Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Nysha said:

If one of them ends up testing positive they could be responsible for infecting most of AK before it's over.

AR (unless someone's gone flying out to Alaska...), but yes, I agree with the sentiment!

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

AR (unless someone's gone flying out to Alaska...), but yes, I agree with the sentiment!

Thank you! I kept going through all the A- state abbreviations I could remember but the only one I knew for sure was AZ=Arizona. AR was just too easy.

And obviously I was way too lazy to Google it. The Duggars just aren't worthy of my mad Google skillz.

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 16
30 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Thank you! I kept going through all the A- state abbreviations I could remember but the only one I knew for sure was AZ=Arizona. AR was just too easy.

And obviously I was way too lazy to Google it. The Duggars just aren't worthy of my mad Google skillz.

Don't feel bad! A couple of years ago, I was watching a PBS show that had us down as AK. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

From the photos Joy posts about Giddy getting into things he shouldn't be in to, Joy does not watch her son very well, IMO, nor does she keep things from his reach. I never had a problem with that with my boys because I put things away where they couldn't get into them. I don't think Joy is that organized.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

From the photos Joy posts about Giddy getting into things he shouldn't be in to, Joy does not watch her son very well, IMO, nor does she keep things from his reach. I never had a problem with that with my boys because I put things away where they couldn't get into them. I don't think Joy is that organized.

Something like Giddy's shenanigans is more typical of a parent with more than one kid, like maybe 19. Lets hope she's more careful with poisonous cleaners, sharp utensils and hot burners.

• Love 10

My apologies if someone's already posted this, but Austin's sister, the one married to Ballinger's son, has their third child and first son this past week. Reading between the lines of the Facebook post seems like it was a home birth. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

My apologies if someone's already posted this, but Austin's sister, the one married to Ballinger's son, has their third child and first son this past week. Reading between the lines of the Facebook post seems like it was a home birth. 

Yes I heard rumors that she had her third child this week, but I couldn't confirm. Meagan Ballinger gave birth to a boy named Robert Ballinger the III.  Since he's the third, they're calling him "Bear" (as a nickname), which he can change when he's older if he wants.  She has two girls and will be married 5 years in November.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes I heard rumors that she had her third child this week, but I couldn't confirm. Meagan Ballinger gave birth to a boy named Robert Ballinger the III.  Since he's the third, they're calling him "Bear" (as a nickname), which he can change when he's older if he wants.  She has two girls and will be married 5 years in November.  

It's a public post on his FB page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006522014028

I saw it on my feed, despite not being friends with him, because someone shared it in a local group. 

• Useful 1

How do y'all think Joy feels about the Jill/Derick and JB/M situation? Is she disappointed in Jill? Or disappointed in JB?

Never mind, its Joy, she might not have even noticed.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
(edited)
45 minutes ago, seasons said:

Just watched "La La Land" episode.

they were able to bury Baby Ababelle on their own? In the woods? Seriously?

Not to sound too creepy, but I have 2 neighbors with their wives buried in their backyards. (Should clarify the wives died of natural causes, cancer in both cases, and not, you know, murder.) I'm not sure where they buried the baby--and I'm not going to say it's not weird because I find my neighbors' decision weird, though I will admit both graves are well-maintained and look nice as far as that goes--but if it was outside of city limits, it wouldn't surprise me if there were no rules against it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

For information purposes:

388954DA-9DF8-47ED-B05A-8444047F2CA5.jpeg

Yikes. Thank goodness most folks don't do this. Can you imagine buying a home that came with Grandma Evelyn in the backyard?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes. Thank goodness most folks don't do this. Can you imagine buying a home that came with Grandma Evelyn in the backyard?

That's what I don't get. Who wants to buy a house that come with a dead person in the backyard? Can they get the remains removed? And who pays for it?

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That's what I don't get. Who wants to buy a house that come with a dead person in the backyard? Can they get the remains removed? And who pays for it?

