Type keyword(s) to search

Roseanne: Domestic Goddess of All Media

tessaray

3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I wonder if they might consider rebooting the reboot to The Conners with the remaining cast sans Roseanne? It has been done before when cast members have walked/been fired or died. 

Can you imaging Dan entering the dating scene? Jackie moving in to help with the running of the household  (all the while remaining a life coach)? It could work....

No-one will want to associated with anything "Roseanne" at this point.  Goodman and Metcalf don't need it - it could only hurt them to try and reboot it without her.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

do i judge a person based on one tweet? name one person who has not said something wrong. the wrongness is stemming from it's a tweet.

4 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

again, YOU ARE ARGUING OVER A TWEET. this is on the level of jailing someone for flipping the bird. are generations now holding tweets as tenants of laws of behavior? if so, throw away your  phone or whatever - YOU ARE READING IMPORTANCE WHERE IT SHOULD NOT BE.

With how quickly ABC cancelled it and how terse their statement was, I would bet it was a lot more than oe tweet. They are able to cancel any of their shows, and did in this case.

• Love 20

People are dragging Sara pretty badly for even working with her again in the first place. They are saying she should have been aware of what she was getting into in the first place, and she is partly to blame. This is just surreal and depressing. What in the hell Roseanne? Seriously. But, this really shouldn't be a surprise. Roseanne has been doing this vile type of shit for a while now. You won't be getting another chance Roseanne. Stay on your nut farm, and just shut up now. What a shame. You did this to yourself. Now, it's time for you to go away. 

• Love 20
(edited)

Apparently Roseanne has been cancelled and the part of me that wants to joke......wonders if this was all a conspiracy to get Last Man Standing back on the air.

The more serious side feels sorry for everyone else who put in time and effort to the project especially Sara Gilbert who apparently put in allot of time and effort to get this off the ground.  

The realist in me wonders if anyone really thought they could keep a rein on Roseanne who has always been a loose cannon with zero filter.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

Rebooting the reboot would be a slap in the face to her.  Dan could get a life insurance payout to get out of debt.  Have her choke on a tuna sandwich or something. 

• Love 7

I got a family member who is very pissed about the cancellation & claimed she won’t watch NBC because The View is on it. 

I decided to let her look like an idiot in the front of her FB friends because ABC airs The View. 

My thought about Roseanne? Just one episode & I thought it was not same so no point in watching the entire season. 

I feel bad for people who got attacked by Roseanne for no good reason. 

The decision to cancel the show is final and correct. 

• Love 12

I was so excited for this reboot but as Rosanne quickly starting sliding down that slippery slope IRL, my interest quickly waned. I am glad ABC put their foot down against a racist, xenophobic, conspiracy theorist who was using the show as her platform to spread bigotry and hate. 

I feel so bad for the rest of the cast and crew and hope something better comes along soon.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Rebooting the reboot would be a slap in the face to her.  Dan could get a life insurance payout to get out of debt.  Have her choke on a tuna sandwich or something. 

Interesting, but no way the Connors have kept up with life insurance payments!

• Love 9

I wonder which channels will pull it from syndication completely. Michael and Lecy at least have to partially support themselves from residuals. I mean, like 6 channels play the original show 500 times a day. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

What about Fox?  

Disney is in the process of trying to buy Fox. Even if Fox picks up the show, They probably be canceled as soon as the merger goes through. And that's assuming the cast members even stick around. John, Laurie and Sara have their own reputations to think about.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

do i judge a person based on one tweet? name one person who has not said something wrong. the wrongness is stemming from it's a tweet.

Sara Gilbert really put herself out there in order to get the show back on.  I feel in her heart with her being charge, she would be able to help reign her in even with the tweets she put out while the show was in the PROCESS of being filmed.  But even she couldn't defend her comments now.  No one can.  I hope she doesn't feel guilty about this.   And this is more than "in the 70s, we could say EVERYTHING!"  because at least that created a dialogue.  This tweet was mean, spiteful and more than a veiled attack on someone.  

