Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Steff said:

oh dear gawd, this is the closest I've ever been to having to share a birthday with a fundie.  August 19th is my birthday & I do NOT want to share it with any Duggar, not even a grandchild.  UGH! 

19 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

My birthday is August 18th and I CERTAINLY do not want to share my day with a Duggar of any stripe🎂

How many of us have August birthdays?  We have to be the best behaved pride of Leos on the internet.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

Austin's parents spelled his name with a 'y' instead of an 'i', like Jinger's parents spelled her name with a 'J' instead of a 'G'. I'm pretty sure neither of them had any say in the matter.

I think the baby's middle name will be Joy, since they used Anna for Annabell. Savannah Joy sounds very pretty.

Yeah that's fair enough. I've just spent the last 2.5 months reading ASOIAF, with all of its Martyns, Olyvars, and Myrandas, and was truly startled to see a Martyn outside of that context, especially within a fundie context. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

How many of us have August birthdays?  We have to be the best behaved pride of Leos on the internet.   

We're scared of being SEVERELY reprimanded or just too tired to bitch. 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

I had a great niece born this morning and a friends daughter born today so I'll go with tonight as her birth!! With the theme of 8/11, I'll say she's 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches.

I like Savannah Joy!

Congratulations!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

I had a great niece born this morning and a friends daughter born today so I'll go with tonight as her birth!! With the theme of 8/11, I'll say she's 8 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches.

I like Savannah Joy!

I like Savannah Joy as well, but have a feeling it will be something more old fashioned. For some reason I had Annette floating around my head, but that may be because they didn't get to have  their Annabell to grow up. I don't think they'd go with something that close, though. Then I started thinking of middle names that would go with that anyway, and went off track with that train of thought as well. Which is kind of moot anyway. But I thought it would sound nice with some sort of "Rose+" name...and,  in any case, eventually, for some reason, I ended up with Rosalie. Rosalie Joy sounds kind of pretty to my ear. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah that's fair enough. I've just spent the last 2.5 months reading ASOIAF, with all of its Martyns, Olyvars, and Myrandas, and was truly startled to see a Martyn outside of that context, especially within a fundie context. 

I don't usually post in this forum, but just wanted to note that the spelling Martyn is more common in my part of the world than Martin. It is a real spelling, not something made up for a fantasy novel.

• Useful 10
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Llywela said:

I don't usually post in this forum, but just wanted to note that the spelling Martyn is more common in my part of the world than Martin. It is a real spelling, not something made up for a fantasy novel.

Okay thanks! I'm thinking they may have named him after someone maybe? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What I find stranger than the spelling of his middle name is their pronunciation of their last name!

Do they not pronounce it the way it looks (four-sythe)? I haven't watched the show in years, so unless it's spelled phonetically here, I wouldn't know. 

2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Do they not pronounce it the way it looks (four-sythe)? I haven't watched the show in years, so unless it's spelled phonetically here, I wouldn't know. 

Apparently they pronounce it like Fore - site. With a hard “t” at the end. WTF?

• Useful 5
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

That reminds me a Roark/Row Ark situation. I have Row Arks in my extended family. No 4 Sites, though. 

My birthday is August 21 so I'm hoping I'm in the clear to share a birthday with a Duggar.  (My poor husband shares a birthday with Si)

I'll go 8/15/20  8lb 8oz 20 inches

Emily Faith or Rebekah Joy

• Love 4
15 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Uhuh. I already share my birthday with Hiroshima anniversary. I think that’s enough. Hi Leo sisters!

Hey!  I'm a Pearl Harbor baby!!!  28 years later, but still...

I love Savannah Joy.  I think Joy is such a pretty name.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wow, never knew that!  I was wondering why they spelled it 4site on IG if it was pronounced Forsythe!  Now it makes sense!

