Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I can't even begin to imagine being nine months pregnant and stuffing myself into a skintight, Lycra ace bandage.  How can that even be comfortable?

It's a cute photo, though.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I can't even begin to imagine being nine months pregnant and stuffing myself into a skintight, Lycra ace bandage.  How can that even be comfortable?

Its funny how they are all for modesty but bam when your pregnant the skin tight clothes come out! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 14
On 8/21/2020 at 2:31 AM, louannems said:

I actually preferred wearing form fitting clothes in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Psychologically, the material felt like it was helping to hold up the bump (a bit like wearing a compression bandage) whereas if I was in flowy clothes, I had to do all the work!

I also enjoyed wearing the most dressy maternity gear I could because it was the last few days of looking good and being noticed for myself, before I just became "that child's mum" and nobody ever noticed me as a person again, lol.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

Any word on the baby?

No I'm hoping she had the baby and they're waiting to make an announcement. If she hasn't had the baby, it seems likely the delivery will be more troublesome. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They probably have to wait until  PEOPLE runs the announcement. 😞 

People (or Us Weekly) are usually right on top of birth announcements. All Austin and Joy have to do is doll Joy up, take some selfies, and email them with a statement to their outlet of choice.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I hope she's also had the baby.  Maybe they wanted to spend some time as a family before announcing it to the world? 

Hey, it takes time to peddle an “exclusive,” especially since “new Duggar baby” ranks right up there with, “today, the sun rose.”

I’m sure JB is dialing as fast as he can...

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

I hope they weren't planning to have Carlin come photograph the new baby for the announcement.  She did the post-Annabelle photos so it wouldn't surprise me if they had planned to have her come back.   I'm praying they are all smart enough to have the COVID + best friend stay home.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I hope they weren't planning to have Carlin come photograph the new baby for the announcement.  She did the post-Annabelle photos so it wouldn't surprise me if they had planned to have her come back.   I'm praying they are all smart enough to have the COVID + best friend stay home.

Well Joy is in the hospital (assuming she had the baby) and the hospital isn't going to let Carlin in. Hospitals have no visitors right now in maternity wards.   

I also think Carlin and Joy are smart enough to avoid each other at least for the next month. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Well Joy is in the hospital (assuming she had the baby) and the hospital isn't going to let Carlin in. Hospitals have no visitors right now in maternity wards.   

I also think Carlin and Joy are smart enough to avoid each other at least for the next month. 

Or they'll see each other but keep It on the down low. I wouldn't put it past them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Or they'll see each other but keep It on the down low. I wouldn't put it past them.

Sadly, I agree. I think the takeaway they've had from this is not to be a responsible person and follow guidelines but instead to just be more quiet about violating the rules, so they don't get called out for it. Because if they actually had cared about people, they wouldn't have been hanging out during a pandemic period, let alone while pregnant or caring for small children (especially high-risk children). For this crowd, common sense guidelines for preventing the spread of this disease is akin to an affront on their "rights," so they don't give a shit because "freedom!" Their ignorance and selfishness disgusts and appalls me. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Carlin traveled to see Joy once she is released from the hospital. 

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Maybe Joy had the baby is waiting until she comes home to announce the birth. 

I wanted to be Carlin and Evan would be more responsible, but I looked at her Instagram. Boy are they dumb!

I agree that Carlin and Evan are barely taking covid seriously.

August 8th was a typical post of Carlin and Layla sitting in a car. August 17th was the post about recovering from covid. August 21st, hawking hair products, spending time with family and going to the golfing range. 

It seems they possibly followed recommendations for covid by isolating for 10 days after first symptoms or 10 days after a positive test. But just barely depending on when they became sick.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

August 8th was a typical post of Carlin and Layla sitting in a car. August 17th was the post about recovering from covid. August 21st, hawking hair products, spending time with family and going to the golfing range. 

You forgot to add the visit from Evan's sister & nieces.  And reading & absorbing the praises from all their followers. They really do live exciting busy lives. 

I finally figured out what they do the most & best -- they get on my nerves (& much more than the rest of the families!!)

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

If they are going to announce for TLC and/or one of the tabloid mags, we won't hear until Monday or Tuesday (that is, if she's had the baby already).

If they decide to announce via their social media or YouTube channel we'll hear whenever Joy and Austin wants to let the world know. 

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 7

I was actually thinking whether the JoKen announcement was on Joy's due date on purpose. To move some attention from Joy to someone else.

But I hope and believe everything is ok and they are waiting for a right moment

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

I'm getting genuinely concerned.

I wouldn't worry too much. They're probably to either announce as hype for the show or when Us Weekly, People, etc. wants to do the announcement. At least she's not still posting bump pictures. 

I hope the baby was born Thursday and Joy and the baby are healthy. 

• Love 7

Depending on what happened, Austin might not be at the hospital with Joy.  I know some hospitals were restricting partner access (or not allowing them to leave and come back).  She wouldn’t be allowed to have any other family members visit, so taking glamour shots for the mags might be difficult.  Her OB also might have agreed to let Joy go a few days past if fluids looked good and the baby looked small. 

I agree they released the JoKen news to get through the weekend, then we’ll hear about Joy & Austin early next week.

• Love 3

If the baby was already born, there is no reason why they couldn't have released a statement; baby born, sex of child, weight and name. Photos and details to follow. They didn't, so people are speculating. I think this is their intention.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m sure she’s fine. There’s no way the siblings would be posting leisurely pictures boating or otherwise having a good time if something were wrong. At the very least, Amy or Jill would have posted a cryptic message.

That's what I was thinking--or hoping. 

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

If the baby was already born, there is no reason why they couldn't have released a statement; baby born, sex of child, weight and name. Photos and details to follow. They didn't, so people are speculating. I think this is their intention.

It drives up their clicks...which gives JB and TLC more clout selling advertising.

It’s pretty heinous, especially for conspicuous Christians, but not surprising. 

• Love 5
On 8/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

If they are going to announce for TLC and/or one of the tabloid mags, we won't hear until Monday or Tuesday (that is, if she's had the baby already).

If they decide to announce via their social media or YouTube channel we'll hear whenever Joy and Austin wants to let the world know. 

Quoting myself here. What do I win?

They will probably have more during an ad break during Counting On tomorrow night. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

It looks like the birth went well. Now Joy can compete with Kendra for the most kids. 

I'm glad she and the baby are healthy. 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Looks like little Savannah Raelynn Cora Vette has a low key Austin nose. Cute little thing though and under 8lbs!

She's 8lbs 5oz. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

It looks like the birth went well. Now Joy can compete with Kendra for the most kids. 

I'm glad she and the baby are healthy. 

She's 8lbs 5oz. 

Yup, I had already fixed it.