Yes!! Wouldn't this make it significantly more difficult to sell the home down the line or get the full value for the sale? What happens if random family members want to come pay their respects at some point and come knocking on the door or just walk onto the property? I mean...the odds of a home staying in the family for generations is not likely for most people.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, thehorseofpower said:

Yes!! Wouldn't this make it significantly more difficult to sell the home down the line or get the full value for the sale? What happens if random family members want to come pay their respects at some point and come knocking on the door or just walk onto the property? I mean...the odds of a home staying in the family for generations is not likely for most people.

Sorry to disturb your barbecue, but it mom's birthday today. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Here's the thing about home burials, they really don't happen in cities or surburbia.  They are a holdover from our agricultural past.  People lived in the country and buried their dead there.  The city where I live is filled with little cemetaries from back when it was all farm land.  There is one in the mall parking lot.  Sometimes these graves are moved, and sometimes they are enclosed.    

• Love 6

The talk of home burials reminds me that we had a favorite cat that died and buried him under a tree.  It was in a city.  Not on "family land".  We had no idea we would move.  And so we had to leave him there.  Sometimes when we went back to visit, we would drive by and remember him.  

• Love 11

I have several close and extended family and a home burial situation. It’s basically land is never going to leave control of someone in my family, and it was the family members wishes to be buried there. It doesn’t really seem strange to me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2020 at 4:24 PM, lookeyloo said:

The talk of home burials reminds me that we had a favorite cat that died and buried him under a tree.  It was in a city.  Not on "family land".  We had no idea we would move.  And so we had to leave him there.  Sometimes when we went back to visit, we would drive by and remember him.  

Many people bury their pets in the backyard in cities, especially if the pet dies in the summer. It’s logistically easier to bury a 10lbs pet than a 200lbs human. 

If they wanted to bury Anabelle in the backyard that wouldn’t be strange. I’m not what the laws are in AR if the fetus was developed enough to require recording of the still birth. I know a person who planted a rose bush in their backyard at the burial spot in honor of a still birth.

I don’t know if the Duggars or the Forsyths have a family plot. 

On 7/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, JoanArc said:

I have several close and extended family and a home burial situation. It’s basically land is never going to leave control of someone in my family, and it was the family members wishes to be buried there. It doesn’t really seem strange to me.

Yeah- doesn’t seem strange to me either. But I’m more of the mind that even if the land leaves control of the family it’s less hassle and expense to bury someone on the family land (if it exists). 

But I’m also someone who doesn’t visit cemeteries- I think they are fascinating historical sites but after the burial I don't feel a need to go back. I have never been back unless it was for another family members burial. 

• Love 7

Annabelle is buried a bit off the beaten path near the spot where Austin proposed to Joy. Although it looked to be a wooded area, Joy and Austin also planted a tree that was given to them.

• Useful 6
On 7/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, Temperance said:

2. Archery with no armguards.

Arm guards in archery are a matter of choice, not a matter of necessity or safety.  Many shooters don't wind up with a bruise and find an arm guard disruptive and needless.

• Useful 3

I recently found out there is a small family burial plot in the National Veteran's Cemetery where my family members are buried.  It is separated from the other graves & taken care of by the family.  The area was once farm land and I guess the family didn't want their loved ones moved.  

18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Annabelle is buried a bit off the beaten path near the spot where Austin proposed to Joy. Although it looked to be a wooded area, Joy and Austin also planted a tree that was given to them.

I thought the area they chose was very touching.  It was already special to them and now it has more meaning even though very sad.  It was nice they planted the tree as well. 

• Love 8

Is the location of the proposal/burial on Austin's family land (I assume in Madison Co.)? I had assumed that was where he was in that pic of him on a tractor from a few weeks ago, and I think that would make more sense for a burial than their home on the outskirts of Fayetteville.

• Love 3
Just now, Zella said:

Is the location of the proposal/burial on Austin's family land (I assume in Madison Co.)? I had assumed that was where he was in that pic of him on a tractor from a few weeks ago, and I think that would make more sense for a burial than their home on the outskirts of Fayetteville.

Yes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Yes.

Thank you! 

