Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The bar is so low it’s on the ground, but this pleases me. Will be interesting to see how many people they allow in the hospital room as mom laborers. Usually just the father. What do you want to bet it won’t be filmed?

B0AF8DA1-2218-424E-BC5E-8B81A8848B57.jpeg

Is this from IG? I can't find it Thank you 🙂

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

We may be giving Joy too much credit.  Having a hospital birth may not have been optional considering she already had one C section.   

That's true, but it didn't stop some of these other idiots from trying to avoid the hospital even after an emergency C-section the first go-around. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think only Jill and Joy have had C-sections, yes?

Even though Jessa hemorrhaged on most of her births, they were still all vaginal. And I believe all of the others were vaginal, and, with the exception of Anna, were in a hospital. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Even though Jessa hemorrhaged on most of her births, they were still all vaginal. And I believe all of the others were vaginal, and, with the exception of Anna, were in a hospital. 

Ah that could be. Doesn't the same principle apply to Jessa, though, in that her initial issues made her a bad candidate for a home birth for subsequent births? I honestly don't know, but that was the impression I'd picked up from here. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Yes this is correct. Jill and Joy are the only ones who've had c-sections. Jill has had 2 c-sections.  I hate to open this can of worms, but it is unclear whether Jill ever intended to have a homebirth the second time. All we know for sure is she had a long labor, a second c-section, and Sam spent time in the NICU. 

57 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ah that could be. Doesn't the same principle apply to Jessa, though, in that her initial issues made her a bad candidate for a home birth for subsequent births? I honestly don't know, but that was the impression I'd picked up from here. 

This definitely does apply to Jessa. After Spurgeon, she should be giving birth in a hospital. 

Also Jill, Jessa, and Joy are the only ones who've had problematic deliveries. 

• Useful 6
(edited)

I'm watching the video. Joy went to see a chiropractor to help her hips align so she can have a VBAC.

She's packing a hospital bag. She's never packed a hospital bag before. She has the bow ready.  She's using a list. 

Most of what she says is not much. She does think labor will be slow, because as she says "my labors don't go super fast." 

She keeps talking about how she can't believe she's having a baby. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

At the end, she says she can't want to meet her in the next month or so!

5 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Isn't that a fan made account? Joy's real account has the blue verified check next to the name. It's so weird to me that people want to role play as real people.

It is their real youtube channel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

At the end, she says she can't want to meet her in the next month or so!

It is their real youtube channel. 

Oh YouTube! I wasn't paying close attention and thought it was an Instagram account (my children are stir crazy and all I want to do is decompress after work lol). Thank you for the correction! 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm watching the video. Joy went to see a chiropractor to help her hips align so she can have a VBAC.

She's packing a hospital bag. She's never packed a hospital bag before. She has the bow ready.  She's using a list. 

Most of what she says is not much. She does think labor will be slow, because as she says "my labors don't go super fast." 

She keeps talking about how she can't believe she's having a baby. 

Yeah, I noticed that she kept saying that she can't believe she's having a baby. Not a daughter or baby girl. Just a baby. I kept thinking, hello, what about Gideon? 

She also mentioned how no one in her extended family was going to be able to visit her because of the pandemic. 

I'll give her credit that she seems to be more organized than some of the others we've seen. At least she's packing/preparing one month in advance. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jill went to one while in labor. Probably the same person.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Also Jill, Jessa, and Joy are the only ones who've had problematic deliveries. 

The only other Duggar daughter is Jinger, who smartly delivered at a hospital like she & Jeremy planned. Joy is the only Duggar daughter that has been sensible after her problematic birth.  Jill & Jessa both tried to have more home births.

I'm not including the Duggar wives b/c they weren't raised to be Duggar stupid even if they might have been raised Gothard.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The only other Duggar daughter is Jinger, who smartly delivered at a hospital like she & Jeremy planned. Joy is the only Duggar daughter that has been sensible after her problematic birth.  Jill & Jessa both tried to have more home births.

I'm not including the Duggar wives b/c they weren't raised to be Duggar stupid even if they might have been raised Gothard.

I actually mentioned this in the same post you quoted. Again we don't know that for sure that Jill tried to have a homebirth the second time. 

I could see Anna being like Jessa if she had Jessa's problems. Anna always had homebirths, just better luck.  Kendra is interesting, because she only seems to have hospital births due to a history of breathing issues and passing out from pain. In some ways the wives have been luckier and maybe have benefited from their sisters-in-law's mishaps. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I actually think she comes across as sweet and genuine in this video. I like this new, more confident Joy and think that she has really come into her own. Austin has long been my favorite of the sons-in-law because he always seems to be mentally rolling his eyes at them and clearly does not like being on camera. I feel like he can be pretty snarky and it probably goes over the heads of most of the Duggars. He also seems to love that his wife is a bit of a "tomboy" and encourages that side of her.

