Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

(edited)

Obviously Joy was a star pupil at the "Jill & Jessa Dugger Academy of Toxic & Slovenly Housekeeping".   

I'd be wearing a mask and gloves INSIDE all 3 of their houses.  

Just the fact that something like Duggar Data exists (I had no idea) is extremely disturbing.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Zella said:

Isn't she due in early August? I vaguely recall pondering the probability she would be born on my birthday, which is the 3rd. 

19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You're the 3rd?  I'm the 4th.  No need for either of us to share our special day with Joy's spawn. 

The 3rd was my mom’s birthday; mine is the 6th. So Joy, the first week of August is off limits. Just sayin’.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

The 3rd was my mom’s birthday; mine is the 6th. So Joy, the first week of August is off limits. Just sayin’.

Yep.  I already share my day with Barak Obama, the old Queen Mum, and Meghan the Duchess of Sussex.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Obviously Joy was a star pupil at the "Jill & Jessa Dugger Academy of Toxic & Slovenly Housekeeping".   

Just the fact that something like Duggar Data exists (I had no idea) is extremely disturbing.  

I agree! Some people are EXTREMELY obsessed 🤣.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

well, to be fair, the Duggars have been putting their fertility cycles and their "sweet season of life" beliefs out there for 10+ years so if people want to track some data based on their publicly touted ability to get married and have procreative sex - and that is there LITERAL claim to fame - I'm not going to sit here and say that's any more obsessive than visiting a forum to comment about it. 😉 At least ONE of those things involves data. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

It was interesting at first. It really highlighted how predictable the Duggars are for the most part with basic statistics. 

Then it started wading into capturing every single tidbit of information about fundie families, trying to incorporate exact dates for miscarriages, etc. Whomever is behind it also tries to take the moral high ground on things to do with the Duggars. Lady, once you went to calculate Jinger's miscarriage date for your little spreadsheet all bets were off. That's creepy. No moral high ground for you!

As much as this family puts themselves out there and is known for their fecundity, you can't act like you have the moral high ground over some snarkers and then do creepy shit like calculate *exact* miscarriage dates. No. Just stop. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Imma gonna be channeling my inner Red Forman and call them all Dumbasses.

And more dumbasses! Here’s one shot from the Duggar’s 4th of July party. No masks or social distancing to be seen! I hope Joy wasn’t there, but I’m sure she was.

4E5FE3B1-EC65-4626-9ACC-09E13D515C6C.jpeg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They did:

CDA7E86A-417D-4CAB-973C-FC7282B705F7.jpeg

253FA159-CCA3-41BF-9CA4-9C89BA71CF3D.jpeg

OK, so, they say they have a plan for the COVID crisis.  Then they proceed to say that their 'plan' is to not cancel anything.  And to take 'extra precautions' while giving no specifics.  Boy, isn't that reassuring?  Don't you wish you could go to Family Camp?  Somehow, I expect their clientele would actually point to this pronouncement as proof that they are being very careful in this pandemic.  Stupid is as stupid does.

• Love 9
(edited)

It was also noted on the Bates' board that Evan should have spent the 14 days he was off at home, isolating. He was still well within the incubation period when he got tested. Then he went on vacation while still in the incubation period.

Dumbass.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Joy looks very pretty in those photos. The green long cardigan-like thingy looks like it is part of a lingerie outfit. 

Joy's kind of a wild card to me. There are a few details where I wonder if she's going in the direction of Jill and detaching herself from the family. For example, she has worn sleeveless shirts baring her shoulders, it looks like she will not be a prominent part of Counting On, and clearly this shower does not appear to have any other Duggars, at least in those photos, so it seems like she's got her own set of friends. On the other hand, she's supposedly the most conservative of the Duggar daughters, and yet she doesn't make a point of flaunting Jesus on her social media. 

• Love 8

Joy had an in person baby shower? I wonder how many people attended?

As I said in the Jill thread- I consider myself someone who takes precautions seriously and wants to do my part as a person to slow the spread of the virus, but I haven’t been sitting home alone every weekend this last month. Nothing wrong with having 1-2 friends over for a meal/movie/hangout session but a “party”?? With 20-30people is a different thing. 

I am 100% speculating and have no idea how many guests were at the event. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, not you again said:

If you knew me in real life you would know that I am NOT an uptight, straight-laced, conservative person.  However, I am not a fan of skin-tight maternity wear.  I wish Joy would switch dresses with the girl in the last pic!  Joy's dress looks like it was spray painted on her.