• Love 4

Is it Duggar Girls Show Their Acne Month on social media? I don't remember them being so forthright about their acne before; it's always been covered with heavy makeup. Good for them if they've decided to be themselves and not Fundie Barbies. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I think Joy is not protecting her skin from the sun--she needs to wear sun block or one day she'll end up with very damaged skin like Amy Roloff.

I agree. Joy is only 22 and her skin already looks rough and dehydrated. Aside from aesthetics, there's cancer to worry about. I don't think any of the Duggars are conscientious about sun protection.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I’m going big on the virtue names and picking Serenity Grace. Or Serenity Faith. 

I have Faith as a first name. I don't deign to even hazard a guess at middle names unless it's obvious like Anna's first son, Michael James.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Genevrier said:

I’m going big on the virtue names and picking Serenity Grace. Or Serenity Faith. 

I considered Trinity as a possible name for Joy's baby. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't deign to even hazard a guess at middle names unless it's obvious like Anna's first son, Michael James.

It seems like a fundie/ Duggar trend that the first daughter shares the mother's middle name (I think Anna, Jinger, Kendra, Lauren, and Abbie have all done this, though Jessa didn't... maybe because she didn't want anyone thinking "Lauren" was after her sister-in-law). Of course, Annabell is technically Joy's first daughter, and Joy used her middle name as part of that first name, but I could still see Anna or Joy being this baby's middle name.

I think something old-fashioned and long-ish for a first name, to go with Gideon and Annabell. Eleanor? Madeleine (probably not since Anna has dibs on M names)? Amelia? Probably something slightly more obscure that no one will have guessed... but not as obscure as Spurgeon (hopefully!). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It seems like a fundie/ Duggar trend that the first daughter shares the mother's middle name (I think Anna, Jinger, Kendra, Lauren, and Abbie have all done this, though Jessa didn't... maybe because she didn't want anyone thinking "Lauren" was after her sister-in-law). Of course, Annabell is technically Joy's first daughter, and Joy used her middle name as part of that first name, but I could still see Anna or Joy being this baby's middle name.

I think something old-fashioned and long-ish for a first name, to go with Gideon and Annabell. Eleanor? Madeleine (probably not since Anna has dibs on M names)? Amelia? Probably something slightly more obscure that no one will have guessed... but not as obscure as Spurgeon (hopefully!). 

Abbie's daughter Grace doesn't share a middle name with her mom. Abbie's middle name is Grace. Grace's middle name is Annette, which is Michelle Duggar's middle name.  The rest of those women used their middle name for their daughter's middle name. 

There a lots of names like Savannah and Eliana that kind use have Anna in them, but aren't Anna. I agree it could be long and old-fashioned. 

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Abbie's daughter Grace doesn't share a middle name with her mom. Abbie's middle name is Grace. Grace's middle name is Annette, which is Michelle Duggar's middle name.  The rest of those women used their middle name for their daughter's middle name. 

There a lots of names like Savannah and Eliana that kind use have Anna in them, but aren't Anna. I agree it could be long and old-fashioned. 

Anastasia? Analiese?

My top guesses though (already mentioned up thread) are Elizabeth or Rebecca. Or maybe Louisa. 

• Love 3

What's funny is that these people always seem to be naming their offspring either after themselves or some religious figure. They have no originality. It's almost as if their lives revolve around religion and themselves and nothing else. Oh, wait . . .

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Ages ago it was very common to reuse names after a child died. I can't tell you how confused I was doing genealogy research and finding the same name used over and over only to realize the child died and the next one got the same name. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 11
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

I skimmed through the video and it's sweet. Giddy up is a wee dote. Hopefull they will remember that this kind of attention is not possible when you have a dozen children running around

Oh they know. They just don't care because babies for Jesus. I don't think Joy saw the worst of it growing up but she had to see how that many children diverted attention away from each individual child. Unless she's that dumb or indoctrinated.

• Love 8

Interesting that the advice Joy is following, regarding making sure Gideon feels loved with a new baby on the way, was from friends, as she stated in the video, not from family or by example when she was a child.

Long sentence, oh my!

• Love 23