• Love 11

Please do not engage with posts you find offensive. Report them and let the mod team do their job.  Note: if you do engage, you risk warnings or worse. It's not worth it. 

• Love 19
(edited)

I read earlier- that Rosanne doesn't actually own the show- so she wouldn't be able to shop it around to another Network anyway. Whether that is true or not I have no idea. But if true, that removes the idea that Fox could pick it up. 

And plus, even if she *could* shop it around- I don't know if she could get any of the cast to follow her. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5

Even if another network were to pick it up, there’s probably a zero percent chance they could get most if not any of the cast back at this point. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Apparently Roseanne has been cancelled and the part of me that wants to joke......wonders if this was all a conspiracy to get Last Man Standing back on the air.

The more serious side feels sorry for everyone else who put in time and effort to the project especially Sara Gilbert who apparently put in allot of time and effort to get this off the ground.  

The realist in me wonders if anyone really thought they could keep a rein on Roseanne who has always been a loose cannon with zero filter.  

So True-I saw an interview with Johnny Galecki a while back-he said he and Sara were doing press for something and Johnny said he had some ideas on what David had been up to the past twenty years. Sara had tears in her eyes when he told her where he thought David had ended up --I think she really loved the characters and the show.

• Love 7
(edited)

Honestly I am wondering if ABC should just move Darlene and her kids back to Chicago and have Becky follow.  Maybe to start college or something.  I know people don’t like Harris but all the show needs to do is soften the edges of her character a bit.    Making the show about Darlene and Becky and having them trying to succeed in a changing world might actually be an interesting story.   Plus you can have Dan and Jackie come in from time to time as guests.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Honestly I am wondering if ABC should just move Darlene and her kids back to Chicago and have Becky follow.  Maybe to start college or something.  I know people don’t like Harris but all the show needs to do is soften the edges of her character a bit.    Making the show about Darlene and Becky and having them trying to succeed in a changing world might actually be an interesting story.   Plus you can have Dan and Jackie come in from time to time as guests.  

Sara was the reason the revival got made. It was a trip down nostalgia lane with her cast mates.

She has The Talk and a good career already.

She won't want to do a "spin off".

• Love 3

I'm wondering if other channels will even continue airing the reruns.

I would watch a show without Roseanne. I don't think it'll happen, but I'd be there. But overall, this is what ABC needed to do. I don't think this was the only problem, I think it was just the final straw.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

ITA. I especially feel badly for those who weren't getting many acting gigs before this. There is probably an ironic joke in here somewhere, about the left messages of the show and Roseanne's tweet and its audience, but I haven't the energy to find it. It's all just sad.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit I have not been impressed with the reboot, but I am sorry to see it end this way especially for the behind the scene workers who have lost their jobs.

Me as well. It's awful and not funny. Written by people who have obviously never watch the original series.

It's just a characture of what pop culture believes the original was.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, wirebitersm said:

maybe they could come back next season without her? say she died during the knee surgery or maybe she bought some bad drugs off someone. 

At the beginning of the season Roseanne relayed this story of how Clooney would put Sandy Duncan on her dressing room door.  

https://www.thewrap.com/how-george-clooney-caused-a-lot-of-problems-for-roseanne-barr-during-roseannes-heyday/

“George always would … when I’d go to my dressing room every day, it would say ‘Sandy Duncan,'” Barr said, referring to the actress who took the spot of Valerie Harper on Season 2 of “The Hogan Family.”

“Didn’t Valerie Harper get fired from her own show?” Stern asked. “And you were always thinking you would get fired from your own show?”

“Oh, I knew they could do it if they wanted to,” Barr said.

As we know, she didn’t get fired, and the revival premieres tonight.

I honestly believe the rest of the cast is strong enough to carry the show without Barr.  The cast and potential cast is quite large.  