Me too!  It just doesn't look flattering or comfortable to me.

• Love 2
On 7/5/2020 at 11:33 AM, Barb23 said:

I forgot to add on my orig post that they started praying right away. Nothing wrong with that. I would have joined in on any prayer chain that had an open link for me. But like we say, they think their way of praying and living is the ONLY thing that helps them.  IIRC Evan mentioned about how praying helped with the negative results when the nurse called him back. I think most people would have just said a simple "Thank God" & left it at that.  

I also forgot to repeat this was the couple that didn't have a clue when Layla was in distress and/or monitor was going off when she first started having problems. Carlin called to the Bates' house rather than calling 911 first because she was so flustered. Luckily someone was home at the Bates & they had  smarts to call 911. But that had to be a confusing and difficult call for the 911 operator.  They have to ask many important questions relating to the patient's condition at that moment and not have to go through a third party. Especially since it was an infant with known problems. (This part is just my opinion. Hopefully they hung up the 911 Bates call & had Carlin call them back directly.) 

BTW, I'm also predicting a new blessing in their future. I'm sure they found a way to pass the time. 

ETA: Fundy dingbats in general do a lot of stupid and crazy things that upset me. But this one takes the cake. I have  heart & lung problems that developed later in life . I know the seriousness involved & possibly life threatening in certain circumstances.  I feel nothing but sorrow & sadness that this precious little baby has to start life with such uninformed & clueless parents that seem to take her problems as minor bumps in the road & that their God can fix it all.

Maybe Evan praying for a negative test means that god gave him a false negative.  Maybe he is actually infected, non-symptomatic but god wanted to grant Evan his wish.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yep.  I already share my day with Barak Obama, the old Queen Mum, and Meghan the Duchess of Sussex.  

I share my birthday with princess Di!

• Love 5

I think it’s Austin who’s the wildcard, not Joy. Austin seems to me to be very conservative, uptight, and private. I think that Joy just does what will make her headship happy. That said, I think fatherhood and losing Annabelle has loosened Austin up a little, and that can be nothing but good for Joy and his child/children. 

To me, these two seem like child abuse survivors. I don’t mean that in a judgmental way. It’s just that to me they both seem like their upbringings still affect them A LOT. But what do I know 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, not you again said:

If you knew me in real life you would know that I am NOT an uptight, straight-laced, conservative person.  However, I am not a fan of skin-tight maternity wear.  I wish Joy would switch dresses with the girl in the last pic!  Joy's dress looks like it was spray painted on her.

Amen!! When I was pregnant with my kids, I hated the maternity wear that was available. I settled for regular tops in extra large women's sizes that fit me better.  I look at pictures of maternity wear that my mother in law wore in the late 70s/early 80s, and I like them so much better. Wish they would come back.  Joy looks like a sausage stuffed into a casing. 

1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Love 6
(edited)

Oh Lord, 

not only are they partying in a pandemic, they're also...

1. ATVing. Joy is riding behind Austin on ATV. Now I wouldn't have problem with this except she's at least 8 months pregnant.  Also they're not wearing helmets. Accidents are really common on ATV. You hit a rock or something.

2. Archery with no armguards. Also Joy shoots the bow with her huge bump in the way. 

3. Axe throwing. I guess no hazards beyond playing with axes. 

I'd have less of problem if these were just young people not during a pandemic. But they're also all parents doing this stuff.

You can't fix stupid. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 11

My friend, who laughed at me for being so cautious on an ATV, wrecked hers and really messed up her shoulder badly.  Surgery, months of PT, and it's still not right.  Joy shouldn't be on one of those right now.

• Love 17

No Layla? At least they didn't drag her along. 

So Carlin's reason for the trip was to buy a car. Did they come to AR from TN to buy a car from the Duggars? If the Duggars really do sell shady cars, that's great way to ruin a friendship.

• LOL 11
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Carlin just posted a video. Evan was exposed to someone with the virus, and he’s going to get tested. His work is now shut down for 2 weeks.

That's weird because I believe @Sew Sumi mentioned that this happened almost two weeks ago. Is Carlin re-posting for clicks?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That video was up a while ago. He got tested before the 4th of July weekend.  I guess they are not getting enough clicks so she put it on a story today.  They are playing fast and loose with the timeline.  Carlin and Evan are all about followers. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right. Carlin is acting like this just happened and didn't actually occur before they took off for vacation in AR. 