• Love 10

I think Austin is the one duggar SIL that didn't pursue a duggar girl because of the show. he and joy have known each other a long time. He seems like JD, Jana, Joe and even Joy with being uncomfortable being fake filmed for the show.

his family is set with their camp and Austin has his house flipping thing (whatever happened with that lawsuit?). they have some property they got from the JB and Michelle trust. they actually own another big lot on the other side of amy and dillon's property. 

do I think the fathers met and called this a good match for them financially? yes. But I think Joy and Austin would have liked each other in their fundy circle anyway.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think Austin is the one duggar SIL that didn't pursue a duggar girl because of the show. he and joy have known each other a long time. He seems like JD, Jana, Joe and even Joy with being uncomfortable being fake filmed for the show.

his family is set with their camp and Austin has his house flipping thing (whatever happened with that lawsuit?). they have some property they got from the JB and Michelle trust. they actually own another big lot on the other side of amy and dillon's property. 

do I think the fathers met and called this a good match for them financially? yes. But I think Joy and Austin would have liked each other in their fundy circle anyway.

I've always felt like Joy and Austin's relationship probably would have happened even without the show. Of the other Duggar marriages, I think that's also only true of Joe and Kendra and JD and Abby. Partially because of the families knowing each other anyway and partially because I do think they're all genuinely attracted to who they ended up with. I'm sure they'd deny it, but I don't think Jeremy or Derick or Ben's family would have been interested if there wasn't a show. I think Lauren also liked the idea of being on the show and that was a big draw for her. 

• Love 17
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've always felt like Joy and Austin's relationship probably would have happened even without the show. Of the other Duggar marriages, I think that's also only true of Joe and Kendra and JD and Abby. Partially because of the families knowing each other anyway and partially because I do think they're all genuinely attracted to who they ended up with. I'm sure they'd deny it, but I don't think Jeremy or Derick or Ben's family would have been interested if there wasn't a show. I think Lauren also liked the idea of being on the show and that was a big draw for her. 

and pa keller surely let anna marry the sex pest because of the show

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

YES! I knew I was forgetting someone. But yeah I doubt that would have happened either without a show. 

• Love 2

Out of all the marrieds, I think Joy and Austin are the happiest and living the most authentic life. I'd put Joe and Kendra in at a close second, but Joe's dependence on Boob will always hold him back. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

He married one daughter off to the crown prince of a famous TV family and another off to Bill Gothard’s protégé/right hand man. Fundie social climbing at its finest.

• Love 5

I just read a new TLC interview with Joy Anna talking about the upcoming birth of the new baby. She talks about the "new" experience of taking care of a baby girl. Why do the Duggar daughters always do this? They always talk about taking care of kids like they've never done it before, when we all know they've been experienced moms taking care of their "buddies" since they were like 10 years old. It's so ridiculous. Joy Anna knows about caring for a baby girl. She's been a buddy/surrogate mom to at least 5 of them. Just admit it. Jessa did the same thing with potty training, when we can all count how many little boys she has actually potty trained (like 10 of them).

• Love 21

Joy also talked about her own casual style and we know that she herself was a tomboy. Yet she can't wait to dress up her little girl with frilly dresses and bows. I've raised 3 girls - that stuff is not necessary! 

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Why do the Duggar daughters always do this?

It's beyond me, but I agree that it's extremely irritating.  Perhaps they feel they must put up this false narrative that they had young/baby siblings, but were not surrogate parents for them?  We all know that they took care of those little kids - it was part of the show!   The worst offender IMO in Jessa - she acts like every move her mop-head kids make is utterly fascinating, yet she pretty much raised a few of her younger brothers.  I guess it's different when it's your own kid?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I just read a new TLC interview with Joy Anna talking about the upcoming birth of the new baby. She talks about the "new" experience of taking care of a baby girl. Why do the Duggar daughters always do this? They always talk about taking care of kids like they've never done it before, when we all know they've been experienced moms taking care of their "buddies" since they were like 10 years old. It's so ridiculous. Joy Anna knows about caring for a baby girl. She's been a buddy/surrogate mom to at least 5 of them. Just admit it. Jessa did the same thing with potty training, when we can all count how many little boys she has actually potty trained (like 10 of them).

Joy was less a sister mom than her older sisters, because she's younger than them. I think Josie was supposed to be Joy's first buddy, but Josie was premature and they moved Josie to the most experienced Jana. Joy spent a lot of time with the boys when she was little. It wasn't until she was into her teens that she got moved to the girl group. She took over Jill's buddy group when Jill got married. Jill was 23, Joy was 16, and Jennifer was 6. 

It's possible Joy was an aunt mom to Meredith, but she may not have been. Anna may have been taking care of her own baby while Josh was in Jesus Jail. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Joy was less a sister mom than her older sisters, because she's younger than them. I think Josie was supposed to be Joy's first buddy, but Josie was premature and they moved Josie to the most experienced Jana. Joy spent a lot of time with the boys when she was little. It wasn't until she was into her teens that she got moved to the girl group. She took over Jill's buddy group when Jill got married. Jill was 23, Joy was 16, and Jennifer was 6. 

