Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, awaken said:

I cannot believe how the baby already has Austin’s prominent nostrils!  Amazing!

Not as much as Gideon did...his really flared outward, while this baby's are pretty much contained underneath her nose. She is going to have a really pretty mouth, I think.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

In the photo, Joy is virtually lying flat which usually indicates she is recently post-op from a cesarean.  When the mom has delivered vaginally, the first family photos usually have her sitting up and holding the baby rather than lying flat with the baby on her chest.

I don’t know, with the promotion of skin to skin directly after birth, most first photos I’ve seen (and been in) look almost identical to Joy’s. I assumed since they looked like they were in labor/delivery, and there was no sign of shower caps or surgical gowns, that it was a vaginal birth, but I’m not really familiar with postpartum protocol for c-sections. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I don’t know, with the promotion of skin to skin directly after birth, most first photos I’ve seen (and been in) look almost identical to Joy’s. I assumed since they looked like they were in labor/delivery, and there was no sign of shower caps or surgical gowns, that it was a vaginal birth, but I’m not really familiar with postpartum protocol for c-sections. 

I've seen  babies doing skin to skin with mom in the first hours after birth for the better part of 20 years.  Except in the immediate aftermath of the delivery when mom is still waiting for the placenta to deliver and maybe getting stitches; most mothers who deliver vaginally are seated more upright during skin to skin that Joy is here.  She's covered with a sheet up to her collarbones, so it seems unlikely her south end is uncovered or that this was taken within minutes of delivery.  Also, the baby's head is practically on her shoulder so they're not doing skin to skin at that moment.  I hope she did have a vaginal birth since that was her goal, but I suspect she didn't.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 8
  • Love 3

Such a cute baby! The bows don't bother me, because I did the same thing with my twins. Mostly because my mother in law went bow crazy because there were finally girls in the family.  I noticed Joy has a fresh manicure. I'm glad she gets to do that. 

• Love 2

Doodlebug, does the baby look like she had an IV in her left hand?  It looks a bit bruised and I don't think newborns have yet developed moles.

None of my three, born decades ago, had an IV after their births.  Is that common with a C-section infant?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

Doodlebug, does the baby look like she had an IV in her left hand?  It looks a bit bruised and I don't think newborns have yet developed moles.

None of my three, born decades ago, had an IV after their births.  Is that common with a C-section infant?

It does look like she had a needle stick in that hand.  The nurses often draw blood with a butterfly needle in the back of the baby's hand.  I think it is more likely from a blood draw than from an IV.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It does look like she had a needle stick in that hand.  The nurses often draw blood with a butterfly needle in the back of the baby's hand.  I think it is more likely from a blood draw than from an IV.

My kids had their blood drawn from needle sticks in their heels. Like they do for diabetics. Hopefully that's all it was. She looks healthy and fine, so probably so. It's odd they haven't named her yet. Or released her name. 

Joy and Austin used to seem less interested in the fame thing, but with the hashtags, I get the vibe that they have named the kid already and are just drawing out the name reveal for more publicity, which, if true, is really tacky, in my opinion. I've seen where some public figures never publicize their children's names (which I think is actually smart), but seeing as how these people seem to have no concept of privacy (and really how could the Duggar kids with how they were raised?), I don't think that's the case here. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

Joy and Austin used to seem less interested in the fame thing, but with the hashtags, I get the vibe that they have named the kid already and are just drawing out the name reveal for more publicity, which, if true, is really tacky, in my opinion. I've seen where some public figures never publicize their children's names (which I think is actually smart), but seeing as how these people seem to have no concept of privacy (and really how could the Duggar kids with how they were raised?), I don't think that's the case here. 

They must be the Breakout Stars of Arkansas. 😉

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Isn't Followtheforsyths or whatever hashtag they used just their Youtube channel?  Why is "hey, wanna know more, we are gonna put up a video later" being a fame whore?

Maybe not so much a fame whore, but more of, if you wanna know my kids name, I'm gonna make money off your click.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe not so much a fame whore, but more of, if you wanna know my kids name, I'm gonna make money of your click.

I can't really blame them for that.  How else should Joy make money given her dubious education.  People want to know and why not make them pay for it especially when it really is free for the person clicking.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Places that will tell me their kid's name before I go to their channel.

-This place

-Reddit

-Tumblr

-People mag (probably)

Speaking of Reddit, someone posted on there that a photographer leaked the name... (Evelyn). Not sure how accurate that is, or if Joy will pull a Jessa and change it (I would assume her birth certificate has already been filled out?).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/ihrzx3/we_have_a_name/

And here is the photo shoot (the photographer has since deleted the mention of the name...)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 5
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe not so much a fame whore, but more of, if you wanna know my kids name, I'm gonna make money off your click.

Maybe they are trying to subtly get out from under JB's thumb without being banished from all of the other familial relationships.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Evelyn is the name of Michelle's sister who is a lesbian.

That makes me wonder if it's a name that's passed down like maybe from one of Michelle's grandmothers.

I am laughing like a hyena at the fact that the photographer spilled the beans.  I bet there were some fundie swear words filling the air.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Isn't Followtheforsyths or whatever hashtag they used just their Youtube channel?  Why is "hey, wanna know more, we are gonna put up a video later" being a fame whore?

I'd argue having your own YouTube channel where you pimped out videos of your family was a sign of famewhoredom because what is the motivation otherwise for having complete strangers see that?

Edited to add: And employing any tactic that screams publicity stunt to announce your kid's name also seems famewhorish in that it is designed to draw maximum amount of attention.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Just saw a photographer ruined their little game for them. Ha

On a less snide note, I've always loved the name Evelyn and sort of fits with the prediction I made that the name would be old fashioned but trendy and not dowdy. I would never have guessed that as a name they'd pick though. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh dear God. I read the last part of your post as “I’m gonna make money off your dick.”

Off to the Prayer Closet go I.

Scoot over and make some room in there. I thought it said "dick," too. 

• LOL 7

If it's Evelyn, I like that name. I guess we get to wait and see if that's the final answer. 

Just now, Heathen said:

Scoot over and make some room in there. I thought it said "dick," too. 

Make room for one more. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Zella said:

They are also fame whores, continuing to make money by exploiting their young children.

3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Because they are trying to make money by exploiting their newborn child. Non fame whores don’t share their personal family information with literally millions of COMPLETE strangers.

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can't really blame them for that.  How else should Joy make money given her dubious education.  People want to know and why not make them pay for it especially when it really is free for the person clicking.

Because her headship is supposed to support her?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'd argue having your own YouTube channel where you pimped out videos of your family was a sign of famewhoredom because what is the motivation otherwise for having complete strangers see that?

Edited to add: And employing any tactic that screams publicity stunt to announce your kid's name also seems famewhorish in that it is designed to draw maximum amount of attention.

Exactly. Most people keep intimate details about their personal lives private.

• Love 5