And she seems like she's blaming her husband in the video, as well as not taking it too seriously.

• Love 5
(edited)

Right again. At minimum, he should have worn a mask at home while they awaited his test results. Instead, they just goofed off. 

Evan also shouldn't have traveled. He was still in the 2 week incubation period if he tested early last week which he would have needed to do to make the blog ready by Saturday release (when they were already in AR).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, Temperance said:

Oh Lord, 

not only are they partying in a pandemic, they're also...

1. ATVing. Joy is riding behind Austin on ATV. Now I wouldn't have problem with this except she's at least 8 months pregnant.  Also they're not wearing helmets. Accidents are really common on ATV. You hit a rock or something.

2. Archery with no armguards. Also Joy shoots the bow with her huge bump in the way. 

3. Axe throwing. I guess no hazards beyond playing with axes. 

I'd have less of problem if these were just young people not during a pandemic. But they're also all parents doing this stuff.

You can't fix stupid. 

I know I'm a Nervous Nellie type of person but we can add letting Giddy Up out of his car seat so he can stand up and "drive" up the camp drive way with Austin another crazy thing. I know it's a private road, but crazy things can happen like hitting a rough spot or pot hole causing Giddy to lose his balance and bumping his head on the windshield to say the least. 

I didn't even make it to the part with Joy on the ATV.  😳Thank God I didn't, I would still be recuperating from the vapors. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I really don't wish ill-will on anyone, but my fear is that none of these Fundies and others of their ilk (COVID downplayers/anti-social distancers) will get the virus, confirming, in their minds, that they were right all along.

Is it ok if I just wish for a few  COVID cases sprinkled amongst the non-believers?  Just to the point across?  Ugh.

• Love 23

Joy and Austin do seem to have some basic/decent editing skills (and they're monetized so some chump change is good to have with a new little one coming).

Regarding the partying with a pandemic...I can't judge.  They're adults and will have to accept the consequences 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Regarding the partying with a pandemic...I can't judge.  They're adults and will have to accept the consequences 

If they get sick themselves, that’s on them. But the really dangerous consequences are that they could get some innocent bystanders sick. Like someone at the grocery store or the restaurant. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If they get sick themselves, that’s on them. But the really dangerous consequences are that they could get some innocent bystanders sick. Like someone at the grocery store or the restaurant. 

Or their kids, who have no say in their parents being assholes. 😞 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

And Austin's parents are older, or at least his dad is. His dad may fall in the 60+ age category, which puts him a higher risk.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And Austin's parents are older, or at least his dad is. His dad may fall in the 60+ age category, which puts him a higher risk.

Looked it up, he’s 60, she’s 56.

• Useful 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

True, but they probably have the same mindset as their kids. You can get it if you believe in the right Jesus. 

22 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I know I'm a Nervous Nellie type of person but we can add letting Giddy Up out of his car seat so he can stand up and "drive" up the camp drive way with Austin another crazy thing. I know it's a private road, but crazy things can happen like hitting a rough spot or pot hole causing Giddy to lose his balance and bumping his head on the windshield to say the least. 

I didn't even make it to the part with Joy on the ATV.  😳Thank God I didn't, I would still be recuperating from the vapors. 

I didn't watch-how far did Giddy drive? I used to let my son sit in my lap when I moved the car from one end of the driveway to the other (maybe 15-20ft?) but it's also because I knew our driveway and felt comfortable that he could sit in my lap and go 5mph for a minute-plus it would delight him so much. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Not just that but every bloody thing they do. What happened if that ATV tipped over and either one had sustained serious injuries? It's not just Joy and Austin that have to deal with the fallout. The people who witnessed it would remember it. The paramedics and other medical professionals would have had to deal with that. It would have been more traumatic especially because Joy is due to give birth in a month. 

They are all selfish and don't think. For people who preach JOY, they sure put themselves first a lot.

They're idiots, period. One day a major event is going to cost them and a lot of innocent bystanders dearly. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, questionfear said:

I didn't watch-how far did Giddy drive? I used to let my son sit in my lap when I moved the car from one end of the driveway to the other (maybe 15-20ft?) but it's also because I knew our driveway and felt comfortable that he could sit in my lap and go 5mph for a minute-plus it would delight him so much. 

He 'drove' for a bit. He wasn't sitting on Austin's lap though. He was standing and hopping and bopping, while holding onto the steering wheel.