her.  She doesn't seem that bright, she's a mindless foot soldier for people she considers friends (her backing up all of Siggy's crazy antics last season was too much) to the point where she can't look at any of their actions objectively, she's misogynistic (I mean, most of the Jersey wives are, but her even more so) and just pathetic when it comes to her personal relationships.   I might actually dislike her more than Tre and that's saying a LOT.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This argument from housewives makes me crazy.  No one "came for" Jennifer's kids, that's completely absurd. She did not say one negative thing about those children. Not ONE.   That's on the same level with Tre claiming Jackie "attacked her family" by saying that if Teresa could control Joe he wouldn't be in jail.   Falsely accusing someone of doing something highly inflammatory  in order to justify your anger is an underhanded way of creating drama that these housewives excel at.  If the other person (that you already dislike) did something that wasn't really that big of a deal but pisses you off because you hate them anyway, you just ramp it up and act like they did something objectively awful that anyone would be upset at.   So Jackie says "this mother gives her kids everything. What can she do to ensure they stay the adorable, sweet kids they are now?" Jennifer then tells everyone "Jackie ATTACKED MY KIDS!!"  I can't even take someone seriously when they start playing that game.

This is so true. Teresa has been complaining about Jackie that by mentioning her husband, she has hurt her kids. Um newsflash Teresa, your kids know their father is in jail. It's not a secret. She is so ridiculous.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Jackie is a columnist...not a journalist. She needs to stop calling herself a journalist. She writes a column on soccer mom issues...that's a far cry from investigative journalism. And while I have no problem with her piece on spoiled, entitled suburban white kids, I do have a problem with the way she did it. She could have done it without being so specific about the house and other details that it made it so apparent that she was talking about Jennifer and her family. It seems to me to breach a personal relationship and Jennifer's hospitality. Having said all that, I agree that Jennifer herself is a spoiled TAP...Turkish American Princess. There's something very obnoxious about the way she brags about her material possessions and bourgeois lifestyle. We see for ourselves how she bribes her children with "presents" in order to get them to behave. Where does she think this is going? When all of these kids are teenagers she will be sorry she didn't nip this in the bud  when they were younger. Her husband seems uninterested in his family...on his days off he hangs out with his friends instead of his kids? Talk about an unplugged parent...and the misogyny in their culture is nauseating. Her mother was unsupportive of Jennifer in her complaint that her husband doesn't spend any time with the family and prefers to be with his friends when he has time off...her mother said she supported Jennifer's husband! Her husband doesn't seem like a very forward thinking man...as long as he is the earner and she is the spender, he feels entitled to do what he likes and leave the children and their needs, etc..to her. I don't see the dynamic changing here since it seems to be so ingrained in their cultural background.  I would like to see Jennifer's kids at least have their hair combed and not look so disheveled and messy. They all look like ragamuffins most of the time...not at all like children of a doctor that live in a McMansion.

I totally agree.  It's gross.  I don't know what makes her think being subservient to her husband and being treated as chattel by her own parents with respect to marriage is something to brag about.   Brainwashing is a powerful thing, I suppose.

• Love 4

Gabriella looks more like Filomena, but perhaps that's just the coloring.

I remember reading Jackie's article when it first came out and having a bit of a strange reaction to it.  It was the first time that I read an article by her that brought a very specific other family and person into the puzzle.  I just had no idea that it was about a housewife cast member.  Her articles are either much more personal when using the introductory anecdote, or more general and speaking in "types" when pointing to outside people.  And there were other ways to share that anecdote more generally as as she had written other stories in the past.  Example:  Every time my children run into another friends home they make a beeline down into their playrooms filled with toys, video games, and sometimes even a bouncy house and it always makes me stop and think - Can kids grow up having everything they want and still turn into humble, appreciative adults? Do too many gifts create spoiled children?" 

She could have presented that article without it being so specific to Jennifer, because let's be real.  Jennifer's house may be bigger and shinier than Jackie's but it's not like Jackie herself is living in some hovel.  She lives in Tenafly NJ - it's hardly town known for its modesty.  She has a beautiful big home as well. 10 bucks says she could have looked around her own playroom and her kids having a playdate in her own home and asked herself the same questions.  She knows she's living a very privileged life and that her kids are leading a privileged lifestyle.    Why bring in Jennifer so clearly?  Sure she could have been the inspiration for the article, but Jackie could have easily been less specific without losing the structure of her writing or the point she was looking to make.  

I suspect there was a bit of jealousy and contempt that fueled that article, even if Jackie herself doesn't want to admit it or isn't even aware of it.   

Yay someone else who doesn't like Delores!!  I've never really liked her.  

Does anybody really like Delores?  

I promise I wasn't gonna say a thing and I don't recall even having a bias at that point, but they way I saw it, Gorga was responding to what Juicy brought back into the room.

But it doesn't dissolve Gorga of any and all responsibility in the matter which was what Melissa always tries to do.  Her poor husband against Joe Giudice who is 100% responsible for starting everything.  It's never as black and white as that.

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, lezlers said:

This argument from housewives makes me crazy.  No one "came for" Jennifer's kids, that's completely absurd. She did not say one negative thing about those children. Not ONE.   That's on the same level with Tre claiming Jackie "attacked her family" by saying that if Teresa could control Joe he wouldn't be in jail.   Falsely accusing someone of doing something highly inflammatory  in order to justify your anger is an underhanded way of creating drama that these housewives excel at.  If the other person (that you already dislike) did something that wasn't really that big of a deal but pisses you off because you hate them anyway, you just ramp it up and act like they did something objectively awful that anyone would be upset at.   So Jackie says "this mother gives her kids everything. What can she do to ensure they stay the adorable, sweet kids they are now?" Jennifer then tells everyone "Jackie ATTACKED MY KIDS!!"  I can't even take someone seriously when they start playing that game.

Agreed.

No Jennifer, Jackie did not attack your 5 fuck trophies though she was a bit shady toward the end of her piece.

She should have asked you to lunch, explained her article to you, allowed you to read it before publishing to let you know where she was coming from rather than you getting a call from that other non relevant, shit stirring loud mouth from the peanut gallery.

It would have been a great opportunity to offer your thoughts and insights and ask they be included in the article (while respecting her right not to include them) and for her to take responsibility for her words ahead of time before publishing.

If you're gonna write a letter then sign it and own it. 

Edited by Giselle
Distracted. Was also licking the German chocolate frosting bowl at the same time.
  • Love 1