Type keyword(s) to search

Roseanne: Domestic Goddess of All Media

tessaray

On 5/17/2018 at 1:13 AM, Bastet said:

Ha - that reminds me of Darlene's alien-bursting-out-of-her-body Halloween costume in season three (to which Becky fantastically replied, "So, do you want some Pepto-Bismol or something?").

Exactly where I went. Hell it might be the same one! I can't believe we are already closing for the season. It seems like we just started. 

• Love 4
On 5/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, peacheslatour said:

Yay Norm! Good riddance to Cummings.

What was wrong with her? No snark-- I'm genuinely asking. Are there particular episodes she wrote that were bad?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, UYI said:

I've never watched that show, so I'll take your word for it. :)

I really wanted to like that show because of the actors, but I had to stop watching because the writing was incredibly stupid.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:
2 hours ago, UYI said:

I've never watched that show, so I'll take your word for it. :)

I really wanted to like that show because of the actors, but I had to stop watching because the writing was incredibly stupid.

And it sounded as if the brunette was reading off an index card no matter what she said.  Don't know how that show lasted as long as it did.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

And it sounded as if the brunette was reading off an index card no matter what she said.  Don't know how that show lasted as long as it did.

Yep, it was terrible, unfunny and racist as hell.

• Love 2

‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May Be Back

In an interview with Deadline, Roseanne executive producer/showrunner Bruce Helford talks about the finale, the one sensitive issue they wanted to address this season that will likely be dealt with next year, what will happen to the Conners in Season 2 and which characters from this season and from the original run would return for a visit. (Will Johnny Galecki and George Clooney be back?) He also clarified recent comments by ABC chief Channing Dungey about the show emphasising family over politics next season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why do they even bother mentioning Clooney? With Roseanne spouting off inane Tweets every day, there is no way that Clooney is going to associate himself with her show ever again. And honestly? A guy like Booker would have gotten the hell out of Landford long ago and never looked back.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

The above is why I am not giving this show a chance.  I loved the original and was curious about the revival but I'm not helping put one thin dime into that woman's bank account.

Yep, I'm out.  

• Love 10

This after all that fanfare about the Muslim neighbors episode and claiming it was Roseanne's way of coming to terms with her issues with Muslims. 

Roseanne will keep on spouting conspiracy theories and other offensive crap, ABC will make her apologize and she'll make weak, insincere apologies.  Wash, rinse, repeat until she finally says something that will cause the advertisers to back out.

• Love 15

Roseanne will keep on spouting conspiracy theories and other offensive crap, ABC will make her apologize and she'll make weak, insincere apologies.  Wash, rinse, repeat until she finally says something that will cause the advertisers to back out.

Yeah, she's her own worst enemy.  It's sad she doesn't have the judgment (or someone in her life with judgment) to recognize that saying these things on social media is only going to hurt her. 

• Love 6

Amid all the other batshittery, she tried to smear Chelsea Clinton and then backtracked when called out on it, but doubled down on the rest of the conspiracy nuttery.  Her apology/explanation for the racist stuff is that "it was a joke" before announcing again that she's quitting Twitter.

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/29/17404972/roseanne-clinton-conspiracy-trump

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/29/roseanne-barr-rants-against-chelsea-clinton-and-george-soros/

The original was a huge part of my growing up as Becky and Darlene could have been friends of mine.  I think it was easier then to not link a star's terrible behavior to their character because it wasn't in our faces everywhere we looked online or on social media.  But it's at the point where it's coloring my feelings about the original series and how I view the other actors who signed on to this.  The only interest I'd have in the show now is if they went a Valerie to Valerie's Family to The Hogans route where NBC famously killed off Valerie Harper's character after she became too demanding and too much of a pain in the ass to work with and retooled the show to be about her surviving family.

• Love 19
(edited)

Well it's been "fun" Roseanne.  Where I can write the episode where season 9 in season 11, Darlene, back in her writing game, said that her mom died shortly after she moved back home and season 10 was "what could have happened if she was still alive?"  

There's only so much of her conspiracy nonsense I was willing to take but this these latest tweets confirmed that I won't be back.   

Ball is in your court, Channing Dungey.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 10
(edited)

That tweet is wrong on just about every level.

First, Roseanne is old enough to understand exactly what she was saying and why she shouldn’t say it. Even young adults whose only frame of reference is Remember the Titans and Denzel Washington know it’s wrong.  And racist and unkind. 

Second, Valerie Jarrett is a beautiful woman.  And I’m not going to weaken that in any way-  she’s a beautiful woman, period. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 24
(edited)
35 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

There's only so much of her conspiracy nonsense I was willing to take but this these latest tweets confirmed that I won't be back.   

Exactly. I really tried to separate Roseanne Conner from Roseanne Barr, because as we all know this isn't the first time she's said some crazy shit, but I'm done now.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, bad things are bad said:

Gee, who knew that actions had consequences? 

Roseanne used to get whatever she wanted because she had a hit show.

She never made racist comments though.

• Love 4

Well that was fast. Nice going Roseanne! You had a good thing going and you effed it up for everyone.  Why are people so stupid and never think about what they say and the potential consequences!

• Love 20

It was just a matter of time.   She's unstable and the show was so successful there was no way she was going to be able to handle it.  ABC knew what they were getting going it - a time-bomb.

• Love 11

I feel bad for the rest of the cast and crew.  

Never watched the reboot because I didn't like the last few years of the show.  Roseanne was totally in control, and the characters all became so damned mean.  It's like they were trying to do Married with Children, which was a parody of the typical family sitcom.  This show started off being the one family show that was more true to blue collar families.  Even the opening credits for a few seasons had someone passing out paper towels as they ate pizza - no napkins for us!   We'd always use the paper towels at home when I grew up, so even that little bit rang true to me.

She just stupidly pissed away a hit show.  Good luck getting work again.

• Love 19