I truly feel for the people associated with the show that are out of jobs.  Most of the positions for Fall 2018 have been filmed.  Bummer to have this happen while they are on hiatus.

• Love 5

The uproar is hardly surprising.  Just another example of how deeply this country is divided.  Sad.

What really upsets me is the fact that so many people are now out of work because she couldn't stop her inflammatory tweeting.  How many crew members went ahead and bought cars or homes because they were confident that they had steady work for the foreseeable future?  The blatant disregard for the rest of the cast and crew just so she could cause a stir with a tweet is despicable.  Maybe she thought she was untouchable, but I would guess she has no money worries.  Thanks to her actions a lot of people now do have to worry.

• Love 18

As someone said on a reality television show, Facebook is not your friend. Roseanne has learn the hard way Twitter is not your friend either. In my opinion, when you are in the public eye for some reason, you need to learn to keep opinions like these to yourself because it can come back to haunt your career. A lot of people are now hurting over this now. The damage has been done once again.

18 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The uproar is hardly surprising.  Just another example of how deeply this country is divided.  Sad.

What really upsets me is the fact that so many people are now out of work because she couldn't stop her inflammatory tweeting.  How many crew members went ahead and bought cars or homes because they were confident that they had steady work for the foreseeable future?  The blatant disregard for the rest of the cast and crew just so she could cause a stir with a tweet is despicable.  Maybe she thought she was untouchable, but I would guess she has no money worries.  Thanks to her actions a lot of people now do have to worry.

I've read that she has psychological issues. I'm not sure she thought she was untouchable so much as just unbalanced.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I wonder if they might consider rebooting the reboot to The Conners with the remaining cast sans Roseanne? It has been done before when cast members have walked/been fired or died. 

Can you imaging Dan entering the dating scene? Jackie moving in to help with the running of the household  (all the while remaining a life coach)? It could work....

There may (or may not be, what the hell do I know?) legal issues, though, maybe precluding a spinoff to Roseanne's approval in her contract, etc. But there is precedence for such a spinoff: NBC axed Valerie Harper over a pay dispute in the mid-'80s. The show was renamed from the eponymous Valerie to Valerie's Family (and again later on, The Hogan Family) and Sandy Duncan joined as the hubby's sister that moved in with the family after Valerie the character died, and the show went on for like 4 seasons or so...

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

The cast and crew are all Union. They will get paid.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Conotocarious said:

Maybe time for a thread title change? The word goddess and Roseanne in the same sentence is not really working for me.

She's come a long way from her domestic goddess comedy routine, that's for sure. 

We'll take it under advisement. 

• Love 8

It looks like the reruns of the original are being taken off the air as well.

This is escalating quickly.

And yess I do feel bad for everyone else involved.  Maybe most of them were aware of Roseanne’s politics and racism but they are not responsible for her actions only she is.    This is her doing.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

The cast and crew are all Union. They will get paid.

I don’t think that is correct. They will certainly get paid for work done, but won’t get paid for episodes not made. Maybe the bigger stars have different contracts,  but I do not think it is a general rule. Someone is welcome to prove me wrong!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ThatsDarling said:

ABC has suspended Roseanne's Emmy campaign in all categories.

So now John Goodman loses whatever chance he might have had to finally win an Emmy for his portrayal of Dan Conner because of Roseanne’s hatefulness?

That’s one step too far, in my opinion.

• Love 7

Yeah, Roseanne Barr should be blacklisted for sure, but the show itself should still be eligible.The other actors have paid enough for her Tweet by losing their job, at least their work shouldn't be for nothing. 

• Love 5

This show coming back with so much promise was a unicorn.  Roseanne took the Unicorn out back and shot it between the eyes.

i didn’t like original recipe Becky, but started really liking her in the reboot and wondering where her character could go.  I bet Lecy was thrilled with the series being renewed, and was making plans for the money.  And now it’s dead.

• Love 7