It's possible Joy was an aunt mom to Meredith, but she may not have been. Anna may have been taking care of her own baby while Josh was in Jesus Jail. 

Basically this. Joy-Anna had the least sister-mom duties any Duggar girl will have save for Jordyn and Josie (I think Johannah and Jennifer will be helping Anna with her brood). Jill (who was very caring and nurturing to her buddies) cared for ALL of them, but I don't think she wanted Joy-Anna to model that behavior. Now Joy has probably spent more hours caring for kids than many 23 year old women with one child, but no where near the amount the four older girls did, they basically raised the Howlers through Jordyn. 

Also, even though the girls had WAY too much responsibility, there were other ppl around if you needed help. Austin does have a work ethic and has to be gone sometimes doing xyz. Joy-Anna has likely never cared for small child all ALONE on a routine basis. There was always at least another teenager around to help out or grab something for her. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Joy also talked about her own casual style and we know that she herself was a tomboy. Yet she can't wait to dress up her little girl with frilly dresses and bows. I've raised 3 girls - that stuff is not necessary! 

My sister has worn make-up four times in her life. She wears nice jeans to dress up. She only wears her wedding ring for jewelry. She used to detest the color pink. Yet when she had a baby girl, she was so excited to buy her girly dresses and bows. Her daughter is now 2 and will rip off the bows anytime my sister puts them on her, so she's given up on that. But she still dresses her pretty girly. Maybe it's a hormonal shift during pregnancy that makes the moms embrace the girliness they rejected for themselves? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I have three daughters, grew up one of four sisters. I'm not super girly, but my first daughter was such a beautiful baby I just wanted to put her in all of the pink frilly stuff I could find. My other two girls were more suited to blue and purple, but I still did the frills and lace and headbands because they were do freaking adorable. They are still young enough that they dress up like princessed sometimes, but their personalities shift over time. Right now the oldest is obsessed with Halloween and creepy stuff, but still wants to do it in a pretty way. The middle one is all pink sparkles and fairy wings, and the youngest loves yellow and asked for a dress with an airplane on it.

Joy can have fun dressing up her daughter for awhile. She and Austen strike me as parents who will let her modify her style once she is a little older, albeit within the restrictions of their belief system. Joy's style is basically jeans and tshirts, as long as the jeans are a skirt. 

• Love 7

There was a video posted on Reddit where Joy does some organising, taking her son to the TTH and going to a Doctor for pre-natal care (pick yourselves off that floor!). It was really strangely relatable, she seems relaxed and happy, wee Giddy-up is a total dote and even Austin showed up.

Now I'm off to scour myself with something coarse and stingy for liking a Duggar video😱

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Did anyone else notice how marred up, crappy looking & cruddy the TTH side entrance door is in the video? It is shown quickly when Joy & Giddy arrive.  It is the original door & it seems  they use this entrance the most because it's near the parking area.  Maybe the Duggar Construction Crew could remove themselves from the sofas & put in a new one.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Did anyone else notice how marred up, crappy looking & cruddy the TTH side entrance door is in the video? It is shown quickly when Joy & Giddy arrive.  It is the original door & it seems  they use this entrance the most because it's near the parking area.  Maybe the Duggar Construction Crew could remove themselves from the sofas & put in a new one.

It's amazing how run down their properties are considering they're a family of able-bodied adults and NOBODY works. 

• Love 17
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That requires money for a door combined with something a little too close to work. 

It's amazing how run down their properties are considering they're a family of able-bodied adults and NOBODY works. 

It’s the male equivalent to the woman’s inability to cook, clean, and generally do anything domestic. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They didn't even have any landscaping near the front entrance until around 3 or 4 years ago.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/26/2020 at 12:37 AM, MunichNark said:

There was a video posted on Reddit where Joy does some organising, taking her son to the TTH and going to a Doctor for pre-natal care (pick yourselves off that floor!). It was really strangely relatable, she seems relaxed and happy, wee Giddy-up is a total dote and even Austin showed up.

Now I'm off to scour myself with something coarse and stingy for liking a Duggar video😱

Save me some soap. I liked the video too. She's cute and relatable and seems like a normal person. And Giddy is adorable. How old is she again? I can't keep up. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Save me some soap. I liked the video too. She's cute and relatable and seems like a normal person. And Giddy is adorable. How old is she again? I can't keep up. 

All cute and Giddy is adorable.  Hard to reconcile blanket training, since he is joyful on the videos.  But, as normal as she seems in the video, which I watched, I know behind that are hateful beliefs that would be aimed directly at me.  So that takes away any good feelings I might have.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That requires money for a door combined with something a little too close to work. 

It’s the male equivalent to the woman’s inability to cook, clean, and generally do anything domestic. 

On another thread someone shared that JB is going to speak at the Big Sandy COVID festival. The blurb they shared says that "God is at work" in the Duggar household. 

Well I suppose it's a good thing somebody besides Jana is at work there. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the pic with Joy and Carlin, is that Jordyn behind them with what seems a real smile??

also same pic- what with the second kid multiple people will give you diapers??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1