Madison County is very rural. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the neighbors also had home burials, to be honest, and I'd venture to say none of them really bat an eye over it.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Joy and stupid Carlin should read this:

85 children under age 2 tested positive for coronavirus in 1 Texas county, as U.S. sets new record

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/85-infants-have-tested-positive-coronavirus-1-texas-county-u-n1234293?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0tYGbRxvtlVRikjlNfB_23wKc1ER8NKIUGljGWlcPFY4NcNfn9JynV0wI

Sadly, I doubt it would make a difference.  They'd dismiss it as "fake news".

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I like how reddit caught that stupid Carlin caught that she bought her new SUV from the Duggar carlot. TAHT'S why she came around.

It wasn't a state secret. They mentioned it in their vlog last week.

• Love 1
On 7/15/2020 at 3:17 PM, zenme said:

People, we must remember the lessons of the great classic movie, Poltergeist! 

My aunt & uncle had to stop digging their pool upon discovery of Native American artifacts. It took a couple of weeks, but they had people out from both tribes that were identified, and they did a blessing or ceremony to release the land. 

Nobody seemed to find it as funny as I did when I sent around a clip from Poltergeist. 

I'll always have a soft spot for Joy. Anyone who comes through what she has is a warrior, and I mean that for all of you here who have, too. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It wasn't a state secret. They mentioned it in their vlog last week.

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We discussed it on here. Or at least I mentioned it.

I must’ve missed it, sorry. Hopefully she will be able to contact them if she has trouble with her vehicle!😄  we know all about their well-documented tendency to disappear like a fart in the wind once they have the money. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Hehe The only account I've ever heard of someone buying a vehicle from a Duggar lot was secondhand--a sister of a friend of mine bought a car there and said it was a lemon, and they basically dodged her attempts to contact them about it. I laughed way harder at that story when he told me than I think I was supposed to. 😆 I asked him which one sold her the car, but he wasn't sure. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Hehe The only account I've ever heard of someone buying a vehicle from a Duggar lot was secondhand--a sister of a friend of mine bought a car there and said it was a lemon, and they basically dodged her attempts to contact them about it. I laughed way harder at that story when he told me than I think I was supposed to. 😆 I asked him which one sold her the car, but he wasn't sure. 

There was a review on the carlot’s Google page.  Someone bought a car from Josiah, and the car immediately started having mechanical problems. He tried to contact Josiah for help and could not get through. Anyone that buys a car from a situation like that, that isn’t desperately port has no other options, only has themselves to blame. It’s so predatory, not that they know the Bible says not to prey on poor people

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

There was a review on the carlot’s Google page.  Someone bought a car from Josiah, and the car immediately started having mechanical problems. He tried to contact Josiah for help and could not get through. Anyone that buys a car from a situation like that, that isn’t desperately port has no other options, only has themselves to blame. It’s so predatory, not that they know the Bible says not to prey on poor people

The sister who got the car is super religious. Like married to a pastor religious. As far as I know, she doesn't know them, but I've wondered if she bought a car from them specifically because they were the Duggars. If so, she learned an expensive lesson. . . .

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

The bar is so low it’s on the ground, but this pleases me. Will be interesting to see how many people they allow in the hospital room as mom laborers. Usually just the father. What do you want to bet it won’t be filmed?

B0AF8DA1-2218-424E-BC5E-8B81A8848B57.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Wow, a Duggar daughter who actually learns from experience and changes her actions? I'm glad she's not going to try another home birth. 

Jessa’s like “hold my beer great value cola”. She’ll be insufferably smug once baby 4, and emergency transfusion 3 comes along.

Fuck-you internet, Love Joy.

HOSPITAL BAGS are a form of PRENATAL CARE.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The bar is so low it’s on the ground, but this pleases me. Will be interesting to see how many people they allow in the hospital room as mom laborers. Usually just the father. What do you want to bet it won’t be filmed?

B0AF8DA1-2218-424E-BC5E-8B81A8848B57.jpeg

Fuck-you internet, Love Joy.

• LOL 11